View Full Version : Round 10 2013: BRONCOS vs TITANS

Pages : [1] 2

DIEHARD
05-01-13, 09:07 PM
Brisbane Broncos vs Gold Coast Titans
Friday May 17 7:35 PM - Suncorp Stadium

DIEHARD
10-05-13, 09:25 PM
Always circled in my calendar as the biggest game of the season.

Winning at the Home of QLD Rugby League. (Not the Broncos) and before all the fans and media. Respect.

I hope this game gets the crowd that it deserves, because Derbies is something I care about.

DIEHARD
10-05-13, 11:49 PM
BUY TICKETS HERE (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=BRO1013#.UYz6yLVkOSo)

TITAN PETE
11-05-13, 09:29 PM
Looks like Princess will be out of this match after doing a hamstring or finger nail in their loss to Parra , yes I said Parra :laugh:

hammer
12-05-13, 07:18 PM
Picked up my tickets for the Broncos match from the Membership Tent at Skilled Park today...I am in Bay 316.
I am assuming all the travelling Titans will be in this vicinity.

DIEHARD
12-05-13, 07:37 PM
Is Hennant gonna be out? McGuire suspended? What about Hodges?

DIEHARD
12-05-13, 07:37 PM
I got my ticket in the away supporters bay. I will clear my big Titans flag.

DavidBouveng
12-05-13, 08:00 PM
If anyone has any last minute spares late in the week, Let me know. Didnt act and get mine while I could.

Will give u some cash or buy u a few beers!

teke
12-05-13, 09:17 PM
Is Hennant gonna be out? McGuire suspended? What about Hodges?they could all be out, hannant didn't waste anytime getting off the field last night.

Smakked
12-05-13, 09:22 PM
Where is everyone getting tickets, did you get them for free am i missing something?

DavidBouveng
12-05-13, 09:27 PM
Where is everyone getting tickets, did you get them for free am i missing something?

If u bought ur membership before we moved a home game to the bush, u could either have that game or get a ticket to the broncs game due to losing a game.

Had to reply though by last Friday if u wanted a ticket.

Smakked
12-05-13, 09:44 PM
If u bought ur membership before we moved a home game to the bush, u could either have that game or get a ticket to the broncs game due to losing a game.

Had to reply though by last Friday if u wanted a ticket.

Nice so no notification about it, just checked all my emails not a thing, ah well, probably couldn't have got it anyway as i couldn't make the game

Coaster
12-05-13, 09:51 PM
Nice so no notification about it, just checked all my emails not a thing, ah well, probably couldn't have got it anyway as i couldn't make the game

Is this a joke.

Smakked
12-05-13, 09:56 PM
Is this a joke.

No Why ?

DavidBouveng
12-05-13, 10:03 PM

man i got heaps of reminders about it.

at least 4 different emails i would say.

do titans have the correct email for you? i get the weekly titans news thing which had it on there, as well as other emails.

its also possible that you signed up when we were only advertising 11 home games as part of the membership. but i dont know really, so i dont really want to assume anything

Smakked
12-05-13, 10:05 PM
man i got heaps of reminders about it.

at least 4 different emails i would say.

do titans have the correct email for you? i get the weekly titans news thing which had it on there, as well as other emails.

More likely is that you signed up when we were only advertising 1 home games as part of the membership. but i dont know really, so to assume anything

Yep i get them every week but one thing i just noticed, they call me Edmund ?
just checking them again to make sure

Well **** me , found it :|

SOrry nothing to see here move along..........

DavidBouveng
12-05-13, 10:12 PM

nice work Ed.

DavidBouveng
12-05-13, 10:17 PM

This is post of the year imo.

im still laughing. its like your having a convo as your writing, and learning things on the run... gold my friend.

also, if ur name isnt edmund, what is it? i would have picked you as an Eddie from way back.

Smakked
12-05-13, 10:39 PM
My name is Adrian, so not even close LOL

Im still shaking my head how i missed it, NFI.

shamus
13-05-13, 01:48 PM
Got my 4 tickets....Southern Stand (Milton Rd) Gate B Aisle 512 Row 45....

Please tell me this is not the Home Bay!!:ugh:

TITAN PETE
13-05-13, 02:47 PM
Got my 4 tickets....Southern Stand (Milton Rd) Gate B Aisle 512 Row 45....

Please tell me this is not the Home Bay!!:ugh:

Nah mate i'm pretty sure they don't put the Home Bay in the nose bleeds :laugh:

DavidBouveng
13-05-13, 03:21 PM

Genuine lol.

shamus
13-05-13, 03:22 PM

Not that bad.....Maybe one nostril. There is another Tier behind us.:ugh:

DIEHARD
13-05-13, 03:39 PM
Broncos don't even have a home bay!

Looks like McGuire will take the early guilty plea and avoid suspension?

DIEHARD
13-05-13, 05:16 PM
We really need to be using players such as James, Taylor and Idris to be punching holes in the Broncos line, especially close to the try line. We just aren't making use of these gems.

Really impressed with Idris this year, in attack and defence. He was backing up tackles yesterday.

Geeman
13-05-13, 05:19 PM
I was impressed with Taylors effort against the dragons, hopefully he is starting to sort himself out and he can do it again this week

DIEHARD
13-05-13, 05:25 PM
The Rehab Ward - Round 10

This week on The Rehab Ward we receive injury updates on Nate Myles, William Zillman, Brad Takairangi, Matt Srama, Luke O'Dwyer and Matt White.

iSelect Titans physiotherapist Greg Condon also shows us an exercise that will assist it preventing shoulder dislocation, with Matt Russell injuring his shoulder at the weekend.

To view the video simply CLICK HERE (http://www.titans.com.au/news-display/titans/74565)

DIEHARD
13-05-13, 05:43 PM
McGuire Cleared To Take On Titans

JOSH McGuire will be free to play against the Titans on Friday despite being charged by the NRL video review panel for an incident out of Saturday's match against the Eels.

McGuire was handed a grade one charge out of a fracas involving Eels' prop Mitch Allgood.

Both were sent to the sin bin immediately following the incident.

However McGuire's clean record will allow him to take an early guilty plea on the striking charge and accrue only 93 demerit points.
Players need 100 demerit points to miss a match.

McGuire was not the only player charged out of the 19-18 loss to Parramatta with Eels Darcy Lussick given a grade one contrary conduct charge for fighting from the same incident.

Lussick can take a one-match suspension with an early guilty plea.

Rabbitoh Andrew Everingham faces three weeks on the sideline for a shoulder charge on Cowboy Matt Bowen. He can cut it to two with an early guilty plea.
Panther Mose Masoe will be free to play with an early guilty plea on a dangerous conduct charge.

http://www.broncos.com.au/news-display/McGuire-Cleared-To-Take-On-Titans/74566

DIEHARD
13-05-13, 05:46 PM
What time is this match? 7 or 7.30?

Foxtel lists it as 7pm. If they plan on doing this, they need to friggin make sure everyone knows. Including emailing ticket holders. 7pm is a disgrace, its hard enough to get to games after work on a friday.

We will have to do all we can to make sure that people know the time. Thats just really unfair on fans coming from the GC and other areas... They had better have a good reason for this!

DIEHARD
13-05-13, 05:47 PM
Are they just pulling forward the telecast time for more added fluff?

DIEHARD
13-05-13, 06:02 PM
OK gang, broadcast begins at 7 but kick off is 7.30

GOATUS
13-05-13, 06:09 PM
Tom Waterhouse has paid off channel 9 to start the telecast at 7pm so he can flog his scum ass gambling ads more

gotitans101_
13-05-13, 06:13 PM
We really need to be using players such as James, Taylor and Idris to be punching holes in the Broncos line,

That's where I think we're really missing White. Always made good metres on the back of his runs. Not happy Mcquire gets to play, sets a bad standard for the game but I believe they'll still be missing a couple of others. I always worry when we play the Broncos - they always seem to get the better of us when both teams are fairly evenly matched.

Julius Sezer
13-05-13, 06:25 PM
Idris has been great. Knowing there is no structure for him to get involved as a centre he moves into the middle of the field and injects himself into the game. Also almost gets a linebreak assist every game (another playmaker? :)). Seems to know when to pass to Mead and is a defensive machine. Also has a nice combo going with Zillman when he makes a lateral move.

I am truly happy for him considering how poor he was last year. Preseason paid off for him.

DIEHARD
13-05-13, 06:33 PM
Tom Waterhouse has paid off channel 9 to start the telecast at 7pm so he can flog his scum ass gambling ads more

It wouldnt surprise me!! 2nd most hated person in Australia!

