PDA

View Full Version : Round 8 2013: NZ WARRIORS vs TITANS

DIEHARD
05-01-13, 09:02 PM
New Zealand Warriors vs Gold Coast Titans
Sunday May 5 2:00 PM - Mt Smart Stadium

DIEHARD
28-04-13, 10:08 PM
Can't think more challenging circumstances to face the NZ Warriors in NZ. At least we still have our halves.

Warriors were impressive against the Storm.

Titanic
28-04-13, 11:37 PM
At least we still have our halves.
But who knows where they'll play?

Smakked
28-04-13, 11:48 PM
SO Carty will move Kelly to Center and Sezer to Front row, bird to fullback , Zillman to 5/8, Mini to the wing, Micheals Prop ???

yeah sounds about right

K2G
29-04-13, 01:02 AM
from http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/hymel-hunt-not-ready-for-gold-coast-titans-debut/story-e6frep7o-1226631130494

Hymel Hunt not ready for Gold Coast Titans debut

TITANS coach John Cartwright won't rush young gun Hymel Hunt in to an NRL debut until he gets rid of some "bad habits'' but terrier hooker Sam Irwin is set for a first grade recall in New Zealand on Sunday.

Hunt scored a double in the Holden Cup yesterday, the Gold Coast's only points in a 28-8 loss, a week after being the club's lone representative in the under-20s State of Origin.

First-choice centre Brad Takairangi is battling a hamstring strain while his fill-in, Luke O'Dwyer, suffered a broken jaw in yesterday's 30-6 NRL loss to Newcastle.

Cartwright said Takairangi was likely to return against the Warriors but regardless of his availability, the 19-year-old Hunt wouldn't be gifted his NRL debut.

"He's still got a bit to go. He's a work in progress,'' he said.

"I reckon at some stage this year we'll probably be in a position to give him a crack.

"He needs to be consistent. He's got some bad habits in his game at the moment.

"He does a bit of pushing and shoving. He drifts in and out of games.

"It's a different ball-game when you play NRL. You've got to be on your bike whenever the ball's near you.

"He's aware of it. He's working on it.''

While Cartwright won't select Hunt, a sickening compound finger fracture to hooker Matt Srama could see Irwin return.

Irwin was impressive in his debut a fortnight ago against Parramatta and played 55 minutes for Burleigh in the Intrust Super Cup yesterday.

Beau Falloon will be promoted to starting rake against the Warriors but Irwin is likely to get another go off the bench.

"We definitely need a hooking option there and Sammy did a good job the other night,'' Cartwright said.

"We'll just have to wait and see who's fit and healthy but he's probably the only option there at the moment.

"Beau was great. Him and Birdy (Greg Bird) were outstanding.

"When the side needed a lift they seemed to be the ones that were doing it.''

gotitans101_
29-04-13, 03:11 AM
First-choice centre Brad Takairangi is battling a hamstring strain

Cartwright said Takairangi was likely to return against the Warriors

We all know those with hamstring injuries should never be brought back unless they're 100% right to go. Well that article makes it sound Taka is still not ready. But good ol' Carty will rush him back only for him to hobble off in the 10th minute like he did against the Broncos. :nope:

DIEHARD
29-04-13, 09:51 AM
Im getting worried about the Broncos game.

Just deadset terrible to see Taka spending so much time on the side line after showing such potential.

I think we need to give Hunt a crack sooner or later. I would welcome Irwin back if we persist with 2 hookers.

It feels like end of season mayhem, but its just Round 7!

hatchy84
29-04-13, 10:19 AM
How's o dare going is he ready for a crack at the centre's or fullback

Titan Dad
29-04-13, 11:01 AM
I can only guess as to what the team list will look like this week. We could be in a bit of trouble this week....:drinkies:

mdrew
29-04-13, 11:15 AM
I do not agree with the way Hymel Hunt was portrayed in that article

ozynorts
29-04-13, 12:07 PM
from http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/hymel-hunt-not-ready-for-gold-coast-titans-debut/story-e6frep7o-1226631130494

Hymel Hunt not ready for Gold Coast Titans debut

TITANS coach John Cartwright won't rush young gun Hymel Hunt in to an NRL debut until he gets rid of some "bad habits''

"He needs to be consistent. He's got some bad habits in his game at the moment.

"He does a bit of pushing and shoving. He drifts in and out of games.

"It's a different ball-game when you play NRL. You've got to be on your bike whenever the ball's near you.

"He's aware of it. He's working on it.''

''

And yet he continues to pick Michaels??????????????????

Tamwelg
29-04-13, 12:21 PM
Zillman left centre. Rankin fullback. There is an article in the Courier Mail about him having a great game for Burleigh on the weekend and strangely enough he is listed on the team sheet as fullback, which is his best position IMO. Yes he has some work to do there, but offer do much more there then what we have now.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b580/tamwelg/8B45278F-D5A0-4812-A2D8-83073C10A45D-11263-0000023FE3EDB4EA_zpsd2949f4a.jpg

DavidBouveng
29-04-13, 01:17 PM
Zillman left centre. Rankin fullback. There is an article in the Courier Mail about him having a great game for Burleigh on the weekend and strangely enough he is listed on the team sheet as fullback, which is his best position IMO. Yes he has some work to do there, but offer do much more there then what we have now.

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b580/tamwelg/8B45278F-D5A0-4812-A2D8-83073C10A45D-11263-0000023FE3EDB4EA_zpsd2949f4a.jpg

I've long said he should be given a run at FB... Would def provide something to our attack and is a tough little nugget. Would at least be worth a try

Hail Sezer
29-04-13, 01:20 PM
I've long said he should be given a run at FB... Would def provide something to our attack and is a tough little nugget. Would at least be worth a try

Follow this to get to the footage of the Burleigh and Tweed games from the weekend. Looks like Rankin went really well.

http://www.qrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=multimedia

Titanic
29-04-13, 01:27 PM
the end of that article mentioned Cameron Munster as a gun young FB, anybody seen him?

DavidBouveng
29-04-13, 01:28 PM
That is a sick name. He is forever more known as 'herman'

lonegull
29-04-13, 01:30 PM
Follow this to get to the footage of the Burleigh and Tweed games from the weekend. Looks like Rankin went really well.

http://www.qrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=multimedia

Yeah rankin was good but Ioane impressed with his offloads and tackle busts as well

Julius Sezer
29-04-13, 01:41 PM
I also thought Rankin was a fullback. I think he is better injecting himself into plays rather then him organising and being in the frontline of the attack. I would give him a good shot at fullback at the moment because Zillman is simply not good enough there.

teke
29-04-13, 04:34 PM
I am filled joy at the possibility of Zillman moving into centre.

I may yet get my wish :D

Julius Sezer
29-04-13, 04:51 PM
I am filled joy at the possibility of Zillman moving into centre.

I may yet get my wish :D

is Mead back this round?

teke
29-04-13, 06:02 PM
is Mead back this round?No, probably the Dragons match.

DavidBouveng
29-04-13, 07:25 PM
No, probably the Dragons match.

Rankin will have it cemented by then. And don is going ok on the wing...

