DIEHARD
05-01-13, 09:05 PM
Gold Coast Titans vs St George-Illawarra Dragons
Sunday May 12 3:00 PM - Skilled Park

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx100342.jpg

DIEHARD
01-05-13, 07:46 PM
Dugan set to finally sign deal with Dragons

Josh Dugan is on the verge of a return to the NRL after his manager met St George Illawarra officials on Wednesday to finalise a contract at the joint venture.

A source close to the deal told Fairfax Media that Dugan's manager, Paul Sutton, held talks with Dragons chief executive Peter Doust and recruitment manager Craig Young on Wednesday afternoon to finalise the details of the deal. The NRL is yet to receive the contract from the Dragons but it's understood St George Illawarra could announce his signing as early as Thursday to send the deal to the NRL for registration.

The NRL has given no guarantees it will sign off on the contract immediately, but the Dragons are hopeful of having the troubled fullback in their side for the round-nine clash with the Gold Coast Titans in just over a week's time. It's understood the deal is for the rest of 2013 as well as another two years, but there has been a delay in negotiations over a number of clauses in the contract.

The Dragons are way of Dugan bringing the club into disrepute with another off-field misdemeanour and are ensuring they are covering themselves with various clauses in the contract. The Dragons have been in negotiations with Dugan since the Broncos tore up their $2 million offer to the troubled former Raiders fullback a month ago.

Advertisement Dugan won't attract the $650,000-a-season he did at the Raiders before he was sacked but it is understood the Dragons are willing to fork out up to $1.5m for the next two-and-a-half years for his services. The deal was placed in jeopardy when allegations surfaced that Dugan had been involved in a brawl after a funeral in Canberra three weeks ago, but the 22-year-old has since denied any physical altercation.

The Dragons have also expressed some interest in dumped Canberra halfback Sam Williams, who will play for Mounties in the NSW Cup this weekend.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/dugan-set-to-finally-sign-deal-with-dragons-20130501-2it5t.html#ixzz2S25vFNWg

DIEHARD
01-05-13, 07:46 PM
Looks like we will face him.

DavidBouveng
01-05-13, 08:00 PM
Hope the NRL at least makes him sweat a few weeks.

hammer
01-05-13, 08:31 PM
Looks like we will face him.

Hopefully he has become very unfit and bloated and even if he did line up would have very little impact.

DIEHARD
01-05-13, 11:26 PM
Hopefully he has become very unfit and bloated and even if he did line up would have very little impact.

Yea slammed down a few 100 cruisers.

Supergoose
02-05-13, 07:26 AM
He'll be pumping with adrenaline and an even bigger chip on his shoulder. This is not good for us. The Dragons are another team we must beat, especially at home if we are to get back into the finals. The biggest concern is our flanks against theirs. If they get their second phase play going and Sowards kicking game is on Dugan, Morris and Nightingale will carve. Real danger game in our season.

DIEHARD
05-05-13, 04:26 PM
Based on today's performance, which I havent seen, how are people feeling?

DIEHARD
05-05-13, 04:30 PM
Titans v Dragons, should always be a big game and crowd. We have lots of history with them, including our first ever NRL match which we narrowly lost.

We all know as fans that the Dragons fans will come out in large numbers.

So here is my plug for tickets! CLICK HERE (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=TIT0913)

Geeman
05-05-13, 06:40 PM
Can anyone tell me why we are playing so many games on Sundays?
Is it just luck of the draw or is it something the club requested?

DIEHARD
05-05-13, 06:44 PM
Can anyone tell me why we are playing so many games on Sundays?
Is it just luck of the draw or is it something the club requested?

I'd say it's all about the TV and Nine and Fox Sports taking their picks.

Do you like Sundays?

Geeman
05-05-13, 06:49 PM
I'd say it's all about the TV and Nine and Fox Sports taking their picks.

Do you like Sundays?

Normally I wouldn't mind, but my Sundays are ridiculously busy at the moment, and I am having to sacrifice getting through workload so I can watch games, as I have no way of recording them. :(
I had a look forward a few weeks and see it is not going to get any better...

Mexican titan
05-05-13, 06:56 PM
Personally I love Sundays as that is what I grew up with. The down side of it is if we were taken seriously as a challenger we would have been allocated a lot of Friday night games.

hammer
05-05-13, 07:06 PM
I would imagine the Titans will see years of this type of scheduling due to the Broncos ratings and Channel 9 continuing to slot them into Friday night matches. IMO it gives the Broncos a significant advantage due to having very few short turn-arounds or long breaks and enables them to get into a groove of consistency to their approach to matches.
The Cowboys have their usual Saturday matches scheduled (which they request and love) and the Titans are treated like second class cousins and are slotted in to the leftover slots.
I must say we are not the only club in this position but being only one of three QLD teams doesn't help IMO.
The only way this will change is if we become the dominant NRL team from QLD in this competition.

Smakked
05-05-13, 07:16 PM
Based on today's performance, which I havent seen, how are people feeling?

Not very confident at all

karnage
07-05-13, 11:13 AM
If we can't beat the Dragons at home then we can give up on being a top 10 contender, let alone top 8. They had over 60% of the ball last night and still lost - unheard of in the modern game. Their attack is every bit as stilted as ours.

This is going to be a boring game played by two teams that are going to be more concerned with 'not losing' than they are with winning. 16 points will be enough to win it.

There should be a good crowd there but it is mothers day and very few families can afford to take the whole tribe along to games these days - and few would want to because we are playing such an unattractive brand of football.

This is a game we have to win.

Titanic
07-05-13, 01:00 PM
Confucius say: woman who sleep outside synagogue likely to wake up with heavy dew on top.

Just thought I'd break the mood ... after last week I am resigned to another season of mediocrity so let's not get too carried away lads. Titans x 2

Hail Sezer
07-05-13, 01:14 PM
iSelect Gold Coast Titans trio David Mead, Kevin Gordon and Ben Ridge have been named to make their returns from injury for this Sunday’s Mother’s Day Clash against the St George Illawarra Dragons at Skilled Park.
iSelect Titans Coach John Cartwright today named flying wingers Mead and Gordon to return to the side in place of Anthony Don and Steve Michaels.
Mead returns to the starting line-up four weeks after suffering a broken jaw, while Gordon has also been included after missing the past two matches with a hamstring injury.
Ridge has been named to return from a torn pectoral he suffered in the Round 5 clash against the Broncos at Skilled Park, with Mark Ioane named on an extended five-man bench after making his NRL debut last weekend against the Warriors.

iSelect Titans vs St George Illawarra Dragons
Sunday, May 12
3pm – Skilled Park

1 William Zillman
2 Kevin Gordon
3 Brad Takairangi
4 Jamal Idris
5 David Mead
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Albert Kelly
8 Luke Bailey
9 Beau Falloon
10 Luke Douglas
11 Greg Bird
12 Mark Minichiello
13 Nate Myles
Interchange
14 David Taylor
15 Ryan James
16 Ben Ridge
17 Sam Irwin
18 Mark Ioane

Titans NYC vs Dragons NYC
12.45pm kick-off
1 Jahrome Hughes
2 Kurtis McDonald
3 Rian Diffey
4 Matt Russell
5 Jared Teo
6 Matthew Beddow
7 Kane Elgey
8 Mitchell Hall
9 Zach Friend
10 Oliver Percy
11 Sam Johnson
12 Hymel Hunt
13 Kyle McConnell
Interchange
14 Caleb Binge
15 Adam Gledhill
16 Sam Harrold
17 Nathan Wilson
18 Mitch Ardler
Coach Jamie O’Connor

Surfers66
07-05-13, 01:20 PM
I would go to the game but there is no carpark..

