Pages : [1] 2

DIEHARD
05-01-13, 09:01 PM
Gold Coast Titans vs Newcastle Knights
Sunday April 28 2:00 PM - Skilled Park

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/dbimages/sfx100341.jpg

DIEHARD
15-04-13, 12:06 AM
Who is pumped for this? Two weeks ladies and gentlemen.

Smakked
15-04-13, 12:24 AM
Yep awesome i will be there for sure

TITAN PETE
15-04-13, 07:00 AM
Can't wait to give it to Mason & Boyd :eyebrows:

Julius Sezer
15-04-13, 09:17 AM
we have start getting onto a winning streak and build some momentum. Our defence around the edges needs to be cleaned up

Julius Sezer
15-04-13, 09:22 AM
Statwise Knights are a very similar team to us. We have to get a win.

Rage
15-04-13, 05:50 PM
Apparently Mead is out for 6 weeks? So Don will be getting his spot I presume.

lonegull
15-04-13, 05:56 PM
Knights will be without Smith (suspended) and Mullen (injured)

TitansFan2020
15-04-13, 11:02 PM
I want to see a team like this

1. Barba
2. Gordon
3. Takaraingi
4. Idris
5. Hunt
6. Sezer
7. Kelly
8. Douglas
9. Srama
10. Myles
11. Bird
12. Ridge
13. Harrison

14. Taylor
15. Bailey
16. James
17. Falloon

but i can only dream :(

I think im too excited for barba and hunt to make debuts!

patskE
16-04-13, 12:13 AM
mead broke his jaw with 15mins to go last game. i hope don stays in or someone younger and micheals gets dropped.

Titanic
16-04-13, 12:44 AM
I doubt that Barba is up to it yet.

Julius Sezer
16-04-13, 10:14 AM
1. William Zillman
2. Kevin Gordon/Steve Michaels
3. Brad Takairangi
4. Jamal Idris
5. Anthony Don
6. Aidan Sezer
7. Albert Kelly

Titanic
16-04-13, 01:17 PM
Gordon is no chance of getting dropped and it will be Michaels if Takairangi is still out and Henry for Sezer if he's out. The forwards are more of a lottery ... do we stop the two hookers rotation and are they all fit anyway? Do we bring Minichiello back? Has Ridge recovered? Is Taylor back in favour? These and many more questions will answered in due course.

DIEHARD
16-04-13, 02:18 PM
Ridge then Mini. Mini had a great return for us, I was proud of him.

TITAN PETE
16-04-13, 06:07 PM
Gordon is no chance of getting dropped and it will be Michaels if Takairangi is still out and Henry for Sezer if he's out. The forwards are more of a lottery ... do we stop the two hookers rotation and are they all fit anyway? Do we bring Minichiello back? Has Ridge recovered? Is Taylor back in favour? These and many more questions will answered in due course.

Srama still in doubt but Falloon will be right, Taka is expected to play as is Sezar but Ridge is almost no chance.

Taylor will have served his suspension but I think how he goes for Tweed will have a lot to do whether he is selected.

DavidBouveng
16-04-13, 06:48 PM
This is a really good test. I think after the top four sides, there is a considering gap, then teams like us, Newcastle and a re surgert brisbane.

If Newcastle are 'on' their ball movement and backline skill level is pretty rediculous, but if we are 'on', our defense and effort can nullify some of the very best teams.

Should be good fun.

Mr Stupid
16-04-13, 07:52 PM
Should be good fun

Playing the Storm is good fun. Playing teams I have every expectation of winning is nerve wracking��

DIEHARD
22-04-13, 03:43 AM
CLICK HERE TO BUY TICKETS FOR TITANS vs KNIGHTS (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=TIT0713)

Looking forward to this one.

My mate Mick's 2nd team, my mum is from the Hunter, Knights were my uncles team and also catching up with a mate from Newcastle who is busy working on building supporter culture down there through a supporters group. I like that. Deserves support.

Smakked
22-04-13, 04:03 AM
Hopefully Sezer and Kelly back in the halves for this one.

DIEHARD
22-04-13, 04:08 AM
Hopefully Sezer and Kelly back in the halves for this one.

That's the big hope. Knights are weakened through injury as well. We gotta get this win at home.

DIEHARD
22-04-13, 06:18 AM
Our record against the Knights since 2007.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/titansknights_zpsc38d16c2.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/diehard2/media/titansknights_zpsc38d16c2.jpg.html)

gotitans101_
22-04-13, 02:20 PM
Wonder if Mullen is back this week for the Knights?

gotitans101_
22-04-13, 02:27 PM
double post....

DIEHARD
22-04-13, 04:40 PM
He is out isn't he? I think he is.

gotitans101_
22-04-13, 05:12 PM
Titans welcome back Taylor after NRL ban
By Laine Clark
AAP
Mon 22nd April, 4:41pm

Print
Decrease Font
Increase Font
RSS
All is forgiven for David Taylor at the Gold Coast Titans.

So dramatic has Taylor's turnaround been at the Titans that Gold Coast boss David May on Monday not only rubber stamped his NRL return but predicted representative honours this season for the hulking forward.

The player dubbed "the Coal Train" appeared to have gone off the rails when slapped with a two-week NRL ban by the Titans for disciplinary reasons.

But Taylor is now on track to run out against Newcastle at Skilled Park on Sunday after receiving a glowing endorsement from May.

Taylor's dramatic fall from grace was put in perspective when he played for Tweed Heads in the Queensland Cup last weekend - barely 12 months earlier he was making his Test debut for Australia.

However, Taylor was seen in a very different light by May on Monday.

"We put a series of sanctions in place that we thought was in keeping with what he had done," May said.

"He responded so as far as we are concerned that is the end of it.

"He has admitted to the mistakes he has made.

"We think the way he has reacted is exactly what we would have looked for.

"If he continues to focus on his football then I have no doubt he will be playing representative footy before long."

Asked if Titans players now expected Taylor back in the NRL side, May said: "Yeah.

"Everyone at this club wants to see Dave succeed.

"It's been well publicised that he has made some mistakes in the last month or so.

"But I am pleased with how he has reacted personally. We just want to see the continued improvement."

It is another shot in the arm for Taylor after Queensland coach Mal Meninga revealed the forward was still in the Origin mix this year despite his recent dramas - as long as he had the right attitude.

Veteran forward Luke Bailey had no problem with Taylor donning the Titans colours again.

"He's copped some outside criticism but a lot of people are not sure what is going on inside this place," he said.

"I have been happy with how he is going and look forward to seeing him back in the team.

"He was pretty upbeat at training (after the ban) - that is a sign that he has matured.

"He could have dragged his feet around but he put in a pretty good performance (for Tweed) on the weekend - what more can you do?"

http://www.nrl.com/titans-welcome-back-taylor-after-nrl-ban/tabid/10874/newsid/71855/default.aspx

TITAN PETE
22-04-13, 07:36 PM
I look forward to big DT smashing the Knights

Coaster
22-04-13, 08:21 PM
Man he played well for Tweed.
He is a front rower with the brain of a halfback.

DavidBouveng
22-04-13, 10:43 PM
yeah so happy he showed a great attitude and played with passion and commitment.

all the noise coming from the club is that hes taken it on the chin and ready to move forward... could end up being the medicine he needed to show us what hes really got.

gotitans101_
22-04-13, 11:52 PM
If Taylor is back, will Mini still get another run this week? He deserves it after the effort he put in against Parra.

K2G
23-04-13, 12:39 AM
Meanwhile, Knights five-eighth Jarrod Mullen is considered a good chance of playing against the Titans despite undergoing knee surgery early last week

from http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/newcastle-knights-have-no-regrets-about-letting-flourishing-titan-albert-kelly-go/story-e6frep7o-1226626201074

Titanic
23-04-13, 06:23 AM
"He's copped some outside criticism but a lot of people are not sure what is going on inside this place," Bailey (sic) said.
This is not a good look at all.

Sydney Titans Fanatic
23-04-13, 07:19 AM
Knights reject Kelly finally fulfilling potential

This time last year, gifted playmaker Albert Kelly was trying to resurrect his career in Newcastle after Knights coach Wayne Bennett threw the one-time boy wonder a lifeline.
Now Bennett and the Knights are trying to plot his downfall as they prepare to tackle the Titans at Skilled Park on Sunday.
After false starts at Parramatta, Cronulla and Newcastle, 22-year-old Kelly has steered the Titans to four wins from their first six games – the same record as the Knights – and appears to be fulfilling his potential under Gold Coast coach John Cartwright.
Bennett gave Kelly another chance after the Sharks tore up his three-year contract in March last year. A cousin of South Sydney, Queensland and Australian superstar Greg Inglis, Kelly played a handful of NSW Cup games for the Knights in and around his commitments with Newcastle Rugby League club Central.
Advertisement
But the Knights ran out of patience and sacked him on June 28 after he appeared in Newcastle Local Court two days earlier and pleaded guilty to smashing a light at a nightclub on April 26.
Despite Kelly's poor off-field disciplinary record, Cartwright gave the 2008 Australian Schoolboys representative a shot at redemption and he has made the most of the opportunity.
Veteran Knights centre Timana Tahu, who helped initiate Kelly's move to Newcastle last year and still keeps in touch as a mentor, could not be happier for his friend and former clubmate.
"Me and my manager, Warwick Wright, our company brought him here and it was great that Wayne gave him a chance to come here," Tahu said.
"I think the main thing Wayne wanted to do was for him to stay in the NRL, because he's a talented kid and he's brought a lot of spark to the Titans. He's enjoying his footy at the moment and I'm happy for him."
Tahu said Kelly had settled down since becoming a father. Kelly and his partner, Mtia Tass, have an eight-month-old daughter, Brida-Lee.
"I never [doubted his ability], and that was probably the main reason why I wanted him up here with me," Tahu said.
"I think he was in a bad place at the time, so it was good for him and his family – he's got a little daughter now – so I think he's in a happy place and I think he plays for his daughter as well.
"What he's doing this year, he's done some freakish things and he's a dangerous player."
Despite suffering what appeared to be a serious knee injury in Gold Coast's 32-12 loss to Brisbane on April 5, Kelly made a remarkable recovery to back up nine days later and score the go-ahead try in the Titans' come-from-behind 28-22 victory over his old club Parramatta.
Although he would have preferred to see Kelly find his feet in Newcastle, Tahu said the Bowraville Tigers junior was surrounded by good people on the Gold Coast.
"I think he probably needed a new change and the Titans have shown him some love, and he's loving it up there," he said.
"I talk to him now and then, and my manager talks to him every couple of days, and he seems to be happy and seems to be enjoying his footy.
"I think it's been a while, because he was in a dark place a couple of years ago at Cronulla, then when he came here it was more about looking after him, and him having the support of family and friends around him.
"He's gone to the Gold Coast and they gave him a crack, and now he's paying the favour back by playing good footy.
"There's a few indigenous boys up there – Preston Campbell, and Greg Bird's up there as well – and the Gold Coast is probably just a good place to be at too. So for him, he's concentrating on footy and his family is his number-one priority, so I'm happy for him."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/knights-reject-kelly-finally-fulfilling-potential-20130422-2iatx.html#ixzz2REHhUnFe

kevrab
23-04-13, 01:29 PM
Good to see Mini is getting another run. He had a good game against parra

Hail Sezer
23-04-13, 01:37 PM
The iSelect Gold Coast Titans have received a boost with key quartet Aidan Sezer, Matt Srama, Dave Taylor and Beau Falloon today named for Sunday’s Round 7 clash against the Newcastle Knights at Skilled Park.
iSelect Titans Coach John Cartwright today named key playmaker Sezer (hamstring) and hooking duo Srama (shoulder) and Falloon (appendicitis) to return from injury/illness while Taylor has been named on the interchange bench in his return to first grade after being stood down on disciplinary grounds a fortnight ago.
Sezer has missed the past two matches while Srama, Falloon and Taylor were absent from the club’s last start victory over the Eels at Skilled Park prior to last weekend’s representative bye weekend.
Representative quartet Greg Bird (Australia), Nate Myles (Australia), Jamal Idris (Country Origin) and Ryan James (Country Origin) have all been included in the team to take on the Knights after coming through last weekend’s representative fixtures unscathed.
In other team changes for the clash with the Knights, utility Luke O’Dwyer makes his return to the centres while centre Steve Michaels has been named as 18th man on an extended five-man interchange bench.
Fans can purchase tickets to this weekend’s match and the club’s other remaining home matches for 2013 at reduced prices as part of the “Five Day Fan Frenzy” ticketing offer, with savings of up to 30 per cent for tickets purchased before close of business on Friday, April 26.

iSelect Titans vs Newcastle Knights
Sunday, April 28
2pm – Skilled Park

1 William Zillman
2 Kevin Gordon
3 Luke O' Dwyer
4 Jamal Idris
5 Anthony Don
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Albert Kelly
8 Luke Douglas
9 Matt Srama
10 Nate Myles
11 Greg Bird
12 Mark Minichiello
13 Ashley Harrison

Interchange
14 David Taylor
15 Luke Bailey
16 Ryan James
17 Beau Falloon
18 Steve Michaels

http://www.titans.com.au/news-display/Key-quartet-named-for-Knights-clash/73009

Dopamine
23-04-13, 01:37 PM
Boooo O'dwyer in the centres....

