PDA

View Full Version : NRL: Broncos; Brisbane finds flier

Queenslander
05-02-06, 06:36 PM
Brisbane finds flier
GREG DAVIS
05feb06
BRONCOS flyer Denan Kemp could be in trouble if he does his sprint training in a school zone.

http://www.thesundaymail.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,1658,5105121,00.jpg

The 18-year-old clocked a blistering 36 km/h during Brisbane's 40m time trials last week, which would have been almost enough to earn the ire of a lollipop lady.

Brisbane does not release test times, but Broncos insiders said Kemp's result was "up there with the very, very best for footballers".

He beat renowned speedster Leon Bott to notch the quickest time.

While the former junior soccer star has speed to burn, he is the first to admit he has plenty to learn.

The fullback/winger has been playing rugby league for less than two years and has a grand total of just 33 games to his name.

Scouted by Broncos assistant coach Ivan Henjak while playing for Gold Coast school St Michaels at the Confraternity Shield in 2004, Kemp says he is enjoying the steep learning curve.

"The Broncos have been very patient with me," Kemp said. "They took a chance when they really didn't have to so I want to repay them by learning as much as I can every day.

"I'm learning all about the positional play, running angles, defence and everything else.

"A lot of people say the Broncos taught them everything they know but in my case it is absolutely true because my first full season was with the club last year."

Kemp started with Wests Colts and played seven games for Toowoomba in the Queensland Cup, scoring seven tries.

He was a state primary school champion over 100m, 200m, 400m and 800m and cross country before focusing on soccer.

He represented Queensland through secondary school and played for the Lions reserves in the state league as a 16-year-old.

Kemp said he aimed to break into NRL ranks at some stage this year.

"It might be a bit far-fetched to expect to get in there early in the season so I just want to let my football do the talking for the Clydesdales."

http://www.thesundaymail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,18040024%255E2764,00.html

Super Cronk
05-02-06, 06:37 PM
What do you guys put in the water up there?

Queenslander
05-02-06, 06:37 PM
Another speed related article about Broncos players. Line breaks must be the game plan at the Broncos :laugh:

What do you guys put in the water up there?

:spit: Good time to use this smilie ;)

DIEHARD
05-02-06, 06:52 PM
He is a Gold Coast boy?

Steve Dangerous
05-02-06, 08:23 PM
While the former junior soccer star has speed to burn, he is the first to admit he has plenty to learn.

haha nice rhyme.

i think SC's sig got them in the mood.