Pages : [1] 2

DIEHARD
05-01-13, 08:57 PM
Gold Coast Titans vs Brisbane Broncos
Friday Apri; 5 7:35 PM - Skilled Park

DIEHARD
27-03-13, 01:15 AM
Sacked Canberra Raider Josh Dugan to meet with Brisbane Broncos

EXCLUSIVE: BRISBANE are poised to immediately offset Corey Norman's defection to Parramatta, with axed Raider Josh Dugan travelling to Broncos HQ to inspect the club's facilities this week.

Norman yesterday announced he'd signed a three-year deal to join the Eels next season, triggering a ripple effect through the recruitment market.

His departure frees up money for the Broncos to stave off interest from St George Illawarra and secure Dugan on a healthy long-term deal.

News Limited understands the 22-year-old plans to meet Broncos officials from today, after flying north yesterday.

Now resigned to missing Dugan, the winless Dragons - who have scored just six tries from three outings - are focusing all their energy on recruiting a new playmaker to remedy their attacking woes.

Gold Coast understudy Jordan Rankin is understood to be closest to signing, but overtures have been made to Newcastle prodigy Tyrone Roberts and Castleford's Rangi Chase.

And in a worrying sign for under-fire coach Steve Price, recruitment manager Craig Young and CEO Peter Doust have been doing the lion's share of recent negotiations.

According to player agents involved with negotiations at St George Illawarra, Price has been less hands-on in recent weeks as his future falls into deeper uncertainty with each defeat.

Until Norman put pen to paper, the Eels had also been struggling to land decent recruitment since signing Chris Sandow almost two years ago.

But Brisbane's decision to resurrect Scott Prince's career at the expense of Norman's development at five eighth proved the deal-maker for Parramatta.

Having not hidden his desire to succeed Darren Lockyer as Brisbane's long-term five eighth, Norman was nonplussed about moving to fullback to accommodate the 33-year-old veteran this year.

And with Dugan odds-on to join the Broncos within the next week, he could battle to play either position.

But that won't be the case in 2014 at Parramatta, who've been desperately seeking a five-eighth to partner Sandow all off-season.

Their talks with Norman began around Christmas, and Brisbane did themselves few favours with a modest first-up offer. The Broncos responded with better money, but couldn't compete with Parramatta's $1.2 million deal, and, more importantly, the guarantee of wearing the No.6 jersey.

In return, Norman yesterday gave jittery Eels fans a promise he would not exploit the round 13 contractual loophole and repeat Josh Papalii's devastating backflip.

"I understand that under the NRL rules I have until round 13 to change my mind, but I just wanted Eels members, fans and sponsors to know that I will be standing 100 per cent by my decision to make the move to Sydney," he said.

"I have made a commitment and I will see that commitment and contract through."

Parramatta coach Ricky Stuart is still to settle on a permanent five-eighth for this season, with Ben Roberts, Joseph Paulo and Luke Kelly all sharing the role.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/

Smakked
27-03-13, 01:27 AM
Looking forward to this game , should be a good win for us.

C-Whiz
27-03-13, 06:52 AM
Looking forward to this game , should be a good win for us.Definitely should be if we keep playing as well as we have been, and from DIEHARDS article, it sounds like the Prince poison, umm, sorry, position ;) is already setting into the Bronocs ranks.

Also, maybe not the thread for this, but Eels would be pretty dangerous if they had Norman and Sandow working together. Sandow has been a bit of a revelation this year, but Norman would bring that extra everything.

All brings some more instability to Broncos. Should get a good crowd, and best of all, fickle Broncos fans will all be gone 20 minutes before the end of the match so won't be too much of a queue getting back to the buses and trains! :laugh: :thumbsup: :D

Titanic
27-03-13, 10:41 AM
After watching the Princess on various footy shows over the last week and his condescending manner to the club, I hope we smash in the very real sense of the word. I don't want try celebrations or any lowering to the moronic standard, just a good old-fashioned whacking, please.

Hail Sezer
27-03-13, 11:10 AM
After watching the Princess on various footy shows over the last week and his condescending manner to the club, I hope we smash in the very real sense of the word. I don't want try celebrations or any lowering to the moronic standard, just a good old-fashioned whacking, please.

Saw him on the Sunday Footy Show. Prince was questioned about Alby and Sezer and didn't have much to say. One of the hosts then said that what has impressed them the most about Alby is his defence. Prince looked so dark...mouth shut, eyes looking straight.

I lol'd.

Toads
27-03-13, 12:25 PM
Saw him on the Sunday Footy Show. Prince was questioned about Alby and Sezer and didn't have much to say. One of the hosts then said that what has impressed them the most about Alby is his defence. Prince looked so dark...mouth shut, eyes looking straight.

I lol'd.

:laugh: Spewin' I missed it. Definitely would've been worth seeing..

DIEHARD
27-03-13, 08:21 PM
Broncos Injury Report: Round Four
Bronco Media

THE injury news is positive for the Broncos with Justin Hodges back on the paddock - but it's not so great for Mitchell Dodds and Denan Kemp.
Hodges will play against the Storm this Friday night and told Bronco TV he was raring to go.

The Broncos have received yet another injury blow though with hard-hitting forward Dodds out of calculations.

Dodds has injured a foot ligament and will be out of action for two to four weeks.

He began his recovery yesterday after being placed in a moon boot after training.

Dodds has played all three games this season off the bench.

There were some injuries suffered by Broncos' players in the Queensland Cup as well.

Pacy winger Denan Kemp will be out a week or two with hamstring injury suffered as he was warming up for Redcliffe on the weekend.

And Aaron Whitchurch has an ongoing back complaint that will not let him return for another week or two.

Mexican titan
27-03-13, 08:48 PM
Broncos Injury Report: Round Four
Bronco Media

THE injury news is positive for the Broncos with Justin Hodges back on the paddock - but it's not so great for Mitchell Dodds and Denan Kemp.
Hodges will play against the Storm this Friday night and told Bronco TV he was raring to go.

The Broncos have received yet another injury blow though with hard-hitting forward Dodds out of calculations.

Dodds has injured a foot ligament and will be out of action for two to four weeks.

He began his recovery yesterday after being placed in a moon boot after training.

Dodds has played all three games this season off the bench.

There were some injuries suffered by Broncos' players in the Queensland Cup as well.

Pacy winger Denan Kemp will be out a week or two with hamstring injury suffered as he was warming up for Redcliffe on the weekend.

And Aaron Whitchurch has an ongoing back complaint that will not let him return for another week or two.

Good old Bronco media. From what I have seen I don't think the absence of Dodds and Kemp has turned their season bad. It was interesting to hear the guys on Talkin Sport today discussing the Broncos:zzzz: They mainly discussed the halves and Peter Tunks (I think it was him) suggested Princey is the one who should be dropped.:jawdrop:

Dopamine
27-03-13, 09:58 PM
Is round 5 still heritage round?? Pretty sure both 2011 and 2012 it was.... LU forum has shown pretty much everyones heritage stip except ours... Anyone know if we're getting one?

amaline
27-03-13, 11:24 PM
:laugh: Spewin' I missed it. Definitely would've been worth seeing..

Me too. Downloading it now.... :thumbsup:

Toads
27-03-13, 11:42 PM
Me too. Downloading it now.... :thumbsup:

Ahh goodone, there's an idea. :thumbsup:

Onto it now. :)

DIEHARD
29-03-13, 07:28 AM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/370/985/3cd.gif

Princey's Titanz
29-03-13, 11:55 AM
Three cheers to my username.

Toads
29-03-13, 02:42 PM
Three cheers to my username.

So how is it, hangin' out at Bogan's (Oops, Bronco's Supporters) Forum these days? :D

DIEHARD
29-03-13, 08:32 PM
Im enjoying watching the Broncos and Prince get belted by the Storm right now.

gotitans101_
29-03-13, 10:11 PM
Worried about the short turnaround for this game to be honest. Broncos get their usual 7 days to back up while we get 5.

Boofhead
29-03-13, 10:14 PM
Broncos will probably be without Stagg and Hoffman after they both limped off the field. Parker and Hannant might of picked up minor injuries too.

Ill be happy with the underdog tag though. ;)

karnage
29-03-13, 10:33 PM
Brisbane looked really, really good tonight which hopefully drags another couple of thousand of fans down the M1 - they haven't won a game in QLD this year after all!!

There is one thing that has not been mentioned on this thread yet with respect to Friday Night Football - Tom Waterhouse. People on the Western Side you need to be ready to sledge the absolute hell out of him. He is the biggest germ I have ever seen. Start warming up the vocal chords!!

TITAN PETE
29-03-13, 11:23 PM
Brisbane looked really, really good tonight which hopefully drags another couple of thousand of fans down the M1 - they haven't won a game in QLD this year after all!!

There is one thing that has not been mentioned on this thread yet with respect to Friday Night Football - Tom Waterhouse. People on the Western Side you need to be ready to sledge the absolute hell out of him. He is the biggest germ I have ever seen. Start warming up the vocal chords!!

Mate u should know by now that Donkeys supporters go into hiding when they are not winning :?)

Agree with u 100% in regards to that stuck up Tosser being on channel 9 or even being involved with RL, I hate him & all of his family of thieves :mad:
The good news is I sit right by the centre tunnel & he will know I'm there ;)

a_guest
30-03-13, 01:29 AM
Mate u should know by now that Donkeys supporters go into hiding when they are not winning :?)

I don't think that's fair, Broncs got 40k to the game tonight.

Our crowds have plummeted in recent years.

Titanic
30-03-13, 02:05 AM

Too true, we are the last club to be critical of other team's supporter base.

Steve
30-03-13, 02:53 AM

Agree with u 100% in regards to that stuck up Tosser being on channel 9 or even being involved with RL, I hate him & all of his family of thieves :mad:
The good news is I sit right by the centre tunnel & he will know I'm there ;)

Good stuff, Pete! He reckons he knows what the punters want, well they want him out of rugby league!

gothabull
30-03-13, 05:14 AM
Bring back Jaimie Rodgers

C-Whiz
30-03-13, 09:51 AM
Brisbane looked really, really good tonight which hopefully drags another couple of thousand of fans down the M1 - they haven't won a game in QLD this year after all!!Broncos were great, their forwards and backs all lifted, and they probably would have beaten any team on last nights effort if they had decent halves.

Too true, we are the last club to be critical of other team's supporter base.agreed with you both. Broncos fans are fickle, and a fair percentage leave around the 75min mark, but they do turn out. Most clubs would kill for their crowd numbers.

teke
30-03-13, 11:10 AM
Watching Norman play for the umpteenth time I will ask again, what do ppl see in this guy that makes his signature worth chasing?

DavidBouveng
30-03-13, 11:45 AM
Watching Norman play for the umpteenth time I will ask again, what do ppl see in this guy that makes his signature worth chasing?

He is decent mate. And it only seems parra thinks he is worth 400k. Broncos would have tried keeping him if they did.

