PDA

View Full Version : MOVING TO THE GOLD COAST

GOLDHAMMER
13-12-12, 11:19 AM
Gday guys im in Penrith atm and our family is looking at moving to the GC soon.
Was wondering about some good areas to move to and if i should get a job first or move up there first.
Im looking at Hospitality work,does anybody know of anywhere hiring or someone i could talk to regarding this,or someone i can contact regarding housing..thanks! ;)

TITAN PETE
13-12-12, 12:38 PM
Find a job 1st mate & then it will come down to budget for an idea on where to live.

Toads
14-12-12, 10:01 PM
Find a job 1st mate & then it will come down to budget for an idea on where to live.

Yup, if you're deadset on the move. Do what Pete suggested, 'n then explore your options.

It's doable, but it could be a bit of struggle like a lot of places around Australia that is facing a bit of downturn at the moment, and isn't exactly booming.

But if you 'n your Families heart is in it, anything is possible with the right attitude 'n approach. :)

DIEHARD
15-12-12, 05:14 PM
I don't have specific further advice. But would love you up here with us Gold Hammer. Great lifestyle and something to work towards.

Smakked
20-02-13, 07:06 AM
I would recommend having a look for a job first , as it is pretty quiet up here unless you have a trade. As for where to live , plenty of places, we love it where we are in Mudgeeraba, been here for 8 years moved from St Marys, not far from you. Best thing we ever did for the kids and us. Depending where you want to live it can get exe for rent, but you can get a decent townhouse for about 300 - 350 a week, Stand along house 400+ pw.

Big Dan
20-02-13, 10:53 AM
Guys all showing great community spirit.I live in Sydney the best thing about Sydney is the road out of it.Envy all you blokes livin the dream.

Bayside Titan
11-10-13, 04:47 PM
They say all roads lead back to Gold Coast and in my case this is true. Just moved to Mudgeeraba and love it. Not far from Firth Park. Can walk to Firth Park. Not sure of to keep Bayside Titans as I don't live there anymore. Keen to meet anyone for a beer or two some time.

DIEHARD
11-10-13, 04:57 PM
They say all roads lead back to Gold Coast and in my case this is true. Just moved to Mudgeeraba and love it. Not far from Firth Park. Can walk to Firth Park. Not sure of to keep Bayside Titans as I don't live there anymore. Keen to meet anyone for a beer or two some time.

Will count you in on some social activities. Would love to get another golf day happening or some fishing or something. Lunch and drinks would be great.

Id love us to be a real network doing real things.

DIEHARD
11-10-13, 04:58 PM
At recent Valleys Diehards reunion topic of conversation was how many Diehards, former players and supporters, live on the Gold Coast. It's a pretty significant number!

shamus
15-10-13, 12:47 AM

Mate...I have been a Mudgee boy since 2000..but last year moved to Merrimac...(close enough)

Sooo...watz ya hobbies besides being a Titans supporter, golf...beer...punt...all of the above :D

Titan Pete and I are both local and like a beer or two (In TP 's case 32). :thumbsup:

......and C-Whiz is just up the road

TITAN PETE
15-10-13, 09:35 AM
Mate...I have been a Mudgee boy since 2000..but last year moved to Merrimac...(close enough)

Sooo...watz ya hobbies besides being a Titans supporter, golf...beer...punt...all of the above :D

Titan Pete and I are both local and like a beer or two (In TP 's case 32). :thumbsup:

......and C-Whiz is just up the road

I resemble that remark :D:drinkies:

Bayside Titan
15-10-13, 02:21 PM
Yeah count me in now I don't live in Brisbane.

As for me I love a beer or two a Good drop of wine. I used to play Golf at parwood before we moved from the Coast, but now will have to look for another course down this end of the Coast. I have only played once in the past two years so a bit rusty .

So where are good places to go and have a drink??

TITAN PETE
15-10-13, 04:58 PM
Yeah count me in now I don't live in Brisbane.

As for me I love a beer or two a Good drop of wine. I used to play Golf at parwood before we moved from the Coast, but now will have to look for another course down this end of the Coast. I have only played once in the past two years so a bit rusty .

So where are good places to go and have a drink??

Tallai Golf Club :thumbsup: