PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Rugby League in 2007

DeeGan
03-02-06, 11:49 AM
Fantasy Rugby League in 2007

I have decided that 2007 will be the starting year for the Titans Fantasy Rugby League competition.

Below are the rules being used from www.rlfans.com this year.

Competition Rules
Rules

Each team has a salary cap of ?2 million pounds (?2,000,000). The system will not allow you to spend any more than that.

You can select a maximum of three (3) players from any single club. The system will not allow you to select any more than that.

Each team owner can change their team 50 times per season MAX. Once you have made 50 changes you can make no more.

Each team owner can make unlimited changes until the Friday prior to the start of the regular season. At that point your last known team will be used and ALL player changes you make from then onwards will count as a change used.

You must select a full team of 13 players and a coach to score points.
Team Scoring

Team Scoring is as follows....

* 1 point for player making the starting 17.
* 1 point for converting a try or kicking a penalty.
* 2 points for being on the winning team.
* 4 points for scoring a try.
* 3 points for kicking a field (drop) goal.
* -2 points for getting a yellow card.
* -4 points for getting a red card.
* 2 points for coaching winning team.
* -2 points for coaching losing team.
* 1 point for playing in a draw.
* 1 point for coaching a draw.

Leagues

Your score will be displayed in an overall league and a weekly league. It will also be displayed in your specified club league.
Final Say

The final say on any problem during the course of the competition is with the admin staff at RLFANS.COM and once a final decision has been made by them no further correspondance will be entered into.

This will be a huge project that I will be looking at more later in the year and running in 2007.

For those who have ideas, opinions etc. post them here.

I will also look to have one or two you involved :)

DeeGan

Dakink
03-02-06, 01:01 PM
Ill be in!!!

Again you are going down Deegs!!!!

Steve Dangerous
03-02-06, 01:25 PM
That'd be brilliant.

The hard part i assume would be drawing up the list of players and assigning them price values according to their worth.. and making sure they're relative to the overall spending amount. could be tricky. any accountants? lol

Super Cronk
03-02-06, 01:46 PM
these fantasy comps are very confusing to me...but ill be happy to help where ever possible.

Steve Dangerous
03-02-06, 03:46 PM
Oh, forgot to ask. Is there a website/program that can be used to run this, or is it all done manually? If, at a guess, we have say 60 people taking part that's a lot of data to keep track off. possibly could be done with an automaticated spreadsheet or something.

do you know how rlfans work this behind the scenes?