PDA

View Full Version : Round 1 2013: SHARKS vs TITANS

Pages : 1 [2]

kioli
10-03-13, 08:26 PM
Very tense game. Sucks to lose but if we had to lose to anyone I'm glad it was the Sharks, given the circumstances.

Mr Stupid
10-03-13, 08:27 PM
Great effort but why was Harrison first receiver on 2 fifth tackle plays in their twenty. He even kicked on one. Grrr.

Supergoose
10-03-13, 08:28 PM
Poise on last tackle and last tackle options was probably the only thing missing from a pretty good game by us. The Sharks kicked us off the park, Kelly and Sezer needed to aim for more kicks to hit the ground near the try line. Slow play the balls towards the end of the count didn't help. Just a few opportunities missed otherwise things looking up. One that got away. Hard to pick on any player as I thought they were all pretty good. Taka and Gordon's combination on the left edge will improve and Kev should see some good ball from offloads. I thought we got dudded on a couple of forward pass calls. Also did Idris knock on early when he came down with a kick? I can't understand why they got to bring it out to the ten metre line.

Coaster
10-03-13, 08:28 PM
Our game plan hasn't changed.
This team is so forward orientated that we will struggle to score more than 24 points a game.

2 sets near the line and we took 5 hit ups and then Harrison kicked fmd
I'm not as impressed as others seem to be with the loss

teke
10-03-13, 08:37 PM
It is what it is, a tightly fought loss.

This teams play will always be a forward orientated game, I have accepted that's what this yr brings

DavidBouveng
10-03-13, 08:39 PM
I agree with you in that our shape didn't reflect our trial form.

We fell back into our forward based rubbish. We did use Taylor / idris / mead a bit towards the end and looked dangerous, but harro is a black hole and absorbs any attack in his area and disappears it.

Defense was awesome, I trust Kelly wholeheartedly and love his commitment.

Hard one to take. Two tries all... Gettable conversion missed.

Smakked
10-03-13, 08:40 PM
Dunno what to say about it, i Hate loosing so i will leave it alone till later.

DavidBouveng
10-03-13, 08:41 PM
Also think the refs were 'doing it for flano'.

Titanic
I thought the reffing was terrible ... nah, just joking. Taylor came back on and really made a difference. Idris didn't run into holes but then again the right side did so much defence I can't blame him. Kelly and Sezer will improve.

And our troublesome left side? We leaked nothing there in tackles and that is really pleasing. Takairangi, although a right-sideplayer, went pretty well. Bird needs to curb his enthusiasm and although generally solid Gordon didn't trouble anybody with the ball except our deadball line.

The less said about Zillman's effort the better ... he either wasn't in position to catch the ball or was letting it bounce and along with Harrison watched that log Fifita amble over untouched.

Bring on the Raiders at home ... can't wait.

Ps. When Gallen with down cramp, I'll bet Bird offered him a mouse milk injection to fix it.

Jamal's Hamstring
I listened to the second half online. Sounds like a good effort let down by a bit of poise at the death. Lets not get too carried away in round one.

Big Dan
10-03-13, 08:44 PM
I for one would like to see mead go to fullback.His pace and attacking skill tonight was first class.I thought in the first half they targeted Gordon kicking to his wing allowing his taller opponents to put pressure on him.Greg bird played fantastic but unfortunately his was one out,Was really happy with The half combination they will only get better.As earlier stated cronulla kicking game was first class.Our attack to the right look more effective than our left side we need to work on this before next week.We will be better for the run I think the sharks will beat a lot of sides at home this year.

DavidBouveng
10-03-13, 08:46 PM
Big Dan, I think after tonight that mead to FB is a matter of time.

gotitans101_
10-03-13, 08:48 PM
With Carty in charge, Zilly won't get hooked from FB until...... round 20 maybe? :doh:

Seriously though, would love to see Mead given a longer chance at fullback. Tired of watching Zillman go missing for 3/4 of the season.

teke
10-03-13, 08:48 PM
The show and go when he caught the ball from fb position pretty much showed everyone what could be install for rest of the yr

DavidBouveng
10-03-13, 08:50 PM
The show and go when he caught the ball from fb position pretty much showed everyone what could be install for rest of the yr

Me and my wife jumped so high, I hit the fan with my hand, and thought he was gooone.

hatchy84
10-03-13, 09:04 PM
We have to win next week we can't go 0-2

Tamwelg
10-03-13, 09:06 PM
Our game plan hasn't changed.
This team is so forward orientated that we will struggle to score more than 24 points a game.

