PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Trial: BRONCOS v TITANS at Redcliffe

DIEHARD
08-11-12, 10:11 AM
Broncos v Titans at Redcliffe
February 16th - Dolphin Oval

If you are a rugby league fan then Dolphin Oval is the place to be on February 16, 2013.

In a giant day of Rugby League the Village Motors Redcliffe Dolphins will take on bayside rivals Wynnum Manly and the Brisbane Broncos will take on the Gold Coast Titans.

The Dolphins will take on the Seagulls in three grades on the day, while the Broncos and Titans will clash in under 20s and NRL trial matches.

Further Game Day details and ticketing information will be published as they are confirmed.

By Dolphins Media

Gates Open 11:30am
Redcliffe Dolphins FOGS Colts: 1:45pm
Redcliffe Dolphins FOGS A-Grade: 3:05pm
NYC Broncos V Titans (U20s): 4.25pm
Redcliffe Dolphins ISC (Intrust Super Cup): 6.00pm
Brisbane Broncos V Gold Coast Titans: 7.45pm

GC_Titans_Fan
08-11-12, 02:38 PM
The Dolphins will take on the Seagulls in three grades on the day, while the Broncos and Titans will clash in under 20s and NRL trial matches.

Interesting what that'll mean for the condition of the pitch at the end of the day.

DIEHARD
08-11-12, 04:07 PM
Interesting what that'll mean for the condition of the pitch at the end of the day.

I'm confident it will hold up, its a fine pitch that gets a heavy work out.

DIEHARD
12-11-12, 03:48 PM
CLICK HERE TO BUY TICKETS FOR BRONCOS v TITANS (http://tickets.oztix.com.au/?Event=31103&utm_medium=Website&utm_source=OzTix&utm_content=GigGuide&utm_term=BRONCOS__)

DIEHARD
20-11-12, 07:16 PM

Redcliffe Dolphins ISC (Intrust Super Cup): 6.00pm

Steve
25-11-12, 08:46 AM
This was a good arvo out last year!

GOLDHAMMER
13-12-12, 11:05 AM
Morning all,i will be going to the game while i am on holidays,as im from Sydney was wondering if there is a train that goes to Redcliffe from the Goldie,or is there another way of getting there? Cheers:thumbsup:

DIEHARD
10-02-13, 01:54 PM
Tickets here for our trial next Saturday! CLICK HERE (http://tickets.oztix.com.au/?Event=31103&utm_medium=Website&utm_source=OzTix&utm_content=GigGuide&utm_term=BRONCOS__)

GAME DETAILS

Redcliffe Dolphins ISC (Premier Grade): 6.00pm

DIEHARD
10-02-13, 02:00 PM
Morning all,i will be going to the game while i am on holidays,as im from Sydney was wondering if there is a train that goes to Redcliffe from the Goldie,or is there another way of getting there? Cheers:thumbsup:

Unfortunately no and they have been fighting for this for probably 50 years and successive state and federal governments keep promising it.

You can catch a train to Sandgate station on the Shorncliffe train which you can catch from Central.

Then catch a bus from Sandgate Station and walk 200m.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/reddytrain_zps1b8a84fd.jpg

You could get a cab from Sandgate but that'd probably be $20+

redwine10
10-02-13, 04:09 PM
Hey folks

Do they have much in the way of seating or grandstands at Dolphin?

DIEHARD
10-02-13, 04:29 PM
Hey folks

Do they have much in the way of seating or grandstands at Dolphin?

Not really its all hills or levelsed grass with wooden planks. Last year I went to Broncos v Cowboys there and sat behind the goal posts on the hill. Was good.

It's all GA, so get there early to get the best positions.

DIEHARD
10-02-13, 04:31 PM
To give you a bit of an idea.

http://www.austadiums.com/stadiums/photos/dolphin1.jpg

DIEHARD
11-02-13, 08:37 PM
Broncos and Titans seek halves clarity

Representative halves Peter Wallace and Scott Prince and Brisbane young gun Corey Norman will get equal time to push their 2013 NRL starting claims in Saturday night's pre-season trial against the Gold Coast at Redcliffe.

And they won't be the only halves on the field pushing their case for round one appearances - Titans coach John Cartwright has halves headaches of his own.

Cartwright will use the Dolphin Oval hit out to run his eye over Jordan Rankin, Beau Henry and 21-year-old hopeful Albert Kelly.

Brisbane's Anthony Griffin plans to rotate the trio to give them equal opportunity to press for selection in the club's round one clash against Manly at Suncorp Stadium next month.

"They'll get their chance in the trial," said Griffin who'll rest captain Sam Thaiday and veteran centre Justin Hodges who played 80 minutes of last weekend's All Star game.

"Everybody that is fit will get a run in the trial, they'll all get some time."

On the other side of the park it is Kelly, thrown an NRL lifeline after being sacked by Cronulla and Newcastle, who is hoping to play his way to a Titans contract in the trials.

Prince, a strong performer for the Indigenous All Stars, will relish the opportunity to play against Cartwright and the club which dumped him.

At this stage Wallace and Prince appear the front-runners for the club's season-opening clash against Manly at Suncorp Stadium next moth with Norman likely to come off the Broncos bench.

While senior forward Corey Parker had no idea who would get the No.7 jumper for game one of the season, he said Prince had been fantastic since linking with the club in November.

"From day one when he turned up his experience and his dominance and the way he carries himself have been great," said Parker.

"He's done everything in the game, he's been great at training and his work with the other halves has been really good.

"It's great to have that competition within the team."

http://www.NRL.com

Titanic
12-02-13, 12:11 AM
Am I the only person who saw Prince catch Harrison high early in the All Stars game?

Noddy1979
12-02-13, 06:54 AM
It would of been like being clipped by a new born baby the way Prince tackles.

TITAN PETE
12-02-13, 07:43 AM
Am I the only person who saw Prince catch Harrison high early in the All Stars game?

No I saw it mate & thought why do it to the "Nice Guy" why didn't he swing high on Bird or James :rolleyes:

Titanic
12-02-13, 01:16 PM
No I saw it mate & thought why do it to the "Nice Guy" why didn't he swing high on Bird or James

Perhaps because they would be likely to square it up ... I hope we haven't heard the last of that, if there's one thing that really gets my goat, it's cheap shots.

Hail Sezer
12-02-13, 03:05 PM
The full trial squad is listed below:

Titans vs Broncos
7.45pm - Saturday, February 16
Dolphin Oval, Redcliffe

1 William Zillman
2 Anthony Don
3 Jamal Idris
4 Kevin Gordon
5 David Mead
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Albert Kelly
8 Luke Douglas
9 Matt Srama
10 Ryan James
11 Ben Ridge
12 Mark Minichello
13 Luke O' Dwyer

Interchange
14 David Taylor
15 Luke Page
16 Cody Nelson
17 Shane Gray
18 Beau Falloon
19 Mark Ioane
20 Brad Takarangi
21 Jordan Rankin
22 Jordan Atkins
23 Beau Henry
24 Steve Michaels
25 Jamie Dowling

Hail Sezer
12-02-13, 03:10 PM
Many interesting points.