Does Dave like the number 17? Carty has been using a back on the bench lately

teke
29-04-13, 08:03 PM
Rankin will have it cemented by then. And don is going ok on the wing...

Does Dave like the number 17? Carty has been using a back on the bench latelyid rather him play a full game for tweed :argue:

amaline
29-04-13, 09:09 PM
Ben Ridge is out also? Out with a pec injury until Round 10 according to Matty Johns' Show.

K2G
30-04-13, 02:09 AM
an excerpt from a courier-mail story posted over in the injuries thread...

Kevin Gordon, Brad Takairangi and Ben Ridge are in contention to be named today. But the trio will have to be close to 100 per cent fit, with coach John Cartwright wanting no repeat of Sunday's bench-clearing injury crisis.

"If anyone's 50-50 we've made that decision already that they won't go,'' Clark said.

"They need to be close to 100 per cent before we even consider taking them to New Zealand

I like this policy... no 80 - 90% fit guys at this stage of the comp please. Crossing my fingers for a few young blokes to be named today.

Titanic
30-04-13, 08:45 AM
But the trio will have to be close (http://forum.titans.com.au/showthread.php?t=23211&page=2#) to 100 per cent fit, with coach John Cartwright wanting no repeat of Sunday's bench-clearing injury crisis.
Which of Srama, Harrison or O'Dwyer wasn't fit last week? That's either really poor writing or a ridiculous thing to say.

DIEHARD
30-04-13, 01:14 PM
Junior Kiwi to debut for Titans in NZ
Adam Gardini

http://staticnrl.sportalhosting.com/site/_content/LeadImage/00072173-leadimage.jpg

The iSelect Gold Coast Titans have today named former Junior Kiwi and New Zealand Warriors Under-20s forward Mark Ioane to make his NRL debut against his former club at Mt Smart Stadium on Sunday.

iSelect Titans Coach John Cartwright today included Auckland-born Ioane as one of several changes to his side in a reshuffled line-up following injuries to lock Ashley Harrison (ankle), Luke O’Dwyer (broken jaw) and Matt Srama (fractured hand).

Outside backs Kevin Gordon and Brad Takairangi have both been named to make their respective returns from hamstring injuries, while 21-year-old hooker Sam Irwin has been recalled to the top grade after impressing in his NRL debut three weeks ago before making way for the return of Srama last weekend.
The selection of 22-year-old Ioane comes after a string of impressive performances for Intrust Super Cup feeder club Burleigh Bears so far this season since joining the Titans in the pre-season.

On Sunday, Ioane will return to where his NRL dream began having been a part of the premiership winning Warriors NYC Under-20s side in 2010 – a year in which he also represented the Junior Kiwis.

On the injury front, there was some positive news for Harrison (ankle syndesmosis) and Srama (fractured hand) who are both only expected to miss 2-3 weeks. However, O’Dwyer will be sidelined for 4-6 weeks with a broken jaw.

iSelect Titans vs New Zealand Warriors
Sunday, May 5
12pm (NZ Time), 2pm (Aus Time) – Mt Smart Stadium

1 William Zillman
2 Kevin Gordon
3 Brad Takairangi
4 Jamal Idris
5 Anthony Don
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Albert Kelly
8 Luke Douglas
9 Beau Falloon
10 Luke Bailey
11 Greg Bird
12 Mark Minichiello
13 Nate Myles

Interchange
14 David Taylor
15 Mark Ioane
16 Ryan James
17 Sam Irwin
18 Steve Michaels

DIEHARD
30-04-13, 01:17 PM
I hope Brad Takairangi is 100%.

Very excited to Ioane on the bench. Great to see the Titans actually using our QCUP clubs.

teke
30-04-13, 01:19 PM
That squad is a hell of alot better than I was expecting

DIEHARD
30-04-13, 01:23 PM

Yea I think so too. If Taka is fit, Michaels will drop off. Im excited to see Irwin get another shot at the NRL.

lonegull
30-04-13, 01:38 PM
After watching Ioane performance on the weekend he deserved his selection, I like the selection of Irwin I think he will cause havoc with the big warriors forwards he is so quick out of dummy half.
The team as mentioned in ealrier posts isnt as bad on paper than I first thought

Hail Sezer
30-04-13, 02:04 PM

This.

Rapt to see a Kiwi in the 17 too :thumbsup:

Julius Sezer
30-04-13, 03:22 PM
This.

Rapt to see a Kiwi in the 17 too :thumbsup:

you gonna be at Mt Smart stadium bro?

Smakked
30-04-13, 03:46 PM
Doesn't look to bad on paper like most we all thought it was going to be worse. Good to see Taki back

TITAN PETE
30-04-13, 04:03 PM
I'm a huge fan of Ioane & it's great to see him getting a start , he has been playing excellent footy even when Burleigh have been getting flogged :fist:

I thought he would get a chance before Mini came back so i'm pleased to see him get a shot in the top grade this weekend :thumbsup:

Hail Sezer
30-04-13, 04:08 PM
you gonna be at Mt Smart stadium bro?

I wish man, I live at the other end of the North Island unfortunately.

Might try book a little trip to the Gold Coast to join you blokes for a game this year though..that'd be unreal.

DIEHARD
30-04-13, 05:20 PM

Might try book a little trip to the Gold Coast to join you blokes for a game this year though..that'd be unreal.

Give us a heads up and we will make a big deal about it. :thumbsup:

Hail Sezer
30-04-13, 05:20 PM
I hope to see some bombs going towards Don's wing when we're attacking the line..he's got some decent hops

Hail Sezer
30-04-13, 05:23 PM
Give us a heads up and we will make a big deal about it. :thumbsup:

Haha will keep you posted. I expect nothing less than to be named as 18th man for the Titans for that game..make it happen :thumbsup:

Geeman
30-04-13, 05:54 PM

Definitely worth it!!! I had a blast at the Parra game :thumbsup:

DIEHARD
30-04-13, 06:17 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/485585_532982330076348_296847446_n.jpg

shifter
30-04-13, 06:43 PM
I wouldnt be suprised if the titans get smashed. The NZ Warriors fans seem excited about the change of getting an easy 2 points! Have a read of what they have to say:
http://www.nzwarriors.com/threads/rd-8-warriors-v-titans-sunday-05-05.12311/

Noddy1979
30-04-13, 07:07 PM
It's a good team

DavidBouveng
30-04-13, 07:12 PM
I wouldnt be suprised if the titans get smashed. The NZ Warriors fans seem excited about the change of getting an easy 2 points! Have a read of what they have to say:
http://www.nzwarriors.com/threads/rd-8-warriors-v-titans-sunday-05-05.12311/

do they have internet in NZ yet cuzzy?

Smakked
30-04-13, 08:24 PM
NZ are a good team have been for a while, they just cant get it together and fade in and out of the game but if they fire they are hard to beat.

Mexican titan
30-04-13, 08:32 PM
NZ are a good team have been for a while, they just cant get it together and fade in and out of the game but if they fire they are hard to beat.

The Warriors have led a few games this year by big margins and usually make really dumb errors to let the opposition back into the game. Hopefully a few more dumb errors come our way this week.
Quite strange that a side that makes errors like the Warriors play at a place called Mt Smart.