Pretty silly really I have a girlfriend who doesnt drink and cant take advantage of it.

This is only a guess but could very well be true.

If you were to trial a carpark or some sort of parking near the stadium at no cost (OR even $5 if you have too) our crowds would be 25% bigger regardless of ticket prices.
Mr May needs to realise no one wants to go because of the before and aspect of getting there, it is a hassle and really annoys me.

Rant over.

Hail Sezer
07-05-13, 01:27 PM
Good to see the likes of Mead, Ridge and Gordon all returning from injury.

Another point worthy of note is Matt Russell being named at centre again for NYC..I am starting to think Carty requested this given our lack of depth in that position. Russell went really well there last week, hopefully he can do it again.

TITAN PETE
07-05-13, 02:42 PM

Pretty silly really I have a girlfriend who doesnt drink and cant take advantage of it.

If you were to trial a carpark or some sort of parking near the stadium at no cost (OR even $5 if you have too) our crowds would be 25% bigger regardless of ticket prices.
Mr May needs to realise no one wants to go because of the before and aspect of getting there, it is a hassle and really annoys me.

Rant over.

If u get there for gates opening time you can park with out any problems & it's an easy 5-10 minute walk & when u return to your car u drive straight out without any drama's.

shamus
07-05-13, 02:47 PM

Rant over.

If u get there for gates opening time you can park with out any problems & it's an easy 5-10 minute walk & when u return to your car u drive straight out without any drama's.

They used to monitor cars parking at the Town Centre but they no longer do that...so a 10 minute walk from the Town centre is all that is required. Just follow the crowds :rolf:

Coaster
07-05-13, 04:09 PM
I'll be there with bells on. Having a beer with some mates and enjoying the day.

Suck it up princesses

DIEHARD
07-05-13, 05:49 PM
Mr May needs to realise no one wants to go because of the before and aspect of getting there, it is a hassle and really annoys me

You aren't wrong. It definitely needs to be part of our strategy in the near future.

Also the before and after aspect as you said, not just the hassle of getting out by train, which I think is worse since they added the extra train stations.

But people want a precinct where they can go eat, drink and chill out. Also helps justify the night out to family and friends.

Smakked
07-05-13, 06:36 PM
Not sure if i will make this one fellas, Missus is in hospital for a few days and wont be out till saturday so might be looking after her. Go Titans, I want a win and a good one

teke
07-05-13, 07:54 PM
Titans by 20, take that to the bank

DavidBouveng
07-05-13, 09:00 PM
Titans by 20, take that to the bank

St George bank?

Hail Sezer
07-05-13, 09:17 PM
St George bank?

Goku strikes again

DIEHARD
07-05-13, 09:40 PM
Not sure if i will make this one fellas, Missus is in hospital for a few days and wont be out till saturday so might be looking after her. Go Titans, I want a win and a good one

Best wishes. Hope she is 100% soon.

DIEHARD
07-05-13, 09:41 PM
Delighted to see Mead, Ridge and Gordon back. Hope Albert gets the all clear. Nasty knock last weekend. Hope it isn't a reoccuring thing that he turns into a footy guest star. Just bad luck.

DIEHARD
07-05-13, 11:20 PM
Been keen for quite a while to make some new big Titans flags. Love to use them against the Dragons. I'll see what I can do, even just one would be a start

DIEHARD
08-05-13, 02:48 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/179150_535832313124683_1549354265_n.jpg

DIEHARD
08-05-13, 02:49 AM
Mead's jaw-dropping return to Titans

TITANS flyer David Mead will have a mouthguard custom-made so he can return to NRL action just four weeks after breaking his jaw.

Mead, Kevin Gordon (hamstring) and Ben Ridge (pectoral) were yesterday named to return from injury in the clash against St George Illawarra at Skilled Park on Sunday.

And Mead is expected to return with confidence after making a similar comeback from a broken jaw almost exactly one year ago.

``The surgeon's given him the all-clear. It's four weeks, so he's right to go and he's very keen,'' Titans coach John Cartwright said of Mead.

``He's probably a bit fortunate in that he's had the same injury before and he knows that he was able to play within four weeks, so he's confident.''

Mead broke his jaw last month, playing through the pain to help the Titans to a courageous comeback win against Parramatta before having surgery later that night.

``He'll have a special mouthguard made up but nothing over-the-top. It's more of a mental thing now,'' Cartwright said. ``The reality is, the bone is as strong as it ever was.

``He'll be confident he can get through it.''

The return of Gordon from a hamstring injury means the Titans will have their first-choice backline on the park for the first time in more than a month.

``Kevvie (Gordon) and Dave (Mead) are only young but they've got plenty of first grade under their belt and I see them as future representative players,'' Cartwright said.

``So to get them back in the side is a bonus.''

Cartwright conceded Ridge was on the fringe of selection last week but the Titans are wary of taking players less than 100 per cent fit into games.

``We're at that stage where we get them right then probably give them one more week to make sure,'' Cartwright said.

``He had a good tough week of full training last week and another one this week and he'll be right.''

The return of Mead and Gordon has forced Anthony Don and Steve Michaels out of the side, while forward Mark Ioane, who made his debut against the Warriors last week, has been named on an extended bench.

``I was really impressed with how he went ... he didn't look out of place,'' Cartwright said of Ioane.

``He's very physical, his body language was good, he did everything that was asked of him.

``Mark's only a young fella and I do see a career for him in first grade but like most guys in that position, they've got to bide their time, get time when they can and in coming years I see a future first-grader in him.''

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2013/05/08/451555_gold-coast-titans.html

Titan Fanatic
10-05-13, 07:56 AM
Dugan officially to St George on a video at nrl.com

DavidBouveng
10-05-13, 08:06 AM
But not playing this week I heard.

I think that's good. He's unpredictable enough to make me uncomfortable, but I do wonder what condition he is in.

Titan Fanatic
10-05-13, 08:09 AM
On the video he did look bigger around the face, but who knows

Titanic
10-05-13, 09:36 AM
On the video he did look bigger around the face, but who knows
His boyfriend b1tch-slapped him a few times.

TITAN PETE
10-05-13, 10:05 AM
His boyfriend b1tch-slapped him a few times.

I didn't think Sandor was violent :rolleyes:

DIEHARD
10-05-13, 12:32 PM
Why would he be signed but not play?

TITAN PETE
10-05-13, 12:57 PM
Why would he be signed but not play?

Got to wait for the drugs to pass through his system :thumbsup:

Titan Fanatic
10-05-13, 01:08 PM
nrl.com has an article about dugan playing this weekend. Or at least available to play if the coach wants

Nick
10-05-13, 02:03 PM
Dugan will play for sure, Morris is out so Dugan to Fb and nightingale on wing.

The dragons were decent against manly, I think this will be a good tough game.

Supergoose
10-05-13, 02:49 PM
Will have to see who gets on the plane. Adam Quinlan is tipped to play as is Nathan Green who was pretty good last week. I won't be surprised to see Dugan play, he's just one of those guys who doesn't need much time to get up to speed.

DIEHARD
10-05-13, 05:45 PM
Coach Steve Price is leaving the door open for Dugan

St George Illawarra coach Steve Price will consider rushing star recruit Josh Dugan into his starting side to face Gold Coast on Sunday, less than 48 hours after securing the former Canberra bad boy's signature.

Dugan, who was sacked by the Raiders for breaching club rules in March, signed a short-term deal with the Dragons for the remainder of the 2013 campaign on Friday.

The former NSW full-back hasn't played a single game this season and told a large media contingent he doesn't deserve to be rushed straight into first-grade.

But Price is leaving the door open for Dugan, who turned 23 on Friday, to face the Titans this weekend.

"That's a good question," Price said when asked when Dugan will make his debut for the Red V.

"We'll just have to wait and see, we've got our captain's run tomorrow before we go to the Gold Coast so I'll make a decision after the captain's run.

"I'm not writing it off, I just have to get a gauge on where Josh is at.

"He's in a really good head space as you saw this morning and he has been doing a little bit of training behind the scenes by himself, so we'll just make a decision after tomorrow and go from there."

Dugan's inclusion would be a major boost for the Dragons who have lost NSW winger Brett Morris for two to four weeks with a knee injury.

New Zealand international Jason Nightingale has been filling in at full-back but will shift back to the wing if Dugan is selected.

"No disrespect to Jase (Jason Nightingale), he's doing a hell of a job there but he (Dugan) has played Origin and he knows what it takes," Price said.

"It's important that he's got to earn the right within our player group and our club culture, which I'm very confident he will do that and then he can let his football do the talking.

"He's an outstanding support player, he's got great awareness to space and he's just going give us that extra ball playing ability out the back."

Price described Dugan as a '10-out-of-10 guy' and is confident he can control the serial off-field offender.

"Everyone deserves a second chance and he hasn't come out and committed a crime and been charged with a crime," Price said.

"It's just off-field issues which have been well speculated and he's working really hard to improve that and we have a strong brand within out footy club and we'll be doing all we can to help him.

"He's been honest and up front with me from the outset and that's all I expect from my players and I've always got their backs if they're honest and up front with me.

"So the dealings and meetings I've had with Josh, I can only go off that and he's been a 10-out-of-10 so that's all I expect."

A remorseful Dugan revealed he regrets 'the way things went down' at Canberra and thanked the Dragons for giving him what he believes is his 'final chance' in the NRL.

He says a stint working as a labourer made him appreciate life as a professional sportsman and is confident he can stay out of trouble.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/

Hail Sezer
11-05-13, 10:42 AM
Just read that Ash Harrison is playing..so Ridge has been dropped to Q cup. Whaaat.

Boofhead
11-05-13, 10:57 AM
Just read that Ash Harrison is playing..so Ridge has been dropped to Q cup. Whaaat.

Mini has been going good, once he drops one ball though. Gooooone!

teke
11-05-13, 06:26 PM
Just read that Ash Harrison is playing..so Ridge has been dropped to Q cup. Whaaat.minis running game seems to be a fair bit better than Ridges.

Much the muchness, look for the side to pump fien and Stanley.

DIEHARD
12-05-13, 11:48 AM
Any news on Dugan?

hammer
12-05-13, 11:51 AM
I guess we will have to wait till an hour before kickoff to truly know if Dugan is playing...my guess...he will play!

DIEHARD
12-05-13, 12:02 PM
Gold Coast Titans' focus on St George Illawarra Dragons forward Trent Merrin

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2013/05/11/1226639/935264-trent-merrin.jpg

GOLD Coast coach John Cartwright has branded Trent Merrin the master of the art of the offload and a key focus for the Titans ahead of today's clash with St George Illawarra at Skilled Park.

While Cartwright fully expects the Dragons to field new fullback Josh Dugan just 48 hours after signing with the club, it is the presence and ability of in-form lock Merrin that has the Titans on high alert.

The 102kg forward has been the star of the Dragons pack this year and many expect him to add to his four matches for NSW when Laurie Daley names his Origin I team in three weeks.

Merrin leads the NRL for offloads, equal on 21 at the top of the charts with the man many consider the most dangerous offloader in recent history, Sonny Bill Williams.

"Yeah that wouldn't surprise me (that Merrin is level with Williams). It is an art in the game and he is about the best at it," Cartwright said.

"Merrin's probably the best exponent of it in the game at the moment. They're very productive offloads too, they're not just doing it for the sake of it. They generally play a lot of football off the back of it and he is very dangerous."

The Titans are almost back to full strength, with Queensland Origin lock Ashley Harrison passing a fitness test yesterday on his ankle to join David Mead (broken jaw) on the injury comeback trail.

Titans skipper Nate Myles said it wasn't just Merrin and his "fantastic footwork" who was at the forefront of their plans, but crafty winger Jason Nightingale.

"Nightingale is another bloke we've mentioned in our video sessions, he has an ability to sneak around the ruck and do some good things," Myles said.

"Watching a lot of their recent games they've been playing some good footy. I thought last week they were outstanding and a lot of play comes off their offloads and their mobile men around the middle. Our standards have got to rise a lot from last week to be competitive."

If, where and how Dugan slots into the team is another issue for the Titans.

They expect Dugan to line up at fullback, so much so his name was called several times during yesterday's final training run. Some might consider it a risk to rush Dugan directly into first grade after eight weeks in league limbo, but Cartwright believes the ex-NSW fullback will be ready to fire.

"I'd imagine with (Brett) Morris being out it seems natural they would shift Nightingale to the wing and put Dugan in at fullback," Cartwright said.

"We can't do much, we can talk about it but we won't really know until an hour before kick off.

"I don't know whether he has been training, to what extent he has had with them in the build-up to the game.

