PDA

View Full Version : Mark Ioane - 2013 Player Discussion

DIEHARD
08-11-12, 04:14 PM
Mark Ioane holding nothing back for NRL dream

After signing a one-year contract with the iSelect Gold Coast Titans, young prop Mark Ioane is hoping to prove himself to secure an NRL debut.

?Getting my NRL debut will be the best thing that?s ever happened to me, that?s my aim for this year,? said Ioane who arrived on the Gold Coast this week. ?This year will be my proving point to see where I?m at and see if I can do this.?

The 22 year old has been on the Raiders roster for the past two years and while he didn?t play first grade, he won the player of the year award at Canberra?s feeder club, The Mounties, in the NSW Cup.

?At first I thought it would be easy (to debut) but coming up I?ve learned a lot about just knowing what to expect for this pre-season. The main thing is I just have to train harder. My aim is to just get a lot fitter, a lot stronger and be more active on the field, do the best I can and prove myself.?

Coach John Cartwright had another reason for his new recruit not making the first grade cut at Canberra. There were a number of big name and big frame players in front of him.

?He was just stuck in a bit of queue in Canberra, they tend to go for a different style of front rower down there, tall and ?rangey? fellows, and he doesn?t fit that mould,? Cartwright said.

Ioane is no stranger to success. In 2010, he was part of the Warriors Toyota Cup premiership team and represented the New Zealand Junior Kiwis in the same year.

?It was probably the best feeling I have ever had playing rugby league. Just being a youngster growing up watching grand final day and your favourite players and wondering If I could get there. So winning the championship was awesome,? said Ioane.

Awesome too is the difference Ioane sees between playing at junior level versus playing NRL first grade. One of the bigger players while playing in the Toyota Cup, Ioane has worked hard on his fitness without sacrificing his size.

?Just getting used to the fitness side of it and adapting to the physical side, being around men instead of boys so just trying to adapt to that has been interesting" he said. "I?m still getting bigger just a lot trimmer and fitter, that?s what I?m aiming for.?

Senior Titans players have taken Ioane under their wing since pre-season training began to improve his performance and get himself match ready.

Ioane said, ?Luke Bailey and Nate Myles have been helping me out a lot since I?ve been here. They?ve just given me pointers on how to get feedback away from the coaches and how to improve my game.?

http://www.titans.com.au/

The Mole
08-11-12, 07:51 PM
Good buy but had we not purchased him, we might of kept Lawrence. Much younger than Lawrence though.

Ioane was one of the front rowers on my list to purchase. He is a mobile forward, strong with good footwork. Exactly what we lack of. Majority of our forwards just charge up one dimensionally. He'll be interesting to watch.

Chaos
08-11-12, 08:11 PM
Ioane said, ?Luke Bailey and Nate Myles have been helping me out a lot since I?ve been here. They?ve just given me pointers on how to get feedback away from the coaches and how to improve my game.?

http://www.titans.com.au/

yes...that is an important thing to do at the Titans.
Good on Myles and Bailey...leadership material there.

Titanic
08-11-12, 08:55 PM
I hope that means that Cartwright is just filling out team sheets.

teke
09-11-12, 12:17 PM
Carty mentioned Ioane being behind a few forwards at the Raiders, he will have an equally long wait at this club aswell.

Toads
09-11-12, 12:27 PM
Carty mentioned Ioane being behind a few forwards at the Raiders, he will have an equally long wait at this club aswell.

That's exactly what I thought when Carty came out with the comment. Either way, I hope they do give him some game time.. Because if he has a bit of what Digby has, he'll be a devastating player. Just imagine, Ioane being slipped the pill from Kelly.. :wave:

DavidBouveng
09-11-12, 01:03 PM
yeah good comment by The Mole at top of page, he uses some nice footwork before the line.

Big Dan
17-11-12, 08:02 PM
He will be a great buy.Showsba lot of promise.

Big Dan
17-11-12, 08:16 PM
I urge all Titains supporters to look at new guy Mark O'Dare on you tube.On you tube as Mark O'Dare rugby he would have to be the quickest player I have seen in years.I know people who know of him he has a rugby league background on the central coast nsw.He played for Sydney university in rugby .Last year he was unstoppable.He trained with sprint guru Roger Fabri who considers this kid as amongst the quickest he has ever seen.He plays Fuulback centre and wing.He is also big and strong and tackles like a demon.

Go the Titains

teke
17-11-12, 11:58 PM
I urge all Titains supporters to look at new guy Mark O'Dare on you tube.On you tube as Mark O'Dare rugby he would have to be the quickest player I have seen in years.I know people who know of him he has a rugby league background on the central coast nsw.He played for Sydney university in rugby .Last year he was unstoppable.He trained with sprint guru Roger Fabri who considers this kid as amongst the quickest he has ever seen.He plays Fuulback centre and wing.He is also big and strong and tackles like a demon.

Go the Titains..and no chance he is a undiscovered. He'd already have 400 clubs lining up for him

Titanic
18-11-12, 12:51 AM
Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOX4RczR_I4&feature=plcp

And some comments: (1) looked like a left centre to me (2) was astonished by the huge crowds Yawnion attracts (3) gee those boys can tackle.

TITAN PETE
18-11-12, 06:33 AM
David May has a huge wrap on the kid & said he's signed as a winger but looks like a bloody good fullback too.

DavidBouveng
18-11-12, 07:28 AM
Damn im more impressed than I thought I would be. Def is a left side player with his jink and bounce to the outside, and a good right left pass.

Some of running Is Lockyer like, except this kid is a bit more rough and tumble and better built at that age.

