Rabbitohs
Coming Soon

Coach: Michael Maguire

TITAN PETE
26-03-13, 12:16 PM
Barba is ready for NRL comeback say Dogs

RSS
James MacSmith AAP Tue, Mar 26, 2013 - 12:46 PM

Canterbury star Josh Reynolds says Ben Barba is ready to make his NRL comeback but the club is remaining coy on whether the superstar fullback will return in the big Good Friday clash with unbeaten South Sydney.

Speculation is strong that the 2012 Dally M Medal winner will play his first game in Bulldogs colours this season against the Rabbitohs after being indefinitely suspended over gambling and alcohol issues on February 25.

"I think he is ready," Reynolds said on Tuesday.

"Talking to him, he is in a good state but it is up to Des (coach Des Hasler) and it is up to him."

"But he has come back with a real positive attitude to training and that has been good for the playing group because everyone was hoping he would be okay.

"If he does end up playing, it will be a real positive for us."

With Hasler set to name his team on Tuesday afternoon, skipper Michael Ennis insisted the side were still in the dark about Barba's return.

"I'm not sure if he will play," Ennis said.

"Des has already stated in the last few weeks he will make a decision midweek and he will announce that later this week.

"Ben is in great shape. He had a wonderful pre-season which was obviously disrupted for a period of time in February.

"But he is back at training now and he is working really hard to get into shape and the key is he feels good about himself now and his head is where it needs to be."

Last year's grand finalists lost their opening-round clash with North Queensland, beat Parramatta in round two and lost to Melbourne in round three.

A loss to the Rabbitohs would leave them with ground to make up early in the season.

Backrower Frank Pritchard is also likely to return for the Dogs but prop Sam Kasiano is expected to remain sidelined.

Toads
26-03-13, 01:59 PM
I find it hard to believe that someone that apparently went off the rails to the extent that Ben did. Can find themselves on their feet with it all behind them, within a 2 month timeframe.

Admittedly, getting back on the paddock sooner rather than later may help his recovery. But if he hasn't hit rock bottom and fully acknowledge and addressed the problems within his life. There's a good chance he'll slide back into his old ways again soon enough.

I hope for Ben's sake their not rushing him back before his ready.

Chaos
26-03-13, 08:50 PM
I find it hard to believe that someone that apparently went off the rails to the extent that Ben did. Can find themselves on their feet with it all behind them, within a 2 month timeframe.

Admittedly, getting back on the paddock sooner rather than later may help his recovery. But if he hasn't hit rock bottom and fully acknowledge and addressed the problems within his life. There's a good chance he'll slide back into his old ways again soon enough.

I hope for Ben's sake their not rushing him back before his ready.

Barba's life will be better playing footy and the Bulldogs are a better side with him in it...it's a win-win.

I teach my kids to jump straight back on their bike if they fall off..if they sit around feeling sorry for themselves that get left behind.

DIEHARD
27-03-13, 01:12 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/166748_519952678045980_1390711183_n.jpg

Toads
27-03-13, 08:44 AM
Barba's life will be better playing footy and the Bulldogs are a better side with him in it...it's a win-win.

I teach my kids to jump straight back on their bike if they fall off..if they sit around feeling sorry for themselves that get left behind.

I think you'll find most parents will encourage their kids to get back on their bike after a spill. :)

But I'm not sure what comparisons can be made, with someone falling off their bike, and dealing with a individual that may engage in Anti-Social Behaviour and a Gambling Addiction.. As well as the other issue of a Family being emotionally torn to pieces, when parents go their separate ways.

Unfortunately, many folks only see what's happening in Ben's life. When in fact, there's another 3 people directly affected by his apparent actions.

By the way, this isn't intended to be a shot at Ben. I'm just attempting to highlight what may be happening behind the scenes. Quite a few Australian Families may find themselves in a similar predicament as Ben's Family. It does take it's toll on family members, and eventually on our society in general.. :(

EDIT: I honestly hope Ben's Family can re-unite and rekindle the strong bond that they apparently shared. If all the issues within their relationship can be resolved. The mended Family unit would be more beneficial to Ben's recovery, than what a Club of any sort can offer (I tend to believe). :)

Chaos
27-03-13, 06:33 PM
I think you'll find most parents will encourage their kids to get back on their bike after a spill. :)

But I'm not sure what comparisons can be made, with someone falling off their bike, and dealing with a individual that may engage in Anti-Social Behaviour and a Gambling Addiction.. As well as the other issue of a Family being emotionally torn to pieces, when parents go their separate ways.

Unfortunately, many folks only see what's happening in Ben's life. When in fact, there's another 3 people directly affected by his apparent actions.

By the way, this isn't intended to be a shot at Ben. I'm just attempting to highlight what may be happening behind the scenes. Quite a few Australian Families may find themselves in a similar predicament as Ben's Family. It does take it's toll on family members, and eventually on our society in general.. :(

EDIT: I honestly hope Ben's Family can re-unite and rekindle the strong bond that they apparently shared. If all the issues within their relationship can be resolved. The mended Family unit would be more beneficial to Ben's recovery, than what a Club of any sort can offer (I tend to believe). :)

That last part you mention is important and I think he will be better for having a break from the game but the quicker he gets back to what he is good at, the quicker his mental recovery.
We don't want him spiraling into depression but time away from the game can be a healthy thing.