PDA

View Full Version : Round 17 Gold Coast Titans v Penrith Panthers

Pages : 1 [2]

Toads
06-07-13, 10:57 PM
Wish you guys would reveal more to folks like myself that don't fart, burp or tweet elsewhere..

Tamwelg
06-07-13, 11:01 PM
Even more heated.
Time to stop the BS, and get rid of this dead wood

We need more of us to get on board on twitter and Facebook and turn the heat up more. The more noise we make the better it will be heard.

hatchy84
06-07-13, 11:06 PM
What page is it on fb

Coaster
06-07-13, 11:06 PM
We need more of us to get on board on twitter and Facebook and turn the heat up more. The more noise we make the better it will be heard.

Agree.
Tried it the other way and it really didn't work.

I appoligies to those I told to hold back.
Time to unleash hell

DavidBouveng
06-07-13, 11:07 PM
Yeah I lol'd at ppl saying we are upset at carty after 2 losses.

We have been poor for 3-4 years, and many clubs would have already moved on the coach and sought a better standard.

Since our wooden spoon Trent Robinson and Michael McGuire have come and gone on the coaching market. They Modern coaches with cutting edge ideas and standards. Not 1980s style game play based on hack work and second rowers playing prop/ centre and where ever we can squeeze them.

As for real supporters, most here support the CLUB and want to see the best for it. Not as concerned with keeping ppl around cos they are good blokes. Ppl just fawning and saying its ok, next week, and don't hold the players/coaches accountable are the bad supporters IMO.

Hail Sezer
06-07-13, 11:08 PM

I tried but got kicked out of the group and banned almost immediately.

Set something up, you'll have support. That group of them that call themselves "true supporters" or whatever are ridiculous. They get mad at anyone who throws any criticism at the club, even if its with the intention of wanting the best for the club.

There's so many of them too. Makes it all the more difficult.

Coaster
06-07-13, 11:09 PM
As for real supporters, most here support the CLUB and want to see the best for it. Not as concerned with keeping ppl around cos they are good blokes. Ppl just fawning and saying its ok, next week, and don't hold the players/coaches accountable are the bad supporters IMO.

Never truer words spoken

Toads
06-07-13, 11:12 PM
Yeah I lol'd at ppl saying we are upset at carty after 2 losses.

We have been poor for 3-4 years, and many clubs would have already moved on the coach and sought a better standard.

Since our wooden spoon Trent Robinson and Michael McGuire have come and gone on the coaching market. They Modern coaches with cutting edge ideas and standards. Not 1980s style game play based on hack work and second rowers playing prop/ centre and where ever we can squeeze them.

As usual.. Well said, Mate. :)

TITAN PETE
06-07-13, 11:13 PM
There is no next week , there is only next year, we are not safe from another Spoon this season.

DavidBouveng
06-07-13, 11:14 PM
I tried but got kicked out of the group and banned almost immediately.

Set something up, you'll have support. That group of them that call themselves "true supporters" or whatever are ridiculous. They get mad at anyone who throws any criticism at the club, even if its with the intention of wanting the best for the club.

There's so many of them too. Makes it all the more difficult.

Can't bold on my phone... But ur last line makes me relate the true supporter group to the walking dead. Brain dead , ignorant masses following a course with no thought pattern. Will end in blood shed like walking dead too

DavidBouveng
06-07-13, 11:14 PM
There is no next week , there is only next year, we are not safe from another Spoon this season.

Mate I know. We are only two wins off second last. Wtf.

Toads
06-07-13, 11:25 PM
And after Pete posted the last 6 Rounds of this season the other day. I thought we were good for winning 2 out of the 6. But the way the Tigers 'n Cowboys have come into some form lately 'n we've fallin' out of it. There's not much hope of counting on those two rounds anymore either. Sorry to say..

hatchy84
06-07-13, 11:27 PM
I had my rant on titans Fb page

TITAN PETE
06-07-13, 11:37 PM
I had my rant on titans Fb page

You should be Banned by one of the Window Lickers before dawn:D

TITAN PETE
06-07-13, 11:38 PM
I see Bird in a Moon Boot & on crutches :?)

