PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Trial: TITANS vs WARRIORS at Burleigh

DIEHARD
26-09-12, 07:17 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/154384_10151257399024593_2109236302_n.jpg

NRL kick-off: 5:15 PM
Burleigh Bears QLD Cup V Gold Coast Titans U/20: 3:30 PM
SG Ball 1:30 PM
Harold Mathews kick off 11:30 AM
Gates open: 11:00 AM

DIEHARD
26-09-12, 07:18 PM
This will make a great local game with lots of support for both teams.

DIEHARD
26-09-12, 07:21 PM
Saturday Feb 9. Pizzey Park.

Smakked
26-09-12, 10:30 PM
isnt that the same date as the all stars game

EDIT: Yep it is

DIEHARD
27-09-12, 01:55 AM
isnt that the same date as the all stars game

EDIT: Yep it is

Yep. Unlucky ey. Probably poor planning with two games that clash in seqld. This happened this year with Broncos v Cowboys at Redcliffe clashing with the All Stars.

People will have to decide what they want. I am actually leaning towards All Stars, but the insight and preview nature of seeing a trial is hard to deny.

TITAN PETE
27-09-12, 03:39 AM
I'll be Happy to be at Pizzey Park the All Stars has had it's day for me.

Smakked
27-09-12, 01:32 PM
Same here i feel. Also pizzey is close so i can drink more.

DIEHARD
27-09-12, 01:59 PM
I'd be very disappointed if we dont get over 40k for the All Stars.

Titanic
27-09-12, 08:42 PM
I'd be very disappointed if we dont get over 40k for the All Stars.

The problem with this is the "we". In fact we don't get it. Pizzey sounds great.

DIEHARD
27-09-12, 09:28 PM
WE = Rugby League. At least in my vocabulary.

It's a stunningly bad effort of scheduling as it clashes with the All Stars and the All Stars crowds have been anchored by Titans supporters. If I was the ARL Commission/Titans I'd wanna see as many as possible go up to Brisbane.

DIEHARD
20-11-12, 06:48 PM
The Burleigh Bears are hosting the iSelect Gold Coast Titans' pre-season trial match against the NZ Warriors at Pizzey Park, Miami on Saturday, February 9.

Get your tickets here: http://bit.ly/TdazN2

DIEHARD
20-11-12, 06:58 PM
Burleigh Bears QLD Cup V Gold Coast Titans U/20: 3:30 PM
SG Ball 1:30 PM
Harold Mathews kick off 11:30 AM
Gates open: 11:00 AM

yappie
20-11-12, 07:21 PM
Just heard young speed machine Mark O Dare will get a run in this trial .Heard he smashed it again this time in the 100 metres fastest man at titans maybe in league

DIEHARD
20-11-12, 07:40 PM
Just heard young speed machine Mark O Dare will get a run in this trial .Heard he smashed it again this time in the 100 metres fastest man at titans maybe in league

Sounds awesome. I love speed, it's a great ability in Rugby League.

Also sounds like a candidate for a potential Titans NRL 9s team that we have been talking about HERE (http://forum.titans.com.au/showthread.php?t=19525&page=2)

DavidBouveng
20-11-12, 07:54 PM
I think I'll go to pizzey and then go home to watch all stars on tv.

That's a good night.

Titanic
20-11-12, 08:09 PM
I think I'll go to pizzey and then go home to watch all stars on tv.

That's a good night.

You can help carry Smakked :laugh:

Big Dan
21-11-12, 02:51 PM
Yappie I have heard o dare can run 40 metres in 4.6 sec D KEMP HELD RECORD AT 4.8

teke
21-11-12, 03:00 PM
Just heard young speed machine Mark O Dare will get a run in this trial .Heard he smashed it again this time in the 100 metres fastest man at titans maybe in league:laugh: at you and Big dans partnership.

It's news to all the Titan players that there was a 100 mtr sprint.

teke
21-11-12, 03:01 PM
Yappie I have heard o dare can run 40 metres in 4.6 sec D KEMP HELD RECORD AT 4.8Denan Kemps time wouldnt even register in the top 10 times here at the Titans, he'd be lucky to be Brenton Lawrence :D

DIEHARD
08-01-13, 06:28 PM
Titans v Warriors trial game exclusive offer for Titans members!

Purchase your tickets to this game and receive a free Burleigh Leagues Club Membership!

Tickets can be purchased from Burleigh Bears reception. Titans members must present their 2013 membership card to qualify for this offer.

http://www.burleighbears.com.au/page/59/Members_Benefits

shamus
09-01-13, 12:02 PM
Titans v Warriors trial game exclusive offer for Titans members!

Purchase your tickets to this game and receive a free Burleigh Leagues Club Membership!

Tickets can be purchased from Burleigh Bears reception. Titans members must present their 2013 membership card to qualify for this offer.

http://www.burleighbears.com.au/page/59/Members_Benefits

I have been a member of Burleigh for a few years now so don't need the membership but in saying that, I purchased tickets to the trial 6 maybe 8 weeks ago. If the Leagues Club are gunna promote stuff like this then do it from day 1. So I guess no freebie for me to pass on. :(

DIEHARD
09-01-13, 04:49 PM
I have been a member of Burleigh for a few years now so don't need the membership but in saying that, I purchased tickets to the trial 6 maybe 8 weeks ago. If the Leagues Club are gunna promote stuff like this then do it from day 1. So I guess no freebie for me to pass on. :(

I agree. Thats annoying by definition, the loyal fans jump on tickets and that is tremendous. Then to give sales a kick along all sorts of deals appear. What happens is the reluctant goers or bandwagoners get the benefits.

This stuff needs to be mapped out and retroactively offered if possible.

Hail Sezer
18-01-13, 05:56 PM
Does anyone record these trial matches? And if so, how would I be able to get hold of the recording?

I really want to see how all the new guys go, but obviously there is no chance I could make it to the games. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

C-Whiz
21-01-13, 09:33 AM
I've posted this in the Golf Day thread:

OK, it's only a couple of weeks away, so who is up for a round of golf prior to heading to Pizzey Park for the trial matches?

I am thinking 9 holes might be a better option, to save some stamina for a gruelling few hours on the hill at Pizzey.

I am also thinking if we play at Coplicks (Tallebudgera) the Bears shuttle bus might be able to pick us up, but then we have the issue of clubs etc.

Another option would be Tallai, which is Titan Pete's and Shamus local, and we could organise some transport from there. I live close to Tallai, and Pete and Shamus closer, so getting our clubs etc to safe storage is easy, and we still might be able to get a shuttle run to Bears, or just maxi-taxi it after a few bevvies.

So, 9 holes, a beer a hole? Who is in?? Add you name to the list.

C-Whiz.

DavidBouveng
21-01-13, 09:52 AM
Does anyone record these trial matches? And if so, how would I be able to get hold of the recording?

I really want to see how all the new guys go, but obviously there is no chance I could make it to the games. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

The warriors trial in nz was recorded last year. I watched it online.

Cowboys trial I think was, but either the Internet or radio feed screwed up a lot so I couldn't see/hear it.

teke
23-01-13, 04:23 AM
The warriors trial in nz was recorded last year. I watched it online.

Cowboys trial I think was, but either the Internet or radio feed screwed up a lot so I couldn't see/hear it.How did u watch the warriors game online?

DavidBouveng
23-01-13, 07:29 AM
How did u watch the warriors game online?

I think there was a replay on titans tv? I think.

Otherwise I think sportal had it. Sorry I can't remember exactly.

