DIEHARD
03-04-13, 09:20 AM
Sunday evening game here.

Sydney Titans Fanatic
03-04-13, 11:21 AM
I will be making my return to skilled park for this game....YAY

Boofhead
06-04-13, 10:49 AM
Going to be a tough sell after coming off that loss. The good news is we have a 9 day turn around to heal up a few of the niggles.

Nightmare in the halves department (heard that one before). Is it worth the risk bringing back Sezer if he isn't 100%?

Titanic
06-04-13, 11:35 AM
What do we look like in the worst case scenario of no Bird (on report), Ridge (pec), Takairangi (hammy), Srama (ac), Sezer (hammy) or Kelly (medial)?

1. Zilman
2. Gordon
3. Michaels
4. Idris
5. Mead
6. Henry
7. Rankin
8. Bailey
9. Falloon
10. Douglas
11. Taylor
12. Myles
13. Harrison

14. James
15. Ioane
16. Minichiello
17. O'Dwyer

I think Bailey has to start. He's a machine not an impact player.

TITAN PETE
06-04-13, 11:44 AM
1.Mead
2.Gordon
3.Zillman
4.Idris
5.Don
6.Henry
7.Srama
8.Bailey
9.Falloon
10.Douglas
11.Bird
12.Myles
13.Harro

14.James
15.Taylor
16.Odwyer
17.Minichello

K2G
06-04-13, 11:53 AM
1.Russell
2.Gordon
3.Hunt
4.Idris
5.Mead
6.Rankin / Barba
7.Henry
8.Bailey
9.Falloon
10.Douglas
11.Bird / O'Dwyer (is Bird injured too?)
12.Myles
13.Harro

14.James
15.Taylor
16.Odwyer / Zillman
17.Minichello

Perfect game to blood new players.

Toads
06-04-13, 11:55 AM
Bird's on report. My guess he'd be looking at a week..

Rage
06-04-13, 03:01 PM
Going to be a tough sell after coming off that loss. The good news is we have a 9 day turn around to heal up a few of the niggles.

Nightmare in the halves department (heard that one before). Is it worth the risk bringing back Sezer if he isn't 100%?

I definitely don't think it's worth bringing Sezer in if he's not absolutely 100% right. I still remember when we rushed Prince back, he got injured like 10 minutes into the game and we lost him for the season.

gotitans101_
06-04-13, 03:34 PM
1.Mead
2.Gordon
3.Zillman
4.Idris
5.Don/Michaels
6.Rankin
7.Henry
8.Bailey
9.Falloon
10.Douglas
11.Bird
12.Myles
13.Harrison

14.James
15.Taylor
16.Odwyer
17.Minichello

But we all know Mead to FB will never happen.

teke
06-04-13, 03:40 PM
I definitely don't think it's worth bringing Sezer in if he's not absolutely 100% right. I still remember when we rushed Prince back, he got injured like 10 minutes into the game and we lost him for the season.yeah anyone with a hammy problem Should be left to completely heal.

amaline
06-04-13, 04:04 PM
http://www.sportsnews.com.au/nrl/titan-kellys-nrl-injury-not-so-bad/65667

This site says he's looking at 2-3 weeks on the sideline. It also says the injury was a result of Dave Taylor landing on him, not Idris. However, I choose to believe.

Peej
06-04-13, 04:32 PM
1.Russell
2.Gordon
3.Hunt
4.Idris
5.Mead
6.Rankin / Barba
7.Henry
8.Bailey
9.Falloon
10.Douglas
11.Bird / O'Dwyer (is Bird injured too?)
12.Myles
13.Harro

14.James
15.Taylor
16.Odwyer / Zillman
17.Minichello

Perfect game to blood new players.

My thoughts exactly. We need to bench Zillman (utility) and bleed Russel ASAP or its gonna be another 2012... Russel is a legit fullback and looked pretty solid in the trials. Pretty sure Cartwrong will waste this oportunity

teke
06-04-13, 05:23 PM
Russell is a solid fb but he doesn't have the X factor mead does.

In saying this fb position is the least of the teams problems atm.

mdrew
06-04-13, 06:08 PM
My thoughts exactly. We need to bench Zillman (utility) and bleed Russel ASAP or its gonna be another 2012... Russel is a legit fullback and looked pretty solid in the trials. Pretty sure Cartwrong will waste this oportunity

Unfortunately Russell's form in NYC does not warrant spot.

Coaster
06-04-13, 06:23 PM

I think you are right, from what i am hearing this game was a complete disaster in more ways than one.

Rankin and Henry to halves i guess

Big Dan
06-04-13, 08:05 PM

Back you totally mead to Fullback.Don deserves his chance he has done the hard yards.Michael's played a lot better than i expected.The broncos played smart they could not go through us but around us out wide all our players made poor decisions and as earlier most of our smarter contributors have stated the mistakes happen inside.But on Michael's and zillman time to go wenwill be exposed again by quality sides out wide .

Ryan
06-04-13, 08:49 PM
Having an outside back on the bench is sooo 2011 :rolleyes:
Having a hooker and outside back on the bench is a waste....

1. Mead
2. Gordon
3. Zillman
4. Idris
5. Micheals
6. Rankin
7. Henry
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. Douglas
11. Myles
12. Taylor
13. Harrison

14. Falloon
15. James
16. ODwyer
17. Mini

Peej
07-04-13, 09:05 AM
True, I'd be more than happy with the Mead and Don option. We could certainly do with some more x factor especially in Kelly's absence. Yeah FB isn't the teams greatest problem right now but Zillman's not gonna suddenly come good so keeping him there is just wasting time IMO. I wanna see some entertaining football... Zillman is not entertaining

DIEHARD
07-04-13, 10:10 AM
Mead to 1.
Srama to 7.
Henry to 6.

That's how I see it.

DIEHARD
08-04-13, 01:01 PM
I'm really interested to see which way our team selections go tomorrow.

DIEHARD
08-04-13, 01:03 PM
http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx100340.jpg

CLICK HERE TO BUY TICKETS (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=TIT0613)

We need a good crowd. Rally the troops.

hatchy84
08-04-13, 01:28 PM
How is barba going anyone know

Hail Sezer
08-04-13, 01:31 PM
How is barba going anyone know

Saw he scored for Tweed in the weekend. Is coming off the bench for them at the moment and playing at fullback I believe.

Steve
08-04-13, 02:10 PM
Mead to 1.
Srama to 7.
Henry to 6.

That's how I see it.

That would make sense.

Unfortunately I think we'll see Bird 6, Srama 7.

We'll get flogged again too.

:poke:

Coaster
08-04-13, 02:17 PM
I don't agree we will get flogged.
This team has a different culture, and regardless of who plays where I expect to be competitive.

We won't win every game that is called sport. But we need to constantly improve. Good chance this week with no halves to show some real ticker and win against the odds

lonegull
08-04-13, 02:31 PM
Scary thought but we all know carty, so zillman halfback with bird 5/8th, I am hoping rankin gets a run as we need a bloke who can kick in general play,

teke
08-04-13, 02:36 PM
This team has a different culture, and regardless of who plays where I expect to be competitive.

We won't win every game that is called sport. But we need to constantly improve. Good chance this week with no halves to show some real ticker and win against the oddsThis is my thought aswell

karnage
08-04-13, 02:42 PM
Regardless of who we are missing I still like Taylor off the bench. It's a 17 man game now and he just offers so much coming on against a defence that has ready done some work.

Tamwelg
08-04-13, 02:49 PM
This is my thought aswell

Yep I'll go with that as well.

DIEHARD
08-04-13, 03:21 PM

We won't win every game that is called sport. But we need to constantly improve. Good chance this week with no halves to show some real ticker and win against the odds

Yea I am much more optimistic than Steve this week. I agree with Coaster.

Agree we could have really used Rankin's boot on Friday.

Bayside Titan
08-04-13, 03:32 PM
:rolf: insideword is that Dave Taylor to be named at Half back with Bird to 5/8 this week against Para.....:rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :helpme: :helpme: :helpme:

Skyfire
08-04-13, 04:22 PM
I think we will well and truly dispose of the Eels. No matter our halves.

patskE
08-04-13, 06:15 PM
all i hope is for bird to stay in the pack and micheals to piss off hah

teke
08-04-13, 06:42 PM
Michaels hasnt played too badly the last few weeks, numbers in defence on his side was the teams biggest problem v the Broncos which is a direct result of a few players not communicating.

Rage
08-04-13, 07:09 PM
Does anyone know how Don is going or if he's even a viable option?

TITAN PETE
08-04-13, 07:41 PM
Does anyone know how Don is going or if he's even a viable option?

Don is in the mix , he travelled to Penrith & was on the bench Friday night & is highly thought of as the next winger to get a shot.

Steve
08-04-13, 08:00 PM
Yea I am much more optimistic than Steve this week. I agree with Coaster.

Agree we could have really used Rankin's boot on Friday.

Believe me, I'll be happy to be wrong!

If you don't expect too much, you might not be let down. :thumbsup:

Julius Sezer
08-04-13, 08:45 PM
Don is in the mix , he travelled to Penrith & was on the bench Friday night & is highly thought of as the next winger to get a shot.

In what circumstance?

Rage
08-04-13, 10:12 PM

Cheers for the info. Was just wondering what his standing was since I've heard his name thrown around quite a bit on this forum but I haven't had the chance to see him play yet.