Hail Sezer
23-04-13, 01:44 PM
Boooo O'dwyer in the centres....

I know what you mean man but lets take the positive...Michaels out of the 17..

Ahh screwit. Carty strikes again

Supergoose
23-04-13, 01:58 PM
O'Dwyer has more lives than a cat. I would like to see Jamie Dowling getting a run before O'Dwyer and Michaels. Takairangi can't come back soon enough. Obviously worried about the Knights strike power out wide.

DIEHARD
23-04-13, 02:07 PM
So happy to see those boys back. But Taka can't come back soon enough. (Well I guess he cant, but you get my drift)

gotitans101_
23-04-13, 02:28 PM
You've got to be kidding me, O'Dwyer again? The guy did nothing but give away dumb penalties against Parra, why he deserves selection even over Michaels is beyond me. Would rather see Hymel get a shot over both of them though, but Carty is always reluctant to try new blood unless he really has no choice, like with Irwin.

Bayside Titan
23-04-13, 03:38 PM
What is the Status of O'Dare ?? Surely give him a go if he's not injured rather than O'Dwyer....

Maybe O'Dwyer has the " Goat Photos now "....hahahhaha

TITAN PETE
23-04-13, 03:55 PM
What is the Status of O'Dare ?? Surely give him a go if he's not injured rather than O'Dwyer....

Maybe O'Dwyer has the " Goat Photos now "....hahahhaha

Have been told he is very fast but defence is very average & he's 0 chance of playing NRL this season

teke
23-04-13, 04:20 PM
:Maybe O'Dwyer has the " Goat Photos now "....hahahhaha:laugh:

I forget who it was but someone said "50 bux on Odwyer giving away the first penalty with a leg pull in the Parra game" Lukes first tackle he got up with the opponents leg under his arm pit :rolleyes: :rolleyes:...he should have been penalised

TITAN PETE
23-04-13, 04:23 PM
:laugh:

I forget who it was but someone said "50 bux on Odwyer giving away the first penalty with a leg pull in the Parra game" Lukes first tackle he got up with the opponents leg under his arm pit :rolleyes: :rolleyes:...he should have been penalised

That was Shamus :drinkies: :laugh:

Julius Sezer
23-04-13, 04:52 PM
I think Carty picked O'Dwyer in the centres because of his defence.

gotitans101_
23-04-13, 05:04 PM
Knights have named both Gagai and Mullen to play this week. Just our luck. :(

Titanic
23-04-13, 05:39 PM
Gagai/Uate v O'Dwyer/Gordon (pulls bed covers over head)

gotitans101_
23-04-13, 06:13 PM

Haha, my thoughts exactly. Gagai is a gun, he'll be a big boost for the Knights.

Noddy1979
23-04-13, 07:42 PM

Don't fear one thing about Chalky he can and will defend like a demon all day,and Gaigai has a little issue with being hit.

Chaos
23-04-13, 09:52 PM
I read in another thread that David May had faith in our young talent coming through and we didn't need to buy a big name player in the back line.
It was positive and would give our young guys confidence.

Yet, this week we see O'dywer named at centre.
The guy is a hard defender in the middle but reading defense out wide with structured plays coming at you is another.
I wont go into is attacking ability.

I feel O'dywer and Michaels are holding out the young guys May is talking about.

DavidBouveng
23-04-13, 09:59 PM
I read in another thread that David May had faith in our young talent coming through and we didn't need to buy a big name player in the back line.

The guy is a hard defender in the middle but reading defense out wide with structured plays coming at you is another.

I feel O'dywer and Michaels are holding out the young guys May is talking about.

it is rare when i agree with you Chaos, but ur 100% right about holding young kids back.

it is a negative thought process to 'just hold them out' and pick a defender. we will never win back all of our fans if we dont go 'balls out' from time to time and show some faith.

Hail Sezer
23-04-13, 10:04 PM

Agreed.

I really thought this was going to be the week that Hymel would be given a shot.

I'm glad Don has been given a chance on the wing instead of Michaels though.

shamus
23-04-13, 11:02 PM
:laugh:

That was Shamus :drinkies: :laugh:

Yeah, but I would have blown my money, coz he got away with it. :ugh:

Titanic
23-04-13, 11:04 PM
Gagai is a gun because he was believed in by his coach and given an opportunity when Bennett had nothing to fall back on ... Hunt must be wondering what he has to do. O'Dwyer will be eaten alive and in his frustration will give away ridiculous penalties.

teke
24-04-13, 04:07 AM
I havnt seen anything from Hunt yet that suggests he would be a better choice at left centre than even Odwyer

Smakked
24-04-13, 04:20 AM
I havnt seen anything from Hunt yet that suggests he would be a better choice at left centre than even Odwyer

I haven't seen him do much either but everyone talks him up? Have i missed something or he only performs on days that i don't watch :P

DIEHARD
24-04-13, 05:31 AM
Im really worried about the Knights strike power. It can undo a lot of good work by the Titans in seconds. O'Dwyer shouldn't be a run on centre.

TITAN PETE
24-04-13, 06:11 AM

Agree with you mate but David has no say at all in team selection that is Cartys department only & this weekend may see his worst decision this season so far :?)
I'm confident Chalky will hold his own in the defensive line but his attacking ability will be a struggle & having an out of form Gordon his outside won't help..

chicbarn
24-04-13, 09:10 AM
If you guys watch the 20s you will see Hymel Hunt has shown no case for NRL selection. He has a poor attitude and floats in and out of games. All the talent in the world but he hasn't earned NRL selection yet and won't get a game until he does.

Hail Sezer
24-04-13, 09:18 AM
If you guys watch the 20s you will see Hymel Hunt has shown no case for NRL selection. He has a poor attitude and floats in and out of games. All the talent in the world but he hasn't earned NRL selection yet and won't get a game until he does.

I've only seen a game or 2 and I thought he was very good. Plenty of line breaks, tackle breaks and a lot of promise on defence. Maybe I watched only his good games though..plus its hard to warrant NRL selection on NYC form.

I understand what you mean about the floating in and out though, there have been instances where he appears to go missing a bit. In the statistics we all like to see he seems to be dominating. Perhaps a lack of involvement is his hinderance for NRL selection.

teke
24-04-13, 10:13 AM
Agree with you mate but David has no say at all in team selection that is Cartys department only & this weekend may see his worst decision this season so far :?)
I'm confident Chalky will hold his own in the defensive line but his attacking ability will be a struggle & having an out of form Gordon his outside won't help..There are a couple of ppl who have great influence over squad selection.

Titan Dad
24-04-13, 11:24 AM
There are a couple of ppl who have great influence over squad selection.

By this comment, the people that have the influence on team selection would only be the likes of Carty Gilly and Murphy. Is there anyone else who could influence the coaching staff as to who gets the run.....

kevrab
24-04-13, 12:12 PM

By this comment, the people that have the influence on team selection would only be the likes of Carty Gilly and Murphy. Is there anyone else who could influence the coaching staff as to who gets the run.....

Maybe Rogers?

teke
24-04-13, 01:11 PM

By this comment, the people that have the influence on team selection would only be the likes of Carty Gilly and Murphy. Is there anyone else who could influence the coaching staff as to who gets the run.....My pt was its not soley Carty picking the team, some dubious calls in the past have come from others that are not the coach ;)

Titanic
24-04-13, 01:46 PM
Who honestly believes that Searle isn't in that mix?

The point about Hunt is surely that he's shown enough to make the Maroons 20's so why not give him a shot? If you were stuck behind Michaels and O'Dwyer getting the nod all the time, how motivated would you be? I happlily accept that he's maybe not NRL standard now because he's never even tasted it ... give him a go before we write him off. Remember Srama and Ridge and Ryan, etc?

TITAN PETE
25-04-13, 07:10 AM
Bird to face potential bro-in-law on field
Travis Meyn | 12:01am April 25, 2013

IN the blue corner is a 102kg State of Origin weapon with 170 games of NRL experience who has been the Gold Coast Titans' best player of 2013.

In the red corner stands a 103kg NRL rookie of just 16 first-grade appearances intent on earning bragging rights over his possible future brother-in-law.

Meet Robbie Rochow: Newcastle's boom youngster who's ready to confront rampaging Titans co-captain Greg Bird on the field for the first time.

Rochow is the younger brother of Bird's partner Becky Rochow and the two bruisers will come face to face at Skilled Park on Sunday as she watches on.

Bird is salivating at the opportunity of giving his 22-year-old opponent "a lot of special treatment" as Becky watches from the stands.

"He's been on their left side for most of the year but last week switched to the right so I think we'll be marking up directly in front of each other which should be fun," Bird said with a grin on his face.

"I've been telling Becky that he's going to get a lot of special treatment.

"She told me she's going to go get a Knights jersey for this weekend. She's trying to stir me up as much as I was stirring her up about bashing him.

"She just wants to see a good game and both of us walk off the field healthy.

"We're good mates. It's going to be interesting."

While the 29-year-old Bird holds the upper hand in the age stakes, Rochow has proved he is a bona fide NRL player this year.

Both are Maitland products with Rochow spending time in Melbourne's system before finding his feet under Wayne Bennett back on home turf.

The growing back-rower has made 176 tackles this year -- at an average of 29 a game -- and is regularly playing 80-minute games just like Bird.

And while Rochow declined an interview request from The Bulletin, Bird was quick to strike the first blow.

"He has been going really well. Even in their star-studded line-up he's found a permanent role," Bird said.

"He's still only in his early years of first grade and is growing as a player. I've been there for a while so it'll be interesting coming up against him.

"He's only 22 and he's getting bigger. He's destined for the front row with the size of him.

"I'll have my work cut-out just as much as he's going to have his work cut out with me running at him."

Bird emerged unscathed from last Friday's Anzac Test and said he was looking forward to the return of back-row buddy Dave Taylor from a two-week club-imposed suspension.

"It's going to be a massive boost for us. Losing him when we had a few injuries was always going to be tough but it's something that had to be done," he said.

"He went out and played a big game for Tweed last weekend and earned his spot back.

"He's done the punishment and served the time and is ready to get back on the field."

Chaos
25-04-13, 08:00 AM
My pt was its not soley Carty picking the team, some dubious calls in the past have come from others that are not the coach ;)

I thought Carty was the coach?
Surely we don't have selectors within the club and Carty provides a game plan to suit.
Has Carty full control of the side now?

TITAN PETE
25-04-13, 08:29 AM
I thought Carty was the coach?
Surely we don't have selectors within the club and Carty provides a game plan to suit.
Has Carty full control of the side now?

What Teke is trying to say is Gilly has far too much input :rolleyes:

teke
25-04-13, 09:10 AM
What Teke is trying to say is Gilly has far too much input :rolleyes:yep

Toads
25-04-13, 10:59 AM
Considering Gilly's work ethics and his never say die attitude. And how we've stopped others teams rampantly scoring points against us, with our solid defense (apart from the left side edge). Gilly having a say in Team selection seems a worthy appointment. If that wasn't the case, it'd be understandable though..

Gilly didn't score the nickname "The Axe" by standing around making numbers. If every one of our players had a little bit of Gilly's mongrel in them, we'd be unstoppable. ;)

DavidBouveng
25-04-13, 11:35 AM
Considering Gilly's work ethics and his never say die attitude. And how we've stopped others teams rampantly scoring points against us, with our solid defense (apart from the left side edge). Gilly having a say in Team selection seems a worthy appointment. If that wasn't the case, it'd be understandable though..

Gilly didn't score the nickname "The Axe" by standing around making numbers. If every one of our players had a little bit of Gilly's mongrel in them, we'd be unstoppable. ;)

True, but his job is to help defensive technique and attitude.

