PDA

View Full Version : Titans: Should we recognise ALL Gold Coast players on the jersey?

DeeGan
14-02-06, 12:22 PM
Titans: Should we recognise ALL Gold Coast players on the jersey?

Michael has come out to tell us that the Cold Coast records will be intergrated which I am all for - should we take it a step further and assign past and current Gold Coast players with numbers as per the Sydney Roosters have done just recently?

I think it is a great idea that first took off with the Australian cricket team e.g. Shane Warne is the 350th Australian test player

Thoughts?

More on the Roosters can be read here (http://www.titans.com.au/forum/showthread.php?p=33178#post33178)

Titanium_BD1103
14-02-06, 12:41 PM
I reckon that for once.. The Roosters have found a good idea and used it.. :laugh:

This is a great idea and one I reckon every team should do.. that way every player can have that feeling of being a part of that special clan and it increase club spirit... :)

I reckon it would be great if GC did this.. I would love to see that on their jerseys.. :D

DeeGan
14-02-06, 12:43 PM
I think so - the Gold Coast Old Boys Club would have their own jersey as well and it bridges the gap for past and present players.

I have forwarded the idea as request to the Titans management team, let's see what comes of it. We can only ask, I think this is something unique to the players who can own their own piece of history not available to the public.

Dakink
14-02-06, 12:49 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me as it enhances the feeling of belonging to the club when playing for it - and allows fans to embrace the history as well as the future.

Eel 33
14-02-06, 05:13 PM
Good idea. There may have been previous teams on the coast that failed, but they shouldn't be forgotten. Lets get it happening.

DIEHARD
14-02-06, 05:36 PM
I'm all for the introduction of it, Im a big supporter of it with the Maroons and Kangaroos.

Where it begins is the question. Do you start at #1 or include the Gold Coast players from other previous clubs?

I'd be happy to include them, it is just the decision of the Titans to what extent they want to integrate records.

I'm all for going the whole hog.

I reckon that for once.. The Roosters have found a good idea and used it.. :laugh:

Yea they certainly found it. :laugh:

DeeGan
14-02-06, 11:28 PM
I'd be happy to include them, it is just the decision of the Titans to what extent they want to integrate records.

My proposal/idea was starting all the way back to 1988 ;) No point in going half assed with the whole idea :)

Steve Dangerous
15-02-06, 12:03 AM
i like doing it for the cricket team, but with a club team so many players get a run it mightn't have the same effect.

and for the record i'm not really for the idea of merging past gold coast stats. i like the idea of a fresh start, not associated with past failures. that's just my line of thinking on it.