DIEHARD
09-04-13, 10:25 AM
Albert Kelly in line for shock return for the Gold Coast Titans

ALBERT Kelly could be a shock inclusion for the Titans' team to play Parramatta on Sunday, with his medial ligament strain not as serious as first thought.

Kelly appeared set for an extended stint on the sidelines when he was carried off Skilled Park after a collision late in the game against the Broncos.

While he left the ground on crutches and in a full leg brace, it seems to have been only precautionary.

The Titans were expected to regain one of their injured halves for the Eels clash but it was expected to be Aidan Sezer (hamstring) rather than Kelly.

While Sezer was confident last Friday he would play, the Titans would be reluctant to risk him if he is not fully recovered.

Sezer's tactical kicking was badly missed on Friday but with the injury to his kicking leg, he could be kept out for another week.

Kelly may not be named by coach John Cartwright today but it is understood he will be given every chance to play on Sunday.

Titans physio Greg Condon said Kelly would be monitored over the week but could play if he moved without discomfort by the weekend.

"Obviously, we don't want to take any risks with him at this stage of the year," Condon said.

"He's progressing nicely. It's just all the agility stuff he needs to be able to do at the end of the week."

Condon rated Sezer a "low chance" to return and said Ben Ridge (pectoral strain) would definitely be out this week, with Brad Takairangi (hamstring) also likely to miss the Eels clash.

"With the nine-day turnaround, (Sezer) is probably a low chance of of playing this week," Condon said. "You usually need two to three weeks for those (hamstrings) to heal."

Front-rower Luke Bailey hoped the combinations were settled on quickly to allow the Titans to avoid the situation that occurred last week when the side was unable to train with Sezer's replacement Greg Bird at five-eighth.

"Obviously it hurt us to have that late omission last week," Bailey said.

"When (Sezer's injury) happened we just thought we'd shuffle and throw Birdy out there and everything would be sweet, but it was quite evident we were just mixing it up and it wasn't the greatest footy."

While Luke O'Dwyer is likely to be recalled at least to the bench for Sunday's clash, Bailey said Mark Minichiello was another candidate champing at the bit for an NRL recall with Ridge ruled out.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/

Hail Sezer
09-04-13, 01:11 PM
Has been reported by travis meyn that don is to debut

Hail Sezer
09-04-13, 01:16 PM
Can't post team list because on phone..but big news is dave taylor stood down for 2 weeks for breaking team rules

DIEHARD
09-04-13, 01:36 PM
Titans team announcement vs Eels
Adam Gardini

iSelect Gold Coast Titans Coach John Cartwright has today named Beau Henry, Mark Minichiello, Luke O’Dwyer and Anthony Don as the new faces in a 17-man squad for Sunday’s twilight clash against the Parramatta Eels at Skilled Park.

In a boost for the side, halfback Albert Kelly has been named to face the Eels despite sustaining a minor knee injury in last weekend’s loss to the Broncos, while in-form interchange hooker Beau Falloon will start the match in place of the injured Matt Srama (shoulder).

Henry has been named at five-eighth in place of the injured Aidan Sezer (hamstring), while O’Dwyer comes in for starting back rower Ben Ridge (pectoral).

Forward David Taylor has also been ruled out of the match after being stood down for two weeks for disciplinary reasons for breaking team rules.

Centre Steve Michaels has been promoted from the interchange bench to the starting line-up in place of the injured Brad Takairangi (hamstring) while Minichiello and Don are the new faces on the interchange bench.

The match marks Don’s NRL debut, capping a meteoric rise to the top for the 25-year-old, who only three years ago was playing for the Grafton Ghosts in the Northern Rivers Regional Rugby League competition.
iSelect Titans vs Parramatta Eels

Sunday, April 14
6.30pm – Skilled Park
1 William Zillman
2 Kevin Gordon
3 Steve Michaels
4 Jamal Idris
5 David Mead
6 Beau Henry
7 Albert Kelly
8 Luke Douglas
9 Beau Falloon
10 Nate Myles
11 Greg Bird
12 Luke O’Dwyer
13 Ashley Harrison

Interchange
14 Luke Bailey
15 Ryan James
16 Mark Minichiello
17 Anthony Don

Boofhead
09-04-13, 01:41 PM
DT? What happened.

david may
09-04-13, 01:48 PM
DT? What happened.
Breached team rules. Stood down for next two weeks.

karnage
09-04-13, 02:20 PM
The biggest story in that team list is not that DT has been stood down, it's that Carty has named a WINGER ON THE BENCH!! That has got to be the most ridiculous selection decision of the year. The guy has 100% lost the plot.

teke
09-04-13, 02:34 PM
The biggest story in that team list is not that DT has been stood down, it's that Carty has named a WINGER ON THE BENCH!! That has got to be the most ridiculous selection decision of the year. The guy has 100% lost the plot.No he hasnt, one of the halves is going to drop out

K2G
09-04-13, 03:02 PM
No he hasnt, one of the halves is going to drop out

Zillman to 5/8
Mead to F/B
Don to Wing

Is that what you're saying teke?

Toads
09-04-13, 03:51 PM
****' it all. First game I can make this year 'n they sidelined DT for two friggin' weeks. Not Happy!

ozynorts
09-04-13, 04:02 PM
Ok who has the inside story????????????
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/gold-coast-titans-drop-dave-taylor-for-breaching-team-rules-albert-kelly-named-in-squad-despite-injury/story-fn2mcuj6-1226615975997#.UWOuxaIcbbw

TITAN PETE
09-04-13, 04:30 PM
2 weeks for dave Taylor for a breach of team rules

gotitans101_
09-04-13, 04:47 PM
I wonder if this has anything to do with it?
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b98/caledor/Taylor_zpsba1ada45.jpg

That photo was posted by someone on instagram last week. Surely that has nothing to do with it though.

TITAN PETE
09-04-13, 04:53 PM
I wonder if this has anything to do with it?
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b98/caledor/Taylor_zpsba1ada45.jpg

That photo was posted by someone on instagram last week. Surely that has nothing to do with it though.

showing how the Donkeys drink Gold.....get out of the closet :thumbsup:

Chaos
09-04-13, 05:15 PM
No he hasnt, one of the halves is going to drop out

What are you on about?

TITAN PETE
09-04-13, 05:33 PM
Every sporting team has rules & just because u happen to be the biggest bench player in the world u have to obide by them..

Mexican titan
09-04-13, 06:30 PM
I really cannot understand why the club says he is stood down for breaching team rules. Obviously with the press we have these days they will dig until the details come out, so why not just say it. Otherwise in amongst the real story there will be a lot of untruth so just spill the beans now.

insideword
09-04-13, 06:46 PM
The inside word is that he has been stood down for reasons that are related to an incident following the game in a nightclub.

david may
09-04-13, 06:51 PM
I really cannot understand why the club says he is stood down for breaching team rules. Obviously with the press we have these days they will dig until the details come out, so why not just say it. Otherwise in amongst the real story there will be a lot of untruth so just spill the beans now.
We are one of the most open and transparent teams in the game.

But sometimes we need to deal with things behind closed doors. Dave broke an internal club rule, and the coach, the senior squad and I have decided to deal with that privately.

I hope that's ok.

Smakked
09-04-13, 07:11 PM

But sometimes we need to deal with things behind closed doors. Dave broke an internal club rule, and the coach, the senior squad and I have decided to deal with that privately.

I hope that's ok.

No Dramas at all from me, i don't care about anything these guys do except play footy, we all live lives and all do stupid things so what , move on .

TITAN PETE
09-04-13, 07:28 PM
Looks like the insideword is a dribbler who watches the news :D

Mexican titan
09-04-13, 07:35 PM

I hope that's ok.

Of course that's ok by me and I really appreciate your input in to this forum.
I just hope the press are as understanding and don't spend days trying to find out what he did. I am not confident of that though.
We have an important game on Sunday and don't need to be distracted by that rubbish.

Coaster
09-04-13, 07:45 PM
It won't stop the rubbish reporting, Travis Mein already crowing about his insights.

Chaos
09-04-13, 08:04 PM
What ever the reason...DT not playing is a bad loss for us.

Looking through our squad this week and our average IQ level has dropped.

DavidBouveng
09-04-13, 08:10 PM
Looking through our squad this week and our average IQ level has dropped.

U haven't met DT I assume ;)

Chaos
09-04-13, 08:26 PM
U haven't met DT I assume ;)

No but he has good instinct on the field...better then some.

Hail Sezer
09-04-13, 08:28 PM
No but he has good instinct on the field...better then some.

Instinct =/= IQ level :laugh:

Rage
09-04-13, 08:30 PM
So if the squad stays as has been named, where exactly does Don fit into the game plan or how will he be injected into the game?

patskE
09-04-13, 08:32 PM
Michaels Michaels Michaels
why ohhh why.... when will carty get the message

DavidBouveng
09-04-13, 08:34 PM
i respect that we have stood him down and held firm in our values, despite needing to win games of football.

I am a bit pissed at DT though, who would be on one of our largest contracts, if not largest behind Bird, and someone who has played for his state and country has shown a lack of leadership and responsibility to our team when players are dropping like flies to injury and we need all remaining hands on dec

DavidBouveng
09-04-13, 08:39 PM
So if the squad stays as has been named, where exactly does Don fit into the game plan or how will he be injected into the game?

if our halves all play as named, i hope like hell that he drops of the bench and mini or someone comes in instead.

we learnt having a CTW on bench doesnt really work last week didnt we....didnt we? seriously did we not??!