DIEHARD
13-05-13, 06:34 PM
That's where I think we're really missing White. Always made good metres on the back of his runs. Not happy Mcquire gets to play, sets a bad standard for the game but I believe they'll still be missing a couple of others. I always worry when we play the Broncos - they always seem to get the better of us when both teams are fairly evenly matched.

Yea, regardless of where we both are on the ladder, its a whole new ball game.

hatchy84
13-05-13, 06:57 PM
Think idris needs an early run from dummy half and put teams on the back foot noticed on the weekend 1st and2nd tackle we were 1out to mead and Gordon and they wernt making any decent metres most teams have early runs from the play the ball and gets them on the front foot taufua and Williams for manly gets them a massive advantage putting it out there I think idris has been consistant as bird this year has to be in our top 3 so far this year

DavidBouveng
13-05-13, 07:55 PM
It wouldnt surprise me!! 2nd most hated person in Australia!

Second to Kevin Rudd? :poke:

DavidBouveng
13-05-13, 07:57 PM
Just a reminder if anyone has spares , I'm keen for 2 tickets, as my father in law, who I took to the dragons game, is keen for more titans!

Talking about ppl who maybe realise later in week that they can't make it. Happy to give some dollars.

Keep me in mind, cheers.

DIEHARD
13-05-13, 07:58 PM
Second to Kevin Rudd? :poke:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/524583_515416735161294_1969127155_n.jpg

DIEHARD
13-05-13, 08:04 PM
Just a reminder if anyone has spares , I'm keen for 2 tickets, as my father in law, who I took to the dragons game, is keen for more titans!

Talking about ppl who maybe realise later in week that they can't make it. Happy to give some dollars.

Keep me in mind, cheers.

You wanna be in the Titans Bay? Otherwise maybe trying to buy tickets nearby might be the way.

I only got 1 "free" ticket to the Titans Bay, and this isn't really enough for me. I think alot of fans would feel the same way.

By offering a restricted amount of tickets, which is tied to memberships (Purchased before a date last year), are we limiting the amount of people who might attend over all?

DavidBouveng
13-05-13, 08:06 PM
Yeah I guess I'll try nearby. Which bay is titans bay so far looking like being?

DIEHARD
13-05-13, 08:09 PM
Scans confirm Brisbane Broncos prop Ben Hannant will miss State of Origin series opener

Brisbane Broncos captain Sam Thaiday believes Queensland have enough front-row options to cover for teammate Ben Hannant, who has been ruled out of next month's State of Origin series opener with a torn calf.
Hannant hobbled off the field late in Brisbane's 19-18 NRL loss to Parramatta Eels on Friday night and faces up to four weeks on the sidelines.

Scans on Monday confirmed a grade-two calf tear.

Thaiday, one of Queensland's front-row options along with Nate Myles, tossed up South Sydney Rabbitohs' Ben Lowe as a possible Origin bolter.

"He's going well for Souths. He's older and experienced and could slot into an Origin spot at a pinch," said Thaiday of Lowe, who was part of an extended Maroons squad in 2010.

"I've had 10 on my back for the majority of the season so I could play there if need be.

"Who knows? Mal (coach Mal Meninga) might even pick Petero (Civoniceva) from the Queensland Cup to Origin! You never know."

Canberra Raiders giant David Shillington is favoured to start at prop, leaving bench spots available for Hannant's Broncos teammate Josh McGuire, Sydney Roosters prop Martin Kennedy, Brisbane duo Corey Parker and Matt Gillett and South Sydney utility Chris McQueen.

The Queensland side for Origin I is named in two weeks.

Fortunately for Brisbane, the news was better for veteran five-eighth Scott Prince who is only expected to miss Friday night's derby against his former Gold Coast club with a mild hamstring injury.

Prince looked in a fair degree of trouble when forced off early in the first half against the Eels.

But the club's medical staff didn't feel the need to send Prince for a scan, convinced it was only a minor issue.

Brisbane's loss to the Eels had critics questioning not just their premiership credentials but also whether they'd play any part in this year's finals series at the back-end of a tough Origin campaign ahead.

The Broncos will likely lose Thaiday, centre Justin Hodges and forwards Corey Parker and Matt Gillett to Origin, leaving them exposed until the completion of the interstate series in July.

Thaiday said Brisbane had to make sure they had their heads right for Friday night's game after the disappointment of the Eels loss.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/queensland-prop-ben-hannant-likely-to-miss-state-of-origin-opener-with-calf-injury/story-e6frfkp9-1226640871280#ixzz2TAM4Gkir

DIEHARD
13-05-13, 08:12 PM
Yeah I guess I'll try nearby. Which bay is titans bay so far looking like being?

My ticket is in Aisle 317 which is the away team supporter bay.

hammer
13-05-13, 08:16 PM
Section 316

DIEHARD
13-05-13, 08:21 PM
http://www.suncorpstadium.com.au/~/media/Suncorp%20Stadium/Seating%20Plans/Suncorp%20Stadium%20Standard%20Seating%20Map.ashx

DIEHARD
13-05-13, 08:28 PM
Just a reminder that we still have some seats available on the bus travelling direct from Titans HQ at Robina on Friday night to Suncorp Stadium for the match against the Broncos and returning after the match. See below for more details and be sure to secure your places on the bus - orders will be taken until COB Wednesday this week (15 May) and seats are limited:

DON?T WANT TO TAKE THE TRAIN?
Bus transport to and from Titans HQ is available for just $20! Hurry, limited places available!

Details:
GOLD COAST DEPARTURE: 5.30pm SHARP from Titans HQ ? 2 Promethean Way Robina
ARRIVE: 7.00pm ? Mayneview Street, Milton (Approximately 5 minutes walk from Suncorp Stadium)
KICK OFF: 7.35pm
FINAL SIREN: Approx 9.25pm
BRISBANE DEPARTURE: Approx 10.00pm
ARRIVE GOLD COAST: Approx 11.15pm

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE (http://www.trybooking.com/Booking/BookingEventSummary.aspx?eid=48330)

DavidBouveng
13-05-13, 08:43 PM
Is this bus thing relevant for me diehard? Or just for ppl already with tickets?

Also, 316 is a speck in the corner. Least our away bay at skilled is a main bay.

Dirty donkeys.

hammer
13-05-13, 08:47 PM
Is this bus thing relevant for me diehard? Or just for ppl already with tickets?

Also, 316 is a speck in the corner. Least our away bay at skilled is a main bay.

Dirty donkeys.

This was the away bay for the Broncos vs Cowboys as well...I suppose with membership numbers they have it is to be expected.

DavidBouveng
13-05-13, 08:52 PM
Yeah true hammer.

DIEHARD
13-05-13, 08:53 PM
They are just bastards. It is an insult. We give away supporters a bay and also have a GA bay next to it. That's red carpet service. The road to us getting big crowds is bringing away fans into the tent.

Broncos offer a slither of an away bay.

My info was just for general info if anyone wanted to be on the bus.

Hail Sezer
13-05-13, 10:05 PM

Hhahahahaha this is my favourite post of all time. Still gets me.

Steve
14-05-13, 08:31 AM
Most important thing about this game is if we win, we knock the donkeys out of the 8.

Titan Dad
14-05-13, 01:26 PM
I hate SCUMCORP for viewing the footy as it has sh+t atmosphere and worst of all it gets packed out with BONCO supporters.
Thank god we have our stadium that is more of a cauldron and provides the fans with a feeling of being on top of the game.
I hate the fact that I will go along and shell out my admission fee and then have to drink warm beer to go with it.
The only saving grace is that when we win the train trip back home will be oh so sweet.
I will be reminding them of the fact that it was us that knocked them out of the eight.

timor 2
14-05-13, 01:41 PM
iSelect Titans vs Brisbane Broncos
Friday, May 17
7.35pm ? Suncorp Stadium

1 William Zillman
2 Kevin Gordon
3 Brad Takairangi
4 Jamal Idris
5 David Mead
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Albert Kelly
8 Luke Bailey
9 Beau Falloon
10 Nate Myles
11 Greg Bird
12 Mark Minichiello
13 Ashley Harrison
Interchange
14 David Taylor
15 Luke Douglas
16 Ryan James
17 Matt Srama
18 Mark Ioane
20 Sam Irwin

kwigibo
14-05-13, 02:48 PM
iSelect Titans vs Brisbane Broncos
Friday, May 17
7.35pm ? Suncorp Stadium

1 William Zillman
2 Kevin Gordon
3 Brad Takairangi
4 Jamal Idris
5 David Mead
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Albert Kelly
8 Luke Bailey
9 Beau Falloon
10 Nate Myles
11 Greg Bird
12 Mark Minichiello
13 Ashley Harrison
Interchange
14 David Taylor
15 Luke Douglas
16 Ryan James
17 Matt Srama
18 Mark Ioane
20 Sam Irwin

almost back to full strength, unlike the donkeys

Titanic Believer
14-05-13, 02:55 PM

No excuses then for not winning!

