gotitans101_
06-06-13, 05:17 PM
We got this.

TITAN PETE
18-06-13, 04:10 PM
Qld dump Harrison, Shillington for Origin

AAP
Tue 18th June, 3:32pm

Queensland coach Mal Meninga has dumped Ashley Harrison and David Shillington, calling up Daly Cherry-Evans and Josh Papalii for the must-win State of Origin game two at Suncorp Stadium on Wednesday week.

Workaholic back-rower Harrison and prop Shillington paid the price on Tuesday after the Maroons pack was outplayed in the game one loss to NSW in Sydney.

South Sydney's Chris McQueen and Corey Parker were promoted from the bench into the back row while hard man Nate Myles was shifted to the front row.

Canberra enforcer Papalii was selected to add punch from the interchange bench where he's joined by a fellow debutant in Manly halfback Cherry-Evans.

"It was difficult making changes. We have a culture of loyalty and we had to make some tough decisions with regards to the team moving forward," coach Mal Meninga said.

"I thought some fresh faces and fresh enthusiasm in this footy team was important.

"Hopefully we are heading in the right direction."

Meninga said Papalii would had much-needed grunt to the Maroons pack.

"He adds that aggressive element to the game, he's very combative when he plays and Origin is like that. You need that mentality," Meninga said.

Papalii's rematch with NSW captain Paul Gallen after they clashed in an NRL finals game last season may test the NRL's new hardline stance on punching.

Meninga joked that the rule came "one game too late."

"I can understand the decision. We don't want to be portrayed like that especially in Origin. But it's an aggressive game and sometimes tempers flare," Meninga said.

"It's going to be difficult to control yourself now. That's what we must be better at controlling our emotions.

"But Origin is about emotion so we'll see what happens."

Meninga said Cherry-Evans was injected on the bench for his utility value and hinted at using him in the halves, the centres, hooker and even the back row.

Queensland team: Billy Slater, Darius Boyd, Greg Inglis, Justin Hodges, Brent Tate, Johnathan Thurston, Cooper Cronk, Matt Scott, Cameron Smith (capt), Nate Myles, Chris McQueen, Sam Thaiday, Corey Parker. Interchange: Daly Cherry-Evans, Matt Gillett, Ben Te'o, Josh Papalii, Martin Kennedy.

Smakked
18-06-13, 04:50 PM
This will be a cracker of a game.

TO be honest as Blue i am not overly confident but we will see

And they have to make more money so why not go to game 3.

Coaster
18-06-13, 04:53 PM
NSW only chance is to win this game, i do not rate there chances in game 3 if the series is on the line, and Qld coming off a win.

Chaos
18-06-13, 05:10 PM
I really like the changes to the Queensland side...Papalii and Cherry Evens should have been in origin 1 but it's good to see Meninga didn't get stuck on the loyalty thing.

I'm not a massive Corey Parker fan but he was one of the best Queensland forwards in Origin 1 and got rewarded with the 13 jumper.

Going to be hard waiting a week for this!

Julius Sezer
18-06-13, 05:28 PM
Good changes to the QLD team. If Mal included Dave Taylor than the team would have been even better.

Toads
18-06-13, 05:46 PM
NSW only chance is to win this game, i do not rate there chances in game 3 if the series is on the line, and Qld coming off a win.

Tend to agree with this. It's going to prove to be a challenge to contain the Blues in Origin II, but if we (QLD) pull it off. It's going to make for a ripper Origin III. :)

DIEHARD
18-06-13, 11:33 PM
Please win QLD! *cries*

DIEHARD
18-06-13, 11:37 PM
Cherry. Happy about that. Parker... yea... not so much...

Rage
19-06-13, 08:29 AM
Cherry. Happy about that. Parker... yea... not so much...

Really? I thought he immediately boosted your attack once he came on in game 1?

DIEHARD
19-06-13, 07:23 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/p320x320/1012613_10150304675429970_925654572_n.jpg

DIEHARD
20-06-13, 06:22 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1013437_10151620699567954_1437990384_n.jpg

TITAN PETE
20-06-13, 07:12 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1013437_10151620699567954_1437990384_n.jpg

:laugh: thanks Brad :thumbsup:

DIEHARD
21-06-13, 01:53 AM
I was going next week... now I might miss the game for a big event in Canberra.

TITAN PETE
21-06-13, 08:06 AM
I was going next week... now I might miss the game for a big event in Canberra.