TITAN PETE
09-04-13, 08:40 PM

Have been talking about that same scenario this afternoon , I can only guess that he will be thrown in if Zillman needs to be pushed up into the 5/8 if needed apart from that I think Flash has been very disappointing though out the 1st 5 rounds of the year so maybe he will take his spot somewhere in the match ..

Michaels Michaels Michaels
why ohhh why.... when will carty get the message

I think he's better than people give him credit for, he had Hodges cover last week

DavidBouveng
09-04-13, 08:41 PM

I hope that's ok.

its ok David, Just tell the media he fell out of bed.

worked last year for him.

DavidBouveng
09-04-13, 08:49 PM
Have been talking about that same scenario this afternoon , I can only guess that he will be thrown in if Zillman needs to be pushed up into the 5/8 if needed apart from that I think Flash has been very disappointing though out the 1st 5 rounds of the year so maybe he will take his spot somewhere in the match ..

I think he's better than people give him credit for, he had Hodges cover last week

i think going in with CTW on bench and shuffling things on the run was dodgy as?

i think we should train and prepare for both possibilities, and once we know what our structure will be, then commit to that 100%, and only hopefully only change if injuries occur.

good call on both flash ( whom i have reverted back to calling Commissioner ) and Michaels. Gordon hasnt been at his best for quite a while now, and Stevie while not providing any real strike power, did a terrific job on hodges, and i mentioned it in my post game wrap.

Tamwelg
09-04-13, 11:35 PM

I hope that's ok.

I for one don't really care what Taylor has or has not done, but applaud the club for their stance and particularly at a time when we are down on troops. The clubs that draw a line in the stand and stick by there rules, is a team heading in the right direction.

Tamwelg
09-04-13, 11:39 PM
i think going in with CTW on bench and shuffling things on the run was dodgy as?

i think we should train and prepare for both possibilities, and once we know what our structure will be, then commit to that 100%, and only hopefully only change if injuries occur.

good call on both flash ( whom i have reverted back to calling Commissioner ) and Michaels. Gordon hasnt been at his best for quite a while now, and Stevie while not providing any real strike power, did a terrific job on hodges, and i mentioned it in my post game wrap.

Yeah, he's has shown the same form he had before his reco. Hopefully we see the pre reco flash back soon.

teke
10-04-13, 02:43 AM
What are you on about?A bigger issue than having a winger on the bench is allowing Kelly to play a few days after being in crutches.

KickittoGordon knows what Im on about, Zilly into the halves...

teke
10-04-13, 02:45 AM
Zillman to 5/8
Mead to F/B
Don to Wing

Is that what you're saying teke?It could be the only reason of naming a winger on the bench although the team on paper doesnt mean thats what will run out on game day

DIEHARD
10-04-13, 09:52 AM
I really dont want to see Zillman at 5/8, not this Sunday, not ever.

Titanic
10-04-13, 10:10 AM
Gee, you go away for a day and things happen.

On Taylor; stiff bickies, nobody is above the law, no matter what he did if the management made a decision then that'll do me.
On Michaels; I am his greatest critic but as mentioned by many he has performed admirably this season, however, I think that's because we put so much pressure on him ... with that in mind: WTF Michaels, no, no, no, no no.
On Kelly; surely nobody could be so stupid to play him injured ... Sandow would have a field day.
On Sezer; he should never have kicking practice again ... ever.
On Zillman; if he plays 5/8 Hayne will have a field day running straight past him.
On Don; good luck matey, you've earned your chance.
On Henry; he must be doing something right (can kick goals for example) to keep Rankin out.
On O'Dwyer; this is the selection that really cheeses me off. He was crap last start and is keeping someone younger out.
On Minichiello; whatever.
On a reshuffle; how could we have expected anything more?

Toads
10-04-13, 10:10 AM
I really dont want to see Zillman at 5/8, not this Sunday, not ever.

Scratch me up as being another one of this opinion..

Toads
10-04-13, 10:23 AM
On Taylor; stiff bickies, nobody is above the law, no matter what he did if the management made a decision then that'll do me. With what's been revealed since this news first broke. It is a commendable decision by the Club.

On Michaels; I am his greatest critic but as mentioned by many he has performed admirably this season, however, I think that's because we put so much pressure on him ... with that in mind: WTF Michaels, no, no, no, no no. Indeed, Micheals last couple of outings have been impressive. Though the thought of him choking again is still imbedded in my failing memory, it seems it's only a matter of time. I'd love for him to prove me wrong though.

All things considered, he probably does deserve to be named in the team this week.

On Kelly; surely nobody could be so stupid to play him injured ... Sandow would have a field day. Maybe the Club is working on the theory that last weeks injury wasn't enough, and they'll be shooting for a season ending injury this week? It appears nothing has learnt from our last outing.. EDIT: That may not be entirely correct after seeing the team for this week. At least they're resting Matty Srama.

DIEHARD
10-04-13, 10:26 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/45312_525070490867532_356378067_n.jpg

TITAN PETE
10-04-13, 04:47 PM
Half a chance is all Henry needs
Adam Santarossa
Wednesday 10 April 2013 2:48 PM

iSelect Titans half Beau Henry says he will play his own game, rather than try to fill the shoes of injured Titans Aidan Sezer, when he makes a return to the NRL against the Eels on Sunday.
Henry has had a long wait to return to first grade and has been performing solidly in the Queensland Cup for the Tweed Seagulls, and thanked his Tweed teammates for their support during his time away from the NRL.
The 23-year-old says he is looking forward to forming a combination with Albert Kelly and will do whatever is required to ensure a Titans victory come Sunday.

Hail Sezer
10-04-13, 05:08 PM
In the spirit of getting behind Beau, give this a watch

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/S0XyKsLHPZc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TITAN PETE
10-04-13, 08:30 PM
Anthony Don earns Titans breakthrough
Travis Meyn | 02:11pm April 10, 2013

FORMER Grafton flyer Anthony Don will make his NRL debut while forgotten five-eighth Beau Henry will come out of the wilderness for the depleted Titans against Parramatta on Sunday.

Don, 25, has earned a spot on the bench while former under-20s player of the year Henry will wear No.6 with Aidan Sezer still suffering from a hamstring strain.

The Titans have been smashed by injuries and suspensions with star forward Dave Taylor stood down for two weeks for disciplinary reasons.

Hooker Matt Srama (shoulder), centre Brad Takairangi (hamstring) and back-rower Ben Ridge (pectoral) are also out while halfback Albert Kelly (knee) is under a cloud.

Foundation forwards Luke O'Dwyer and Mark Minichiello have earned recalls from Tweed Heads but it is the weakest team the Titans have fielded this year.

Titans coach John Cartwright said Don was a prime example of a player who had never given up hope of cracking the big time. "He's pretty much a local guy who cut his teeth in Grafton and came through the back door," he said.

"He hasn't been part of a school system or junior rep program.

"He got a chance with Burleigh, did an off-season with us, trained very hard and impressed everyone.

"His form at Burleigh has said he deserved a chance. It's always exciting and it's a great feel-good story.

"Sometimes we pay too much attention to schoolboy and junior systems when there's guys like Anthony out there."

Henry has beaten Jordan Rankin to Sezer's jersey but Rankin has been placed on standby for Kelly.

It will be Henry's first NRL game since round 23 of 2011 and Cartwright said the 23-year-old's kicking game earned him the nod.

"He was very good for Seagulls last week," he said.

"His kicking game is generally very good and I feel that was one area last week where it didn't help us win the game.

"Beau comes in and hopefully that will ease the pressure on Albert.

"Jordan Rankin will train in that spot for the rest of the week and we'll make a decision on Albert on Saturday."

Don has been named on the bench but it's possible Cartwright will shift William Zillman to the halves, David Mead to fullback and put Don on the wing.

DIEHARD
10-04-13, 08:31 PM
Ouch 51 seconds.

DIEHARD
10-04-13, 08:33 PM
Very excited to see Don called in and the circumstances where he clawed his way to the NRL.

teke
10-04-13, 09:05 PM
How much we gonna smoke the eels by?

teke
10-04-13, 09:09 PM
In the spirit of getting behind Beau, give this a watch

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/S0XyKsLHPZc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>haha I'm confident now !!

isaiah
10-04-13, 09:26 PM
Gee, you go away for a day and things happen.

On Taylor; stiff bickies, nobody is above the law, no matter what he did if the management made a decision then that'll do me.
On Michaels; I am his greatest critic but as mentioned by many he has performed admirably this season, however, I think that's because we put so much pressure on him ... with that in mind: WTF Michaels, no, no, no, no no.
On Kelly; surely nobody could be so stupid to play him injured ... Sandow would have a field day.
On Sezer; he should never have kicking practice again ... ever.
On Zillman; if he plays 5/8 Hayne will have a field day running straight past him.
On Don; good luck matey, you've earned your chance.
On Henry; he must be doing something right (can kick goals for example) to keep Rankin out.
On O'Dwyer; this is the selection that really cheeses me off. He was crap last start and is keeping someone younger out.
On Minichiello; whatever.
On a reshuffle; how could we have expected anything more?

on a reshuffle: as long as carty doesn't play bird at 6 again

Hail Sezer
10-04-13, 10:07 PM
How much we gonna smoke the eels by?