DavidBouveng
30-04-13, 09:15 PM
ooh, as a titans fan i laughed at ur Mt Smart joke...

then i realised you are leaving us open to why we play at 'skilled park' jokes

Titanic
01-05-13, 02:44 AM
If Kelly stays on Johnson and Takairangi is fully fit then we can compete.

hammer
01-05-13, 04:59 AM
Looking forward to seeing Ione play...haven't seen any footage of him yet but I have heard he is a real talent.

TITAN PETE
01-05-13, 06:14 PM
Looking forward to seeing Ione play...haven't seen any footage of him yet but I have heard he is a real talent.

I made the statement that when he gets his shot they will find it hard to leave him out of the 17 , from what I've seen with his season I'm sticking with my thoughts but up against the Monster Warriors side can sort a lot of people out :surprise:

teke
01-05-13, 06:32 PM
From what I've seen and heard I think little Irwin will be the clubs number 1 hooker in the not so distant future.

Smakked
01-05-13, 07:07 PM
From what I've seen and heard I think little Irwin will be the clubs number 1 hooker in the not so distant future.
Interesting?
His first game he done well, hopefully he gets more game time and keeps working hard, can he kick at all?

david may
01-05-13, 08:41 PM
I made the statement that when he gets his shot they will find it hard to leave him out of the 17 , from what I've seen with his season I'm sticking with my thoughts but up against the Monster Warriors side can sort a lot of people out :surprise:
I think mark will surprise a lot of people.

He is a real talent.

Mexican titan
01-05-13, 08:46 PM
ooh, as a titans fan i laughed at ur Mt Smart joke...

then i realised you are leaving us open to why we play at 'skilled park' jokes

Jesus I hadn't thought of that. Why did you have to mention it!!:drinkies:

Hail Sezer
02-05-13, 10:11 PM
Just heard on footy show that Gordon is out..Michaels in

DIEHARD
02-05-13, 10:21 PM
Takairangi primed for Warriors test

Returning centre Brad Takairangi can't wait to run out onto Mt Smart Stadium on Sunday, having spent the last few weeks on the sideline with a hamstring injury.

The Titans Centre has not played since Round 5 and says the time spent out of the side has him primed to perform against the Warriors.

The 23-year-old says although the Warriors are anchored to the bottom of the competition ladder they remain a dangerous opponent capable of beating any side and should not be underestimated.

Titans teammate Ryan James is one player ready for the physical test that the Warriors provide, with the forward saying the Titans pack is ready for the challenge despite being hit with injury.

Titans TV caught up with Takairangi and James to discuss the Warriors game on Sunday and to view click here (http://www.titans.com.au/news-display/titans/73731)

http://www.titans.com.au/news-display/titans/73731

DIEHARD
02-05-13, 10:22 PM
Don looking to tame the beast

iSelect Titans winger Anthony Don is looking forward to what literally shapes as the biggest test of his short NRL career lining up against hulking Warriors winger Manu Vatuvei on Sunday.

Vatuvei returns to the Warriors line-up this weekend and Don said he is excited about challenging himself against one of the biggest wingers in the competition.

After two NRL games, Don is looking to reward the faith shown in him by Titans Head Coach John Cartwright with a strong performance this weekend. Don hopes to continue to improve his game up against a physical Warriors outfit on Sunday.

His first NRL game away from Skilled Park comes at arguably the toughest away trip in the competition, with Auckland's Mt Smart Stadium bringing new conditions and new challenges for the winger.

Titans TV caught up with Don following training and to view the video simply click here (http://www.titans.com.au/news-display/titans/73737)

http://www.titans.com.au/news-display/titans/73737

lonegull
03-05-13, 04:43 PM
Can anyone tell me what time this starts on fox sports Australian time?

Tamwelg
03-05-13, 05:18 PM
Can anyone tell me what time this starts on fox sports Australian time?

12pm

lonegull
03-05-13, 05:58 PM
12pm

Cheers mate

Titanic
04-05-13, 12:03 AM
will be back from the States just in time for it :)

The Mole
04-05-13, 03:35 PM
Finally Ioane debuts. I wouldn't have selected Michaels over last week's performance but at least he isn't picked in the centers marking Hurrell.
Besides Michaels it's a very strong Titans team, well on paper anyway. Warriors ain't going to be an easy game at all especially in NZ despite what position they're on the ladder. Titans need to be wary of them.

Tactic for the game: Cross field kicks towards to Vatuvei's wing for Don to leap above him and win the contest. Kicking behind the two Warriors wingers for our wingers. Both our hookers to target their marker defense and their forwards. Creating 2nd phase play. Forced line drop outs and back to back sets. High completion rate and percentage of the ball.

gotitans101_
04-05-13, 04:12 PM
Finally Ioane debuts. I wouldn't have selected Michaels over last week's performance but at least he isn't picked in the centers marking Hurrell.

Hurrell isn't playing, he's been dropped.

The Mole
04-05-13, 04:20 PM
Hurrell isn't playing, he's been dropped.

Your right he has. Well that's good for us, last time he completely destroyed us.

teke
04-05-13, 05:49 PM
Don will put jump Manu? I don't think so

Tamwelg
04-05-13, 07:55 PM
Don will put jump Manu? I don't think so

I do

Noddy1979
04-05-13, 08:36 PM
Yes he will, you have bumble hands Manu who is shorter by a good 5 cm.

teke
04-05-13, 08:52 PM
Where did this Don can jump biz come from, cause he is tall ? He is out jumped by a few titans at training

Supergoose
04-05-13, 10:16 PM
From what little I have seen of Don he looks like he can compete quite well for the cross field kicks. He just needs to land with the ball now. Nervous about tomorrow, I hope we're ready for a tough encounter because the Warriors look like they're runni g I to a bit of form.

Hail Sezer
05-05-13, 09:34 AM
NYC game starting soon..

Hymel Hunt has been moved to the pack with Diffey coming in to the centres.

Sounds like a Carty-style reshuffle

Hail Sezer
05-05-13, 09:46 AM
Great start by our lads. Put some solid sets together then scored out wide from a slick second man play

Hail Sezer
05-05-13, 09:53 AM
Russell playing at left centre.

First touch of the ball, gets on the outside of his defender, beats 2 to score.

Very impressive, made something from nothing

Hail Sezer
05-05-13, 10:17 AM
Titans leading 16-6 after 35 minutes

Hail Sezer
05-05-13, 10:22 AM
Titans lead 22-6 at half time

Hail Sezer
05-05-13, 10:49 AM
26-16 after 55

teke
05-05-13, 10:53 AM
What miserable conditions to be playing in

Hail Sezer
05-05-13, 10:55 AM
What miserable conditions to be playing in

NZ says hi

Hail Sezer
05-05-13, 10:57 AM
Aaaaand.......

26-26 in the NYC game.

Rain is hammering down.

Smakked
05-05-13, 10:59 AM
Looks like Titans have given up " its raining we will get our hair messed up......."

Hail Sezer
05-05-13, 11:03 AM
Warriors u20s have come back......30-26

wtf

Hail Sezer
05-05-13, 11:10 AM
Jahrome Hughes who has had a great game, stabs a grubber through for Kane Elgey to grab and score.