Tamwelg
06-07-13, 11:42 PM
I see Bird in a Moon Boot & on crutches :?)

@travismeyn: BREAKING: Greg Bird in doubt for Origin decider with an ankle injury. Says it's "very painful". He will still go into camp. #origin #nrl

Julius Sezer
06-07-13, 11:54 PM
Titans playing like s*** and now Birdy injured for Origin. Just made my f****** night. :mad:

gotitans101_
07-07-13, 12:07 AM
Birdy has been one of our best in recent weeks too. Sad to hear about this.

teke
07-07-13, 01:05 AM
I just read some of the Facebook comments -

"Why isn't Steve Michaels in the team, he is one of the clubs best centres ever!" Followed by "let's just remember all the wins we have had this yr!" Lol. Followed by "go Souths!!" Hahaha

Titanic
07-07-13, 01:36 AM
What a crock of vomit. I will just go quietly ... it was fun while it lasted but it has ceased to be fun. Goodbye one and all.

teke
07-07-13, 01:41 AM
What a crock of vomit. I will just go quietly ... it was fun while it lasted but it has ceased to be fun. Goodbye one and all.:laugh:

You ain't going anywhere sir, I want u around.

Coaster
07-07-13, 07:48 AM
The whole thread that I was in is gone.
I mentioned that we need a new coach. And certain groups in the legion are nothing but groupies.

I was quickly opposed by 2 staff members at the Titans, and the usal dribble where they tried to change the argument grammar.

TITAN PETE
07-07-13, 08:08 AM
The whole thread that I was in is gone.
I mentioned that we need a new coach. And certain groups in the legion are nothing but groupies.

I was quickly opposed by 2 staff members at the Titans, and the usal dribble where they tried to change the argument grammar.

It's a group run by Halftards that are only Groupies who want everyone to Love everyone & believe everything will be right the next day because "They are True Titan Fans" :rolleyes: , I took myself out of the group because they want to Police everything said & what is said must be all positive words & nothing bad about Coach or Players :laugh:

Chaos
07-07-13, 08:08 AM
I don't go out of my way to watch Titan games anymore so I didn't see them play Panthers. Going by everyone reaction on here I can assume we didn't fight too hard.
However, I just watched the highlights and was shocked to see Myles lazy on Panthers second try to Walsh...unlike Myles to let a try in like that.

Question...how did Myles play overall?

Coaster
07-07-13, 08:18 AM
I don't go out of my way to watch Titan games anymore so I didn't see them play Panthers. Going by everyone reaction on here I can assume we didn't fight too hard.
However, I just watched the highlights and was shocked to see Myles lazy on Panthers second try to Walsh...unlike Myles to let a try in like that.

Question...how did Myles play overall?

I can't answer that honestly. I only half watched, as it was that bad

Tamwelg
07-07-13, 08:38 AM
I can't answer that honestly. I only half watched, as it was that bad

It's interesting you say that because I can't remember a great deal about the game myself apart from the fact it was dismal.

matti
07-07-13, 09:06 AM
I hate groupies lol, im starting to question their s3xuality and why they are single...

Toads
07-07-13, 09:38 AM
What a crock of vomit. I will just go quietly ... it was fun while it lasted but it has ceased to be fun. Goodbye one and all.

I was thinking of you off 'n on through the game, knowing you made the effort to make it from China to Darwin. Only to stand on the sidelines and witness such a woeful performance. It'd be enough to leave anyone gutted..

Supergoose
07-07-13, 10:29 AM
I missed last night, but I'm going to endure the replay now. First 12 minutes gone and we don't look in-sync, especially on the last. Our kickers need to catch the ball moving forward or our chasers need to stand deeper.

Minichiello has just been penalised for getting up slowly, rough penalty as there was no delay in the tackle being made the call of move and Mark starting to get up. Seems the ref was bored.

teke
07-07-13, 10:31 AM
I missed last night, but I'm going to endure the replay now. First 12 minutes gone and we don't look in-sync, especially on the last. Our kickers need to catch the ball moving forward or our chasers need to stand deeper.