Coaster
14-05-13, 03:41 PM
I defiantly agree with the earlier post that mentioned starting with james or Taylor for added aggression.

TITAN PETE
14-05-13, 04:13 PM

Broncos
1 Corey Norman
2 Josh Hoffman
3 Jack Reed
4 Justin Hodges
5 Jordan Kahu
6 Ben Hunt
7 Peter Wallace
8 Josh McGuire
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Sam Thaiday (c)
11 Alex Glenn
12 Matt Gillett
13 Corey Parker

Interchange
14 David Stagg
15 Scott Anderson
16 David Hala
17 Jarrod Wallace
18 Mitchell Dodds

Mr Stupid
14-05-13, 04:16 PM
I defiantly agree with the earlier post that mentioned starting with james or Taylor for added aggression.

I agree. I thought the line penetration of our starting forwards was not strong against the Dragons, particularly in the first half. We need to make a statement early.

DIEHARD
14-05-13, 06:17 PM
Lang Park is the best football stadium in Australia. It's not it's fault that it suffers from having the Broncos as the key tennant. The Broncos abandoned it to die in the 90s.

It's OUR stadium as well, it's Queensland's stadium! If we go well, that is where we will play our Finals games.

So go there and embrace it. Take the stadium from the Broncos fans and make them feel inferior.

DIEHARD
14-05-13, 06:21 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/431838_539576329416948_234812286_n.jpg

Coaster
14-05-13, 06:36 PM
Lang Park is the best football stadium in Australia. It's not it's fault that it suffers from having the Broncos as the key tennant. The Broncos abandoned it to die in the 90s.

It's OUR stadium as well, it's Queensland's stadium! If we go well, that is where we will play our Finals games.

So go there and embrace it. Take the stadium from the Broncos fans and make them feel inferior.

Great post.

Boofhead
14-05-13, 06:37 PM
Hodges and McGuire in doubt due to injury. I expect them to play though.

DIEHARD
14-05-13, 06:55 PM
Hodges and McGuire in doubt due to injury. I expect them to play though.

I wouldn't mind Hodges being out. He is TitansBane.

hammer
14-05-13, 06:59 PM
I wouldn't mind Hodges being out. He is TitansBane.

Hodges is the man the Broncos go to for inspiration especially when they need a lift...this was particularly obvious when I watched the Broncos vs Cowboys match earlier this year. It is clearly obvious to me he is highly respected by his team mates...I agree Diehard would be great if he failed to make this game!

Titanic
14-05-13, 07:07 PM
The key to this is game is have we compensated for where they beat us last time around? A look at that game thread should open a healthy debate.

Steve
14-05-13, 07:46 PM

Lang Park is dead and buried.

Suncorp Stadium is a lifeless husk, but yes, Titans fans can breathe some life into it on Friday!

TITAN PETE
14-05-13, 07:48 PM
A huge surprise for me is the betting on this match

Donkeys $1.51 :ugh:
Titans $2.52 :banana:

What's your thoughts Karnage :eyebrows:

DavidBouveng
14-05-13, 08:28 PM
looking at ticketek and the dirty little sliver theyve given us is $36 bucks!

its only $9 more to sit on the side part....would have to mix with dirty donkey fans, but im tempted to just hang my balls way out there and put my faith in us winning and keeping them silent.

TITAN PETE
14-05-13, 09:24 PM
Lang Park is dead and buried.

Suncorp Stadium is a lifeless husk, but yes, Titans fans can breathe some life into it on Friday!

This is where we need a Like button :thumbsup:

Leeroy
14-05-13, 09:31 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows if we will have a 'Women in League' strip for this game.

hammer
15-05-13, 05:18 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows if we will have a 'Women in League' strip for this game.

I don't believe so!

DIEHARD
15-05-13, 05:50 AM
I hope not seening as we are taking on our arch rival.

Titanic
15-05-13, 10:01 AM
I hope not, seeing as we are taking on our arch rival.
Totally agree ... this is one of our marquee games and we should be in full colours as should they ... and not our away jersey either as the colours don't clash.

Mr Stupid
15-05-13, 12:08 PM
http://www.titans.com.au/news-display/Video-Zilly-previews-Broncos-clash/74670

Zilly is pleasant and articulate and says absolutely nothing in this 'preview'. Sometimes sporting professionals are second only to politicians for talking without divulging any insight or information, lol.

karnage
15-05-13, 01:42 PM
http://www.titans.com.au/news-display/Video-Zilly-previews-Broncos-clash/74670

Zilly is pleasant and articulate and says absolutely nothing in this 'preview'. Sometimes sporting professionals are second only to politicians for talking without divulging any insight or information, lol.

Darius Boyd would have any politician on EARTH covered for saying nothing in his interviews.

isaiah
15-05-13, 03:38 PM

its only $9 more to sit on the side part....would have to mix with dirty donkey fans, but im tempted to just hang my balls way out there and put my faith in us winning and keeping them silent.

good luck trying to drown out the broncs fans, even if the titans are leading at some point in the game.

Also, is this game for bragging rights as the number 1 Qld NRL team?

Coaster
15-05-13, 04:01 PM
Darius Boyd would have any politician on EARTH covered for saying nothing in his interviews.

Darius is hilarious.
He could have the best argument on earth for not speaking to them, but he makes himself look like the biggest tosser of all time.

DIEHARD
15-05-13, 07:41 PM
good luck trying to drown out the broncs fans, even if the titans are leading at some point in the game.

That isn't hard to accomplish. Broncos fans have given Suncorp Stadium the reputation NRL wide as The Library! :laugh:

I'm sure Broncos fans have their golf claps ready for us.

Steve
15-05-13, 08:07 PM

Don't worry, mate. If we're up at half time they'll all leave.

Gotta beat the traffic.

DIEHARD
16-05-13, 01:40 AM
Parker ready to put boot into Titans

Brisbane forward Corey Parker says he takes the goalkicking responsibilities seriously and feels the pain whenever his boot costs his side an NRL win.

Since sacking himself as the side's number one kicker this season after the arrival of former Gold Coast halfback Scott Prince, Brisbane have crashed to 15th overall in converting tries and penalties.

Parker returns to the high pressure job on Friday night against the Titans with Prince sidelined with a hamstring injury.

After nine rounds of the premiership Brisbane are converting at just 56.3 per cent with Prince (16-26) Pater Wallace (1-2) and Parker (1-4) below their career averages.

Only St George Illawarra with 53.8 per cent have a worse record.

When Parker was full-time with the boot last year he was kicking at close to 76 per cent and Brisbane was ranked 9th -- a significant improvement on 2011 when his return was 71.2 per cent for a ranking of 12.

Fifteen games in the opening nine rounds have been decided by a goal kick and 20 by three points or less.

'Goal kicking is a game winner,' said Parker who has slotted 409 goals in his 12 years at the Broncos.

'I've been on both ends having lost games with my kicking and won games with it.

'As a kicker you don't want to be the guy who costs your team a win because you take it very personally and it hurts.'

Brisbane converted just one of their four tries last weekend in their 19-18 upset loss to Parramatta, highlighting the club's current goalkicking plight.

Parker said he and Prince had discussed who would do the goal kicking during the pre-season.

'It was probably my call and I respect Princey for what he does and his kicking ability,' said Parker who could grab a starting spot in Queensland's State of Origin side on his present strong form.

'Hook (coach Anthony Griffin) told us to work it out before the season started.

'We had a chat over a coffee and I felt what was best for the team was for Princey to do the kicking and that was it.'

Brisbane's side to play Friday night's local derby is up in the air with injury clouds over classy centre Justin Hodges (groin) and prop Josh McGuire (calf).

Brisbane have already lost representative prop Ben Hannant (calf) and Prince three weeks out from their annual Origin drain.

Re-signed utility Ben Hunt gets another chance to showcase his claims, again being named as Prince's replacement. While McGuire, if fit, continues his late Origin push filling in for Hannant in the front-row

http://www.skynews.com.au/sport/article.aspx?id=872502

DIEHARD
16-05-13, 03:21 AM
Grieving Douglas to play for Titans

PROP Luke Douglas will pull on a Gold Coast Titans jersey in tomorrow's fiery derby against the Broncos just days after the death of his mother.

