PDA

View Full Version : Skilled dropping naming rights for Stadium?

Sydney Titans Fanatic
08-05-13, 08:40 PM
Hey guys.

Just saw on SeaFM Facebook page:
So our mates at the Gold Coast Titans are looking for a new sponsor for their home ground, who else would 'like' to see this? I know we would -Madigan & JK

Does this mean skilled have dropped their naming rights for Robina Stadium?

Sydney Titans Fanatic
08-05-13, 08:50 PM
DW found it:)

New sponsor sought for Robina stadium

SKILLED Park will soon be no more as Stadiums Queensland today begins a nationwide search for a new naming rights sponsor for the Robina ground.

The Bulletin can reveal Skilled Group has chosen to end its seven-year relationship with the Titans home ground after signing on as the inaugural sponsor in 2006.

While a nationwide campaign advertising for a new sponsor will begin today, Stadiums Queensland will also approach potential sponsors it believes are a good fit for the 27,400-seat rectangular facility.

Stadiums Queensland marketing and business development general manager Jaimie Robertson yesterday declined to name the companies being targeted, but said the stadium would suit a naming rights sponsor in the tourism, transport, travel or construction industries.

Mr Robertson said the financial arrangements surrounding the deal would be negotiated with potential sponsors, but said Stadiums Queensland would make it clear its preference was a minimum five-year term for any new deal.

The Bulletin understands Skilled Group pays about $800,000 a year to sponsor the Robina stadium, which hosts the Titans, Rugby Sevens, the occasional rugby union test match and niche events such as the recently staged Nitro Circus.

Stadiums in major cities used more frequently attract higher sponsorship dollars -- Suncorp pays about $2.5 million a year to sponsor Suncorp Stadium and ANZ pays about $3 million a year for ANZ Stadium in Sydney.

Townsville's stadium recently underwent a name change from Dairy Farmers Stadium to 1300SMILES Stadium. The price is rumoured to be $200,000 a year for the five-year deal.

Mr Robertson said he was confident a new naming rights sponsor would be found at Robina before the start of the 2014 NRL season.

"The Gold Coast is a good environment. It is a tourism hub and obviously it has a high population density," he said.

"Any money we get through the sponsorship is good for the venue, so obviously the higher the better."

Bond University marketing expert Stephen Holden said the price of the new deal would be guided by the new sponsor.

"Whatever the price, you can guarantee the sponsor will be weighing it up against what they are going to get out of it," he said.

"It will give (the sponsor) national exposure so some companies will see it as ideal."

Skilled Group's chief sales and marketing officer John Watkinson said the company was proud of its long association with the Robina stadium.

Steve
08-05-13, 11:02 PM
If I had a spare few mil i'd chip in and name it after my favourite ever Titan.

Preston Park. :D

Well, that or God-King Steve's Stadium of Light.

DIEHARD
09-05-13, 01:05 AM
This has been coming for a while. Let's hope it isn't something ridiculous like 1300 Smiles Stadium!

Titanic
09-05-13, 09:23 AM
Fortunately it's not our problem so let's not worry about it at all.

DIEHARD
09-05-13, 12:24 PM
Fortunately it's not our problem so let's not worry about it at all.

I certainly worry about it if its something ridiculous. :)

Titanic
09-05-13, 03:30 PM
I certainly worry about it if its something ridiculous. :)
Like Linkin or Luna or Ji Sung?

DavidBouveng
09-05-13, 04:32 PM

Or TU?

Geeman
09-05-13, 05:19 PM

If it became Linkin Park, I reckon it would help with the team song everyone is asking for... :banana:

thelwall
09-05-13, 07:05 PM
call it emirates stadium and ill be in heaven :)

DIEHARD
09-05-13, 08:04 PM

LOL you are swearing at me in another language arent ya?

DIEHARD
09-05-13, 08:11 PM
So generally, we should start calling it Robina? Now that our inaugural ground sponsor is moving on. Robina Stadium? How many people call Suncorp Stadium, Lang Park. ABC radio call it Robina Stadium?

Fortunately David May has got the club on a healthy keel. Which should make stadum sponsorship more attractive, considering we are the sole tennant.

Sydney Titans Fanatic
09-05-13, 08:50 PM
Its like anz stadium in sydney. the cricket call it stadium australia and so do the soccer

skilled is robina stadium according to wiki

RichOs69
11-05-13, 11:42 AM
just another thing to tick me off...
If stadiums australia are getting that kind of sponsorship money, then why do they need to charge $70 dollars a seat to sit in the sun...then charge us $10 for a cup of chips...then charge us $8 for a light beer in a plastic cup and have the hide to charge us extra for a carry tray (cost of tray would be less than 1c when bought in the quantities that they have them)...why cant the NRL get serious and have some descent buisness acumen and actual run the leauge in a way that would further the NRL brand instead of forcing us to watch from home by making it a 'rich' mans spectator sport instead of the working class game that it has always been...let the snoots sip there latte on their yachts and let the everyday aussies enjoy there sport

DIEHARD
11-05-13, 06:39 PM
I'm with ya mate. David Smith has mentioned "stadium policy" as a key project for the ARL. I hope that will mean good news for RL fans.

shamus
28-07-13, 11:13 AM
New Robina Stadium sponsor found!

Naming rights have gone to 'Steel City Cutlery'. Distributors of fine Sheffield Cutlery.

The new name for the Stadium (not dissimilar to Cowboys 1300 SMILES) is 1300 SPOON. :gossip:

Titanic
28-07-13, 12:25 PM
Shamus, you are a cheeky man ... should be 1300 Penalties or 1300 Dropsies

Hail Sezer
28-07-13, 12:48 PM
1300 Excuses

teke
28-07-13, 01:11 PM
1300 Excuses:laugh::laugh:

shamus
28-07-13, 01:41 PM
1300 Excuses

Much better...

Titanic
28-07-13, 06:51 PM
Much better...
+1

DIEHARD
28-07-13, 06:52 PM
LOL I believed Shamus haha

thelwall
29-07-13, 09:09 PM
titanic ?? cause we are sinking ?

Titanic
29-07-13, 09:13 PM
titanic ?? cause we are sinking ?
Adjective originally, then it described my first girlfriend "been down on everything accept the ...." but never dreamed that I would have to offer my name to Searle.

Hail Sezer
29-07-13, 09:30 PM
Adjective originally, then it described my first girlfriend "been down on everything accept the ...." but never dreamed that I would have to offer my name to Searle.

Omg a spelling mistake from Titanic. No. I refuse to believe it. This is not real life.

lold at the name origin though hahaha

Titanic
29-07-13, 09:54 PM
Gee HS, you're a hard marker :) but you're right, along with my memory, many of my skills are waning ... all except the one that matters ... or is that just another memory fail?

dreamed (North American English) past participle, past tense of dream (Verb)
Verb
Experience dreams during sleep: "I dreamed about her last night as proven by the residue this morning".
See, hear, or feel (something) in a dream: "Cartwright hasn't resigned maybe you dreamed it".

thelwall
29-07-13, 11:04 PM
man you guys are way to grammatically correct for me aha

Titanic
30-07-13, 01:13 AM
lol ... you know I always thought my life was boring and then I met a bloke who has a PhD in Agricultural Science and after further questioning found that his thesis was on watching grass grow ... that really took the cake until I watched Cartwright's game plan ... and what's worse I keep watching it ... suddenly grammar has all the excitement of looking through the cheerleaders dressing room window..