Titanic
23-01-13, 10:37 AM
I thought I watched it on Warriors TV.

Hail Sezer
23-01-13, 04:49 PM
Sweet looks like it will be watchable.

Do the teams for the trials get sorted any time soon?

DIEHARD
24-01-13, 03:24 PM
OK been dragging my feet a bit on this but finally bought my tickets to this trial! It won't be long until it's here.

Who is going?

DIEHARD
25-01-13, 05:13 PM
Updated times for our 9 Febuary trial match against the Warriors at Pizzey Park.

Burleigh Bears Intrust Super Cup V Gold Coast Titans U/20: 3:30 PM
Burleigh Bears U/20 v Cudgen A Grade: 2:05 PM
Gates open: 2:00 PM

DavidBouveng
25-01-13, 06:26 PM
I thought I watched it on Warriors TV.
might have been a few minutes of highlights on titans TV, but the whole thing on NRL.com... theres prolly a thread on here somewhere with us all discussing it

DIEHARD
02-02-13, 09:56 AM
I guess seening as our game finishes before the start of the All Stars, we are gonna watch the game at Burleigh Bears?

C-Whiz
02-02-13, 12:17 PM
I guess seening as our game finishes before the start of the All Stars, we are gonna watch the game at Burleigh Bears?Yeah mate, I think that will be my plan. I'll just need Shamus or someone to sign me in since I missed the membership offer by buying my ticket online. :doh:

TITAN PETE
02-02-13, 12:31 PM
Yeah mate, I think that will be my plan. I'll just need Shamus or someone to sign me in since I missed the membership offer by buying my ticket online. :doh:

Add me to that too & maybe a decent :drinkies: because u know the Beer at the match will be rubbish

Titanic
02-02-13, 02:19 PM
Sacrilege ... no beer is rubbish ... just some are better than others ... except perhaps Cascade and Tiger and ...

GC_Titans_Fan
02-02-13, 03:21 PM
and XXXX gold

TITAN PETE
05-02-13, 11:31 AM
Elliott names balanced Warriors squad

RSS
AAP Tue, Feb 05, 2013 - 10:47 AM

Warriors coach Matthew Elliott has named a mix of experienced campaigners, new signings and young up-and-comers in his team for Saturday's opening NRL trial match against the Gold Coast Titans at Burleigh Heads.

Prop Steve Rapira will captain a line-up which features new signings Dominique Peyroux in the centres and former Penrith half Harry Siejka.

Elliott has selected a swathe of Junior Warriors including Ngani Laumape, David Fusitua and Siliva Havili, with Auckland Vulcans utility Aaron Nootai named on the bench.

Elliott also has plenty of experience at his disposal, including Carlos Tuimavave, Glen Fisiiahi, Pita Godinet, Alehana Mara and Konrad Hurrell.

The Warriors' most experienced players are all being set for the following trials against Penrith in Hamilton on February 16 and Brisbane in Dunedin a week later.

Three - Feleti Mateo, Shaun Johnson and Dane Nielsen - are playing in Saturday's fourth annual NRL All Stars-Indigenous All Stars season-opener at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane.

Warriors: Carlos Tuimavave, Glen Fisiiahi, Dominique Peyroux, Malakai Watene-Zelezniak, Ngani Laumape, Pita Godinet, Harry Siejka, Steve Rapira (captain), Alehana Mara, Suaia Matagi, John Palavi, Sam Lousi, Sebastine Ikahihifo. Interchange: Atelea Nafetalai, Sione Lousi, David Fusitua, Aaron Nootai, Nathaniel Peteru, Siliva Havili, Konrad Hurrell, Sio Siiua Taukeiaho, Trent Bishop, David Bhana.

shamus
05-02-13, 01:13 PM
Yeah mate, I think that will be my plan. I'll just need Shamus or someone to sign me in since I missed the membership offer by buying my ticket online. :doh:

I'll PM you my mobile...Just call me when u get to the game and I will sign you in b4 the game...That way if i am not around you can come and go as you please...

DIEHARD
05-02-13, 02:46 PM
We all gotta catch up befor during or after folks.

TITAN PETE
05-02-13, 03:02 PM
We all gotta catch up befor during or after folks.

If not before or during maybe inside the club for a :drinkies:

Surfers66
05-02-13, 03:20 PM
Are they announcing the team today?

teke
05-02-13, 03:35 PM
The team will be all the blokes trying to push for a claim.

Not many big names in this weeks game

DIEHARD
05-02-13, 03:46 PM
The team will be all the blokes trying to push for a claim.

Not many big names in this weeks game

Im very happy and interested in that proposition.

Surfers66
05-02-13, 04:18 PM
Im very happy and interested in that proposition.

I am also and of most interest as to who will be named in the centres out of those trying to impress.

Hail Sezer
05-02-13, 04:50 PM
The team is announced today, right?

Hail Sezer
05-02-13, 05:52 PM
The iSelect Gold Coast Titans have today named a 23-man squad for Saturday?s opening trial match against the New Zealand Warriors at Pizzey Park, Miami.

The Titans will welcome several new faces with Matt Russell, Mark Ioane, Albert Kelly and Mark O?Dare all playing their first games for the club. Russell comes to the Titans from Wigan/Hull FC and will play his first game on Australian soil, having spent last season in the English Super League.
Ioane and Kelly will make their unofficial club debuts also having joined from Canberra and Newcastle respectively in the off-season, with both men hoping to continue to build on what they have produced on the training paddock over the past three months.

O?Dare will play his first game of Rugby League since arriving on the Gold Coast from Sydney University (Union).
The game also marks the return of Jordan Atkins to the club, with the former Titan joining on a trial basis after spending two years with the Parramatta Eels.

The Titans will be without Greg Bird, Aidan Sezer, Ryan James and Ashley Harrison who are all involved in the NRL All-Star game.
What : NRL Trial - Titans vs Warriors
When : Saturday, Feb 9
Where : Pizzey Park, Miami
Kickoff : 5:15pm

Team
1. Matt Russell 2. Anthony Don 3. Steve Michaels 4. Jordan Atkins 5. Hymel Hunt 6. Beau Henry 7. Jordan Rankin 8. Luke Douglas 9. Matt Srama 10. Matt White 11. Ben Ridge 12. Mark Minichiello 13. Luke O?Dwyer
Interchange 14. Luke Page 15. Mark Ioane 16. Cody Nelson 17. Albert Kelly 18. Beau Falloon 19. Shane Gray 20. Sam Irwin 21. Jahrome Hughes 22. Mark O?Dare 23. Shaun Carney

Curtain Raisers
1) 2:05pm Burleigh Colts Vs Cudgen A Grade
2) 3:30pm Titans NYC Vs Burleigh Bears QCUP team
Gates Open at 2:00pm

TITAN PETE
05-02-13, 06:12 PM
That's great to see all the newby's will be turning out for us, nice 24 man squad:thumbsup:

Julius Sezer
05-02-13, 07:43 PM
Good team. Really interested in seeing how Matty Russell goes. Though a bit of a worry with Atkin's in the centres.

Smakked
05-02-13, 10:02 PM
Will interesting to see how a few of these guys do. Hope a win is in order. I wont be there as i am going to the Allstars game.