Douglas will meet coach John Cartwright before training this morning and is expected to confirm he will take his place in the Gold Coast team for what will be his 180th consecutive NRL appearance.

Douglas has told close friends he wants to play in honour of his mother, Trish Douglas, who died on Monday in Yamba in northern NSW after a six-month battle with cancer.

Cartwright said Douglas was determined to run on to Suncorp Stadium and his presence would give the Titans an even greater incentive to win.

''I spoke to him on Tuesday and he said he wants to play but that's usually the first reaction, so I said to him whatever he wants to do I'm fine with that,'' Cartwright said.

''There's no pressure from us. He's going to come and see me (today) and if he's keen to play we'll let him.

''The players will know if we can win it will give him something to smile about during a really tough time. If he does play, I'm sure there'll be a little bit extra for him.''

Douglas's younger brother Kane is also set to play for the Waratahs in their Super Rugby clash against the Brumbies in Sydney on Saturday. It will be an emotional weekend for the Douglas boys Luke, Kane, Jake and father Chris who Cartwright said were all very close.

''He's a real quiet achiever,'' Cartwright said. ''It's going to be a really tough occasion for him.

''You always say people are close to their family but I got to know them reasonably well over the last couple of years and they're as tight as any family I've ever met.''

With Douglas set to play, he will edge closer to Jason Taylor's record of 194 consecutive NRL games.

The Titans are also set to be boosted by co-captain Nate Myles, with scans revealing the tough forward should overcome groin and calf injuries in time to face Brisbane.

''I spoke to the physio today and he's pretty confident Nate will be right,'' Cartwright said.

''(Brad) Takairangi will be fine. He was sick with gastro but his shoulder injury is OK.

''We should be as per program.'

An open memorial service for Trish Douglas will be held at the Yamba Bowling Club, Wooli St, from 1pm on Monday.

DIEHARD
16-05-13, 04:51 AM
Broncos v Titans
Friday 7.35pm Suncorp Stadium

The Broncos will be looking for history to repeat itself in this match. They had lost two in a row when they met and beat the Titans in Round 5, and now they have lost two in a row again. Their win over the Titans was the start of a three-game success streak that improved the Broncos? win-loss record from a negative 1-3 to a positive 4-3, but subsequent losses to the Rabbitohs and Eels have put them in the negative again, at 4-5.

The Titans, despite that loss to the Broncos, are travelling better overall. They have a win-loss record of 5-4, including three wins in a row over the Raiders, Sea Eagles and Panthers from Rounds 2-4. Their form since then has been more down than up, with two wins and three losses, but when they badly needed a win against the Dragons last weekend they steeled themselves for a determined performance and managed to prevail narrowly.

This is a tough one to pick because of the lack of consistency from both sides this season. The home-ground advantage might appear to give the Broncos the edge, but it didn?t help the Titans the last time these two teams met. For the Broncos, Ben Hunt will start for the injured Scott Prince at five-eighth, and Josh McGuire for the injured Ben Hannant at prop. Scott Anderson, Jarrod Wallace and Mitchell Dodds have been added to what is a five-man bench. The Titans have an unchanged starting side, and have added Matt Srama and Mark Ioane to what is a six-man bench.

Watch Out Broncos: The 94 metres Titans fullback William Zillman ran for against the Dragons was far from his biggest total this season, but what he did come up with was choice. Zillman made one line-break and two offloads, and scored two tries. He?s dangerous from both the deep and chiming into the attack close to the opposition line. Zillman has seven line-breaks to his name, trailing only Billy Slater and Greg Inglis in the fullback ranks. That?s pretty handy company.

Watch Out Titans: Broncos halfback Peter Wallace certainly wasn?t the reason the team lost to the Eels. He did his best to make something happen after fellow playmaker Scott Prince had been forced off with injury. Wallace had four offloads in that game, and his kicking was very good as well. He should enter this game with plenty of confidence.

Plays To Watch: Broncos centre Justin Hodges has made three line-breaks and scored three tries in his past four games. State of Origin isn?t far away and he?s breaking into the sort of form when he runs the ball that makes him a regular danger at this time of the year.

It?s hard to predict how Titans centre Jamal Idris is going to go in any given game, but when he runs with conviction he is a massive threat. When the Titans lost to the Warriors two rounds back, Idris had the figures of a winner ? 150 metres, two line-breaks, five offloads and two tries.

Key Match-Up: The battle of the big men will have plenty to do with it. Sam Thaiday and Josh McGuire are starting at prop for the Broncos, and Nate Myles and Luke Bailey for the Titans. Thaiday, Myles and Bailey have all played plenty of State of Origin and Test football, and McGuire is tipped to break into Origin this year. That?s plenty of meat right there, and there?s a lot of size coming off the benches as well.

Where It Will Be Won: Neither side has proven itself to be in the top echelon of NRL teams at this stage of the season, and neither is good enough to overcome a night of bad handling and silly penalties. The most-disciplined team, even if only slightly, should emerge the winner here.

The History: Played 14; Broncos 10, Titans 4. The Titans have won just one of the past eight meetings dating back to 2009.

Match Officials: Referees ? Ben Cummins & Phil Haines; Sideline Officials ? Russell Turner & Michael Wise; Video Referees ? Steve Chiddy & Reece Williams.

NRL Live 2013 App: Gives you access to every NRL game this season on your iPhone or Android smartphone as it?s being broadcast on TV, with up to six live games each week including the Broncos v Titans clash. Plus latest live scores, breaking news, comprehensive match highlights and full match replays.

Televised: Channel 9 ? live 7.35pm (Qld); Delayed 9.30pm (NSW).

The Way We See It: You can?t be confident about either team?s chances of winning this one, such has been the up-and-down nature of their seasons so far. But it?s a five-day turnaround for the Titans and they are playing away as well, so that could give the Broncos an edge. Broncos by six points.

*Statistics: NRL Stats.

http://www.nrl.com/

Squinter98
16-05-13, 11:43 AM
STAR Broncos centre Justin Hodges has been ruled out of tomorrow night's NRL round 10 derby against the Gold Coast Titans at Suncorp Stadium.

Titans hooker Matt Srama has passed a fitness test and will play.

Hodges left training after 15 minutes this morning clutching his ribs and coach Anthony Griffin has since confirmed his best attacking player will miss another game.

Jordan Kahu move back to centre with Lachlan Maranta recalled to the wing.

The Broncos will also hand a debut cap to utility back Jake Granville.

Granville, 24, joins an extended bench with Mitchell Dodds likely to drop off.

"Justin has a rib injury that hasn't quite come up so at this stage he won't play," Griffin said.

"He has a crack there down the bottom (of ribs)) which is in an awkward spot.

"It was an issue from last week's game and he thought he'd be right but it hasn't settled down enough."

Srama dislocated his finger three weeks ago against Newcastle but will make his return from injury off the bench against the Broncos.

He will be joined by William Zillman (glute), skipper Nate Myles (groin) and Brad Takairangi (shoulder) who appeared in doubt this week because of the short turnaround from last Sunday's win over the Dragons.

The Titans completed their final training session at Kingscliff on the NSW north coast and while Srama did not do all drills with the team he was cleared to play.

"He did enough," coach John Cartwright said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/justin-hodges-to-miss-titans-derby-matt-srama-cleared/story-e6frep5x-1226644285189

Mr Stupid
16-05-13, 12:26 PM
STAR Broncos centre Justin Hodges has been ruled out of tomorrow night's NRL round 10 derby against the Gold Coast Titans at Suncorp Stadium.

Game changer.

DIEHARD
16-05-13, 12:52 PM
Get on em! Get on em!

No Hodges is epic news for us. He is always a threat.

DIEHARD
16-05-13, 01:12 PM
Make sure you watch this lame video by the Broncos about their lame rally towels!

http://www.broncos.com.au/news-display/Your-Rally-Towel-Will-Make-Stadium-A-Fortress/73475

THE NRMA Insurance Broncos players are calling on you to bring your rally towel to Suncorp Stadium an make it a fortress when we take the Titans this Friday night.

Did you know that since the Broncos moved back to Lang Park 10 years ago, the team only has a 60 per cent winning record at home?

We believe other NRL teams love coming to our stadium.

They play at the best rugby league ground in the world, in front of a huge, appreciative and educated crowd, in mostly perfect weather.

So now we need you to make the experience a little less comfortable for them, especially against our nearest rivals this Friday night.

