14 David Taylor
15 Luke Douglas
16 Ryan James
17 Sam Irwin
18 Ben Ridge

Coach: John Cartwright

DIEHARD
03-06-13, 10:00 AM
Should be an advantage to have the Bunnies away in Queensland for us.

shamus
03-06-13, 12:31 PM
Should be an advantage to have the Bunnies away in Queensland for us.

I'll be there waving the Titans flag.

DIEHARD
03-06-13, 04:25 PM

Great effort! I was hoping someone was headed up. Our sport really neglects Cairns. And I'd love to visit it one day. Was so close in Townsville for the Test last year.

Give us the inside word mate. Hope you see us shoot down the league leaders.

Smakked
07-06-13, 07:16 PM
This will be a massive scalp if we can get it. Looking forward to this game should be a cracker

Julius Sezer
07-06-13, 10:24 PM
Defence needs to be perfect if we want to contain GI

thelwall
07-06-13, 11:31 PM
our biggest game so far

Titanic
08-06-13, 10:42 AM
Myles should use his head ... metaphorically speaking of course.

DavidBouveng
08-06-13, 04:31 PM

Me too mate. Really looking forward to it.

since i believe we are good things to beat the storm at home without there origin players, this game could really help set us up and get us entrenched in that 5th spot, maybe 4th as the top teams struggle through origin.

At the very least, we need a staunch effort that maintains, or rebuilds, our credibility and confidence on the run home.

Cant wait. my old man lives in Cairns and is a titans supporter. he used to take me to Seagulls games at tweed when i was a tacker and i owe my love of league to him. will be great to take him for once and repay the favour

hammer
08-06-13, 05:58 PM
Me too mate. Really looking forward to it.

since i believe we are good things to beat the storm at home without there origin players, this game could really help set us up and get us entrenched in that 5th spot, maybe 4th as the top teams struggle through origin.

At the very least, we need a staunch effort that maintains, or rebuilds, our credibility and confidence on the run home.

Cant wait. my old man lives in Cairns and is a titans supporter. he used to take me to Seagulls games at tweed when i was a tacker and i owe my love of league to him. will be great to take him for once and repay the favour

Hopefully for your old man it will be a win to remember for years to come!

DIEHARD
10-06-13, 02:33 PM
Tom Burgess may make his first grade debut next weekend.

gotitans101_
10-06-13, 02:48 PM
Tom Burgess may make his first grade debut next weekend.

Great....if he plays anything like George then we're in trouble. Makes you wonder how all these Burgess brothers in the one team can fit under the Rabbit's salary cap as they have a number of other star players in their side too.

hatchy84
10-06-13, 03:37 PM
Tom and George would be earning nothing till next contract

gotitans101_
10-06-13, 03:38 PM
Yeah but I mean in future they'll have to offload a few players to keep them, because they won't be cheap to retain.

patskE
10-06-13, 08:34 PM
but who wouldnt take a bit less if it means playing with ur brothers...

DIEHARD
10-06-13, 11:11 PM
Titans to face Burgess brothers blitz

THE Titans could be running into a triple decker Burgess sandwich with Rabbitohs siblings Sam and George a chance of being joined by mammoth brother Tom in the Cairns clash.

Tom Burgess is on the cusp of NRL selection after starring for South Sydney's feeder team, North Sydney, in the NSW Cup over the past month.

He is the twin brother of Rabbitohs wrecking ball George who has been one of the finds of the season with his rampaging runs and try-scoring ability. Both tip the scales at 120kg and are just 21 years old.

Sam, the 116kg superstar English forward, will return from a one-week suspension against the Gold Coast at Cairns Stadium on Sunday after South Sydney chose to shift a home game to far north Queensland.

Titans prop Luke Douglas said the proposition of facing the three big boppers would be a massive challenge for the Titans' all-star forward pack.

''They're the in-form forward pack of the competition. We've got our (Origin) boys back so it'll be a good test to see where we're at,'' he said.

''George is probably the most in-form front-rower going around.

''He's big, strong and very hard to stop. We'll definitely have our work cut out.''

Nate Myles, Greg Bird and Ashley Harrison are expected to return to the team after playing Origin last Wednesday while Ben Ridge will come into the selection frame after overcoming a pec injury. Dave Taylor battled a calf strain against the Cowboys last weekend but should be fit and Luke O'Dwyer (jaw) is also available.

Coach John Cartwright will have a near full complement of players to select from and Douglas said the bye had come at the right time. ''We've won two in a row and it was a good time to freshen everyone up,'' he said.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/

Titanic
10-06-13, 11:51 PM
Cairns is a bit too tropical for those pommie Neanderthals.

Toads
11-06-13, 12:23 AM
Cairns is a bit too tropical for those pommie Neanderthals.