DavidBouveng
05-02-13, 10:11 PM
this is going to be good fun.

with a large bench, it will be hard to keep track of whos doing what, and some wont get alot of minutes, but its still exciting.

couple of questions though,

is rankin at 7, henry at 6, and kelly on bench and indication of anything at all? i had the feeling that their prospects were almost the reverse of that order. maybe its a case of Carty being pretty happy that ALby is gonna play 7, and hes giving rankin and henry the starting spots to prove otherwise. again, i know theyll have short spells so maybe its really nothing and Carty really gave it no thought seeing as they all get some time.

secondly, we know what we are going to get from steve michaels and atkins, so i wish o'dare just started so we can have a real look at him. but i know u cant just have 5 rookies in the backline at once, so we cant get everything we want.

Titanic
06-02-13, 02:35 AM
The Warriors have named a strong team.

Hail Sezer
06-02-13, 07:32 AM
Im with DB. I really thought Carty would have gone with 2 players that he hasn't seen much of to start in the centres. But who knows, perhaps they will be rotated after 15 minutes. With the only other centre options in that squad being Hunt, O'Dare (and potentially Russell) then this could be likely.

DIEHARD
06-02-13, 07:48 AM
Players are gonna be on and off and move around, so its gonna require strict observation to know what really is going on. Binoculars, packed.

TITAN PETE
06-02-13, 08:09 AM
It's a Trial match so read too much into what players numbers they are wearing, no one will care if we win or lose (apart from most of us supporters).

Kelly will be our no7 come round 1

No injuries please

david may
06-02-13, 09:23 AM
No injuries please

Second that emotion.

Oh, and for the record I care if we win...

mdrew
06-02-13, 09:56 AM
Hopefully we will find out the NYC team prior to the night, so I know which of the new players I am looking at on Saturday. Good test for them against a QCup side

TITAN PETE
06-02-13, 12:13 PM
Second that emotion.

Oh, and for the record I care if we win...

Thats because like us u are a Supporter :thumbsup:

Titanic
06-02-13, 12:30 PM
I support Cartwright's policy here ... send the known back-ups out first to take some of the venom out of the Warriors and then ease the newbies in ... suits me.

K2G
06-02-13, 01:56 PM
Really excited for the first trial. Can't wait to see if the likes of kelly, hunt, russell, o'dare, Hughes etc put their hand up and demand selection. I wonder how far off M.Barba is from full recovery and whether he will feature in any of the trials?

Also, i know this has been mentioned before, but if anyone could instruct me as to how I might go about listening to a radio broadcast of this trial, or streaming it online (can't find any of the recent trials on NRL.com) i would be extremely grateful. I wish i could make it up for the game, but being there broke uni student I am ATM, its not to be...

mup23
07-02-13, 07:02 AM
I support Cartwright's policy here ... send the known back-ups out first to take some of the venom out of the Warriors and then ease the newbies in ... suits me.

Great idea if that's the thought process behind it. Although based on history I don't think it is. When/if Carty looks at player stats I feel he looks at the 'Games Played' column and picks his team based on that.

I was feeling happy/confident about 2013 until I saw this trial team list. Certainly not giving up on the whole year just yet but I'll be nervous waiting for the round 1 line-up.

Titan Dad
07-02-13, 02:41 PM
Great idea if that's the thought process behind it. Although based on history I don't think it is. When/if Carty looks at player stats I feel he looks at the 'Games Played' column and picks his team based on that.

I was feeling happy/confident about 2013 until I saw this trial team list. Certainly not giving up on the whole year just yet but I'll be nervous waiting for the round 1 line-up.

I am with you Titanic on this one. MUP; if you had good feelings about the year and they have now changed at the first trial team list, mate, what do you want. It's a trial, not first round. We will be fine have a little faith and stay on board. I know from your forum posts you are a passionate Titans fan. Stay the course and we will have a huge year in the crowd watching our boys take down the more illustrious sides that dont take us seriously.:thumbsup:

mup23
08-02-13, 01:08 AM
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
If the coaching staff (lasts the year and) thinks that we were close to making the finals in 2012 then 2013 is a write-off

Surfers66
08-02-13, 02:58 PM
In case you forgot - THE FOOTY IS BACK TOMORROW!!!!!!!!

WWWOOOOOOOOOO HHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

gothabull
08-02-13, 03:01 PM
:thumbsup:

DavidBouveng
08-02-13, 04:38 PM
yep. hugely excited. excited to see burleigh, NYC and our first grade squad in one place playing on the same day. Wish they had all home games that way.

We will get a huge look at almost all our squad tomorrow. a bit like xmas eve imo.

DIEHARD
09-02-13, 08:40 AM
Well here we are. Game day! Hard to believe but footy is back.

See you you Pizzey tonight.

Julius Sezer
09-02-13, 09:51 AM
Go Titans!

Titanic
09-02-13, 12:51 PM
I dust off my trepidation, put on my lucky undies (so nervous I tried to put them on backwards at first), wonder why my old jersey is just that little bit (well maybe a lot) tighter and tell the wife that I can't go to the Chinese New Year celebrations because there just maybe an up-date in the Forum.

[edit] Titanic just became the season's first casualty ... saucepan in scone disease.

Mr Stupid
09-02-13, 02:32 PM
Really excited for the first trial. Can't wait to see if the likes of kelly, hunt, russell, o'dare, Hughes etc put their hand up and demand selection. I wonder how far off M.Barba is from full recovery and whether he will feature in any of the trials?

Also, i know this has been mentioned before, but if anyone could instruct me as to how I might go about listening to a radio broadcast of this trial, or streaming it online (can't find any of the recent trials on NRL.com) i would be extremely grateful. I wish i could make it up for the game, but being there broke uni student I am ATM, its not to be...

Any ideas anyone?

DIEHARD
09-02-13, 03:34 PM
I don't believe that there is any online radio coverage which is a dead set shame.

Us on the forum who are going will charge our phones and update from the game.

Julius Sezer
09-02-13, 04:41 PM

Would be highly appreciated if so. :)

gothabull
09-02-13, 04:55 PM
I don't believe that there is any online radio coverage which is a dead set shame.

thankx diehard

Hail Sezer
09-02-13, 05:01 PM
How is the NYC team going

kioli
09-02-13, 05:29 PM

Good stuff :thumbsup:

Hail Sezer
09-02-13, 06:23 PM
NYC Titans beat Burleigh 32-24

Hail Sezer
09-02-13, 06:28 PM
I think it's almost game time..

Tamwelg
09-02-13, 06:30 PM
Game underway

Tamwelg
09-02-13, 06:30 PM
@GCTitans: First try scored by Warriors Pita Godinet inside the first 2 minutes of the game #gctitansfamily

Hail Sezer
09-02-13, 06:31 PM
@GCTitans: First try scored by Warriors Pita Godinet inside the first 2 minutes of the game #gctitansfamily

:helpme:

Hail Sezer
09-02-13, 06:33 PM
How are we looking?

Tamwelg
09-02-13, 06:36 PM
@GCTitans: Anthony Don diffuses a cross field kick from Godinet. Warriors still lead 6-0 #GCtitansfamily

Tamwelg
09-02-13, 06:38 PM
@GCTitans: Carlos Tuimavave chip for Laumape goes out on the full. Titans ball. #GCTitansFamily

Tamwelg
09-02-13, 06:39 PM
@GCTitans: Bomb from Beau Henry caught safely in goal by the Warriors. Still 6-0 Warriors #GCTitansFamily

Tamwelg
09-02-13, 06:40 PM
@GCTitans: Titans gain the footy after a Warriors knockon, but Douglas spills it in the tackle for Warriors to regain ball #GCTitansFamily

Tamwelg
09-02-13, 06:49 PM
@GCTitans: Titans gain the footy after a Warriors knockon, but Douglas spills it in the tackle for Warriors to regain ball #GCTitansFamily

Tamwelg
09-02-13, 06:50 PM
@GCTitans: Henry grubber goes dead in goal with Anthony Don a fingertip away #GCTitansFamily

Tamwelg
09-02-13, 06:50 PM
@GCTitans: Quarter time here at Pizzey Park- Titans 6- Warriors 6. Don scoring for the Titans after Godinet crossed for Warriors. #GCTitansFamily

gothabull
09-02-13, 06:52 PM
@GCTitans: Quarter time here at Pizzey Park- Titans 6- Warriors 6. Don scoring for the Titans after Godinet crossed for Warriors. #GCTitansFamily

great updates thanks so much come on titans!