2 sets near the line and we took 5 hit ups and then Harrison kicked fmd
I'm not as impressed as others seem to be with the loss

I've got to agree. I was happy with the way the new guys slotted into the side, but we are playing the same old game plan when we get an attacking opportunity. Our line in attack is way go shallow and where are those second man plays that work for every other team in the NRL.

Defense was the best it has been in a long time.

Titanic
10-03-13, 09:11 PM
Rogers never ran 2nd man plays, he hogged the ball or turned it back inside but I thought I saw both Kelly and Sezer try that but the outside backs were way too shallow. It's too early to make changes but Gordon should be looking over his shoulder and Zillman is on borrowed time. Oh, I forgot, those inside balls from Kelly and Bird are 1% plays or miracle balls ... they are not stock plays.

DavidBouveng
10-03-13, 09:15 PM
Agreed titanic. Gordon looked a bit weak and not too useful. He looks quite slight too.if it continues for several rounds, I'm not sure who comes in though. Don? Matt Russell?

Supergoose
10-03-13, 09:24 PM
Kev was very solid as was Zillman who was close to creating a couple of opportunities. We were a little out of sync on the left and our last options were ordinary and devoid of creativity at best. When our backs went hard we were hard to stop, I agree we need to get more ball in their hands (the fact we struggled on the fifth tackle can be in part put down to us not stretching the defence enough on the fourth). We will smash Canberra if they dish up the rubbish they did today although I agree and would like to see us running some more backline stuff.

Coaster
10-03-13, 09:29 PM
I missed something.
Why are we replacing our winger?

Hail Sezer
10-03-13, 09:31 PM
A loss always hurts a bit but I thought on the whole we were looking promising. Sezer took responsibility well, although it was a shame to see the pressure get to him with that conversion.
Kelly defended like a champ and looked dangerous when he went to the line. We need to be using our halves more and looking for options that get the ball wider than it currently is. Zillman and KG also need to stay on Taka's shoulder whenever he has the ball. He can offload anything.

Mead to fullback needs to be an option. Zillman doesn't bring anything. Sorry to put it so bluntly.

Ryan
10-03-13, 09:31 PM
I'm just happy to have a halfback that can tackle :)

Boofhead
10-03-13, 09:32 PM
Same 17 will get the job done next week.

hatchy84
10-03-13, 09:34 PM
Taylor in for ridge harro to bench ridge lock

Tamwelg
10-03-13, 09:35 PM

Here here.

Hail Sezer
10-03-13, 09:35 PM

You're not wrong..

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2013/03/10/1226594/260302-gold-coast-titans-v-cronulla-sharks.jpg

amaline
10-03-13, 09:48 PM
You're not wrong..

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2013/03/10/1226594/260302-gold-coast-titans-v-cronulla-sharks.jpg

That's a photo worthy of my first avatar change if I've ever seen one! :fight:

Big Dan
10-03-13, 09:48 PM
Agreed titanic. Gordon looked a bit weak and not too useful. He looks quite slight too.if it continues for several rounds, I'm not sure who comes in though. Don? Matt Russell?

Next week's game burkeigh bears v seagulls will be interesting .ro see if all Titans castaways in both sides can put pressure on the incumbents.Mead this year will be exceptional we need to give him quality ball.

DavidBouveng
10-03-13, 09:52 PM
Next week's game burkeigh bears v seagulls will be interesting .ro see if all Titans castaways in both sides can put pressure on the incumbents.Mead this year will be exceptional we need to give him quality ball.

reading my post u quoted again again, it was prolly a bit of an overshoot after a tight frustrating loss. KG was solid, but we will need more from him moving forwards. hope he and Taka can get a good combo going.