Yup, even though it's the dry season. Lets hope about half an hour before kick off, it pisses down with rain 'n the day heats up to 32c 'n humidity floats around the 95% for them. :D

TITAN PETE
11-06-13, 07:15 AM
A win in this game will have us looking at the top 4 & keep us clear of the chasing pack, this is a huge match.

Tamwelg
11-06-13, 07:18 AM
A win in this game will have us looking at the top 4 & keep us clear of the chasing pack, this is a huge match.

I said something very similar to my d man on the weekend.

TITAN PETE
11-06-13, 11:47 AM
Titans
1 William Zillman
2 Kevin Gordon
3 Brad Takairangi
4 Jamal Idris
5 Anthony Don
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Albert Kelly
8 Luke Bailey
9 Matt Srama
10 Nate Myles
11 Greg Bird
12 Mark Minichiello
13 Ashley Harrison

Interchange
14 David Taylor
15 Luke Douglas
16 Ryan James
17 Sam Irwin
18 Ben Ridge

Chaos
11-06-13, 11:50 AM
Will be interesting to see who Carty drops from the bench this week.

Mr Stupid
11-06-13, 01:27 PM
Will be interesting to see who Carty drops from the bench this week.

Ryan James for mine.

Toads
11-06-13, 01:34 PM
Ryan James for mine.

Tend to agree. Too much Drama 'n not enough Football out of Ryan the last couple of games. :ugh:

Smakked
11-06-13, 02:26 PM
Agree with dropping James, gives away to many penaltys at the wrong time

TITAN PETE
11-06-13, 02:54 PM
Titans name Origin trio for Souths clash
By Ed Jackson
AAP
Tue 11th June, 2:21pm

Greg Bird is tackled during Gold Coast's 28-22 win over Parramatta in round six
State of Origin trio Nate Myles, Ashley Harrison and Greg Bird will all return for Gold Coast this weekend against NRL leaders South Sydney in Cairns.

Myles, Harrison and Bird have all been named in a near-full strength Titans team for Sunday's clash in far north Queensland.

Winger David Mead (broken jaw) is the only notable absentee with the Origin trio's inclusion forcing forwards Dave Taylor, Luke Douglas and Ryan James onto the bench.

Back-rower Ben Ridge has been named as 18th man as he prepares to make his comeback from a pectoral injury.

Titans coach John Cartwright said all three of his representative stars had come through last week's series opener unscathed.

"They've had nearly a week off so they'll be back at training on Thursday and make the trip with us and we'll get a session up in Cairns on Saturday," Cartwright said.

The Titans head north to take on the Bunnies on the back of wins over Parramatta and North Queensland before last weekend's bye.

Cartwright said he was looking forward to the prospect of tackling the table-topping Rabbitohs.

"They're a big, big side, strong right across the park," he said.

"They're fresh off the bye so we're really looking forward to it.

"If you wanna see how you're going, you've got to play the best."

Titans: William Zillman, Kevin Gordon, Brad Takairangi, Jamal Idris, Anthony Don, Aidan Sezer, Albert Kelly, Luke Bailey, Matt Srama, Nate Myles, Greg Bird, Mark Minichiello, Ashley Harrison. Interchange: David Taylor, Luke Douglas, Ryan James, Sam Irwin, Ben Ridge. (one to be omitted).

Geeman
11-06-13, 03:04 PM
Agree with dropping James, gives away to many penaltys at the wrong time

Agreed, maybe a week in the lower grades will help him re-focus

Julius Sezer
11-06-13, 05:08 PM
A testing game for us. I don't expect a win but even a close match will make me convinced that we are premiership contenders. BUT a win is what we are after. It will boost our confidence immensely and it will send out a warning signal to the other teams in the comp. I am very excited for this match.

Leeroy
11-06-13, 05:11 PM
No chance Ryan James will miss this match. Ridge will stay 18th.
With all three Burgess boys I'm guessing Ryan will play a lot of minutes.
This game is going to be a great indicator of where we are at. Both teams rested with the bye I'm looking forward to this battle. Biggest test yet for 2013.

TITAN PETE
11-06-13, 05:14 PM
No chance Ryan James will miss this match. Ridge will stay 18th.
With all three Burgess boys I'm guessing Ryan will play a lot of minutes.
This game is going to be a great indicator of where we are at. Both teams rested with the bye I'm looking forward to this battle. Biggest test yet for 2013.

Agree 100% we need James in an Agro state of mind just hopefully he can keep it legal :D

Mexican titan
11-06-13, 07:38 PM
Ryan James for mine.

Ryan James for me too. In fact he is lucky to be on the bench in the first place.

Chaos
11-06-13, 10:08 PM
I'm a big fan of filling the bench with props so I'd have James and Douglas.
Taylor picks himself and I think Ridge has established himself as an important player in the side.

I also think Strama is an 80 minute player and rather use the bench spot and the 2 interchanges (needed for a hooker rotation} to dominate in the forwards.

Going with the 2 hooker rotation will sacrifice either a prop or Ridge.
Irwin doesn't need to go up against Luke at this stage of his career.

Titanic
11-06-13, 11:20 PM
Chaos is right ... this is the game for matching size with size and James needs to really work out that he is an emerging football player and not a star yet ... he is way off being a Fifita, Woods or Papali. He doesn't need to prove himself against the Burgess brothers, he just needs to do the job he's paid to do.

Smakked
12-06-13, 03:27 AM
Chaos is right ... this is the game for matching size with size and James needs to really work out that he is an emerging football player and not a star yet ... he is way off being a Fifita, Woods or Papali. He doesn't need to prove himself against the Burgess brothers, he just needs to do the job he's paid to do.

I agree titanic, i think he thinks he is a star already , believes his own hype maybe? Seems a Gen Y thing these days.
You have to prove your are a solid performer every game and put in everygame, just do your Job you are asked to do on the field and the rest will follow.

I Agree with Chaos aswell , we need a big bench for this game and try and match it with them.

Toads
12-06-13, 05:32 AM
Ahh well, If Ryan does make the team this week. Don't be too surprised if he slows the game up 'n enjoys the limelight whenever he has the pill..

This might be a good week for a short back 'n sides haircut, and give up on the Glam Rock hairstyle, and realise what his job is on the paddock. Harsh comment I know, but I'm quietly confident he wouldn't suffer the same fate as Samson, if he dropped his locks.. ;)

Mr Stupid
12-06-13, 07:24 AM
"this is the game for matching size with size"

Possibly Titanic, but isn't there also a case for not trying to beat them at their own game (very difficult) but to beat them in speed from the ruck. With Srama and Irwin rotating and tiring out their big boppers.

Supergoose
12-06-13, 09:39 AM
I know why there is a chorus forming for the exclusion of James, but I can't quite believe it. He has been tremendous in most games for us, but has got carried away from time-to-time. Luke Douglas is the man to miss for mine if Ridge is included. He is really just more of the same, while James is a presence and will ruffle the Burgess boys feathers.

TITAN PETE
12-06-13, 10:00 AM
Don't change what ain't Broke :nope:

Toads
12-06-13, 10:03 AM
I know it all sounds negative to what I've posted about Ryan in this thread. But believe it or not, I do think he's a real asset to us.

It's just lately, it appears he's lost his way a little, and is still a bit ill-disciplined. If he can turn that around and get his form back on track. I'd highly doubt you'd find anyone having a go at him. I for one admire the mongrel in him, it's just that he needs to put it to good use to improve his current form, and get on with the game. :)

EDIT: I guess me using the word 'form' isn't quite correct. Because I'd imagine his stats on average have been pretty good of late. I mean to say, he seems to be easily distracted from the task at hand, when he's not happy about something. If he continues down that path, the opposition will learn to play on that 'n rattle him, and probably end up giving away more penalties for it. He's got one of the best mentors on the paddock with him. If he could learn/emulate what Bails does, he'd ****in' nail it. ;)

Titanic
12-06-13, 11:48 AM
Size for size isn't about playing their game ... our forward back is mobile but so much bulk so a grassing tackler like Irwin is not going to hold the behemoths of Souths so we should select what we can to hold those forwards and let Kelly and the backs do what they do best. Is Idris on Inglis?

Hail Sezer
12-06-13, 11:52 AM
u20s game will be televised this weekend too.

Matty Russell named at left centre in his return from injury.

Geeman
12-06-13, 04:07 PM
I do rate James, and we do need a bit of mongrel, I'm just saying he needs to keep it in check. Trying to milk penalties that aren't there, and giving away silly penalties around the ruck don't help his cause either.

teke
12-06-13, 05:59 PM
His main problem is that he cant do multiple tackles one and after another, opposition burns him out easy.

Coaster
12-06-13, 06:44 PM
I would give James a broken bottle to run on with, if i had my way.

BTW you can not bench Douglas and break a record that he will break this year.

Titanic
12-06-13, 06:47 PM
I would go further and start with this pack:

Bailey/Srama/Douglas
Taylor/Myles
Bird

Chaos
12-06-13, 08:25 PM
His main problem is that he cant do multiple tackles one and after another, opposition burns him out easy.

Rotate the big guys...not the little guys

hatchy84
12-06-13, 08:59 PM
I would give James a broken bottle to run on with, if i had my way.

BTW you can not bench Douglas and break a record that he will break this year.

Could you imagine the uproar if the worlds greatest coach dropped him lol

CoastSportsFan
13-06-13, 02:00 PM
Anyone else think Dave Taylor will be fired up to take on his old mob? I reckon he'll put in a big one because he wants a spot on the origin team.

TITAN PETE
13-06-13, 02:36 PM
Giant Souths pack a worry for NRL's Titans
By Ed Jackson
AAP
Thu 13th June, 1:56pm

Titans forward Ashley Harrison is in serious doubt to play against the Eels
It might not take Greg Bird in high heels as Nate Myles suggested, but Gold Coast know they need something special to bring down South Sydney's imposing forward pack this weekend.

An unusual choice of footwear for his NRL club co-captain was Myles's tongue-in-cheek suggestion when he was asked how the Titans could match the Rabbitohs' height up front in Sunday's NRL clash in Cairns.

But jokes aside, Myles is only too aware of the challenge facing the Titans in his hometown against the ladder-leading Bunnies.

"They're a fantastic side, not only are they big but they're very mobile," Myles said on Thursday.

"We're going to have our work cut out for us."

What the Titans lack in size they'll make up with experience against Souths with Myles, Bird and fellow State of Origin representative Ashley Harrison coming back to bolster their pack for Sunday's match.

Their return means Dave Taylor must start from the bench against his former club.

But the giant back-rower's form in his last outing against North Queensland is sure to have him playing a key role in nullifying the impact of his ex-teammates.

Harrison, who says bone bruising in his knee isn't causing him enough discomfort to affect his form, was relishing the chance to take on a top-level team ahead of the second Origin clash in Brisbane on June 26.

"It's going to be a real tight, hard game. Pretty similar to Origin I'd suspect," he said.

Harrison is also a former South Sydney player and he says coach Michael Maguire has brought consistency to a team which has always possessed talent.

"All the indications are they've been dominating most forward packs this year so it's going to be a really good test for us," he said.

The Titans head to Cairns on Friday and will monitor the fitness of veteran Luke Bailey, who missed training on Thursday with a hip complaint.

Supergoose
13-06-13, 09:59 PM
Get Bailey a Zimmer frame, we need him out there

shamus
14-06-13, 05:17 AM
On my way to the airport...yee hah! :thumbsup:

TITAN PETE
14-06-13, 06:04 AM

Have fun mate :drinkies:

DIEHARD
14-06-13, 08:14 AM

Good luck Shamus! Great to know we have a few headed up. Get some pics for us and the good word.

Hope you guys can share a beer or two.

Im fired up!

shamus
14-06-13, 11:08 AM
Got the hire car but had to go back to reception to ask how to start the mother🚗. Bloody keyless and I had no idea. P.S. it is 30% up here according to the car.

Mr Stupid
14-06-13, 12:01 PM
Got the hire car but had to go back to reception to ask how to start the mother��. Bloody keyless and I had no idea. P.S. it is 30% up here according to the car.

No wonder you couldn't start the car if it shows the temperature as a percentage...sounds like a lemon. :doh:

DavidBouveng
14-06-13, 01:16 PM
you there shamus? im packing my kit now and am catching the late flight from Brissy, as the missus has been in melbourne this week.

Getting pretty excited and am going to wear my titans gear around town all weekend!

shamus
14-06-13, 01:38 PM
No wonder you couldn't start the car if it shows the temperature as a percentage...sounds like a lemon. :doh:

Used my phone which I don't normally do so struggled a bit to type what I wanted.

you there shamus? im packing my kit now and am catching the late flight from Brissy, as the missus has been in melbourne this week.

Getting pretty excited and am going to wear my titans gear around town all weekend!

Wore my Titans polo up here and am now at the motel wearing a Titans singlet as it really is close to 30 degrees (is that better BT?)

Might go and have a game of golf...ho hum. Wouldn't be dead for quids!

DavidBouveng
14-06-13, 02:13 PM
Wouldn't be dead for quids!

i believe that was Justin Langers favourite saying as he walked out to open the batting for Test matches.

And i am going to keep that mindset for this weekend. a nice tropical 30 degrees by the pool, titans games, plus whatever comes along.

havent been this relaxed and looking forward to a weekend in a very long time

Hail Sezer
14-06-13, 02:42 PM
Wouldn't be dead for quids!

i believe that was Justin Langers favourite saying as he walked out to open the batting for Test matches.

And i am going to keep that mindset for this weekend. a nice tropical 30 degrees by the pool, titans games, plus whatever comes along.

havent been this relaxed and looking forward to a weekend in a very long time

Good on ya man, soak it up!

So jealous of you lot going to the game, Cairns looks nice as.

C-Whiz
14-06-13, 02:43 PM

Have a great weekend boys. :thumbsup:

DavidBouveng
14-06-13, 03:05 PM
Have a great weekend boys. :thumbsup:

Cheers mate, wish you could come.

next time theres a good away game, we will make a golf and footy weekend out of it.

My Dad already has a bucket of Pear Rekorderlig waiting..

shamus
14-06-13, 05:58 PM
Local news are calling this match the 'Rumble of the Reef'..

Some Rabbit supporter twot said Rabbits by 40...

I am feeling confident. Not sure what we are paying but I will back us plus a Multi Bet is in order me thinks...

Toads
14-06-13, 06:14 PM
Local news are calling this match the 'Rumble of the Reef'..

Some Rabbit supporter twot said Rabbits by 40...

I am feeling confident. Not sure what we are paying but I will back us plus a Multi Bet is in order me thinks...

I think I seen $5.40 somewhere last night..

EDIT: $3.65 for the win at sporting bet.

Titanic
14-06-13, 06:39 PM
Used my phone which I don't normally do
Never use mine either ... smoke signals still work ... leave some beer for me, I'll be there in two weeks.

Tamwelg
14-06-13, 08:34 PM
Win this game and we are top 4.

shamus
15-06-13, 06:59 AM
Never use mine either ... smoke signals still work ...

Yeah, what happened to the days when you used a phone to make/take a phone call?

leave some beer for me, I'll be there in two weeks.

Your timing is lousy! :doh:

DavidBouveng
15-06-13, 09:13 AM
From getting in cab at airport to visiting the local pet store, I've been copping it for my titans shirt... Strong rabbits support so far

teke
15-06-13, 09:45 AM
From getting in cab at airport to visiting the local pet store, I've been copping it for my titans shirt... Strong rabbits support so farYou sure it was the shirt?

Titanic
15-06-13, 10:04 AM
Your timing is lousy! :doh:
You been talking to my wife?

Hail Sezer
15-06-13, 02:03 PM
NYC team leading 16-12

Hail Sezer
15-06-13, 02:18 PM
34-16 to souths now.

Well, that escalated quickly.

Hail Sezer
15-06-13, 02:36 PM
Full time Souths win 40-26

DavidBouveng
15-06-13, 05:50 PM
My old man has a spare ticket tomorrow.

If anyone is up for that game and hasn't bought tickets yet,or needs one, let me know through here, or PM me.

TITAN PETE
15-06-13, 10:08 PM
Sezar u will incur a month Ban if any of your predictions came true

Hail Sezer
15-06-13, 10:36 PM
Sezar u will incur a month Ban if any of your predictions came true

Come at me.

Haha mate those were the scores from the NYC game i was posting! pls don't bannish me

TITAN PETE
16-06-13, 03:47 AM
Come at me.

Haha mate those were the scores from the NYC game i was posting! pls don't bannish me

I thought u had a crystal ball :laugh: , or because u are ahead of us in time u had already watched the match :surprise:

Julius Sezer
16-06-13, 09:01 AM
LOL i like how they talked up our attacking structure

Plays To Watch: The Titans love a set play and they produced two mightily impressive ones on their left against Parramatta three weeks ago that are worth watching for. The first was a double second-man play followed by a short ball to the centre charging straight ahead. The second began with a second-man play but then fooled the opposition with an old-fashioned runaround to produce the overlap and send Brad Takairangi over for a try untouched. Keep an eye on the Gold Coast when they set themselves in attack

"Titans love a set play". I think Carty has a lot to do with that :laugh:

shamus
16-06-13, 09:17 AM
A cool overcast day today. Supposed to get to 27 but I don't think it will. Currently 22 with a cool breeze so those hoping for a humid day to help drain the Burgess boys may need to conjure a little magic. :ugh:

DavidBouveng
16-06-13, 11:59 AM
Just got here, good crowd so far.

I was thinking like shamus said, hoping for heat to help limit the brothers burgess...

Also, being on a suburban ground, the players look bigger and it looks more personal and intimidating than the view from a larger stadium.

gothabull
16-06-13, 12:06 PM
Wish I was there sounds like its gonna be fantastic db

thelwall
16-06-13, 12:16 PM
mini out taylor to start

titanfan1980
16-06-13, 01:12 PM
Zillman hospital pass to taka

DIEHARD
16-06-13, 01:12 PM
ok I'm tuned in. Just remembers it was on at 2!

DIEHARD
16-06-13, 01:13 PM
Great to see Rugby League in Cairns! Healthy crowd!

Titanic
16-06-13, 01:16 PM
Tackling machine Harrison becomes viewing machine.

Hail Sezer
16-06-13, 01:17 PM
Ffs Harro don't just stand there

Hail Sezer
16-06-13, 01:19 PM
Solid pass TP.

Shame it went 2m forward to the opposition.

titanfan1980
16-06-13, 01:19 PM
Come on zilly!!

Titanic
16-06-13, 01:22 PM
we look a class below these blokes at the moment

titanfan1980
16-06-13, 01:24 PM
Hahaha zillman that's why we are looking for another fullback.. 0 from 3..