"One thing is he will be out to prove himself so if he's out there we will expect him at his best."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au

DIEHARD
12-05-13, 12:04 PM
Josh Dugan a fitness gamble for St George Illawarra Dragons

GOLD Coast co-captain Greg Bird believes a desperate St George Illawarra would be gambling by rushing recruit Josh Dugan into their NRL line-up.

The former Canberra fullback was unveiled as a Dragon on Friday and is believed to be in line to join his new teammates for Sunday's NRL clash with the Titans at Skilled Park.

It means Dugan, sacked by Canberra in March, could be thrust into first-team action despite not playing since the Raiders' round-one loss to Penrith.

Titans enforcer Bird believes Dugan's pent-up frustration could inspire him to a great debut for the Dragons or his lack of match fitness will be exposed.

"You never know what he's going to turn up with,'' said Bird, who played in Dugan's sole State of Origin appearance for NSW in 2011.

"He's a player who has been out of the game for a bit.

"He could turn up and have a blinder but, on the other side of the coin, he hasn't played for a while. His fitness might be down, so I'm sure we'll try to run him around as much as we can with our kicking game.''

Dugan's elevation from rugby league outcast to starting player highlights the Dragons' poor start to the season in Bird's mind.

With star back Brett Morris out with injury and the team sitting 12th on the ladder, Bird feels the 2010 premiers are the best opposition to face as the Titans aim to end a two-game losing run before the representative period.

"There's no better opportunity than St George,'' he said.

"They've had a rough start to the season themselves and suffered an injury to one of their best players in Brett Morris.

"We've got to make sure we turn up but at our home ground ... hopefully we can put on a good show.''

The Titans had a boost on Saturday with representative forward Ashley Harrison cleared to play in his first start since injuring his ankle in April.

The Queensland Origin forward will come into the Titans' line-up at the expense of interchange forward Ben Ridge.

"He is a massive part of our team, especially defensively holding that middle and core together,'' Bird said.

http://www.news.com.au

Hail Sezer
12-05-13, 01:19 PM
Dugan confirmed not playing.

DIEHARD
12-05-13, 01:28 PM
Now either Dugan is not playing or Steve Price is a liar. Cause he said as much on the Sunday Footy Show.

DIEHARD
12-05-13, 01:29 PM
Dugan confirmed not playing.

Probably the first sign that the Dragons may be desperate but they won't be taking any ****.

Hail Sezer
12-05-13, 01:30 PM
Now either Dugan is not playing or Steve Price is a liar. Cause he said as much on the Sunday Footy Show.

Haha yeah that was my source. Not fussed either way tbh, feeling confident about the team getting the job done today.

Is the rain still holding out over there?

shamus
12-05-13, 01:32 PM
Blue sky and SUN....Great...:mad:

Hail Sezer
12-05-13, 01:53 PM
Blue sky and SUN....Great...:mad:

I sat in a stadium last night with 5 layers and a beanie on with my hands in my pockets the entire time because I was too cold to move.

Please don't complain about such a luxury :laugh:

thelwall
12-05-13, 02:54 PM
young guy playing fullback - bomb the **** out of him

mdrew
12-05-13, 03:20 PM
Sigh - We are down already, a silly penalty and a Zillman mistake.

Hail Sezer
12-05-13, 03:22 PM
Sigh - We are down already, a silly penalty and a Zillman mistake.

make that 2

Got possession now, can we please go wider than first man

mdrew
12-05-13, 03:23 PM
Another penalty - another long afternoon

gotitans101_
12-05-13, 03:24 PM
young guy playing fullback - bomb the **** out of him

Sezer just tried this - Quinlan took it comfortably.

gotitans101_
12-05-13, 03:29 PM
Harrison giving away his second penalty in 15 minutes.

mdrew
12-05-13, 03:30 PM
Where is the discipline - three penalties now

gotitans101_
12-05-13, 03:31 PM
Beautiful play by Idris, Meady and Zilly!

mdrew
12-05-13, 03:31 PM
Go Zillman - 4-4

Hail Sezer
12-05-13, 03:32 PM
Zilly there in support, good.

Our right side is strong-lets use it.

Hail Sezer
12-05-13, 03:36 PM
Idris is a man on a mission

thelwall
12-05-13, 03:38 PM
idris has been in form

thelwall
12-05-13, 03:47 PM
jesus christ

gotitans101_
12-05-13, 03:53 PM
Harrison is useless.

mdrew
12-05-13, 03:55 PM
Harrison again

Hail Sezer
classic zillman pass

Hail Sezer
I use the term pass very loosely

thelwall
12-05-13, 04:04 PM
how have we been playing so far ?

Hail Sezer
12-05-13, 04:07 PM
how have we been playing so far ?

disjointed. Struggling to score when in possession on the last when we're attacking the line.

Have been some big hits from Jamal though, hes playing well.

teke
12-05-13, 04:09 PM
how have we been playing so far ?playing Meh, idris is a step above any other Titan.

No sharpness in the backline passing and dragons consistently digging in behind the ruck which is getting the titans on the back foot

gotitans101_
12-05-13, 04:16 PM
lol we are still clueless in attack. Hit it up until 5th then hope for the best on the kick. ****ing Cartwright.

Hail Sezer
12-05-13, 04:18 PM
lol we are still clueless in attack. Hit it up until 5th then hope for the best on the kick. ****ing Cartwright.

Pretty much this. We've had more than enough chances to score, or at least force a repeat set

thelwall
12-05-13, 04:23 PM
who is looking more likely ??

gotitans101_
12-05-13, 04:24 PM
Dragons in. Nightingale > Zillman.

thelwall
12-05-13, 04:26 PM
oh dw..................

titanfan1980
12-05-13, 04:29 PM
If we can't beat these mugs we are a bottom 6 side.. Come on titans!! So something, anything!!

Hail Sezer
12-05-13, 04:30 PM
Did that just happen

gotitans101_
12-05-13, 04:34 PM
Robbed a try there.

Hail Sezer
12-05-13, 04:34 PM
How the **** was that not a try?

thelwall
12-05-13, 04:35 PM
COME ON TITANS FIRE UP AND DO SOMETHING JESUS CHRIST

thelwall
12-05-13, 04:37 PM
we have some of the best attacking weapons and cant even use them

Hail Sezer
12-05-13, 04:39 PM
Zillman is playing well. Running lines that a fullback should.

thelwall
12-05-13, 04:39 PM
zillman double what is the world coming too

thelwall
12-05-13, 04:59 PM
nerve racking

Hail Sezer
12-05-13, 05:00 PM
Did Harrison just knock it on again?

thelwall
12-05-13, 05:03 PM
we won we won we won we won we won

gotitans101_
12-05-13, 05:03 PM
It wasn't a very convincing win, just like every other week. We should have beaten the Dragons 12+.