If he has much more say in our team selection, bird will stay at five eighth, and mini and odwyer will be our centres. There is a bias towards older, harder heads rather than giving young guys a crack

DIEHARD
25-04-13, 04:39 PM
Titans v Knights preview

The Titans and Knights have both made solid starts to the season, with four wins and two losses apiece. The Titans have won three of their four home games, beating the Raiders, Sea Eagles and Eels and losing to the Broncos. The loss to the Broncos is the only real blot on their copybook so far ? they were whipped, 32-12. Their other loss was a narrow one on the road against the Sharks.

The Knights have a 100 per cent winning record at home, where they have beaten the Wests Tigers, Raiders, Cowboys and Panthers, but have a zero record on the road. They have lost to the Sea Eagles and Dragons in their only two away games, but were much more competitive in the second of those games after the Sea Eagles blitzed them.

The challenge is there for the Knights to start winning their fair share of away games if they want to make the finals. It's okay to have a good home record, but constantly losing away from home just puts more pressure on you to win the home games and that can bring teams undone. Still, the Titans were a bit lucky to beat the Eels at home in their most recent game. The Knights have a chance here.

There are a lot of changes to both sides from their most recent outings. Luke O'Dwyer and Jamal Idris go from the back row back to the centres for the Titans, while Ashley Harrison goes from hooker to his normal lock spot. Mark Minichiello will start in the second row, promoted from the bench. Aidan Sezer is back at five-eighth, replacing Beau Henry, and Matt Srama is back at hooker. Steve Michaels has dropped from the centres to a five-man bench. Centre David Mead is out, and Sam Irwin is gone from the bench. Back-up hooker Beau Falloon returns to the bench.

For the Knights, Dane Gagai returns to the centres, replacing BJ Leilua. Lock Jeremy Smith is suspended, so Chris Houston has dropped back from second row to lock and Alex McKinnon will start in the second row. Neville Costigan and Korbin Sims have joined the bench.

Watch Out Titans: Here's a trio of danger men for you, in the Knights' backline: Akuila Uate, who has run for a total of 310 metres in his past two games, and scored seven tries this season. Darius Boyd, 298 metres and two line-breaks in his past two games. Dane Gagai, 153 metres and two tries in his only full game this season, against the Wests Tigers.

Watch Out Knights: Titans second-rower Greg Bird has run for more than 100 metres in each of the six games he has played this season, and in his most recent game ? against the Eels ? he recorded a double century, running for 202. He also made two offloads (taking his tally to 14 for the season, the fourth most by any player). Bird is in great form, in attack and defence. He just keeps trying to make things happen. More often than not, they do.

Plays To Watch: Knights winger James McManus is a great target man for his halves, because of his ability to jump very high and safely bring the ball down for tries off kicks. He has made a line-break in each of his past two games as well, and has scored four tries this season.

Titans No.1 William Zillman has looked great out of the backfield at times this season, and has five line-breaks to his name. He just needs to become more consistent.

Key Match-Up: We all know what Kurt Gidley can do from hooker ? or several other positions ? for the Knights, but what about Titans hooker Matt Srama? He has come up with four line-breaks, two offloads and two tries in his five games this season.

Where It Will Be Won: The halves will have a lot to do with it, particularly because of the dynamic nature of the Titans pair, Aidan Sezer and Albert Kelly. The Knights are going to have to work hard to limit Kelly's opportunities, because he is one of those players who can suddenly explode into action. He has four tries, one line-break and five offloads so far this season.

The History: Played 9; Knights 5, Titans 4. The Titans won the last time they met, securing a 24-14 win at Hunter Stadium in Round 12 last season.

Match Officials: Referees ? Jared Maxwell & Luke Phillips; Sideline Officials ? Jason Walsh & Peter Gough. Video Referees ? Ashley Klein & Grant Atkins.

Televised: Fox Sports 1 ? Live, 2pm.

The Way We See It: There is no doubting the Knights are capable of winning this, but it's hard to put your full trust in them on the road at the moment. It is likely to be close, but at home the Titans should be able to exercise a critical advantage. Titans by four points.

http://www.nrl.com/

DIEHARD
25-04-13, 04:51 PM
Mullen confident to play Titans

Newcastle Knights five-eighth Jarrod Mullen is confident of playing this weekend against the Gold Coast Titans after recovering well from minor knee surgery.

Mullen, who has been playing with and managing a knee issue this season, made the difficult decision to undergo surgery last week, making himself unavailable for Sunday?s Country v City Origin match.

?I was disappointed to miss the Country team but my first priority is the Knights and I am happy now that my knee has been sorted,? he said.
?It has now been over a week since the operation now and my knee is feeling good.

?All reports back have been positive so the injury is out of my head now and I'll be good for the rest of the season.?

Mullen will spend this week undergoing rehabilitation before returning to the field for what he says will be a tough match against the Titans on Sunday.
?I will spend a fair bit of time in the gym with our performance staff this week and hopefully they can get me back on the park as soon as possible,? he explained.

?We are expecting a tough game against the Titans who have a big forward pack and are also big out wide.

?Hopefully we can go up there and get the two points.?

Captain Kurt Gidley said the procedure will put Mullen in good stead for the rest of the season.

?Jarrod is an important part of our team and hopefully he is going to be right for Sunday?s match,? Gidley said.

?Any little niggling injury certainly plays in the back of your mind when you are going in to a game.

?He hasn?t been 100 per cent right but has still been playing pretty well for us and hopefully now he will be feeling more confident in his body and ability to play.?

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/

Toads
25-04-13, 07:19 PM
True, but his job is to help defensive technique and attitude. Yup, well aware of Gilly's position

If he has much more say in our team selection, bird will stay at five eighth, and mini and odwyer will be our centres. There is a bias towards older, harder heads rather than giving young guys a crack How do we know that's what he's calling for each week though? If it was, they mustn't have been listening to him earlier in the year when Mini 'n Odwyer weren't getting picked.

DavidBouveng
25-04-13, 07:46 PM
Yup, well aware of Gilly's position

How do we know that's what he's calling for each week though? If it was, they mustn't have been listening to him earlier in the year when Mini 'n Odwyer weren't getting picked.

I was exaggerating to an extent, but in recent times when we could have gone down path A with selection issues, gilly has steered us down path B towards a more negative path. Bird to five eighth, harro to hooker type stuff.

And I love Gilly as much as the next bloke,he's a legend of QRL, but to credit him with our defense this year is to have selective memory. Was he not our defensive coach in the last few years?

I think our attitude in defense, and our mind set overall is due to increased fitness, leadership and a tighter group of players.

Titanic
25-04-13, 09:21 PM
Selections ultimately fall on the coach no matter who's in his ear, so the debate is irrelevant, however, we would be the weirdest (least offensive word I could think of) when it comes to the logic behind selections and promotions.

There is a comfort zone in our club which is very galling.

Chaos
25-04-13, 09:50 PM
Thats right Titanic...the coach does have the ultimate decision on selections but I'm glad Titan Pete has filled me in on who Teke was referring to.

It's in the backline where our selection decisions have been poor during the Titans existence and surely Gilly doesn't have imput here?...especially in the halves!

Now that Rogers is involved...what's his opinion of O'dwyer in the centres?

DavidBouveng
25-04-13, 10:04 PM
Thats right Titanic...the coach does have the ultimate decision on selections but I'm glad Titan Pete has filled me in on who Teke was referring to.

It's in the backline where our selection decisions have been poor during the Titans existence and surely Gilly doesn't have imput here?...especially in the halves!

Now that Rogers is involved...what's his opinion of O'dwyer in the centres?

your right mate, he shouldnt have input in the backline,

i think it is more like he just puts the ideas out there during team discussion...but the coach coach should smile, tap him on the head and say, 'your a sweet kid, but no.

but our coach i think says 'you know what, thats just so crazy it might work!'

two coaches who are ex forwards suggesting forwards should be at 5/8th and centre sounds about right...anyone got kevvie or paul greens twittergrambook addresses?

DIEHARD
26-04-13, 04:30 AM
Idris to break try-scoring drought

TOWERING Titans centre Jamal Idris is confident the points will start flowing for him soon with his best defensive form coinciding with the longest try-scoring drought of his career.

Idris has begun the year in prime form without the ball, upping his defensive input and forming a watertight right-side combination with Albert Kelly and David Mead.

But the Country centre is still searching for the killer blow in attack after failing to score a try in his last 11 NRL matches.

The longest Idris had previously gone without scoring was 10 games in 2009-10 while at the Bulldogs. He broke that streak with a double.

While Idris hasn't crossed the white line in a while, he has been contributing in other areas of the Gold Coast's attack with two try assists, two linebreak assists and 21 tackles busts.

The 112kg wrecking ball said he was thrilled with his early-season defence and the tries would come with time.

"I'm pretty happy with myself at the moment. I said to myself at the start of the season I wanted to pick that (defence) up," he said.

"It's been something I've worked on pretty hard for the past two years.

"My defence has been good so now I've got to keep running hard.

"At the end of the day, we're winning so I'm doing my job as a centre. Tries will come."

The most pleasing aspect about the 22-year-old's start to the year has been his defensive reads.

He has rarely made the wrong decision in the line and it's showing with the Titans conceding just six tries down the right side in as many matches.

After off-season hip surgery, Idris said he had confidence in running down his opposite centres with a clash against wonderkid Dane Gagai on the cards against Newcastle at Skilled Park on Sunday.

"That's something (defensive reads) I had to work on a bit as well," he said.

"I feel like I'm making the right decisions. Obviously every now and then you're going to make the wrong decision but if the outside guys know what you're doing they can help you out.

"I'm feeling a lot better laterally. Turning and running is that much easier for me.

"I'm happy to show people the outside."

After playing in the back-row and left centre against Parramatta a fortnight ago, Idris will shift back to his preferred side against Knights.

He'll partner with rookie winger Anthony Don while Mark Minichiello and Dave Taylor will form a new-look right-side back-row pairing.

Co-captain Nate Myles missed yesterday's field session with a groin complaint but will play and Idris said he expected the Titans to be targeted down their side.

"I'm going to have Anthony Don out there. He played awesome in his debut and deserves another crack," he said.

"There's not much difference. They're (Don and Mead) both great players and their workrates are up there.

"Meady's played more games but you get experience from playing which is what he's going to get.

"If they want to come at me then that's football. Both sides should be expecting traffic."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au

DIEHARD
26-04-13, 07:39 AM
Gold Coast Titans v Newcastle Knights

Skilled Park, Robina, Sunday 2pm (AEST)
Last meeting: Titans 24-14 at Hunter Stadium (round 12, 2012)
Head-to-head: Knights 5 Titans 4
Referees: Jared Maxwell, Luke Phillips.
TV: FoxSports 1 (live)
TAB Sportsbet: Titans $1.60 Knights $2.40
FootyTab: Knights +2.5

Michael Carayannis writes: Wayne Bennett’s off-season recruits were targeted to add some much-needed steel to his Knights line-up. But with Beau Scott (injured) and Jeremy Smith (suspended) Bennett will have to rely on an inexperienced second-row combination of Alex McKinnon and Robbie Rochow to take on a big Gold Coast forward packing lead by Nate Myles, Greg Bird and Dave Taylor.

The Titans did well without inform five-eighth Aiden Sezer, winning two from two while Sezer watched from the sidelines with a hamstring injury. He returns and his combination with Albert Kelly could again decide the match. Taylor also returns after a two-week ban for disciplinary reasons.

Back from ban: David Taylor of the Titans. Photo: Getty Images

Michael's tip: Titans by 14

AAP writes: It hasn't been happy trails on the road for the Knights, who have lost both their away games so far this season. They now head to the holiday strip without the two men who were meant to add starch to their pack in 2013, with Beau Scott injured and Jeremy Smith suspended.

Newcastle couldn't have picked a worse game to be short-handed up the middle, with the Titans pack bolstered by the return of Dave Taylor from a one-game stint in the Queensland Cup. With State of Origin just a month away, Taylor will have a point to prove both to the Titans and Queensland selectors.

Key: The fitness of Aidan Sezer and Albert Kelly. The Titans halves have battled injury of late, but if they can re-unite at the scrumbase, Gold Coast may return to their early-season form.

TITANS: William Zillman, Kevin Gordon, Luke O'Dwyer, Jamal Idris, Anthony Don, Aidan Sezer, Albert Kelly, Luke Douglas, Matt Srama, Nate Myles, Greg Bird, Mark Minichiello, Ashley Harrison. Interchange: David Taylor, Luke Bailey, Ryan James, Beau Falloon, Steve Michaels (one to be omitted).