Minichiello has just been penalised for getting up slowly, rough penalty as there was no delay in the tackle being made the call of move and Mark starting to get up. Seems the ref was bored.please don't give us a play by play account of that game:D

Supergoose
07-07-13, 10:32 AM
Walsh try, 2 things noticeable, Minichiello didn't trust Kelly on his outside and slid too quickly and Nate Myles didn't come across in cover.

Supergoose
07-07-13, 10:34 AM
please don't give us a play by play account of that game:D

Fair enough, I'll make some notes and come back if I see anything that hasn't already been said.

Toads
07-07-13, 10:41 AM
Fair enough, I'll make some notes and come back if I see anything that hasn't already been said.

Good luck, you'll probably need the rest of today to break down 'n diagnose when, where 'n why it all went to **** in the Second Half.. :p

teke
07-07-13, 11:05 AM
Fair enough, I'll make some notes and come back if I see anything that hasn't already been said.u can do what ya want, alot can be said every week but it has simply come down to change management now.

Toads
07-07-13, 11:06 AM
Not your typical Meady.. :(

was he supposed to stop that

Not necessarily stop it. I was referring moreso to the read of the ball. He's usually sharper than that..

In fact, Meady was off his game in this department on a few occasions last night. There was that one above that I mentioned 'n another one of Panfers kick off that seen bounce in field, before going out. And I'd have to watch the game again, but I'm fairly confident there was another incident.

Not to worry though. It's not a bash up on Meady. Just pointing out he wasn't his usual self last night.

Supergoose
07-07-13, 11:10 AM
First half observations. Energy levels pretty ordinary in comparison to the Panthers. Kelly having a shocker. Sezer, Harrison, Srama going well. Some nice touches by Hunt, Gordon and Mead and Hughes solid but nothing to be excited about (if Rankin is fit he should still be ahead of him).

O'Dwyer rushes up too quickly and between he and Minichiello decision making in attack and defence is poor

If centre is our problem then perhaps Mea and Gordon need to be shifted in and we find some wingers to fill-in. Does anyone know if Tom Merritt is on contract? Perhaps Hughes could play left wing outside Gordon if Zillman doesn't play left centre on return. My backline after watching the first half if Idris and Taka are out would be 1. Rankin, 2. Gordon, 3. Zillman, 4. Mead, 5. Don

Coaster
07-07-13, 11:13 AM
The first half was our good half.
Wait till you watch the second.

matti
07-07-13, 11:41 AM
how come other teams 4 losses in a row results in coach being looked at, our coach gets a #### of searly. whats the go?

Supergoose
07-07-13, 12:07 PM
Second half woeful. Kelly improved on first half but forward pack apart from Bird, Harrison and Ridge were pretty ordinary. Lets hope we get some troops back soon because as bad as we were in defence tonight, the attack lacked punch. Hunt not ready for NRL - needs time in Q Cup. Hughes maybe ready, would like to see how he goes on the wing. Not playing James a mistake.

teke
07-07-13, 12:33 PM
After seeing Hughes play (he was ok), I wouldn't be banking on him being a future fb for the club. Lacks speed and X factor needed to carry a team

Steve
07-07-13, 12:39 PM
Well I for one was happy with the result.

Admittedly the Titans could have done more to make a game of it.

Bayside Titan
07-07-13, 12:44 PM
Well I for one was happy with the result.

Admittedly the Titans could have done more to make a game of it.
How much money did you have on the game and margin? :-)

Steve
07-07-13, 12:51 PM
How much money did you have on the game and margin? :-)

Hahaha, I don't bet.

But I'm a Panthers fan first and foremost. Titans are a second team (one I can actually go see play). Lots of ex Panthers involved when the Titans formed!

So yes, when I had legion membership I'd buy tickets for the away bay and sit there for matches.

While I cheer the Panthers, I do prefer it to be a close match! And for the Titans to win against everyone else.