-Kelly at 7 to partner Sezer.
-Gordon at right centre with Idris at left.
-Carty has opted to include Michaels and Atkins instead of O'Dare, Hunt or Russell. Thought he would have opted to give the young guys a crack who he hasnt seen play much.
-Large squad. Lots of chopping and changing.
-Taylor coming on from interchange.

NYC Team has just been added, I see Matt Russell will be playing fullback for them with Hymel Hunt named to play at left centre.

DIEHARD
12-02-13, 04:26 PM
Taylor to make Titans debut in trial
Adam Gardini

http://staticnrl.sportalhosting.com/site/_content/LeadImage/00058199-leadimage.jpg

New recruit David Taylor will make his first appearance in iSelect Titans colours against his former club, the Brisbane Broncos, in Saturday night?s trial match at Dolphin Oval, Redcliffe.

Taylor was today named by iSelect Titans Coach John Cartwright on the interchange bench in a strong 25-man squad which also includes Indigenous All Stars duo Ryan James and Aidan Sezer.

A host of regular NRL stars have also been named to play their first matches of 2013 including William Zillman, Jamal Idris, Kevin Gordon and David Mead.

The full trial squad is listed below:

Titans vs Broncos
Dolphin Oval, Redcliffe
1 William Zillman
2 Anthony Don
3 Jamal Idris
4 Kevin Gordon
5 David Mead
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Albert Kelly
8 Luke Douglas
9 Matt Srama
10 Ryan James
11 Ben Ridge
12 Mark Minichello
13 Luke O' Dwyer

Interchange
14 David Taylor
15 Luke Page
16 Cody Nelson
17 Shane Gray
18 Beau Falloon
19 Mark Ioane
20 Brad Takarangi
21 Jordan Rankin
22 Jordan Atkins
23 Beau Henry
24 Steve Michaels
25 Jamie Dowling

Titans NYC vs Broncos NYC
1 Matthew Russell
2 Kurtis MacDonald
3 Hymenl Hunt
4 Mitchum Ardler
5 Tevita Folau
6 Matt Beddow
7 Jamal Fogarty
8 Oliver Percy
9 Zach Friend
10 Francis Veukiso
11 Sam Johnson
12 Kyle McConnell
13 Mitchell Hall
14 Caleb Binge
15 Sam Gee
16 Matt Applebee
17 Douglas Faaiu
18 Richard Tuala
19 Sam harrold
20 McCauley Dawson
21 Adam Gledhill
22 Ryan Diffey
23 Seti Launivao

Source: http://www.titans.com.au

DIEHARD
12-02-13, 04:30 PM
Pleased to see Mead moved to centre. That is something. Though maybe we will see him switch with Zillman at #1 during the match.

Great to see Albert partner with Sezer.

I'm sure we will see more mixing and matching and it wont be until the next game that we really get a clearer idea of what's going on. I think it's obvious that some of the youngsters we have our eyes on are destined to cut their teeth in Queensland Cup. That's ok just as long as we buck our club trend of ignoring our state cup stocks.

DIEHARD
12-02-13, 04:35 PM
Who is headed to the game?

thelwall
12-02-13, 04:37 PM
white out for the season :(

DIEHARD
12-02-13, 04:53 PM
white out for the season :(

Terrible news. White was one of my favourites. Hard to be struck down in the first trial...

DIEHARD
12-02-13, 05:53 PM
Cartwright talks Broncos trial

CLICK HERE TO VIEW VIDEO (http://www.titans.com.au/news-display/titans/68279)

iSelect Titans head coach John Cartwright has decided to bring in a host of big names for the weekend?s trial against the Brisbane Broncos at Redcliffe.

David Taylor is the biggest inclusion, with the 24-year-old set to play his first game in Titans colours. Cartwright said he would not manage Taylor?s game time despite overcoming injury in the pre-season.

Aidan Sezer and Ryan James will return along with William Zillman, Jamal Idris, David Mead and Kevin Gordon, who will play in the centres.

Titans TV caught up with Cartwright to discuss the weekend?s team, as well as his expectations going into the Broncos clash.

http://www.titans.com.au/

Julius Sezer
12-02-13, 06:22 PM
Seems like Anthony Don has a good shot at the winger position. Id much rather have Mead in the centres than Gordon. Both should be on the left side as well. Idris and Don on the right side.

DIEHARD
12-02-13, 07:35 PM
Broncos New Boys Set For 'Second Debuts'

SCOTT Prince and David Stagg will make their 'second' debuts for the Broncos this Saturday night at Redcliffe's Dolphin Oval.

Both were named on the bench to meet the Gold Coast Titans in a full-scale NRL trial.

Prince will have to cool his heels until later in the match, with Peter Wallace and Corey Norman to get first crack in the halves.
Ben Hunt has been named at hooker.

The Broncos have named a strong pack, with internationals Alex Glenn, Matt Gillett and Corey Parker forming the back row.

Sam Thaiday is still recovering from a shoulder surgery but is a possibility to play in the Broncos final trial in New Zealand next week.

The Redcliffe crowd will have plenty to cheer for with local products Josh Hoffman, Delroy Berryman, Nick Slyney and Joe Bond all named to play.
The match will kick off at 7.30pm.

Broncos team to play Titans:
1 Josh Hoffman
2 Delroy Berryman
3 Dale Copley
4 Jordan Kahu
5 Lachlan Maranta
6 Corey Norman
7 Peter Wallace
8 Josh McGuire
9 Ben Hunt
10 Mitchell Dodds
11 Alex Glenn
12 Matt Gillett
13 Corey Parker

Interchange
14 Scott Prince
15 Dunamis Lui
16 Scott Anderson
17 David Stagg
18 Jarrod Wallace
19 Jake Granville
20 Francis Molo
21 Nick Slyney
22 Joe Bond
23 Denan Kemp

Coach Anthony Griffin

Titanic
12-02-13, 10:06 PM
Taylor is the biggest name ... did he mean most prodigious in reputation or largest in size? Paronomasia (puns) and sport reporting go together like Idris at a cucumber and watercress sandwich buffet.

Smakked
12-02-13, 10:37 PM
I hope to see taylor run through prince :D

Chaos
12-02-13, 10:46 PM
I hope to see taylor run through prince :D

Be funny if he hurt him again...now they have swapped teams

Chaos
12-02-13, 10:53 PM
Good to see James starting the game but the most interesting watch will be the Sezer/Kelly combo.
I don't expect them to click straight away but hopefully they compliment each other.

Keep an eye out for the two second rowers (Ridge and Mini)...they'll be trying to out-play one another.

patskE
12-02-13, 11:38 PM
y is Atkins even on the bench... zzzzz
are mead n gordon on the same side? i rkn you will see them switching all the time. could be a good game plan tbh

Smakked
12-02-13, 11:53 PM
All eyes will be on Sezer/Kelly thats for sure, if that goes right it will be a good day.