KNIGHTS: Darius Boyd, James McManus, Dane Gagai, Timana Tahu, Akuila Uate, Jarrod Mullen, Tyrone Roberts, Kade Snowden, Kurt Gidley (capt), Willie Mason, Robbie Rochow, Alex McKinnon, Chris Houston. Interchange: Travis Waddell, Neville Costigan, Adam Cuthbertson, David Fa'alogo, Korbin Sims (one to be omitted).

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-match-preview/gold-coast-titans-v-newcastle-knights-20130424-2iejt.html#ixzz2RVu9jIAe

DIEHARD
26-04-13, 07:40 AM
Newcastle Knights have no regrets about letting flourishing Titan Albert Kelly go

HE'S the problem child not even Wayne Bennett could fully rehabilitate.

So there are no pangs of regret in the Newcastle camp ahead of Sunday's clash with the Gold Coast for not persevering with troubled former Sharks halfback Albert Kelly last season while he was in the lower grades at the Knights.

Sacked by Cronulla for a series of unsavoury off-field incidents, Bennett threw Kelly a lifeline so he wouldn't be completely lost to the NRL.

But a further off-field incident ended Kelly's brief flirtation with the club.

According to Knights CEO Matt Gidley, the fact he has found his feet and is resurrecting his career at the Titans is an indication Newcastle did the right thing in letting him go.

"We don't have any regrets at all. We are very happy with the halves we already have here," Gidley said. "Wayne gave Albert an opportunity because he wanted to help him out and didn't want to see him lost to the NRL.

"It didn't happen for him here but it at least has given him a platform to continue on. We are really pleased to see him do well at the Titans.

"He's obviously in a good environment on the Gold Coast and he's learnt some pretty tough lessons. He's got his life back in order by the sound of things and that was what Wayne was all about in the first place."

Knights centre Timana Tahu, who is close to Kelly, admitted the young halfback needed the change to get his life back on track.

"He was in a dark place a couple of years ago at Cronulla," he said.

"When he came here, it was more about just looking after him and having family and friendship support around him.

"Wayne didn't want to see him lost to the NRL.

"He needed a new change and the Titans have probably shown him some love. I talk to him now and then. He's loving it up there."

Meanwhile, Knights five-eighth Jarrod Mullen is considered a good chance of playing against the Titans despite undergoing knee surgery early last week.

http://www.news.com.au

DIEHARD
26-04-13, 07:41 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/935480_530391810335400_1847923211_n.jpg

Boofhead
26-04-13, 08:18 AM
Hopefully Carty comes to his senses and brings Michaels into the centres... We really need to figure out our options on left centre, it will bite us in the ass later in the year when teams target that side even more.

Julius Sezer
26-04-13, 09:31 AM
Daley Mail: Ben Ikin looks forward to Aidan Sezer's return to the Titans, tipping an upset over Newcastle

Gold Coast Titans v Newcastle Knights, Skilled Park, Sunday 2pm (EST), Fox Sports 1
The Titans lack composure without Aidan Sezer, who returns from injury for this one. He plays beyond his years and Albert Kelly will lift playing next to him. This might be too big an ask for the Knights with big-name off-season recruits Beau Scott Jeremy Smith not playing

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/daley-mail-ben-ikin-looks-forward-to-aidan-sezers-return-to-the-titans-tipping-an-upset-over-newcastle/story-e6frfkp9-1226629332301#ixzz2RWMZ9ddU

Upset!? I think both teams have an equal chance in this game.

DIEHARD
26-04-13, 09:52 AM
I am very excited to see Sezer return. He is so important to us and his impact should be on show for all to see on Sunday.

DIEHARD
26-04-13, 12:10 PM
Falloon fighting fit for Knights clash

CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO (http://www.titans.com.au/news-display/titans/73249)

iSelect Titans utility Beau Falloon is fighting fit after missing the last two rounds with appendicitis.

Falloon had to rush to hospital to have his appendix removed for fear it may burst and the resulting surgery has seen him have to spend the last fortnight on the sidelines. But Falloon says he has shaken off those concerns and is ready for the Knights.

Falloon doesnt expect the surgery to prevent him from playing at 100% capacity on Sunday with the dummy half comfortably getting through training this week.

The Titans utility is expecting an open game with both sides capable of playing an exciting brand of football.

Source: http://www.titans.com.au

DIEHARD
26-04-13, 12:12 PM
From http://www.newcastleknights.com.au

http://staticnrl.sportalhosting.com/site/_content/LeadImage/00071589-leadimage.jpg

Round 7, 2013 NRL Premiership
Sunday, April 28, 2013
NRL Kick-Off 2pm, NYC Kick-Off 11.45am
Skilled Park, Gold Coast
Referees: Jared Maxwell and Luke Phillips

| Last Time They Met |
Round 12, 2012. The Titans 24 defeated the Knights 14 at Hunter Stadium. CLICK HERE to watch the highlights of last year's Round 12 encounter.

| Head to Head |
Played 9, Knights 5, Panthers 4.

The Knights have won two of their three games played at Skilled Park.
| Team News |

Jarrod Mullen has been named in the Round 7 team despite knee surgery last week while Neville Costigan continues to manage arthritis in his knee. The tough forward had scan this week due to swelling in his knee, but is expected to take his place in the team for Sunday’s game.

Captain Kurt Gidley is on light duties after an injection in his back, as he manages an ongoing issue with his back and calf. He too is certain to play on Sunday while the Knights welcome back Dane Gagai, who has been sidelined since Round 2 with a knee injury.

Both the Knights and the Titans have named 18-man teams.

NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS
Boyd, McManus, Gagai, Tahu, Uate, Mullen, Roberts, Snowden, Gidley (c), Mason, Rochow, McKinnon, Houston.
Bench: Waddell, Costigan, Cuthbertson, Fa’alogo, Sims.

GOLD COAST TITANS
Zillman, Gordon, O’Dwyer, Idris, Don, Sezer, Kelly, Douglas, Srama, Myles, Bird, Minichello, Harrison.

Bench: Taylor, Bailey, James, Falloon, Michaels.

| Bottom Line |

The Hunter Ports Newcastle Knights will be looking to get their first win on the road after two unsuccessful away trips in the opening rounds of the 2013 competition when they travel to Skilled Park this weekend.

“Obviously we have lost two from two away and we need to get one on the board,” captain Kurt Gidley said.

“It will be a talking point until we win away, it is up to us this week to get our preparation right and make sure we do what we do well at home and take that away to the Gold Coast."

The Knights and the Titans enter the game on the same competition points and sit on the ladder in fifth and sixth respectively.

The Knights are minus some of their more experienced players in Danny Buderus (back), Beau Scott (groin) and Jeremy Smith (suspended) but remain confident in the depth at the Club.

“It is going to be testing time but I think we have the team and that Wayne (Bennett) has bought well; there is a lot of depth in our side,” centre Timana Tahu added.

While the Knights enter the game after a win in Round 6, they will be looking for a better performance following a below par game against the Panthers.

“We will take the points and move on,” coach Wayne Bennett summed up the game following their 8-6 win against Penrith.

The Titans enter the match after winning their Round 6 game also, 28-22 over the Parramatta Eels at Skilled Park and receive a significant boost with the return of four players.

Aidan Sezer, Matt Srama, Beau Falloon and David Taylor are all named to return against the Knights this week, with Taylor missing two weeks due to a Club imposed suspension.

“Anyone who takes pride in their own performance and in their team, they don’t like to get dropped from first grade and he is certainly one of those guys,” Gidley added.

“He is always a danger man Dave Taylor. He is big, strong and skilful and it is about getting a few numbers around him and not giving him too much space.”

The Knights find themselves $2.40 outsiders with Sportsbet.com.au up against the Titans who are $1.60 at home. The line is currently set at 4 points with the total match points line set at 38.5 points.

Mark Hughes is on fire and has tallied up an impressive $172 for the John Hunter Children’s Hospital after only 6 weeks of the regular season! This week the former Newcastle Knight’s great has taken the following options for the John Hunter Children’s Hospital: Total Match Points being under 38.5 points, with $40 on @ $1.90.

His next option is in the 1st Score of the Game market. Hughsey has taken the Newcastle Knights to kick a penalty as the first scoring play with a $10 bet on @ $$18. This is sponsored content. Please gamble responsibly.

FAST FACT: Akuila Uate has scored seven tries in six games against the Titans.

http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news-display/Round-7-NRL-Preview-Gold-Coast-v-Newcastle/73127

DIEHARD
26-04-13, 12:38 PM
Depth making team stronger

The Newcastle Knights hold their final training run on Saturday morning before embarking on their journey to the Gold Coast, ahead of Sunday?s Round 7 game against the Gold Coast Titans at Skilled Park.

Centre Dane Gagai, who returns to the right edge this week after recovering from an ankle injury, said the team are feeling confident ahead of Sunday?s game despite missing some of their experienced players such as Danny Buderus (back), Jeremy Smith (suspension) and Beau Scott (groin).

?It is disappointing to be without some of our experienced players but I still think we have the team to get the job done,? he said.

?When we are on our game we can beat anyone, it just comes down to who wants it more on the day.

?We have been training pretty well all week and are feeling confident.?
Since injuring his ankle in the opening minutes of the Knights Round 2 game against the Manly Sea Eagles, Gagai has been focused on returning earlier than expected.

?Being back at training this week and around the boys is a good feeling,? Gagai said.

?I was meant to be out for five to six weeks but our staff here have managed to get me back in time for Sunday?s match which was our goal when I first injured myself.

?I put everything in to rehab and made sure I did everything I could to get back after the bye.

?My ankle is feeling good and I am running at 100 per cent and going in to contact I am also tackling at 100 per cent.?

Given the depth in the squad this season, Gagai said he is grateful to have been picked in this week?s team, ahead of his Round 6 replacement Joey Leilua, who is named to play NSW Cup on Saturday.

?The greatest thing about our squad this year is our depth, it makes us better players and makes the whole team stronger,? he explained.

?It is also a benefit to have someone like Joey there because we feed off each other and are both competing for that position.

?He is pushing me just as much as I am pushing him but I am not putting too much expectation on myself for Sunday?s game.

"I am just going to go out there and do my job for the team.?

karnage
26-04-13, 01:03 PM
I don't get this backline at all:

There is plenty of confusion over the selection of O'Dwyer - he has had plenty of shots at centre and on every single occasion he has shown us on every occasion that he is not an NRL standard centre.

But why is Don in the team?? Sure he scored a try on debut, but he did nothing else. And Michaels is dropped because he was forced to fill in at centre - a position that we all know doesn't really suit his game. He's a winger, and he's a better winger than Don.

There are still questions around Srama as well - as I understand it he is still not 100% to play Sunday. Can anybody provide some more up to date details here??

Hail Sezer
26-04-13, 01:11 PM
I don't get this backline at all:

There is plenty of confusion over the selection of O'Dwyer - he has had plenty of shots at centre and on every single occasion he has shown us on every occasion that he is not an NRL standard centre.

But why is Don in the team?? Sure he scored a try on debut, but he did nothing else. And Michaels is dropped because he was forced to fill in at centre - a position that we all know doesn't really suit his game. He's a winger, and he's a better winger than Don.

There are still questions around Srama as well - as I understand it he is still not 100% to play Sunday. Can anybody provide some more up to date details here??

https://7chan.org/7ch/src/13576777529.gif

Not sure if srs?

teke
26-04-13, 01:17 PM
I don't know if Michaels is better than Don at all, much the same.

Need to piss both Michaels and Odywer out of the left centre spot that's for sure but we don't really have anyone else atm.

Traded champion for taka and have sat on the sidelines this yr :nope:

karnage
26-04-13, 07:11 PM
Michaels gets a really bad rap on here because he has spent his entire Titans career out of position, but I agree with you Teke - neither he nor O'Dwyer is good enough to be playing NRL at the position.

Our list managemnt really has been disgraceful where the centres are concerned. Taka (a converted back rower) and Idris are the only centres at the entire club?? Somebody needs to be held accountable for our semi-professional management of the playing roster.

DIEHARD
27-04-13, 06:56 AM
Gold Coast Titans' Albert Kelly not out for revenge against former club Newcastle Knights

TITANS coach John Cartwright says halfback Albert Kelly won't be trying to impress his former club when he tackles Newcastle for the first time at Skilled Park tomorrow.

Kelly joined the Knights after being shown the door by Cronulla last year but was sacked in quick time following a minor misdemeanour.

It allowed him to join the Gold Coast, where his ailing career has since flourished.

But Cartwright said his No.7 held no ill-feelings towards the Wayne Bennett-coached Knights and won't be trying to show them what they let go.