30 all, kick to come.

Hail Sezer
05-05-13, 11:13 AM
32 30 to Titans

3 minutes to go

Smakked
05-05-13, 11:14 AM
Going to be a slow low scoring game , looks like a swamp out there

mdrew
05-05-13, 11:21 AM
Well done NYC boys, I was really concerned that would not do well, magnificent

K2G
05-05-13, 11:22 AM
iSelect Titans winger Steve Michaels will replace injured winger Kevin Gordon in today's clash against the New Zealand Warriors at Mt Smart Stadium.

Gordon was ruled out after being troubled by a hamstring injury he sustained in the build-up to last week's match against the Knights.

Michaels moves to the left wing in his absence.

The Titans team list for today's clash is listed below:

1 William Zillman
18 Steve Michaels
3 Brad Takairangi
4 Jamal Idris
5 Anthony Don
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Albert Kelly
8 Luke Douglas
9 Beau Falloon
10 Luke Bailey
11 Greg Bird (c)
12 Mark Minichiello
13 Nate Myles
INTERCHANGE
14 David Taylor
15 Mark Ioane
16 Ryan James
17 Sam Irwin

Titanic
05-05-13, 11:30 AM
Jetlag, got home at midnight after 18 hours flying, but looking forward to the game. Rain should suit us ... wishful thinking.

Smakked
05-05-13, 12:18 PM
I reckon manu will get 3 today

Titanic
05-05-13, 12:18 PM
That loose pass from Bailey changed the arm wrestle.

teke
05-05-13, 12:20 PM
Not counting numbers led to that try, it's the main reason titans are getting caught out on both wings week in week out.

Titanic
05-05-13, 12:22 PM
What was Idris doing?

teke
05-05-13, 12:23 PM
Giving Manu a boost lol

teke
05-05-13, 12:26 PM
We all know where this is headed

Titanic
05-05-13, 12:36 PM
Good try, great kick.

Hail Sezer
05-05-13, 12:36 PM
onya Jamma

anyone else see Dowling sitting on the bench?

Wonder who else was in doubt, wouldn't take him to NZ for no reason

Titanic
05-05-13, 12:39 PM
Michaels is a deadset fool.

Smakked
05-05-13, 12:39 PM
They look tired already..

K2G
05-05-13, 12:40 PM
Michaels! what a joke...

teke
05-05-13, 12:42 PM
Umm what?! What Michaels have to do with that? If u have the centre beating his opposite man then going for the stretch to score what else should Michaels do. You guys

Smakked
05-05-13, 12:42 PM
Michaels! what a joke...

Yep we have been saying this for years, must give carty good head

Titanic
05-05-13, 12:44 PM
gee Teke ... he made 4 into 6 ... bobbing back and forth like a headless goose.

teke
05-05-13, 12:47 PM
gee Teke ... he made 4 into 6 ... bobbing back and forth like a goose.oh is that what u are going on about. Thought u were blaming the try on him.

Supergoose
05-05-13, 12:49 PM
onya Jamma

anyone else see Dowling sitting on the bench?

Wonder who else was in doubt, wouldn't take him to NZ for no reason

Just making sure he's sober and not driving.

Titanic
05-05-13, 12:51 PM
We are in well in this game but our problem is about the 1%ers and we have been crap at them for years.

Supergoose
05-05-13, 12:52 PM
Reckon we should have had a shot for goal with 70 seconds to go in the first half. 2 points may have come in handy.

Hail Sezer
05-05-13, 12:53 PM
Just making sure he's sober and not driving.

:laugh:

Supergoose
05-05-13, 12:59 PM
Big show here if we can keep up the completions and get the kicking game spot on. Biggest issue in the first half was the kicking game onthe back of some poor yardage and also our inability to shut the ball down in the tackles. If we can use the wind to help us and improve our tackle effectiveness we should get home.

gothabull
05-05-13, 01:03 PM
Need to go into this second half way more aggressive and smash em now to win from here our attack is not flat too deep warriors attack is way flatter and just keep making meters Jama an bird sezer and Albert Kelly is defending unbelievable also sezer hope they can change there mind set at turn it with the wind

Newcastle Knights Fan
05-05-13, 01:08 PM
Man if you guys can't beat a Warriors with Jerome Ropati - the games worst centre - in it then I don't know what to think.

Supergoose
05-05-13, 01:09 PM
Good to see the aggression in defence. Shame we gave away those penalties. Need to keep going hard.

Titanic
That was really poor from Bird.

Smakked
Sick of these penaltys and mistakes

Smakked
05-05-13, 01:11 PM
FUUUUUUCCKKKK

titanfan1980
05-05-13, 01:14 PM
Fave Taylor whhhhy must you drop it!

Supergoose
05-05-13, 01:15 PM
REFS are rubbish. James penalized for mannering grabbing him. Then Mannering plays it forward and gets away with it. Argh

Titanic
05-05-13, 01:16 PM
Let's not blame Michaels ...

Newcastle Knights Fan
05-05-13, 01:18 PM
Greg Bird is a grub

Smakked
Haha so you can knock on now in this game awesome

Nick
That was the exact same as Haynes a couple of years back. That is bull****.

Supergoose
Getting carved by officials. Deliberate knock forward.

titanfan1980
Why on earth do we persist with Steve Micheals??? And Jesus Christ we are getting a Belting off the refs!!!

Titanic
05-05-13, 01:19 PM
We just don't look like scoring.

Boonarga
05-05-13, 01:21 PM
That is F***ing disgraceful. Every ref who has ever had a badge knows that rule!
2 refs, 2 touchies, and the video ref should be sacked for that. I can't believe first grade quality refs didn't called that deliberate hit forward. It's blatant cheating, and not just by the player.

Titanic
05-05-13, 01:24 PM
Is Zillman on the field?

Hail Sezer
05-05-13, 01:24 PM
Bird back in to the halves.

We know whats happened every game that positional change is made. I thought Irwin played half?

Supergoose
05-05-13, 01:25 PM
Don't understand why we don't use Irwin or Falloon in halves. Bird there makes two minuses.

Titanic
That's the game and let's not blame Michaels ...

titanfan1980
When you cop a fisting from the refs like this what else can you do??

Newcastle Knights Fan
05-05-13, 01:26 PM
I guess that try was the refs fault too??

gotitans101_
So our excuse last week was being hit with injuries in the first 20.

What's our excuse this time?

Can't blame the refs for this. Even up until that try we never looked like scoring. We are losing the physical battle. Our so called 'beast' forward pack being dominated nearly all game. Flimsy defense on the edges again. Nothing seems to change.

Julius Sezer
this is freaken hopeless

Nick
You can blame michaels for that, he just stood on his line and made a pathetic attempt at tackling

teke
05-05-13, 01:27 PM
That's the game and let's not blame Michaels ...quite humorous the first time

Titanic
05-05-13, 01:28 PM
Don's first touch

Newcastle Knights Fan
I guess all these handling errors are the refs fault too??

Julius Sezer
lost the bloody ball

gotitans101_
05-05-13, 01:29 PM
I guess all these handling errors are the refs fault too??