At our games against Manly, the Storm and Cowboys, special NRMA Insurance rally towels were given out to large sections of the crowd free of charge.

If you have one, we need you to bring them to the Titans game Friday night. There are just a few left that will be available at the NRMA Insurance tent on the plazas.

This small piece of cloth is the key to making our stadium a fortress.

The team is calling on you to wave the rally towel and make some noise at the following times:

* During the first set of six tackles of the game

* When the Broncos score a try or kick a goal

* When the opposition team is shooting for goal

Prompts on the big screen at the game will guide you on when to wave your towel.

"Let's make some noise people, and make our home ground a place to be feared," said Broncos' captain Sam Thaiday.

DIEHARD
16-05-13, 01:19 PM
Young backlines go head-to-head

Two of the youngest backlines in the NRL will face off at Suncorp Stadium when the iSelect Titans clash with the Broncos in tomorrow night's local derby.

The Titans have a backline with an average age of just 23, similar to the average age of the Broncos' backline of 24.

At 26, fullback William Zillman, who will be lining up for his 100th game for the Titans, is considered the 'veteran' as the oldest member of a Gold Coast?s backline.

Centre Justin Hodges is the eldest member of the Broncos backline at 30, but he is reportedly set to miss the encounter with a rib injury.

Zillman said although the Titans backline was one of the youngest in the competition there was plenty of leadership potential within the group.

?We have blokes like Jamal (Idris) who most of us think of as having been around for so long, as one of our leaders, even though he is still so young (age 22),? said Zillman.

?We are so lucky to have so much young talent in our backline and you can see the positives,'' he said.

?With the lack of experience in the halves this year things could have gone either way.

?But it has been outstanding how they (halfback Albert Kelly and five-eighth Aiden Sezer) have gelled. And that has filtered through the entire backline.''

Zillman said the Titans knew what to expect against the Broncos, having not beaten their 'big brothers' at Suncorp Stadium since 2007.

?You know what you are going to get when you play the Broncos,?? he said.

?They will give 100 per cent and they will not go away for the full 80 minutes. They are always really hard to beat at Suncorp, but our guys will rise for it and it will bring out the best in us.?

Zillman says the outstanding form of the players around him has helped him to career-best form. He is currently fifth in line breaks across the entire NRL and sixth in tackle busts.

?We are getting a better understanding between all the players,?? he said.

?The two young halves ? it was always going to be tough for them, but they have started the year sensationally and really stepped up to the plate.

?As a fullback it really makes my job easier playing off two blokes who are going so well and playing really good football.

?It will be good if we can continue (to make line breaks). I am sure Friday night will be a tough game, one of those grinding games, and we will have to make sure we are on the ball for the whole game to win.?

http://www.titans.com.au/

Titanic
16-05-13, 01:53 PM
The team is calling on you to wave the rally towel and make some noise at the following times:

* During the first set of six tackles of the game

* When the Broncos score a try or kick a goal

* When the opposition team is shooting for goal

Prompts on the big screen at the game will guide you on when to wave your towel.

So, there will be a lot of noise at the start of the game and deathly silence until we kick at goal ... I can accept that. The big screen prompt will be to wake them up when it's time to go home.

DIEHARD
16-05-13, 01:58 PM
I suggest all Titans fans get as many of these rally towels as we can.

Useful for washing the dog with.

DIEHARD
16-05-13, 02:03 PM
Remember Super League.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_--JatRi0Wc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Coaster
16-05-13, 02:55 PM
Remember Super League.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_--JatRi0Wc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I HATE THEM SO MUCH!!!!!

TITAN PETE
16-05-13, 03:06 PM
Fact : Broncos are 1-9 since the start of 2012 when Hodges is out :surprise:

Fact: Teams that play Parra are 0-8 the following week :eyebrows:

Thanks to Twitter :thumbsup:

DIEHARD
16-05-13, 03:09 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OQK2BM8sRiU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hammer
16-05-13, 05:13 PM
Fact : Broncos are 1-9 since the start of 2012 when Hodges is out :surprise:

Fact: Teams that play Parra are 0-8 the following week :eyebrows:

Thanks to Twitter :thumbsup:

Wow...wouldn't have picked that second stat!

hammer
16-05-13, 05:22 PM
Hodges being out is a massive loss for the Broncos...!

Steve
16-05-13, 06:36 PM
I suggest all Titans fans get as many of these rally towels as we can.

Useful for washing the dog with.

It's hilarious watching the broncos fans waving hankies in the air.

teke
16-05-13, 07:56 PM
18 -10 titans.

Toads
16-05-13, 08:46 PM

Apart from the Colours, I can't tell the difference between the Donkeys Fans 'n those of the Colllingwood Supporters..

Mr Stupid
16-05-13, 09:04 PM

Look like their wank rags. Oops, did I say that out loud.

DIEHARD
16-05-13, 09:05 PM
Titans wary of Hodges smokescreen

Despite speculation mounting that star Broncos Justin Hodges will miss tomorrow night?s blockbuster local derby, the Titans are preparing as if the centre will be running out onto Suncorp Stadium.

Titans Co-Captain Greg Bird conceded the possibility of Hodges being ruled out would give the Titans a significant boost but said his side must remain focused as they look to turn around a poor head to head record with the Broncos.

Coach John Cartwright wasn?t buying into any of the hype surrounding Hodges? potential absence, with the Titans head coach casting doubt on the speculation.

Titans TV caught up with Cartwright and Bird to discuss the speculation following training today. To view the video simply press play in the viewer above.

Titans

Supergoose
16-05-13, 11:03 PM
Look like their wank rags. Oops, did I say that out loud.

#spankerchief

DIEHARD
17-05-13, 03:07 AM
Idris lines up Broncos bumbler

THE Titans will unleash man of the moment Jamal Idris on Brisbane's most error-prone player, with the towering centre on a collision course with Broncos bumbler Jack Reed in the NRL derby tonight.

Idris has been in sublime form lately, bagging a double in a man-of-the-match outing against the Warriors before backing that up with a series of bone-jarring hits against the Dragons last Sunday.

The former Bulldog has been the life of the club lately, even joking with teammate Aidan Sezer at training yesterday after the five-eighth dislocated his finger.

And the Titans will be looking to the man mountain to steamroll Reed, who has produced a whopping 16 errors this year by far the most of any Bronco.

Titans co-captain Greg Bird said Idris was starting to find the form that earned him NSW Origin selection in 2010 after a lacklustre debut season on the Gold Coast last year.

''He's been awesome. The critics spoke up a lot last year about his form and how he was going and looking,'' Bird said.

''He's definitely worked hard over the Christmas period and off-season to turn that around.

''He's probably been our best back, if not player, this year and I've been very happy with the way he's going.

''If he keeps doing that, he'll be pushing for one of those Origin spots that are available.''

Idris has rebounded from off-season hip surgery in emphatic fashion, dramatically improving his numbers compared with last year. Throughout the first nine rounds of 2012, Idris averaged just 68m a game from 8.3 runs. Now he's running for 103m a game from 11.7 carries.

He has busted 39 tackles this year and made four line-breaks and his off-loads (19) are higher than anyone else at the club.

Titans coach John Cartwright said Idris, after 97 NRL appearances, was close to realising his potential.

''He's playing the way he's applied himself to the off-season. He's a different athlete this year,'' he said.

''The fact he's healthy and has got an off-season in is the key for Jamal.

''They say you don't become a first-grader until you play close to 100 games and he's getting close to that level now.

''He's only very young. If he continues to improve, then the sky is the limit for him.''

The Titans finalised their preparations at Cudgen yesterday with Cartwright declaring hooker Matt Srama fit, despite the crafty rake featuring in fewer drills than his replacement over the past few weeks, Sam Irwin.

And he said he wasn't convinced Broncos centre Justin Hodges would miss the clash with a rib injury, despite the Test star leaving training early.

''I've heard that one before so we've got to assume he's playing,'' Cartwright said.

''We'll find out an hour before kick-off.''

The Titans will have the services of Sezer, who missed the sides' last clash through injury.

Bird said his side would be a lot more structured with their chief shot-caller on deck.

''We had a good, tight win last week (15-14 over Dragons),'' Bird said.

''Hopefully the boys can gain a bit of confidence out of that and play a good, solid game this week.''

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2013/05/17/451990_gold-coast-titans.html

DIEHARD
17-05-13, 06:25 AM
Hawkey says "Go Titans!"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/photo_zpsb2547fc6.jpg

DIEHARD
17-05-13, 07:12 AM
Brisbane Broncos bank on pace to put wind up Gold Coast Titans

THE Broncos will tonight unleash a 24-year-old rated among the fastest rugby league players over 20m.