Tamwelg
09-02-13, 06:54 PM
@travismeyn: Pretty scrappy first quarter by Titans but it's 6-6. Beau Henry looking sharp - great audition for spot in halves. #NRL

Tamwelg
09-02-13, 06:54 PM
great updates thanks so much come on titans!

No worries mate just relaying twitter feeds.

TITAN PETE
09-02-13, 06:57 PM
I like the look of Matt Russell

K2G
09-02-13, 07:02 PM
Here's the twitter feed: https://twitter.com/GCTitans

(Titans leading 12-6)

Mr Stupid
09-02-13, 07:02 PM
Loving the updates...much appreciated.

Tamwelg
09-02-13, 07:05 PM
@GCTitans: Try scored by Steve Michaels. Titans 10 Warriors 6 #gctitansfamily

Tamwelg
09-02-13, 07:05 PM
@GCTitans: Titans leading 12-6 #gctitansfamily

Hail Sezer
09-02-13, 07:07 PM
Alby is on now.

Tamwelg
09-02-13, 07:07 PM
@GCTitans: Try scored by Beau Falloon. Titans 16 Warriors 6 #gctitansfamily

Tamwelg
09-02-13, 07:09 PM
@GCTitans: Beau Henry converts Titans lead 18-6 #gctitansfamily

Tamwelg
09-02-13, 07:14 PM
@GCTitans: Half time. Titans lead 18-6 #gctitansfamily

K2G
09-02-13, 07:16 PM
To the guys n gals who are there... any stand outs so far??
Sounds like Henry has had a hand in a fair bit?

DIEHARD
09-02-13, 07:20 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/NRL/50419249-4B82-4E47-812C-FED5E65FF26E-2032-0000027B5735EC30_zpscadc5395.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/NRL/BD7D9191-DA20-4F02-B1E8-F4A251F42A4A-2032-0000027B4B909707_zpse6b01632.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/NRL/F719A871-3C30-41C7-BE67-D9C15CF46313-2032-0000027AF4867567_zpsbc1ed8c0.jpg

Titanic
09-02-13, 07:21 PM
Very much appreciate your efforts guys ... must be distracting.

Tamwelg
09-02-13, 07:27 PM
@GCTitans: Try scored by Mark O'Dare #gctitansfamily

Tamwelg
09-02-13, 07:29 PM
@GCTitans: Nice kick by Jordan Rankin. Titans lead 24-6 #gctitansfamily

Tamwelg
09-02-13, 07:36 PM
@GCTitans: Try scored by @nzwarriors David Fusitua #gctitansfamily

DIEHARD
09-02-13, 07:36 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/diehard2/NRL/5F24510B-E268-40DE-B3A4-6EE3DD5F6276-2085-000002805E765C20_zpsf5af9b0d.jpg

David May with the fans!

Tamwelg
09-02-13, 07:37 PM
@GCTitans: Convert successful by Pita Gordinet. Titans lead 24-12 #gctitansfamily

Tamwelg
09-02-13, 07:40 PM
@GCTitans: Another try to the @nzwarriors. Conversion unsuccessful. Titans still lead 24-16 #gctitansfamily

Coaster
09-02-13, 07:42 PM
How are the rookies

Tamwelg
09-02-13, 07:42 PM
@GCTitans: Mark O'Dare scores another try. 28-16 #gctitansfamily

Tamwelg
09-02-13, 07:44 PM
@mat_rogers6: Happy Skipper.. The boys go in again.. 30-16 up 20 to go http://t.co/OuKEYUyi

Tamwelg
09-02-13, 07:46 PM
@GCTitans: Titans lead 30-16 #gctitansfamily

DavidBouveng
09-02-13, 07:47 PM
Odare has had had an auctioned packed debut. Scored 2 tries and had two scored in him. But hurrell was barn storming both times and would have crushed whoever was in his way

Titanic
09-02-13, 07:51 PM
Hurrell is a damned cannonball ... is O'Dare playing left centre?

Tamwelg
09-02-13, 07:54 PM
@GCTitans: Jordan Rankin scores a try 34-16 #gctitansfamily

Tamwelg
09-02-13, 07:58 PM
@GCTitans: Titans convert and extend lead to 36-16 #gctitansfamily

Tamwelg
09-02-13, 07:59 PM
@GCTitans: Try scored by Anthony Don. Titans lead 40-16 #gctitansfamily

Tamwelg
09-02-13, 08:01 PM
@GCTitans: 7 minutes to go. Titans lead 42-16 #gctitansfamily

Tamwelg
09-02-13, 08:03 PM
@GCTitans: Try to the @nzwarriors, conversion unsuccessful. Titans lead 42-20 #gctitansfamily

Supergoose
09-02-13, 08:03 PM
Wow - Titans 40? Is that the first time ever?

gothabull
09-02-13, 08:04 PM
@GCTitans: 7 minutes to go. Titans lead 42-16 #gctitansfamily

yeeeewww! epic scoreline:thumbsup:

Tamwelg
09-02-13, 08:06 PM
@GCTitans: Another try to the @nzwarriors scored by Atelea Nafetalai #gctitansfamily

Tamwelg
09-02-13, 08:07 PM
@GCTitans: Titans still lead 42-24 #gctitansfamily

Tamwelg
09-02-13, 08:10 PM
@GCTitans: Full time at Pizzey Park. Titans 42 Warriors 24. Go Titans! #gctitansfamily

Titanic
09-02-13, 08:18 PM
Thanks guys ... will look forward to the post mortem.

Julius Sezer
09-02-13, 08:53 PM
wat a win! Looking forward to the analysis. Waiting to see peoples opinions on O'Dare, Kelly, Rankin, Matty Russell and Albert Kelly. Travis Meyn complimented Beau Henry so it makes things interesting!

Titanic
09-02-13, 08:55 PM
Asks more questions than provides answers :)

DavidBouveng
09-02-13, 08:59 PM
Ok. Ill try do some sort of wrap up but someone else might be able to add to it later.

First thing I noticed tonight was the size difference. The warriors were across the board massive. Very imposing and I thought this is gonna be tough. The backs were all Hurrell size or bigger basically.

We started a bit flat in attack and had poor ball control and gave a few penalties away. Matt white was hit hard in first tackle of match and appeared to let the first try in as he was still a bit groggy.

We were still looking rusty when Anthony Don make a good break from 50 out or so and put a mean in out move on the fullback and scored, keeping us in touch.

After that Kelly came on and we looked sharper and more fluid. It was about this time the warriors size started working against them and they tired a bit. We rolled a few tries.

In the third quarter it's hard not to mention mark odare.
Scored two tries and got crushed for two as well, all I can say is that hurrell would have steam rolled most ppl there and he jury is still out for me. I didn't see his tries well as they were behind the crowd a bit, but there seemed relatively straight forward Catch and put downs. Someone else can correct me if I have it wrong.

Matt Russell looked really robust and strong and mark ioane looked promising too.