Can't believe I agree with this guy.

Nick
05-05-13, 01:30 PM
Zillman has been non existent

Julius Sezer
05-05-13, 01:30 PM
nice ball from Sezer. Just tuned in. Is Kelly injured? What's with the injuries?

Titanic
05-05-13, 01:31 PM
Zillman must have been saving himself.

Nick
05-05-13, 01:32 PM
Hahahaha what a funny and good try..

teke
Dave Taylor is easy better on the left, clear as day at Souths and clear as day at this club.

Zillman 40 line breaks 1 try

Julius Sezer
WHAT A TRY! TAKAIRANGI & TAYLOR MAGIC!

Hail Sezer
05-05-13, 01:34 PM
Sezer with a 40/20, nice

Great work from DT to set up Taka, with further great work to kick it in field

Hope Locke is alright. Looks serious.

Nick
05-05-13, 01:36 PM
Taka looked so surprised when he got that ball, and then I thought that dodgy kick went straight to Locke, but just worked out perfectly just awesome to watch

Julius Sezer
05-05-13, 01:37 PM
whose gonna be FB for Warriors now?

teke
05-05-13, 01:39 PM
Hahaha zilly

gotitans101_
**** off Zillman.

Hail Sezer
whose gonna be FB for Warriors now?

Hopefully Zillman

Titanic
How many ways can we find to give it away ... Zillman.

Julius Sezer
what was that kick...

Julius Sezer
05-05-13, 01:42 PM
cmon Titans

Titanic
05-05-13, 01:46 PM
Great kick

Rage
05-05-13, 01:46 PM
Hail Sezer! 40/20

Hail Sezer
05-05-13, 01:47 PM
Sezer..what an absolute asset.

Nick
05-05-13, 01:47 PM
Never feel as confident in these situations without as much speed on the outside..

What a kick sezer

Smakked
05-05-13, 01:50 PM
all over now

TO many mistakes and stupid penaltys

gotitans101_
05-05-13, 01:51 PM
Didn't deserve to win.

Titanic
Michaels where were you?

Smakked
Well we didnt deserve to win it and didnt

Supergoose
05-05-13, 01:53 PM
Had our opportunities. Simply not good enough. Thought there were two occasions we should've taken the 2 points which may have made the difference. Not enough patience shown and too many silly decisions and mistakes.

teke
05-05-13, 01:56 PM
Hmm can this team beat the dragons next week :(

Titanic
05-05-13, 01:57 PM
That Michaels 2 point brain snap was costly.

teke
05-05-13, 01:58 PM
Anybody think that Kelly has a strange habit with injury?u suggesting over reaction :D

Supergoose
Agree with the sentiments that our pack was dominated today and in that respect you've got to hand it to Sezer keeping us in it. James and Taylor tried to lift us but they gave away too many penalties and silly errors. Dragons next week, a team we have struggled with previously.

gotitans101_
Hmm can this team beat the dragons next week :(

Even worse, we've got the donkeys in two weeks. They will do a number on us again if we turn up playing like we did today.

We seem to be on a downward spiral now, ever since the Donkeys beat us a month ago.

Titanic Believer
Score line once again disguises a very poor performance against a team that gave plenty of opportunities for a win

Mexican titan
05-05-13, 02:01 PM
Well that was a pretty pathetic effort despite it looking close on the scoreboard at the end. Slow and confused service from dummy half, little go forward up the middle and Bird kicking. Usually the recipe for a loss.
I read in the paper this week that Ryan James said that giving away three penalties a week is not good enough. Well he gave away his usual lot of dumb penalties this week and didn't do much else. I certainly do not see what others do in him.

gotitans101_
05-05-13, 02:01 PM
Idris carved up on Supercoach, 133 points! Lucky I've got him in my team.

GCTitans
05-05-13, 02:02 PM
We were lucky there because we didn't deserve to be that close in the end. But we certainly were ripped off because that Johnson try was defiantly not a try and that video referee should be dropped.

The Mole
05-05-13, 02:03 PM
That was painful to watch.

Zillman, Michaels need to be dropped. Carty...... has till end of year max to turn things around starting with his selections.

Ioane, Idris, Sezer were fantastic i thought. Taylor was unstoppable for a few minutes.

Coaster
05-05-13, 02:05 PM
Your kidding about James surely.
We were about to be flogged by 50 before he came on and changed the game with good first contact and dominating the ruck.

Check the stats for how many offloads the warriors did before he took the field

Nick
05-05-13, 02:06 PM
Can we still buy Dugan? I don't care if he is a ********, we needed someone like him at fullback to actually do something.

Rumours are that he may be with the drag queens against us next week

GCTitans
05-05-13, 02:06 PM
Jamal had an alright game, but I'm sick of seeing him run across the field half the time doing nothing. He's huge he just needs to run straight.

Nick
05-05-13, 02:07 PM
James was good and passionate, he just needs to control it a bit.. He was also heavily targeted by refs IMO..

Nick
05-05-13, 02:09 PM
Jamal had an alright game, but I'm sick of seeing him run across the field half the time doing nothing. He's huge he just needs to run straight.

I'm not a fan of it either but he only does it because they run out of room when doing second man plays down his edge, it usually comes down to the fullback to give him that space he isn't getting.

TITAN PETE
05-05-13, 02:09 PM
Best part if the game was the boys never gave up which is something that would've happened in the past, Bird & Idris were brilliant Taylor & James just behind them but Sezars kicking game was sensational.

Unhappy we lost but not too disappointed over all.

Kelly looks to only have concussion.

teke
05-05-13, 02:10 PM
Can we still buy Dugan? I don't care if he is a ********:laugh:

Mexican titan
05-05-13, 02:11 PM
Your kidding about James surely.
We were about to be flogged by 50 before he came on and changed the game with good first contact and dominating the ruck.

Check the stats for how many offloads the warriors did before he took the field

No I'm not. I think he is slow, lumbering and ill disciplined. That's just my view and I hope he proves me wrong.
I probably should not comment about a game straight after it - that game in particular really gave me the sh**s. I agree with others about the contributions of Sezer and Jamal.

Coaster
05-05-13, 02:12 PM
Are we ever going to complain about Gordon again?

Noddy1979
05-05-13, 02:12 PM
Taylor has to start and should play long minutes, mini to go and Ridge back aswell.
Myles
Falloon
Douglas
Bird
Taylor
Ridge

Bench/ioane,Bailey,James, Irwin
Backs should be tweaked
Rankin (who is a genuine fullback)
Gordon
Zilman
Idris
The Gary Belcher look a like from 87

Sezer
Henry

titanfan1980
05-05-13, 02:13 PM
Anyone saying Ryan James gives away to many penalties must not have been watching the same game that penalty he got for manner ing tackling him while he had the ball was a joke, he's vein. Targeted by the refs and Dave Taylor's spear?? Please!! He barely went past horizontal! And have the refs forgotten that Shaun Johnsons tap forward is a knock on? We were harshly dealt with by sub par refs

Titan Dad
05-05-13, 02:14 PM
Greg Bird is a grub

I thought we had finally pissed you off our forum, alas the ******** just keeps surfacing like a pimple on the **** of society.
Take a break and join another forum where your constant knocking is warranted. Unfortunately for us you keep logging in... Piss off cuzzy bro...:boohoo:

TITAN PETE
05-05-13, 02:15 PM
Are we ever going to complain about Gordon again?