He isn't worth near 400k, but I wish our own FB had his skills and timing.

Broncs won't face a totally clueless right side defense next week either.

And thaiday played his heart out to get them back into that match. Was inspiring stuff and a great game of footy.

Toads
30-03-13, 12:33 PM

Too true, we are the last club to be critical of other team's supporter base.

Fair enough, what youse say is reasonably correct. But the difference between the Donkeys 'n Us. Is the Donkeys have the luxury of having their fan base pretty well statewide. Whereas ours is Southern end of South East Corner of Queensland (at best).

Though I'm enjoying that for now, while we're further up the Ladder at this stage. It's quite blissful walkin' amongst the Hardcore Donkey Supporters up here while wearing my Titans gear 'n smug look on my face. The silence is deafening.. :D

Titanic
30-03-13, 12:35 PM
Our diminishing crowds have nothing to do with supporter base ... we have been on the nose and although we are doing something about that we are not home yet by a long way.

Boofhead
30-03-13, 12:47 PM
We are building to something here - it won't be a sell out but if we beat these wankers the band wagoners will by coming from absolutely everywhere.

Toads
30-03-13, 01:00 PM
Thing is, up here. They organise the odd bus trip to go Donkeys Home Games, and I'm fairly confident that happens in other regional areas within Queensland. That's the stuff Titans can only dream of..

So I do believe it does have something to with how big/broad the Supporter Base is. And when you weigh up the demographics of the Coast (a lot of Retired Mexicans that have no interests in any sports other than Horse Racing and AFL). Well, it's always going to be a struggle to attract your average GC Family to home games that's snowed under with debt.

To take your average Family of Four to a Game. You're not going to get much change out of $200, by the time they get in 'n buy something to eat 'n so on. No matter, how hard David 'n Co try and combat that, they're not going beat it while they're tied in with Stadiums Queensland. That there is the biggest issue in regards to getting 'Bums on Seats'.

Yes, there's been quite a few undesirable incidences going on within our Club in it's short lifespan. But it can't be blamed on that alone..

Toads
30-03-13, 01:13 PM
We are building to something here - it won't be a sell out but if we beat these wankers the band wagoners will by coming from absolutely everywhere.

Yes, we're sure are building to something. Though I hope it happens all year, minus any scandal for a change. So yeah, I hope we're viewed as the Quiet Achievers in 2013 'n ****in' lookout in 2014! :fight:

hammer
30-03-13, 01:27 PM
I am assuming there is a contract with Stadium Queensland which we are unable to get out off...I wonder how long we are tied to this current arrangement? 2, 5, 10 or 20 years...anyone know?

DIEHARD
31-03-13, 04:35 AM
Really want to see a big crowd. Broncos really came back after I spent half the game being a smart ass about them. They won't be an easy best by any measure and Duggan may be lining up against us.

Spread the world and help us get lots of home support.

hammer
31-03-13, 07:39 PM
I hope that the crowd numbers are bursting for this match!

And more importantly I hope that long-awaited victory song is ready to be blasted out after 80 minutes at Skilled Stadium!

C-Whiz
31-03-13, 07:55 PM
I hope that the crowd numbers are bursting for this match!

And more importantly I hope that long-awaited victory song is ready to be blasted out after 80 minutes at Skilled Stadium!
Here is my post in the Qld derby thread. No reason we can't use it on Friday night! :thumbsup:

Broken record time... how about a song????

Has anyone heard of a little ditty called "Waltzing Matilda"?? If you know the tune, try it with this simple verse.
Get this stuck in your head and you will be singing it all day!

We are the Gold Coast Titans,
We are the Gold Coast Titans,
We are going to play Brisbane and we'll kick that donkeys a$$,
And we came, and we played, and we kicked the Brisbane Broncos a$$
We are the Gold Coast Titans are we're the Kings of Queensland!

We can substitute Brisabne for Cowboys, so it can work if the 3 way concept takes off. Actually, we can substitute almost any teams into the song and make this a staple of the Legion with some very minor tweaking.

What do you think Brad, put it in the songbook?

TITAN PETE
31-03-13, 08:15 PM
If we can't get an almost sell out crowd for this match there's something very wrong.

teke
31-03-13, 09:02 PM
I can now feel comfortable talking about this game.

I was a bit iffy pumping up our chances before we played an annoying side in the panthers

a_guest
31-03-13, 11:29 PM
This could be similar to the Sharks vs Dragons derby in that the Broncos are desperate for a win.

I didn't read too much into their comeback against Melbourne though, they were still structured pretty flat in attack and were fortunate Duffie was intent on shooting out of the line.

If we defend well enough and put early pressure on their terrible halves they will crumble.

DIEHARD
01-04-13, 04:21 AM
Gold Coast Titans look to pile misery on Brisbane Broncos

GOLD Coast Titans are licking their lips at the prospect of registering four straight wins for the first time since 2010 in Friday's derby against the Broncos after dismantling Penrith 28-10 yesterday.

The Titans romped to their third straight win, shutting the Panthers out at Centrebet Stadium in a desperate first half before piling on the points later in a heated clash.

Gold Coast have conceded just 36 points in four rounds to sit in the top four heading into Friday's Skilled Park showdown.

Gold Coast players rushed from Penrith to Sydney Airport last night as the Titans take every measure to overcome a history of scheduling favouritism that has plagued their derbies with Brisbane.

The Titans are also battling some injury concerns with hooker Matt Srama (shoulder) almost certain to miss the clash with Brisbane.

Brad Takairangi (hamstring), Luke Douglas (cork) and Beau Falloon (back) also have injury woes.

Not since the Titans hosted the Broncos in the first week of the 2009 finals have the Gold Coast had a longer turnaround than their big brother rivals heading into a derby.

But against Penrith, for a third straight week the Titans held their opponents scoreless in the first half.

Cartwright said the Titans would be ready for one of the most anticipated derbies in years as Scott Prince returned to Robina for the first time in Broncos colours.

"We love it. It doesn't matter where either side sits on the competition table. It's a genuine local derby," Cartwright said.

"There is a bit of dislike there between Brisbane and Gold Coast people in particular."

The Broncos will head into Friday's clash after a full seven-day break from the Melbourne loss.

The Titans, on the other hand, will be lucky to have one full team training run on match eve as they nurse their weary bodies.

Making matters worse for the Titans, they are coming off three successive daylight matches played in extreme heat where players have at times suffered more than double their usual weight loss during a game.

It's another reason why the Broncos have no excuse not to get their season back on track on Friday.

Cartwright said his men would be given light duties this week.

"Today (the heat) was a bit better, but the rest have been in extreme conditions for rugby league," Cartwright said.

"We'll probably just train Thursday. We've got a few knocks we'll have to assess.

"We'll get together Thursday and finalise a team then."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/

toddythetitan
01-04-13, 09:43 AM
hey guys could we see the debut of Sam Irwin this weekend with srama in doubt

TITAN PETE
01-04-13, 10:42 AM
hey guys could we see the debut of Sam Irwin this weekend with srama in doubt

I couldn't imagine ever of throwing a Rookie in against the Donkeys in such an important posistion ,Falloon is in career best form he'll be fine :thumbsup:

toddythetitan
01-04-13, 12:02 PM
ok I heard that fallons back was no good lets hope that its nothing to serious who comes on the bench with the spare spot

Boofhead
01-04-13, 12:02 PM
Chalky for a 20 minute stint at hooker is a safer option than Irwin.

gcboyz
01-04-13, 12:27 PM
Broncos were pinning their hopes on signing Dugan before this match. Their forum has almost overloaded with more pages than War and Peace about the subject.
This forum seems civilised compared to the slagging they dish out to most of their list. The Coach, Wallace, Prince, Hannant, McCullough, Maranta, Hodges,Hoffman, Norman all get a huge spray.
Confidence is way down at Red Hill atm

thelwall
01-04-13, 01:00 PM
according to nrl.com alby has missed 14 tackles and sits as 3rd worst - equal with scott prince

Hail Sezer
01-04-13, 01:07 PM
according to nrl.com alby has missed 14 tackles and sits as 3rd worst - equal with scott prince

I saw that. Didn't take much notice of it tbh. I think a lot of it is because of his chopping tackles and because he doesn't hold them, it counts as a miss. Otherwise I'm stumped.

Hi defence against the Sharks and Manly was outstanding.

Coaster
01-04-13, 01:10 PM
The difference he doesn't go missing in the line.

Which allows other defenders to cover if needed, he also is not trying to do everything, just his job. And he is IMO doing it very well

Titanic
01-04-13, 01:39 PM
The difference between the two is staggering and its affect on the team fabulous.

Boofhead
01-04-13, 02:36 PM
@TripleM_NRL: JUDICIARY: Krisnan Inu grade 4 dangerous throw - 5-7wks; Sam Thaiday 1wk for touching the ref; B Lawrence & L Bailey 0wks w/early pleas #nrl

toddythetitan
01-04-13, 02:42 PM
id say that ably makes and attempts a lot More tackles then princey

Coaster
01-04-13, 03:01 PM
I didn't see the Bailey incident at all

Smakked
01-04-13, 06:05 PM
Thaiday will miss this game 1 week ban for the shirt tug on a ref.

Titanic
01-04-13, 06:22 PM
I didn't see the Bailey incident at all
It was a non-event but he did grab his shoulder ... I was more worried by his over-calling the plays and continuously arguing with the ref ... he is getting older and grumpier by the minute just like me :( and I hope he was humbled by his perfect off-load (well somebody had to say it).

teke
01-04-13, 07:14 PM
Season will all be for nothing if we can't beat the donkeys (someone had to say it) :D

C-Whiz
01-04-13, 07:52 PM
Season will all be for nothing if we can't beat the donkeys (someone had to say it) :D
Haha, I can just see us now, sitting at the new Titans Leagues club in October, celebrating after the GF as Myles and Bird lift the trophy, high-fiving each other and saying, "....but it just doesn't feel the same not beating the Broncos in round 5...." :laugh:

Feeling better knowing Thaiday is out, and no Dugan.

Another 13+ on this one. I might just let it ride all season! :D

Sydney Titans Fanatic
01-04-13, 08:07 PM
Cant wait for the broncos to name there team, should be 13+ titans

Mexican titan
01-04-13, 09:02 PM
I know we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves but after just seeing Parra lose 50 nil (as a Manly member as well I just love that) if we beat the Broncs then Parra at home a 5-1 start to the year would be great.
Sets us up great for the rest of the year.

Hail Sezer
01-04-13, 09:16 PM
Im getting a bit concerned about who's going to play hooker if Srama and Falloon are out?

Also, off topic a bit but has anyone else noticed the "Bet-Ezy" logos peeling off the back of the jerseys each game?

TITAN PETE
01-04-13, 09:24 PM
Falloon will be fine & taking on the Donkeys without Thaiday & Justine will be just fine for me :thumbsup:

Coaster
01-04-13, 09:33 PM
More importantly we get a big home crowd. If its tight it will make a difference.