Geeman
12-05-13, 05:10 PM
All we need is a bulls**t call early each week to fire the boys up and we will go well... :fight:

Boofhead
12-05-13, 05:42 PM
Did Harrison just knock it on again?

Yes. It was more on Myles for throwing a hospital pass.

Hail Sezer
12-05-13, 05:55 PM
I thought Taka had his best game of the season. Ran straight and hard.

Dopamine
12-05-13, 06:03 PM
I thought Taka had his best game of the season. Ran straight and hard.

Yeah totaly deserved that try he nearly scored... Cant believed Zilly got a double. Looks like the Tomkins rumour put his ass into gear.

Julius Sezer
12-05-13, 06:07 PM
Worst game of the season in terms of excitement. We have no attacking structure whatsoever. Idris has been very good though.

Boonarga
12-05-13, 06:09 PM
Good to see Zillman get a double. I don't know why some of you bag him so much. Only Slater backs up on more plays than him. The difference being Melbourne players are good enough/coached well enough, to get it to him.

That said, he should be moved to centre if we can get Tomkins.

Good win but we need to play much better to beat the top sides.

Smakked
12-05-13, 06:15 PM
Man we won but that was a boring game to watch, attack WTF there is none, to many times caught on the 5th aswell. Not very confident for fridays game

Julius Sezer
12-05-13, 06:19 PM
Zillman barring some shocking passes was good today in terms of his line running and getting involved in plays. Should have got a hattrick. That decision was a shocker.

teke
12-05-13, 06:19 PM
Zero attack, and the attack that comes looks to be very easy to defend.

This team needs Kelly to turn into Phil Blake...so much empty back field to plonk through kicks in their own half to get the wingers into the game.

Zilly played alright, still way too slow to inject himself into the game.

Idris was my MoM easy

Julius Sezer
12-05-13, 06:22 PM
Loved Mead's break out wide to set Zillman up for a try. We should be eyeing those plays more often.

DavidBouveng
12-05-13, 06:25 PM
ok,

just got back, need the obligatory replay to know things for sure,

but the backs individually all played quite well, with Idris being a standout.

Zillman still made some howlers, but at least contributed some good running lines and a couple of tries.

Mead had a really strong return, great speed and skill in early parts.

Gordon and Taka has there best game this season IMO, and while risky, we could see some cool stuff on that side.

Forwards all did there usual stuff, Bird and Falloon the guns there, although they all need to stop taking potshots at the tryline, kills the momentum.

Across the park there werent any poor players, but they still look average as a team due to our lack of decent structure... the ingredients are all there and they are hungry....just need someone in the drivers seat who can come up with something. With some coaching we should be able to perform like any of the top sides as we certainly have the cattle.

DavidBouveng
12-05-13, 06:28 PM
Zero attack, and the attack that comes looks to be very easy to defend.

This team needs Kelly to turn into Phil Blake...so much empty back field to plonk through kicks in their own half to get the wingers into the game.

Zilly played alright, still way too slow to inject himself into the game.

Idris was my MoM easy

Yeah he is so good to watch. most of his highlights are defense too.

Bird was super strong and is such a good leader. love his passion and how the troups rally behind him. i forget myles is co captain sometimes.

Titanic
12-05-13, 06:34 PM
Two very vital points and nothing to say that hasn't been said every week this season about the non-existent structure ... so disheartening.

karnage
12-05-13, 06:49 PM
Two things to consider before anybody gets excited about that win - although thankfully there are very few people doing that. The soul is being sucked out of the supporters watching that rubbish that we dish up week after week:

Teams that lose a game scheduled as MNF lose their next game 62% of the time. That number rises to 78% if next game is Away. That was the Dragons today. Teams only win 1 game in 4 in their position. We kept them within 1 point on a day where they scored a massive total of 14.

Sack Carty now while the season is still alive.

DavidBouveng
12-05-13, 06:57 PM
Two things to consider before anybody gets excited about that win - although thankfully there are very few people doing that. The soul is being sucked out of the supporters watching that rubbish that we dish up week after week:

Teams that lose a game scheduled as MNF lose their next game 62% of the time. That number rises to 78% if next game is Away. That was the Dragons today. Teams only win 1 game in 4 in their position. We kept them within 1 point on a day where they scored a massive total of 14.

Sack Carty now while the season is still alive.

yeah , usually when u get to the tryline is a time to get excited. me and my mate were trying to guess which 4 forwards would 'kill' one on the line before the kick....its not meant to be that way.

bigman
12-05-13, 07:43 PM
just finished watching the game. Had to have a laugh when Gould said the titans looked the more likely to score(this is when it was 8-8) cause we have no idea.The amount of ball we had in their 20 we should have scored 3-4 more tries.

Mexican titan
12-05-13, 08:54 PM
yeah , usually when u get to the tryline is a time to get excited. me and my mate were trying to guess which 4 forwards would 'kill' one on the line before the kick....its not meant to be that way.

Pretty spot on DB and your match summary was on the money as well. The only thing I would add is that it was like watching Prince's kicking game again with the amount of time Sezer kicked it straight down their throats - find the grass FFS.
In attack and within 20 metres of the opposition try line we are crap. It's like they don't know what to do and just think oh well we'll put a bomb up on the 5th. I was pleasantly surprised that Zilly scored from a worked move close to the line. All too rare.
I guess we are hard markers we are 5-4 and in the 8 but for what we have on paper we are marking time.

Coaster
12-05-13, 09:08 PM
I am getting pretty sick of listening to the crap coming out of some of your mouths.

Just so you don't think I'm mistaken. I am at talking about Titanic and Karnage

I used to like listening to either. Can't stand even looking at the forum now

DavidBouveng
12-05-13, 09:40 PM
Watching replay now,

Aside from zillys errors and tries, overall his involvement was better.

His handling still not great, but timing his runs alot better and had alot more support runs than usual. That is an important step.

Bayside Titan
12-05-13, 09:45 PM
I thought that we played ok. Abit too much ball hit the deck though. It was an ugly win but a win none the less. Agree with a few people that Falloon and Bird played out of there skin. Thought our attack on the try line was abit vanilla I guess a good area of opportunity for us. Taka seems like he is finding his feet. I thought that this week we were better than the past few games coming out of trouble. Good result and we stay in the top eight.

Smakked
12-05-13, 09:49 PM
Just watching the replay now, we did play pretty well actually, attack is lacking but we know that, defense was pretty good, the trys that they got against us were 50/50 anyway. Takarangi had an awesome game, he gets better all the time, if he stays fit we wont see Micheals again thank god!

TITAN PETE
12-05-13, 10:01 PM
I am getting pretty sick of listening to the crap coming out of some of your mouths.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

TITAN PETE
12-05-13, 10:03 PM
Bird Brilliant
Idris Awesome
Kelly,Sezar,Bailey,Myles,Falloon & Taylor great games

I also am sure we have the 16th best fullback in the comp.