Jake Granville has battled away in the Intrust Super Cup for the past four seasons with many good judges puzzled that he had not received a call up to the NRL.

The promotion has finally come and he will fill the Broncos' bench utility role against the Titans at Suncorp Stadium, with Ben Hunt promoted to the starting team to replace injured Scott Prince.

Wynnum Manly utility Granville was the Intrust Super Cup player of the year in 2011.

He played hooker for the Broncos in the National Youth Competition in 2009.

It was not until he began playing fullback for ex-Seagulls coach and current Sydney Roosters under-20 coach Paul Green that his talents blossomed.

Former Maroons halfback Green used Granville as a fullback in defence and hooker in attack in 2011, a dual role that has only been performed occasionally by established stars such as Billy Slater and Kurt Gidley.

Green said Granville's electric speed off the mark was the key to his ability in both positions and said there would be few NRL players faster than him over 20m.

"I struggle to think of anyone quicker off the mark, especially as far as hookers go, although James Segeyaro is pretty quick," Green said.

"I thought he would get a go (in NRL) earlier, especially with his form last year, but it is good to see him getting a chance and I know he will take it. He is NRL quality.

"We lost six in a row to start 2011 and then Jake began playing that fullback-hooker role and we ended up winning the premiership."

Broncos coach Anthony Griffin said Granville's energy and enthusiasm made him an excellent prospect and said he would likely fill in for hooker Andrew McCullough during tonight's match.

"He's a livewire," Griffin said. "He's a real competitor and has speed.

"He played hooker here in the 20s with Kurt Baptiste in the last year I coached them and then went to Queensland Cup and played fullback.

"He's a good, tough, kid and if he gets a chance, he won't let us down."

Griffin heaped praise on the player Granville will likely mark tonight, Titans hooker Beau Falloon.

"Since he's got his chance he's played really well," Griffin said. "They are a very big team and lead the league in off-loads.

"In the first round we did a good job against them and we will have to do it again."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/brisbane-broncos-bank-on-pace-to-put-wind-up-gold-coast-titans/story-e6frep76-1226644811161

Noddy1979
17-05-13, 07:26 AM
They don't mention Granville is a lazy defender has a tendency to sure a poor attitude when down. I love the wording UNLEASH what a crock. He couldn't unleash my Mini Shnauzer correctly.

C-Whiz
17-05-13, 08:38 AM
How is everyone getting to Brissy tonight?
Who is taking the train and who is on the Titans HQ bus?
Would it be worth trying to get on the same train/carriage for those going up by train?

Smakked
17-05-13, 09:30 AM
Titans by 6 tonight.
i wont be there because of work , hope everyone has a good night and slaps some broncos fans :D

Titanic
17-05-13, 09:37 AM
P1ssing down rain in Nanjing so there will be no bbq tonight (comments about bbq-ing alone not appreciated) just a few beers and a string of expletives for the Ponies.

TITAN PETE
17-05-13, 10:23 AM
Can't make it either , my son is playing at 6pm & i don't have access to the same chopper that Rabs & Gus used :?)

shamus
17-05-13, 11:27 AM
How is everyone getting to Brissy tonight?
Who is taking the train and who is on the Titans HQ bus?
Would it be worth trying to get on the same train/carriage for those going up by train?

Not sure about everyone else Chris but I do my own thing when going to Suncorp.

I drive up and park in the building I occasionally work in next to Central. I then hop the train to Roma Street, pop into the Transcontinental Hotel* for a bite to eat. When done walk 50 metres to the bus that takes you to the stadium. I reckin it's great. I don't mind the drive up or back and it only takes about 20 minutes to get out of the stadium and back to the city for the drive home.

*Nice atmosphere at the pub and not bad meals. Although I may feel a little intimidated this time around as there will be very little Titans support there. I normally follow this routine for SOO, when the crowds are 50/50 between Blues and Maroons...Not this time though.

Boofhead
17-05-13, 03:56 PM
Jump on Idris FTS + GC 1-12.

Thank me later. :drinkies:

C-Whiz
17-05-13, 04:22 PM

On it.

Catching the 4.59 train from Nerang, with David Bouveng.

Will be in the Away supporters bay. Cya's there.

DavidBouveng
17-05-13, 04:50 PM
On it.

Catching the 4.59 train from Nerang, with David Bouveng.

Will be in the Away supporters bay. Cya's there.

All aboard!!

Getting excited now as the train leaves the station. Will I return to my car in 5 hours defeated, bitter and tired? Or victorious, jubilant....and tired?

Anyone else at the varsity station seeing the dude kneeing and kicking the puss out of the vending machine? Haha. We live in the ghetto I tell you!

Mexican titan
17-05-13, 06:04 PM

Kevin Gordon FTS and Titans 13+

Toads
17-05-13, 06:46 PM
Looking forward to tonight's game. It's always a sweet victory when take 2 points away from the Donkies. ;)

DIEHARD
17-05-13, 07:21 PM
Why the **** are we wearing an Away Strip for a DERBY! FFS

Toads
17-05-13, 07:31 PM
Oh Look.. Another Milestone! (Zilly's 100th)

teke
17-05-13, 07:33 PM
Why the **** are we wearing an Away Strip for a DERBY! FFScould be worse, we could have the broncos jersey.

Looks disgusting

DIEHARD
17-05-13, 07:33 PM
Oh Look.. Another Milestone! (Zilly's 100th)

Nnnnnnooooo! Hope it's not anothe gravestone. We all know out record with milestones.

DIEHARD
17-05-13, 07:39 PM
Good luck everyone! I got my bets on. I'm confident! Go Titans!

DIEHARD
17-05-13, 07:42 PM
Looking at the crowd makes me sick. The derby is going backwards. Empty seats everywhere. Does anyone care? NRL? Titans? Broncos?

Smakked
17-05-13, 07:43 PM
****me ......not a good start

Hail Sezer
17-05-13, 07:44 PM
Deja Vu with that try

teke
17-05-13, 07:45 PM
Jeepers, every week the opposition manages to have numbers on the edges

Hail Sezer
17-05-13, 07:50 PM
Penalty on the ****ing 5th. thanks mini.

Smakked
17-05-13, 07:50 PM
Here we go......

What a ****in disgrace

Noddy1979
17-05-13, 07:53 PM
I'm over this.

teke
17-05-13, 07:54 PM
This 2 hooker rotation is a masterpiece this yr. so far it had worked in our favour

Smakked
17-05-13, 07:58 PM
HAHA Fatty " The titans dont seem to have plan do they...."

Spot on fatty

teke
17-05-13, 08:02 PM
Refs quickly eating up Titans lead in penalties received this yr.

lonegull
17-05-13, 08:04 PM
Titans game plan 5 hit ups and a bomb
No clue our coaching staff are crap, surely they can come up with something more creative

DIEHARD
17-05-13, 08:06 PM
Would it kill the Titans to apply some pressure? Where is the chase? Where is the line speed? We are a better team than this. We are a better team than the Broncos.

****. Another penalty...

Bayside Titan
17-05-13, 08:07 PM
Titans game plan 5 hit ups and a bomb
No clue our coaching staff are crap, surely they can come up with something more creative
Yep and Wally Lewis has already pointed this out. Looks like the Refs are going fix the penalty issue tonight.

Hail Sezer
17-05-13, 08:07 PM
It's currently a race between us and the tigers to see who can lose by the most

teke
17-05-13, 08:10 PM
More penalties. Hmmm...please refs, @"$& up

Bayside Titan
17-05-13, 08:10 PM
Once again we are getting a football lesson. FFS THAT WAS NOT A PENALTY. That ill do me.

teke
17-05-13, 08:11 PM
It's currently a race between us and the tigers to see who can lose by the mostthanks I didn't wanna watch that game :D

Smakked
TIme to switch channels and Watch Tigers V Rabbits

Steve
So after the article about the Titans being the favourites of the refs... it's now 6-0 against them.

I'm sure someone called it!

Hail Sezer
17-05-13, 08:12 PM
thanks I didn't wanna watch that game :D

Hahaha, flatmate is a tigs supporter.

Needless to say our lounge room isnt full of excitement right now

kwigibo
17-05-13, 08:13 PM
AAMI must have their life savings on 13+ to the donkeys. 3 penalties on the same possession for 3 legitimate defensive plays?

