PDA

View Full Version : Junior Development

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

mdrew
06-09-12, 08:51 AM
I wanted to start a new thread around Junior Development as I think that this is an area that we find out so little about. I am not saying that the club does not take junior development seriously, they must do, but we hear so little and then you see that NYC lists for other clubs and there are a number of players that were once part of our development squads, for example the Roosters one week had 5 players and the Bronco's have a couple as well. Also previously we got names of the players in out U13 and U14 Summer squads. From a fans perspective we seem to hear little about the next generation of Titans. I have only heard of two new U20's for next year, obviously there are more just we have not heard. It will also be good to follow some of the boys from our U18's who will progress to NYC, like Dan Kilian, Jordan Dulay etc. There is nothing better than following players through the various junior competitions to hopefully a successful 1st grade career.

lonegull
06-09-12, 09:54 AM
totally agree it would be great to find out who is on scholarships old and new, what is happening with the development squads, in and outs and generally just some news informing the fans whats happening with the development side of things

mdrew who are the two new players you have heard of coming to the club

Titanic
06-09-12, 10:14 AM
+1 and there should be some research done on why our players move on (I'm sure there is). Can't we offer incentives for them to stay on the Coast such as education support? Are our coaches not well respected? Are our scouts on holidays? Is our club such a poor option? Do they feel they won't get a go? Don't we have enough in the budget after buying outsiders? Are the kids just busting to get away from their roots?

mdrew
06-09-12, 10:28 AM
Mitch Denning - a young outside back from NSW country, represented NSW Country U18's this year, and has been playing 1st grade as well. The other I have been told about is Jake Goodsell another young outside back.

mdrew who are the two new players you have heard of coming to the club[/QUOTE]

mdrew
12-09-12, 09:25 AM
Looks like from articles in the Courier Mial that the Bronco's are coping a bit of flak for their Junior Development too. They at least appear to provide details, no information seems to be forth coming about our junior Development

Titanic
12-09-12, 09:54 AM
They are leaking players because they can't fit enough locals in and we're leaking players because we don't fit enough in.

mdrew
27-09-12, 08:12 AM
The U16 and U16 Gold Coast squads have been announced. Next year there will still be two teams for each age group, but unlike other years there will not be one Titans team and one other for each age group. The players will all be mixed in together. Sadly there is nothing from the Titans about which of our contracted players made it. Also all contracted juniors are apparently getting toegther for a camp over the next week or so, no news on that either.

lonegull
27-09-12, 08:27 AM
wouldnt it be great to get a bit of news on this because they are the future of our club, but like allways nothing.

rugbyleagueno1
29-10-12, 08:46 PM
i would like to know more about the young ones evan right down to selet semmer school sides and games ect

big bear
16-01-13, 03:55 PM
Not all of us want to here about Greg Bird signing a 2 million dollar contract.Inform the supporters about the juniors and the prospects of the u/20s for 2013 season.Most of us would like to follow the development of young boys from u/16 and see how far they go in the game.Sick of reading in the paper &watching on the news about these players and the rediculous amount of money they are being paid.

mdrew
16-01-13, 04:08 PM
I agree with you Big Bear. The lack of information is disappointing. I encourage everybody to post information on your juniors, it will help all.

Hail Sezer
19-01-13, 09:23 AM
Even if titans tv just did a segment on one of the u20s trainings, spoke to the captain and some players to see how their pre season is going. That'd be cool

TITAN PETE
16-02-13, 09:00 AM
Anyone not heading to Redcliffe today should think about coming out to watch the Titans under 14 & under 15 development squads play at Helensvale :thumbsup:

If u haven't seen rep footy at this age u will be very surprised at the quality of play & players , Mdrew will know what I'm talking about.

I know quite a few of the players & I'll give u 3 under 15's players to watch as these boys names u will hear of in the future.

Duncan Harding-Lock, probably the best junior defender in the competition & extremely quick ball runner.

Jack Nelson- started as a 7 ,went to wing,hit his straps in the 2nd row but he's a bit small & now finds himself with a shot at 5/8, already has been offered scholarships for 2 prestigious schools playing RU on the GC after only playing 1 year but he hasn't accepted yet as he wants to play RL.