Hail Sezer
16-06-13, 01:24 PM
Zillman drops the ****ing ball again

Julius Sezer
16-06-13, 01:26 PM
how many times has Zillman lost the ball?

Julius Sezer
16-06-13, 01:27 PM
try saver from Zillman

Julius Sezer
16-06-13, 01:28 PM
How did Souths score their first try? I missed it

Julius Sezer
16-06-13, 01:31 PM
What a F****** TRY!!! Sezer you beauty! Kelly what a pass to Taylor before that.

Hail Sezer
16-06-13, 01:31 PM
Sick try. Good instinctive play from Sezer. Wonderful put down from flash.

Titanic
16-06-13, 01:33 PM
great try ... better kick

Hail Sezer
16-06-13, 01:35 PM
Alby!!!!!!!!!

Julius Sezer
16-06-13, 01:35 PM
Wooohooooo this is fantastic!!!!! Greg Bird great stuff. Kelly you beauty!!

Julius Sezer
16-06-13, 01:36 PM
Sezer continues his conversion kicking streak

Julius Sezer
16-06-13, 01:38 PM
looking good so far

Julius Sezer
16-06-13, 01:39 PM
aah crap....

gotitans101_
16-06-13, 01:40 PM
Is Zillman playing?

titanfan1980
Umm where was the cover on the grubber? And if we keep throwing it around we can beat them.. Where confusing them

titanfan1980
Is Zillman playing?

Exactly.. Grubber goes through and I couldn't even see him

DIEHARD
16-06-13, 01:42 PM
How did Kelly catch that ball?! He is spider man!

gotitans101_
Oh there he is.

DIEHARD
Wow who put Zillman through that hole?! Massive try for us here!

Ah it was Sezer.

titanfan1980
I'll eat humble pie all day if you keep doing they zilly!

Julius Sezer
16-06-13, 01:43 PM
Zillman makes it up with a try!! Zlater runs rings around GI. Great stuff!!

DIEHARD
16-06-13, 01:43 PM
Was it Bird? Or Sezer?

Julius Sezer
16-06-13, 01:44 PM
Was it Bird? Or Sezer?

Bird

Hail Sezer
16-06-13, 01:45 PM
Good try Zilly!

James looks so different

Julius Sezer
16-06-13, 01:45 PM
In that set the backs were taking the hit ups. It lead to a try. We should try that more often.

WTF James didn't drop that!

Hail Sezer
16-06-13, 01:46 PM
Great play from Bird there

DIEHARD
16-06-13, 01:47 PM
Wow great take by Greg and managed to get it into the field of play!

Julius Sezer
16-06-13, 01:48 PM
What a chip kick. Great stuff James.

Jamal and Taylor on the same side are a lethal combo.

DIEHARD
16-06-13, 01:49 PM
That was a spectacular try from Souths!

Julius Sezer
16-06-13, 01:49 PM
AHHHHH F***

Hail Sezer
16-06-13, 01:50 PM
wowzers....

Julius Sezer
16-06-13, 01:50 PM
This is a cracker of a match

lonegull
16-06-13, 01:51 PM
This is a cracker of a match

Agree, really like semi final football

gotitans101_
16-06-13, 01:53 PM
We're proving we can match it with the best, finally. Just hope we don't die in the a$$ in the second half.

Titanic
16-06-13, 01:54 PM
Burgess Sam should be hooked ... less greed and they would have had us ... good fightback and our edge running is much better than theirs.

gothabull
16-06-13, 01:56 PM
Five us some penalty a u pink ****y refs

Toads
16-06-13, 01:57 PM
Gotta give credit where credit is due. That was a great tackle on Sam Burgess by TP, to pull up big Sammy before the line. And TP's try wasn't too bad either.

Matty Srama seems to getting some good metres today too. :)

Julius Sezer
16-06-13, 02:03 PM
I'm glad we are matching it with them. There have aspects of our game that have looked better than theirs which is good since they are the benchmark of the comp. Our attack has been impressive. Its been a real team effort.

Hail Sezer
16-06-13, 02:07 PM
Ok Zillman look, you can't back up tries like that with another ****ing dropped ball. That's 4 times.

Julius Sezer
16-06-13, 02:08 PM
Stop dropping the f******* dropping the ball Zlater

Titanic
16-06-13, 02:15 PM
too many turn overs now

Hail Sezer
16-06-13, 02:17 PM
Are we trying to make them score? wtf is going on

Toads
16-06-13, 02:19 PM
Nothing against Irwin, but I think we need Srama back on the paddock to change the momentum.

Hail Sezer
16-06-13, 02:20 PM
this is sloppy

Titanic
16-06-13, 02:21 PM
can't help myself ... Tomkins NOW!