Smakked
17-05-13, 08:14 PM
Tigers Rabbits game isnt much better to watch, might switch to Rebels V Stormers LMAO

teke
17-05-13, 08:14 PM
I'm gonna channel Karnage any second...

DIEHARD
17-05-13, 08:15 PM
**** the refs. Play with aggression.

Epic bull**** happening.

DIEHARD
17-05-13, 08:16 PM
It's currently a race between us and the tigers to see who can lose by the most

Spoilers?!

Bayside Titan
FFS. What the F@&k am I watching. Anyone?

Bayside Titan
FFS. What the F@&k am I watching. Anyone?

Bayside Titan
17-05-13, 08:17 PM
So after the article about the Titans being the favourites of the refs... it's now 6-0 against them.

I'm sure someone called it!

Chaserz
17-05-13, 08:18 PM
My God, what the hell is happening out there?! So much struggles, such a bad play, and now a Sin bin for Birdy...

Seriously, sorry about to say, but this is something to cry about; this is disgraceful!

Toads
**** It.. Get on the Bus at half time 'n come on home boys. The Refs have lost the plot..

Bayside Titan
looks like the Refs are going to fix the penalty thing

kwigibo
And another. I know it's women in league week but I'm sure the broncos' mums will survive if you let them get tackled above the waist AAMI

DIEHARD
17-05-13, 08:19 PM
Taylor again. How many has he given away?!?

Can't believe this match. Such terrible discipline and refereeing.

Steve
17-05-13, 08:22 PM
Most of those haven't been high. Bird's tackle was, no doubt.

That last hit on Wallace... Wallace milked it. You see him kick it, see Taylor coming, and he drops to make sure it hits high.

Ball went a good metre forward on one of those passes, but the donkeys are the golden child tonight.

DIEHARD
We can't let this blitz on us by the refs cripple our aggression. It's one of our few assets. But it also needs to be measured.

teke
Titanic u are such a wuss, get on here fairy and unload !!!

Bayside Titan
17-05-13, 08:23 PM
Sick of listening to Ray Hadley.

DIEHARD
17-05-13, 08:24 PM
36th minute and we finally get a penalty. And another.

Bayside Titan
17-05-13, 08:24 PM
OMG. Two penalties to us.

Bayside Titan
17-05-13, 08:25 PM
Good to see Taylor fired up.

Bayside Titan
17-05-13, 08:26 PM
So going to look for positives now.

titanfan1980
17-05-13, 08:26 PM
This ref is ****ing disgraceful!!!! Obviously read the papers this week

Smakked
17-05-13, 08:28 PM
I have the sound turned down and playing Bioshock Infinite LOL

teke
17-05-13, 08:29 PM
Such an ordinary side to be losing 24 nil to.

An ordinary side is touching us up

DIEHARD
17-05-13, 08:29 PM
One of the worst halves of football I've ever seen. And has no place being part of a blue ribbon derby. I'd hate to see the TV ratings.

Titanic
17-05-13, 08:30 PM
no lads I'm here and as I posted last week I just having nothing more to say ... criticize me all you want but I was right two years ago ... what a friggin' schamozzle.

Chaserz
36th minute and we finally get a penalty. And another.

Well yeah, ALMOST on a roll out there...

Steve
I have the sound turned down and playing Bioshock Infinite LOL

I have the TV muted because seeing Waterhouse's smug pedobear smirk is bad enough, without listening to him go on about what punters want.

We want you to take a long walk off a short pier, mate.

Smakked
17-05-13, 08:34 PM
I dont like our chances of a comeback, look at the boys in the rooms, heads down, Its all over

gotitans101_
17-05-13, 08:34 PM
no lads I'm here and as I posted last week I just having nothing more to say ... criticize me all you want but I was right two years ago ... what a friggin' schamozzle.

And yet people here will still defend this rabble.

You can blame the refs all you want but every time we made it into Broncos territory our last tackle options were again awful - bomb it on the 5th seems to be tonight's game plan because Cartwright doesn't know of any other 'creative' plays.

Just useless.

Noddy1979
17-05-13, 08:37 PM
No defense left, just a tap on the shoulder needed.

teke
17-05-13, 08:38 PM
no lads I'm here and as I posted last week I just having nothing more to say ... criticize me all you want but I was right two years ago ... what a friggin' schamozzle.nothing more to say ? I will take over, it's my shift now....

DIEHARD
17-05-13, 08:40 PM
Look we all know our coach is not up to standard. We have all known for years. You are not Nostradamus'.

titanfan1980
17-05-13, 08:40 PM
When was the last protest walk off? I would honestly consider it.. What did Ryan James get penalised for? Tackling to hard? And bird sinbinned when his shoulder or arms did make contact with the head???

Mexican titan
17-05-13, 08:41 PM
And yet people here will still defend this rabble.

You can blame the refs all you want but every time we made it into Broncos territory our last tackle options were again awful - bomb it on the 5th seems to be tonight's game plan because Cartwright doesn't know of any other 'creative' plays.

Just useless.

Yes despite the refs we had nothing, particularly the first few sets when we had some field position. That made me ashamed to follow the Titans. An ill disciplined rabble. I just hope this half we can do something to redeem ourselves.

kwigibo
17-05-13, 08:42 PM
I've been calling for Cartwright's head since '07, but a lot of different things happened out there.

DIEHARD
17-05-13, 08:42 PM

I believe the Rubicon has been crossed. Time to send him a delegation.

DIEHARD
17-05-13, 08:44 PM
I'm gonna pretend this is a new game and hope for the best. Bird will be back any second.

Titanic
Just like against Parra when we had a 94% completion rate in the first half we still went in 6-12 down. Tonight we were 7 from 7 and 12 nil down before we imploded ... what does it mean? It means we have no idea what to do except follow a no risk no score policy ... pathetic.

Bayside Titan
Amen. Call the removalist.

Bayside Titan
17-05-13, 08:47 PM
Hopefully the real Titans come out after halftime.

DIEHARD
17-05-13, 08:48 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!! That was an awesome try. Great work by Idris Kelly and Meas!

titanfan1980
17-05-13, 08:50 PM
Looking for positives.. Can I add that try was fantastic... But have a look where was zillman??

DIEHARD
17-05-13, 08:50 PM
Titans arent licked yet. There is a whiff of a chance. But it's up to the Titans. To put it all in. Get onside. Chase. Support. Scramble. Otherwise we are toast.

kwigibo
17-05-13, 08:51 PM
http://youtu.be/s0iB35hXkBA?t=17s

DIEHARD
17-05-13, 09:00 PM
Nasty injury to Stagg. A good bloke as well. Hope he is ok.

kwigibo
that was unpleasant looking

titanfan1980
Poor David stagg.. He didn't deserve that.

teke
17-05-13, 09:01 PM
Poor David stagg.. He didn't deserve that.true, feel bad for him

DIEHARD
17-05-13, 09:02 PM
Shame that kick went out for Sezer. Would have been interesting!

Hopefully we can fight back.

Steve
17-05-13, 09:02 PM
Titans arent licked yet. There is a whiff of a chance. But it's up to the Titans. To put it all in. Get onside. Chase. Support. Scramble. Otherwise we are toast.

Between that dropped ball and that kick, are we licked now?

titanfan1980
17-05-13, 09:04 PM
If the refs both did an acl.. I would not feel sorry

Bayside Titan
Nothing in that. It happens every week.

DIEHARD
Another friggin penalty. What is this union?! This means we need to score AGAIN. With a 20 point margin.

Steve
17-05-13, 09:05 PM
Wallace was suddenly fine once the penalty was awarded.

The Milkman delivers.

DIEHARD
17-05-13, 09:05 PM
Wallace was suddenly fine once the penalty was awarded.

The Milkman delivers.

Exactly. We catch them on the 5th and that was the reward.

Steve
17-05-13, 09:06 PM
Sometimes a team takes penalty goals because they're worried they won't be able to score. I think in this case it's knowing that the Titans can't, so you may as well take 2 and save your energy for next week.

DIEHARD
17-05-13, 09:07 PM
That was embarrassing...

Bayside Titan
17-05-13, 09:07 PM
Are the three stooges playing for us?

Hail Sezer
17-05-13, 09:08 PM
I'm not gonna say anything..

Mexican titan
He is not on his own but has Sezer ever played worse.

DIEHARD
Sometimes a team takes penalty goals because they're worried they won't be able to score. I think in this case it's knowing that the Titans can't, so you may as well take 2 and save your energy for next week.

Good points.

Probably a mercy for us. Or it'd be 50+

teke
17-05-13, 09:09 PM
Insert the benny hill music.

