PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Wii U

DIEHARD
28-11-12, 02:56 AM
Going to launch in Oz on Friday, 30 November.

I've got one put aside.

EB Games are once again ripping people off offering the Deluxe set for approx $429. KMart have it for $379! EB wont price match at the midnight launch because "K Mart isnt open."

K Mart also offering games for $59 and $69.

DIEHARD
28-11-12, 02:58 AM
Games I'd like to get.

Nintendo Land - With Deluxe Set.
Batman
Mass Effect 3
Black Ops
Mario U

Smakked
28-11-12, 07:10 AM
DUnno doesnt look that great , doesnt offer anything better then whats already out there.

DIEHARD
07-12-12, 01:11 PM
Well I got my Nintendo Wii U. They probably should have called it something else to avoid confusion but I guess didn't wanna surrender the Wii brand.

I'm in love with the game pad and the screen is so bloody useful. Especially in game such as Mass Effect 3.

Ive go Nintendo Land, Mario U and Mass Effect 3.

When I'm done I will plough my way through some Wii games I have t touched or finished. Then maybe buy Batman or Black Ops 2.

But Aliens: Colonial Marines is truly the game im lusting for. But it's a couple months away yet.

DavidBouveng
07-12-12, 01:49 PM
how is it DH?

i have been a nintendo man from way back and had each console.

mario is still my life mascot and reminds me to stay young no matter what.

i was all set to get it on launch, but i just thought id wait and see the reaction, as i bought a PS3 recently to play fifa13 and Rugby league Live 2.

is it worth it? i would only be looking at nintendoland, and a coupld of others for now....think i will get one once a mario/zelda/metroid comes out i would say.

DIEHARD
07-12-12, 02:34 PM
Nintendo are certainly holding Zelda and Mario back to combat the next XBOX and Sony entries.

So far I've really enjoyed the Wii U actually I'm obsessed by it.

One cool thing is many games you can switch to playin on the game pad. And you can play it near by. Like in your room. Mario U for example.

DIEHARD
15-12-12, 06:11 PM
Packing up the WiiU and taking it to a friends to give NintendoLand a huge workover.

DIEHARD
28-05-13, 02:16 PM
Playing ZombiU. It's actually better than I hoped.

DIEHARD
15-07-13, 03:11 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zY8EoXDCk0Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DIEHARD
15-07-13, 03:12 AM
Really cool and creative video about the new Smash Bros game coming to WiiU and 3DS. It's fired me up.

The original game nearly causes the end of my highschool relationship. We were just so ultra competitive and trained in secret.

DavidBouveng
15-07-13, 10:42 PM
hahah man ive been waiting for the boo yah games to come like Smash Bros, Zelda, Mario and a few others. I have always been a huge nintendo fanboy.

I think i took a loan out once for my N64 when i was younger and financially irresponsible.

my first pay check from my first job was a super nes and 7 games.

My GameCube and zelda windwaker got me through my first relationship breakup when i was a right mess... so many memories.

My favourite and best xmas suprise ever was when i got a NES and tv when i was 8 years old.

im slowly collecting some great Roms on my computer to play some of these old classics, but soon the Wii U will be part of the rich legacy Nintendo has played in my life.

DIEHARD
19-09-13, 09:46 PM
Vale Hiroshi Yamauchi. Former President of Nintendo. Turned family company which made playing cards into world's greatest video game company

DavidBouveng
16-02-14, 02:31 PM
hey Diehard,

im a week or so from picking up a WiiU i reckon.

it now has zelda wind waker which id love to play again, mario world 3d, plus a steady stream of AAA iconic games on the horizon.

Plus, i am going to go nuts in the virtual store, pick up all the old mario, zelda,metroid, and other classic games too.

am i right in saying that virtual console games are playable on the handheld gamepad? that is handy and cool.

any other useful features? like the netfilx / internet type ones?

DIEHARD
17-02-14, 02:38 AM
Yea you can play the virtual console games on the game pad. They are adding Gameboy Advance games in April.

I really love the gamepad. I havent really used netflix or anything yet, only just got a really good internet connection.

DIEHARD
17-02-14, 02:38 AM
Smash Bros and Mario Kart 8 are also on the way.

DavidBouveng
17-02-14, 01:03 PM
hey mate.

im looking at a preowned one for 150 less so (278).

trading in old games and whatnot, ill get it for next to nothing, should i go the extra $150 and get it new? will then come with 140 odd dollars worth of games anyway

it will happen today or tomorrow, im getting excited. i shoud say, i have a PS3 for my serious games like FIFA , Rugby league, battlefield etc and the good modern games like uncharted and the batman series, but i need me some nintendo.

i have made a list of all the virtual games to download and Wii disc to buy to keep a full collection of classics

DIEHARD
17-02-14, 03:49 PM
Isnt trading games a rip off? Could you ebay it for a better deal?

I got mine at launch. But if you can get a 2nd hand one cheap especially with some kind of warranty, why not.

Titanic
17-02-14, 04:44 PM
Bought my 8 year old a wiiu in Macau at Christmas ... firstly it's in Japanese so that's a challenge to say the least and secondly we bought Super Mario 3D which is excellent ... the stores in Nanjing will unblock it in about 6 months and then it will accept pirated games :)

DavidBouveng
17-02-14, 04:59 PM
Isnt trading games a rip off? Could you ebay it for a better deal?

I got mine at launch. But if you can get a 2nd hand one cheap especially with some kind of warranty, why not.

Trading games is definitely a rip off.

i just trade games that i 100% dont need to play anymore and dont hold any sentimental value, and keep a couple of favourites for the collection.

i ended up going for a new one. slightly better warranty, and with the new gamepad, i wanted it perfectly new and sexy.

going to go hard in the virtual console store to get heaps of cracker old games.

DIEHARD
02-09-14, 01:45 AM
Nintendo's Amiibo figures look awesome.

DIEHARD
09-12-14, 02:03 AM
Been playing Smash Bros this week, although not as much as I'd like. Loving it.

Go Megaman! And my old favourite Fox!

Titanic
09-12-14, 11:20 AM
My wife has been buying new games on Taobao at very reasonable prices ... this is my son's chance as we wait for the next instalment of the Titans fiasco :) so my house is full of his mates friggin' around on WiiU.