PDA

View Full Version : NRL five-year strategic plan

Coaster
29-10-12, 12:05 PM
The Australian Rugby League Commission has today unveiled a five-year Game Plan setting out a strategy and the funding principles that will drive Rugby League?s future as The Greatest Game of All.

The plan commits Rugby League to being the most entertaining, most engaging and most respected sport with the mission of enriching people?s lives through the core values of excellence, courage, inclusiveness and teamwork.

Rugby League?s strategic plan forecasts that by 2017:

? An NRL Growth Fund will have made $200m available for investment in key projects.
? Club membership will reach 400,000;
? Rugby League social media platforms will engage 5.8m people;
? Average attendance at NRL games will increase to 20,000
? 700,000 people will play in competitions;
? 1.8m will be engaged in NRL community programs;
? 1.65m will take part in Rugby League activities;
? 84% of all NRL players will be engaged in education or career training;
? Central revenue will have doubled to more than $300m;

Within the plan are key objectives and initiatives for the next five years including a commitment to providing first class player conditions and career pathways; assistance programs for grassroots volunteers; a centralised development program; values-based codes of conduct across every level of the game; and a formal review of expansion options after the 2014 season.

A significant feature is a clear blueprint for how people engage with Rugby League and how they become life-long fans.

Today?s launch at Rugby League Central brought together stakeholders from across the game and included the unveiling of a new game-wide brand strategy.

A new NRL logo will be introduced across Rugby League, including all development programs, while state league and competition emblems have been re-designed as part of an integrated new look for the game.

?The whole purpose of the both the plan and the brand strategy is to ensure that everyone can identify their place in the game and work to a common goal,? Australian Rugby League Commission Chairman, Mr John Grant, said today.

?Underpinning each aspect of the Game Plan are strategic goals backed by detailed operational plans and budgets that the Commission will review on an ongoing basis.

?It is a fundamental change in the way the game does business and in the way it connects with people from regional Australia to the grassroots everywhere and to the elite competitions.?

Link to Article and a GREAT VIDEO (http://www.nrl.com/nrl-five-year-strategic-plan/tabid/10874/newsid/70297/default.aspx)

Download the plan from here (http://www.nrl.com/portals/nrl/RadEditor/Documents/The_Game_Plan.pdf)

Titanic
29-10-12, 04:32 PM
Don't mind the plan or the strategies or for that matter the new logos but why does the NRL version not have a ball on it?

DIEHARD
29-10-12, 04:55 PM
Well this is all great news. We have been waiting for a Strategic Plan for over a decade. Anyone remember the one David Moffet's NRL made and then famously kept in a draw?

This looks great and looks like it is forward thinking with funding in place nationally.

I love the new branding. Something we really needed. I love the fact that tas, nt, wa, vic and sa now have proper logos. I hope that with them comes FUNDING and SUPPORT.

The new Kangaroos logo is a step up, I never quite liked the old one. The new one is awesome. I will definitely be getting a new Kangaroos jersey for the Anzac Test in Canberra.

Love the video and Im damn proud that the Roo Crew featured in it! Came a long way since 2005!

DIEHARD
29-10-12, 04:57 PM
Don't mind the plan or the strategies or for that matter the new logos but why does the NRL version not have a ball on it?

Good pick up. I guess they see that as the corporate logo and have dedicated competition logos. But still... I'd like a footy!

DIEHARD
29-10-12, 05:29 PM
Also dedicated Blues and Maroons logos that looks pretty sweet.

Also noticed they have carried over elememts of the One Community and QRL logos into the new. Making the QLD by far the best state logo.

Premiership and Under 20s also feature the trophy, much like the successful Rugby League World Cup logo featuring that drop dead gorgeous World Cup trophy.

Toads
29-10-12, 05:29 PM
It's a story that goes unscripted..

I had a lil' chuckle when that quote popped up in the Promo Video. obviously the editors didn't witness any of the Ref calls this year.. :laugh:

But otherwise. It seems like a reasonable plan from ARLC. :)

hammer
29-10-12, 09:44 PM
On Page 6 of the NRL "Game Plan" Strategic Plan it lists the 8 Key Initiatives to achieve their 2017 goals. One area of the 8 areas is "GROW OUR FAN BASE".
It lists the following:
- Improving the Game Day Experience
- Directly Engaging with Members and Fans
- Targeting Specific Marketing Initiatives at Potential Fans
- Delivering a 5-year membership plan
- Pursuing a Stadium strategy that places matches in optimal locations

Now assuming that each club will be required to develop their plans from the over-arching NRL plan I would love to hear some thoughts albeit initial from David May about some of the strategies the Titans will be undertaking to achieve success for our club in this key area.

I did think that perhaps this needed it's own thread! In fact I would be very keen to have a separate thread for each component of this document and be keen for the Titans to engage their fan base through this forum about their responses to this over-arching plan.

Titanic
30-10-12, 12:15 AM
Good pick up. I guess they see that as the corporate logo and have dedicated competition logos. But still... I'd like a footy!

Now, a cynic would say "a brand with no balls".

I thought you might have taken the bait DH.

DIEHARD
03-11-12, 11:53 PM
I did think that perhaps this needed it's own thread! In fact I would be very keen to have a separate thread for each component of this document and be keen for the Titans to engage their fan base through this forum about their responses to this over-arching plan.

I think that is a wonderful idea, these goals are just words on paper unless people buy into them and drive them.