Big Dan
12-02-13, 11:59 PM
Albert Kelly will do just fine this year lets all get behind the young bloke.

lonegull
13-02-13, 03:18 PM
Anyone know who is in the NYC for this weekend?

Hail Sezer
13-02-13, 03:20 PM
Anyone know who is in the NYC for this weekend?

1 Matthew Russell
2 Kurtis MacDonald
3 Hymel Hunt
4 Mitchum Ardler
5 Tevita Folau
6 Matt Beddow
7 Jamal Fogarty
8 Oliver Percy
9 Zach Friend
10 Francis Veukiso
11 Sam Johnson
12 Kyle McConnell
13 Mitchell Hall
14 Caleb Binge
15 Sam Gee
16 Matt Applebee
17 Douglas Faaiu
18 Richard Tuala
19 Sam harrold
20 McCauley Dawson
21 Adam Gledhill
22 Ryan Diffey
23 Seti Launivao

Surfers66
13-02-13, 04:12 PM

1 Matthew Russell
2 Kurtis MacDonald
3 Hymel Hunt
4 Mitchum Ardler5 Tevita Folau
6 Matt Beddow
7 Jamal Fogarty
8 Oliver Percy
9 Zach Friend
10 Francis Veukiso
11 Sam Johnson
12 Kyle McConnell
13 Mitchell Hall
14 Caleb Binge
15 Sam Gee
16 Matt Applebee
17 Douglas Faaiu
18 Richard Tuala
19 Sam harrold
20 McCauley Dawson
21 Adam Gledhill
22 Ryan Diffey
23 Seti Launivao

I thought Mitch went quite well in the trial, seemed to step in a bit and his wing didnt see that much ball but could be an up and comer.

redwine10
13-02-13, 09:06 PM
The hooker, Zach Friend impressed me. Has potential

redwine10
13-02-13, 09:09 PM
Can any body tell me the name of the young English prop we brought out here and when he will be playing?

Hail Sezer
13-02-13, 09:11 PM

Hooker is the position the Titans seem to develop well. Srama, Lawton, Irwin.

Anyone see how Tevita Folau went last week? Obv interested because of Israel's talents

lonegull
13-02-13, 09:16 PM
Can any body tell me the name of the young English prop we brought out here and when he will be playing?

Number 21 Adam gledhill

mdrew
13-02-13, 10:00 PM
he is more of a wing or fullback in my opinion

I thought Mitch went quite well in the trial, seemed to step in a bit and his wing didnt see that much ball but could be an up and comer.

mdrew
13-02-13, 10:01 PM
Very good ball runner

DIEHARD
13-02-13, 10:17 PM
Saw this a couple days ago on the Broncos facebook page. Had to share.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/photo_zpsbacfb7e5.png

TITAN PETE
14-02-13, 07:00 AM
Saw this a couple days ago on the Broncos facebook page. Had to share.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/photo_zpsbacfb7e5.png

That's an Insult :mad:

TITAN PETE
14-02-13, 07:02 AM
Titans giants to make formidable pair

Travis Meyn | February 13th, 2013

THE Gold Coast Titans are set to unleash one of the biggest right-side pairings in the NRL with man-mountains Dave Taylor and Jamal Idris.

Titans coach John Cartwright is toying with the idea of running two of the NRL's biggest players in a tandem pairing that will have opposition defences cowering.

At 118kg, Idris is already one of the biggest centres in the game. He spent most of 2012 on the left side but is more comfortable at right centre.

Taylor is about 122kg and is a wrecking ball in full flight on the right edge.

The former Rabbitoh and Bronco will come off the bench in his first outing for the Titans against the Broncos in a pre-season trial at Redcliffe on Saturday.

It's likely he will slot into the place of Mark Minichiello and if Idris is floating on the right side it could be a tough night for Brisbane's left edge.

Titans assistant coach Trevor Gillmeister said the one-two punch could be a devastating weapon for the Gold Coast this year.

"Carty has tossed up a couple of things," Gillmeister said.

"Dave probably prefers the right but he can play on the left as well. I think it's going to come down to the balance of the team.

"It'll depend on a few blokes, especially guys like Jamal. If we had Jamal and Dave on one side (of the field), I'm sure I'd prefer to be on the other side if I was tackling.

"It can work both ways. If we haven't got much ball, the bigger blokes can tire a bit more but if we've got plenty of footy I know where I'd prefer to be defending."

Taylor has had an injury-plagued pre-season, battling an achilles strain which ruled him out of the All Stars match before cutting his foot on a piece of glass. Gillmeister said the Titans wanted Taylor to play a low-risk game and not try to be the matchwinner every week.

"A lot of people think they can find the key with one bloke but I think a lot of it comes down to maturity," he said.

"He's getting a bit more mature and I think he has to get through to himself that he doesn't have to be the game winner every week.

"He doesn't have to beat three defenders every time he has the footy.

"He doesn't have to worry about the big plays so much."

Cartwright has named speedster Kevin Gordon in the centres as he searches for a replacement for Beau Champion.

William Zillman, David Mead, Aidan Sezer and Ryan James will make their first appearances for the Titans this year while former Gold Coast captain Scott Prince has been named on the Broncos bench.

Co-captains Nate Myles and Greg Bird will miss the match along with lock Ashley Harrison while prop Matt White was yesterday ruled out for the season with a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament.

"I'm shattered for Whitey. He was finally starting to believe like he belonged in the NRL," Gillmeister said.

DIEHARD
14-02-13, 03:03 PM
OzTix sold out of tickets overnight! Don't worry though - we're organising more now...You won't miss out tho, get them direct from the club today

Surfers66
14-02-13, 03:10 PM
People really want to see Princey get smashed...haha

DIEHARD
14-02-13, 03:11 PM
Mead looking forward to some football

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MEAD VIDEO (http://www.titans.com.au/news-display/titans/68374)

David Mead will get his first taste of the football this season after being named in Saturday?s trial against the Broncos in Redcliffe.

Mead said he is looking forward to the clash after what has been a gruelling pre-season.

"I'm excited, day one we came back and had a 2km run and then a beep test and hopefully the hard work from that day up until now will pay of this weekend."

Mead has been named on the wing alongside Kevin Gordon, which is a new experience for both given they generally line up on opposite wings.

"It will be interesting to see how Kevin goes in the centres, that's where he played as a junior and that was the reason he got picked up by the Titans, so I think he'll go well and hopefully get some tries too," said Mead.

The winger said he was expecting a tough encounter on Saturday night against what is a strong Broncos outfit.

""I'm just expecting a real hard game from them; they?re always pretty tough and strong. We just have to go out there and play as a team and hopefully come away with a win."

http://www.titans.com.au/

DIEHARD
14-02-13, 04:31 PM
Adam McKenzie tells me that tickets are back on OzTix

TitansFan2020
14-02-13, 11:18 PM
hahahha imagine taylor as right winger

2. Mead
3. Gordon

Fastest combo in the comp

4. Idris
5. Taylor

Biggest combo in the comp

Have fun trying to defend that NRL

Julius Sezer
14-02-13, 11:39 PM
4. Idris
5. Taylor

Biggest combo in the comp

Would rather want

4. Taylor
5. Idris

Would be fun to watch :thumbsup:

gothabull
15-02-13, 11:10 AM
will be interesting seeing kevy and mead playing together very hard to handle i reckon and our new halves combination is what im waiting for the most also wouldnt mind some big hits on prince lol:thumbsup:

Titanic
15-02-13, 02:24 PM
One big hit should do it ... Taylor can replay his elbow to the sternum trick.

Toads
15-02-13, 03:26 PM
Yes, put me down as another one that wants to see Princey get popped like a over-sized, over-ripe zit! :laugh:

DIEHARD
15-02-13, 03:41 PM
Punted Prince set to inspire

LEAGUE legend Wally Lewis has backed Scott Prince to find "inspiration" from his Titans punting as the former Gold Coast captain prepares to face his former teammates for the first time tomorrow.

Prince will come off the bench for the Brisbane Broncos in tomorrow night's pre-season trial at Redcliffe, just over three months since he was controversially released from the club he helped build.

All eyes are on the veteran halfback to see if the Titans' decision to move him on will come back to haunt the Gold Coast this season or whether the club's decision to look to the future was the right call.

Lewis, who himself was pushed out of the Broncos towards the end of his career, said Prince could channel those feelings into inspiration for the season.

"It's an unusual feeling (playing against your old club) but I'm sure Princey's had a bit of experience in that before," he said.

"There's probably always that thing in the back of the mind that's an assistant to your inspiration.

"You want to chalk up a win and make it more painful for them (old club)."

Prince is still close friends with many of the Titans players but there is plenty of animosity between the club's hierarchy and their former halfback.

The 32-year-old is trying to push his way into the Broncos starting side and will need to unseat either Peter Wallace or Corey Norman for a spot in the playmaking division.

Origin great Lewis, who linked with the Gold Coast Seagulls after being cut by Brisbane, said Prince would be more focused on playing his way into a jersey than getting revenge on his old club.

"Princey's never been a bitter sort of bloke. He's always been quite light-hearted and a happy fellow," he said. "It's not in his character to be spiteful nor is it in his build to be spiteful on the field.

"If he's in a mood to try and provide the best knockout punch of all that will be on the scoreboard rather than throwing one on the chin of a former teammate.

"I'm sure Scott probably feels that the best thing he can possibly do is concentrate more on the game plan.

"All concentration will be on following the plan given to him by the coach."

Many believe Prince's departure will be the best thing to happen to him and the Titans.

It could reinvigorate the talented halfback as well as breathe life into a stale Titans attack.

"That could provide extra inspiration rather than just being at the same place and following the same plan year after year," Lewis said.

"Others might believe it's a little bit easier to stick to the plan you know so well.

"I feel that the best thing is to make sure you have that inspiration and the will to win is there every day of the week. The switch will provide that quiet comfort for Princey."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au

DIEHARD
15-02-13, 03:44 PM
James earns starting spot for Broncos trial

iSelect Titans Coach John Cartwright says the club is looking forward to seeing towering prop Ryan James back in club colours after a strong performance for the Indigenous All Stars last weekend.

James showed he had well and truly recovered from a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his knee which ruled him out for the best part of 12 months after producing a strong showing in the Indigenous All Stars? victory against the NRL All Stars at Suncorp Stadium last weekend.

While the club?s front row stocks suffered a blow on Monday with the news that prop Matt White will miss the remainder of the season with the same injury that James suffered in 2011, Cartwright said he was keen to see James back in Titans colours.

James will start in the front row for the Titans in Saturday night?s second trial match against the Brisbane Broncos at Redcliffe.

?Ryan, having that 12 months under his belt as far as his recovery from his knee injury is concerned, we?re looking forward to getting him out on the paddock,?? said Cartwright.

?Losing Matty White is a huge blow for us. He?s been a tremendous player for us over the last couple of years and has forced his way into the 17 permanently over the last 12 months in particular so that?s a major loss.
?It leaves us a little bit thin in that front row area, you never like to lose anyone for the whole season, it?s unfortunate for Matt, but that?ll open up the door for someone.??

Hail Sezer
15-02-13, 06:26 PM
Ryan James is out apparently with a groin injury.

iSelect Titans prop Ryan James has been ruled out of tonight's trial match against the Brisbane Broncos with a groin injury.
James, who had initially been named in the starting front row for tonight's match, was withdrawn after suffering from groin soreness during the week.
Former Warriors and Raiders prop Mark Ioane is tipped to start in James' place, with Coach John Cartwright to make a decision this afternoon closer to kick-off.

Titans vs Broncos
Dolphin Oval, Redcliffe

1 William Zillman
2 Anthony Don
3 Jamal Idris
4 Kevin Gordon
5 David Mead
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Albert Kelly
8 Luke Douglas
9 Matt Srama
19 Mark Ioane
11 Ben Ridge
12 Mark Minichello
13 Luke O' Dwyer
Interchange
14 David Taylor
15 Luke Page
16 Cody Nelson
17 Shane Gray
18 Beau Falloon
20 Brad Takairangi
21 Jordan Rankin
22 Jordan Atkins
23 Beau Henry
24 Steve Michaels
25 Jamie Dowling

http://www.titans.com.au/news-display/Late-mail-James-out-with-injury/68447

teke
15-02-13, 07:07 PM
will be interesting seeing kevy and mead playing together very hard to handle i reckon and our new halves combination is what im waiting for the most also wouldnt mind some big hits on prince lol:thumbsup:unfortunately kev will be at left centre

DIEHARD
15-02-13, 07:26 PM
Late mail: James out with injury

iSelect Titans prop Ryan James has been ruled out of tomorrow night's trial match against the Brisbane Broncos with a groin injury.

James, who had initially been named in the starting front row for the match, was withdrawn after suffering from groin soreness during the week.

Former Warriors and Raiders prop Mark Ioane is tipped to start in James' place, with Coach John Cartwright to make a decision closer to kick-off.

redwine10
15-02-13, 08:04 PM
Staying at Redcliffe for the night and it is bloody wet and cold. sun better shine tomorrow. Should be right as it apparently shines out of Prince's a..e.

Hail Sezer
15-02-13, 09:33 PM
Staying at Redcliffe for the night and it is bloody wet and cold. sun better shine tomorrow. Should be right as it apparently shines out of Prince's a..e.

Hahaha. Speaking of Prince..I found this pic to be quite relative.

Prince and Sezer, with Prince looking blurry/irrelevant and Sezer taking centre stage. Birdy looking in the right direction. Reminiscent of the 2013 Titans.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/06b3dfd2c36152571dfbd0c48669768b/tumblr_mi1qiajJk81r3frnvo1_1280.jpg

Looking forward to Sezer and Kelly dominating tomorrow night.

teke
15-02-13, 10:19 PM
I'm thinking Prince might carve tomorrow night.