Mexican titan
01-04-13, 09:54 PM
More importantly we get a big home crowd. If its tight it will make a difference.

I hope we get a great crowd as well but it might be in spite of Ticketek who I think are bloody hopeless. I have just tried to get a couple of tickets for family who will be here and:
1) the Ticketek link from the NRL site does not work (it does for all other games in round 5). I had to log in to the Ticketek site site direct.
2) the ticket availability list says Steel GA is exhausted but that is what tickets I was offered. I could not get a reserved seat in Steel despite all bar two bays of Steel being reserved seating.
3) the print at home option is not listed - only ground collect or ticket to your mobile phone.

I will try again tomorrow. None of these are big deals but just sloppy, unprofessional, and not what we want to see when we are trying to get people to the games. In the first round the site offered no seating plan for Skilled Park so first timers would have had no idea what seats they were obtaining.

DavidBouveng
01-04-13, 10:26 PM
Falloon will be fine & taking on the Donkeys without Thaiday & Justine will be just fine for me :thumbsup:

this makes me happy. he dragged them back into that game the other night through grit and hard work. he is a big loss for them.

Sydney Titans Fanatic
01-04-13, 11:04 PM
i spoke to falloon at penrith and he said it was just corked he said he will be 100% for the derby,

DavidBouveng
01-04-13, 11:33 PM
i spoke to falloon at penrith and he said it was just corked he said he will be 100% for the derby,

this is good news. i think both of our hookers now have the McCulloughs measure,

and dont get me started on Ben Hunt... im halfway thinking hes almost missed his window of opportunity, and halfway thinking his career and development have been so badly coached it makes Carty look like Bellamy / Bennett / Hasler.

david may
02-04-13, 07:44 AM
I hope we get a great crowd as well but it might be in spite of Ticketek who I think are bloody hopeless. I have just tried to get a couple of tickets for family who will be here and:
1) the Ticketek link from the NRL site does not work (it does for all other games in round 5). I had to log in to the Ticketek site site direct.
2) the ticket availability list says Steel GA is exhausted but that is what tickets I was offered. I could not get a reserved seat in Steel despite all bar two bays of Steel being reserved seating.
3) the print at home option is not listed - only ground collect or ticket to your mobile phone.

I will try again tomorrow. None of these are big deals but just sloppy, unprofessional, and not what we want to see when we are trying to get people to the games. In the first round the site offered no seating plan for Skilled Park so first timers would have had no idea what seats they were obtaining.
Have sent your post to Ticketek.

Sorry is about all I can say.

david may
02-04-13, 07:47 AM
Im getting a bit concerned about who's going to play hooker if Srama and Falloon are out?

Also, off topic a bit but has anyone else noticed the "Bet-Ezy" logos peeling off the back of the jerseys each game?
Yep I have

TITAN PETE
02-04-13, 07:59 AM
Bird, Taylor may be pitched against Prince
Travis Meyn | 12:01am April 2, 2013

TITANS coach John Cartwright is poised to order hulking hardmen Greg Bird and Dave Taylor to run straight at ousted skipper Scott Prince as they attempt to capitalise on deficiencies they spent years protecting.

Prince will come up against his old side for the first time in the Skilled Park clash where the desperate Broncos, who have won just once this year, will come up against the high-flying Titans aiming for their fourth straight win.

And the Gold Coast will implement the game plan which they were the victims of for so many years, deliberately targeting the 33-year-old through menacing edge-runner Bird.

Cartwright could also be tempted to rotate Bird with the "Coal Train" Dave Taylor. Taylor usually plays on the right side but the prospect of sending the 118kg mammoth at Prince could be too good to ignore.

Prince's former co-captain Luke Bailey revealed the Titans would target Prince.

"I think so. Definitely," Bailey said when asked if the Titans would target Prince.

"We've got some monsters on the edge so we'll definitely use them up.

"Birdy won't give that (opportunity) up. He'll be looking for some metres down that way.

"We'll put a bit of pressure on him (Prince) and send some traffic his way."

It's shaping as a blockbuster derby with Prince's return to Robina compounded by Brisbane's bad form.

The Broncos have only beaten wooden spoon contenders St George-Illawarra this year but hold the wood over their south east Queensland rivals, winning six of the past seven clashes.

The Titans defeated Brisbane at Skilled Park last year and are a better team now with a rejuvenated halves combination of Albert Kelly and Aidan Sezer thriving on the back of an all-star forward pack.

Their watertight defence has leaked just 36 points this season - an average of nine a game - and Bailey said he was determined to continue that trend against the Broncos after the Titans were slightly off the pace in Sunday's 28-10 win over Penrith.

"We talk about trying to be arrogant in defence because we're on top defensively at the moment," he said.

"We were a little bit off the pace. The Broncos, particularly their forward pack, were sensational against Melbourne (32-26 loss).

"Winning ugly at this time of the year isn't too bad as long as we don't get used to it."

Lock Ashley Harrison will return from concussion and will start the match with utility Luke O'Dwyer likely to be dropped.

Steve
02-04-13, 08:43 AM
We SHOULD win this one.

Better forward pack, and currently better performing halves.

That said, Prince might feel he has a point to prove, and on his day he can tear any team apart.

This is definitely the best opportunity we've had to give the donkeys a sound spanking.

Toads
02-04-13, 09:32 AM
This match up, I hope we emulate the flogging that the Chooks handed the Eels yesterday. With a handful of their key players out. It's quite possible, if our boys fire on the night. :)

Titanic
02-04-13, 09:43 AM
Any win over these show ponies is a plus. I begged my wife to let me fly home for this one and she said ok as long as I got a picture with Scott Prince :( I slept on the couch again last night.

C-Whiz
02-04-13, 10:30 AM
Bird, Taylor may be pitched against Prince
Travis Meyn | 12:01am April 2, 2013I hope Taylor is up to it, because Scott Prince has been doing a lot of bulking up in the off-season and his defence has really improved*. :surprise:

*Source: some BS media releases pre-season from Broncos media PR staff..... :rolleyes:

TITAN PETE
02-04-13, 10:52 AM
I hope Taylor is up to it, because Scott Prince has been doing a lot of bulking up in the off-season and his defence has really improved*. :surprise:

*Source: some BS media releases pre-season from Broncos media PR staff..... :rolleyes:

:laugh: :laugh:

Toads
02-04-13, 11:22 AM
Someone should run a book. So we can have a punt at what 'minute mark' Princey will succumb to his season ending injury. The punter that gets closest to that magical number, scoops the pool. :D

I wonder if Bet Ezy is interested..

DIEHARD
02-04-13, 11:36 AM
If Prince doesnt fire for this game he never will.

C-Whiz
02-04-13, 12:29 PM
If Prince doesnt fire for this game he never will.He won't get a chance. Our pack will monster them, and now with no Thaiday, they will have no spirit. Prince will struggle to have enough time to put it onto the boot. I wonder if he will try and man up on Alby. Might be fun watching those 2 duke it out. :D

I might put Hannant in my DT. He will be carrying the Broncos on Friday night IMO.

TITAN PETE
02-04-13, 02:37 PM
Harrison, Takairangi named for local derby
Tuesday 2 April 2013 2:00 PM

iSelect Gold Coast Titans Coach John Cartwright has today named an extended 19-man squad in the build-up to Friday night?s blockbuster local derby against the Brisbane Broncos at Skilled Park.

Lock Ashley Harrison (concussion) and centre Brad Takairangi (hamstring) have both been named to return from injury after missing last weekend?s 28-10 win over the Penrith Panthers at Centrebet Stadium.

Utility Luke O?Dwyer and centre Steve Michaels have again been included as cover on an extended six-man bench after helping the team to the win against the Panthers.

The Titans have won three out of six matches played between the two clubs at Skilled Park, including a 14-10 victory in the last meeting against the Broncos in Round 20 last year.

iSelect Titans v Brisbane Broncos
Friday, April 5
7.30pm (AEST) ? Skilled Park

1 William Zillman
2 Kevin Gordon
3 Brad Takairangi
4 Jamal Idris
5 David Mead
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Albert Kelly
8 Luke Douglas
9 Matt Srama
10 Nate Myles
11 Greg Bird
12 Ben Ridge
13 Ashley Harrison
Interchange
14 David Taylor
15 Luke Bailey
16 Ryan James
17 Beau Falloon
18 Luke O?Dwyer
20 Steve Michaels

timor 2
02-04-13, 02:54 PM
Great To see Srama ok to play on the weekend...
Cheers Sean

K2G
02-04-13, 03:01 PM
It doesn't sound like Srama or Falloon are out of the woods with those injuries yet

http://www.titans.com.au/news-display/The-Rehab-Ward--Round-5/71367

also concerning to hear about Sezer's soreness, hope they all pull up alright for friday night.

gotitans101_
02-04-13, 03:39 PM
Well the unfair 5 day turnaround isn't doing us any favours there. Hopefully those guys pull up OK by Friday.

Boofhead
02-04-13, 03:39 PM
Broncos: 1. Corey Norman 2. Josh Hoffman 3. Jack Reed 4. Justin Hodges 5. Lachlan Maranta 6. Scott Prince 7. Peter Wallace 8. Ben Hannant 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Sam Thaiday (c) 11. Alex Glenn 12. Matt Gillett 13. Corey Parker
Interchange: 14. Ben Hunt 15. Dunamis Lui 16. David Hala 17. Scott Anderson 18. Nick Slyney 20. Jarred Wallace

Officials: Referees: Shayne Hayne & Alan Shortall; Sideline Officials: Jeff Younis & Chris Butler; Video Referees: Bernard Sutton & Justin Morgan

Broncos are fighting Thaiday's charge.

gotitans101_
02-04-13, 03:42 PM
Broncos:

1. Corey Norman
2. Josh Hoffman
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges
5. Lachlan Maranta
6. Scott Prince
7. Peter Wallace
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Sam Thaiday (c)
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker

14. Ben Hunt
15. Dunamis Lui
16. David Hala
17. Scott Anderson
18. Nick Slyney
20. Jarred Wallace

Officials: Referees: Shayne Hayne & Alan Shortall; Sideline Officials: Jeff Younis & Chris Butler; Video Referees: Bernard Sutton & Justin Morgan

Thaiday named - are they contesting the charge?

edit: Yeah seems that way Boof. Like they don't have a leg up on us already with their BS 7 day turnarounds every week.

TITAN PETE
02-04-13, 04:12 PM
Thaiday will fight charge at NRL Judiciary
By Wayne Heming
AAP
Tue 02nd April, 4:00pm

Brisbane will head to the NRL judiciary to fight a contrary conduct charge levelled against club captain Sam Thaiday.

On the line will be Thaiday's place in Friday night's local derby with the Gold Coast at Skilled Park.

The Queensland forward has been hit with a contrary conduct charge by the NRL's match review committee arising from an incident involving referee Adam Devcich early in Brisbane's 32-26 loss to Melbourne last weekend.