Hail Sezer
10-03-13, 09:53 PM
That's a photo worthy of my first avatar change if I've ever seen one! :fight:

Looks great!

Chaos
10-03-13, 09:57 PM
Just watched highlights and only saw two tries from two kicks.
Was there any line breaks or overlaps created by the Titans?

karnage
10-03-13, 09:58 PM
Anybody who is happy with tonight's performance was happy with where we finished last year and was happy with the boring forward orientated play that we have dished up for the past two failures of seasons.

We have an outstanding pack of forwards and a young pair of halves that have all the potential in the world but we will not be moving up the ladder so long as we continue with the same stale and predictable attacking structures that have failed us for the past two seasons!!

Albert Kelly could be a superstar of the competition playing behind our forwards but there is absolutely ZERO structure around him. He was so fast with ball and so brave in defence but it was like he was playing a lone hand. Sezar too has so much potential but he will be wasted with Cartwright's constipated vision of the game bogging him down.

When the game was there to be won in the second half Dave Taylor, after bulldozing through defenders twice, ran to the line one out?!?!?! Where was the support? Where was the evidence that Cartwright had planned for Taylor's introduction and organised a structure around it?!

Somebody described the loss as promising?!?!?! What was promising about it?? We lost to a team that only managed 12 points!!

Was it the attacking set plays that looked promising?? There weren't any!

Was it our ability to fluently spread the ball to the flanks and create space for our wingers who have speed to burn that looked promising?? That did not happen on one single occasion!!

Was it the options our halves had when we attacked their line??

I could go on and on.

We have a good enough list to be a power house in this competition but it is all for naught while Cartwright dishes up the some stale rubbish that has been a proven failure since 2011. Next week will tell us a lot. A Panthers team that is genuinely well coached put 32 points through the Raiders today and we get them in the same time slot next week. The Panthers have an infinitely inferior squad to us and right now we are probably 60-40 to even win the game against the Raiders. Parramatta also has a much worse squad than we do and they did what a John Cartwright coached team has never done in his entire career - scored 40 points!! They are better coached than we are. Simple.

Mr May, you receive a lot of pats on the back around here and rightfully so. You have done a great job re-establishing the Titans as a brand but if you are not looking at coaching solutions in the short term you are dooming us to another failed year. We started 1-7 last year (from memory, correct me if I'm wrong) we simply cannot afford that sort of start again as there is absolutely no way back from such a start.

Hail Sezer
10-03-13, 09:58 PM
Was there any line breaks or overlaps created by the Titans?

Yes.

Big Dan
10-03-13, 09:59 PM
My thoughts are competition for every position is vital.To have the young fellas playing well in our two feeder clubs is of great importance .Tonight we showed good signs for the future.

teke
10-03-13, 09:59 PM
Was there any line breaks or overlaps created by the Titans?tight defensive game with little to no overlaps by either side.

A good game IMO

teke
10-03-13, 10:03 PM
Anybody who is happy with tonight's performance was happy with where we finished last year and was happy with the boring forward orientated play that we have dished up for the past two failures of seasons.

We have an outstanding pack of forwards and a young pair of halves that have all the potential in the world but we will not be moving up the ladder so long as we continue with the same stale and predictable attacking structures that have failed us for the past two seasons!!

Albert Kelly could be a superstar of the competition playing behind our forwards but there is absolutely ZERO structure around him. He was so fast with ball and so brave in defence but it was like he was playing a lone hand. Sezar too has so much potential but he will be wasted with Cartwright's constipated vision of the game bogging him down.

When the game was there to be won in the second half Dave Taylor, after bulldozing through defenders twice, ran to the line one out?!?!?! Where was the support? Where was the evidence that Cartwright had planned for Taylor's introduction and organised a structure around it?!

Somebody described the loss as promising?!?!?! What was promising about it?? We lost to a team that only managed 12 points!!

Was it our ability to fluently spread the ball to the flanks and create space for our wingers who have speed to burn that looked promising?? That did not happen on one single occasion!!

I could go on and on.