Well....I see Henry receiving it at 2nd man and holding up the ball just long enough for a gap to open up, feeding Idris a short ball. Jamal slices through, finds Don outside him who manages to get a fend on Hayne and make 40 but Hayne regathers him, only for Don to offload on the inside to Mead running in support from fullback. Mead runs the rest to score under the posts.

Yep. That just happened.

Supergoose
10-04-13, 11:41 PM
The whole Don on the bench thing looks to me as though Zillman is going to be used to spell Falloon either side of half time.

The other option is that Idris may move into the backrow.

It is good that we can throw some players in early in the seaso. And have a look at them. We need to beat teams like the Eels and surely our pack gives us a huge advantage over theirs. Nervous about the halves and outside backs though, if Sandow gets room to unleash some of their strong ball-runners we could be in for a fright.

teke
11-04-13, 03:43 AM
The whole Don on the bench thing looks to me as though Zillman is going to be used to spell Falloon either side of half time.

It is good that we can throw some players in early in the seaso. And have a look at them. We need to beat teams like the Eels and surely our pack gives us a huge advantage over theirs. Nervous about the halves and outside backs though, if Sandow gets room to unleash some of their strong ball-runners we could be in for a fright.Zilly is going to spell Falloon? Not in this lifetime...i couldnt imagine his passes from dummy half

karnage
11-04-13, 08:24 AM

It is good that we can throw some players in early in the seaso. And have a look at them. We need to beat teams like the Eels and surely our pack gives us a huge advantage over theirs. Nervous about the halves and outside backs though, if Sandow gets room to unleash some of their strong ball-runners we could be in for a fright.

Idris to the backrow makes absolutely no sense. Our depth is all in the forwards but we are very limited for options in the backs. O'Dwyer is the utility, he should start on the bench with Bull in the front row and Myles in the backrow. That could allow us another front rower on the bench and allow us to beat the soft Eels through the middle.

The alternative is to bring a winger on and perform a tactical shuffle involving FB, winger and centre.

A winger on the bench is never an option. Ever.

Tamwelg
11-04-13, 08:40 AM
@travismeyn: Mighty Mouse hooker Sam Irwin to make his #NRL debut for Titans this weekend. Matt Srama (shoulder) and Beau Falloon (appendix) out.

TITAN PETE
11-04-13, 09:11 AM
@travismeyn: Mighty Mouse hooker Sam Irwin to make his #NRL debut for Titans this weekend. Matt Srama (shoulder) and Beau Falloon (appendix) out.

I told you Falloon wouldn't make many tackles this week ;)

Tamwelg
11-04-13, 09:20 AM
Beau Falloon ruled out with appendicitis
Thursday 11 April 2013 8:56 AM

The iSelect Titans have lost another player to injury ahead of the Eels clash, with hooker Beau Falloon today ruled out with appendicitis.
Falloon was to replace injured hooker Matt Srama for Sunday's clash but has been ruled out after being admitted to hospital with appendicitis.
The loss of Falloon leaves the door open for former Under-20s hooker Sam Irwin to make his NRL debut.

titans.com.au (http://www.titans.com.au)

DavidBouveng
11-04-13, 09:25 AM
http://anagramballoons.com/images/products/19653.gif

Smakked
11-04-13, 09:39 AM
Well **** me, looking like a loss this week

Toads
11-04-13, 09:51 AM
A few of us didn't rate Falloon earlier this year, but he soon silenced us critics. So hopefully we'll give Sam Irwin some slack to prove himself, even though it'd be harsh to judge him on debut.

DavidBouveng
11-04-13, 09:52 AM
So both halves, first AND second choice hooker out lol.

And outsiders thought we were bare in the spine BEFORE.... Haha.

Only remaining spine player is the one we all hoping wasn't.

Titan Dad
11-04-13, 09:55 AM
Well **** me, looking like a loss this week

We have got this. HENRY has been playing very good footy in the Intrust Cup, as has Rankin. Mighty Mouse from the 20's will do a great job for us as this kid is all heart with the skills to go with it.
If our forwards take this game by the scruff of the neck this is a very winnable game for us.
With MINI returning to NRL this week he will be like a caged beast and we will see a blinder from him. (expect to see him score in second half).
As for Chalky, i personnally rate this bloke to the protests of the forum. But he is an excellent utility and with the injury toll we have that is a good selection in my eyes.
:thumbsup:

Smakked
11-04-13, 09:56 AM
The only positive i can see is we have a bye next week so another week to get guys fit.

Smakked
11-04-13, 09:58 AM
We have got this. HENRY has been playing very good footy in the Intrust Cup, as has Rankin. Mighty Mouse from the 20's will do a great job for us as this kid is all heart with the skills to go with it.
If our forwards take this game by the scruff of the neck this is a very winnable game for us.
With MINI returning to NRL this week he will be like a caged beast and we will see a blinder from him. (expect to see him score in second half).
As for Chalky, i personnally rate this bloke to the protests of the forum. But he is an excellent utility and with the injury toll we have that is a good selection in my eyes.
I love your spirit TD. For me its not really player , we all know Carty is going to do something stupid and **** it all up.

david may
11-04-13, 10:13 AM
i'm with you titan dad. I think we will win this one.

Just no more injury/illness please.

Tamwelg
11-04-13, 10:16 AM
i'm with you titan dad. I think we will win this one.

Just no more injury/illness please.

Or players doing the wrong thing and getting themselves stood down ;)

Jimbojones
11-04-13, 11:29 AM
Guess we will see this ?
6. Beau Henry
7. Jordan rankin
9. Sam Irwin

Tamwelg
11-04-13, 11:30 AM
Irwin to make debut against Eels
Adam Gardini
Thursday 11 April 2013 10:57 AM

iSelect Gold Coast Titans hooker Sam Irwin will make his NRL debut in Sunday's twilight clash against the Parramatta Eels after being called up in place of injured hookers Matt Srama (shoulder) and Beau Falloon (appendix).

Falloon was set replace the injured Srama for Sunday's clash but he has also been ruled out after being admitted to hospital with appendicitis.

The loss of Falloon opens the door up for former Titans Under-20s hooker Irwin, who got a taste of first grade action during the club's pre-season trial matches in February.

Irwin, who was born in the Northern Territory, was a stand-out for the Titans' NYC side last year and won both the NYC Player of the Year award and NYC Players' Player award.

Despite being small in stature, Irwin is regarded as one of the strongest players

titans.com.au (http://www.titans.com.au)

Mexican titan
11-04-13, 11:43 AM
Hopefully Sam comes in and does the job. I shudder when I see references to the Under 20's team such as Sam being their player of the year, or the other players suggested from that team such as Hunt, Russell etc to play NRL.
I know one player alone is not responsible for a team's performance but the Titans Under 20 team from last year was by far the worst Under 20's team I have seen since that comp started and this years team is only marginally better.
What the story is with our junior development is I don't know but something is badly wrong. I guess that is for another day and thread.

DavidBouveng
11-04-13, 12:01 PM
I'm actually very excited to go to this game.

We still have a fearsome pack of forwards, idris in good shape, and two young halves who have never been given a real crack, coming in to a side that has a better mindset than previous years.

Us the string chance of seeing mead at FB.

teke
11-04-13, 12:24 PM
Despite being a midget lil Sammy squats 260 plus kgs...:surprise:

Mexican titan
11-04-13, 12:42 PM
I'm actually very excited to go to this game.

We still have a fearsome pack of forwards, idris in good shape, and two young halves who have never been given a real crack, coming in to a side that has a better mindset than previous years.

Us the string chance of seeing mead at FB.

I agree DB. It is still a very winnable game. If we can go 4-2 and then have the week off all the worries of the past week will largely be behind us.

Dopamine
11-04-13, 12:53 PM
Anyone know what Jersey we're wearing this week..... Haven't seen a heritage one released and its the men of leauge heritage round.

Smakked
11-04-13, 12:57 PM
I hope Sam has a blinder , but i think he has a hard task ahead off him , we have 2 very good hookers which he is replacing. I will miss this game due to work, but will watch it.

DIEHARD
11-04-13, 01:17 PM
Just cant believe we are down to a 3rd hooker! But I underneath the fear, Im always excited to see how new blood will go in the NRL.

Henry. Henry I have faith in. This is his opportunity, he will give it his all.

I dont think the Titans are used to an early season injury crisis. Usually happens at the end of the season. This will test our depth. But the forward pack remains largely intact, but we know how important the hooker is. (Friend/Srama and Falloon has been unbelievable)

Titanic
11-04-13, 01:39 PM
I dont think the Titans are used to an early season injury crisis.

Your funniest quote ever DH :) we are the world champions at dealing with crises ... we'll take them beginning, middle, end and even off-season ... bring them on!!!

DIEHARD
11-04-13, 02:28 PM
Your funniest quote ever DH :) we are the world champions at dealing with crises ... we'll take them beginning, middle, end and even off-season ... bring them on!!!

I try my best man. :laugh:

If we complete the whole set of crises we get a free sub.

DIEHARD
11-04-13, 02:34 PM
You know... if I was a moronic Broncos fan, I'd be saying that this game would be the ideal excuse to use the Baby Broncos defence.

Aaaawwww.... they are the Baby Broncos so win or lose they are brave and amazing, so it doesnt count as a loss. They arent the real Broncos, they are the Baby Broncos....

:doh: Tiny Titans.

Nah screw that, we are the GOLD COAST TITANS!