Toads
18-11-12, 10:00 AM
Purely speculation. But if this bloke is the latest signing, you can figure out for yourself to where Zilly is going. Brace yourselves fella's.. :D

Hail Sezer
18-11-12, 10:55 AM
..and no chance he is a undiscovered. He'd already have 400 clubs lining up for him

You're just mad because it challenges Mead at FB ;) Haha jk bro

teke
18-11-12, 01:48 PM
You're just mad because it challenges Mead at FB ;) Haha jk broUnfortunately there is no such thing as Mead at FB and have we signed this kid? There were a few talented players in those highlights.

gothabull
18-11-12, 01:58 PM
Looks like an amazing talent with good instinct can't believe the speed he was generating in that clip and good hard hits as well so mead too full back zill in the halves u reckon ??

Hail Sezer
18-11-12, 02:11 PM
Looks like an amazing talent with good instinct can't believe the speed he was generating in that clip and good hard hits as well so mead too full back zill in the halves u reckon ??

I really hope not. Kelly and Sezer in the halves pls.

Remember we also have Matty Russell to fill the FB roll. Not sure if he'll crack FG next year tbough

Big Dan
18-11-12, 05:19 PM
Dave you have got it totally right looks like lockyer I reckon he will be a excitement machine.Definetly the fastest in both codes of footy.

teke
18-11-12, 05:48 PM
Dave you have got it totally right looks like lockyer I reckon he will be a excitement machine.Definetly the fastest in both codes of footy.He has stiff competition being the fastest in this club before he becomes fastest in both codes.

yappie
18-11-12, 06:24 PM
G'day all Im from Sydney and have watched Odare play over the past year. I jumped on here to see if there was any news about him and I saw the link to his training video. It didnt surprise me he is doing so well. I know this kid to be the fastest amature around. As a player SOLID he is an amazing defender. I watch him and he is like Sonny Bill NO FEAR. Good on the titans they took a chance on a WINNER.

yappie
18-11-12, 06:25 PM
He has stiff competition being the fastest in this club before he becomes fastest in both codes.

Hey Big Dan I have watched this Kid train with Roger Fabris Ive never seen such speed from a player your so right mate

yappie
18-11-12, 06:31 PM
..and no chance he is a undiscovered. He'd already have 400 clubs lining up for him

Most of you guys are on the ball the goss is if the Titans dont sign Odare to the top squad he has hald dozen clubs waiting to pounce including Jap rugby.
Ive never such a talent.:banana:

teke
18-11-12, 07:08 PM
Hey Big Dan I have watched this Kid train with Roger Fabris Ive never seen such speed from a player your so right mateWe had a youngster named Ryan Tongia here at the Titans, he trained as a sprinter, extremely quick and talented but it never turned into NRL goodness. For the Titans jnr system I hope this kid comes through

big bear
25-02-13, 01:06 PM
That's exactly what I thought when Carty came out with the comment. Either way, I hope they do give him some game time.. Because if he has a bit of what Digby has, he'll be a devastating player. Just imagine, Ioane being slipped the pill from Kelly.. :wave:

Ioane played for Burleigh Qcup against Easts on saturday,had a strong game.Burleigh need some go forward so if he doesnt make the Titans i am sure Burleigh would be quite pleased to have him.

Big Dan
25-02-13, 09:06 PM
Ioane played for Burleigh Qcup againstoaken Dare Easts on saturday,had a strong game.Burleigh need some go forward so if he doesnt make the Titans i am sure Burleigh would be quite pleased to have him.

The bears looking good this year with the titain castaways

big bear
28-02-13, 12:21 PM
The bears looking good this year with the titain castaways

gold coast bulletin just announced that tweed seagulls are getting 12 titan castaways which will just about be the whole Qcup side.So much for producing local talent.

TITAN FAN
28-02-13, 01:24 PM
Hi All

Could I suggest an updated player discussion page as it seems we have a new team with some not mentioned and others no longer with us

TITAN FAN

TITAN FAN
28-02-13, 01:35 PM
Anyone know if young Falloon has re signed I am a real fan particulaly after watching his last 10 games including the recent two trials
Word has it he has resigned however nothing on any links or club announcement, I could be wrong, if he has the club should announce it on the web site

As well what will happen to young Stevie he put his hand up during the absence of Champion whilst injured and in my opinion was very consistant looks like he will be competing for a spot

TITAN FAN
28-02-13, 01:35 PM
Anyone know if young Falloon has re signed I am a real fan particulaly after watching his last 10 games including the recent two trials
Word has it he has resigned however nothing on any links or club announcement, I could be wrong, if he has the club should announce it on the web site

As well what will happen to young Stevie he put his hand up during the absence of Champion whilst injured and in my opinion was very consistant looks like he will be competing for a spot

Big Dan
28-02-13, 07:35 PM
gold coast bulletin just announced that tweed seagulls are getting 12 titan castaways which will just about be the whole Qcup side.So much for producing local talent.

I wonder if a policy exists for Titain castaways.12 in one side cannot be good for the competition and local talent.

Big Dan

I wonder if a policy exists for Titain castaways.12 in one side cannot be good for the competition and local talent.

Big Dan

Big Dan

Big Dan

Big Dan

kioli
28-02-13, 09:57 PM
Heard you the first 5 times mate ;) (I hate when that happens)

whitelinefever
04-03-13, 08:46 PM

Can you give us an idea of which players will go back to Burleigh and which players to Tweed. There are also U20's that have been sent back to club, have played in trials. Some U20's have played Colts, some A Grade & there is at least 1 U20 (nyc) that played in the Qcup trials. The split of players to go back to feeder clubs and which club they go to doesn't seem like it is going to be very even!

gotitans101_
20-04-15, 12:48 PM
deleted - 2013 thread, wtf.