We have a good enough list to be a power house in this competition but it is all for naught while Cartwright dishes up the some stale rubbish that has been a proven failure since 2011. Next week will tell us a lot. A Panthers team that is genuinely well coached put 32 points through the Raiders today and we get them in the same time slot next week. The Panthers have an infinitely inferior squad to us and right now we are probably 60-40 to even win the game against the Raiders. Parramatta also has a much worse squad than we do and they did what a John Cartwright coached team has never done in his entire career - scored 40 points!! They are better coached than we are. Simple.

Mr May, you receive a lot of pats on the back around here and rightfully so. You have done a great job re-establishing the Titans as a brand but if you are not looking at coaching solutions in the short term you are dooming us to another failed year. We started 1-7 last year (from memory, correct me if I'm wrong) we simply cannot afford that sort of start again as there is absolutely no way back from such a start.thats one way to look at it

karnage
10-03-13, 10:05 PM
thats one way to look at it

That's the only way to look at it.

teke
10-03-13, 10:15 PM
That's the only way to look at it.Just write "Sack the coach". Less typing :D

Titanic
10-03-13, 10:17 PM
That's the only way to look at it.
I agree with most of what you say old mate but not this time. First game of the season and so many new combinations, I'm prepared to wait it out.

On the other hand, the thing that gets me is why it took the trial games to sort it out. Imho, we wasted the whole off-season when we could have used the trials to get combinations going. Takairangi had his first hit out with the left-side today. We'll get a lot better irrespective of the so-called coaching.

Coaster
10-03-13, 10:24 PM
I think this could be solved with a stern reaction from the coaching staff and highlighting Harrisions involvement on last plays as a direct power shift away from our halves.

5 min conversation to the team could solve it imo

Smakked
10-03-13, 10:31 PM
Overall they played well , Defense was solid as a rock beside a few lapses. Taka played well, as did Ridge. KG needs to be near Taka and ready for the offload, 2 missed trys because he wasn't there. Sezer and Kelly had moments but they seemed not to play there natural game, as if they were told to do something completely different then what they would do. Was hoping for a win but it didn't happen , i expect a big win next Sunday at home.

TITAN PETE
10-03-13, 10:57 PM
Srama & Ridge left the park & we looked fairly weak, when they came back on we were stronger.....

I'll go out on a limb & upset many & think we would be far stronger without Harrison ..:rolleyes:

How good is it to have a number 7 that tackles :D

Smakked
10-03-13, 11:05 PM

I'll go out on a limb & upset many & think we would be far stronger without Harrison ..:rolleyes:
D

I agree with you on this one.

Bayside Titan
11-03-13, 12:15 AM

I could go on and on.

Mr May, you receive a lot of pats on the back around here and rightfully so. You have done a great job re-establishing the Titans as a brand but if you are not looking at coaching solutions in the short term you are dooming us to another failed year. We started 1-7 last year (from memory, correct me if I'm wrong) we simply cannot afford that sort of start again as there is absolutely no way back from such a start.
Only round one so not too worried as yet. Saw some positive signs in Kelly / Sezer to think that they will get better. But can't help but agree with Karage last highlighted point. All I will say is that we have the Playing Roster to Win the Comp but I think that we played a fair bit of one out stuff and not too much else or set moves. It took 1 move put on by the Storm for Billy Slaters try that convinced me that we will finish in the same spot on the ladder this year if the team continues to be structured the way they are now.

Titanic
11-03-13, 01:07 AM
Hey guys, we all know Cartwright is not up to it, that Harrison will never ever ever ever pass the goddamn ball, that we only need one hooker, have a fullback who can't/won't catch and that Flash has no flash at all but that is not enough to slash & burn the side just yet.

We have a forward pack that goes forward, a half that tackles, a 6 who is still learning, a couple of strike centres and a commitment to play for each other ... we will not be premiers this year but we're in for a good season of positioning for the future of the club.

Ps. we made so few stupid, unforced errors and what about the size of Ridge? Don't tell me he's been chewing on dried deer penis and swallowing honeyed ant bile during the off-season.