"He's put the past behind him and is in such a good place," Cartwright said.

"Sometimes everything comes together. You're happy, your form's good and the team's going well. That's where he is.

"He definitely doesn't harbour any discontent or anything like that; he's more worried about doing well for himself and the team. He just wants to enjoy his footy."

Kelly will be buoyed by the return of five-eighth Aidan Sezer, who will assume organising and kicking duties.

"It'll take a bit of the pressure off the long kicking," Cartwright said of Sezer's return. "Short kicking tends to be more instinctive but Aidan likes to dominate the long kicking."

Prop Nate Myles will have his first field training session of the week this morning as he battles a groin complaint.

Cartwright said he expected Myles to play but the injury would have to be managed with a gruelling Origin campaign approaching.

"It's not often he goes into a game 100 per cent. He should be right after having Thursday off," he said.

"He definitely doesn't like missing games but he's got a busy period coming up and we'll have to nurse him the best we can. He's had a groin problem the last couple of weeks. It's not bad. It's just nagging."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/

DIEHARD
27-04-13, 11:07 AM
Really hoping I can attend tomorrow. Got to finish off this assignment on statistics for my masters. I'd hate to miss it but I really need to start putting myself first, which I never do. At least it'll be motivation. It being a 2pm game doesnt help me.

DIEHARD
27-04-13, 04:05 PM
http://staticnrl.sportalhosting.com/site/_content/LeadImage/00071720-leadimage.jpg

The Newcastle Knights will hold a 'Fan Event' for their Members and supporters following Sunday?s game on the Gold Coast.

The team will assemble at the Sofitel Hotel, Broadbeach, from 5.30pm for approximately one hour.

Members and fans are invited along to meet the players, have their merchandise signed, get a photo with their favourite player and mingle with fellow Knights supporters.

?It is fantastic we have been able to arrange for our Members and supporters an opportunity to meet the team while we are on the Gold Coast,? CEO Matt Gidley said.

?We look forward to seeing you all after the game!?

DATE: Sunday April 28
TIME: 5.30pm (for approximately one hour)
VENUE: Sorrento Room, Sofitel Hotel, Broadbeach

Please note: No catering is supplied.

DavidBouveng
27-04-13, 04:18 PM
Really hoping I can attend tomorrow. Got to finish off this assignment on statistics for my masters. I'd hate to miss it but I really need to start putting myself first, which I never do. At least it'll be motivation. It being a 2pm game doesnt help me.

my analysis shows theres 23% chance you make it to the game.

Hail Sezer
27-04-13, 04:20 PM
my analysis shows theres 23% chance you make it to the game.

My analysis says that you're correct 100% of the time, 40% of the time

DIEHARD
27-04-13, 04:29 PM
Knights finalise 17 for Gold Coast

Newcastle Knights forward Neville Costigan drops off an extended bench for Sunday's Round 7 clash against the Gold Coast Titans due to injury.

Costigan aggravated an issue with his knee during training and will be replaced by Korbin Sims, who was named in number 18.

The Knights are otherwise unchanged, with Jarrod Mullen (knee) and Kurt Gidley (back) both getting through the final session to take their place in the team.

The Knights travel to the Gold Coast on Saturday afternoon before Sunday's game at Skilled Park.

TITAN PETE
28-04-13, 08:56 AM
Game day & it's a beautiful morning here on the Coast :banana:

If u are lucky or unlucky enough to be sitting in the Eastern Stand bring your sunscreen :D , yes Shamus I'm talking about you :laugh:

shamus
28-04-13, 09:35 AM
Game day & it's a beautiful morning here on the Coast :banana:

If u are lucky or unlucky enough to be sitting in the Eastern Stand bring your sunscreen :D , yes Shamus I'm talking about you :laugh:

I can see the smile on your face whenever the sun is shining and we have an arvo game....ba$tard :fist:

DIEHARD
28-04-13, 10:48 AM
Looks like I'll be watching on TV. Feels like detention on Christmas.

Hail Sezer
28-04-13, 10:50 AM
Looks like I'll be watching on TV. Feels like detention on Christmas.

Are you still doing that paper mate?

Funny how you're doing your masters and I'm struggling with a first year stats paper. Math has never been my strong point :laugh:

DIEHARD
28-04-13, 11:22 AM
Knights won?t coast against Titans: Rochow

It?s music to Knights fans? ears: after an impressive start to the season that has the Novocastrians sitting in fifth place and riding a wave of confidence, Wayne Bennett?s men insist they are warming to something special.

In a warning shot across the Titans? bow before their clash this week, forward Robbie Rochow ? who meets his sister?s boyfriend, Greg Bird, in the match against the Gold Coast ? reveals his Knights are focused on climbing higher following victories against the Tigers, Cowboys, Raiders and Panthers in the first six weeks of the competition.

"Four-and-two isn?t a bad start to the season but as a team I don?t think we?ve been performing," Rochow, who has played the full 80 minutes in his past four matches, tells NRL.com.

"Even though we?ve come away with a few wins, I still feel like as a team we?ve got so much more to give than what we?re showing.

"That?s the good thing about it being so early on in the season that hopefully come towards to end of the season we?ll be performing much more consistently.

"That?s the goal at the moment ? to get that in order and hopefully we?ll be up there in the top four or top eight at the end of the season.?

A versatile back- or front-rower, 22-year-old Rochow is averaging more than 30 tackles and 100 metres gained per match for the Knights this season. Despite recently cementing his place in Newcastle?s starting 13, he maintains he?s only scratching the surface of his own potential ? and despite self-imposed limitations.

"There are a lot of areas [I can improve on] ? the problem is trying to narrow it down to one each week because you can?t improve on everything,? Rochow says.

"My role?s pretty simple and [coach Bennett] knows what I do well. He just wants me to play as a middle forward even though I?m playing on the edge at the moment because of a few injuries ? I still play like a middle forward on the edge ? and defend how my edge needs me to. I?m a bit of a worker? get some carries up and be solid in 'D' and really tighten things up for the team.

"I?m not trying to be a ball-playing back-rower, I?m just trying to get a bit more skill in my game and wait for it to become more natural for me before I bring it into my game on the weekend."

Remarkably, the East Maitland Griffins junior had to head south for his initial opportunity ? he linked with Melbourne from 2009-11 ? after being overlooked by the Knights scouts as a teenager - but now he?s back home, he?s happier than ever.

"I played SG Ball for the Knights but only half-a-dozen players made it through to the -20s squad and I wasn?t selected for that,? Rochow, a part of the Storm?s 2009 Under-20s title triumph, says.

"I was playing for Kurri and out of nowhere I got an offer to go down and play for the Storm for two years, so as soon as I finished school I went to Melbourne and played a full year of under 20s and had a pre-season of first grade and got another deal and stayed for a bit. I was lucky to get the opportunity but it made all the difference.

"I ended up making some really good mates and I had the opportunity to play under some really good coaches in Brad Arthur and Michael Maguire and Stephen Kearney ? all those sorts of guys before I even got to Bellamy!

"I was lucky in that sense and I think working with Brad Arthur and those sorts of coaches early on has made all the difference for me playing NRL right now."

After two first-grade matches for the Storm across the 2010 and 2011 seasons, Rochow?s former club came knocking, and the opportunity to return home and play for the team he supported as a kid ? and under the game?s most credentialed coach Wayne Bennett ? proved irresistible.

"I supported the Knights growing up, yeah ? I remember watching the 1997 grand final and the 2001 grand final," Rochow says. "We used to go to the games with Dad and stuff like that ? it?s great to be back in Newcastle and playing for the team I grew up supporting. To be a part of it, I feel pretty humbled to be given the opportunity.

"It?s pretty surreal sometimes, when you run out with Danny Buderus and Timana Tahu ? blokes I used to watch play 10 years ago ? it is? not daunting? but it is a great thing for me to do and something I hope to do as long as I can with this playing group we?ve got at the moment. I?m just trying to cherish every week and play the best I can for this team."

On Sunday Rochow and his teammates come up against an improved Gold Coast line-up that will once again test the Knights? premiership credentials. For Rochow there?s even more at stake, facing his sister Becky?s boyfriend Bird, who has publically said the Knight is in for "a lot of special treatment".

"They?ve got a strong forward pack and that?s their main strength ? they?ve got a lot of experience in their forwards," Rochow, who has not yet played the Titans at NRL level, says.

"I haven?t played against [Bird] before so it?s not playing on my mind or anything.

"I know Birdy well enough now and I?ve watched him enough to know what to expect from him on the field. It?s not troubling me at all, but I think my sister might be a bit worried. I don?t know who she?s worried for, though!

"I think my sister?s been talking to my parents and asking them who they?re going for ? but I think my parents have definitely settled ties with me."

http://www.nrl.com/

Hail Sezer
28-04-13, 11:56 AM
u20s down 6-0 after 14 minutes

lonegull
28-04-13, 12:06 PM
Our under 20's are in for a long season, just watching the knights game it looks as though they are poorly coached, they haven't got nothing in attack and are just one off the ruck. I don't like criticising the juniors but watching today's game nothing has changed for the last season

Hail Sezer
28-04-13, 12:12 PM
Our under 20's are in for a long season, just watching the knights game it looks as though they are poorly coached, they haven't got nothing in attack and are just one off the ruck. I don't like criticising the juniors but watching today's game nothing has changed for the last season

Yeah it's not pretty.

Hymel Hunt scores from a short ball

K2G
28-04-13, 12:15 PM
Very simple try to hunt. He looks like a strong runner though. Would love to see him in some space

Noddy is giving it to the coaching of our u20's from the commentators box. pretty spot on.

Hail Sezer
28-04-13, 12:18 PM
After the commentators have fairly identified our best plan as "get the ball to Hunt", Hymel scores

K2G
28-04-13, 12:18 PM
good hands on the catch, good step, strong drive ... second try to hunt

lonegull
28-04-13, 12:22 PM
Is it just me or does beddow stand to deep at first receiver

Hail Sezer
28-04-13, 12:23 PM
Is it just me or does beddow stand to deep at first receiver

Either he is too deep or everyone else is too flat.

I think he may be a little deep, haha

lonegull
28-04-13, 12:30 PM
One thing to credit is the scrambling defence by the titans it has kept them in the game. Just need to improve the last tackle kicking and we are a big chance here against the knights plus I think the weather has taking a bit if a toll on the knights players

mdrew
28-04-13, 12:50 PM
Unbelievably bad, we have been the embarassment of the NYC for a couple of years now, this is even more proof. Well Titans, what are you going to do? Stick your heads in the sand as usual.

lonegull
28-04-13, 12:55 PM
Unbelievably bad, we have been the embarassment of the NYC for a couple of years now, this is even more proof. Well Titans, what are you going to do? Stick your heads in the sand as usual.

Agree mdrew, dan killian has come on for the knights and been great why did he leave.
Mdrew hopefully there are a few 18s that can play

Boofhead
28-04-13, 12:57 PM
Kev has been ruled out, Michaels in.

lonegull
28-04-13, 12:57 PM
I still can't work out why elgey and beddow stand so far back from the play the ball know the commentators have picked up on it. We have no attack what do ever

DIEHARD
28-04-13, 01:04 PM
Kev has been ruled out, Michaels in.

Ah bad news. Hope Kev is ok.

mdrew
28-04-13, 01:16 PM
We have to keep them though, look through the Roosters NYC and you will see a heap that played for us at one stage. What a joke, but the Titans management will let the same people be in charge of junior development, unbelievably bad

Agree mdrew, dan killian has come on for the knights and been great why did he leave.
Mdrew hopefully there are a few 18s that can play

DIEHARD
28-04-13, 01:55 PM
To make matters worse I got to turn off the TV and internet, so can't join you on live comments of the game. Ill watch a replay and join the conversation later tonight.

Go Titans! We got this.

Hail Sezer
28-04-13, 02:04 PM
Don has gone and got a haircut, KG should follow suit lol

Titanic
28-04-13, 02:12 PM
Hi from St' Louis

Julius Sezer
28-04-13, 02:16 PM
love Kelly's commitment

Julius Sezer
28-04-13, 02:18 PM
Don you beauty!

Hail Sezer
28-04-13, 02:18 PM
Srama injured already?

Hail Sezer
28-04-13, 02:20 PM
I hope we keep kicking for Don. He's got mad hops

Julius Sezer
28-04-13, 02:20 PM
speckie from Sezer that was?

EDIT: DON?