Our young boys could be taken to school

Smakked
15-02-13, 11:19 PM
I'm thinking Prince might carve tomorrow night.

Our young boys could be taken to school

Cant carve if he is broken? LOL
Jamal and DT to double team him LOL

Chaserz
16-02-13, 12:02 AM
Hahaha, LOVE the picture with Sezer, Birdy and Princey

Toads
16-02-13, 12:47 PM
Hahaha, LOVE the picture with Sezer, Birdy and Princey

It'd be pretty safe to say that that'd be Ryan James hair on the right side of picture?

gothabull
16-02-13, 05:42 PM
so i guess it will be a pretty wet track and a bit scrappy tonight after all this rain?

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 05:47 PM
NYC team is up 12-4

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 06:30 PM
NYC Update:

Titans 20-10 Broncos

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 06:32 PM
NYC Update:

Titans 26-10 Broncos

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 06:41 PM
NYC Update:

Titans 30-10 Broncos

DIEHARD
16-02-13, 06:51 PM
Hi gang. Unfortunately I couldn't make it up. Had a serious family situation, will be away for a few days.

But for tonight I shall be joining you here. Watching twitter and getting texts.

Go Titans!

DIEHARD
16-02-13, 06:53 PM
Prince will be out with something to prove. So it's up to us to shut him down. Just like many teams have done to us.

DIEHARD
16-02-13, 06:54 PM
HS doing a great job keeping the scores flowing mate.

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 06:55 PM
Good to see you'll be following the updates closely as well DH! Hope the family sitch is all good.

Yeah for sure about Prince, he's fighting for a spot as well so no doubt he will be looking to (try and) apply himself on defence sufficiently. Gl tackling DT.

DIEHARD
16-02-13, 06:57 PM
32-14 now at Dolphin Oval.

hatchy84
16-02-13, 07:01 PM
As long as he got 5th tackle kicking balls will go dead and out on the full all night

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 07:06 PM
Full time NYC

Titans 42-14 Broncos.

Good win!

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 07:08 PM
Will be good to hear how Matty Russell and Hymel Hunt went

Mr Stupid
16-02-13, 07:17 PM
Tuning in for the updates which i really appreciate. is there a twitter feed guys?

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 07:22 PM
Tuning in for the updates which i really appreciate. is there a twitter feed guys?

Im just looking at the one on the Titans website. Here is a direct link to it:

https://twitter.com/GCTitans

Mr Stupid
16-02-13, 07:26 PM
Im just looking at the one on the Titans website. Here is a direct link to it:

https://twitter.com/GCTitans

Yes got it thanks HS

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 07:33 PM
Kickoff in 10?

gothabull
16-02-13, 07:36 PM
go titansssss!:fight: :fight: :fight:

lonegull
16-02-13, 07:47 PM
Full time NYC

Titans 42-14 Broncos.

Good win!

Look forward to hearing about this game great win for the NYC team

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 07:48 PM
When does it start? Now or in an hour? Please don't say an hour.

DIEHARD
16-02-13, 08:25 PM
At 7:45pm I believe.

Julius Sezer
16-02-13, 08:52 PM
kick off to begin. Go Titans!

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 08:55 PM
And we're underway

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 08:57 PM
TRY to the Broncos, Josh Hoffman. Conversion waived away. Broncos 4 - Titans 0 #GCTitansFamily

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 09:00 PM
TRY to the Titans, Albert Kelly scores under the posts. Sezer converts. Titans 6 - Broncos 4 #GCTitansFamily

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 09:06 PM
Titans come up just short of their second try, Luke O'Dwyer held up over the line. #GCTitansFamily

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 09:09 PM
http://staticnrl.sportalhosting.com/site/_content/LeadImage/00058821-leadimage.jpg

The iSelect Gold Coast Titans NYC side has scored its second trial match victory with a 42-14 win over the Broncos Under-20s at Redcliffe tonight.
The Titans led 12-10 at halftime and went on with the job in the second half in a seven-tries-to-three victory.

Halfback Jamal Fogarty produced a perfect goal kicking display, landing seven from seven conversions for a personal haul of 14 points.

Titans duo Oliver Percy and Mitch Ardler opened the scoring for the Gold Coast in the first half.

The Titans then produced a 30-point second half courtesy of tries to Matt Russell, Kurtis McDonald, Hymel Hunt, Jahrome Hughes and Sam Gee.

The win follows on from a victory over the Burleigh Bears in the Titans' Under-20s opening trial match for 2013 last weekend.

TITANS NYC 42 (O Percy, M Ardler, M Russell, K McDonald, H Hunt, J Hughes, Sam Gee tries, J Fogarty 7 goals) defeated BRONCOS NYC 14 (C Cullen 2, J Forrester tries; A Taylor goal).

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 09:14 PM
William Zillman has been sent to the Sin Bin after holding down too long after a try saving tackle #GCTitansFamily

DIEHARD
16-02-13, 09:18 PM
Hope that doesnt cost us the game.

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 09:18 PM
Not long until halftime here at Dolphin Oval, the Titans lead the Broncos 6-4 #GCTitansFamily

Mr Stupid
16-02-13, 09:22 PM
Hope we don't concede points while a man down

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 09:23 PM
Hope that doesnt cost us the game.

William Zillman comes back onto the field after serving his time in the Sin Bin #GCTitansFamily

Looks like we held up alright which is good.

hatchy84
16-02-13, 09:25 PM
How's alby going is prince on yet

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 09:28 PM
TRY - David Mead goes over in the corner not long before half-time. Titans 10-4 #GCTitansFamily

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 09:29 PM
Conversion from Sezer waived away. Score remains Titans 10- Broncos 4 #GCTitansFamily

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 09:32 PM
TITANS TRY - Beau Falloon scores from dummy half to take the scoreline to 14-4 with a kick to come #GCTitansFamily

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 09:32 PM
Coversion from Sezer is good and the Titans lead 16-4

Julius Sezer
16-02-13, 09:33 PM
Goooo Titans!

Hail Sezer
Half-Time here at Dolphin Oval, Redcliffe and the Titans are leading the Broncos 16-4 #GCTitansFamily

Thoughts so far?

thelwall
is there a game falloon doesnt score from dummy

TitansFan2020
16-02-13, 09:34 PM
TTIIITTTANNNSSS YOU LITTTLEE BEAUTIES!!!!!

Mr Stupid
16-02-13, 09:34 PM
Looking very good. Did Beau score a similar try last week?

DavidBouveng
16-02-13, 09:36 PM

yeah last week too.

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 09:36 PM
is there a game falloon doesnt score from dummy

Lol, so true

Yeah I think so

DIEHARD
16-02-13, 09:39 PM
Really starting to wish I went. Love smashing the Broncos!

Superman Bailey
16-02-13, 09:42 PM
Keep it up boys!