Not if he scores a double against the Dragoons :D

Titanic Believer
05-05-13, 02:15 PM
Not sure about tactics but is it usual when attacking the line to have three individual hit ups before putting on any sort of play then try to score on the 4th and 5th tackle? It seemed to me that's what they were doing?

Coaster
05-05-13, 02:17 PM
Not sure about tactics but is it usual when attacking the line to have three individual hit ups before putting on any sort of play then try to score on the 4th and 5th tackle? It seemed to me that's what they were doing?

They do not have 1 set play to use.

With AB off the field we had to rely on second phase and force

Coaster
05-05-13, 02:21 PM
Not if he scores a double against the Dragoons :D

After 3 try assists for Micheals. He only has to be safe to be 100% better IMO.
Last NZ try had Steve standing on the try line to make a tackle.

Coaster
05-05-13, 02:35 PM
Really happy with Ioane debut. Thought he was extremely solid

thelwall
05-05-13, 02:38 PM
if i see Michaels in a jersey next week im going to go give carty a gob full , i have a torn acl and i can jump and defend better then that princess hesus bloody christ.. rant over

Geeman
05-05-13, 02:44 PM
I do like the extra bit of aggression James brings to the pack, both in attack and defence, but he does have a habit of giving away silly penalties at bad times

DavidBouveng
05-05-13, 02:50 PM
So we e got rid of debt, have a functioning CEO, a decent squad, new assistant coaches and got rid of princey and champion due to their bad influence...

We are running out of things to blame other than the actual issue.

Boonarga
05-05-13, 03:06 PM
On a positive note. Great to see Idris fit and keen. He's 100% better than last year. Also, Greg Bird is our best player week after week and again today. Until our supercoacb put him into the halves anyway.

Julius Sezer
05-05-13, 03:31 PM
I thought we had finally pissed you off our forum, alas the ******** just keeps surfacing like a pimple on the **** of society.
Take a break and join another forum where your constant knocking is warranted. Unfortunately for us you keep logging in... Piss off cuzzy bro...:boohoo:

Funny how Newcastle fans wanted Bird to sign with them :laugh:

Titan Fanatic
05-05-13, 03:36 PM
zillman: had no support play at all and poor positioning in defence in many occasions
micheals: he has no idea where he should be in defence and offers nothing in attack
taka: ran sideways way too much but pretty solid
idris: run in way to much but needs space
when given the ball
don: I don't know why people think he is better than Gordon
he struggled defensively coming in to tackle the ball carrier
and didn't make the tackle even once
sezer: the 40/20s were beautiful but other than that he made poor choices on last tackle and got found out on the inside from rushing up a couple of times
kelly: again made poor decisions on last tackle,
Douglas: gave us next to no go foward
falloon: apart from that kick we missed his injection and should have started with irwin
bailey: is lacking something this year but I thought he had his best game with his extra effort on kick chase
bird: pass the bloody ball tries to hard he needs to let others in the team have a go specifically our centers
mini: trying hard but hardly saw him at all,forgot he was even playing
myles:offered nothin at all and hasn't all season
ioane: was defending most of the time he was on but looked good just ran straight which is what we need
Taylor: played really well except for a couple of stupid errors and penalties but we had no other option in attack except give it to Taylor
James: liked the aggression but he does some silly things in games and didn't run the ball hard in attack
irwin: solid without doing anything special
overall: we were very poor we didn't deserve to be in that game sezer with two good kicks and a couple of lucky plays.micheals should not be I first grade and we really missed Gordon and mead and how management continues to support the style of play carty is bringing is beyond me and surely we should at least be saying to carty that we need some attacking moves.we were just out enthused
for most of the match I am getting tired of watching the same game over and over from the titans with no expectations of it improving.we really need to learn to attack through the back line if we want any chance of making the 8 let alone winning a premiership. hopefully we can pick up the performance for next week
go the titans

Coaster
05-05-13, 03:40 PM
zillman: had no support play at all and poor positioning in defence in many occasions
micheals: he has no idea where he should be in defence and offers nothing in attack
when given the ball
sezer: the 40/20s were beautiful but other than that he made poor choices on last tackle and got found out on the inside from rushing up a couple of times
falloon: apart from that kick we missed his injection and should have started with irwin
bailey: is lacking something this year but I thought he had his best game with his extra effort on kick chase
bird: pass the bloody ball tries to hard he needs to let others in the team have a go specifically our centers
ioane: was defending most of the time he was on but looked good just ran straight which is what we need
Taylor: played really well except for a couple of stupid errors and penalties but we had no other option in attack except give it to Taylor
James: liked the aggression but he does some silly things in games and didn't run the ball hard in attack
overall: we were very poor we didn't deserve to be in that game sezer with two good kicks and a couple of lucky plays.micheals should not be I first grade and we really missed Gordon and mead and how management continues to support the style of play carty is bringing is beyond me and surely we should at least be saying to carty that we need some attacking moves.we were just out enthused
for most of the match I am getting tired of watching the same game over and over from the titans with no expectations of it improving.we really need to learn to attack through the back line if we want any chance of making the 8 let alone winning a premiership. hopefully we can pick up the performance for next week
go the titans

Wow that's easily the most negative post I've ever seen.

Julius Sezer
05-05-13, 03:44 PM
If we don't start winning from next week or the week after then i will kiss this season goodbye as our run home will be very very difficult and we won't have any momentum with us then.

Hail Sezer
05-05-13, 03:45 PM
when given the ball
go the titans

Is this entire post a piss take?

Julius Sezer
05-05-13, 03:53 PM
I enjoyed how he wrote 2000 words of negativity and right at the end mentions "go the titans".

LOL

Smakked
05-05-13, 03:54 PM
I thought the boys looked flat in the first half but came out stronger in the second. Bird solid as always beside that silly mistake. Sezers kicking game is impressive and gets better every week. James goes hard just needs to stop the penaltys all tho as some have said one was soft. Ioane shows promise , needs more game time as he looked a bit underdone, was sucking in the big ones a few times. Micheals........ yeah well ?????

Consistency is what is needed and cut out a few little mistakes we are making

We need a new coach who knows some attacking plays!

Nick
05-05-13, 03:59 PM
The big think I didn't like the performance is that They were apart of one of my multis.. The sharks win rubs it in and now the panthers will topple the roosters :P

DIEHARD
05-05-13, 04:19 PM
You know what? I missed this game! The early NZ games always catch me out and I was out at a may day march. And forgot to record it.

All I can go on is your comments, which I value.

Looks like a close one on paper.

So Albert Kelly is ok? Idris and Ioene had good games. And seems like Sezer was classy. Im gonna have to wait until tomorrow to watch it on Fox Sports unfortunately.

Im a huge fan of Ryan James, sounds like he ripped in and adds some aggression to our pack.