Hail Sezer
16-06-13, 02:22 PM
This is the most frustrating thing we've had to spectate this year

Hail Sezer
16-06-13, 02:23 PM
0/6 completions this half

Toads
16-06-13, 02:24 PM
Aiden might wanna spend the week with Gilly. :p

teke
16-06-13, 02:25 PM
This is the most frustrating thing we've had to spectate this year:laugh:

Oh how your memory eludes u

titanfan1980
16-06-13, 02:27 PM
Myles to hands on ball penaltys! Come on 0/6 completions?? Quote from step brothers.. "What the f**k happened!!"

Titanic
16-06-13, 02:29 PM
great work Idris, Don and Kelly ... good try

Hail Sezer
16-06-13, 02:29 PM
Alby in again!

titanfan1980
16-06-13, 02:30 PM
Wow complete 2 sets we score.. All we gotta do is hold the ball.. Time to put James or dougie on for bailey

Titanic
16-06-13, 02:30 PM
We just need to hold the ball and tackle ... lol that's the game isn't it?

Toads
16-06-13, 02:32 PM
Srama comes back on the paddock 'n our fortune changes. :)

titanfan1980
16-06-13, 02:32 PM
Why birdy???????

titanfan1980
16-06-13, 02:35 PM
Do my eyes deceive me? Or did zillman drop it again

Hail Sezer
16-06-13, 02:36 PM
Great entertainment

Hail Sezer
16-06-13, 02:36 PM
Do my eyes deceive me? Or did zillman drop it again

your eyes are fine

titanfan1980
16-06-13, 02:41 PM
Nate myles literally just walked that ball up with 7 minutes to go.. Put some one else on!!

Hail Sezer
16-06-13, 02:45 PM
Good effort Alby.

titanfan1980
16-06-13, 02:48 PM
That lost all comes down from the 0/6 start at the first half

teke
16-06-13, 02:49 PM
Better attack by the boys and they could have won it easy.

Toads
16-06-13, 02:50 PM
Pretty scrappy game, with the odd moment of brilliance. Just glad they didn't streak away from us 'n keep the for 'n against points in order. Could come in handy later in the year. :)

Hail Sezer
16-06-13, 02:51 PM
Good effort by the team. Didn't nab the win, but showed that we had the ability to do so.

Alby, take a pat on the back. Absolutely superb IMO.

Titanic
16-06-13, 02:53 PM
anybody like to argue that Kelly isn't worth his up-grade?

I am really proud of our team today ... if they play that style of footy each week I would be more that happy ... you can't win em all but you can have a good go. Myles is being asked too much up front, imho.

titanfan1980
16-06-13, 02:53 PM
When Albert made the break it was good to see zillman back him up :|

Toads
16-06-13, 02:58 PM
anybody like to argue that Kelly isn't worth his up-grade?

I am really proud of our team today ... if they play that style of footy each week I would be more that happy ... you can't win em all but you can have a good go. Myles is being asked too much up front, imho.

I don't think anyone doubted he was worth the upgrade. It was more of the case of how it was handled by his manager (if true). Fair enough, that's a manager's job. But he shouldn't have overlooked what the Titans done for Alby to resurrect his career, when everyone else had the door closed on him just six months back.

Remember that word "Loyalty"? :p

Titanic
16-06-13, 03:04 PM
Yes I do but I also remember 8 track stereos and the unlimited tackle rule ... half and 5/8 are two positions where we should never gamble.

Toads
16-06-13, 03:05 PM
LOL fair call, Mate. :)

Tamwelg
16-06-13, 03:07 PM
Good effort by the team. Didn't nab the win, but showed that we had the ability to do so.

Alby, take a pat on the back. Absolutely superb IMO.

I rarely enjoy watching a loss, but that was very entertaining. Lots of errors from both sides and the game could have went either way. Tonight we showed we deserve to be in the top 8.

Albert Kelly just keeps getting better. He and Idris forming a very dangerous combination on the right. Can't wait for Mead to be back one that side with them, even though Don is doing job.

Zilly's timing was off and made a few errors then disappeared. Yes he has been great last few weeks, but showed why we are talking about Tomkins Barba etc

There was no defending some of their trys, but I thought our left side defence was a bit disjointed tonight.

hammer
16-06-13, 03:11 PM
Agree with everything said so far...post match!

Are we seeing a more disciplined Dave Taylor? I thought he played well apart from one offload on our own line.

Toads
16-06-13, 03:19 PM
For Birdy's sake. I hope his pills are feelin' a lil better. That was one hell of a nut shot on him.. :laugh:

teke
16-06-13, 03:43 PM
I rarely enjoy watching a loss, but that was very entertaining. Lots of errors from both sides and the game could have went either way. Tonight we showed we deserve to be in the top 8.

Albert Kelly just keeps getting better. He and Idris forming a very dangerous combination on the right. Can't wait for Mead to be back one that side with them, even though Don is doing job.