Thaiday grabbed and tugged on Devcich's shirt as he tried to demonstrate how he'd been held back in a scrum by Melbourne prop Bryan Norrie, as Storm fullback Billy Slater ran through a big gap to score a try.

Replays showed Thaiday trying to break free of Norrie's hold during the scrum, and after the try was scored he angrily remonstrated with Devcich over the incident not being penalised.

Thaiday needs to beat the charge to play on Friday night as he has loading from a dangerous tackle suspension in 2011 which means an early guilty plea would not save him.

Brisbane decided to challenge the charge after consulting legal representatives on Monday night and again on Tuesday morning.

It's understood they will argue whether Thaiday's actions constituted contrary conduct.

NRL rules say if a referee is assaulted or unduly harassed by a player he should submit a report of the incident.

But Brisbane believe in Thaiday's case there was no malice or intent.

Losing Thaiday, back to his best against Melbourne, would be a damaging blow to Brisbane already under pressure following a disappointing 1-3 start to the season and battling injuries to experienced forward David Stagg and winger Josh Hoffman.

It's put added pressure on young prop Josh McGuire to make a hurried comeback from a torn calf suffered against St George Illawarra in round two last month.

Gold Coast front rower Luke Bailey has taken the early guilty plea for a similar offence to Thaiday and will be free to face the Broncos.

Manly prop Brenton Lawrence is clear to meet Canterbury on Friday after taking the early guilty plea for a dangerous throw on Wests Tigers centre Blake Ayshford last Thursday.

Canterbury centre Krisnan Inu took the early guilty plea for his grade four dangerous throw charge and will miss five weeks.

TITAN PETE
02-04-13, 04:13 PM
It will be very short odds that the Protected Species will get off the charge.

thelwall
02-04-13, 04:26 PM
just saying gordon has still got speed to burn

teke
02-04-13, 04:32 PM
just saying gordon has still got speed to burnone day he might add a tackle bust to his resume

TITAN PETE
02-04-13, 05:03 PM
one day he might add a tackle bust to his resume

Flash is definatly the one player in the squad that needs to improve , he will be targeted by the Donkeys this Friday..

Julius Sezer
02-04-13, 05:53 PM
2nd best defensive team in the comp verses the 5th worst attacking team in the comp. (at the moment)

Coaster
02-04-13, 06:50 PM
I don't care about the score tbh.

I just want our massive forwards to dominate this Brisbane team into submission.

Massive pain delivered to our only Rival.

Chaos
02-04-13, 07:20 PM
Broncos don't have many attacking options and they bought Prince to help them in that area.
If we ran our big men at Prince all night, he wont have much in the tank to attack and Wallace is the worst attacking half in the comp.
If we did this and considering our current defense, they will be lucky to score over 12 points.

Chaos
02-04-13, 07:30 PM
one day he might add a tackle bust to his resume

yeah...he's really lacking in this area since coming back from injury...maybe he needs work on his core...he's struggling to penetrate on his hit-ups.

Coaster
02-04-13, 07:39 PM
Broncos don't have many attacking options and they bought Prince to help them in that area.
If we ran our big men at Prince all night, he wont have much in the tank to attack and Wallace is the worst attacking half in the comp.
If we did this and considering our current defense, they will be lucky to score over 12 points.

You don't need to tell us this. We lived it for last 2 years

Chaos
02-04-13, 08:37 PM

Yeah but I'm glad the shoe is on the other foot and we have really big men.

My point was more about Broncos struggling to score points and the betting market will be interesting on points for the game.

DIEHARD
03-04-13, 03:17 AM

Haha great call Coaster.

I hope we use every trick we have on Prince and that we run at him all night long.

teke
03-04-13, 05:26 AM
yeah...he's really lacking in this area since coming back from injury...maybe he needs work on his core...he's struggling to penetrate on his hit-ups.He's always been like that.

Michaels cops some dirt on here but his hitups are alot better

DIEHARD
03-04-13, 08:19 AM
Gold Coast Titans forward Ashley Harrison must pass cognitive test before he can play against Brisbane on Friday night

TITAN Ashley Harrison is proof of why bans for concussion in rugby league should become mandatory.

Queensland Origin forward Harrison (below) wanted to play last Sunday after being knocked out by a Richie Fa'aoso shoulder charge, but was banned by club doctor Paul Ohmsen.

Harrison suffered no headaches, no memory loss and no symptoms in the days after he was flattened.

"I felt within myself I was fine to play, but obviously he is the one with all the experience in that area and I had to take his advice," Harrison said.

"I was pretty lucky. I was fine, I didn't have any ill-effects.

"I was pretty clear in the head, but you know the doc was adamant pretty much on the Sunday that I wasn't going to play just from the severity of the head knock, and the bit of whiplash and then the head hitting the ground as well.

"I don't like them (the concussion rule), because I missed a game. But they're obviously there for a reason."

Harrison must still pass a cognitive test to play Brisbane on Friday night, while centre Brad Takairangi must pass a fitness test on his hamstring.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/

DIEHARD
03-04-13, 08:19 AM
Hope Ash lines up against his former former former club. Adds to the theatre of it all.

K2G
03-04-13, 08:59 AM
He's always been like that.

Michaels cops some dirt on here but his hitups are alot better

:laugh:

We must not be watching the same sport?
Even if that were true, which I have a hard time accepting that anyone would actually believe, hit ups are hardly the most important aspect of a wingers job, certainly not ahead of picking up the ball to score without falling over it like a clown.

Each to their own and all, but KG's just warming up fellas...

DIEHARD
03-04-13, 09:16 AM
It was great to see Kevin Gordon bag a double against the Panthers.

DIEHARD
03-04-13, 09:26 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/531979_10151402456128074_1447537966_n.jpg

K2G
03-04-13, 09:35 AM
I wish this magazine could be bought for android devices on the app store like RLW, as I'd dearly love to read that article.

TITAN PETE
03-04-13, 09:37 AM
Thats a great shot & the size difference looks about right too :D

DavidBouveng
03-04-13, 10:05 AM
:laugh:

We must not be watching the same sport?
Even if that were true, which I have a hard time accepting that anyone would actually believe, hit ups are hardly the most important aspect of a wingers job, certainly not ahead of picking up the ball to score without falling over it like a clown.

Each to their own and all, but KG's just warming up fellas...

It is very possible that we are watching a different.

Hit ups are very close to a modern wingers most important job. They start the sets and the best teams wingers get there sets going forward better than the rest.

I do agree it seems KG is in for better year than last year though

Titanic
03-04-13, 10:07 AM
Have we all forgotten that Harrison owes Prince a broken nose from the All Stars game?

K2G
03-04-13, 10:45 AM
Hit ups are very close to a modern wingers most important job. They start the sets and the best teams wingers get there sets going forward better than the rest.

If that's the case, we may as well have dave taylor and minichello on the wings?

I agree that getting wingers to start sets off is a good strategy employed by the best teams, but you can hardly expect them to be breaking through the line with the same frequency as bigger men.

I know stats don't tell the whole story, but if you compare the hit ups and run meters of Gordon and Mead, Gordon has made more meters per run than Mead (and Michaels) has over the first four rounds. He has 2 less line breaks than mead (1 vs 3) despite scoring the same amount of tries (3 a piece). He is well above the league average for amount of hitups taken and meters gained. I just don't see where the complaints are coming from i guess...

Hail Sezer
03-04-13, 10:48 AM
If that's the case, we may as well have dave taylor and minichello on the wings?

I agree that getting wingers to start sets off is a good strategy employed by the best teams, but you can hardly expect them to be breaking through the line with the same frequency as bigger men.

I know stats don't tell the whole story, but if you compare the hit ups and run meters of Gordon and Mead, Gordon has made more meters per run than Mead (and Michaels) has over the first four rounds. He has 2 less line breaks than mead (1 vs 3) despite scoring the same amount of tries (3 a piece). He is well above the league average for amount of hitups taken and meters gained. I just don't see where the complaints are coming from i guess...

If we're gonna start talking stats then it's interesting to note that Josh Mansour has the 5th most hitups in the NRL with 49, behind Gallen, Tolmen, Merrin and Myles. He's one of the most in form wingers in the game and tore us to shreds in the weekend.

K2G
03-04-13, 11:27 AM
If we're gonna start talking stats then it's interesting to note that Josh Mansour has the 5th most hitups in the NRL with 49, behind Gallen, Tolmen, Merrin and Myles. He's one of the most in form wingers in the game and tore us to shreds in the weekend.

haha! wow. that's got to be a statistical anomaly. Can't be very often that a team's leading hitup man, is their winger? It probably speaks more to the fact that penrith have been trapped in their own end, or camped on opposition try lines (to little avail) more than most. I can't see other coaches reading this stat and berating their wingers for not taking enough hitups per game, certainly not ours.

Ryan
03-04-13, 11:34 AM
Mansour is alot like Ken Sio for Parra, comes in and make alot of hitups to help out the forwards. Both of them used to make at least 20 runs every game last year. They were gold for my fantasy team.....

teke
03-04-13, 02:01 PM
I know stats don't tell the whole story, but if you compare the hit ups and run meters of Gordon and Mead, Gordon has made more meters per run than Mead (and Michaels) has over the first four rounds. He has 2 less line breaks than mead (1 vs 3) despite scoring the same amount of tries (3 a piece). He is well above the league average for amount of hitups taken and meters gained. I just don't see where the complaints are coming from i guess...My was, he looks totally unthreatening when hitting the line.

Coaster
03-04-13, 02:27 PM
The last thing we need is more forwards haha

Both our wingers have speed to burn, it gives us a great advantage, as defenders have to hold there line and not condense, yet our big forwards keep pulling them in, the only way to beat teams like Melbourne IMO.

KG like every other player in the team i expect to keep getting better, he has key things suited to him, such as beating defenders ect. But you dont discard one of the best young local players in our team because he needs a little work.

The best teams are as loyal to the players as they expect the players to be in the team. And to me, It is more important how the team gels as a unit then it is about a few drop balls ect. And guys like KG and Meady are part of the culture of this team.

And if i had anything to do with the team, i would drop a player faster for dissing a team mate then anything else. Regardless of talent.

teke
03-04-13, 02:45 PM
And if i had anything to do with the team, i would drop a player faster for dissing a team mate then anything else. Regardless of talent.Who's doing that?

TITAN PETE
03-04-13, 03:13 PM
Titans chase NRL respect against Broncos
By Ed Jackson
AAP
Wed 03rd April, 12:35pm

Gold Coast are determined to put cocky NRL rivals Brisbane firmly in their place on Friday night.

The Titans go into the south-east Queensland derby against the Broncos on the back of a three-game winning streak.

That run has lifted the Titans up to fourth on the ladder, well above the ninth-placed Broncos who have just one win to their name in 2013.

Centre Jamal Idris feels the Titans suffer in comparison to their northern neighbours and the team is set on showing they have no insecurities about taking on the more storied Broncos.

"It's a genuine rivalry," the former Canterbury star said.