Takaraingi was fine, although seemed to jump up to much on the line exposing him and odare a few times. Sorry, he was centre and odare played mainly left wing.

I'm out of time guy, someone can fill in my gaps possibly. Or add better perspective from a different part if the ground.

Good fun day!

DavidBouveng
09-02-13, 08:59 PM
Ok. Ill try do some sort of wrap up but someone else might be able to add to it later.

First thing I noticed tonight was the size difference. The warriors were across the board massive. Very imposing and I thought this is gonna be tough. The backs were all Hurrell size or bigger basically.

We started a bit flat in attack and had poor ball control and gave a few penalties away. Matt white was hit hard in first tackle of match and appeared to let the first try in as he was still a bit groggy.

We were still looking rusty when Anthony Don make a good break from 50 out or so and put a mean in out move on the fullback and scored, keeping us in touch.

After that Kelly came on and we looked sharper and more fluid. It was about this time the warriors size started working against them and they tired a bit. We rolled a few tries.

In the third quarter it's hard not to mention mark odare.
Scored two tries and got crushed for two as well, all I can say is that hurrell would have steam rolled most ppl there and he jury is still out for me. I didn't see his tries well as they were behind the crowd a bit, but there seemed relatively straight forward Catch and put downs. Someone else can correct me if I have it wrong.

Matt Russell looked really robust and strong and mark ioane looked promising too.

Takaraingi was fine, although seemed to jump up to much on the line exposing him and odare a few times. Sorry, he was centre and odare played mainly left wing.

I'm out of time guy, someone can fill in my gaps possibly. Or add better perspective from a different part if the ground.

Good fun day!

Julius Sezer
09-02-13, 09:08 PM
from DB's analysis it seems like Kelly stood out.

Coaster
09-02-13, 09:09 PM
Thanks Mate.

Titanic
09-02-13, 09:16 PM
Cheers DB ... intriguing

DavidBouveng
09-02-13, 09:18 PM
For the record I was at ground level on a 20 metre line so my perpective is limited a little, so I'm hoping others can add more.

Tamwelg
09-02-13, 09:19 PM
Thanks DB TITANPETE told me similar over txt.

teke
09-02-13, 09:42 PM
Game set and match to Kelly.

Really sharp and clinical, will only need a few more mins of this kind of play and he has the hb position wrapped up.

Ioane was impressive, Douglas was a ball player lol and Anthony Dons limited time showed me he is ready for the step up which I don't think Odare is, he got pumped by the big Warrior backs, struggled a little defensively. Poor fella had Konrad Hurrell welcoming him to first grade.

Beau Falloon was quite good and direct.

Titans way fitter, warriors were massive but that's about it

DavidBouveng
09-02-13, 09:48 PM
Game set and match to Kelly.

Really sharp and clinical, will only need a few more mins of this kind of play and he has the hb position wrapped up.

Ioane was impressive, Douglas was a ball player lol and Anthony Dons limited time showed me he is ready for the step up which I don't think Odare is, he got pumped by the big Warrior backs, struggled a little defensively. Poor fella had Konrad Hurrell welcoming him to first grade.

Beau Falloon was quite good and direct.

Titans way fitter, warriors were massive but that's about it

Actually that reminds me yeah, Douglas played a reasonable amount of first receiver a la kasiano. Once or twice it went from hooker to Douglas to mini to the backs . Two forwards throwing flat balls and spreading it.

Alby floated effortlessly across showing the ball to inside runners before picking up the second man sweeping. Looked nice.

And alby defended pretty tough too. Seemed interested and willing to turn up. No laziness at all.

Julius Sezer
09-02-13, 09:59 PM
Glad about the wraps on Kelly. Sezer looked quite impressive and involved in the allstars match so i hope we can get big things when them 2 are in the halves together. Was impressed how good Sezer was considering how fast paced the match was. Looked rep material.

Titanic
09-02-13, 10:00 PM
On the back of Sezer's performance tonight that's encouraging.

Julius Sezer
09-02-13, 10:00 PM
how did Beau Henry go?

teke
09-02-13, 10:04 PM
how did Beau Henry go?same as usual

Get Kelly and Sezer together and I'm excited, more so with how sharp Albert was

Julius Sezer
09-02-13, 10:10 PM
same as usual

Get Kelly and Sezer together and I'm excited, more so with how sharp Albert was

Thats good to hear. Lets get the season rolling then!

DavidBouveng
09-02-13, 10:18 PM
yeah without getting too excited lets not forget we scored 40 without sezer , mead, gordon, zillman, taylor, bird , myles, harrison ,bailey ryan james. 9 of our starting 13. and a bench player.

alot of class to come back in.

Surfers66
09-02-13, 10:22 PM
Based on the photos i was up the other end of the field

Not sure how Henry got a mention i thought him and Rankin looked disjointed and rarely looked threatening. Rankin will be a good back up in the halves for Sezer and Kelly. Kelly looked very good and i was excited with each touch.
He put a beauty of kick through to Hunt but he spilled it on the line.

Ridge looked great and anyone who thinks Mini is ahead of Ridge need to have a closer look. Ridge tackles and runs hard and he will really push the starters in the next couple of years. Mini had a couple of good runs but i hope he does not get a spot on the bench by name and reputation alone.

I was really impressed with Matty Russell, i think he has a big future.
IMO he was the best of the backs in the first half. looks a little like Zillman but with more of a jink and a step where zillman runs the line and has a swerve. Still none of the backs did anything to demand to be picked.
Odare didnt really get an opportunity and as far as i saw he played entirely at fullback, Carney on the left picked up a try but he only had to catch it and pop it down.
Atkins and Don look like solid QCup players and reliable at best in the NRL.

Falloon added something and can provide a spark from the bench, The question is if we go with him or the four forwards.

Out of the forwards Douglas was the best with Ridge. Douglas had a bloody broken nose when he left the field late in the game but should be good to go for the next one. Ione looked solid.

In defence i think we looked pretty weak through the middle. The warriors hookers seemed to get out and run from half to easy. Our props, Harrison, Myles and Bird will tidy that up though.

My Picks, Ridge, Kelly, Douglas and Russell.

I looked forward to the next trial.:thumbsup:

Smakked
09-02-13, 10:29 PM
Sounds like the young ones are showing some promise, Sezer played really well with the limited time he had on the field at the all stars game, but looked good every time he got the ball

Hail Sezer
09-02-13, 10:31 PM
Thanks guys for these match reports, it's good to see the common trend being that we have what appears to be a good playmaker in Kelly and some promising youth, particularly with Russell. Will be interesting to see next weeks lineup.

teke
09-02-13, 10:50 PM

Not sure how Henry got a mention i thought him and Rankin looked disjointed and rarely looked threatening. Rankin will be a good back up in the halves for Sezer and Kelly. Kelly looked very good and i was excited with each touch.

Ridge looked great and anyone who thinks Mini is ahead of Ridge need to have a closer look. Ridge tackles and runs hard and he will really push the starters in the next couple of years. Mini had a couple of good runs but i hope he does not get a spot on the bench by name and reputation alone.

IMO he was the best of the backs in the first half. looks a little like Zillman but with more of a jink and a step where zillman runs the line and has a swerve. Still none of the backs did anything to demand to be picked.
Odare didnt really get an opportunity and as far as i saw he played entirely at fullback, Carney on the left picked up a try but he only had to catch it and pop it down.

Falloon added something and can provide a spark from the bench, The question is if we go with him or the four forwards.

Out of the forwards Douglas was the best with Ridge. Douglas had a bloody broken nose when he left the field late in the game but should be good to go for the next one. Ione looked solid.

In defence i think we looked pretty weak through the middle. The warriors hookers seemed to get out and run from half to easy. Our props, Harrison, Myles and Bird will tidy that up though.

I looked forward to the next trial.:thumbsup:Ridge doesnt run as hard as Mini but he did out play him today and will probably leave him behind this yr.

The number 22 (there were 2 of them) was Carney at FB when he came on, Odare was left wing. Matty Russell was a little solid block buster at the back and a decent replacement if the stocks thin.

Konrad Hurrell, what a beast :laugh:

DavidBouveng
09-02-13, 10:53 PM

I looked forward to the next trial.:thumbsup:

yeah this all accurate, although how sure are u that odare was fullback? he and Carney had the same number (22) but it was definitely odare on left wing who scored a few times, including a simple put down.

doesnt matter too much, neither of them will really push for first grade if thats there best, and i also agree that Rankin proved he will be Kelly and Sezers backup. he outplayed Henry easily and looked sharper as well as tougher.

absolutely agree with your four best player picks,Ridge is a mini Myles,and i would throw ioane and falloon in just behind those 4 as next best players.

DavidBouveng
09-02-13, 10:55 PM
not sure how interesting this is, but the team wore last years away jersey for the match.

Titanic
09-02-13, 10:55 PM
Nobody has mentioned Idris ... did he play?

DavidBouveng
09-02-13, 11:04 PM
Nobody has mentioned Idris ... did he play?

no mate he didnt play. might still be in cotton wool

DavidBouveng
09-02-13, 11:06 PM
again i know it is probably obvious now, but in kelly, we have a half who will be nrl quality, rather than just the best of a bad bunch which was a possibility if none of th options stood up.

teke
09-02-13, 11:41 PM
Hymel Hunt didnt do anything wrong from where i stood, with experience he will grow

K2G
09-02-13, 11:51 PM
From http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8607805

A serious knee injury to impact forward Sione Lousi soured Matt Elliott's first game in charge of the Warriors on Saturday night.

Elliott's youthful New Zealand outfit - missing 17 front-liners - fell 42-24 to the more-seasoned Gold Coast at Pizzey Park but the former Penrith and Canberra coach finished the night more upset by Lousi's injury.

The giant 23-year-old, who has played 31 NRL games, was carried off the field in the 52nd minute after reeling away from a hit-up near the Titans' line.

Lousi punched the turf in disgust and then writhed in agony when club medics detected ligament damage to his right knee.

"The early call on it is a posterior cruciate ... that's not great but it's not season-ending," Elliott said. "We'll obviously determine it over the next couple of days."

Lousi's brother Sam also finished the night with some worries as he was placed on report for a high tackle in the second half.

Titans prop Matt White will also undergo scans on his knee after copping a nasty blow in the early exchanges of the seven-tries-to-five win.

Despite the comfortable victory, Gold Coast coach John Cartwright's halfback selection dilemma wasn't made easier.

Jordan Rankin and Beau Henry started in the halves, while former Cronulla playmaker Albert Kelly came off the bench, and all showed glimpses of promise in their contest to fill Brisbane-bound Scott Prince's boots.

Seemingly the underdog for the role, Rankin impressed most and finished the night with a darting late try, as well as three from three with the boot.

"I don't think it made (the No.7 decision) any clearer to be honest with you," Cartwright admitted.

"The three of them defensively were very strong, and that's what we wanted out of them, and their kicking games were very good, and they threatened the line at varying stages."

Henry kicked well in general play and also at goal - slotting all four shots - while injury-plagued winger Anthony Don caught the eye with a two-try display which put him on track to start the NRL season at Shark Park on March 10.

Elliott was most impressed by lock Sebastine Ikahihifo, who laid the platform for the opening try of the match when Alehana Mara put five-eighth Pita Godinet over in the second minute.

"I can't say I'm happy tonight but I'm not bitterly disappointed," Elliott said. "It's only a trial and we exposed a lot of guys with very little NRL experience to another level so that's a positive thing."

Hope Whitey's all right.

Also, I hope the HB spot is decided upon after the next trial at the latest. The successful candidate should get atleast 1 full trial match running the team around with sezer before round 1.

I thought Harrison, Bird, Sezer and James all played great in the all stars game tonight. Really bummed i couldn't listen/watch the trial game tonight, but hopefully some footage appears online soon. Would love to see how Kelly/Henry/Rankin conducted the team, and how all the backs went.

It was a good night of footy, and i'm bloody glad its back.

Chaos
09-02-13, 11:55 PM
From http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8607805

"The three of them defensively were very strong, and that's what we wanted out of them,

Seriously...is that what he is looking for in the halves?

teke
09-02-13, 11:58 PM
Id say he's being diplomatic cause Kelly was sharper than all of them and the backline was alot crisper when he was on

TITAN PETE
10-02-13, 12:59 AM
I spoke to Carty,Clarky & Mr may after the match & I would say the one certain thing that came from tonight's trial was our no7 will be Kelly,,,Henry played well with the high Ball, Rankin is honest but Kelly is something special ..

My bolter for the starting 17 is Ioane , played long minutes & made a big impact .
Both Russel Odare wouldn't look out of place in the starting squad , Russell may be something special but would like to see him against some quality opposition.

TITAN PETE
10-02-13, 01:01 AM
Tragic news if Whitey is gone for the year but after talking to Marty Lang he thinks it may not be an ACL & hopefully only 6-8 weeks.

Chaos
10-02-13, 08:43 AM
Id say he's being diplomatic cause Kelly was sharper than all of them and the backline was alot crisper when he was on

Yeah but what were they told before the trial...concentrate on defense?
This is what you'd say to a couple of guys trying to make the lock position.
Surely if we are desperate for some attacking creativity, the halves would be instructed to showcase their attacking flair.

If he is just being diplomatic, what not say Kelly impressed in a trial?
Was Kelly not in his initial plans and now made his decision even more difficult?

lonegull
10-02-13, 08:48 AM
Can anyone give a bit of info on how the NYC went against burleigh

Big Dan
10-02-13, 08:51 AM
I spoke to Carty,Clarky & Mr may after the match & I would say the one certain thing that came from tonight's trial was our no7 will be Kelly,,,Henry played well with the high Ball, Rankin is honest but Kelly is something special ..

My bolter for the starting 17 is Ioane , played long minutes & made a big impact .
Both Russel Odare wouldn't look out of place in the starting squad , Russell may be something special but would like to see him against some quality opposition.

Totally agree Russell was good at times strong ball carry.Kelly looked the part.The cut out pass to speedster O Dare was one of the highlights of the game .ODare second try showed great determination.The kids is class

TITAN PETE
10-02-13, 09:05 AM

I thought they went really well mate when u consider they played against 2 completely different & fresh teams, the 1st half was against Burleigh who were mostly 1st graders & the 2nd half team had a few Burleigh Colts players.

The 5/8 Jahrome & one of the front rowers (huge kid) had really good games.

TITAN PETE
10-02-13, 09:16 AM
Titans too strong for Warriors in trial
Adam Santarossa
Saturday 9 February 2013 10:54 PM

The iSelect Gold Coast Titans have had their first hit out for 2013.

They proved to be too strong for the New Zealand Warriors running out 42-24 winners in their NRL trial game at Pizzey Park, Burleigh on Saturday evening.

A crowd of 5,500 were entertained with an enthralling contest which included 13 tries, with the Titans outscoring the Warriors eight tries to five.

The Warriors got off to a perfect start with Pita Godinet scoring under the posts inside the first two minutes, and the opening stanza proved typical of a trial with several dropped balls.

The Titans opened their account in the 15th minute as Anthony Don danced past two defenders to score after being sent clear by Matt Srama.

Steve Michaels made it two for the Titans in the 25th minute when he was on the end of a grubber from Jordan Rankin.

Beau Falloon added a third try when he barged over just ten minutes later, to give the Titans an 18-6 lead heading into halftime.

The lead was extended just four minutes into the second half when Mark O’Dare stormed down the touchline to score on the back of a Titans penalty in which Warriors forward Sam Lousi was placed on report for a high tackle.

David Fusitua sparked some life back into the contest when he barged over in the 52nd minute and when Conrad Hurrell made it two tries in three minutes there was suddenly only a converted try between the sides.

Fortunately the Titans found their composure and shortly after, Mark O’Dare was in for his double after a clever kick from Beau Henry.

Jordan Rankin staked his claim for the halfback spot when he darted past three defenders to take the lead out to 20 points in the 66th minute and Anthony Don registered his double just five minutes later as the Titans looked like running away with things.

The Warriors finished on a strong note though with two tries to Ngani Laumape (74th) and Atelea Nafetalai (77th)in the final minutes, but it wasn’t enough as the Titans ran out 24 point winners.

iSelect Titans coach, John Cartwright was pleased with the performance in what was a strong physical contest.

“It was a tough game. You know you’re always going to get a tough game against the Warriors. They sent over a lot of guys pushing for first grade spots, and you know one thing when you play them, they’re always physical and that’s what we really want to get out of a trial. A lot of guys got plenty of minutes for a first hit out, they’re going to be sore tomorrow but there were some pleasing aspects of it,” said Cartwright.
Cartwright was most pleased with the Titans resurgence after the Warriors opened the scoring inside the first two minutes.

“Probably the way they came back from the start. They’re a dangerous side when they get momentum, there were a couple of moments when they had a lot of momentum but we were able to stem that and come up with points ourselves. I think for the majority of the game we stuck to the structure we wanted, and defensively there were some really good patches.

“When we went down their end we came away with points and that was a good sign of us doing the little things well, chasing our kicks and getting to our kicks.

Despite coming away with the victory, Cartwright said there were still some things to fix ahead of next weekend’s trial against Brisbane at Redcliffe.

“We need to just tidy up, short kick offs and silly penalties, things that are in our scope to fix, even for a trial getting the ball back from a short kickoff is not acceptable so if we can tidy up in those areas.

Matt White will have an MRI on Monday after going off injured, whilst Sione Lousi is a major concern for the Warriors after Warriors coach, Matt Elliot confirmed a suspected Posterior Cruciate Ligament injury.

TITANS 42 (Don 2, O’Dare 2, Michaels, Falloon, Rankin, Henry 3/3, Rankin 4/4) defeated the WARRIORS 24 (Godinet, Fisutua, Hurrell, Laumape, Nafetalai, Godinet 2/5)

Julius Sezer
10-02-13, 10:12 AM
Yeah but what were they told before the trial...concentrate on defense?
This is what you'd say to a couple of guys trying to make the lock position.
Surely if we are desperate for some attacking creativity, the halves would be instructed to showcase their attacking flair.

If he is just being diplomatic, what not say Kelly impressed in a trial?
Was Kelly not in his initial plans and now made his decision even more difficult?

Carty did state before that Albert Kelly will be halfback.

Really pleased with peoples opinions of the match.

mdrew
10-02-13, 10:15 AM
Francis Veukiso I believe is the young guy you are referring to Titan Pete. Yes the NYC boys not too bad. Mitch Ardler played well too.

I thought they went really well mate when u consider they played against 2 completely different & fresh teams, the 1st half was against Burleigh who were mostly 1st graders & the 2nd half team had a few Burleigh Colts players.

shamus
10-02-13, 12:35 PM
7 tries Mr Santarossa...but still cracked 40, even though it was only a trial.:)

Chaos
10-02-13, 12:52 PM
Carty did state before that Albert Kelly will be halfback.

I glad he has him in his plans...but all the positives I'm looking for are coming from forum members...I want Carty to comment something constructive about his halves...I don't want to hear him make stupid comments like, you don't need a good half back to win a grand final.

I'd like him to acknowledge his strength in the forwards but realise there are areas of the game he needs help with.
I backs coach is too general...he needs help with creative attacking plays and how they are done.

DIEHARD
10-02-13, 01:52 PM
Well I came away highly impressed with many of our players. Albert Kelly is top of the list and really looks NRL standard and can picture him beside Sezer. Other half candidates had solid hit outs with Henry and Rankin too.

Ioane who we have had our eye on for a while was very impressive and looks destined for NRL in 2013.

With Matt White, he is one of my favourite Titans, so I really hope he gets some good news soon about his injury. He is an essential part of our 17 and a great bloke.

Russell has raised the bar on my expectations and O'Dare offered enough to think he is a prospect, especially if we shuffle one of our wingmen.

It did look like we were playing PNG not the Warriors, as they were wearing their fire jersey.

While it was just a trial and the first trial, it was pleasing to rack up a score. Disapppointing to leak a few late in the game. But to me, trials are more about attack than defence.

I hope in future the Titans can broadcast a live ustream or at least a live audio stream, it would also be something that fans at the game could tune into.

As it is pretty hard going keeping up, we got jersey double ups, teamlists that change and unlimited interchange.

No worries mate just relaying twitter feeds.

Well done, we have come along way since texting in the info from trial games in early 2007 while playing Snake on our Nokias.

Titanic
10-02-13, 02:31 PM
while playing Snake on our Nokias.

Gee, I misread that :D

david may
10-02-13, 05:38 PM
Seriously...is that what he is looking for in the halves?
"I thought the three of them were very strong defensively.
Their kicking games were all very good and they threatened the line at various stages. It hasn't made it much clearer for us so we'll keep that competition going right up until the season kicks off. The challenge then is to keep the guys up that don't make it and make sure they're putting pressure on every week."

Titanic
10-02-13, 05:44 PM
The challenge could well be to give the preferred option some game time with Sezer before the season starts.

DavidBouveng
10-02-13, 06:49 PM
Anyone with working eyeballs at last nights game knows the best option now.

Rather than just be satisfied with our likely halfback, I am genuinely excited and think that in combination with Sezer and our monster forward pack, There are some happy days ahead.

Blunt_Beno
10-02-13, 07:07 PM
is there any footage to this trial anywhere?

david may
10-02-13, 07:23 PM

Rather than just be satisfied with our likely halfback, I am genuinely excited and think that in combination with Sezer and our monster forward pack, There are some happy days ahead.
My eyeballs were working db!

david may
10-02-13, 07:26 PM
I thought our 20s went well. They won playing half the game against the Burleigh 20s and the second half against the full Burleigh side.

There were some really great performances in there and am really glad for the boys to get off to a positive start.

Something to build from.

Julius Sezer
10-02-13, 07:27 PM
My eyeballs were working db!

Then you know who to put at halfback :thumbsup:

William Zillman :fight:

teke
10-02-13, 07:28 PM
Yeah I agree.

david may
10-02-13, 07:28 PM

Francis you mean (8?) - I thought he had a terrific game too.

Coaster
10-02-13, 07:34 PM
Is there any highlights around?
I'm yet to see any footage.

DavidBouveng
10-02-13, 08:00 PM
Francis you mean (8?) - I thought he had a terrific game too.

Yeah David, he and the number 6 were standouts.

Francis was a wrecking ball with an offload. He will do well in NYC I'm thinking.

Chaos
10-02-13, 08:11 PM
"I thought the three of them were very strong defensively.
Their kicking games were all very good and they threatened the line at various stages. It hasn't made it much clearer for us so we'll keep that competition going right up until the season kicks off. The challenge then is to keep the guys up that don't make it and make sure they're putting pressure on every week."

Talking about defense in the halves is a pendulum swing from Prince.
Sezer already has a good kicking game but I do like to hear about them threatening the line.
The result of a good halve combination is the outside backs running in open space.

Challenge is to get the two that will make it and combine them together...our whole trials should be based on combining the best two halves that you think may be playing NRL...it's been our biggest week spot since we started...we already got the forward pack and outside backs (besides a centre spot up for grabs)

Big Dan
10-02-13, 11:02 PM
I attended the game Saturday night great day and night out.I was very impressed by Albert Kelly especially going to the right side edge.The ball he passed to Mark O Dare was a ripper.was the highlight of the night for me.O Dare for a winger showed great strength to run through the forwards to scored his second try.Matty Russell shows a lot of maturity in his game for a young fella.I wasn't very impressed by most of the guys who covered the centre positions.Hopefully next week against the broncos we will have somebody who will get us talking.For me Albert Kelly Matty Russell Mark O Dare all showed signs of class.Spoke to Nate Myles at the game what a great ambassador for our club State and Country.

teke
11-02-13, 12:06 AM
Matty Russel was a tough little "Jason Robinson" type runner who could fill in for when Zilly gets injured but he wont be kicking him out of the FB spot anytime soon.

Odare was ok, he likes to hit up without fear which is great. He has put on alot of size and didnt seem to have the speed of the highlights video, noticably when Conrad ran around him.

I liked the run of Don, a few quite words from some Titan players before hand said he goes alright and then he scored a long Eric Grothe Snr/Jnr try.

Im thinking maybe Stevie Michaels/Takaraingi for left centre rd 1....Hymel should get some mins this yr if he improves playing with men.

Julius Sezer
11-02-13, 08:14 PM
can we get highlights of the whole match plz

Hail Sezer
12-02-13, 01:16 PM
Here are the try scoring highlights for anyone interested

http://www.titans.com.au/news-display/Try-scoring-highlights-Titans-vs-Warriors/68206

Titanic
12-02-13, 01:46 PM
Who was it that put Don away for his first try - a really good effort? O'Dare's tries were both quality finishes - the first he set himself and made certain he got over whilst the second was great determination - pity we couldn't see his defensive lapses. Kelly's best side may not be to the left but at least he understands about getting the ball to the outside.

DavidBouveng
12-02-13, 01:50 PM
I would say Kelly will be a right side player.

Sezer prefers left, and will likely be there.

Whether u agree with left / right halves, and of course they will end in same side at points in a match, but they will be stationed left and right.

DavidBouveng
12-02-13, 01:52 PM
Also, maybe a warriors forum or site might show their tries, and therefore odares defence...

Hail Sezer, ur a search wizard, find it!

Tamwelg
12-02-13, 01:52 PM
Also, maybe a warriors forum or site might show their tries, and therefore odares defence...

Go to titans tv the warriors video is there.

teke
12-02-13, 01:53 PM
Who was it that put Don away for his first try Your boy Mini

Titanic
12-02-13, 02:04 PM
Whether u agree with left / right halves, and of course they will end in same side at points in a match, but they will be stationed left and right.

Do agree and can only be that way. Research will show nearly a million (well almost) posts about our left side defensive deficiencies and the fact that Bird defends that side. I concede that most teams like to attack to their right but we have never got that sorted. I am not only blaming Bird but there must be some serous shared responsibilities there.

And while having a little whinge about the left side, why did Bird feature in several left side raids where he passed outside whilst for us he turns the ball back inside? ... either he is told to do that (maybe) or the blokes outside positioned themselves better last weekend than ours do (this imho).

Your boy Mini

Great ball, shame about the hands ;) and I am the first to admit that he went better in patches last season.

Hail Sezer
12-02-13, 02:44 PM

Go to titans tv the warriors video is there.

Yep. Here are the warriors tries:

http://www.nrl.com/video/clubvideotitans/tabid/10940/contentid/520760/videotabid/126/default.aspx

C-Whiz
12-02-13, 06:19 PM
Yep. Here are the warriors tries:

http://www.nrl.com/video/clubvideotitans/tabid/10940/contentid/520760/videotabid/126/default.aspxOMG, that first try. :doh: But as DB and teke pointed out at the game, it was because Matt White had just been hurt in the first hit-up, which turns out now he could hardly run.
The others, check out my O'dare thread post, this supports it IMO, but i will add something else to it.

Julius Sezer
12-02-13, 06:33 PM
Some poor defensive efforts by the Titans. Hopefully Harrison, Myles, Bird, Ryan James, Bailey, Taylor, Ridge can fix that up.

C-Whiz
12-02-13, 06:51 PM
I should take a moment to thank teke for giving me a lift back to the golf club after the trial match. The All-stars match had kicked off and he was prepared to miss most of the first half to give me a lift, so thanks for doing me a solid teke and i'll endeavour to return the favour at some time. :thumbsup:

Chaos
12-02-13, 08:05 PM

Left and right halves are the go, especially when you have two halves that are good at both first and second receiver.
Cowboys will have that this year with Lui and Thurston.

I'd personally have Kelly on the left...most ball players like the left because their strongest pass is on the left...you would have seen Kelly give a cut out pass to his left in the trial...it looked natural for him.

Julius Sezer
12-02-13, 08:10 PM
Left and right halves are the go, especially when you have two halves that are good at both first and second receiver.
Cowboys will have that this year with Lui and Thurston.

I'd personally have Kelly on the left...most ball players like the left because their strongest pass is on the left...you would have seen Kelly give a cut out pass to his left in the trial...it looked natural for him.

Sezer likes the left side as well.

Mr Stupid
12-02-13, 08:29 PM
Who is playing in 7 shirt for Titans please?

Chaos
12-02-13, 08:36 PM
Sezer likes the left side as well.

Yeah but when was the last time you saw Sezer give a ball like kelly did in the trial?

Titanic
12-02-13, 09:26 PM
Somebody commented in this thread that they Kelly looked best floating to the right ... any takers?

DavidBouveng
13-02-13, 12:03 AM
He looked good either way titanic, but Sezer has a decent left foot side step, and him and birdy have some combo, I think he will be left side, Kelly right.

Tamwelg
13-02-13, 01:16 AM
I've watch a few of cronullas games on nrl.com recently just to see how Kelly went. He can ah and pass left or right, but side looks to be more comfortable.

Chaos
13-02-13, 10:42 AM
He looked good either way titanic, but Sezer has a decent left foot side step, and him and birdy have some combo, I think he will be left side, Kelly right.

Having a strong left foot step is an asset and good to use on the left side of the field but it doesn't help your outside backs on that side.

Interesting disscussion because it's the heart of our attack.

DavidBouveng
13-02-13, 12:17 PM
Agree chaos that it doesn't always help outside back, but with Sezer being a strong runner it does add at least some weight to where he plays. Defenders knowing he runs the line and steps in can help to give his outside players some space.

My bigger point was that that's where he feels comfy and I'm told by ppl in the team that's where he wants to play, so I think he'll play there.

teke
13-02-13, 02:09 PM
They both should be playing either side of the ruck like all the other good halve combos and they have been training for such