Zilly's timing was off and made a few errors then disappeared. Yes he has been great last few weeks, but showed why we are talking about Tomkins Barba etc

There was no defending some of their trys, but I thought our left side defence was a bit disjointed tonight.mead might not be back for a month yet, Dons form is above Kevs

Titan Fanatic
16-06-13, 03:44 PM
I thought everyone was excellent except for myles, zillman, James and Harrison. As others have said I don't mind loosing if we play well and except for the first 20 of the second half it's prob the best I've ever seen them play

Hail Sezer
16-06-13, 03:55 PM
Ridge made a good impact when he came on

Julius Sezer
16-06-13, 04:12 PM
Could've snatched a victory at the end. But happy with the performance overall. Hopefully we can topple the Storms next week since they will be without their origin stars.

Titanic
16-06-13, 04:14 PM
DO we need two hookers and if so how far off is Falloon? I thought Irwin was just not quite up to it ... he tries hard but. James is turning into a plodder. Zillman and Gordon are both diamonds and rocks.

shamus
16-06-13, 04:29 PM
That overhead pass from Inglis to Asotasi was forward. But no matter....You get one of them every game, some go for you and some against...We proved we can hold our own with the top teams. Better ball control would have got us the win.

DavidBouveng
16-06-13, 04:35 PM
Ywe scored 4 tries against a top side and went real close on a number of times despite our attack timing looking slightly off

We are changed team and deserve to be top 8, a loss today though, regardless of satisfaction puts us in a four way jam on 16 points. Need to make sure we beat the teams we should beat fr here on our and jag a win or two against the top sides along the way.

A great day at the footy!

gotitans101_
Ryan James needs to go back to QCUP for a while to find some form, he is a passenger out there and has been for the past month or so. Give Ioane another shot imo.

Other than that I think we proved today that we're a top 8 side.

Mexican titan
Agree with the general sentiment. A good loss if there is such a thing. I tend to give it to Ryan James every week and he did nothing today to change my mind. He was ripped off though when they ruled he lost the ball when he was about to play it. I thought Taylor and Kelly were first class and overall we had 16 good efforts.

Titanic
16-06-13, 04:48 PM
Maybe his hair was tied too tight.

karnage
16-06-13, 04:57 PM
That was just about the best performance we have put up all year. If we attacked like that against the Cowboys or Eels in our past two games we would have put up 50.

24 points will win us the vast majority of our games.

Really enjoyed the whole 80 minutes and looking forward to racking up another two points at home in a fortnight.

hatchy84
16-06-13, 05:24 PM
We are competitive bout time woooo agree James had nothing,birdy was on a mission with George. Harrison is a bit off Myles tackled his ass off I would love to see ridge and mini over harrison. alby and Jamal ****ing awesome zillman to many mistakes and back to normal overall I'm happy we got the world at our feet.

Julius Sezer
16-06-13, 05:31 PM
James to QLD Cup. Ioane should be in the team.

teke
16-06-13, 05:51 PM
I watched the game with a few titans and got a little insight into what the coach tells the side and what was actually done in the game. Some of the boys arnt doing what they are told and in some cases it's crucial for the game.

This team isn't far off some very good form

Geeman
16-06-13, 06:09 PM
Great effort overall, again most of you covered the Zilly/James/Harro sentiments.
The biggest thing I noticed was Souths play-of-the-ball was a lot faster than ours, and that seemed the only reason they were getting good metres on us. James, Myles, Harro and Bailey just seemed so much slower.

DavidBouveng
16-06-13, 06:15 PM
I thought baileys first stint he was man handled a bit, but came back ok.

Kelly is great, and thing about some of his line breaks is that he just keeps wriggling and squirming and can pop through the other side alot. Never gives in until he's on the ground.

We saw the good and bad of zillman, but we only used to see the bad, there is more and more to like about what he is doing.

Taylor is showing a bit more controlled aggression and some of our forwards could look to him to learn how hard you should run when making a hit up.

Sezers goal kicking was a pleasure to watch on a windy day. 3 or the 4 were from the absolute sideline.

Enjoyable efforts all round and I could walk out of the 96% rabbit crowd with head held high.

titanfan1980
16-06-13, 07:58 PM
We should just let Ryan James go to another club.. Geez he dropped one ball.. Which he didn't even do.. He was the only one who chased albys chip.. He got 25 minutes?? Myles was way worse IMO James had 3 runs 15 tackles in 15 mins.. Myles had 8 hitups and played what 65 mins? Our 2 worst players today were our 2 qld origin players maybe if the kid got more then 10 mins each side of half time he'd go better.. I'd laugh if he left us played for someone else and destroyed us..

Hail Sezer
16-06-13, 08:48 PM
http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2013/06/16/1226664/636523-inglis-stops-kelly.gif