"We had it with the Bulldogs against Parramatta as well but up here Brisbane always seem to think they're better than you.

"Seeing that they're the older club, they seem to think Gold Coast comes second.

"We go out there to prove it's not that every time we play against them."

Friday's clash has a particular edge to it given former Titans skipper Scott Prince, who left the club to join Brisbane in the off-season, will be making his return to Skilled Park.

While Titans players still regard Prince as a good friend off the field, it appears there will be little love on it for the former favourite.

Titans' enforcer Greg Bird has already suggested he'll be targeting his former teammate's defence in the game.

And co-captain Nate Myles backed up Bird's claim, saying big boppers like Bird, Idris and Dave Taylor could be set upon Prince.

"We've got a few big boys on the edge and a few big boys in the middle," Myles said.

"We'll have to hold the ball to be able to get to him and we'll work off that."

teke
03-04-13, 03:26 PM
ATM the Titans could be classed as the Cocky ones, oh well...

Have we ever been favs v the Donkeys?

TITAN PETE
03-04-13, 03:27 PM
ATM the Titans could be classed as the Cocky ones, oh well...

Have we ever been favs v the Donkeys?

Not in the Donkeys eye's :rolleyes:

TITAN PETE
03-04-13, 04:26 PM
Titans v Broncos preview
By Nicholas Janzen,
NRL.com
Wed 03rd April, 4:15pm

Titans v Broncos
Skilled Park
Friday, 7.35pm (Qld)

What has happened to rugby league in Queensland? Is it operating in a parallel universe? Somehow the Titans ? strugglers the past two seasons ? are now the Sunshine State?s No.1 team? and this week they?re chasing four straight victories for the first time since 2009 when they meet their usual ?big brother? the Broncos.

That?s right ? the Broncos and Cowboys are trailing the Gold Coast on the NRL premiership ladder, and the Titans? gap on their local siblings could be extended if the Broncos don?t put up one heck of a fight on Friday night.

Brisbane have, however, showed signs of life at Red Hill, with last week?s courageous performance against the Melbourne Storm (a 32-26 loss) indicative of the self-belief and talent that exists at the club ? even though they?ve won just one match this season, against the Dragons in Round 2. Could last week?s gutsy performance kick-start their season and catapult them back into the winners? circle?

The Titans are the NRL?s most improved team so far this season following victories against the Panthers, Sea Eagles and Raiders, and a close loss to the emotion-charged Sharks in Round 1. All signs are good for the Gold Coast?s fans, particularly following an off-season when their star playmaker Scott Prince headed to the Broncos and they were left pondering the direction of the club.

Titans coach John Cartwright has named an extended 19-man squad in the build-up to Friday night?s blockbuster. Lock Ashley Harrison (concussion) and centre Brad Takairangi (hamstring) have both been named to return from injury after missing last weekend?s 28-10 win over the Panthers at Centrebet Stadium. Utility Luke O?Dwyer and centre Steve Michaels have again been included as cover on an extended six-man bench after helping the team to the win against Penrith.

The Broncos, meanwhile, have produced a couple of shocks. While Justin Hodges was always going to return from injury, the names ?Sam Thaiday? and ?Josh Hoffman? were not expected to be seen on team sheets this early. Thaiday will fight a contrary conduct charge at the judiciary in Sydney on Wednesday night, and he?ll play if he wins. Hoffman, meanwhile, was expected to be out for at least a few weeks, but his ankle complaint has settled down quickly. David Stagg?s return from a medial ligament injury he suffered last week is still indefinite, as is winger Jharal Yow Yeh?s comeback.

Watch Out Titans: The Broncos, it would seem, are just getting warmed up. Last week?s performance against the premiers Melbourne was their best of 2013, and while they didn?t win they showed the courage and skills that?ll challenge most teams in the competition. Against the Storm ? regarded as the NRL?s best defending unit ? Brisbane scored their highest number of points this season (26), while dominating line-breaks (6-4), completions (81 per cent compared with 77 per cent) and tallying fewer missed tackles (19 to 25). All signs are pointing to an improved performance once again this week.

Watch Out Broncos: The Titans are on the rise ? and they?re proving particularly tough at home so far in 2013. After a poor showing at Skilled Park in 2012 when the home side won just four of 12 matches, the Gold Coast are determined to convert their Robina base into a fortress ? and they?ve started this season in the best possible fashion by smashing the Raiders and pipping the Sea Eagles. Will they bruise the Broncos this week? Don?t expect the home side to concede many points ? opposition teams have scored an average of just seven points a game at Skilled Park in 2013.

Plays To Watch: The Titans looking to pop a pass ? they rank equal top for offloads with 14.5 per match; Broncos fullback Corey Norman chiming into the backline after shifts from Scott Prince and Peter Wallace; Jamal Idris and David Mead charging full speed on the right-hand side of the field off the passing of Albert Kelly ? they caused havoc last weekend against Penrith; Brisbane moving the ball right to left ? their left side scored each of their five tries last weekend against Melbourne.

Key Match-Up: It?s quite literally master v apprentice here ? former Titans hero Scott Prince up against the man he mentored last season, Aidan Sezer.

Prince wanted to stay at the Gold Coast but when the Broncos offered him a two-year deal they were prepared to let him go. Now the Titans? playmaking responsibilities rest with Sezer and livewire Albert Kelly ? a combination most experts wrote off at the start of the season ? and that 6 and 7 combo has helped the Gold Coast to equal third on the competition ladder.

Sezer?s Titans have won three from four and Prince?s Broncos have won just one from four ? expect the former Queensland and Australian halfback to raise his game a notch or two here.

Where It Will Be Won: Big games are won in the forwards, and it?ll prove no different here. So far this season, both teams? runs of form can be attributed to their forward packs and their ability to march through the centre of the field and provide attacking room for their playmakers and outside backs.

So far this season, the Titans have proven impressive metre-eaters, gaining an average of 1473 metres per match (second in the NRL), conceding just 1301.5 (seventh) in the process. The Broncos, meanwhile, have poorer records on both fronts ? and it?s a primary reason for their dismal start to the year. They?ve gained an average of just 1265.5 metres per match (12th in the NRL), conceding 1372.8. When you work out the maths, it?s a difference of almost 210 metres per game between these two sides ? and a hell of a lot more attacking opportunities for the Titans!

If the Broncos are steamrolled as the Gold Coast forwards march downfield, they?ll be driving back to Brisbane having suffered another defeat.

The History: Played 13; Broncos 9, Titans 4. The Titans won the last time these sides met but before that the Broncos strung together a run of six meetings dating back to 2009. The record is two games apiece at Skilled Park.

Match Officials: Referees ? Shayne Hayne & Alan Shortall; Sideline Officials ? Jeff Younis & Chris Butler; Video Referees ? Bernard Sutton & Justin Morgan.

Televised: Channel Nine ? Live 7.30pm (Qld), delayed 9.30pm (NSW); Fox Sports ? Delayed 1am.

The Way We See It: This could well prove the match of the round ? little brother Gold Coast up against the might of the Broncos. We tip Brisbane ? on the back of an influential performance by former Titan Scott Prince ? by seven points in a low-scoring affair.

TITAN PETE
03-04-13, 04:36 PM
Titans v Broncos preview
By Nicholas Janzen,
NRL.com
Wed 03rd April, 4:15pm

The Way We See It: This could well prove the match of the round ? little brother Gold Coast up against the might of the Broncos. We tip Brisbane ? on the back of an influential performance by former Titan Scott Prince ? by seven points in a low-scoring affair.

We still are not being taken seriously by some :rolleyes: but this is the same NRL Writer that calls Titans under 20 hooker Zach Friend "The younger Brother" of Warriors Nathan Friend :surprise: , he doesn't have any brothers :laugh:

DIEHARD
03-04-13, 05:09 PM
THEY TIP BRONCOS?!??! FFS!!!

DIEHARD
03-04-13, 05:10 PM
We still are not being taken seriously by some :rolleyes: but this is the same NRL Writer that calls Titans under 20 hooker Zach Friend "The younger Brother" of Warriors Nathan Friend :surprise: , he doesn't have any brothers :laugh:

Where they get these people I will never know. There have been a real clutch of clunkers over the last few years.

Coaster
03-04-13, 05:39 PM
Who's doing that?

Nobody I am aware of.
I just mean its a quality I never want to see. This team we have is special. But still need CANEI - Constant And Never Ending Improvement

gotitans101_
03-04-13, 07:13 PM
Thaiday lost his appeal tonight and will miss Friday night's game:

Broncos captain Sam Thaiday has been found guilty of handling referee Adam Devcich and will miss his team's clash against the Titans on Friday night.

Thaiday fronted the NRL judiciary in Sydney on Wednesday night charged with contrary conduct for grabbing the shirt of referee Devcich in Brisbane's loss to Melbourne last Friday.

Thaiday's legal team unsuccessfully argued that the Broncos captain was merely demonstrating how he was grabbed by Melbourne opponent Bryan Norrie when trying to exit a scrum.

Part of the defence included radio interviews from NRL referees boss Daniel Anderson saying that Thaiday did nothing outside the spirit of the game.

Thaiday receives a one-match suspension and will return for the round six game against the Cowboys at Lang Park on Friday week.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-03/thaiday-found-guilty-of-handling-referee/4608240

TITAN PETE
03-04-13, 07:14 PM
Thaiday found guilty now gets 2 weeks off :laugh:

TITAN PETE
03-04-13, 07:16 PM
Thaiday found guilty now gets 2 weeks off :laugh:

No it's only 1 week still :?)

TITAN PETE
03-04-13, 07:17 PM
Brisbane skipper Sam Thaiday has been banned for one game after being found guilty at the NRL judiciary of making contact with a referee.

The judiciary panel took less than two minutes to uphold the contrary conduct charge after Thaiday grabbed the jersey of referee Adam Devcich during last week's loss to Melbourne.

Thaiday had been remonstrating with Devcich after complaining that he was held back by the jersey at a scrum when Billy Slater ran away to score for the Storm.

The Broncos captain argued he had not acted contrary to the spirit of the game in making the contact, but was rather doing it to demonstrate what had happened at the scrum.

He admitted during the hearing he did not have to make contact with the referee.

His ban comes at the worst possible time for the Broncos, who are desperate to turn their season around after winning just one of their opening four games.

Thaiday will miss Friday night's derby against Gold Coast.

TITAN PETE
03-04-13, 07:20 PM
2 minutes :laugh: , an expensive quick trip for the poor Donkey :thumbsup:

DavidBouveng
03-04-13, 07:56 PM
Haha two minutes.

I am glad he is not going to play against us, but it is odd he gets a week, and Danny Buderus shoulder charges Blake fergusons eye and gets zero.

Doesn't make sense to me.

Titanic
03-04-13, 10:35 PM
And Michael Ennis continues to be a turd and gets nothing.

DIEHARD
04-04-13, 04:53 AM
Even the official Broncos twitter is having a cry about his suspension. Amateurs.