DavidBouveng
12-05-13, 10:09 PM
Bird Brilliant
Idris Awesome
Kelly,Sezar,Bailey,Myles,Falloon & Taylor great games

I also am sure we have the 16th best fullback in the comp.

not if you count guys like hoffman, gidley, nightingale and ppl who are better fullbacks playing out of position. top 20 is good too though.

Titans13
12-05-13, 10:12 PM

Couldn't agree more...

DIEHARD
12-05-13, 10:34 PM
Got to spend the game in a corporate box thanks to Mick who invited Coaster and Lee and myself along.

It was a very frustrating game, we were lucky to get the win. I think at least one or two of those three? disallowed tries had to be ok. Much like DB I have a replay primed to watch.

It seemed that there is an EMP field near the try line and all creativity gets sucked out of us. One off footy really.

I was in awe of Idris through out the game, Taylor also had some good moments. Bird as well. Great to see Gordo have a good game and great to see Mead back.

But I was so happy to beat the Dragons, even by just a point. That type of footy wont bring the fans through the gates but it was a timely victory with Broncos and Cowboys losing and the Knights too.

Shocked by the crowd, the weather was looking shocking on the way to the stadium but it was a perfect environment at the stadium. Also maybe I underestimated the Mother's Day factor. We need to win footy games and boost our crowds or we are going to post a poor season average.

Bayside Titan
12-05-13, 11:07 PM
Got to spend the game in a corporate box thanks to Mick who invited Coaster and Lee and myself along.

It was a very frustrating game, we were lucky to get the win. I think at least one or two of those three? disallowed tries had to be ok. Much like DB I have a replay primed to watch.

It seemed that there is an EMP field near the try line and all creativity gets sucked out of us. One off footy really.

I was in awe of Idris through out the game, Taylor also had some good moments. Bird as well. Great to see Gordo have a good game and great to see Mead back.

But I was so happy to beat the Dragons, even by just a point. That type of footy wont bring the fans through the gates but it was a timely victory with Broncos and Cowboys losing and the Knights too.

Shocked by the crowd, the weather was looking shocking on the way to the stadium but it was a perfect environment at the stadium. Also maybe I underestimated the Mother's Day factor. We need to win footy games and boost our crowds or we are going to post a poor season average.
Were you guys sitting in Isle 4 if so you guys were sitting behind me and I thought that was you guys.

DIEHARD
12-05-13, 11:11 PM
Were you guys sitting in Isle 4 if so you guys were sitting behind me and I thought that was you guys.

Yea mate I think it was 4! Hah, good guess. Come say g'day next time.

I think Coaster and Mick are converted! :laugh:

Skyfire
12-05-13, 11:13 PM
Happy to win, our season needed it. But damn we need a game plan.

Still confident of smashing the Broncos though.

TITAN FAN
12-05-13, 11:20 PM
Falloon controlled the game and was deserving of the man of the match

Bird was his usual never give up self and gave 110 per cent

6 and 7 are going great given they have only played a handful of games togeather, the more they play the better they will get

At the end of the day it was a win !!!

Nick
12-05-13, 11:46 PM
Great to see the wingers put in good efforts. Too bad they didn't receive the ball in any attacking plays.
Bird did great every run and tackled his ass off. Unfortunately he too often takes the option of cutting inside and tucking the ball under his arm and running himself. There was many occasions in the match when bird had taka and Gordon outside on an overlap but look it himself.

Sezer had an awesome game for mine, his defence was spot on and he was very strong in attack.

Good feeling getting the win, especially over te drags

Supergoose
13-05-13, 12:01 AM
I thought I was at Kogarah there were that many Red V fans there. They easily had half the support, maybe more.

I thought our forwards started poorly again and we were nearly kicked to death in the first half, so much so it was like we intentionally didn't kick in the second half.

With about 15-20 to go, I felt as though there was no way we could lose as the Dragons seemed spent. Somehow we kept them in it. Our backline is slowly improving but we need to use it more.

Our play inside our 10m zone needs to be fixed if we are to challenge the Broncos as does our kicking game. Need a lot more depth and ball movement as one out stuff just won't cut it. Need to try and get Idris and Taka some ball in some space out wide. The Broncos beat us last game on the back of forward dominance and kicking game.

I agree with the sentiment on here, that we're not being served up entertaining play at all with mind-numbing hit-ups 4 times every set and maybe a LJ additional pass here and there.

We completed 14-14 in the first half. Pointless if we're not creating pressure with it or opportunities.

I would've liked to see us kick a penalty just after we kicked the field-goal. I'm sure there was an opportunity to, but we chose to go for a try, but the 3 point break means that we can't be leveled by a field goal or penalty which makes our opposition slightly more predictable, they need a try. The Eels showed patience and maturity by kicking a goal when it was on offer to give them a five point buffer. The commentators scoffed at the time but it ended up being crucial.

What was Myles thinking throwing a face-ball to Harrison under pressure with a couple of minutes left? We need far better tackle 4 options to put us on the front foot for the last tackle. The broncos use Hodges to get them a quick play the ball, we need to be thinking similarly as this is a huge problem for us.

DavidBouveng
13-05-13, 06:48 AM
I thought I was at Kogarah there were that many Red V fans there. They easily had half the support, maybe more.

I thought our forwards started poorly again and we were nearly kicked to death in the first half, so much so it was like we intentionally didn't kick in the second half.

With about 15-20 to go, I felt as though there was no way we could lose as the Dragons seemed spent. Somehow we kept them in it. Our backline is slowly improving but we need to use it more.

Our play inside our 10m zone needs to be fixed if we are to challenge the Broncos as does our kicking game. Need a lot more depth and ball movement as one out stuff just won't cut it. Need to try and get Idris and Taka some ball in some space out wide. The Broncos beat us last game on the back of forward dominance and kicking game.

I agree with the sentiment on here, that we're not being served up entertaining play at all with mind-numbing hit-ups 4 times every set and maybe a LJ additional pass here and there.

We completed 14-14 in the first half. Pointless if we're not creating pressure with it or opportunities.

I would've liked to see us kick a penalty just after we kicked the field-goal. I'm sure there was an opportunity to, but we chose to go for a try, but the 3 point break means that we can't be leveled by a field goal or penalty which makes our opposition slightly more predictable, they need a try. The Eels showed patience and maturity by kicking a goal when it was on offer to give them a five point buffer. The commentators scoffed at the time but it ended up being crucial.

What was Myles thinking throwing a face-ball to Harrison under pressure with a couple of minutes left? We need far better tackle 4 options to put us on the front foot for the last tackle. The broncos use Hodges to get them a quick play the ball, we need to be thinking similarly as this is a huge problem for us.

I was at the game and wanted them to take the 2 points after the FG, but only cos I wasn't confident of scoring a try, and it soaks up time and gives us a chance to re set and re focus.