Titanic
28-04-13, 02:26 PM
O'Dwyer a waste of space again

DavidBouveng
28-04-13, 02:28 PM
Is it me or is Ben ikin's bias for his father-in-laws team obvious?

Titanic
28-04-13, 02:32 PM
he's terrible

Hail Sezer
28-04-13, 02:34 PM
Luke Odwyer broken Jaw.

Srama has dislocated his finger badly.

Newcastle Knights Fan
28-04-13, 02:35 PM
Quiet game so far. Newcastles big game players will prove to be too much though in my unbiased opinion.

Hail Sezer
28-04-13, 02:37 PM
1 reserve for 60 minutes.

Oh lord.

Newcastle Knights Fan
28-04-13, 02:38 PM
Kurt Gidley is a top 5 player in the game and his class will shine through sooner rather than later I would say.

Titanic
28-04-13, 02:39 PM
the warriors wanka is back

Newcastle Knights Fan
28-04-13, 02:40 PM
You guys have been really unlucky with your injuries so far.

Hail Sezer
28-04-13, 02:42 PM
I'm confused, where is Kelly playing?

Newcastle Knights Fan
28-04-13, 02:43 PM
How good is big Willie Mason??

Newcastle Knights Fan
28-04-13, 02:47 PM
TIMANA TAHU!!!! He still has some serious wheels!!!!

Titanic
28-04-13, 02:48 PM
mods ... as long as we have this wanka on here you can forget me

Smakked
28-04-13, 02:48 PM
SO we have Kelly playing center and Bird 5/8 WTF, ****in bull****

Newcastle Knights Fan
28-04-13, 02:50 PM
mods ... as long as we have this wanka on here you can forget me

What a sook. Fine, I will leave.

Hail Sezer
28-04-13, 02:50 PM
SO we have Kelly playing center and Bird 5/8 WTF, ****in bull****

Yeah I don't see what's going on here or who is playing where

titanfan1980
28-04-13, 02:51 PM
That penalty on Ryan James for a high shot was ludachris!! It was barely a love tap

DavidBouveng
28-04-13, 02:51 PM
Yeah three Injuries had simple solutions.

No reason for halves to be shifted AT ALL

teke
28-04-13, 02:52 PM
Titans sticking in this game well so far.

A few blokes standing up and having a good go, zilly and Taylor among them

Hail Sezer
28-04-13, 02:53 PM
Good play Idris, good positioning Don

titanfan1980
28-04-13, 02:53 PM
This ref is letting them lie on us all day!

Newcastle Knights Fan
28-04-13, 02:55 PM
You guys have found a great young player in Kelly. He is better than Mullen I think.

gotitans101_
28-04-13, 02:56 PM
Kelly shifts out of the halves for Bird? Really?

DavidBouveng
28-04-13, 02:57 PM
Yeah they holding and flopping all day it's redic.

Gonna take an all time second half to win this bad boy. Idris and Taylor look most likely to create something right now.

Toads
28-04-13, 03:05 PM
The Lads have done well in the first half, all things considered. It's a bugga to see the reshuffle again due to the injuries.

Hope our Lads can hold in there for the second half. They've gotta dig deep to hold this Knights pack out though.

Newcastle Knights Fan
28-04-13, 03:07 PM
You guys need to find a way to slow down big Willie. The best prop in the game.

Hail Sezer
28-04-13, 03:11 PM
Onya Alby, back yaself

DavidBouveng
28-04-13, 03:14 PM
Ikin is a mess. Singo would sack him!

If it was racing there would have to be an inquiry to. Not giving the team it's best chance to win with bone head player shuffles.

titanfan1980
28-04-13, 03:15 PM
The coach is killing us... Whhhhhhhhhhy!! Does he persist with Steve Micheals???

teke
Uate touched that, motha....

Boofhead

Haha.

Smakked
28-04-13, 03:16 PM
Well time to look for a new coach after this ****in debacle, why the **** would you move the halves around FFS.

Peej
28-04-13, 03:18 PM
Kelly!! So good

Hail Sezer
28-04-13, 03:18 PM
You've gotta love Alby..

thelwall
28-04-13, 03:19 PM
Alby is god michaels is hopeless

teke
28-04-13, 03:24 PM
Well time to look for a new coach after this ****in debacle, why the **** would you move the halves around FFS.Not proven that the coach put bird in the halves

Hail Sezer
28-04-13, 03:26 PM
Ahh Jamal come on, what was that..

titanfan1980
28-04-13, 03:29 PM
Not proven that the coach put bird in the halves

.... Well who put him there then? Blaze the mascot?

Hail Sezer
28-04-13, 03:30 PM
.... Well who put him there then? Blaze the mascot?

Maybe another person who assists the coach somewhat.

Or the giraffe mascot.

titanfan1980
28-04-13, 03:34 PM
Awwww come on zillman! Your suppose to be a leader!

Hail Sezer
That was ****ing appalling

Newcastle Knights Fan
McManus is all class.

Smakked
Keep it under a 30 point loss boys

Hail Sezer
28-04-13, 03:35 PM
Awwww come on zillman! Your suppose to be a leader!

he is the leader..of the error count

Peej
Zillman. Surrender tackle and then loses the ball

titanfan1980
he is the leader..of the error count

Hahaha... And gee that try was horrendous!

teke
28-04-13, 03:40 PM
Can ikin zip his mouth

lonegull
28-04-13, 03:50 PM
Can ikin zip his mouth

I will never watch another game when he is commentating, he is that biased and all he talks about is being Wayne Bennett son in law, he hasn't had one good thing to say about the titans

gotitans101_
28-04-13, 03:56 PM
Not really surprised by the result given all the injuries we had early in the first half. On to next week now V Warriors in NZ - Irwin to get another shot but what to do about our outside backs where we are seriously lacking some depth. :(

mdrew
28-04-13, 03:59 PM
Hymel Hunt please!

Not really surprised by the result given all the injuries we had early in the first half. On to next week now V Warriors in NZ - Irwin to get another shot but what to do about our outside backs where we are seriously lacking some depth. :(

Titanic Believer
28-04-13, 04:00 PM
up in Gladstone working. Sounds like it was a good game to miss. Do we have the excuse of injuries? or have we slipped back into bad habits?

Hail Sezer
28-04-13, 04:00 PM
Hymel Hunt please!

Is Takairangi going to be back for the warriors clash?

Hail Sezer
28-04-13, 04:01 PM
up in Gladstone working. Sounds like it was a good game to miss. Do we have the excuse of injuries? or have we slipped back into bad habits?

We played with 1 reserve for 65 minutes

Injuries hurt us

gotitans101_
28-04-13, 04:04 PM
Is Takairangi going to be back for the warriors clash?

Not sure but I see shades of Beau Champion already. Even if he's named to play you'd worry he'd just injure himself again on the first game back like he did against the Broncos. :ugh:

psmitty
28-04-13, 04:04 PM
Other the Idris we need a new 1-5. Just garbage!

gotitans101_
28-04-13, 04:06 PM
Yeah Idris played really well, racked up a healthy total on Supercoach too. :) Sezer on the other hand :ugh: . But that's unusual for him so he'll bounce back no doubt.

Hail Sezer
28-04-13, 04:07 PM
If Taka is still out, Hunt or Dowling coming in must be inevitable?

Julius Sezer
28-04-13, 04:08 PM
i've got no words to describe the match

DavidBouveng
28-04-13, 04:10 PM
We could have izzy folau and inglis in the centres, but if bird NEVER passes outside what is the point.
Dave Taylor went without every single time it came across.

There was good grit shown considering the injuries, but the areas we need to address were exposed again.

lonegull
28-04-13, 04:11 PM
Pretty tough game with only 1 reserve,so can't really rubbish any player to much as the whole team was disrupted, idris was good and so was the bull, sezer just lacked having some one out side him running good lines,he seemed to get caught with the ball to much

Smakked
28-04-13, 04:20 PM
I am the only one that thinks pushing Kelly out to center and Bird to 5/8 the dumbest coaching decision ever?

TITAN PETE
28-04-13, 04:35 PM

That is the funniest thing I have ever heard , Mason will be watching State of Origin from his lounge room like the rest of us

TITAN PETE
28-04-13, 04:39 PM
Injuries murdered us , losing Chalky,Harro & Srama in the 1st nine minutes gives any team no chance but putting your halfback into the Centres instead of someone like Taylor was a joke.

Bird was the best player in the field but when u get flogged like that no cares.

teke
28-04-13, 04:53 PM
We could have izzy folau and inglis in the centres, but if bird NEVER passes outside what is the point.
Dave Taylor went without every single time it came across.
.He a back line killer most of the time when he stands out wide and runs even wider without letting it go.

Titans back line is in shambles now.

K2G
28-04-13, 05:13 PM
He a back line killer most of the time when he stands out wide and runs even wider without letting it go.

Titans back line is in shambles now.

Our outside backs stocks have been shallow since before round 1 ...

Hymel hunt to come in if Takairangi isn't fit (better than having O'Dwyer there anyway), Steve Michaels to keep his wing if Gordon's still not back (which should keep a few people here happy who seem to think Michaels goes alright :fist: )

It aint pretty, but its no worse than the shambles we've had for the last 5 or 6 games.

I'm actually looking forward to some forced changes. It's the only way we're going to improve in those positions.

If it were up to me.. Zillman to center, Barba to fullback next week.

hammer
28-04-13, 05:16 PM
Difficult to make any impact with only 14 players for almost 70 minutes...Harrison and Srama generally make big tackle totals which also would have hurt. I thought we never gave up but fatigue greatly assists in creating errors and poor reads in defence.

Our depth will be greatly tested in the next few weeks.

Coaster
28-04-13, 05:24 PM
I am the only one that thinks pushing Kelly out to center and Bird to 5/8 the dumbest coaching decision ever?

No your not alone mate.

Completely changed our structure.

TITAN PETE
28-04-13, 05:38 PM
Knights thump injury-laden Titans in NRL
By Wayne Heming
AAP
Sun 28th April,

Dave Gagai gets around Luke O'Dwyer in Newcastle's 30-6 win over Gold Coast
Gold Coast sustained some serious damage on the scoreboard and in the injury department as Newcastle logged their first away win of the NRL season at Skilled Park on Sunday.

Coming back from a 6-0 halftime deficit was always going to be tough for the Titans who lost lock Ashley Harrison (ankle), hooker Matt Srama (hand) and utility Luke O'Dwyer (broken jaw) in the first 10 minutes of the 30-6 loss.

The serious string of injuries reduced Gold Coast to just 14 players after coach John Cartwright had already been forced to make a pre-game change on the left wing with Steve Michaels replacing Kevin Gordon (hamstring).

And when Knights interchange forward David Fa'alogo picked up the scraps after a mid-air collision in the 44th minute following a Jarrod Mullen bomb, the visitors looked well placed to go right on with the job at 12-0.

The depleted Titans rallied briefly with halfback Albert Kelly sprinting 35 metres to score in the 48th minute after replacement hooker Beau Falloon skipped out of dummy half and put William Zillman into a hole.

But the comeback proved short lived.

Knights winger James McManus, who suffered a head cut during the physical encounter, found his way across the try line twice in five minutes to push the margin out to 24-6 after 64 minutes to effectively seal the result.

Harrison could be in doubt for the first State of Origin match in Sydney on June 5 with similar ankle injuries requiring four to six weeks to heal.

Medical staff initially called for a stretcher after he was crunched in a three-man tackle by Travis Waddell, Alex McKinnon and Kade Snowden but he was able to walk off the field following treatment.

Srama might have suffered a compound finger fracture.

O'Dwyer, the last of the trio to exit the game in the first half, walked to the sideline with blood streaming from his mouth.

The injuries threw the Titans game plans out the window with back-up hooker Falloon called on to play 70 minutes just 10 days after having his appendix removed.

Halfback Kelly was switched into the centres and out-of-favour forward Dave Taylor found himself called on to play without a break.

Newcastle, who'd dropped their previous three games on the road this season, made their intentions clear early with some big defensive hits and aggressive charges.

Bullocking winger Aquila Uate finished off the five-try rout with his eighth touchdown of the season in the 75th minute.

"The injuries made it hard but the boys never gave up. We can take some positives from that," said co-captain Greg Bird.

psmitty
28-04-13, 05:44 PM
We don't have a Nrl quality backline let alone a premiership winning backline. We have major problems in our backline with no real game changers just a group of average players. There is a lot of arguments on here about Michaels, Hunt, Gordon, Odare and every other possible option. We need to face it that weather it's our first string backline or the others they are at best average.

hammer
28-04-13, 06:00 PM
We don't have a Nrl quality backline let alone a premiership winning backline. We have major problems in our backline with no real game changers just a group of average players. There is a lot of arguments on here about Michaels, Hunt, Gordon, Odare and every other possible option. We need to face it that weather it's our first string backline or the others they are at best average.

