PDA

View Full Version : Read this.....

The Mole
05-05-13, 02:20 PM
Zilly back to his best

Travis Meyn | 09:51am May 2, 2013

Titans powerhouse Will Zillman back to his best. Pic: Kate Czerny

TITANS vice-captain William Zillman has emerged as one of the most explosive fullbacks in the NRL with his scintillating start to 2013 rivalling that of Test custodian Billy Slater.

Zillman has bolted out of the blocks to sit second in the competition for line breaks (8) with Storm supremo Slater and becoming an integral part of the Gold Coast's new-look attack.

Statistics obtained by the Bulletin show Zillman can now be ranked among the code's top custodians with the 26-year-old's numbers stacking up against the likes of Greg Inglis, Brett Stewart, Ben Barba and Slater.

Dual international Mat Rogers, now an attacking assistant coach at the Titans, said Zillman being granted more responsibility this season had been the catalyst behind his blistering form.

"I see a different confidence in Zilly this year given that leadership he now has," Rogers said.

"He carries himself differently, not in an arrogant way but they know he's a leader among men. He leads by example.

"He's a freak of a talent. From the day I started training and playing with him, his attention to detail is phenomenal.

"He never really takes his foot off the gas, whether it's off-season, pre-season or in-season.

"He's a true footballer. He lives and breathes it and deserves his leadership role.

"When he actually gets the captaincy (during the Origin series) he'll live up to his nickname as the Total Package."

Zillman and Slater have been registering similar figures this year in most key attacking areas.

The Queensland incumbent is still the king of fullbacks with his ball-playing and try-scoring ability ranking him above all others.

But Zillman, who has played 121 NRL matches, has found an elusive streak in his game, boasting the most tackle busts (31) of any Titan and running for an average of 122m a game.

The only downside is he is yet to score a try this year while Slater (5) and Inglis (4) are genuine point-scorers.

Titans coach John Cartwright said Zillman had overcome a nagging back injury and was benefiting from an injury-free pre-season.

"He hasn't played a hell of a lot of first grade. He's spent time on the sidelines with injury," he said.

"He's maturing as a player. He's dedicated to the game. While he is like that, he's going to improve.

"He never complains about injuries but this year is the first year he's been totally injury free regarding his back. He was able to do the whole off-season and that's hugely important.

"He's had a really good preparation. He's really maturing and is enjoying the leadership role."

Zillman joined the Gold Coast from Canberra after two knee reconstructions but is refinding the pace that earned him the nickname "Zip Zip" in his younger years.

"It is a numbers game and the more times he can touch the ball, the more dangerous he's going to be. We keep pushing that at him," Cartwright said.

"Definitely off the mark (he is a lot quicker). That first 10 metres is critical and the most important time to have speed."

"He's back to as fast as he's been."

WOW what an article. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :duh2:

Still can't believe the security he's got. All this talk about him with leadership qualities, i don't know what he's done to deserve his spot after the first 8 rounds. He hasn't done anything memorable since 2010.

Coaster
05-05-13, 02:27 PM
That is the most ridiculas article I've ever read.

That reporter and that paper is producing more TP than Zillman ever has

Bahahha

Coaster
05-05-13, 02:31 PM
Zillman is a center. The best game he has ever played was at center. He is a hole runner with good leg drive

DavidBouveng
05-05-13, 02:47 PM
WOW what an article. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :duh2:

Still can't believe the security he's got. All this talk about him with leadership qualities, i don't know what he's done to deserve his spot after the first 8 rounds. He hasn't done anything memorable since 2010.

Thats harsh,I think he's provided a few memories.

The time he got caught by Reece Robinson with 20m start sticks in mind.

Some of his passing efforts are also hard to forget.

The Mole
05-05-13, 02:55 PM
Thats harsh,I think he's provided a few memories.

The time he got caught by Reece Robinson with 20m start sticks in mind.

Some of his passing efforts are also hard to forget.

Those aren't good memories though. But your right in saying those moments are hard to forget...... and forgive.

Also I'm always going to be a fan of the Rat but he says some pretty stupid things in this article.

DIEHARD
05-05-13, 03:03 PM
That was such an awkward article to read. I agree with Coaster. He is a centre. And this TP nickname has to end.

TITAN PETE
05-05-13, 03:13 PM
:rolleyes:
Comparing him to Slater the only difference is Zilman hasn't scored any tries yet :laugh:

Coaster
05-05-13, 03:14 PM
:rolleyes:
Comparing him to Slater the only difference is Zilman hasn't scored any tries yet :laugh:

I can't believe that is written haha

DavidBouveng
05-05-13, 03:29 PM
Those aren't good memories though. But your right in saying those moments are hard to forget...... and forgive.

Also I'm always going to be a fan of the Rat but he says some pretty stupid things in this article.

Haha I know mate. Was taking the piss.

As for rats comments, carty says stuff like it too sometimes, and I think it's planned to boost his confidence.

Carty said once that he 'would represent his country'.

Coaster
05-05-13, 03:31 PM
Billy Zillman

Julius Sezer
05-05-13, 03:36 PM
i am lost for words. What has Meyn been watching if he thinks Zillman has been in blistering form?

Julius Sezer
05-05-13, 03:37 PM
Zillman at times finds it difficult to inject himself into the game. Centre if where he should be.

The Mole
05-05-13, 03:50 PM
Haha I know mate. Was taking the piss.

As for rats comments, carty says stuff like it too sometimes, and I think it's planned to boost his confidence.

Carty said once that he 'would represent his country'.

Haha yeah I know.

Your probably right about Carty and Matt trying to boost Zilly's confidence.

The Mole
05-05-13, 03:52 PM
You could say after reading this article that we have the likes of slater in our team.

DIEHARD
05-05-13, 04:18 PM
That is the most ridiculas article I've ever read.

That reporter and that paper is producing more TP than Zillman ever has

Bahahha

^^^ Printing and framing... ^^^

DIEHARD
05-05-13, 04:22 PM
Billy Zillman

Willy Zlater.

Coaster
05-05-13, 04:37 PM
Willy Zlater.

Hahah

Funny stuff

teke
05-05-13, 05:10 PM
Willy Zlater.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DIEHARD
05-05-13, 05:34 PM
Bring me the markers! Time to make a banner. Haha

teke
05-05-13, 06:00 PM
Bring me the markers! Time to make a banner. Hahadont u dare, ppl won't see it as a joke like we do :mad:

titanfan1980
05-05-13, 08:32 PM
I read this article the other day and laughed as it said he's one of the best in the nrl then they did a chart at the bottom to compare and he wasn't winning any of them haha,

Titanic
05-05-13, 09:23 PM
If they watched today's game they wouldn't have been able to write such twaddle because they wouldn't have been able to find him.

DavidBouveng
05-05-13, 11:28 PM
I read this article the other day and laughed as it said he's one of the best in the nrl then they did a chart at the bottom to compare and he wasn't winning any of them haha,

He was winning the error column by almost double if I remember correctly.

Go TP!