That Baby Broncos bull**** ****s me. Anyone else notice how their fans do this?

a flash of gordon
11-04-13, 02:43 PM
You know... if I was a moronic Broncos fan, I'd be saying that this game would be the ideal excuse to use the Baby Broncos defence.

:doh: Tiny Titans.

Nah screw that, we are the GOLD COAST TITANS!

That Baby Broncos bull**** ****s me. Anyone else notice how their fans do this?

Yes I live next to a Bronco supporter they have an excuse for the time of day. Last year when we beat the Broncos at Skilled it wasn't that we played good the Broncos played bad

TITAN PETE
11-04-13, 03:05 PM
Anyone know what Jersey we're wearing this week..... Haven't seen a heritage one released and its the men of league heritage round.

We will be wearing our standard home jersey

Supergoose
11-04-13, 05:08 PM
Going to be an interesting game no matter what happens. Good to see some of the youngsters getting their shot. It's a game we really need to win if we're serious about finals footy, but either way it's going to be interesting.

C-Whiz
11-04-13, 05:58 PM
:thumbsup:I like this post the best. :thumbsup:

david may
11-04-13, 09:19 PM
Guess we will see this ?
6. Beau Henry
7. Jordan rankin
9. Sam Irwin
I'd say Albert will play.

Tamwelg
11-04-13, 09:32 PM
I'd say Albert will play.

That's great news.

Hail Sezer
11-04-13, 09:36 PM
^ yes to above, hope hes 100% though.

Heard that Don will be starting, with Mead to centre and Idris to the pack. Anyone else heard this?

TITAN PETE
11-04-13, 11:07 PM
^ yes to above, hope hes 100% though.

Heard that Don will be starting, with Mead to centre and Idris to the pack. Anyone else heard this?

All true mate :thumbsup:

Twiggy
12-04-13, 12:30 AM
Henry will take over kicking I assume? Though Don kicked back in Grafton IIRC.

K2G
12-04-13, 12:52 AM
From: http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/gold-coast-rookie-sam-irwin-poised-to-make-his-debut-for-the-titans/story-e6frep7o-1226618610767

THE recruiter who snared crafty hooker Sam Irwin from Darwin believes he could be the Gold Coast Titans' new Nathan Friend.

Irwin will make his NRL debut at Skilled Park on Sunday against Parramatta as the Titans face an injury and suspension crisis.

They will be without six first-choice players, including hookers Matt Srama (shoulder) and Beau Falloon (appendix), allowing 20-year-old Irwin to make his debut.

The Titans will field two debutants for the first time in their seven-year history against the Eels with Irwin and winger Anthony Don drafted into the squad.

Falloon, who was set to take over the starting duties from Srama, had emergency surgery to remove his appendix on Wednesday night and has been ruled out of the clash.

At 171cm and 79kg, Irwin is one of the smallest No.9s in the game, but he is also one of the most competitive players to pull on a Titans jersey.

Titans junior recruitment manager Tom Searle is adamant he can become a star.

"He's got the temperament. His nickname is Tarzan because he's as strong as an ox for his size," Searle said.

"He proves size doesn't always matter. He works hard on other parts of his game to overcome that. He probably reminds me more of Nathan (Friend) than anyone else."

Searle spotted Irwin playing for Northern Territory at the 2007 under-15 national championships in Darwin. The youngster was a standout in the developing states comp.

Searle signed him to a small scholarship and Irwin's family relocated to the Gold Coast. Irwin followed an Australian Schoolboys jersey in 2010 with two years in the NRL's under-20s competition.

"In a side that really struggled last year, he was just about the best player I saw in the whole competition," said Titans coach John Cartwright.

Speculation last night was that Cartwright may spring changes planned to his starting side.

These switches would include Ash Harrison to hooker, Irwin to the bench, Jamal Idris to second-row, David Mead to the centres and Don starting at wing.

teke
12-04-13, 01:36 AM
From: http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/gold-coast-rookie-sam-irwin-poised-to-make-his-debut-for-the-titans/story-e6frep7o-1226618610767

THE recruiter who snared crafty hooker Sam Irwin from Darwin believes he could be the Gold Coast Titans' new Nathan Friend.

Irwin will make his NRL debut at Skilled Park on Sunday against Parramatta as the Titans face an injury and suspension crisis.

They will be without six first-choice players, including hookers Matt Srama (shoulder) and Beau Falloon (appendix), allowing 20-year-old Irwin to make his debut.

The Titans will field two debutants for the first time in their seven-year history against the Eels with Irwin and winger Anthony Don drafted into the squad.

Falloon, who was set to take over the starting duties from Srama, had emergency surgery to remove his appendix on Wednesday night and has been ruled out of the clash.

At 171cm and 79kg, Irwin is one of the smallest No.9s in the game, but he is also one of the most competitive players to pull on a Titans jersey.

Titans junior recruitment manager Tom Searle is adamant he can become a star.

"He's got the temperament. His nickname is Tarzan because he's as strong as an ox for his size," Searle said.

"He proves size doesn't always matter. He works hard on other parts of his game to overcome that. He probably reminds me more of Nathan (Friend) than anyone else."

Searle spotted Irwin playing for Northern Territory at the 2007 under-15 national championships in Darwin. The youngster was a standout in the developing states comp.

Searle signed him to a small scholarship and Irwin's family relocated to the Gold Coast. Irwin followed an Australian Schoolboys jersey in 2010 with two years in the NRL's under-20s competition.

"In a side that really struggled last year, he was just about the best player I saw in the whole competition," said Titans coach John Cartwright.

Speculation last night was that Cartwright may spring changes planned to his starting side.

These switches would include Ash Harrison to hooker, Irwin to the bench, Jamal Idris to second-row, David Mead to the centres and Don starting at wing.they have lined up as such all week at training

Julius Sezer
12-04-13, 07:58 AM
Why couldn't Zillman shift to centre and move Mead to fullback?

Rage
12-04-13, 07:58 AM
Everyone always mentions Mead to fullback but how do you guys think he would go at centre?

Also, I heard Kelly finished session strongly so that'll be good news provided he's absolutely 100%.

Hail Sezer
12-04-13, 08:11 AM
All true mate :thumbsup:

they have lined up as such all week at training

Is Harrison starting at hooker? There has been speculation

psmitty
12-04-13, 08:44 AM
Too many changes to me. It smells of a disaster.

Harrison to hooker
Idris to the pack
Mead to centre
Don to wing
Michaels to the other centre

what then part way through??

Mead to fullback
Idris back to centres
Irwin to hooker
Zillman to halves

Too many changes for me. As much as i am not fussed on Michaels and Zillman I think stability is the key.

Zillman to stay at fullback
Michaels to fill in for Taka
Irwin to hooker and chalky when Irwin is off
Henry to fill in for Sezer
Idris and Mead to stay where they are.

I think although it is not our best team I think stability in positions is the key otherwise it will end up like last week.

Just my two cents.

DavidBouveng
12-04-13, 10:11 AM
Everyone always mentions Mead to fullback but how do you guys think he would go at centre?

Also, I heard Kelly finished session strongly so that'll be good news provided he's absolutely 100%.

Mead has carved Q cup at centre before ive been told.

him getting the ball more can only be a good thing

Dopamine
12-04-13, 10:22 AM

Thanks Pete :thumbsup:

Julius Sezer
12-04-13, 10:34 AM
This would have been better.
1. David Mead
2. Kevin Gordon
3. Steve Michaels
4. William Zillman
5. Anthony Don
6. Albert Kelly
7. Beau Henry

Idris to the pack is a good idea.

teke
12-04-13, 10:44 AM
Mead has carved Q cup at centre before ive been told.

him getting the ball more can only be a good thingEven at that young age it was obvious to me with the lines he ran and the speed he was willing to do it at that centre was a good fit for him.

Defense is another story though, he will have to make 20 more tackles than he is use to.

Titan Dad
12-04-13, 11:50 AM
Just finihed watching the Broncos replay.. We have been harping on about our defence. Well, Have a look at the game and watch Ryan James' flop tackles.
The tackles have already been effected in a dominant fashion and then he just comes along and flops in. He would have to lead the team and probably the NRL in flop tackles.
We need to smash Parra this week. ryan is something special, and needs to work to his strengths and that is his hard intiating contact style defence not flopping in and being credited with the tackle in the game stats.
If anybody has a few games from this year as I have they will see it for themselves.
I love this kid and he will definately play State of Origin in years to come and eventually represent Australia. Of this I have no doubt...:)

Titanic Believer
12-04-13, 11:53 AM
Too many changes for me. As much as i am not fussed on Michaels and Zillman I think stability is the key.

I tend to agree. While Idris is built like a second rower I think the more time he has in the centres the better (that goes for Taka as well). The ability to defend back line raids comes with a good understanding and trust of your inside and outside men. We have been exposed in every game in that area. Perhaps Carty sees this as a continuing weakness and he is looking for long term solution to this problem. But if it is a band aid solution.....well?

TITAN PETE
12-04-13, 12:01 PM
Titans v Eels preview
By Nigel Wall,
NRL.com
Thu 11th April, 3:45pm

The wounded Titans will be hoping their fans can give them a much-needed boost when they take to the field against the resurgent Eels and pull down the curtain on a drama-charged Heritage Round of rugby league on the Gold Coast strip on Monday night.

