PDA

View Full Version : Weather 2013

DIEHARD
27-01-13, 06:42 PM
How is everyone coping with this insane weather?

Holding down OK here.

Toads
27-01-13, 07:01 PM
Well, where I am (Childers). We had 485mm in that little downpour over the last couple of days. Localised flooding with minor damage around the area. The worst thing about the ordeal was the wind gusts, last night I'd put them at 100-130kph at times. Quite scary stuff.

It's all cleared up now 'n come tomorrow morning I'm guessing there'll be little evidence that we had such a wild weather event.

Here's hoping everyone else fares well. :)

shamus
27-01-13, 07:23 PM
Hopefully I will stay out of trouble. I need the wind direction to change (which ain't gunna happen) as the rain is pelting into my car port and in turn slowly entering into my 'man shed' where I have my brand new million dollar* pool table. (Xmas present)

I have towels, tarps etc by the hundreds and every 30 minutes have to go into the shed to broom away the water....It is gunna be a long night... :ugh: I think I have enough beer though! :ugh:

*I slightly overvalued the table but it is worth a mill to me.

For those that say 'move the table' I would not be lying if I say it weighs in excess of 150kgs.

TITAN PETE
27-01-13, 09:22 PM
:fight:
Hopefully I will stay out of trouble. I need the wind direction to change (which ain't gunna happen) as the rain is pelting into my car port and in turn slowly entering into my 'man shed' where I have my brand new million dollar* pool table. (Xmas present)

I have towels, tarps etc by the hundreds and every 30 minutes have to go into the shed to broom away the water....It is gunna be a long night... :ugh: I think I have enough beer though! :ugh:

*I slightly overvalued the table but it is worth a mill to me.

For those that say 'move the table' I would not be lying if I say it weighs in excess of 150kgs.

I would come down & help u move the table but I need a boat to get out of our place, can't even drive to the club :boo:

Tamwelg
27-01-13, 09:48 PM
Had about 250mm rain constant light to occasional medium down pour, a little gusty now and then, but apart from that no issues here.

shamus
28-01-13, 02:40 AM
Bugger........outa beer. :mad:

DIEHARD
28-01-13, 03:00 AM
How is the table
?

shamus
28-01-13, 10:19 AM
How is the table
?

It survived. I was up until 3am until the heavy rain ceased. I was never overly concerned. In the grand scheme of things the most damage that would have happened is water damage to the legs. In the end I got some sleep but I am sure there are a few hundred (maybe thousands) that have not got to bed yet and are struggling to save their possessions.

DIEHARD
28-01-13, 08:23 PM
Yea... the videos on the tv are terrifying...

My heart really breaks for those that may have been his twice and still recovering from 2011...

Chaserz
29-01-13, 06:17 PM
Man, mother nature is really pissed off over the last few years it seems. Apparently, cars are so 2010, boats are your best choice now!

Jokes aside, sorry to hear some of the folks out there are suffering for a second time in such short time span >_<

DIEHARD
29-01-13, 06:36 PM
Terrible stories about one poor lady spent her life savings to repair in 2011. Got smashed again. Uninsured. Said she lost her mum in June and her wedding and engagement rings and photos were in the house.

I hope some can be recovered.

Sydney Titans Fanatic
29-01-13, 08:15 PM
stay safe guys thinking about you from sunny sydney