PDA

View Full Version : Titans: Online features

DeeGan
03-02-06, 11:20 AM
Titans: Online features

As you all know, the forum and site are no where near the 'completed' and features will be looked at as we near closer to 2007.

I want to know what you are wanting for the forum/site before 2007 launches?

Examples:

* Online radio
* Online Gold Coast Titans TV; interviews with players, coaches etc
* Live game cam
* D/Loads from Titans games

Now I am not saying the above are being introduced though anything is possible with the technology and expertise on offer at GNETECH STUDIOS.

Speak up here!

DeeGan

Queenslander
03-02-06, 11:25 AM
All of the above sounds great! But with the live game cam; would you be allowed to do that? Im just thinking that channel nine and foxsports will not like the fact that you can watch a game over the internet without watching either of their channels!

Steve Dangerous
03-02-06, 12:30 PM
online radio? i don't know about the do-ablitily of that. but my suggestion is jump on board with the 'podcast' craze. maybe when our debut season is getting near, start say hour/halfhour long podcasts once a week with inside titans news, player/staff interviews, and such? that could be great, i think.

also, i've seen this done before elsewhere.. perhaps have each player fill out a few questions, mix of serious and funny, just to put on their profile on the website as a little 'get-to-know-you' thing for the fans.

and i don't know how the broadcast rights work, but a downloadable highlights package could be great as well.

Super Cronk
03-02-06, 12:46 PM
Yeah i agree with steve about the profile things. I even suggested a few months back that the fans supply the questions.

Interviews with players on cam would be great aswell...maybe even some behind the scenes stuff? someone could walk around the titans office asking the people questions or just capturing whats going on, also you could do that with the players after training or on the bus when travelling away...sort of like a video journal.

DeeGan
03-02-06, 12:48 PM
online radio? i don't know about the do-ablitily of that. but my suggestion is jump on board with the 'podcast' craze. maybe when our debut season is getting near, start say hour/halfhour long podcasts once a week with inside titans news, player/staff interviews, and such? that could be great, i think.

also, i've seen this done before elsewhere.. perhaps have each player fill out a few questions, mix of serious and funny, just to put on their profile on the website as a little 'get-to-know-you' thing for the fans.

and i don't know how the broadcast rights work, but a downloadable highlights package could be great as well.

Great ideas.

The online radio thing is already happening at other forums/sites - www.rlfans.com for example. I am not saying we adopt one constant streaming of music etc., more a talkback type setup with interviews and stuff.

DeeGan

Titanium_BD1103
03-02-06, 01:45 PM
I like the look of all this stuff for our forum.. :D :D

I reckon online radio would be great, we could have interviews with players and coaching staff, like with have with the Q and A.. but actual video.. and then we could even, well those with a microphone, create like reviews of games or players that we like and send them to you Deegan and we could have our own radio show.. not 24/7 of course.. but just something to give the fans more.. :)

I also reckon an online tipping comp for this forum in 2007 would be cool and of course most importantly the forum and the site should have the latest information about our club, like it does now.. maybe even a section for us to post questions for the players.. like a thread, and then when they have the chance they can answer them, either by logging on here.. or by being asked them by staff.. :)

I know that is a big idea but it is what is done at many Music forums and makes the fans closer to those who they support.. :D

Whatever is done though.. I know it will be great and this site will be amazing come 2007.. :D

Steve Dangerous
03-02-06, 02:23 PM
Great ideas.

The online radio thing is already happening at other forums/sites - www.rlfans.com for example. I am not saying we adopt one constant streaming of music etc., more a talkback type setup with interviews and stuff.

DeeGan

interesting. i tried to give it a listen to get an idea of the sort of thing they do, but my computer didn't like it unfortunately lol. is it streaming all through the day with that sort of thing?

i was suggesting the podcast because you can do the exact same sort of interview and segment thing, but only have to come up with say an hours worth of material all week and people can listen whenever/whereever. just a feasability thing, it at essence is the same as radio just condensed into something that's possibly more managable. it's definately a great idea to have some sort of program like this. i'll have to check out how other places are doing their radio to get a better idea.

Parra Petty
03-02-06, 02:30 PM
Titans: Online features

As you all know, the forum and site are no where near the 'completed' and features will be looked at as we near closer to 2007.

DeeGan

Hi DeeGan,

I am in the midst of preparing a proposal to the Titans media organisation about submitting match reports on the Titans feeder clubs - Ipswich, Burleigh and Tweed Heads, for this website.

Being a Parra boy, I really wish that my clubs website would keep us up to date on the affairs of our Premier League and Jersey Flegg, especially considering these are about the only competitions we see to win!!! :( :(

I think it would be beneficial to promote our feeder QRL clubs on this site, as the more juniors gaining exposure, the better.

I realise that Chris Knell and Ian Buchanan may already have such ideas in their minds, but if they are looking for a freelance sports writer....... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Other ideas which have probably already been mentioned, or are already in the works include match reports of the preceding weeks Titans NRL action, weekly updates on players injury progress (not enough info. on other clubs websites) and the usual Tipping and Fantasy League competitions.

Sorry to bore you all, but these are just some grievances I have with other NRL clubs sites.

As I said, if the Titans are looking for a frelance sports writer (hint, hint) :thumbsup: !!!!

Cheers,

Parra Petty - Stephen Petroff,
Freelance Communications.

DeeGan
03-02-06, 02:59 PM
Hi DeeGan,

I am in the midst of preparing a proposal to the Titans media organisation about submitting match reports on the Titans feeder clubs - Ipswich, Burleigh and Tweed Heads, for this website.