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 09:43 PM
The Titans are back out for the second half just as the rain begins to stop here at Dolphin Oval #GCTitansFamily

Julius Sezer
16-02-13, 09:45 PM
looks like Titans are dominating!

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 09:46 PM
Wonder if Alby has been taken off. Am looking forward to hearing how he went.

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 09:50 PM
5mins gone here in the 2nd half at Redcliffe and its still the Titans leading the Broncos 16-4 #GCTitansFamily

thelwall
16-02-13, 09:53 PM
hoping idris - or taylor send princess home on a stretcher

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 09:54 PM
Broncos knock it on 10m out from their own line after Hoffman spills a bomb from Beau Henry #GCTitansFamily

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 09:56 PM
Lets hope we can capitalise on this field position

Julius Sezer
16-02-13, 09:57 PM
it really does sound like we are dominating. Life after Prince!

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 09:58 PM
Broncos score through Corey Norman after a Scott Prince grubber rebounds off the post. Titans 16-8 #GCTitansFamily

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 09:58 PM
Typical Prince rebounding a kick off the post

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 09:59 PM
Prince converts, Titans 16- Broncos 10 #GCTitansFamily

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 10:02 PM
Broncos force a drop-out after a half break from Scott Prince #GCTitansFamily

:/

Mr Stupid
16-02-13, 10:02 PM

How often did we delight at him doing that to oppositions

DIEHARD
16-02-13, 10:03 PM
Exciting stuff.

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 10:04 PM
Titans turn it over close to the line after Matt Srama goes close to scoring #GCTitansFamily

Is this game just going end to end?

DIEHARD
16-02-13, 10:08 PM

One of his few trick shots.

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 10:10 PM
Halfway through the 2nd half here at Dolphin Oval and its still the Titans 16- Broncos 10 #GCTitansFamily

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 10:17 PM
Broncos go wide from the restart and Denan Kemp scores in the corner #GCTitansFamily

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 10:18 PM
Conversion is waived away and the Titans lead the Broncos 16-14 #GCTitansFamily

9 to go

Mr Stupid
16-02-13, 10:20 PM
Two points up in dying mins

DIEHARD
Edge of your seat stuff and that is without even seeing the game! Come on Titans!

Hail Sezer
Broncos are called back for a forward pass after looking like scoring in the corner #GCTitansFamily

Mr Stupid
16-02-13, 10:21 PM
Did Princeton miss converson

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 10:23 PM
Inside the final ten minutes and its still the Titans 16 - Broncos 14 #GCTitansFamily

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 10:26 PM
Not long left here at Dolphin Oval and its still the Titans 16-14

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 10:27 PM
Titans have a penalty and will get the ball 20m out from the line

Mr Stupid
16-02-13, 10:28 PM
We win yessss

Hail Sezer
16-02-13, 10:29 PM
Fulltime here at Dolphin Oval and the Titans hang on to win it 16-14

DavidBouveng
16-02-13, 10:29 PM
winner winner chicken dinner

Smakked
16-02-13, 10:30 PM
Good win by teh sounds of it

Superman Bailey
16-02-13, 10:30 PM
And many more to come!

DIEHARD
16-02-13, 10:31 PM
Hell yea! Great way to start to season so far! Well done team. Looking forward to reports and comments flow in with video and pics.

Mexican titan
16-02-13, 10:33 PM
Don't normally have any interest in trials but this will be a good confidence booster. Will be great to hear how the halves and centre pairings went.

gothabull
16-02-13, 10:37 PM
cant wait to see some highlights and and hear how everyone went especially kelly and sezer

DIEHARD
16-02-13, 10:54 PM
Broncos Just Fall To Titans
Bronco Media

THE NRMA Insurance Brisbane Broncos have just fallen short with a 16-14 loss to the Gold Coast Titans at Redcliffe tonight.

Despite keeping the Titans scoreless in the second half, Brisbane were unable to mow down the Titans as poor ball control cost the Broncos dearly.

The trial marked the return of three former Broncos in Scott Prince, David Stagg and Denan Kemp but the signs are still positive for Brisbane find form before round-one against Manly.

Brisbane opening proceedings 12 minutes into the second half as Scott Prince deliberately aimed a grubber kick towards the right hand post of the Leagues Club end, with the rebound gratefully collected by Corey Norman.

With Corey Parker having a spell on the sideline, Prince stepped up to slot the conversion which breathed life back into the contest at 16-10.

Both sides toiled away for the next 15 minutes, but it was Brisbane who began to assert their authority with another try.

After a bomb was kicked and regathered by Brisbane, the ball was thrown out to Denan Kemp who showed a great turn of speed to score in the corner.

Peter Wallace assumed kicking duties on this occasion but his effort fell short of the posts and the score remained 16-14 to the Titans.

As the crowd became more vocal, the Broncos started to chance their arm by throwing the ball more often towards their youthful backline.

But time ran out for Brisbane as the Titans held on for a 16-14 victory.

With fireworks going off at the Northern end throughout the opening minutes of the game, the real fireworks on the field only started for Brisbane after eight minutes when Josh Hoffman found the line.

Former Redcliffe Dolphin Hoffman sold a dummy to the Titans defence allowing him to scoot his way over the line from 30 metres out.

Although the Titans were able to hit back almost immediately after Brisbane coughed up possession close to halfway.

From the ensuing set Gold Coast halfback Albert Kelly found space to sidestep his way through Brisbane’s line and plant the ball under the posts to hand the Titans an early 6-4 lead.

An injury to Dale Copley saw Denan Kemp make an earlier than expected second debut for the Broncos, having last worn the Maroon and Gold back in 2010.

Copley’s injury is due to be assessed by Brisbane’s medical staff tomorrow.
Not long after Kemp’s introduction, David Stagg made his return to Broncos’ colours and was instantly required to take on his familiar role as a defensive workhorse due to Brisbane’s continued lack of ball control.

With Brisbane failing to gain any foothold on the game, Scott Prince was introduced on the half-hour mark.

However his first contribution was a forgettable one as his penalty kicked failed to find touch which proved costly for the Broncos.

Gold Coast spread the ball out wide towards Jamal Idris and the towering Titans centre was able to attract two Brisbane defenders and deliver a perfectly timed flick pass to David Mead who dashed over in the corner to take the score to 10-4.

As Dolphin Oval was briefly lashed by a passing rain shower close to halftime, the heavens threaten to open on the Broncos defensive line as the Titans went on the attack again.

Unfortunately for Brisbane, they were unable to hold out the opposition and Gold Coast interchange Brad Takairangi slipped his way over the chalk seconds before the halftime siren.

Aidan Sezer landed the conversion as the Titans were rewarded for their first half dominance with a lead of 16-4.

Brisbane will play their final pre-season trial against the Warriors on Saturday February 23 at the unique indoor arena, Forsyth Barr Stadium in Dunedin.