RobJ
17-05-13, 09:12 PM
It's the closest I've ever been to turning off a game that has the Titans in it. Taylor will be lucky to hold his contract, an absolute disgrace almost the entire way across the park with the exception of Kelly.
Finals footy? Last week I thought so....not so much after tonight. Wtf is the lack of discipline????

Hail Sezer
17-05-13, 09:12 PM
Kelly still giving 100%

hatchy84
17-05-13, 09:13 PM
Fu cking disgraceful embarresed to be a fan idris and Kelly only exceptions zillman and Gordon need to be dropped

DIEHARD
17-05-13, 09:15 PM
Idris and Kelly have been our best. The rest. Were they even there?

RobJ
17-05-13, 09:16 PM
FFS, I'm waiting for the clown suits to come out.....

Titanic Believer
17-05-13, 09:16 PM
bad start + a few questionable penalties = frustration, lack of discipline = game lost. any come back would disguise how bad we have actually been the last few weeks. Can't get over how they are talking up the Broncos. They haven't had to play much football.

Bayside Titan
17-05-13, 09:18 PM
Somebody call the undertaker.

lonegull
17-05-13, 09:18 PM
First time I have ever said this but tonight I am embarrassed to be a titans fan

TITAN PETE
17-05-13, 09:20 PM
The most disgraceful effort from a Titans team ever , Cartwright u are a Fraud & should not turn up to the press conference.

DIEHARD
Cartwright had better not just blame the referees in the press conference.

teke
Idris and Kelly have been our best. The rest. Were they even there?my boy been ok, he swallowed up every Wallace kick

Hail Sezer
17-05-13, 09:22 PM
my boy been ok, he swallowed up every Wallace kick

Yeah, he has been good. Also dotted down.

Bayside Titan
17-05-13, 09:22 PM
It's the closest I've ever been to turning off a game that has the Titans in it. Taylor will be lucky to hold his contract, an absolute disgrace almost the entire way across the park with the exception of Kelly.
Finals footy? Last week I thought so....not so much after tonight. Wtf is the lack of discipline????
Add Ryan and Zilly to the list.

Tamwelg
17-05-13, 09:24 PM

Yep, Idris and Jelly with an honourable mention to Mead. Everyone else crap.

Bayside Titan
On NRL 360 the whole Titans game will be on Coach Killers.

Boofhead
The most disgraceful effort from a Titans team ever , Cartwright u are a Fraud & should not turn up to the press conference.

Last play options were terrible. But you can't coach attitude, and we had none in the first half.

If we make the 8 it will be a massive over achievement after this performance. How good was Alby, Idris and Mead though. These blokes can hold their head high.

DIEHARD

Yea and on every occasion the Broncos have been all over him. Chasing kicks. Not easy.

hatchy84
17-05-13, 09:25 PM
Zillman = worst fullback ever

RobJ
17-05-13, 09:26 PM
Cartwright had better not just blame the referees in the press conference.
Yeah but I didn't see Cartwright on the field...

gotitans101_
Last play options were terrible. But you can't coach attitude, and we had none in the first half.

If we make the 8 it will be a massive over achievement after this performance. How good was Alby, Idris and Mead though. These blokes can hold their head high.

Pretty much all of this.

RobJ
First time I have ever said this but tonight I am embarrassed to be a titans fan
Agreed..

DIEHARD
17-05-13, 09:27 PM
Yeah but I didn't see Cartwright on the field...

A coach has to take responsiblility.

DIEHARD
17-05-13, 09:29 PM

Total Package.

teke
17-05-13, 09:29 PM
Hahaha Dave Taylor smoking thaiday, he is so dangerous on the left.

We are in the top 8 and no chance of being here come finals time. So so bad but call me silly it was entertaining lol.

Tamwelg
17-05-13, 09:30 PM

Tomkins could fix that, but not going to happen because of **** knows who but he must be a real tosser.

gotitans101_
17-05-13, 09:32 PM
Can't wait to see the dribble Carty dishes up in the press conference this time. Probably go off blaming the referee's again.

Titanic Believer
17-05-13, 09:32 PM
Not to dis the work ethic of Myles and Bird but I don't there is a leader in the team. They seem to play headless. A no one to pull the loose cannons in when needed.

Tamwelg
17-05-13, 09:33 PM
Carty should do the honourable thing and quit...... Waits did Coaster to unleash :D. Sorry mate I know it's a broken record, but I think we need to get even louder now.

Titanic
17-05-13, 09:33 PM
Tomkins would get destroyed by our structure and then cop the blame ... better at the Warriors where he can just blame the weather. Words can't describe my feelings ... Sezer, who has how many linebreaks, has been heading this way for a few weeks and I would plump for Henry right now ... we are ruining good young players.

Hail Sezer
17-05-13, 09:34 PM
Total Package.

The TP of all TP's

Hahaha Dave Taylor smoking thaiday, he is so dangerous on the left.

We are in the top 8 and no chance of being here come finals time. So so bad but call me silly it was entertaining lol.

lol it provided a bit of a laugh here too. Good to see

DIEHARD
17-05-13, 09:35 PM
Can't tell you all how disappointed and depressed I am. I bet I don't need to. We all feel the same.

We would have won no new fans tonight. We would have tested the passion of our loyal fans. Lucky next week isn't a home game.

Mexican titan

Yep. I have stayed off the sack Cartwright bandwagon but I am now the number 1 ticket holder. He should be at Centrelink first thing Monday and holding the door open for Mick Potter.
Oh that's right, he will not be eligible for Centrelink payments as he will get too much in his payout.
When a team turns up with that mindset and complete lack of any attacking plan, the fault lays firmly at the foot of the coach.
David May - time to act.

DIEHARD
Carty should do the honourable thing and quit...... Waits did Coaster to unleash :D. Sorry mate I know it's a broken record, but I think we need to get even louder now.

It is a broken record. But I think now is the time to remix it. Enough is enough.

lonegull
17-05-13, 09:36 PM

Yep agree

DIEHARD
17-05-13, 09:37 PM
Yep. I have stayed off the sack Cartwright bandwagon but I am now the number 1 ticket holder. He should be at Centrelink first thing Monday and holding the door open for Mick Potter.
Oh that's right, he will not be eligible for Centrelink payments as he will get too much in his payout.
When a team turns up with that mindset and complete lack of any attacking plan, the fault lays firmly at the foot of the coach.
David May - time to act.

Not sure if the Wests Tigers are enjoying the Mick Potter experience. But I did rate him.

Two words.

PAUL GREEN.

Titanic Believer
17-05-13, 09:38 PM
Ditto depression. Especially having to listen to Hadley call the game. I should have put it on mute.

Mexican titan
17-05-13, 09:39 PM
Not sure if the Wests Tigers are enjoying the Mick Potter experience. But I did rate him.

Two words.

PAUL GREEN.

Two words.
Any one.

gotitans101_
17-05-13, 09:41 PM

Two words.

PAUL GREEN.

True but to be fair, the Tigers have 3/4 of their salary cap out injured. We have our full team and get flogged by nearly 30 points against a team who were beaten by the Eels last week. Alarm bells should be ringing.

lonegull
17-05-13, 09:42 PM
Paul Green agree, hopefully his name is being mentioned in titans world

Smakked
17-05-13, 09:43 PM
Cool , we wont make the 8 so hopefully thats a good enough reason to get a new coach.

teke
17-05-13, 09:43 PM

Two words.

PAUL GREEN.two words... Any one

bigjim
17-05-13, 09:44 PM
Just off the top. Even before the game started I thought I was watching Bronco TV. All the commentators talked about was the Broncos. Little or no mention of the Titans.
The game: What's with all the bad discipline. We have the players but there is something drastically wrong with our game plan. Somebody slipped them some angry pills as well. Trying to smash them out of game really worked for them didn't it. That comes down to the coaching staff.
Granted there was some questionable calls that got the Titans riled up but really, how about some common sense. Two soft tries to start followed by an avalanche of penalties whether right or wrong and the Titans fold up their tent and go home.
Well done guys. Really proud of the effort. You will be very lucky to finish in the eight this year. You either win tight games or get slammed. Not really finals material.
Don't normally blame coaches but I think he has a lot to answer for. He was, after all, the Blues assistant coach. Devoid of ideas I think.

gotitans101_
almost time to change that sig I think teke.

Tamwelg
two words... Any one

Haha that's just 1 word split ;)

Titanic Believer
17-05-13, 09:45 PM
No good the management putting all the effort to bring back crowds no amount of pom pom girls can replace a team with character. In the early days they had it, they don't now.