TITAN PETE
04-04-13, 08:18 AM
Gillett ready to show best against Titans
By Ben Blaschke,
NRL.com
Thu 04th April, 7:00am

They face another daunting task this weekend against the in-form Gold Coast but Broncos back-rower Matt Gillett believes he can go a long way towards getting Brisbane?s season back on track if he can win his one-on-one battle with Titans skipper Greg Bird.

While Gillett was surprisingly quiet in last week?s spirited yet heart-breaking loss to premiers Melbourne, Bird has been colossal for the Titans during their three-game winning run and will again play a key role against their Queensland rivals on Friday night.

And while the Gold Coast have looked lethal right across the park in 2013, Gillett believes shutting down Bird is the key to securing a much-needed win.

?I watched his game on the weekend against Penrith and what he?s doing at the moment ? he?s got everything in his game,? the 24-year-old told NRL.com. ?He is one of those danger players for us. He can come up with offloads, break the line, put in a cut-out pass, so he is a real danger ? and yeah, he is on my side of the field too so it will take a fair effort to control him.

?But I?m looking forward to that challenge.

?I think it is always a challenge to try and get over the top of your opposite players and that?s what we?re all looking to do as a team. I?m doing that on Greg this week and if we all manage to do that against our opposing players it will help out the whole team.?

The season is still young but already the Broncos are feeling the pinch with just one win from four games at a time of year when they are usually at their peak.

Conversely, a Gold Coast outfit that has finished well outside the top eight for the past two years is now looking like a genuine premiership threat on the back of some key personnel changes.

?It?s a huge game for us,? Gillett conceded. ?The Gold Coast have started the season really well. They?ve got some great halves running around there now and I think as a team they?re just working together a lot better. They?ve obviously worked really hard in the off-season with Albert Kelly being new to the halves and he has been a great asset to them.

?They like to offload the ball a lot, too. They?ve got their big props that bend the line and get an offload out so we need to control them in that middle.?

Despite consecutive losses to the Roosters and Storm, Gillett is adamant that Brisbane is back on track following their strong second-half showing against the premiers last week. Trailing 20-6 at the break, the Broncos stormed back to lead 22-20 at one stage before eventually falling 32-26.

?We?ll take a lot out of that game,? he said. ?The week before we didn?t score any points so I think we?re heading in the right direction going into this game against the Gold Coast.

?Melbourne is the best side in the comp at the moment and has been for several years now, so we take a lot out of it knowing that we can score points.

?We were disappointed with the way we finished the games against Manly and the Roosters after being right in it at half-time but we know what we?ve done wrong and we just need to fix our attitude in the games like we did against Melbourne. That?s our platform there ? the way we stood up against Melbourne ? and if we can do that every week we?ll be going alright.

?The thing for us now though is to actually start winning games. We can?t afford to be playing good footy but falling short like we did the other night. We need those wins to get the confidence out of it and build off that.?

Gillett rejected suggestions that this week?s clash against NSW certainty Greg Bird and the Titans could be viewed as a State of Origin trial, insisting he couldn?t afford to lose focus with the Broncos languishing in the bottom half of the table.

But he admitted his Maroons debut last season had changed his perspective heading into 2013.

?A bit of self-belief I suppose, it certainly gives you that,? he observed.

?It was a great experience to get out there on the paddock with those great players and see how they train and how consistent they are. I took a lot out of that side of things. Those guys are all pretty cool, calm and collected the way they run things, so just to experience it and to learn from those great leaders was a big thing for my footy.

?I was over the moon with last year ? but last year is last year now. I have to do it all again this year now and that?s my main focus.?

Rage
04-04-13, 08:33 AM
Do you guys think this will be a low scoring game like the preview suggests or a massive blowout in points like the Broncos-Storm game?

Toads
04-04-13, 09:04 AM
I'm guessing it'll be fairly low scoring in the First half. Then if we wear em down, we might be able to put a few more points on them in the Second half. I'd say us by 12 (Donkeys 10 - Titans 22).

Though I can hear the Donkey Supporters now. Using the excuse of Thaiday's one week suspension for the loss, and how they were robbed. :laugh:

Mr Stupid
04-04-13, 09:16 AM
Do you guys think this will be a low scoring game like the preview suggests or a massive blowout in points like the Broncos-Storm game?

Looks like the going might be wet. Perhaps a grind. Dont mind that too much.

Smakked
04-04-13, 09:34 AM
How are ticket sales looking for this game?

Sydney Titans Fanatic
04-04-13, 01:11 PM
TITANS boss David May says he hopes there will be no animosity towards Scott Prince as the playmaker heads for an emotional return to the Gold Coast tomorrow night.
Prince will play at Skilled Park with the Broncos for the first time since the messy split with the Titans five months ago.
The half's exit remains the most bitter contractual saga in the Titans' short history.
The former Titans skipper believes the club blindsided him by negotiating a release with Hull without his knowledge before the halfback returned serve, brokering a comeback with derby rivals Brisbane.
Skilled was Prince's personal playground for five years but tomorrow the 33-year-old hopes to fire up his second coming at the Broncos after a slow start to the season.
Prince was a foundation Titan and had planned to finish his career at the club but May defended the treatment of their popular ex-skipper as he plots the Coast's downfall tomorrow.
"It will be emotional for a lot of people," May said.
"I certainly hope there is no animosity towards Scott, but he won't get an easy ride.
"You are in two minds - you want him to be respected for the contribution he made but by the same token, I want our supporters getting behind our team.
"I imagine it will be quite emotional for Princey as well because he was such a big part of setting up this club. There were a lot of emotions at the time and a lot of people said we did the wrong thing by Scott."
Prince was seething when the Titans tried to offload him but May says the pair have since had amicable dialogue.
"We've exchanged a few texts," May said.
"I had only just arrived at the club (as CEO), so we didn't get a chance to form a close relationship. He was all right. It was certainly nothing negative.
"I think everybody would have preferred the matter be sorted out behind closed doors, but when the leak came from Hull, that made it very difficult.
"I'd like to think Scott is happy at the Broncos, he has a new career and a new spot at five-eighth."
Broncos utility Alex Glenn expects Prince to receive a hostile reception at Skilled.
"They will target him for sure," Glenn said.
"They have a huge pack and poor old Princey is only a little fella. He knows they will be running at him so our forwards will have to put their shoulder in front and protect him as much as we can.
broncos.com.au

Titanic
04-04-13, 01:22 PM
The saintly Donkeys handing out compliments and trying to keep it "friendly" ... not one person from Tassie to TI is fooled by that ... fark them and their bs ... anything short of a bloodbath would be a travesty.

Tamwelg
04-04-13, 01:27 PM
@toddbalym: Titans look like being 1-17 so Harrison, Takairangi & Srama all passed final training session.

Boofhead
04-04-13, 01:29 PM
@toddbalym: Titans look like being 1-17 so Harrison, Takairangi & Srama all passed final training session.

**** yes.

DIEHARD
04-04-13, 01:55 PM
Back to full strength!

hammer
04-04-13, 04:19 PM
What time is kickoff (Queensland time)?

a_guest
04-04-13, 06:15 PM
What time is kickoff (Queensland time)?

7:35pm

hammer
04-04-13, 07:18 PM
Thanks a_guest...will be traveling from Northern NSW so need to get the timing right...hate to be out by an hour! #whenisqldgettingdaylightsaving...again!

karnage
04-04-13, 07:57 PM
How are ticket sales looking for this game?

This is what I want to know.

TITAN PETE
04-04-13, 08:40 PM
This is what I want to know.

It was 22k earlier this arvo

Sydney Titans Fanatic
04-04-13, 08:46 PM
Triple boost for Titans as Harrison, Srama and Takairangi prove fitness

The Gold Coast Titans have received a boost before their Friday night clash against Brisbane with Ashley Harrison, Matt Srama and Brad Takairangi all cleared to play. Takairangi (hamstring) and Harrison (concussion) missed last week's win against Penrith, while Srama has been battling a shoulder injury.
The Broncos welcome back centre Justin Hodges, who hasn't played since injuring his hamstring in round two against the Dragons.
David Klemmer will drop off Canterbury's bench, while Sea Eagles fullback Brett Stewart has a minor hamstring injury but will play.
The Sharks will be without Todd Carney for two weeks, with coach Shane Flanagan promoting Chad Townsend to partner Jeff Robson in the halves against Parramatta on Saturday night.
Advertisement
The Cowboys are yet to finalise their side for their clash against Penrith. There is a suggestion Robert Lui could replace Michael Morgan at halfback.
Warriors prop Jacob Lillyman (ankle) is in doubt for Sunday's game against Souths in Auckland, with Russell Packer a chance of returning from a biceps injury for his first game of the year. Dane Nielsen (rib cartilage), Ben Henry (concussion) and Kevin Locke (concussion) are also in doubt.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/triple-boost-for-titans-as-harrison-srama-and-takairangi-prove-fitness-20130404-2h9r0.html#ixzz2PUDiEGTQ

Sydney Titans Fanatic
04-04-13, 08:50 PM
Cartwright urges Titans fans to respect Prince

Gold Coast coach John Cartwright is expecting Titans fans to treat former captain Scott Prince with respect when he returns to Skilled Park with Brisbane on Friday night.

Brisbane signed Prince late last year after his falling out with Gold Coast, who initiated negotiations to offload him to Super League club Hull without his permission.

Despite five years on the Gold Coast Prince is expecting a hostile reception from both Titans' players and fans but Cartwright said his former half-back has earned the respect of Titans' fans.

"He was a great player for the club and did a lot for the club," Cartwright told reporters on Thursday.

"We want our fans to get behind us that goes without saying but I'm sure there will be nothing disrespectful."

Cartwright admitted his side will try to put Prince under pressure as they would for any half-back.

"Half-backs are under pressure no matter who you play for," he said.

"There will be no particular focus on one player. It's something we haven't done in our first four rounds and we are not going to start ths week."

Giant forward Dave Taylor and enforcer Greg Bird will attack Prince's edge in a bid to work him over but the likes of 110kg-plus Ryan James and Jamal Idris could also head his way at some stage.

Former Titans team-mate Ashley Harrison stressed the players had no hard feelings towards their former playmaker.

He could not guarantee Prince's at-times suspect defence would not be well tested by a flood of heavyweight runners.

"Princey's a great mate to a lot of us here and we're glad he's got a start up there and him and his family are happy," said Harrison, who has recovered from concussion to take his place in the derby clash.

"I suppose the boys on the edges will have to dictate what they do there but I'm sure Princey will be doing a bit of extra tackling practice this week."

Alex Glenn, who'll assume the Brisbane captaincy reins from suspended forward Sam Thaiday, said Prince was prepared for his former teammates to try to "get him" on Friday night.

"Our forwards will have to make sure they do all they can to protect him," said Glenn, who has a 3-2 captaincy record.

"Princey has worked overtime on his defence all week anticipating what is coming."