That may be a wise choice ;)

TITAN PETE
21-06-13, 08:25 AM
Tate yet to decide on Qld Origin future
By Laine Clark
AAP
Thu 20th June, 6:46pm

Queensland veteran Brent Tate has yet to decide in the 2013 Origin series will be his last
He is yet to decide whether this year's State of Origin series will be his last.

But Queensland veteran Brent Tate's fate might be decided for him if NSW seal their first series victory since 2005 with a game two win in Brisbane on Wednesday night.

The usually loyal Queensland coach Mal Meninga has already sounded his intentions by hailing a team "mini-transition" and ditching incumbents Ash Harrison and David Shillington for June 26's Origin II.

The 31-year-old Tate - a veteran of 19 Origins - survived the game two cut but might not be so lucky if the Blues emerge with a rare series win.

The likes of Melbourne's Will Chambers and Newcastle flyer Dane Gagai were believed to have been considered for an extended Queensland game two bench before Meninga's final 17 was revealed.

But rather than fear change, Tate embraced Meninga's new selection stance after feeding off the arrival of new faces - Manly playmaker Daly Cherry-Evans and Canberra enforcer Josh Papalii - at their Sunshine Coast team camp.

"To be fair, it's the direction we have to take because there are guys that are getting on a bit," Tate said.

"(But) having these younger guys around is really infectious.

"While we're all feeling for Shillo and Harro, we're excited for these boys and we've got to support them."

Tate recently signed a one-year NRL contract extension with North Queensland but seemed no closer to deciding his representative future.

Tate is Queensland's oldest player following the axing of 32-year-old Harrison, ahead of fellow 31-year-olds Corey Parker and Justin Hodges.

Hodges has already indicated the 2013 series might be his last.

"Obviously, I know I'm coming to the end of my Origin career," Tate said.

"There's a lot of kids knocking on the door.

"I'll make a decision that's fair on myself, Queensland and my club.

"It is coming up to the back-end of my career and I'm aware of that."

Tate might be the oldest Maroon but also has one of the biggest hearts.

He famously came back from three knee reconstructions to earn his first Origin recall in four years in 2012 to help Queensland seal a seventh straight series.

Typically, Tate said he would shelve thoughts about his future as he prepared for Queensland's crunch Origin II showdown at Suncorp Stadium.

"No, it won't (play on his mind)," he said.

"My focus is doing a job for the boys and not letting them down on Wednesday night."

TITAN PETE
21-06-13, 08:34 AM
Te'o puts Papalii on road to Queensland
Travis Meyn | 12:01am June 21, 2013

MAROONS hitman Josh Papalii has revealed Gold Coast product Ben Te'o was the man behind him pledging his allegiance to Queensland.

Te'o secretly helped Papalii through the eligibility process last year as the Kiwi-born wrecking ball was caught in a tug-of-war between New Zealand and Queensland.

Te'o, a former Junior Kiwi, went through a similar situation before making his Maroons debut in last year's decider. And the Keebra Park product was a key figure in Queensland debutant Papalii defecting on his country of birth.

''I spoke to Benny and he told me to not be selfish but look after my family,'' the Canberra star said. ''That's all I'm doing.''

''To be honest, it wasn't (a tough decision). I had my family there and I put them and God before everything else. It's paid off and I'm thankful I stuck by my decision.''

The Te'o and Papalii cases have created a stir south of the Tweed as Queensland coach Mal Meninga pushes the boundaries with his recruitment.

Te'o moved to Australia as a 17-year-old but never held strong ties to his motherland.

Papalii, 21, migrated to Logan when he was five and said Queensland was the only home he's known.

''I don't remember my life until I was six. All I've known is Queensland,'' he said.

''I felt like I owed Queensland something for everything they've done, not only for myself but also my family.

''If you don't want to play for a state, country or club then don't. Play for who you want to play for as long as it's in the guidelines.

''If anyone needs help with decisions like that, especially young Polys (Polynesians), I'm always willing to help.

''I'd tell them to just do what's best for themselves. Not in a selfish way.''

Papalii originally pledged his allegiance to New Zealand before defecting last September and Meninga said he didn't try to sway the 110kg enforcer.

''I never really tried to convince him. I said: 'I'd love you to be part of it but at the end it's your decision','' he said.

''He sat down with his parents and manager more than he sat down with me and made the decision that he wanted to play for Queensland. It's great for Queensland. He's in his third year of first grade now and is getting good game time.