Never even thought about ur point of taking fg and penalties out of the equation... That's really good thinking. Eliminating 2 of the three scoring options would have been a great play. Especially when soward is usually a FG weapon.

TITAN PETE
13-05-13, 07:15 AM
Cartwright at boiling point over refs

Todd Balym & Emma Greenwood | 12:01am May 13, 2013

JUST as John Cartwright's blood reached boiling point, Titans skipper Nate Myles whispered in the coach's ear: ''Hey, we won.''

The Gold Coast might have escaped with a 15-14 victory over St George Illawarra yesterday but Cartwright was furious.

He had been simmering since Monday, when the NRL politely apologised for an incorrect try decision in their one-point loss to the Warriors last Sunday.

But when William Zillman was denied a try because of obstruction in the second half of a tense clash at Skilled Park, Cartwright was seeing red.

''I had to get out of the box because I was ropeable and I still am now as you can probably tell,'' Cartwright said as he sat beside Myles at the post-match press conference.

''When they sit there and watch it 10 times and still get it wrong, and you can see my blood boiling now. That is when I get cranky.

''They're supposed to be ex-footballers and they still get it wrong get it right.''

Cartwright's fury was about a 59th minute play where Greg Bird stopped before the defensive line, but video referees Luke Phillips and Neil Wharton declared no try claiming he had obstructed Tyson Frizzell.

''The try was scored because Tyson Frizzell made a bad decision. Anyone who has ever watched a game of football at all will know that,'' Cartwright said.

''We brought ex-players in (to the video referee box system) to adjudicate on this. We had one last week where Shaun Johnson just taps the ball forward, runs through and catches it and scores a try and they still give a try.

''Then they ring the next day and say, 'Oh sorry, we got that one wrong'.

''We're the Gold Coast, we're a low-profile team. If that was South Sydney or someone else, it would be front page of the paper. It cost us the game.''

Jason Nightingale and William Zillman finished with doubles for their teams but the game was won because the Titans responded from the setbacks with better composure.

A field goal by Aidan Sezer 13 minutes from full-time ultimately proved the difference.

Cartwright took it as a sign of maturity from a team with much growing to do if they are to complete their top-four mission.

Given the constant frustration his team faced in the opening 20 minutes of the second half, Cartwright was thrilled with how his men rebounded.

''That was gut-wrenching what happened and for them to lift themselves up and lift a cog ... was a super performance from our boys,'' Cartwright said.

''You don't ever want to lose three in a row. You win three in a row and you can go from the bottom to the eight, that's how critical winning each week is.

''It would have been a tragedy if they'd lost that game.''

Mr Stupid
13-05-13, 08:55 AM
I love the two points. The Storm were beaten by the Panthers yesterday, we shouldn't forget how hard it is to get points in this amazing competition. Lots of really great efforts...Bird (hit-ups), Idriss and Kelly (tackles), Falloon (speed). All the backs were good despite often appearing rudderless. Many options close to the line were poor. i think teams are wise to Falloons sneaky try line work.
I'm haunted by Birdy's quote weeks ago that the team practise their backline moves in their "spare time".

C-Whiz
13-05-13, 09:21 AM

I used to like listening to either. Can't stand even looking at the forum nowI am hearing you, and I know what you are saying, but that's what a forum is for. I took a few weeks off the forum to clear my head from all the noise and try and find my love for the Titans again. I really enjoyed the game because we won, but couldn't agree more with these two comments below.....

The soul is being sucked out of the supporters watching that rubbish that we dish up week after week:
We kept them within 1 point on a day where they scored a massive total of 14.

Two very vital points and nothing to say that hasn't been said every week this season about the non-existent structure ... so disheartening.

However, take a moment to consider the Storm over the past few weeks. Happens to the best of them.

Bayside Titan
13-05-13, 09:22 AM
Yea mate I think it was 4! Hah, good guess. Come say g'day next time.

I think Coaster and Mick are converted! :laugh:
We were on our way out and I recognized one of you guys and them remembered that you guys were getting a box. I will come and say hi next time.

C-Whiz
13-05-13, 09:35 AM
I thought I was at Kogarah there were that many Red V fans there. They easily had half the support, maybe more. Our 4 were planning up until the night before that we would be going, but then the plans changed due to Mothers Day change of plans at the last minute, and you have to listen to the Mothers on Mothers Day. It's just the rules mate.

Somehow we kept them in it. That is the bottom line! Arguably we should have been up by 12 points, but regardless of scoreline, we kept giving them every opportunity, at every chance they gave us. it was like we were returning the favour!!

I would've liked to see us kick a penalty just after we kicked the field-goal.
Yep, or at least another FG if you can't cross in the first 4 tackles. Still takes the FG option away, takes up time , get the ball back etc...

What was Myles thinking throwing a face-ball to Harrison under pressure with a couple of minutes left? :doh: Worst idea at the worst possible moment I think i have seen in a long long time....

This game was a true nail-biter/heart stopper, and I think i might have nearly had a few coronaries along the way. However, at the end we were all cheering and very excited, and to me, at the end of the day, when all is said and done, these are the wins that I remember and savour the most. Just like the Manly game. And this is why I am a RL fan, because I like the sort of tight contest that goes down to the wire and your team comes out on top. That to me is what sitting through 80 minutes of emotional torture is for. To savour that win at the end. Plenty of negatives from the game, but I am happy we won, and I just want to enjoy something positive from the Titans for a change.

C-Whiz
13-05-13, 09:38 AM
Idris was a man on a mission yesterday. I guess he is gunning for that Blues jumper. So glad I'm a Big Jamma fan! :D :laugh: :p ;)
And he didn't run sideways once! :thumbsup:

DavidBouveng
13-05-13, 09:53 AM
Welcome back c whiz.

Coaster
13-05-13, 09:57 AM
I may have drank too many before posting that. And I am not trying to censor anyone, and I do understand there point. But saying it every post, is beyond tiresome.

karnage
13-05-13, 09:59 AM

Fair call. You are not the first person to let that be known. I respect most of what you say Coaster, so I'm happy to stop posting on here.

Cheers.

Titanic
13-05-13, 10:07 AM
I may have drank too many before posting that. And I am not trying to censor anyone, and I do understand there point. But saying it every post, is beyond tiresome.
We've been online mates for years Coaster so I can take that and you may have noticed that I made one comment only yesterday because I am just sick and tired of the crap that comes from our team.

Toads
13-05-13, 10:08 AM
That Maybe so, Coaster. Though I'm sure the guys would be silenced (and be happy for it) if the Titans were winning convincingly and providing entertaining football. And the sad part about it, there's no reason we shouldn't be when you see who we have on our books.

Personally, I haven't whinged or *****ed for a couple of rounds now. Mainly because I'm going through a stage where it seems pointless in flogging a dead horse. I'm sure a few of us have encountered that over the last handful of years..