DIEHARD
11-03-13, 03:10 AM
Wow well that was trench warfare wasnt it? A real battle of forwards but I doubt it was going to play out any other way. It also denied our halves a good opportunity to cut their teeth and the longer it went on the less likely they were to shine through. But I am very happy with Kelly. Just love seeing the bloke get in there and having a go, chopping them down or chancing his arm.

Everytime he gets the ball, get excited. I cant believe our former half back was part time half back / part time winger.

Next week will be alot more telling. But I'm optimistic but also realistic. We have a long way to go. And Zillman didn't really fire. Mead had a great game. (Hate to sound like a broken record in Round 1 but Zillman to centre, Mead to fullback)

I saw enough to be excited and I really enjoyed being in the game. We dont even know if alot of those Sharks will be playing next week, so they put it all in against us. Any team would have found themselves in trouble. But we weathered it and fell 2 points short. Would have been even had Sezer's boot been truer. Im not about to panic about the lack of points just yet, I just dont think they were in that game and we didnt seem to get much luck with possession and penalties.

A trip to Shark Park... sorry "Stadium" is never easy. Cronulla scored a famous victory that will do their suffering fans alot of good. If we had to lose, I guess losing to the Sharks wasn't so bad. I feel sorry for the supporters of the Sharks, but they really came forward and supported the club, with a near 18k crowd against a traditionally low drawing team. (us)

How about Luke Bailey and his soccer skills. What a trick shot! I was impressed with what Taka has to offer. I like a lanky centre who likes to off load. Hoping for better game for two of my favourites against the Raiders, Harrison and Gordon who were noticeably down their best.

Bed time.

hammer
11-03-13, 06:28 AM
Wow...much doom and gloom expressed after this match!

I was pretty happy with what I saw...yes we didn't win but there were many positives. Albert Kelly was terrific...particularly in defence...imho he struggled a little at the end with possibly fitness but should improve greatly in this department.

On a positive note...we are only 2 points out of the eight with 25 rounds to go!

Steve
11-03-13, 08:10 AM
I listened on the radio, and it really sounded like we were the better team, until the 5th.

To me it sounded like we just didn't mesh as a team, but with so many new players, it's not going to happen instantly.

Mexican titan
11-03-13, 09:19 AM
Wow well that was trench warfare wasnt it? A real battle of forwards but I doubt it was going to play out any other way. It also denied our halves a good opportunity to cut their teeth and the longer it went on the less likely they were to shine through. But I am very happy with Kelly. Just love seeing the bloke get in there and having a go, chopping them down or chancing his arm.

Everytime he gets the ball, get excited. I cant believe our former half back was part time half back / part time winger.

Next week will be alot more telling. But I'm optimistic but also realistic. We have a long way to go. And Zillman didn't really fire. Mead had a great game. (Hate to sound like a broken record in Round 1 but Zillman to centre, Mead to fullback)

I saw enough to be excited and I really enjoyed being in the game. We dont even know if alot of those Sharks will be playing next week, so they put it all in against us. Any team would have found themselves in trouble. But we weathered it and fell 2 points short. Would have been even had Sezer's boot been truer. Im not about to panic about the lack of points just yet, I just dont think they were in that game and we didnt seem to get much luck with possession and penalties.

A trip to Shark Park... sorry "Stadium" is never easy. Cronulla scored a famous victory that will do their suffering fans alot of good. If we had to lose, I guess losing to the Sharks wasn't so bad. I feel sorry for the supporters of the Sharks, but they really came forward and supported the club, with a near 18k crowd against a traditionally low drawing team. (us)

How about Luke Bailey and his soccer skills. What a trick shot! I was impressed with what Taka has to offer. I like a lanky centre who likes to off load. Hoping for better game for two of my favourites against the Raiders, Harrison and Gordon who were noticeably down their best.

Bed time.

Not a bad performance but as DH has written a good summary I'll use his notes as a base for my comments.
- Zillman to centre? I had never taken much notice that he doesn't have a passing game until someone mentioned on here recently. I really noticed it yesterday and if you don't/can't pass then centre is not the place. I agree though that he offered little yesterday
- Bailey kicking (sort of) was funny but wtf was going on with him getting caught in that position. Add to that Harrison kicking the ball on the 5th as well.
-as was said in another post re the Storm's move for Slaters try. As I am also a member of Manly I watch their games closely and they have a few pretty clever moves that they put on. You just don't see that sort of structure from us.