Being a Parra boy, I really wish that my clubs website would keep us up to date on the affairs of our Premier League and Jersey Flegg, especially considering these are about the only competitions we see to win!!! :( :(

I think it would be beneficial to promote our feeder QRL clubs on this site, as the more juniors gaining exposure, the better.

I realise that Chris Knell and Ian Buchanan may already have such ideas in their minds, but if they are looking for a freelance sports writer....... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Other ideas which have probably already been mentioned, or are already in the works include match reports of the preceding weeks Titans NRL action, weekly updates on players injury progress (not enough info. on other clubs websites) and the usual Tipping and Fantasy League competitions.

Sorry to bore you all, but these are just some grievances I have with other NRL clubs sites.

As I said, if the Titans are looking for a frelance sports writer (hint, hint) :thumbsup: !!!!

Cheers,

Parra Petty - Stephen Petroff,
Freelance Communications.

Stephen

We are looking at the the majority of the above though I am not sure we will be looking at match reports for QLD Cup teams for the website. Sure we will note achievements (and we have links where very good match reports are written already) though this is not something we have really discussed. I will bring it up though.

A friendly tip, I have noted your interest as a free-lance sports writer from a previous post. No need to revisit ;)

DeeGan

Thanks DeeGan

DeeGan
03-02-06, 03:19 PM
re: The Titans media organisation about submitting match reports on the Titans feeder clubs - Ipswich, Burleigh and Tweed Heads, for this website.

I have spoken to Chris about this query you raised.

In short, we will ensure that something goes up on the site discussing the achievements of our feeder clubs, though it will more than likely come from our journalist friends in Tweed and Ipswich. Keep in mind there are regular articles on Burleigh?s performance in the Gold Coast Bulletin.

I would say we would just post these.

DeeGan

DIEHARD
03-02-06, 03:21 PM
A tour diary for any Titans on Kangaroos duty. Just like the Melbourne Storm did last year for the Tri Nations, with Matt King reporting for the Kangaroos and David Kidwell for the Kiwis.

This is a fantastic way for NRL clubs to support and cross over domestic and international competition. And it's a great read, a momento for the ages and I really love getting insight into tours and the people behind the players.

I love the idea of Titans TV. It can be a real variable format and anything that helps fans get to know the players more helps create more emotional attachment to them and it is something different from what we read in the papers or hear on NRL on FOX. Something a little less serious but no less insightful.

As for Titans radio, don't the Rabbitohs have Rabbitoh Radio? Should look into how they work that.

I would also appreciate being able to view the post match press conferences online.

An honours page for any State of Origin or Kangaroo representatives.

Dakink
03-02-06, 03:22 PM
Plus I think we will be endeavouring to keep the forum community abreast of all the feeder clubs results and progress right here on the forums. I know I want to know.

DeeGan
03-02-06, 03:22 PM
A tour diary for any Titans on Kangaroos duty. Just like the Melbourne Storm did last year for the Tri Nations, with Matt King reporting for the Kangaroos and David Kidwell for the Kiwis.

Yeah - great idea DIEHARD, cronk brought this up during the tri-nations and it would definately be something to look at when Luke Bailey tours for example! ;) We could also have Brian Carney's view as well I guess :)

DeeGan

DIEHARD
03-02-06, 03:23 PM
QRL.com.au provides fantastic coverage of QLD CUP matches, as do the club websites themselves and local papers.

I'd like to have a feeder club section on the website.

Ipswich Fan
03-02-06, 03:25 PM
I get to most of the Jets games so I can keep everyone updated with things from up here.

DIEHARD
03-02-06, 03:29 PM
I get to most of the Jets games so I can keep everyone updated with things from up here.

I was talking to DeeGan at the 7s about us getting to as many feeder club games as possible. Keep an eye on upcoming talent, support the clubs that support us and to keep us occupied in season 2006.

You might have some company at some Jets games this year!

Keep keeping us in the know.

brn2bwyld
03-02-06, 06:21 PM
A highlights package after every game would be good

lonegull
04-02-06, 10:01 AM
I think radio would be great also the tour diary would be awsome just to see how the players live on tour and to get a behind the scenes look at what goes on also i think team and player stats might be good :!:

DIEHARD
04-02-06, 12:04 PM
Have lots of pictures of fans in the stands. I really enjoy seeing pictures of all types of fans and seeing them on television.

Moejoe
04-02-06, 11:50 PM
Perhaps a fortnightly IRC chat with Players and coaches? Easily moderatoed so all questions are posted to an honest and responsible being and then relayed to the person who is in the IRC chat room on that given week. Similar to what they do with the 60 minutes chat after thier program?

DIEHARD
02-05-06, 08:43 PM
There may be a few logistical issues.

But I would love to see a Robina Stadium webcam, so you can monitor and watch the stadium be built everyday, see how things are going.

I think it would be great. The camera may need to be moved around, to allow for construction. But it would be a fantastic feature that every rugby league fan, not only Titans would be interested in.

Everyone is super curious about it and that won't stop until the day it opens, I think the Titans should have this feature to satisfy and feed the curiousity of fans.

It should be simple to set up.

That stadium is an asset to the sport not only the Titans. I can't wait.

Dakink
03-05-06, 08:10 AM
Or even progress shots!

Queenslander
03-05-06, 09:38 AM
A webcam of the construction at the Robina stadium would be a great addition to the website :thumbsup:

DeeGan
03-05-06, 09:47 AM
I know there is an upgrade coming soon to the website...I am not sure this will be apart of it (for obvious reasons) though I will fwd the feedback on.

Thanks guys :D

DIEHARD
03-05-06, 12:57 PM
Or even progress shots!

Yea having weekly ones would be great.