Brisbane coach Anthony Griffin confirmed Scott Anderson would fill Thaiday's front-row spot with young Dave Hala playing his first game this season off the bench.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-04/cartwright-urges-titans-fans-to-respect-their-former-prince/4610142?section=sport

Titanic
04-04-13, 09:08 PM
A week's work should fix a lifetime of failings.

DavidBouveng
04-04-13, 09:08 PM
David May just tweeted that Eastern and western stands are full... Northern stand to go.... Bring it on!!!!

Mexican titan
04-04-13, 09:26 PM
David May just tweeted that Eastern and western stands are full... Northern stand to go.... Bring it on!!!!

DB, obviously David M would be in the best position to advise however I just checked Ticketek and they are selling bays 2 and 9 on the western side. Bay 9 would be just about the last of the Titanium category but if they are selling bay 2 which is Gold, I assume Bay 1 is still largely unsold. They are selling the lower rows of bays 2&9 which indicates there are plenty of seats still available.
They are only back as row 25 in the visitor bay (south end). The bay on the northern end behind the Legion is pretty full.

teke
04-04-13, 10:07 PM
David May just tweeted that Eastern and western stands are full... Northern stand to go.... Bring it on!!!!so 12 k bronco fans to 10k titans

Titanic
05-04-13, 01:39 AM
doesn't matter what the ratio is as long as that's not the score.

DIEHARD
05-04-13, 06:32 AM
Wow. Based on Pete and DBs news. We might sell out or go close!

DIEHARD
05-04-13, 06:47 AM
Carty tells halves to keep it simple

CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO (http://www.titans.com.au/news-display/titans/71586)

iSelect Titans head coach John Cartwright has implored his young halves to stick with what's been working for them in recent weeks, in a bid to ensure the duo are not overawed by the big match atmosphere in tomorrow nights blockbuster against the Broncos.

Cartwright said he's content with the development of the Aidan Sezer and Albert Kelly combination, and he's asked the halves to keep things simple ahead of the big local derby.

The Titans halves will come up against a former Titans playmaker when Scott Prince returns to Skilled Park for the first time, but Titans Co-Captain Greg Bird says it will be business as usual and there will be no specific plans in place for the former Titan.

Titans TV spoke to Cartwright on the eve of the blockbuster local

TITAN PETE
05-04-13, 07:48 AM
BRONCOS coach Anthony Griffin says Scott Prince expects to be terrorised by the Titans' 120kg Dave Taylor in tonight's grudge match at Skilled Park.

Prince makes an emotional return to the Gold Coast for the first time since the messy contractual saga that led to the former Titans skipper's departure five months ago.

And Prince is bracing for a torrid reception, with Titans interchange weapon Taylor and backrow enforcer Greg Bird set to target the Broncos five-eighth in defence.

Fellow big men Ryan James and Jamal Idris are also expected to torment the playmaker they protected in the Titans' defensive line last season.

Griffin is mindful of the hype surrounding Prince's return to Skilled Park, but says the Broncos will not be caught out by any attempt to intimidate the former Test halfback.

"Every half has to cop some heat in the modern game," Griffin said.

"It has been happening for years now, and whether we are playing the Titans or the Roosters or the Storm, he (Prince) is going to have to deal with people running at him.

"That is not a surprise to us just because we are playing the Titans."

Prince has had an indifferent start in his second coming at the Broncos, but Griffin believes a showdown with the Titans could be the spark that ignites the 33-year-old.

"Obviously there will be some fanfare about him going back to the Titans, but over the last few weeks he's been building into our team and it gives him an opportunity tomorrow night again to do that," Griffin said.

"I just want him to play his role and get his job done. If he's got something extra there, that's up to him."

In the absence of suspended skipper Sam Thaiday, Kiwi utility Alex Glenn will captain the side, with Scott Anderson to start at prop and hulking forward David Hala to be an interchange player.

The Broncos face a daunting assignment after three losses, and Griffin challenged his side to take the fight to a Titans side flying high in fourth spot.

While the loss of Thaiday is a blow, the Broncos will be boosted by the return of strike centre Justin Hodges.

"We've got an opportunity as a club to show some depth and the guys coming in like David Hala, he's been there before so it's an opportunity for him to do something for us now," Griffin said.

"I don't want to keep talking about Sammy, but we haven't lost any confidence with that. It would be nice to have him there but they are a strong group of players and they perform for each other.

"It doesn't bother me if we are underdogs; it's always a passionate clash and something both clubs look forward to."

The path for Josh Dugan's return to the NRL is clearing, but nobody knows how long it might be. NRL chief executive David Smith left the door ajar for Dugan's registration, but also revealed no club had made a formal request to register a new contract for the sacked ex-Raider.

Peter Badel
Courier Mail
April 4 2013

DIEHARD
05-04-13, 08:00 AM
I'll have my binoculars trained on Prince for much of the night.

DIEHARD
05-04-13, 08:22 AM
Friday: Scattered showers about the coast and hinterland, becoming isolated in the afternoon. Isolated showers elsewhere. Moderate to fresh SE winds, strong and gusty at times about the coast.

DIEHARD
05-04-13, 08:26 AM
Any news on Hodges? Will he play?

TITAN PETE
05-04-13, 10:33 AM
Any news on Hodges? Will he play?

Late mail

Titans v Broncos

TITANS: Luke O'Dwyer and Steve Michaels will drop off the interchange bench.

BRONCOS: Scott Anderson comes into the starting team in place of suspended Sam Thaiday and Alex Glenn will take up the captaincy. Justin Hodges has been cleared and is expected to play.

DIEHARD
05-04-13, 11:51 AM
OK so next question, is he playing with injury?

isaiah
05-04-13, 12:11 PM
doesn't matter what the ratio is as long as that's not the score.why does it not matter. you should have a crowd advantage in your own home

DIEHARD
05-04-13, 12:22 PM
If we can match it with the Manly fans we can dominate the Broncos fans.

Performance on the field matters though when it comes to crowd impact.

DIEHARD
05-04-13, 12:38 PM
Game day info. http://www.titans.com.au/gameday-info

Good initiative from Titans. Getting the essential info out there.

DIEHARD
05-04-13, 12:39 PM
Game Times
Gates Open: 5.15pm
NYC Kick Off: 5.20pm
NRL Kick Off: 7.35pm

DIEHARD
05-04-13, 12:44 PM
Titans brace for Broncos barrage

After six years, Queensland?s hunters have become the hunted. ?Little brother? the Gold Coast have become target no.1 north of the border now they?re the leading Sunshine State team ? and co-captain Nate Myles knows it.

The giant prop and his teammates are ready for an onslaught in the local Queensland derby when the Titans meet the Broncos, who pushed Melbourne to their limits last week, in the blockbuster at Skilled Park on Friday night.

?I?ve been in a couple of them now and they?re the best games and the most fun to be a part of when the crowd gets behind you,? Myles, named the world?s best second-rower by the Rugby League International Federation last year, tells NRL.com.

?I?m really enjoying the M1 rivalry if you call it that, and we?re going to have to play good to beat these guys. There?s no getting around it. They?re not far off putting in a terrific performance and the second half of last week was a clear indication of that.?

After half-a-dozen years of NRL assimilation, the Titans want to be regarded as Queensland?s top team and claim their first NRL title, too. They currently sit above their banana-bending neighbours in fourth position, with the Broncos in ninth position and the Cowboys in 14th. The Gold Coast know, though, they?ll need to improve if they?re to consolidate their spot in the top eight, extend their winning run to four matches and entertain any thought of finals football.

Last week they defeated the Panthers in Sydney ? although they were well below their best in a range of categories in the 18-point victory.

?We want to keep winning but more importantly we want to keep on improving,? admits Myles, whose side conceded 144 metres more than they gained against Penrith.

?I think last week was a bit of a step back in terms of where we want to be. We want to be known for our defence and it wasn?t up to speed on the weekend.?

Their opponents this week, the Broncos ? the Goliath of Queensland rugby league and a six-time premiership-winning club ? have started the season poorly with just one win from four matches. They?re desperate to rectify their 2013 record and get bragging rights over their down-state rivals ? particularly five-eighth Scott Prince who was let go by the Titans at the end of last season. The former Queensland and Australian halfback?s battle with his former club adds extra spice to an already tasty rugby league Friday night feast.

Broncos coach Anthony Griffin, though, stressed Prince?s personal vendetta was not something his team would dwell on in the lead up to kick-off.

?It?s a big occasion for [Prince] to just keep building in our team no matter who we?re playing,? Griffin said. ?Obviously there?ll be some fanfare with him going back to the Titans, but over the last few weeks he?s been building into our team and it gives him another opportunity to do that tomorrow night.

?Everyone will want to make out that he?s the big story going back to the Titans but it?s a game of football and he?s just got to play his role for us.

?I just want him to play his role and get his job done. If he?s got something extra there... well, that?s up to him.?

Griffin says his star recruit ? who shifted to the Broncos after being offered a two-year deal ? will be ready for the challenge the Gold Coast?s forward pack sends his way. He?s not worried about his playmaker?s defence against the likes of rampaging forwards Myles and representative teammates Greg Bird, Ashley Harrison and David Taylor, to name just a few.

?Every [halfback or five-eighth] is going to cop some heat in the modern game ? it?s been like that for years now,? Griffin says.

?Whether he?s facing the Titans, the Roosters or the Storm, he?s going to have to deal with people running at him so that?s not a surprise to us just because we?re playing the Titans.?

The Broncos? coach, who has led his team to the Preliminary Finals and the Quarter Finals in his first two years at the helm of the club, says the Titans present a huge challenge for his team.

?They?re going terrific,? Griffin observes. ?They?ve blown some teams off the park with their attack, and their defence is very sound too. They?re not letting many points in and they don?t have too many injuries ? they?re at full strength ? and they?re a big side. They?re one of the form sides of the competition at the moment.?

Titans coach John Cartwright isn?t worried about his team being overexcited about greeting their former captain on the field ? and giving him a taste of life playing against the Gold Coast.

?They play against ex-players all the time ? it?s not a big deal now, when 20 years ago it was major deal,? Cartwright says.

?We?re not focusing on that at all. It?s about us doing our jobs right as we?ve done in the first four weeks of the competition ? if we move away from that and worry about that our performances are going to suffer.?

Lock Harrison paid credit to his new playmaker Albert Kelly ? who slotted into the position Prince left vacant ? who has done an exceptional job since taking over at the start of the season.

?Albie?s been great,? Harrison said of his journeyman halfback who?s also had stints at the Knights and Eels but only played NRL at Cronulla.

?He?s a class act and he?s done all the right stuff for us this year. His head?s in the right place and if he can continue that and keep working hard he?s going to be great for us this year.?

http://www.nrl.com/

Titanic
05-04-13, 12:58 PM
why does it not matter. you should have a crowd advantage in your own home

Sure but we have a history to eradicate before we are back to the old fortress ... the win is everything tonight in attracting back those fans who gave us that majority in the past ... if we can match the Brisso's in numbers then great but the rub is that they paid us to be there.

gothabull
05-04-13, 01:09 PM
it will be a good atmospere biggest crowd ive been too at skilled i have butterflys already just cracking a homebrew and we have gold seats so awsome !
:drinkies:

TITAN PETE
05-04-13, 01:11 PM
OK so next question, is he playing with injury?