DIEHARD
05-05-13, 04:19 PM
Did Taka pull up ok?

DIEHARD
05-05-13, 04:23 PM
CLICK TO WATCH WARRIORS V TITANS PRESS CONFERENCE (http://www.titans.com.au/news-display/titans/73922)

DavidBouveng
05-05-13, 04:28 PM
when given the ball
go the titans

is this Karnages gimmick account?

Smakked
05-05-13, 04:30 PM
You know what? I missed this game! The early NZ games always catch me out and I was out at a may day march. And forgot to record it.

All I can go on is your comments, which I value.

Looks like a close one on paper.

So Albert Kelly is ok? Idris and Ioene had good games. And seems like Sezer was classy. Im gonna have to wait until tomorrow to watch it on Fox Sports unfortunately.

Im a huge fan of Ryan James, sounds like he ripped in and adds some aggression to our pack.

You missed it, that's 2 weeks on the sidelines for you :p

Sacrilege

teke
05-05-13, 04:36 PM
Wow that's easily the most negative post I've ever seen.:laugh:

Can u give me a quick summary of it

DavidBouveng
05-05-13, 04:37 PM
i only saw parts of the game so take this at face value, and peoplecan fill me in,

but it seemed when i was watching that DT and Jamal were really ripping in.

Bird was going hard as usual, Ioane had a pretty good debut, and James was bringing the aggression once again, but perhaps too much at times.

Sezer who is always mature and level headed looked a bit more hungry to get the ball.

everyone else was so-so?

also, i want to purely get peoples opinion on this, as im not suggesting they are not going well...i just havent noticed them much, but how effective are Myles and Douglas at the moment / this year?

They are both no nonsense guys who keep carting it up, but im not sure if they are just so workman like that i dont notice them to appreciate it, or if they arent offering as much as last year, Myles especially, who i marvelled at during most games last season.

Coaster
05-05-13, 04:39 PM
:laugh:

Can u give me a quick summary of it

1. Crap
2. Crap
3. Crap
4. Crap
Etc
Etc

Go Titans

teke
05-05-13, 04:42 PM
1. Crap
2. Crap
3. Crap
4. Crap
Etc
Etc

Go Titans:laugh:

K2G
05-05-13, 04:53 PM
Jamal's best game as a titan. We need to bring our centers and wingers into the game more / better, but that is nothing new.

Sezer has a few gears to go up yet and showed some great signs today. Shame we can't seem to get any consistency in the halves with injury though.

Again, i love James's aggression, and agree that momentum shifted in our favor when he came on for his second spell. He does need to check the penalties, but his talent and potential are worth investing in and persevering with.

Ioane had a really solid debut and almost powered in for a try, he will be great for us over the origin period. I'm really liking Taka, despite the few defensive lapses in his game. As per the above, i still don't think the team knows how to use our centers to maximize their potential, and though we haven't seen near all taka can do yet, some of his touches in his few outings with us have been class.

Zillman finally scored a try. ... Round 8 ... all of a sudden he is Zilly Slater. He wasn't terrible today, people bag his passing game, but the few cut-out balls he's thrown this year have been the most threatening aspect of his game. Apparently he has a million line-breaks, but he must be making them through the queue to the dunny at half time, because i just don't see a dangerous fullback when i watch the titans play. For a fullback (and vice-captain 'leader of men' no less), he just goes missing in games far too much. I agree that center would be a better position for him, but not ahead of either of the centers who played today.

I won't bag Michaels because Teke will get upset (jks mate :D ) but needless to say there were a few aspects of the team's performance which seem to get repeated week in week out.

Im not sure if it's the players, the coaching, the bounce of the ball... but you'd think we can't go much longer without some changes. A few guys in NYC and our Feeder teams are really pushing for selection imo (Russell, Hunt, Barba). We could do much worse than jumping out of the moving car, when the alternative is closing our eyes and hoping it doesn't crash

Hail Sezer
05-05-13, 04:56 PM
1. Crap
2. Crap
3. Crap
4. Crap
Etc
Etc

Go Titans

lol'd

Nick
05-05-13, 04:57 PM
Paragraphs please people! It is impossible to read things without spaces on a phone!

teke
05-05-13, 05:00 PM
Jamal's best game as a titan. We need to bring our centers and wingers into the game more / better, but that is nothing new. Sezer has a few gears to go up yet and showed some great signs today. Shame we can't seem to get any consistency in the halves with injury though. Again, i love James's aggression, and agree that momentum shifted in our favor when he came on for his second spell. He does need to check the penalties, but his talent and potential are worth investing in and persevering with. Ioane had a really solid debut and almost powered in for a try, he will be great for us over the origin period. I'm really liking Taka, despite the few defensive lapses in his game. As per the above, i still don't think the team knows how to use our centers to maximize their potential, and though we haven't seen near all taka can do yet, some of his touhes in his few outings with us have been class. Zillman finally scored a try. ... Round 8 ... all of a sudden he is Zilly Slater. He wasn't terrible today, people bag his passing game, but the few cut-out balls he's thrown this year have been the most threatening aspect of his game. Apparently he has a million line-breaks, but he must be making them through the queue to the dunny at half time, because i just don't see a dangerous fullback when i watch the titans play. For a fullback (and vice-captain 'leader of men' no less), he just goes missing in games far too much. I agree that center would be a better position for him, but not ahead of either of the centers who played today. I won't bag Michaels because Teke will get upset (jks mate :D ) but needless to say there were a few aspects of the team's performance which seem to get repeated week in week out. Im not sure if it's the players, the coaching, the bounce of the ball... but you'd think we can't go much longer without some changes. A few guys in NYC and our Feeder teams are really pushing for selection imo (Russell, Hunt, Barba). We could do much worse than jumping out of the moving car, when the alternative is closing our eyes and hoping it doesn't crash.I have no allegiance to Michaels nor think he should be in 1st grade but lets be honest some of the nitpicking of his game is just an over exaggeration.

Titanic Believer
05-05-13, 05:36 PM
Statistics seem quite flattering. ie completions etc
Warriors had two tries from bombs. Can these be defended better, is it the lack of skill on the wings or just the rub of the green?

Big Dan
05-05-13, 05:40 PM
if i see Michaels in a jersey next week im going to go give carty a gob full , i have a torn acl and i can jump and defend better then that princess hesus bloody christ.. rant over

Love your passion.

teke
05-05-13, 05:59 PM
Statistics seem quite flattering. ie completions etc
Warriors had two tries from bombs. Can these be defended better, is it the lack of skill on the wings or just the rub of the green?bombs are lotteries alot of the time. Attacking wingers only need to get their hands in to knock the ball back.

i did notice on a couple of occasions where the storm defenders stood to help their player that was diffusing the bomb.

Mexican titan
05-05-13, 06:53 PM
bombs are lotteries alot of the time. Attacking wingers only need to get their hands in to knock the ball back.

i did notice on a couple of occasions where the storm defenders stood to help their player that was diffusing the bomb.