As if their growing injury list weren?t enough of a concern, amiable coach John Cartwright?s patience with star recruit Dave Taylor has worn out, with the Coal Train shunted to a siding for the next two weeks due to attitude concerns.

Add to that shining light Aidan Sezer?s unavailability through injury, uncertainty over halfback Albert Kelly, and last week?s other injuries to crafty hooker Matt Srama, centre Brad Takairangi and second-rower Ben Ridge, and the Titans will need to dig deep if they are to get the better of a Parramatta side still brimming with the confidence garnered from a stirring 13-6 defeat of Cronulla last Saturday.

At halftime in last week?s clash the Gold Coast appeared to be in a happy place. Sitting 5th on the ladder following three wins in the opening month of the season, they led their big brothers Brisbane 12-10 ? but they unravelled in the second stanza, the Broncos galloping over the top of them with 22 unanswered points.
They?ve slipped just one rung down the ladder but need to rally to be competitive here against Parramatta, who rode a wave of emotion to stun the Sharks in their Johnny Mannah Cup clash last week.

It was a stunning turnaround in commitment by the Eels following their embarrassing 50-nil defeat to the Roosters just five days before, after which their coach Ricky Stuart basically talked down the quality of their playing roster. That put-down certainly had the desired effect ? but the question remains as to whether they can deliver the skill, passion and execution required to compete with the best units on a regular basis.

Certainly they get their chance to show they have not just turned the corner but straightened the steering wheel when they take on the understrength Titans.

In a raft of Gold Coast team changes, John Cartwright has promoted Steve Michaels to cover for Takairangi at centre, shifted Greg Bird back to the second row for Ridge and called on Beau Henry to wear the No.6, recalled Luke O?Dwyer to start in the second row and named Beau Falloon to start at hooker for Srama. Mark Minichiello and Anthony Don are the new faces on the interchange.

Meanwhile Ricky Stuart has merely tweaked his victorious 17, with Mitch Allgood to start at prop and Fuifui Moimoi benched, and Joseph Paulo to start at lock and Kelepi Tanginoa benched.

Watch Out Titans: Approaching next week?s Representative Round and with Origin just around the corner, Jarryd Hayne is due a breakout game. The Eels? co-captain will fancy his chances of delivering a master class in creativity given the disruption to the Titans? roster.

In particular Titans stand-in five-eighth Beau Henry will be shuddering any time his team need to defend on their try line, with Hayne certain to target his edge of the field and chime in on second-man plays or deliver cut-out passes to his winger.
Hayne leads his teammates for line-break assists (with four) and has crossed for three tries. He?s only set up two tries to date ? but that tally is certain to be added to here. He?s on a high, too ? with 160 metres and six tackle busts from last week.

Watch Out Eels: Co-captains Greg Bird and Nate Myles, plus veteran interchange forward Luke Bailey, are the danger men Parramatta need to halt. The trio have built a great combination in the Titans? engine room, with their strong running and offloading keeping oppositions in two minds as they race to set their defensive lines.

Bird has made 12 offloads so far, the fifth most by any player in the comp, and his 136 metres a match are the second most behind Manly?s Anthony Watmough. Myles is charging to 116 metres a game from 64 minutes on the field and has made three offloads, while Bailey has made seven offloads and a 94-metre gain.

Overall the Titans rank fourth for offloads with 12.4 per game.

Plays To Watch: William Zillman and Jamal Idris leaving Parra defenders sprawled in their wake ? they have made 15 and 14 tackle busts respectively; Chris Sandow (four try assists and three tries) taking on the Titans defence and trailing his big forwards through the middle ? he scored a long-range try off a Fuifui Moimoi pass last time they met; Albert Kelly dodging through the centre of the ruck; and Tim Mannah (122 metres a match) continuing to lay the foundation for his team.

Key Match-Up: Both teams? front rows ? including their hookers. How they perform will go a long way to determining the winner. To date the Titans are grinding out good field position, totalling 1418 metres per match, while the Eels have been up and down in compiling their 1269-metre average (fourth fewest).

The Titans need more from Luke Douglas (81 metres) and also Ryan James (91 metres), while Falloon needs to call the shots from dummy-half with confidence.

Meanwhile Parramatta need more from Mitch Allgood (89 metres) and Darcy Lussick (82 metres), while hooker Matt Keating gets the chance to dominate his less-experienced opposite No.9.

Where It Will Be Won: Defence. Both sides are middle of the pack for tackling efficiency. While the Sea Eagles miss the fewest tackles per game in the league (16) and the Panthers miss the most (33), each of these sides have missed precisely 23.2 tackles per game to date. The misses have hurt the Eels more ? they are conceding 23.4 points per game (fifth most) while the Titans concede 13.6 points every 80 minutes (fourth fewest).

The History: Played 8; Titans 5, Eels 3. The Titans lead 3-1 in clashes at Skilled Park but more telling is the fact that Parramatta have won just four of 12 games played on the Gold Coast.

Match Officials: Referees ? Jason Robinson & Adam Gee; Sideline Officials ? Adam Reid & Clayton Sharpe; Video Referees ? Steve Chiddy & Matt Rodwell.

Televised: Fox Sports 1 ? Live 6.30pm.

The Way We See It: The Eels will never get a better opportunity to trampoline back to top form than against this week?s understrength opponent. Master motivator Ricky Stuart will ensure they are switched on. Parramatta by eight points.

shamus
12-04-13, 12:26 PM

Chalky to give away the first penalty of the game by hanging onto a leg.

Does it in the first few minutes every damn game.

Chaos
12-04-13, 12:52 PM
I don't mind Harrison starting at hooker just to take the sting out of the first stage of the game...then bring on young Irwin to play the rest of the game at dummy half and include Harrison in the back row.
I hope he doesn't waste furthur interchanges on hooker rotation.

hammer
12-04-13, 01:46 PM
Just finihed watching the Broncos replay.. We have been harping on about our defence. Well, Have a look at the game and watch Ryan James' flop tackles.
The tackles have already been effected in a dominant fashion and then he just comes along and flops in. He would have to lead the team and probably the NRL in flop tackles.
We need to smash Parra this week. ryan is something special, and needs to work to his strengths and that is his hard intiating contact style defence not flopping in and being credited with the tackle in the game stats.
If anybody has a few games from this year as I have they will see it for themselves.
I love this kid and he will definately play State of Origin in years to come and eventually represent Australia. Of this I have no doubt...:)

James Tamou also is a high offender in this area of the game!

DIEHARD
12-04-13, 02:24 PM
Gold Coast Titans v Parramatta Eels

Skilled Park, Sunday 6.30pm (AEST)
Last meeting: Round 24 2012 - Titans 24 bt Eels 16 at Skilled Park
Head-to-head: Titans 5 Eels 3
Referees: Jason Robinson, Adam Gee
TV: Live, FoxSports 1
TAB Sportsbet: Titans $1.65 Eels $2.30
FootyTab: Eels +4.5

Phil Mitchell writes: Parramatta halfback Chris Sandow would have slept a little easier after finding out Gold Coast forward Dave Taylor had been stood down for two weeks for disciplinary reasons. As a former teammate of Taylor’s at Souths, Sandow would know full well that the Titans man mountain loves to float around the field and terrorise the opposition’s smaller men. Many a halfback has been steamrolled by the “Coal Train” but Sandow will be spared the prospect of that indignity on Sunday as the Eels try to build on their morale-boosting upset of Cronulla last week.

The Titans have won four of five matches against Parramatta on the Gold Coast but have some key players out injured, including five-eighth Aidan Sezer and hooker Matt Srama. Halfback Albert Kelly is also under a fitness cloud.

Phil's tip: Titans by four.

AAP writes: Injuries and ill-discipline are threatening to stall the Titans' strong start to the season. Their halves are in disarray with Aidan Sezer out and Albert Kelly under a fitness cloud, causing plenty of headaches for coach John Cartwright who already went into the season thin on playmaking options.

Now star signing Dave Taylor has been stood down for breaching team policy. Luckily they come up against an Eels side struggling for consistency, but the resolve to hold Cronulla to just one try last week shows coach Ricky Stuart has something to work with.

Key: Which Jarryd Hayne will turn up this week? Captains are supposed to lead by example, and Hayne did that last week without hogging the limelight, though a few headline moments would no doubt be welcomed as well.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au

DIEHARD
12-04-13, 02:27 PM
The thrill of the Cheyse

http://media2.apnonline.com.au/img/media/images/2013/04/12/LNS_12-04-2013_SPORT_06_LIS110413BLAIR_fct1024x630x3_t460.jp g

MURWILLUMBAH-born rugby league player Cheyse Blair has come a long way in just over 12 months.

He made his NRL debut for the Parramatta Eels in the first round last year and was hopeful of stringing together a couple of games on the wing.

The 21-year-old has now played 26 NRL games and will get a chance at his preferred position of centre against the Gold Coast Titans at Skilled Park, Robina, on Sunday night.

It couldn't come at a better time for Blair - it's close to home with plenty of friends and family sure to make the trip from Murwillumbah and other parts of the Tweed.

While things might be on the up for Blair, it's been a mixed start to the season for other Northern Rivers players in NRL teams.

Casino product Matt King has had a nightmare start, re-breaking his arm playing for South Sydney feeder club the North Sydney Bears a fortnight ago.

It was his first game back after breaking the arm in the Rabbitohs' last game of the season in the preliminary final against the Melbourne Storm.