Overall though it is early days and there were some promising signs against a team that many thought could win the comp. We must beat the Raiders though or the heat will start to intensify.

titanfan1980
11-03-13, 09:59 AM
Few things: Albert Kelly was rock solid in defence and good in attack but we need him and sezer with the ball in hand and kicking on the last.. Twice Harrison ended up with the ball on the last, once each the halves were tackled with the ball and Luke baileys soccer kick thing. That's 5 poor ends to a set can be easily fixed.. Ben ridge to start for Harrison and put Taylor into ridges spot.. Harrison literally watched Andrew fifita score. And last I thought Ryan James was very solid.. So why is he only getting 25 minutes? When the game was on the line surely we'd have him out there instead of Douglas? And not taking away from Douglas I just think in that last 10 we could of used James a lot more then Douglas.. And as I've always preached.. Mead to FB!! And zillman to cut the oranges at half time.. If you wonder why ask yourself this... When Melbourne make a break who is there everytime! (Slater) manly (Stewart) dogs (barba) have a watch at titans game zillman is the worst supporting fullback in the nrl. Titans by 14 against the raiders!

Toads
11-03-13, 10:30 AM
Very tense game. Sucks to lose but if we had to lose to anyone I'm glad it was the Sharks, given the circumstances.
This.

and this..

Not too worried just yet. Need to give it time for a few of the new guys to gel, that'll only come with game time. When they do.. lookout! Just hope it happens by Round 6.

DavidBouveng
11-03-13, 10:48 AM
Not sure why ppl want to lose to sharks if anyone... Are we sympathizing cos possible drug cheats are in the process of getting caught and copping too much pressure and having a rough week?

Toads
11-03-13, 11:05 AM
Maybe because of their situation reflects on the entire code (to some extent). Fair enough, we haven't been caught up in the same sort of circumstances. But we have nearly been down 'n out in other ways on various occasions.

Sometimes it's not until your **** has skimmed the ground, that you learn some of life's most valuable lessons.

Bit odd you don't see that, DB

DavidBouveng
11-03-13, 11:14 AM
Maybe because of their situation reflects on the entire code (to some extent). Fair enough, we haven't been caught up in the same sort of circumstances. But we have nearly been down 'n out in other ways on various occasions.

Bit odd you don't see that, DB

If ur talking about the fans sure, and even the new recruits perhaps, but a portion of the club has all but admitted dodgy happenings, its just the extent of which we are yet to find out.

I'm going to be pissed if later we find out we played and lost to a team with 5 or 6 players who shouldn't be playing our game anymore.

Titanic
11-03-13, 11:16 AM
After sleeping on it I haven't changed my thinking at all. Anybody think that the confusion on the fifth came when Falloon was on? Could that confusion have come from the players not adjusting to the change?

Toads
11-03-13, 11:23 AM
I'm going to be pissed if later we find out we played and lost to a team with 5 or 6 players who shouldn't be playing our game anymore.

Not me, because as teke hinted last week. They may actually take our 2011 spoon off us yet. ;)

Toads
11-03-13, 11:32 AM
Don't worry, my sympathy doesn't run too deep for them. As I list them right below the Donkies, as my most undesirable NRL Teams.

DavidBouveng
11-03-13, 11:44 AM
Not me, because as teke hinted last week. They may actually take our 2011 spoon off us yet. ;)

Yeah I'm waiting for that too. We might finish 14th if other rumours from 2011 prove true.

DIEHARD
11-03-13, 02:11 PM
Not sure why ppl want to lose to sharks if anyone... Are we sympathizing cos possible drug cheats are in the process of getting caught and copping too much pressure and having a rough week?

That's a good point. I guess it was thinking from a club and fan prospective. But these players may not be there next week and that isnt really fair on us.

