PDA

View Full Version : NSW to employ psychologist

Chaos
28-10-12, 07:02 PM
NSW to employ psychologist in effort to break Queensland's run of State of Origin victories

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/state-of-origin/nsw-to-employ-psychologist-in-effort-to-break-queenslands-run-of-state-of-origin-victories/story-fn31yxah-1226504691263#ixzz2AZwFK5hw
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/state-of-origin/nsw-to-employ-psychologist-in-effort-to-break-queenslands-run-of-state-of-origin-victories/story-fn31yxah-1226504691263

DIEHARD
28-10-12, 07:26 PM
I think the mind is a valid and important part of sport. Attitude matters big time.

I'd love to a fly on the wall when they try and undo NSW's inferiority complex.

The perception of QLD never giving up and winning is a powerful weapon for the Maroons. It may not be entirely true and both teams are closer but the perception is powerful. And sometimes it is a self fulfilling prophecy.

Chaos
28-10-12, 07:54 PM
I think it's the funniest thing I have ever heard...there is a lot of psychology in rugby league and it's part of the reason I laughed when I heard Dailey was taking over the NSW side.

To plan a psychologist this far our from the series and allow it to leak to the public for Queenslander's to psychologically tease NSW, is absolute gold!

DIEHARD
28-10-12, 08:45 PM
ITo plan a psychologist this far our from the series and allow it to leak to the public for Queenslander's to psychologically tease NSW, is absolute gold!

So you think that is part of the strategy? To make us Queenslanders dump on NSW, who then in turn use it for motivation?

Chaos
28-10-12, 08:56 PM
So you think that is part of the strategy? To make us Queenslanders dump on NSW, who then in turn use it for motivation?

I don't think they are clever enough...they do need the pychological help but you should keep it in house...just don't allow the Queenslanders to know about it...we now know they are nuts!

The history of Queensland pride is very hard to beat and NSW are struggling with it.
There will come one point in time where the odds will be so far stacked against NSW that the underdog status will come help them.

DIEHARD
28-10-12, 09:02 PM
I agree Chaos. I also think fear Daley as much as Bellamy or Stuart.