Gold Coast Titans 16 (Albert Kelly, David Mead, Brad Takairangi tries; Aidan Sezer 2 goals) def. Brisbane Broncos 14 (Josh Hoffman, Corey Norman, Denan Kemp tries; Scott Prince goal) at Dolphin Oval, Redcliffe.
Halftime: 16-4 Titans.

http://www.broncos.com.au

Titanic
16-02-13, 11:10 PM
DH, I hope everything sorts itself at home.

Onya boys, any win over those show ponies is worth its weight in Jupiter's chips.

Big Dan
16-02-13, 11:24 PM
Boys have a few xxxx for me wish i could have been at Redcliffe to watch the game but in Sydney Any ne.ws on Albert Kelly how he went.

Tamwelg
17-02-13, 07:02 AM
Tough Titans more than a handful for Broncos

Travis Meyn From: The Courier-Mail February 17, 2013 12:00AM

BIG money combination Dave Taylor and Jamal Idris lived up to expectations last night as the Gold Coast's right-side weapons terrorised the Brisbane Broncos in a 16-14 trial win at Redcliffe.

Weighing in at a tidy 109kg this year, towering centre Idris looked a different man to his failed 2012 campaign, forming a potentially devastating combination with ex-Rabbitoh Taylor who was playing his first game for the club.

"He (Idris) was the most pleasing aspect (of the game). He had a bit of a chequered off-season but I think it was good for him," coach John Cartwright said. "He got a lot of miles in his legs and worked very hard.

"To look at him and see how confident he was within himself was a really good sign for us.

"Hopefully we can get a bit of space and get them (Idris and Taylor) some time with the ball. They'll be hard to handle."

Idris was a handful for the Broncos defence in his first-half stint, producing a number of strong runs and putting winger David Mead in for a try with a deft off-load.

Taylor played 40 minutes in his first hit-out but showed enough to impress Cartwright despite having a limited pre-season with achilles and foot injuries.

Up against his former team for the first time, former Titans skipper Scott Prince produced a mixed bag in front of 4510 fans at Dolphin Oval, starting the game tentatively but working his way into the action to bring the Broncos back from a 12-point half-time deficit.

Albert Kelly all but sewed up Prince's old jersey as he bamboozled Broncos fullback Josh Hoffman for the first points of the night, while speedster Kevin Gordon may find himself at left centre this year after impressing in the position.

Kelly linked well with five-eighth Aidan Sezer as they controlled the Titans for the first half before being benched in the second for Jordan Rankin and Beau Henry, who were not as clinical in their decision-making.

Titans fullback William Zillman made a shaky start to 2013, missing a tearaway Hoffman to allow his Broncos opposite to score before being sent to the sin bin for a professional foul.

The Broncos failed to capitalise on Zillman's absence despite injecting Prince into the game against a 12-man opposition.

Tries to Norman and returning Broncos winger Denan Kemp set up an exciting finish but the second-string Titans were good enough to hold on for a two-point win.

couriermail.com.au

TITAN PETE
17-02-13, 07:42 AM
Sounds like a good team effort tonight & very pleasing to hear about Kelly & big Jamma's efforts in the win, it's only a trial & trials mean nothing unless u are beating the Donkeys :D

Titanic Believer
17-02-13, 08:30 AM
Very encouraging to see things coming together for the halves and their backup.
Presently at Brisbane International Broncos are here surprised to see them heading off somewhere so soon after a tough trial.

mdrew
17-02-13, 08:42 AM
A Bronco's mate who went to the games noted that Oliver Percy was great in the NYC. A young Grafton boy. Well done!

Julius Sezer
17-02-13, 10:30 AM
Prince will be doing all the work for Broncos it seems this season.

Julius Sezer
17-02-13, 10:31 AM
anyone watched the game live? Perhaps they can give a proper insight into how things went.

Hail Sezer
17-02-13, 10:38 AM
anyone watched the game live? Perhaps they can give a proper insight into how things went.

Yeah I'm looking forward to a review from someone who was at the match. Really interested to hear how Kelly and Sezer went as well as Gordon at left centre.

K2G
17-02-13, 10:55 AM
Prince will be doing all the work for Broncos it seems this season.

I didn't go to the game, but from what I've heard, old princey had quite the mixed bag. Not kicking out of play for a penalty, handling issues, not wrapping up defenders (DT) leading to a try (to Mead) ... Although he did keep the donkey's in the game towards the end. I'm glad he is Brisbane's enigma to sort out now.

Yeah I'm looking forward to a review from someone who was at the match. Really interested to hear how Kelly and Sezer went as well as Gordon at left centre.

+1 :thumbsup: ... would love to hear first hand how the team went, stand out performances etc. Seems like there was some confusion surrounding Titans last try. Some reports say it was Falloon, some say Takairangi?

Good tough win against a quality team by reputation, with no injuries to boot. Exactly what we needed.

Hail Sezer
17-02-13, 12:08 PM
Upon reading this (http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/tough-titans-more-than-a-handful-for-broncos/story-e6frep5x-1226579569876) article, it seems like Kelly and Sezer had 40 minutes and then Rankin and Henry had the second 40.

Taking into account we scored 16 points in the first half and 0 in the second, Kelly and Sezer must have combined decently. Mind you, we also had DT and Jamal on for that first 40 too. Positive signs nonetheless.

Carty's focus for the next trial will surely be on the left centre position. I'm liking the idea of Gordon or Mead filling it, but then that opens up a wing spot. Don or O'Dare will hopefully be battling it out for that if that's what happens.

Hail Sezer
17-02-13, 12:20 PM
Also, sounds like Zillman didn't go too well.

Titanic
17-02-13, 01:25 PM
This is the year he gets found out, I reckon.

Tamwelg
17-02-13, 03:05 PM

I'm rapt with the way the side is starting to look, but I'd rater see Zilly at left centre and Russell, Mead, Rankin or Barba (when fully fit) at fullback.

Julius Sezer
17-02-13, 03:19 PM
A person from the Broncos forum pulled this from LU

"First half was a shambles. Couldn't even do the basics right. Down 16-4 at half time.

Second half much much better. We looked much more dangerous went Prince came on. Our first half let us down too much, and lost 16-14. If it wasn't for a forward pass towards the end of the game we would have won.

Hoffman was easily our best player. He even looked quite good playing in the centres in the second half.

@Clintos. It wasn't a high scoring game so the wingers didn't really get into the game too much. I wouldn't say that either of them had a bad game.

Both Ben Hunt and Corey Norman had bad games. Hunt's work from dummy half was ****house. At least Granville showed a bit of speed out of dummy half.

For the Titans, Albert Kelly looked very dangerous in the first half and Srama was quality."

Seems like our halves are set. :thumbsup:

Go Titans! :fight:

redwine10
17-02-13, 03:24 PM
I don't think Zillamn had a bad game at all. He was badly beaten by Hoffman when he scored and he appeared to have clash of heads withvWallace which shook both of them but he played fairly well for the remainder of the match.