DavidBouveng
13-05-13, 10:08 AM

Fair call. You are not the first person to let that be known. I respect most of what you say Coaster, so I'm happy to stop posting on here.

Cheers.

You guys are too decent. I had the popcorn ready ;)

Jokes, good follow up from each of u, although I don't think u need to disappear karnage.

And coaster, I feel similar in general about the negativity, not just the two u mentioned, and was thinking all week I'm gonna temper my own negative stuff and try appreciate what we do have a bit more.

DavidBouveng
13-05-13, 10:10 AM
Now lets all hug it out.

Coaster
13-05-13, 10:13 AM

Cheers.

How about we just have some fun sometimes as well.

Coaster
13-05-13, 10:17 AM
We've been online mates for years Coaster so I can take that and you may have noticed that I made one comment only yesterday because I am just sick and tired of the crap that comes from our team.

Mate I was at the game giving it to Murphy first hand. That bloke hates me.

Supergoose
13-05-13, 11:54 AM
Just watched the replay now and how good was Falloon! Idris was excellent but we're not getting him the ball enough at the right times, same with Takairangi.

Luke Bailey just continues to astound, I reckon Zillman needs to watch tapes of Bailey to see what second and third efforts are all about.

I reckon we need to unleash one of Taylor or James at the start. Two weeks in a row we have been beaten in the forward in the first 20 minutes. We need to find more minutes and attacking opportunities for James and all our attacking weapons.

As good as Sezer and Kelly are going, I thought they got caught with the ball too often. I'd like to see more hard lines being run on their inside shoulders (they have to run better angles) by the edge back-rowers to open up the corridors for our big off-loading centres who we aren't getting one-on-one. When was the last time we created an overlap before the one Sezer created in the last 20 minutes.

More carries by our faster big men are required. There were some fantastic tough carries in the game, none more so than Birds 20 metre effort with four on him. But our opportunities to score are going to come from Idris, Taka and Taylor being one-on-one and sending Mead, Gordon and Zillman through the line with their off-loading ability.

thelwall
13-05-13, 12:01 PM
You guys are too decent. I had the popcorn ready ;)

Jokes, good follow up from each of u, although I don't think u need to disappear karnage.

And coaster, I feel similar in general about the negativity, not just the two u mentioned, and was thinking all week I'm gonna temper my own negative stuff and try appreciate what we do have a bit more.

ahh i was ready for it to :( boringggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

thelwall
13-05-13, 12:10 PM
we were robbed of a try even wally said ive seen some poor decisions in my time and that will be up there with the best of them

titanfan1980
13-05-13, 02:48 PM
Just watched the replay now and how good was Falloon! Idris was excellent but we're not getting him the ball enough at the right times, same with Takairangi.

Luke Bailey just continues to astound, I reckon Zillman needs to watch tapes of Bailey to see what second and third efforts are all about.

I reckon we need to unleash one of Taylor or James at the start. Two weeks in a row we have been beaten in the forward in the first 20 minutes. We need to find more minutes and attacking opportunities for James and all our attacking weapons.

As good as Sezer and Kelly are going, I thought they got caught with the ball too often. I'd like to see more hard lines being run on their inside shoulders (they have to run better angles) by the edge back-rowers to open up the corridors for our big off-loading centres who we aren't getting one-on-one. When was the last time we created an overlap before the one Sezer created in the last 20 minutes.

More carries by our faster big men are required. There were some fantastic tough carries in the game, none more so than Birds 20 metre effort with four on him. But our opportunities to score are going to come from Idris, Taka and Taylor being one-on-one and sending Mead, Gordon and Zillman through the line with their off-loading ability.

I totally agree with James or Taylor starting, personally I'd start James, put myles to lock and ash Harrison... Well no comment. I was talking to Sam iron after the game he seems to be enjoying it, I also talked to James who was notably filthy and I mean filthy he didn't get to go back on..

Titan2007DH
13-05-13, 04:29 PM
Funny how some on here can read player's minds, haha. Of course players are going to say they are 'enjoying' it. What else do you expect them to say to you. lol.
ALL the team played well considering the suss ref calls. Penalties given that weren't penalties! Certain players just get penalised by certain refs all the time!
THEY WON, THEY GOT THE TWO POINTS!
Instead of putting players and coaches down, which annoys me immensely, give them SOME credit and enjoy the WIN!
GO TITANS (ALL of them!)

DavidBouveng
13-05-13, 04:39 PM
Funny how some on here can read player's minds, haha. Of course players are going to say they are 'enjoying' it. What else do you expect them to say to you. lol.
ALL the team played well considering the suss ref calls. Penalties given that weren't penalties! Certain players just get penalised by certain refs all the time!
THEY WON, THEY GOT THE TWO POINTS!
Instead of putting players and coaches down, which annoys me immensely, give them SOME credit and enjoy the WIN!
GO TITANS (ALL of them!)

He also said Ryan James was filthy... And didnt tell him he was enjoying it.

Surfers66
13-05-13, 04:52 PM
Zillman was much better......

Hopefully against the Broncs he can continue that form.

DIEHARD
13-05-13, 05:13 PM
We all know how frustrating it is. And the flaws in our coaching, recruitment and positioning. Some of the issues stretch back to even 2007. But we can't do much about it, except apply pressure and call for accountability.

And it's coming.

We really should have had James out there more as an impact player not an after thought.

Julius Sezer
13-05-13, 06:17 PM
Our dismal attacking structure will never change under Carty. So i guess we have to except that. We need to make our defence a fortress with the likes of Ryan James and Dave Taylor injecting more venom.

Julius Sezer
13-05-13, 06:31 PM
I thought Nightingale's try was a dodgy call.

DIEHARD
13-05-13, 06:35 PM
Speaking of Nightingale, this one is for you Coaster!

http://i47.tinypic.com/50pczn.jpg

Coaster
13-05-13, 07:35 PM
Speaking of Nightingale, this one is for you Coaster!

http://i47.tinypic.com/50pczn.jpg

Hahaha. That's a classic

karnage
13-05-13, 07:44 PM
Mate I was at the game giving it to Murphy first hand. That bloke hates me.

I'm not going anywhere. I love the team too much for my own good.

And I said earlier I respected Coaster, and if he gives Murphy **** you can see why. A waste of space if ever there was one!!

The thing is I'm watching the Roosters and I'm imagining that they could be us. They made the GF the year we made the prelim final ad have since sacked their coach and completely reinvented themselves. Our list is every bit as good as there's bit there is a world of difference between our two teams.

I'll stop giving it to Carty on here but I'll ask everybody to support my Twitter campaign of #sackCarty and I'll look into the logistics of making a huge banner for our next home game. God knows there are enough empty seats near me to drape it over.

karnage
13-05-13, 07:47 PM
ahh i was ready for it to :( boringggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

lol...!! So the forum mirrors the team??:p