Not sure I totally agree with you there but I do believe there is some element of truth...as harsh as it may seem.

What I believe is in our favour is that we have youth in our backline and this will take time.

The downside in my opinion is we don't appear to have someone apart from Idris with some aggressive mongrel about them...like Foran or Reynolds from the Bulldogs.

Coaster
28-04-13, 06:02 PM
I don't buy it.
The reason they are average is because they are not improving. They all have skills and commitment.

Our center (backrower) went off injured.

Instead of replacing him with another backrower.
We moved our halfback to Center
Our Lock to 5/8
Our 5/8 to halfback

Please f**king explain that thought process

Coaster
28-04-13, 06:20 PM
Matty's finger

http://twitter.com/travismeyn/status/328422903416750080/photo/1

Hail Sezer
28-04-13, 06:23 PM
Marty's finger

Please add a NSFW tag to that post

gross

TITAN PETE
28-04-13, 06:23 PM
Marty's finger

Is that Mattys brother

So that was bone I saw when he walked past us

hammer
28-04-13, 06:30 PM
Marty's finger

Ouch!

Coaster
28-04-13, 06:34 PM
Is that Mattys brother

So that was bone I saw when he walked past us

Stupid phone.

Yeah it was haha. I hate it. Worse injury.

Btw what is a NSFW ?

Geeman
28-04-13, 06:37 PM
Btw what is a NSFW ?

Not Suitable For Work - Usually used for other types of pictures... :thumbsup:

Boofhead
28-04-13, 06:37 PM
Stupid phone.

Yeah it was haha. I hate it. Worse injury.

Btw what is a NSFW ?

Not Safe For Work.

Holy **** man, that would of been some painful ****.

Toads
28-04-13, 06:42 PM
Matty will be back next week, just tape that ****er to the next one.. :thumbsup:

Julius Sezer
28-04-13, 06:44 PM
Why is Kelly the replacement cover for anyone in the backline that gets injured?

karnage
28-04-13, 07:32 PM

I don't buy it.
The reason they are average is because they are not improving. They all have skills and commitment.

Our center (backrower) went off injured.

Instead of replacing him with another backrower.
We moved our halfback to Center
Our Lock to 5/8
Our 5/8 to halfback

Please f**king explain that thought process

Finally some Titans supporters getting angry about the absolute rubbish that has set in at our football club. Nothing ever changes. Wayne Bennett could have watched tape from 2008 in preparation for todays game - sure the playing personnel is different but the game plan, the structure, the pathetic fullback play, the silly penalties in the ruck are all the same.

As a club we are going nowhere. Our backline is a joke and it won't get better anytime soon. We have Zillman signed for too long and there is talk that we will actually resign Bailey and O'Dwyer. Ridiculous!!

As for recruits, it is hard to imagine that anybody will come here to play in the backs so long as Cartwright's suffocating game plan is in place. Supporters need to ditch the excuses that are constantly being put up for our atrocious on field performances and start asking some hard questions of the CEO who too often dances around the real issues.

I'm sick of it all, but most of all I'm sick of supporters sticking up for Cartwright and the pathetic job he is doing.

Sezar and Kelly were good again today which makes it all the worse, knowing that we are going to have to sit in the stands and watch as their talent and future is squandered.

Mexican titan
28-04-13, 07:37 PM
Interesting to read all the thoughts about todays game. I accept that the injuries would have taken a toll but we showed nothing the whole game. Srama was generally covered by Falloon and we had forward back up for Harro. Why the shuffle for O'Dywer I am at a loss like others have said.
However we still had a class pack of forwards (on paper) and they gave nothing. There was very little go forward and Newcastle were gaining far more metres each set of 6 than us. That was from the start and not just when the injury toll started to take effect.
The performance reminded me of the last two years which I thought we had put behind us. I have not been on Carty's back like others but that was a flat and mystifying performance. To solely blame the injuries today is looking for a cheap way out.

Tamwelg
28-04-13, 07:44 PM
As a forwards coach Carty is good... That is all. Good night.

Titanic Believer
28-04-13, 08:03 PM
I don't have a good knowledge of what it takes to be a coach. I have spent many years following league but never played it. I too am perplexed. If we compare last years performances and the early rounds this year the difference is the 7. 6 combination Kelly and Sezer. Why would that be disrupted. A second rower was filling in at centre he gets injured, put in another second rower Bird. He stands in the centres anyway? Why upset defensive patterns as well as attack? I can't recall winning a game when Bird was 5/8 have we? Looking at the stats some of our forwards seem to have done a mass of work and our backs seem to have done very little?

DavidBouveng
28-04-13, 08:11 PM
Yeah having a forward like Taylor or bird out there, u could have even rotated them plus mini in the centre spot to give then a break from the middle.

But it's just baffling, but its a trend. We have made silly shuffles in 2 or 3 games this year PLUS the silly shuffling pre game like harro to hooker.

I think the term is Aces in their Places, but its not one our coach has heard.

Lastly, we will not hear this publicly, which is a good thing IMO, but I honestly believe David May is pretty astute and wants the best for our club. the coaching issues won't be lost on him.

Mexican titan
28-04-13, 08:14 PM
Lastly, we will not hear this publicly, which is a good thing IMO, but I honestly believe David May is pretty astute and wants the best for our club. the coaching issues won't be lost on him.

Neither will the fact that the coach was locked in to a 5 year contract the year before he arrived.:doh:

Newcastle Knights Fan
28-04-13, 08:17 PM
Good game Titans fans.

You guys have a great forward pack but yeah our backs had it over you. Our backline with Tahu, Boyd, McManus, Uate and Gagai was just too strong. Feeling good about my chances moving in with one of the forwards.

You guys need to go back to the drawing board and purchase some decent backs for next season. Zillman is rubbish but Kelly is a gem. Just need some decent outside backs but you guys have been unlucky with injury.

DavidBouveng
28-04-13, 08:25 PM
Neither will the fact that the coach was locked in to a 5 year contract the year before he arrived.:doh:

I thought the 5 year plan was done in 2010 or 2009? When we were struggling ? Maybe it was a 5 year extension beginning 2011.

Mexican titan
28-04-13, 08:32 PM
I thought the 5 year plan was done in 2010 or 2009? When we were struggling ? Maybe it was a 5 year extension beginning 2011.

Just checked DB. Carty's contract expires at the end of the 2016 season.
He signed the 5 year extension just before the 2011 season started and the 5 years was to take effect from the start of the 2012 season.

DavidBouveng
28-04-13, 08:45 PM
Just checked DB. Carty's contract expires at the end of the 2016 season.
He signed the 5 year extension just before the 2011 season started and the 5 years was to take effect from the start of the 2012 season.

Dang. I think we both wish I was right lol.

Overs / unders on what year he will last until? He's very lucky we aren't a sydney team, or it wouldn't just be a small forum asking questions.

Mexican titan
28-04-13, 08:58 PM
Dang. I think we both wish I was right lol.

Overs / unders on what year he will last until? He's very lucky we aren't a sydney team, or it wouldn't just be a small forum asking questions.

I have really tried to stay out of this "sack Cartwright" stuff as I thought he should be given a go after the way he started. However the last couple of years he has coached a terribly boring style of play and with the new guys coming in I hoped this year would be different. The first few rounds were promising but today the last two years came flooding back.
I watch Manly, Storm etc all put on attacking moves but never see the Titans have a move. We either rely on kicks or hope players fall off tackles to score. For example the Storm scored a try recently against Brisbane where the Storm prop held Thaiday in the scrum as it broke up creating space for an attack right next to the scrum. Against the rules, yes, but shows a coach that thinks - when have the Titans put any sort of special play on.
As I said I have stayed out of the Cartwright debate and lets face it we are still 4 and 3. But today was not a good sign.

thelwall
28-04-13, 09:13 PM
im going to cry if michaels is picked again - does he know how to catch a high ball Jesus christ

DavidBouveng
28-04-13, 09:40 PM
Lost in all this is that mini did well today and showed that he deserves to be in our 17. With injuries and origin, he'll be in the team for months.

Well played mini.

Smakked
28-04-13, 09:58 PM
Lost in all this is that mini did well today and showed that he deserves to be in our 17. With injuries and origin, he'll be in the team for months.

Well played mini.

Yeah i agree, tried hard and ran hard.

Julius Sezer
28-04-13, 10:15 PM
sorry but that was just appalling. I have lost faith tbh. Unless we sack Carty we have no hope. Attacking structure is so poor. Backline have got nothing. We cant we get a lot of decoys runners in small amount of space like other clubs do? It's not that bloody hard to do.

Bayside Titan
28-04-13, 11:03 PM
I have really tried to stay out of this "sack Cartwright" stuff as I thought he should be given a go after the way he started. However the last couple of years he has coached a terribly boring style of play and with the new guys coming in I hoped this year would be different. The first few rounds were promising but today the last two years came flooding back.
I watch Manly, Storm etc all put on attacking moves but never see the Titans have a move. We either rely on kicks or hope players fall off tackles to score. For example the Storm scored a try recently against Brisbane where the Storm prop held Thaiday in the scrum as it broke up creating space for an attack right next to the scrum. Against the rules, yes, but shows a coach that thinks - when have the Titans put any sort of special play on.
As I said I have stayed out of the Cartwright debate and lets face it we are still 4 and 3. But today was not a good sign.
I read today that Terry Mattherson is looking for a first grade coaching gig. We have nothing to loose.

Titanic
28-04-13, 11:16 PM
If we are going to allow the troll on here I will never login again ... it's bad enough having to watch the crap we turned on yesterday but having to put up with that ... no I will not. Mods please help.

As for the game ... woeful. The forwards looked disinterested, the backs looked incapable and the coaching was diabolical ... we all know what's wrong but who is ever going to address it?

Ryan was terrible and although this may not be popular he IS a cheap shot merchant ... lumbers around the field flopping, holding, mouthing off, rarely passes and never is first man in. Michaels is not a wing, he's not an first grade player either but he is definitely not a wing. Kelly is not a centre FMD. Don went alright. Idris went alright. Zillman WTF. Minichiello was patchy but the old errors were there again. Bird passes in every rep game he plays so the passing issue is not his ability, imho.

Smakked
28-04-13, 11:59 PM
Bird passes in every rep game he plays so the passing issue is not his ability, imho.

That stood out and is true, maybe he is told not to , maybe he doesnt trust others to keep hold of it, **** knows really .

DIEHARD
29-04-13, 12:17 AM
Guys just watched the game and what a cluster**** that was. Such a terrible injury toll, but that was just the half of it.

I agree with most that has been said... Id elaborate but seeing poor Matty's finger has just really unsettled me. It'll give me nightmares. Some one hold me.

K2G
29-04-13, 12:42 AM
Ryan was terrible and although this may not be popular he IS a cheap shot merchant ... lumbers around the field flopping, holding, mouthing off, rarely passes and never is first man in.

I agree with everything in your post except this titanic. Harsh call, and i go the opposite way and think we need more of his mongrel in our squad. He is close to our most ferocious enforcer (that's why he's never first in... they wont run at him) and will be the cornerstone of our pack in years to come. Happy to disagree with ya, as i enjoy watching his game develop immensely.

My over-riding sentiment after today's game, really was sympathy for our entire playing group. Even Michaels and Zillman, both of whom i usually have little sympathy for after a loss. You just couldn't blame any of them for individual efforts... a series of unfortunate circumstances, compiled by mismanagement of absurd proportions.

Whatever we've got in the war chest, throw it at Kevie Walters.. we need a coach more than a center, fullback, new jersey or pom-pom colors.

titanfan1980
29-04-13, 06:55 AM
I agree with everything in your post except this titanic. Harsh call, and i go the opposite way and think we need more of his mongrel in our squad. He is close to our most ferocious enforcer (that's why he's never first in... they wont run at him) and will be the cornerstone of our pack in years to come. Happy to disagree with ya, as i enjoy watching his game develop immensely.

I agree, that penalty he got for the high shot was ****ing terrible he barley touched him. If other players in our squad had a go as much as him and bird we'd go a lot better.. I mean can you imagine a Dave Taylor with that mentality.. A Dave Taylor who wanted to run over and smash blokes in defence? Sam burgess is a perfect example of what can happen when talent meets aggression

Toads
29-04-13, 08:27 AM
Whatever we've got in the war chest, throw it at Kevie Walters.. we need a coach more than a center, fullback, new jersey or pom-pom colors.