He had surgery last week and will be on the sidelines for at least 16 weeks.

Ballina junior Mitchell Aubusson has worked his way back into the starting line-up for the Sydney Roosters' big clash with the Canterbury Bulldogs at Allianz Stadium tonight.

Aubusson has been coming off the bench since the second round.

He will partner Sonny Bill Williams in the second row with Lismore-born Martin Kennedy also on the bench.

An injury to West Tigers five-eighth Benji Marshall could pave the way for the return of Mullumbimby junior Jacob Miller.

Miller wasn't named in the side this week but could be a late inclusion with Marshall set to missa month of football.

No such drama for Ballina junior Tyrone Roberts, who has made the

halfback position his own at the Newcastle Knights this season.

Having Kurt Gidley at hooker and Jarrod Mullen at five-eighth will only help the 21-year-old improve even more.

Former Grafton Ghosts fullback Anthony Don has been named to make his debut for the Titans on Sunday night.

Don played in the NRRRL in 2010, scoring 40 tries and kicking 71 goals in Ghosts' undefeated season.

Former Northern Rivers players David Mead and Luke Douglas have been consistent this season and will also be playing for the Titans on Sunday

http://www.northernstar.com.au

Surfers66
12-04-13, 02:40 PM
Why isnt Dave Taylor playing QCup?

We are 4th in offloads and this coincides with our Ladder position.
Offloads will be a major factor in who wins the comp.
I am only guessing that last year we were last in this area. Or 11th as our ladder position suggested.

Hail Sezer
12-04-13, 02:55 PM
Why isnt Dave Taylor playing QCup?

We are 4th in offloads and this coincides with our Ladder position.
Offloads will be a major factor in who wins the comp.
I am only guessing that last year we were last in this area. Or 11th as our ladder position suggested.

He would be but Tweed have a bye this weekend. He'll play next week

Surfers66
12-04-13, 04:59 PM
He would be but Tweed have a bye this weekend. He'll play next week

Alrighty, could play for southport tigers then..........
Or make him climb Mt Warning Saturday and Sunday mornings.

Supergoose
12-04-13, 05:46 PM
Mt Warning is out...

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2013/04/11/450145_tweed-byron-news.html

TITAN PETE
13-04-13, 07:29 AM
Looks like we could be in for a very wet game of footy tomorrow as it has rained here all night & doesn't look like easing up, expected to keep raining till late next week..

We have the forwards to just roll forward all day with Henry's kicking becoming more important now.

Tamwelg
13-04-13, 07:53 AM
Looks like we could be in for a very wet game of footy tomorrow as it has rained here all night & doesn't look like easing up, expected to keep raining till late next week..

We have the forwards to just roll forward all day with Henry's kicking becoming more important now.

I think a wet track will go in our favour. I'm becoming more confident of a win.

Smakked
13-04-13, 12:23 PM
I think a wet track will go in our favour. I'm becoming more confident of a win.

Yeah i agree, we seem to play well in the wet.

Hail Sezer
13-04-13, 12:25 PM
Kelly officially cleared to play.

Going to be a hard grind of a game in the wet.

Julius Sezer
13-04-13, 12:53 PM
Its best to keep it to a grind as Parra's forwards are no match for ours.

TitansFan2020
13-04-13, 02:07 PM
I'm cleared to attend aswell! Unfortunately because of the weather I won't be in character but i'll see DIEHARD and others in the legion who know who i really am.

Have a great weekend and go get em titans!

titanfan1980
13-04-13, 08:45 PM

What he is doing is tie-ing to the tackle.. To slow the play the play the ball down have you not watched a Melbourne storm game in the past 5 years? It's why there the best team in the comp defensively.. Here's an idea for you time the tackles where he ties in they will be 3-4 seconds longer then any of our other tackles. Which is what every team in the nrl aims for but can't do as good as Melbourne.

DIEHARD
13-04-13, 11:04 PM
I'm cleared to attend aswell! Unfortunately because of the weather I won't be in character but i'll see DIEHARD and others in the legion who know who i really am.

Have a great weekend and go get em titans!

Haha good stuff mate. Ill introduce you to some other people you may not have already met. Strength in networking. :)

So we talking about a wet track? Or is it gonna rain? Id like to avoid that!

DIEHARD
13-04-13, 11:05 PM
Kelly officially cleared to play.

Going to be a hard grind of a game in the wet.

Forwards are gonna have to earn their pay tomorrow.

Hayne is definitely going to have a blinder. We need to shut him down. We need to score points as well, cant count on defence.

DIEHARD
13-04-13, 11:09 PM
All hands on deck for Titans

CLICK TO VIEW TITANSTV VIDEO (http://www.titans.com.au/news-display/All-hands-on-deck-for-Titans/72283)

It?s all hands on deck this weekend as the iSelect Titans prepare to battle the Eels at Skilled Park without six regular first graders.

With the club hit by a shocking injury toll over the past seven days, the Titans have been forced to reshuffle their line-up and blood two NRL debutants.

However, forward Ryan James says the predicament allows the club to offer new opportunities, with Anthony Don and Sam Irwin given the chance to launch NRL careers and Mark Minichiello also hoping to reignite his.

With Irwin making his debut, lock Ashley Harrison is expected to see some game time at dummy half to help fill the void left by regular hookers Matt Srama and Beau Falloon.

Despite the Titans having their backs against the wall, Luke O?Dwyer expects the new blood to do the job in Sunday nights game against the Eels, saying says injuries are a part and parcel of life in the NRL.

http://www.titans.com.au

DIEHARD
14-04-13, 03:56 AM
CLICK HERE TO BUY TICKETS (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=TIT0613)

Noddy1979
14-04-13, 07:58 AM
Have you seen Harrison pass left to right? It usually has the Benny hill music playing when he does.

karnage
14-04-13, 10:27 AM
So with Kelly cleared to play do we still have a winger on the bench?? I don't really care at all for the 'feel good' selection - I just want the right balance for the team. I don't see how that is possible with a winger on the bench.

Tamwelg
14-04-13, 10:30 AM
So with Kelly cleared to play do we still have a winger on the bench?? I don't really care at all for the 'feel good' selection - I just want the right balance for the team. I don't see how that is possible with a winger on the bench.

Oh Karnage where have you been. No winger on the bench mate.

karnage
14-04-13, 10:49 AM
Oh Karnage where have you been. No winger on the bench mate.

Ok... yesterday was a big race day and I spent all night Friday and yesterday in the form. What's the latest?? APologies if this is repeating earlier coments in this spread but I've looked through the last few pages and can't see anything.

Titanic
14-04-13, 10:50 AM
What is the team anybody, pretty please?

Hail Sezer
14-04-13, 10:52 AM
Ok... yesterday was a big race day and I spent all night Friday and yesterday in the form. What's the latest?? APologies if this is repeating earlier coments in this spread but I've looked through the last few pages and can't see anything.

Don to start, mead to centre, idris to pack, harrison to hooker. sam irwin to debut also, from the bench is my understanding

Chaos
14-04-13, 10:52 AM
No winger on the bench mate.

I'm confused...who's out?

Titanic
14-04-13, 10:59 AM
1. Zillman
2. Gordon
3. Michaels
4. Mead
5. Don
6. Henry
7. Kelly

This much I get it ... well sort of anyway :)

8. Bailey
9. Harrison
10. Myles
11. O'Dwyer
12. Idris
13. Bird

14. Douglas
15. James
16. Minichiello
17. Irwin

Is this it?

TITAN PETE
14-04-13, 11:06 AM
My weather prediction yesterday looks to be spot on.....Not :?)

Expect a nice dry track for tonight's game :thumbsup:

karnage
14-04-13, 11:08 AM
Harrison at hooker?? Seriously!! He has never looked anything like a hooker at all.:ugh:

So Don is likely to get 80 minutes then or are we going to see a three-way move when Idris returns to the field with Mead back to the wing and Don off to the pine?? The way this team looks Carty might need one of those little white boards you see in basketball or AFL to track all the personnel changes.

Boofhead
14-04-13, 11:15 AM
Backrowers playing at hooker, Centres playing in the pack, Wingers playing in the centers...

It's not going to pretty win or lose.

Mexican titan
14-04-13, 12:12 PM
My weather prediction yesterday looks to be spot on.....Not :?)

Expect a nice dry track for tonight's game :thumbsup:

Unbelievable day after yesterday's deluge. Let's hope it stays clear. As suspected the crowd will not be good - bought a ticket for a mate late last night and the pax was 11.600.

hammer
14-04-13, 01:38 PM

In some ways I am a little disappointed that in Heritage Week we are not playing in our existing Heritage Jersey or a new one...IMHO it seems the club has not maximised the possibilities of the Heritage Week concept.

I just love seeing the Heritage jerseys (loved seeing the Cowboys in theirs on Friday night) and the fans in their old jerseys.

Just a missed opportunity really IMO.

DIEHARD
14-04-13, 01:44 PM
I love Heritage Round and Heritage jerseys. But it's a bit bogus this year. With so little relevance and only 3-4 games making sense in historic terms.

Still to celebrate. Me and a friend are wearing Gold Coast Dolphins jerseys!

thelwall
14-04-13, 01:46 PM
just was on the para forum and they think they have this in the bag.
1. i hope someone runs straight over the top of sandow
2. we should run at roberts as soon as he is on the field he is hopeless.
3. the hayne plane will not by flying in skilled park

DIEHARD
14-04-13, 02:53 PM
just was on the para forum and they think they have this in the bag.
1. i hope someone runs straight over the top of sandow
2. we should run at roberts as soon as he is on the field he is hopeless.
3. the hayne plane will not by flying in skilled park

Thanks the surveillance and motivation to wipe the smug smiles off their faces.