''He's level-headed, trains hard and is the type of person you want your kids to look up to.

''He's a player of tremendous talent and his better days are in front of him. He's well-suited to Origin footy.''

TITAN PETE
21-06-13, 08:35 AM
Queeniwislander :?)

DIEHARD
21-06-13, 08:44 AM
QueeNZlander.

I hate this kind of bull****. Sure if he moved here young, but come on, he was a Junior Kiwi!

Julius Sezer
21-06-13, 05:19 PM
Teo probably reminded Papalii of the bigger pay cheque he would receive if he played for QLD.

Smakked
21-06-13, 05:48 PM
SO basically he is saying he is playing for the money , not for the pride and honour in the QLD jersey ? SO if they win or loose it means nothing to him ?

DIEHARD
22-06-13, 06:01 AM
Its a fact that there is a financial incentive to be a Maroon or Kangaroo over a Kiwi. Bigger pay and more matches.

Toads
22-06-13, 10:22 AM
Its a fact that there is a financial incentive to be a Maroon or Kangaroo over a Kiwi. Bigger pay and more matches.

That's unfortunate to learn that. As it is/was the pinnacle of most Queensland Rugby League Players to pull on a Maroon Jersey. If the monetary value surpasses the passion, and this trend continues, then things look pretty bleak. :mad:

Smakked
26-06-13, 04:18 PM
Go Blues!

Under 4 hours to kick off, Beer is flowing, Ribs are cooking, will be a good night.

TITAN PETE
26-06-13, 05:58 PM
Greg Bird Man of the Match

Toads
26-06-13, 06:37 PM
Just cracked a bottle of Bundy 'n sunk a Nip Pourer into it. Gunna need it to keep warm and for either Commiserations or Celebrations. Hopefully the latter..

Hail Sezer
26-06-13, 07:29 PM
Greg Bird Man of the Match

This

Toads
26-06-13, 08:19 PM
2nd minute.. nice

Smakked
26-06-13, 09:00 PM
Good to see they make sure it goes to Game 3 , Cash cow NRL.

SHocking game to watch NSW knew they were going to come out like they did but seem to not care.

TITAN PETE
26-06-13, 09:11 PM
After 29 minutes QLD had 75% of the pill....game going by the script early penalty for stripping & they score , 10 minutes later Hoffman stripped "Play On".... Very similar to the Government Shyte tonight...predictable.

I hope all the whinging Souths supporters are enjoying watching Merritt play because it will never happen again.

Game 3 can't come quick enough

Smakked
26-06-13, 09:29 PM
NSW have come out thinking we have game 3 so its ok. ****in pathetic

Toads
26-06-13, 09:39 PM
The Refs/ARLC have officially ****ed Origin Football tonight.

Smakked
26-06-13, 09:39 PM
What a joke this is turning into, NRL is slowing dieng in the eye s of the fans

thelwall
26-06-13, 09:49 PM
how the (firetruck) was tate and bird sent off - i turned it off this is ( firetruck-ing) terrible its like watching italy play soccer (firetruck) me

Smakked
26-06-13, 10:24 PM
This is what happens when you get someone running the game that doesn't have a clue, 2014 will be NTFL , National Touch Footy League, what a joke

Smakked
26-06-13, 10:26 PM
Never Let Merrit in the sky blue again , thats was the worse defence i have ever seen

Bayside Titan
26-06-13, 10:26 PM
Go Qld. Game 3 bring it on.

Bayside Titan
26-06-13, 10:28 PM
The whole fight thing was a mess. It's turning it into a joke. That's what we get for putting a Banker in charge of the code.

Hail Sezer
26-06-13, 10:29 PM
Merritt MOTM

...for Queensland

Tamwelg
26-06-13, 10:29 PM
After 29 minutes QLD had 75% of the pill....game going by the script early penalty for stripping & they score , 10 minutes later Hoffman stripped "Play On".... Very similar to the Government Shyte tonight...predictable.

I hope all the whinging Souths supporters are enjoying watching Merritt play because it will never happen again.

Game 3 can't come quick enough

:rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

Merritt MOTM

...for Queensland

Julius Sezer
27-06-13, 08:52 AM
I was always expecting Merritt to fail miserably in SOO. He has pathetic defence and QLD exploited him. Why the f*** would he be running across the his own centre, jumping and waving his hands in their trying to put JT off???

Disgraceful. A man with so much experience and he does that??

DIEHARD
27-06-13, 11:13 PM
QUEENSLANDER!