Titanic
11-03-13, 05:37 PM
That's a good point. I guess it was thinking from a club and fan prospective. But these players may not be there next week and that isnt really fair on us.

The precedent was set when the Storm got docked points mid-season but the other teams didn't get their points ... we were on a hiding to nothing in that regard. Like the judge said in the Match Fixing case the other day ... the court doesn't change just because of a rugby league competition :( the man has his priorities upside down ;)

DIEHARD
11-03-13, 06:05 PM
Speaking of the Storm, it was us who beat them before they fell to the salary cap scandal. :clap:

C-Whiz
11-03-13, 07:11 PM

I could go on and on.

Karnage, I agree with EVERYTHING you say, except the negativity! :D

I would say we played the Sharks as good as they have been in the past few years, and we held them to 12, and it should have been 6. That's probably the best defensive effort we have seen from the Titans in the same time. That's a positive.

Our 5th tackle options were hopeless, so they can't get any worse. That's a positive.

Albert Kelly. 100% positive. :thumbsup:
And pretty happy with the halves combo.

I was saying the same thing last night about no one running off the ball carrier. I agree we have these line busting giants and no support play. But i was also saying Taylor was MIA right before he was Johnny on the spot to fall over the line. Good to see he can catch the ball now. That's a positive!

Our defense was as good as I remember it, for the first 20, ruler-straight, moving up, no holes. Perfect! But as the game went on, player changes were made, the line bent and holes appeared. It was round 1. I liked what I saw.

We played the best Sharks they will be all year. We will get better. That's a positive. :thumbsup:

C-Whiz
11-03-13, 07:16 PM
After sleeping on it I haven't changed my thinking at all. Anybody think that the confusion on the fifth came when Falloon was on? Could that confusion have come from the players not adjusting to the change?I'm not sold on the changing hooker mid-way through the half thing, especially when we are on a roll. It seemed to change everything.

gotitans101_
11-03-13, 07:22 PM
Srama needed more minutes, thought Falloon was out there much longer than he should have been.

Julius Sezer
11-03-13, 08:06 PM
Sezer made 10 tackle busts

DavidBouveng
11-03-13, 09:26 PM

Really that's huge.

Also noticed a lot of votes for James, including my own. It was good to see him taking the game on, he was awesome to watch. Due to injuries, he has only been discussed as potential. Last night was an rxhibition of what he is going to do for us. If big Dave and Idris ran with his intent I think we score more than 2 tries.

Tamwelg
11-03-13, 09:34 PM

nrlstats.com has him at 4

Chaserz
12-03-13, 02:34 AM
Aargh, I was in London for the last few days, so I couldn't see anything, not even a live stream, and as such I can't draw any conclusion or opinion!

Anyone knows a place on the internet where the game can be re-watched, aside from the torrents of Across the Tasman (don't have my own laptop with me for the next few days)?

Smakked
12-03-13, 04:04 AM
NRL .com has full games up

Chaserz
12-03-13, 08:21 AM
Yeah except I live outside territory, so I'm not eligible to watch it... unless they have made changes (or unless I'd fake my IP)

Titanic
12-03-13, 12:05 PM
get a vpn then you can ... if you travel a lot then it's a must have. acrossthetasman has saved me for years and diwana before that.

Big Dan
12-03-13, 02:57 PM
Edited......

Hail Sezer
12-03-13, 06:05 PM
Yeah except I live outside territory, so I'm not eligible to watch it... unless they have made changes (or unless I'd fake my IP)

Here mate. Enjoy.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BmejOTlkO_0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jJHILPhdLUg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Toads
12-03-13, 06:21 PM
if you use Firefox as a browser, you can download the games from NRL.com using a add-on

Julius Sezer
12-03-13, 07:30 PM
nrlstats.com has him at 4

I was going with Supercoach stats. Seems like they got it wrong

Chaserz
12-03-13, 08:31 PM
Awesomesauce, thanks mate!

C-Whiz
13-03-13, 08:43 AM
Here mate. Enjoy.Hail Sezer delivering the goods again. :salute:

He got me live streaming of the SBW/Botha fight into my lounge room too! :thumbsup: