PDA

View Full Version : Taliban sets its sights on Prince Harry

Sydney Titans Fanatic
11-09-12, 11:32 AM
Prince Harry's the number one target for the Taliban as he begins a four-month tour of duty in Afghanistan.
A spokesman told Reuters by phone from an undisclosed location it wanted the royal either kidnapped or killed.
Last time he was deployed it was a secret. This time, it was announced it beforehand.
Right now, the prince is in Helmand, one of the most dangerous places on the planet. He is joining the mission amid a huge upsurge of so-called "insider attacks", when Afghan soldiers turn their weapons on their coalition partners.
"The real worry is that somebody tries to infiltrate into the base, somebody who is appearing as a civilian worker on the base," says Stephen Ganyard, retired US marine commander.

For the next four months, Prince Harry - or Captain Wales as they call him - is giving up his swanky lifestyle for the front seat of an Apache attack helicopter, so lethal it can fire more than 600 rounds a minute.
"This is not just a mission where its just a royal being pushed off to the side in a non-dangerous sort of mission," says Ganyard. "He is right in the thick of it. He is doing the most important job that any pilot in the coalition can do in Afghanistan."
But that mission comes with serious risk. ABC News obtained footage of a helicopter crash last week. In the past month alone, four coalition helicopters have crashed, killing fifteen foreign troops. The Taliban claims to have shot them all down.
"Any time you spend a lot of time with bad guys shooting at you there's always a danger of being brought down," says Ganyard.
But the prince is no stranger to life on the edge. His recent late night romp in Vegas may have even made him "The People's Prince", spawning a rash of lookalike photos by fellow soldiers showing their support - and nearly everything else

Read more: http://www.3news.co.nz/Taliban-sets-its-sights-on-Prince-Harry/tabid/417/articleID/268803/Default.aspx#ixzz267XhTkMf

DIEHARD
11-09-12, 11:41 AM
I just don't think it is worth the risk to Harry or the British forces.

It'd be terrible if anything happened to Harry or to others because the target was Harry. He is safer in Vegas.

Julius Sezer
11-09-12, 07:25 PM
He is safer in Vegas.

Its ironic you say that after the tragic death of the Port Adelaide player John McCarthy. :ugh:

C-Whiz
11-09-12, 07:43 PM
I just don't think it is worth the risk to Harry or the British forces.

It'd be terrible if anything happened to Harry or to others because the target was Harry. He is safer in Vegas.haha, I like it. But as JS says, anything can happen in Vegas. Lucky he was only "shot" by a Papz camera. :D

But I would say one of the safest places in the world would be in the front seat of an Apache helicopter gunship.

Come get some, Taliban!!!:fight:

Apache's are friggin' awesome!!