Not gunna happen.. Well, we could go shopping for a Center. We could work to getting a New Jersey. And who knows, the Pink Pig's Cheerleader Squad might accidentally hit the field with poms poms that match our team colours one day.

But there's no way Mr Cartwright or Mr Zillman are going anywhere soon, in the near future. Not only that, if I recall correctly. Kevvie Walters renewed/prolonged his contract with the Storm last year.

So yeah, minor issues can/might be addressed. Anything major, forget it..

DIEHARD
29-04-13, 09:47 AM
Kevin Walters. My all time favourite RL player and personality. We can see what he is doing to the Storm who are more chancy and dangerous than ever. Less robotic.

Coaster
29-04-13, 09:58 AM
Walters is untested as a head coach, would make a fantastic assistant.

There is a head coach that has the credentials and currently unemployed, and has won 4 Grand Finals.

Tim Sheens

Titanic
29-04-13, 10:05 AM
As much as I would like to have a Queensland coach I would take Sheens or even Smith over any untried personality. I am sure Cartwright is a good bloke and I don't doubt that he can lean on personal experience but his decision-making under pressure is terrible.

I like James but he is way off track and those who are defending him should carefully consider how he has changed since the first few games. He seems to have taken a good look at his own press. The way he is playing now is vastly different to the tear-a-way he was at the beginning of the season. I agree "that" penalty was soft but what about the others?

teke
29-04-13, 10:13 AM
I thought zilly had a good game.

Taylor out on the left edge is way more dangerous than Bird.

Talk all u want about getting a new coach it won't be happening anytime soon

Titanic
29-04-13, 10:17 AM
Sure mate, won't happen at all but the support group is dwindling ... nobody likes losing but the frustrations echoed on here aren't about losing in an arm wrestle, they're about silliness.

DIEHARD
29-04-13, 10:21 AM
Walters is untested as a head coach, would make a fantastic assistant.

There is a head coach that has the credentials and currently unemployed, and has won 4 Grand Finals.

Tim Sheens

That's what the Wests Tigers thought as well (Well change 4 to 3). I dunno. Sheens would make a major impact but he isn't the blue ribbon coach we all thought he as in the early to mid 90s. But surely he will find a home sooner or later in NRL or ESL.

You are probably right about Kevin, BUT he was HEAD coach at Les Catalans.

Coaster
29-04-13, 10:26 AM
That's what the Wests Tigers thought as well (Well change 4 to 3). I dunno. Sheens would make a major impact but he isn't the blue ribbon coach we all thought he as in the early to mid 90s. But surely he will find a home sooner or later in NRL or ESL.

You are probably right about Kevin, BUT he was HEAD coach at Les Catalans.

Sheens to me stayed way too long at the Tigers.
If he had our team we would excel.

Toads
29-04-13, 10:28 AM

Tend to agree with you, teke. Not sure how much more of this rot that the Supporters are going to put up with though. It's neither cheap or entertaining with whats been displayed at the last two home games. If there aren't any drastic changes soon, that crowd that we seen in the Stadium yesterday will eventually be regarded as a good turn out. :doh:

DIEHARD
29-04-13, 10:31 AM
As an esteemed expert in Leadership speculation. *smirk*

I say that talking about it and alternatives does escalate matters.

It's like Beetlejuice or Lord Voldemort. The more you talk about it the more powerful it gets.

Nick
29-04-13, 10:44 AM
...sheens used to play wingers off the bench. He had a great season with the tigpies due to very talented players, not great coaching structure and set plays.

I want Carty to succeed, but we do need someone more attacking orientated to take advantage of some of the blokes we have on the edges.

I also don't see any reason to be too critical of that game, there is no way we could win with 14 men, the few tries at the end were disappointing thoigh

Toads
29-04-13, 11:02 AM
I doubt many here have a problem with the effort the remaining 14 guys put in. The Head **** with a majority of us is the unexplained/uncomprehensible reshuffling of players to cover those who have been injured. It just kills our 'go forward' and destabilises out defense, which amounts abysmal football.

Maybe Carty or someone from the Coaching Staff can come in the Forums and explain this theory to some of us who are baffled by it?

gotitans101_
29-04-13, 11:04 AM
I thought zilly had a good game.

Same, and usually I'm one of the people who is very critical of Zilly.

Ain't that the truth. Same crap every season really. Same goes for Murphy as well.

DIEHARD
29-04-13, 11:33 AM
3. Signs of the times

Set of Six hereby introduces a contest: Fan Sign of the Year. And we have our first entrant in the banner brandished by a pair of Newcastle fans at Skilled Park yesterday: ‘‘Go Hard Willie’’. Murray Louis tweeted: ‘‘At his age it should read: Please go hard Willie!! :)’’ We’ve not seen such excellence in the field of double entendres since St George Illawarra fans’ ‘‘Me So Hornby!’’ banner, which is regularly seen at Dragons’ games. Let’s see how many puns we can fit into the rest of this item. The sign was soon discovered by security and wasn’t up for long. It was so big it had to be handled by two people. And, in reference to our new contest ... it will take some beating.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/the-truth-must-always-win-out-20130428-2ims9.html#ixzz2RoOmt3ZG

shamus
29-04-13, 11:54 AM
Can ikin zip his mouth

I will never watch another game when he is commentating, he is that biased and all he talks about is being Wayne Bennett son in law, he hasn't had one good thing to say about the titans

Well he did work for Titans whilst Searle still held the reins. maybe he got done over as well and holds a grudge? :ugh:

I remember back in '10 or '11 (not sure, may have even been '09)...When we the supporters had to line up outside the GC Turf Club and upon entering grab our merchandise pack. Ikin was standing behind me in line. I thought it kinda strange that an employee had to line up as well.

Not taking away anything about his bias towards Bennett. Just saying he may not have fond memories of being with the Titans. :D

Oh.......and I haven't watched the reply yet (and probably won't)...so I have no idea what Ikin rambled on about...just guessing.

jonesy
29-04-13, 12:01 PM
Interesting to read all the thoughts about todays game. I accept that the injuries would have taken a toll but we showed nothing the whole game. Srama was generally covered by Falloon and we had forward back up for Harro. Why the shuffle for O'Dywer I am at a loss like others have said.
However we still had a class pack of forwards (on paper) and they gave nothing. There was very little go forward and Newcastle were gaining far more metres each set of 6 than us. That was from the start and not just when the injury toll started to take effect.
The performance reminded me of the last two years which I thought we had put behind us. I have not been on Carty's back like others but that was a flat and mystifying performance. To solely blame the injuries today is looking for a cheap way out.

agree, injuries take their toll but there was still 13 blokes out there, many who were not having a dig

shamus
29-04-13, 12:16 PM
agree, injuries take their toll but there was still 13 blokes out there, many who were not having a dig

Bloody hell...harsh critic there but every right to post your opinion. It was about 29 degrees in the stands so (guessing) 33-34 on the park. I am surprised the game wasn't played in quarters. At one stage in the 1st half when packing a scrum (about 25 minute mark) there was a 'mini' drinks break although no time was called off. Even the refs went looking for the water bottles.

In saying that we dropped way to much ball to win that game. What I am trying to say is perhaps our offence lost the match, not the defence. Had we held the ball then different pressure is applied to the opposition and in the end you get different results. Not necessarily a win (not in yesterdays circumstances) but a different result on the scoreboard. Some will say a loss is a loss but we got beat by 24 and that doesn't help F/A. JMO :p

Titanic
29-04-13, 01:23 PM
I can remember during the game Ikin referred to the Titans as "we" ... I didn't think he was biased against us, he just comes over as such a tool and loves his father-in-law ... you can't blame him for that, if he lets fly at Bennett then he gets a saucepan in the head when he gets home.

Julius Sezer
29-04-13, 01:31 PM
Sheens is worth the gamble i reckon.

DIEHARD
29-04-13, 02:09 PM
you can't blame him for that, if he lets fly at Bennett then he gets a saucepan in the head when he gets home.

:laugh: :laugh:

DIEHARD
29-04-13, 02:42 PM
Mason rejects foul-play accusations after fired-up Knights poleaxe Titans
Steve Mascord

Willie Mason vehemently denied illegal high tackles had been responsible for two of the three injuries that ruined Gold Coast's hopes of beating Newcastle at Skilled Park.

Titans centre Luke O'Dwyer suffered a broken jaw, lock Ashley Harrison copped knee and ankle injuries, and hooker Matt Srama was left with a bone protruding from a broken finger in the first 12 minutes, leaving John Cartwright's side with one reserve and consigning them to a 30-6 defeat.

Coach Cartwright said O'Dwyer had been caught high and Harrison - whose Origin involvement is now in doubt - had fallen awkwardly because he had been concussed.

"Those tackles were within the rules of the league," said Mason, who along with prop Kade Snowden was in the hit on O'Dwyer. "It was a very aggressive start. Our line speed was something we worked on during the week and it was just line speed into contact. It was a shame that Ashley Harrison did syndesmosis. I thought he just did his medial. It's just the way the tackle happened. It was just a very aggressive tackle, in both cases.

"I don't think anyone will have anything to answer for. The refs saw the replays. They didn't think anything of it."

The Harrison tackle involved Snowden, Travis Waddell and Alex McKinnon, with Waddell up high. Mason said Harrison was not knocked out or dazed because he responded to a question while laying on the ground.

"I said, 'Are you sweet?' and he said 'Yeah, I'm fine,' but his leg was stuffed.

"O'Dwyer, he just got hit hard. You play this game, you hit hard and you get hit hard and sometimes things happen."

Harrison hobbled off after a stretcher had been called, O'Dwyer calmly played the ball and then told a trainer he had broken his jaw, while reserve hooker Beau Falloon - just back from appendicitis - recalled: "I saw Srama come to the sideline with the bone sticking out, so I knew I was going to be playing a fair few minutes."

Cartwright said: "[O'Dwyer] and 'Harro' both got hit, they both got up holding their heads.

"Both were groggy and they were the tackles they got injured in. Both those boys don't lie down.

"[Harrison] lost his bearings and he just twisted. If you've been knocked out, you know what I mean - knee buckled, ankle buckled and rolled 'em both. There's a lot of experience [O'Dwyer], a playmaker [Srama] and a bloke who plays 80 minutes every week [Harrison]. It'll leave a little hole in us.

"I'm anxious to see how long they're all going to be [out]."

At the time of the mishaps the scores were locked at 0-0.

NEWCASTLE 30 (J McManus 2 D Fa'alogo T Tahu A Uate tries K Gidley 5 goals) bt GOLD COAST 6 (A Kelly try A Sezer goal) at Skilled Park. Referee: Jared Maxwell, Luke Phillips. Crowd: 14,201.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-match-report/mason-rejects-foulplay-accusations-after-firedup-knights-poleaxe-titans-20130428-2imfv.html#ixzz2RpA6qxZX

Big Dan
29-04-13, 04:46 PM
Sheens is worth the gamble i reckon.

I agree totally he would be great we have a good CEO we need a top coach Sheens fits the bill.

RichOs69
29-04-13, 06:18 PM
why oh why Mr Cartwrong do you insist on allowing other teams to wear their white kit on a stinking hot day at the boiler room.
On hot days we should be exercising our right to where our white kit and make the other team wear their dark kit...like it or not, its an advantageous tactic that ALL the other teams use when playing day games at their home grounds.
It may seem trivial to some, but this aspect can most definitely be a game changer. Our boys where pressed to cover the lack of reserves after the injuries and this was compounded by the extra fatigue induced by wearing dark colours under a HOT sun.

RichOs69
29-04-13, 06:25 PM
Well he did work for Titans whilst Searle still held the reins. maybe he got done over as well and holds a grudge? :ugh:

I remember back in '10 or '11 (not sure, may have even been '09)...When we the supporters had to line up outside the GC Turf Club and upon entering grab our merchandise pack. Ikin was standing behind me in line. I thought it kinda strange that an employee had to line up as well.

Not taking away anything about his bias towards Bennett. Just saying he may not have fond memories of being with the Titans. :D

Oh.......and I haven't watched the reply yet (and probably won't)...so I have no idea what Ikin rambled on about...just guessing.

I went to school with Ikin (my little brother was in half his classes) He was a wanker then and he still is...I was there at cooly when he got his jaw broken...you know why it got broken, cos he was mouthing of about being a star and HE picked the fight, he bullied the guy that much that the guy let one rip...sucked in I say im glad hes no longer associated with the Titans