Lets hope he's injured before fulltime from big Taka & Jamma beating the crap out of him :D

Tamwelg
05-04-13, 01:28 PM
Just made a trip to Brissy and back to pick up done stuff for work and MMM are really plugging this game. Almost every gap between songs they are mentioning it in some form or another. This is one of the games I look forward to every year. I can't wait.

Surfers66
05-04-13, 02:31 PM
For the first time in the history of our derbies with Brisbane -

THE BRONCOS ARE SHTTING THEMSELVES>

Go Titans - 26 -6

Titanic
05-04-13, 03:12 PM
We have a national holiday here and I suggest you blokes should have one too ... the bbq is primed, the beer is chilling and I'm wearing my lucky jocks, inside out and back to front, as you should.

Mexican titan
05-04-13, 03:19 PM
Just bought some tx for mates. Pax 20,604. Looks like we should get about 22,000.

DIEHARD
05-04-13, 04:16 PM
Ya I noticed the same Tam. Triple M doing great promoting the Derby. Helps with ticket sales and ratings. I'm excited. Now at Harbour Town enjoying the sight of many Titans and Broncos jerseys.

DIEHARD
05-04-13, 05:54 PM
Lots of Titans and Broncos fans down at Robina. Fonna catch the bus up soon. Save the walk. Should be a live cross on Nine News featuring Broncos and Titans fans.

Steve
05-04-13, 06:03 PM
Can't make the game, will have to make do with yelling at the telly.

Here's hoping we put 50 on 'em!

DavidBouveng
05-04-13, 06:27 PM
Just bought some tx for mates. Pax 20,604. Looks like we should get about 22,000.

What is PAX,

How accurate?

hatchy84
05-04-13, 06:53 PM
Why is sezar out bird 2 5/8 Taylor starts Michael's bench

teke
05-04-13, 06:57 PM
Why is sezar out bird 2 5/8 Taylor starts Michael's benchYou better be stirring mate :fight:

hatchy84
05-04-13, 07:22 PM
I wish I was Choppy close said on ten news

hatchy84
05-04-13, 07:26 PM
Strained his hammy kicking goals yesterday

Hail Sezer
05-04-13, 07:27 PM
****. sezer out. dammit.

hatchy84
05-04-13, 07:30 PM
Can Kelly goal kick otherwise who do we have

Rage
05-04-13, 07:31 PM
Oh great.....

Boofhead
05-04-13, 07:37 PM
Taka can kick.

Chaos
05-04-13, 07:40 PM
Can Kelly goal kick otherwise who do we have

I'm more concerned about our general kicking game...Sezer was giving us great field position.
Added 5th tackle responsibility to Kelly might focus away from his attack.

teke
05-04-13, 07:40 PM
Bird to 5/8 for the first 20 mins then Zilly comes in...Magic to FB from then on :banana:

Titanic
05-04-13, 07:42 PM
not at short notice ... who's come in to the bench?

decentrix
05-04-13, 07:43 PM
Cry Face!!!
Going to be a tough game now.

K2G
Bird to 5/8 for the first 20 mins then Zilly comes in...Magic to FB from then on :banana:

That would explain Michaels on the bench!

1 William Zillman
2 Kevin Gordon
3 Brad Takairangi
4 Jamal Idris
5 David Mead
11 Greg Bird
7 Albert Kelly
8 Luke Douglas
9 Matt Srama
10 Nate Myles
14 David Taylor
12 Ben Ridge
13 Ashley Harrison

Interchange

15 Luke Bailey
16 Ryan James
17 Beau Falloon
20 Steve Michaels

Chaos

Teke, do you think they trained enough for such changes?

Titanic
05-04-13, 07:44 PM
oh fark Micahels

hatchy84
05-04-13, 07:45 PM
Think bird will be great good to see Taylor from the get go

gotitans101_
05-04-13, 08:04 PM
Changing my tip to the Broncos, sorry guys.

Steve
05-04-13, 08:05 PM
I think Gordon, Srama and Taka can kick goals, so we've got that covered.

Definite kicking game disadvantage, but we can still win! :thumbsup:

gotitans101_
05-04-13, 08:15 PM
I'd seriously rather Zilly at 5/8 than Bird. Mead to FB and Michaels to the wing.

teke
05-04-13, 08:15 PM
Teke, do you think they trained enough for such changes?everyday

Titanic
05-04-13, 08:18 PM
no zilly in halves please

hatchy84
05-04-13, 08:30 PM
We all know zillman can't play in the halves

decentrix
05-04-13, 08:38 PM
Well waterhouse still has the tips in our favour!

Steve
05-04-13, 08:58 PM
Not a great start, but so long as we keep holding them out, it'll set us up for later in the game.

Hail Sezer
05-04-13, 08:59 PM
**** yes alby you magician. love it!!

Steve
05-04-13, 09:00 PM
Okay, so THAT was a great start! Brilliant try from Kelly!

amaline
**** yes alby you magician. love it!!

KELLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Titanic
ordinary start ... but great try

Titanic
05-04-13, 09:06 PM
each week we've looked susceptible with our short defence and that's what happens

Titanic
05-04-13, 09:18 PM
Fallon the sneak ... good fight back

Titanic
05-04-13, 09:21 PM
that's really poor defence

Hail Sezer
05-04-13, 09:22 PM
That side is causing all kind of problems

Titanic
05-04-13, 09:31 PM
Good half ... our right side compressed defence is really ordinary ... stay on your wing Mead and make the others defend one on one.

teke
05-04-13, 09:31 PM
Broncos sticking to good plan and its working well for them.

Game hasn't reached any great heights ATM

isaiah
05-04-13, 09:32 PM
broncs will win this and the turning point was after the falloon try when the broncs forwards lifted the intensity and the titans couldn't go with them

teke
05-04-13, 09:32 PM
Good half ... our right side compressed defence is really ordinary ... stay on your wing Mead and make the others defend one on one.well he would if the others were actually on their men

Boonarga
05-04-13, 09:34 PM
Hodges is the biggest cat in the game. Bird should have dropped him. It would be worth the suspension.

Titanic
05-04-13, 09:35 PM
That's my point ... he needs to defuse that by defending outside his man and then the others have to man up one on one.

Chaos
05-04-13, 09:42 PM
Half time I saw Idris explaining his defensive reads to Carty...maybe Carty should have been talking to Kelly.
Twice i saw Kelly come in on the leading decoy, leaving Idris and Mead with three attackers.

teke
05-04-13, 09:42 PM
That's my point ... he needs to defuse that by defending outside his man and then the others have to man up one on one.that is exactly what happened in the first instance hence them going down jamals corridor

teke
05-04-13, 09:44 PM
Half time I saw Idris explaining his defensive reads to Carty...maybe Carty should have been talking to Kelly.
Twice i saw Kelly come in on the leading decoy, leaving Idris and Mead with three attackers.kelly slipped twice trying to stop quick.

They will strengthen it up this half

Titanic
05-04-13, 09:52 PM
That was just a shoddy read on the left.

Hail Sezer
05-04-13, 10:04 PM
Kick pressure would be nice...

teke
05-04-13, 10:04 PM
Broncos have upper hand big time ATM.

Titanic
05-04-13, 10:06 PM
we are playing very stupidly

Titanic
05-04-13, 10:10 PM
well can we do anything more to invite them to score?

Hail Sezer
05-04-13, 10:10 PM
How are we all feeling?

gotitans101_
05-04-13, 10:11 PM
It will be a dead-set miracle if we win this.

Then to listen to the usual Broncos w@nkfest for the next few weeks.

Titanic
05-04-13, 10:13 PM
yes we can :(

kwigibo
05-04-13, 10:15 PM
this is atrocious refereeing, deadset one eyed double standard bull**** on every carry. Some ugly ****ing footy as a result

Titanic
05-04-13, 10:15 PM
we ahve nothing in attack ... nothing

Titanic
05-04-13, 10:16 PM
and even less in defence ... reading too many newspapers ... the supporters who came out tonight must be totally deflated.

teke
05-04-13, 10:17 PM
At least the loss was seen a fair way out:(

Just getting outplayed with speed all over the place

gotitans101_
05-04-13, 10:18 PM
May as well played Mead at fullback because Zillman has done nothing all night again.

Bayside Titan
05-04-13, 10:18 PM
And Michaels had nothing. We are not showing any urgency.

Titanic
05-04-13, 10:19 PM
bloody moron ... twice in 5 games leads the comp for kick-offs out on the full

amaline
bloody moron

Yep :(

Bayside Titan
Zilly who? Grgrgfgfgr

Bayside Titan
05-04-13, 10:20 PM
Fark.......

teke
05-04-13, 10:20 PM
That's it...season gone on 2 fronts losing to donkeys and losing Kelly

Hail Sezer
05-04-13, 10:21 PM
Could this get any worse

Hail Sezer
05-04-13, 10:21 PM
Please let kelly be ok

Bayside Titan
05-04-13, 10:22 PM
Can't remember Pronce kicking this good when he played for us.

Bayside Titan
05-04-13, 10:23 PM
Is there a reason that Henry didn't get a run at 5/8?

Bayside Titan
05-04-13, 10:24 PM
One thing we should learn from this loss is urgency and line speed.

mdrew
05-04-13, 10:27 PM
and stand off side all game

mdrew
05-04-13, 10:28 PM
a deserved loss

Bayside Titan
05-04-13, 10:29 PM
***rk.....that will do me.

mdrew
05-04-13, 10:30 PM
how dare I believe

Bayside Titan
Yep. Broncs do that well.

hatchy84
2012 titans tonight hope Kelly ok sign Dugan **** Illman

mdrew
05-04-13, 10:32 PM
outised of James - struggling to find a positive

Bayside Titan
05-04-13, 10:32 PM
how dare I believe
Keep believing mate. This in the kick on the pants that we needed. More painful that its the Broncos.

gotitans101_
05-04-13, 10:33 PM
The only positive to come out of that was that I changed my tip to the Broncos when I heard Sezer wasn't playing.

Chaos
05-04-13, 10:34 PM
Our forwards ran out of steam.
If you have big players, you need to be rotating your bench.
I can't believe Cartwright has gone in with only two forwards on the bench.

If you want your fullback to be involved, you need set plays that will include him.

I know Sezer was a bad loss but it was very poor coaching by Cartwright

Titanic
05-04-13, 10:35 PM
Let's face it guys ... we need a lot more than big forwards because big forwards will not out-think the opposition. Tonight we were comprehensively out-played and out-enthused at our own ground by a team that should never have not got within ten of us with their disruptions ... we have no excuse ... disgraceful.

mdrew
05-04-13, 10:48 PM
A great crowd and we produce that, too slow and predictable