Don't forget 2009 when these bastards knocked us out of the Finals. (They have been rubbish ever since)

Harrison at hooker. He won let us down. But our game plan will take a major hit here. I expect a tradesmen like effort.

Im kind of excited. I don't know what is going to happen! But I'm confident that we can win. We need to steamroll Sandow and shoot down the Hayne Plane.

DIEHARD
14-04-13, 02:54 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/NRL/324DA92C-956A-40EF-9C39-D1059933F691-4354-000003F17E04EC84_zps650a792a.jpg

DIEHARD
14-04-13, 03:22 PM
Gonna get some lunch with Sydney Ttans Fanatic at RTC. I brought his Greg Bird banner.

Titanic
14-04-13, 03:39 PM
But our game plan will take a major hit here.
You do mean this in a positive sense I assume? :)

Hail Sezer
14-04-13, 05:37 PM
Eels NYC team currently winning 32-10

Matty Russell at halftime was 78m from 7 carries, 1 try assist, 4 tackle breaks, 5 tackles, 1 offload & 1 line-break

Julius Sezer
14-04-13, 05:43 PM
Our forward pack will still be strong which is Parra's major weakpoint. I'm expecting Mini to show some aggression when he takes to the field. Don is a surprise package and also Idris in the pack might be good as he can target Sandow. Beau Henry could surprise us today. So i'm actually excited with what the team can bring today.

gotitans101_
14-04-13, 05:48 PM
Sezer on ABC grandstand atm.

Hail Sezer
14-04-13, 05:50 PM
Sezer on ABC grandstand atm.

Cheers mate. Listening now.

Julius Sezer
14-04-13, 05:57 PM
Cheers mate. Listening now.

what he is saying?

WarriorsFan
14-04-13, 05:58 PM
Parra will be far too strong in my eyes. Chris Sandow is a class above the likes of Albert Kelly and Hayne is going to run riot. Comfortable win for the Eels.

Hail Sezer
14-04-13, 06:00 PM
what he is saying?

Just talked about the injuries to the team, preparation and players debuting.

Julius Sezer
14-04-13, 06:11 PM
Parra will be far too strong in my eyes. Chris Sandow is a class above the likes of Albert Kelly

I LOL'd at this real hard.

Tamwelg
14-04-13, 06:15 PM
Parra will be far too strong in my eyes. Chris Sandow is a class above the likes of Albert Kelly and Hayne is going to run riot. Comfortable win for the Eels.

Hi my name if WarriorsFan, I'll be here all week.

Julius Sezer
14-04-13, 06:17 PM
Sucks to be a WarriorsFan.

WarriorsFan
14-04-13, 06:20 PM
Good luck guys but I'm rooting for the Eels

Julius Sezer
14-04-13, 06:36 PM
Good luck guys but I'm rooting for the Eels

So you only support crap teams i.e. Warriors and now Eels?

Hail Sezer
14-04-13, 06:38 PM
Harro first semi long pass from dummy half goes to ground. Not ideal

Hail Sezer
14-04-13, 06:39 PM
And a dropped ball.

Not ideal at all

Titanic
14-04-13, 06:39 PM
harrison never looked at it

Titanic
14-04-13, 06:46 PM
wtf on the 5th?

Hail Sezer
14-04-13, 06:46 PM
Hey our fullback made a linebreak

Titanic
14-04-13, 06:48 PM
we were really lucky there ... contested in the air but will take it

Hail Sezer
14-04-13, 06:48 PM
Yes Henry!!!!!

Don try on debut!!!

Titanic
14-04-13, 06:49 PM
good try and great for a debut at 25 ... well deserved

WarriorsFan
Terrible game so far

Julius Sezer
beautiful pass. Beautiful try.

Julius Sezer
14-04-13, 06:50 PM
Terrible game so far

Dont watch it then if you cant stand 14 mins of footy.

Titanic
14-04-13, 06:50 PM
great kick Henry

WarriorsFan
14-04-13, 06:51 PM
Dont watch it then if you cant stand 14 mins of footy.

Whats your beef bro? I came here to talk league

thelwall
henry on fire so far

Julius Sezer
Whats your beef bro? I came here to talk league

come to talk league? Or just come to shi* talk in general about the Titans

Titanic
14-04-13, 06:57 PM
O'Dwyer is a liability

Titanic
14-04-13, 06:58 PM
he ran straight past Mead

Julius Sezer
14-04-13, 06:58 PM
dissapointing defence there

WarriorsFan
14-04-13, 07:00 PM
Nice work Eels!

Hail Sezer
14-04-13, 07:01 PM
Ffs O'dwyer. So ill disciplined

gotitans101_

It was Kelly's man but he completely missed him

Luke O'dumbass strikes again. Never understood why we resigned this guy.

Julius Sezer
O' Dywer gives away way too many penalties/errors

Julius Sezer
14-04-13, 07:02 PM

I thought it was Kelly but i might be wrong

Hail Sezer
14-04-13, 07:05 PM
Michaels and Zillman defensive combo strikes!

WarriorsFan
14-04-13, 07:06 PM
Nice, Eels getting on top now :)

lonegull
14-04-13, 07:07 PM
Eels are killing us on the edges, titans are very disorganised on the edges I hate to say it this early but may be a long night

Julius Sezer
14-04-13, 07:09 PM
omfg whats going on with our defence

Titanic
14-04-13, 07:09 PM
at least we've got a dummy half out there

lonegull
14-04-13, 07:10 PM
Irwin made more metres in 1 run then odywer did in 5

Nick
14-04-13, 07:11 PM
Eels are playing pretty well and getting fast play the balls, we have not put a player on their back in a tackle yet. Some pretty poor defending around the edges so far.

On the other hand I am very happy with Don getting first try, he was paying a nice $17.. now for Gordon to get last try scorer and Ill be very satisfied!

They have vulnerable edge defence we just need to get a roll forward in the middle first!

little sam looks good thus far. Harro in hooker scares me.. Michaels in a jersey scares me.

Titanic
14-04-13, 07:15 PM
is it possible to make any more fundamental errors?

Titanic
14-04-13, 07:17 PM
oh yes we can ... Zillman running that play and not looking at the ball ... pathetic

Nick
14-04-13, 07:17 PM
Irwin great technique with his tackling, he really uses that strong low leg drive he has..

Meady needs to realise he is very fast and actually use this to get around his man.

Hail Sezer
14-04-13, 07:18 PM
is it possible to make any more fundamental errors?

This. So frustrating

Julius Sezer
we can win this match if we hold onto the damn ball ffs. We have attacked well.

WarriorsFan
The Eels have too much class for this Titans outfit you would have to think unfortunately.

titanfan1980
14-04-13, 07:19 PM
F**k me! Micheals terrible! Harrison Terrible! Going sooo bad why are taking 2 against a team that 2 weeks ago had 50 put on them??

Chaserz
Last ten minutes were rubbish :doh:

lonegull
One of the worst halfs a football I have ever watched absolute rubbish, titans playing without any structure what so ever thank god we are only playing the eels

Julius Sezer
14-04-13, 07:21 PM
shocking defense around the edges. We need a fired up Carty to inspire the team for the 2nd half.

Titanic
14-04-13, 07:23 PM
O'Dwyer should never play in the firsts again. There are worse players out there than Michaels at the moment. Our forward pack, the one that is raved about every week, is getting owned by these blokes.

Rage
14-04-13, 07:23 PM
The team is actually making good metres and would probably be able to score some tries if they would stop dropping the ball and throwing hospital passes

lonegull
14-04-13, 07:25 PM
It's time to blood hymel hunt, surely can't get any worse than Michaels

Smakked
14-04-13, 07:26 PM
Flash backs to 2011 utter garbage

Titanic
14-04-13, 07:28 PM
The team is actually making good metres and would probably be able to score some tries if they would stop dropping the ball and throwing hospital passes

We are making good meters and then they are making more ... that's being owned.

Chaserz
14-04-13, 07:29 PM
I can only hope for a legendary 2nd half comeback vs the Eels like they did that in August 2010. If they keep on going like the first half, I just fear for what will happen in the next 40 minutes.

Rage
14-04-13, 07:32 PM
We are making good meters and then they are making more ... that's being owned.

Yeah...just trying to see what an optimistic approach feels like haha

Titanic
14-04-13, 07:36 PM
****ing zillman

Hail Sezer
14-04-13, 07:37 PM
This is ****ing terrible

Titanic
14-04-13, 07:38 PM
omg ... how pathetic

Titanic
14-04-13, 07:39 PM
Zillman is totally farked

lonegull
14-04-13, 07:40 PM
Great pass by zillman hits row 26

Hail Sezer
When was the last time we completed a set

titanfan1980
Hahahaha zillman hahahaha and we didn't want josh Dugan???

Julius Sezer
14-04-13, 07:41 PM
this is disgraceful

Titanic
yes we are one really piss poor defensive team

titanfan1980
So he throws it out... Then gets out jumped? Wow he's terrible

lonegull
14-04-13, 07:42 PM
Another great attempt by zillman didn't even contest the bomb what a shocker