These are the sorts of plays where I question the quality of the coaching. Time after time we see Meady and Gordon trying to defuse bombs but with little defensive support. I see other teams that have players trying to block runners and occasionally get penalised but at least they are trying to help out the wingers. Quite often I see our wingers trying to take a high ball with only attacking players anywhere near them.

karnage
05-05-13, 07:03 PM
So we e got rid of debt, have a functioning CEO, a decent squad, new assistant coaches and got rid of princey and champion due to their bad influence...

We are running out of things to blame other than the actual issue.

Why dance around the issue?? If we had even a basic attacking structure we'd have won that game by 13+

I hope our team does not allow the scoreline fool them into thinking that that was a good performance. It was not. The Warriors were bottom of the ladder heading into that and stats show that they are the worst team in the NRL (by a mile...) in the last 20 minutes of games.

We have yet another bottom 8 team next week, this time at home. If we drop that the 4 points we missed in this fortnight will cost the team a spot in the finals.

Titan Fanatic
05-05-13, 08:15 PM
Is this entire post a piss take?

haha na not taking the piss.

Just getting sick of watching titans play the same
game each week. As ordinary as I thought most
players were today against the team at the bottom of
the ladder, I guess it's hard to look good playing in a
boring attacking structure.

Titanic
05-05-13, 09:49 PM
Gentlemen, we are boring ... down right boring. We play the same way every week using the same players who make the same mistakes and they are not accountable ... I am so disheartened by today's p1ssweak effort that I couldn't be bothered arguing with much of the stuff written here.

The one-dimensional, endless hit-ups remind me of the 60's playing with a leather ball in the mud with unlimited tackles ... when will management wake up because we are killing the ability of some very good players?

Mt Smart
05-05-13, 11:58 PM
I met a few of your Mob at MT Smart today , good turn out by Titans Fans , most of whom are Kiwi's here.
Even the traditional Boo when the Titans ran out onto the field was half hearted, no one can hate on the Titans.
We had the U20's Squad sitting behind us , they were approached by a number of Warriors supporters during the break and were good enough to chat to people...the players I spoke to were rapt to beat our U20's team / nice lads...very good ambassadors for the club.
I thought your forwards looked flat in the first half / timing was off from dummy half , once the Warriors got a big lead and the rain started pissing down it was game over till Ryan James made it personal...his mates came to the party and it was all on.
He was my MOM ahead of my Warrior picks.
Idris and Taylor are such menacing players when they run straight / should have been our undoing.
Why there weren't more balls put above and behind Manu I don't understand.
Good Luck against the Dragons and for the rest of the season , all is not lost , our team has a horrific Injury Toll as well.
It's a case of grounding it out till the cavalry are back.

Titan Fanatic
06-05-13, 06:58 AM
What was with the deliberate tap forward by johnson? that was a shocking call!

Mexican titan
06-05-13, 08:18 AM
The one-dimensional, endless hit-ups remind me of the 60's playing with a leather ball in the mud with unlimited tackles ... when will management wake up because we are killing the ability of some very good players?

I think that summarises it perfectly.
I have really tried to stay off the sack Cartwright bandwaggon but after the last few efforts and the last two years, it will not be long before I jump on board. I have heard Cartwright state that he will know when it's time to go and that no one will have to tell him - of course what he didn't say is that he would go without being paid out the rest of his contract. If he is on $400k it will cost over $1.5m to pay him out until the end of 2016 when his deal was due to end. Which takes us back to the stupidity of signing a coach for another 5 years. I don't care who the coach is, it is just something you should never do, as it can all go pear shaped so quickly.

Smakked
06-05-13, 08:50 AM
We are so frustrating to watch its getting more and more ridiculous every week.

Leeroy
06-05-13, 09:12 AM
Love reading everyone's comments every week. Sorry I don't post much as have a shocking memory and most parts of our game I like to forget anyway. All the topics are covered, answered and debated by you great people anyway. All I remember from yesterday's game was sitting at Burleigh Bears with my head in my hands wondering what was going on. Keep up the great work I love your passion.

karnage
06-05-13, 10:07 AM
This loss is going to hurt us later in the year, I just had a look at our last 8 weeks. In a nutshell:

- 5 of our last 8 games are AWAY from home.
- 6 of our last 8 games are against top 8 teams (Manly, Souths, Bulldogs, Cowboys, Roosters, Storm)
- Our last 2 games are AWAY to the Roosters and AWAY to the Storm.

It is a BRUTAL ending to the regular season. It is a very long season but losing to the likes of the Warriors, in the form they are in, is a game we need to make up somewhere else.

Mr Stupid
06-05-13, 02:43 PM
Gentlemen, we are boring ... down right boring. We play the same way every week using the same players who make the same mistakes and they are not accountable ... I am so disheartened by today's p1ssweak effort that I couldn't be bothered arguing with much of the stuff written here.

I hate dumping on the club but have to agree^. I watched in the pub but left at 3/4 time and hated my disinterest in the radio commentary as the boys rallied late. By then I was so fed up with the performance that I was over it. Surprised myself as I'm pretty loyal normally.

TITAN FAN
06-05-13, 04:04 PM
James Bailey and Falloon had the highest tackle count over the week-end
Falloon played with a fractured toe according to the website thought he did an admirable job considering and James came out firing

Over all the Warriers played with more mungrel, they were desperate for the win and got it

Our boys didnt have that mungrel in them accross the whole field for the 80 and if we are to win games they need to start like they did in the beginning of the year get that mungrel back into the whole side not just a few of them who put there hand up every week

Surfers66
06-05-13, 04:11 PM
Trying not to bag the boys, maybe just 1 of them in particular.

Zillman, there was a moment in the first half when Feleti cut through us down our left side and through a desperate ball to his winger, the winger drops it..
And it falls in front of Zillman............AND he fingers it and dropped it clean. Yes it was at feet height but he had a second to compose himself anyway.
He drops it and if picked up could of tried to run the frild for the try.

Also if Slater was our fullback he would of scored 5 tries yesterday. Idris and Taylor were shrugging defenders off and serveral times got there arms free while having 3, 4 or even 5 defenders attached.. If Zillman was running off these guys and with the right timing he would be killing it....

C'Mon Zilly!!!!!!!!!!

Presto would be having a field day!!!!!!!!!!!

Supergoose
06-05-13, 10:47 PM
This loss is going to hurt us later in the year, I just had a look at our last 8 weeks. In a nutshell:

- 5 of our last 8 games are AWAY from home.
- 6 of our last 8 games are against top 8 teams (Manly, Souths, Bulldogs, Cowboys, Roosters, Storm)
- Our last 2 games are AWAY to the Roosters and AWAY to the Storm.

It is a BRUTAL ending to the regular season. It is a very long season but losing to the likes of the Warriors, in the form they are in, is a game we need to make up somewhere else.

This is the most salient point made thus far. We can not keep losing games to teams who should finish below us, as we'll need to pick up games against top 4 teams later on (we may have one already with the win against Manly). But we've lost to the Sharks, Knights and Broncos all who will make claims for the top 8 and are challenges for our spot. To lose yesterday was devastating. To do so in the fashion we did more so. Our forwards were dominated and apart from James, Taylor, Sezer and Idris none of our blokes looked like getting the better of their opponent. We really need to smash the Dragons this week if we are to be serious considerations for a finals berth.