The absolute standouts for me were:-

1. Jamal looks so much fitter and faster than I have ever seen him. He was tremendous and the ball he gave Mead after drawing a couple of defenders was pure magic. He even looks keen and eager.

2. The speed of the Titans game when Kelly and Sezer were in charge appeared to be infinately faster than the second half when Henry and Rankin were on. Although, when they were on the field, the second string team was on. Carty took Minichello, Ridge, Kelly, Sezer, Srama, Gordon, Mead, Idris and Taylor off at half time and put all the interchanges on. this is the reason the Broncos came back at us.

3. Kelly and Sezer appeared to link up pretty well for their first hit up together. When the ball went left through them and then on to Gordon, we tended to make good ground and played at speed. The try by Kelly was an absolute gem and simply showcased his ability to step through and around defences to get to the line. Certainly better than the one trick pony we had last year.

4. I thought Douglas played extremely well and did his part in the middle of the paddock

In the NYC, Oliver Percy slayed them. He is an unstoppable unit who will only get better with improved fitness. He showed he could hit hard in defence also with a couple of bone rattlers. Matt Russell was aother stndout with Fogarty the young half and the 5/8th whose name I dont have. The same goes for a young second rower, Kyle ..... Sorry, didnt have a program. He runs great lines both up the iddle and at the edges and his workrate in defence is great. Its so good to see some good boys coming through and they certainly wont be near the spoon this year if they stay fit.

All in all a good hit out but would have loved to see some of the first graders get more game time, especuially when were were only two points ahead and the Broncos coming at us. The Titan fans were certainly cursing Carty at that time.

Tamwelg
17-02-13, 03:25 PM
A person from the Broncos forum pulled this from LU

Seems like our halves are set. :thumbsup:

Go Titans! :fight:

I've read in a few different laces that Srama made their hookers look average at best, although McCullough did not play. In saying that though, I'm not sure why Srama wasn't selected in the Qld emerging origin and McCullough was.

Hail Sezer
17-02-13, 03:41 PM
I don't think Zillamn had a bad game at all. He was badly beaten by Hoffman when he scored and he appeared to have clash of heads withvWallace which shook both of them but he played fairly well for the remainder of the match.

The absolute standouts for me were:-

1. Jamal looks so much fitter and faster than I have ever seen him. He was tremendous and the ball he gave Mead after drawing a couple of defenders was pure magic. He even looks keen and eager.

2. The speed of the Titans game when Kelly and Sezer were in charge appeared to be infinately faster than the second half when Henry and Rankin were on. Although, when they were on the field, the second string team was on. Carty took Minichello, Ridge, Kelly, Sezer, Srama, Gordon, Mead, Idris and Taylor off at half time and put all the interchanges on. this is the reason the Broncos came back at us.

3. Kelly and Sezer appeared to link up pretty well for their first hit up together. When the ball went left through them and then on to Gordon, we tended to make good ground and played at speed. The try by Kelly was an absolute gem and simply showcased his ability to step through and around defences to get to the line. Certainly better than the one trick pony we had last year.

4. I thought Douglas played extremely well and did his part in the middle of the paddock

In the NYC, Oliver Percy slayed them. He is an unstoppable unit who will only get better with improved fitness. He showed he could hit hard in defence also with a couple of bone rattlers. Matt Russell was aother stndout with Fogarty the young half and the 5/8th whose name I dont have. The same goes for a young second rower, Kyle ..... Sorry, didnt have a program. He runs great lines both up the iddle and at the edges and his workrate in defence is great. Its so good to see some good boys coming through and they certainly wont be near the spoon this year if they stay fit.

All in all a good hit out but would have loved to see some of the first graders get more game time, especuially when were were only two points ahead and the Broncos coming at us. The Titan fans were certainly cursing Carty at that time.

I thought so.

Thanks a lot for the review! Good to hear Jamal has been working hard and particularly pleasing that Kelly and Sezer made a good pairing.

How did Gordon go at left centre? And who was brought into left centre in the second half?

1 more question..Who scored the try, Falloon or Takairangi? haha

gothabull
17-02-13, 04:13 PM
sounds extremley positive thanks for that in depth analysis redwine10:thumbsup: and the donkeys are getting some false confidence from the second half with there injection of prince:)

Julius Sezer
17-02-13, 04:21 PM
sounds extremley positive thanks for that in depth analysis redwine10:thumbsup: and the donkeys are getting some false confidence from the second half with there injection of prince:)

yeah you're right. Our main players were off then. Sezer/Kelly/Srama seem to have dominated the first half.

Tamwelg
18-02-13, 05:07 PM
Highlights
http://www.nrl.com/video/clubvideotitans/tabid/10940/contentid/522388/videotabid/126/default.aspx

Hail Sezer
18-02-13, 05:45 PM
Highlights
http://www.nrl.com/video/clubvideotitans/tabid/10940/contentid/522388/videotabid/126/default.aspx

Thanks. First thing I noticed was how much leaner Idris looked. The way he set up Mead was brilliant. Albys try showed good instinct. Aaand Zillman got schooled pretty bad by Hoffman.

Julius Sezer
18-02-13, 06:33 PM
Thanks. First thing I noticed was how much leaner Idris looked. The way he set up Mead was brilliant. Albys try showed good instinct. Aaand Zillman got schooled pretty bad by Hoffman.

Your right. Idris looks as fit as a fiddle.

Julius Sezer
18-02-13, 06:35 PM
One thing that Alby brings to the table in our attacking dimension is the sense of unpredictability, which is something we didn't have during the era of Prince.

Smakked
18-02-13, 06:44 PM
Highlights

If idris does that all season we will be on a winner, Kellys step was also good.
Getting excited for this season

Tamwelg
18-02-13, 07:19 PM
Zillman got schooled pretty bad by Hoffman.

Which is usually one of his strong points. He usually cuts down the break away. Zillman should not have had to make the tackle in the first place, who ever number 19 is looked to get a little lazy in the slide.

Alby does Zilly a favour and hads the schooling back to Hoffman.

redwine10
18-02-13, 09:17 PM
No19 was Mark Ioane

TITAN PETE
19-02-13, 07:33 AM
The thing I noticed was how bad is the Donkeys jersey :boo:

Mr Stupid
19-02-13, 09:21 AM
No19 was Mark Ioane

He's caught out in the final try aswell.

Hail Sezer
19-02-13, 10:36 AM

That was someone else I think, there were 2 number 19s

TITAN PETE
19-02-13, 10:49 AM

That was Steve Michaels on the last try (also wearing 19) & i think Kelly should'v made the tackle on the 1st try before it got to Zillman.

Hopefully the lapses in defence will be much improved in 3 weeks time :thumbsup:

Chaos
19-02-13, 04:31 PM
i think Kelly should'v made the tackle on the 1st try before it got to Zillman.

Yeah...that was bad read by Kelly...he needs to trust his inside defender.
In saying that...if one goes in, they should all go in and leave the wing.

Titanic
20-02-13, 10:46 AM
Yes that Michaels floundering around brings back a lot of memories.