Ethan Paikea-Front Row, at the age of 14 he's built like Sonny Bill with probably more skills already but has his head screwed on through great parents , devastating ball runner & who can chase down some of the quick backs in Defence , his running & Defence is something that must be seen to be believed :surprise: (YouTube)

Games times are
Under 14's - 4pm
Under 15's - 5.15pm

mdrew
16-02-13, 12:10 PM
Great stuff Titan Pete. You are spot on about Ethan, a real talent.

TITAN PETE
17-02-13, 08:26 AM
The 14's ran out easy winners about 5 tries to 1 & they played in pretty good conditions but there wasn't any real standouts.

The 15's was a great match till 3/4 time with Emry at his devastating best but as usual sometimes goes too far in Defence , both front rowers from Tweed played great games with big powerful running but the guy impressed me the most was the centre (no3) to look at was small & skinny but hit like a truck with speed & a side step that can't be taught scored a nice try, I'm told he's from South Tweed.

The final 1/4 was played in torrential rain & the Titans boys struggled to hang on to the ball, Toowoomba played a great game only going down by a single try.

Very good quality footy :thumbsup:

mdrew
17-02-13, 08:39 AM
Thanks Titan Pete, your insights are great. I assume Steve Dressler was one of the yong front rowers. Emery will be good, he is a really nice young fella. Once he matures a little he will go from strength to strength. Once again thanks for the info it is greatly appreciated

TITAN PETE
17-02-13, 08:41 AM
Thanks Titan Pete, your insights are great. I assume Steve Dressler was one of the yong front rowers. Emery will be good, he is a really nice young fella. Once he matures a little he will go from strength to strength. Once again thanks for the info it is greatly appreciated

Is Steve Dressler from Seagulls ?

mdrew
17-02-13, 08:44 AM
I believe so yes

TITAN PETE
17-02-13, 08:50 AM
I believe so yes

I spoke with his dad & he has signed with Burleigh Bears as they have been looking for Jack Peacocks replacement because he is out for the season after shoulder surgery, they have selected a great kid as I think he's far superior to Peacock.

I told him he'll get to see a lot more of Ethan this season as the Redbacks & Bears are arch rivals & between the 2 sides have won & played in every Grand Final since the sides have played finals.

mdrew
17-02-13, 08:58 AM
Heard that Steve was moving to a club on QLd side of the border, so that seems to confirm that. You have great knowledge of our juniors, thanks for sharing. Terrible news for Jack.

mdrew
22-02-13, 04:14 PM
Hopefully heading to Redlands tomorrow for the NYC trial against the Storm. In addition looking forward to see the four development squads on show, looking forward to see some of the young guys that Titan Pete mentioned. We have some real talent if we can keep and develop them.

TITAN PETE
23-02-13, 06:24 AM
I can't get there mate so give us an update please.

mdrew
23-02-13, 07:41 AM
Will do, any one in particular you want me to see how they go?

TITAN PETE
23-02-13, 08:49 AM
Will do, any one in particular you want me to see how they go?

I know that CC are playing I spoke to their very excited coach lastnight , I'm guessing that the MM are playing too so I'm keen to hear how Danial Schwass goes :thumbsup:

mdrew
23-02-13, 07:45 PM
Titans U14 Development squad won 44-4 against Redlands. Some very good performances, will add more later. They played a combined U15-16 squad so great result. U15's lost 16-12, but had a 14-1 penalty count against. Their sole penalty came in the lat 20 seconds. Emery Pere the best. Even the Redlands parents thought it was a joke

TITAN PETE
23-02-13, 08:15 PM
Titans U14 Development squad won 44-4 against Redlands. Some very good performances, will add more later. They played a combined U15-16 squad so great result. U15's lost 16-12, but had a 14-1 penalty count against. Their sole penalty came in the lat 20 seconds. Emery Pere the best. Even the Redlands parents thought it was a joke

Now that is a joke :boo:

mdrew
24-02-13, 10:14 AM
The best player on the park for the U14's was a boy from Wavell on Brisbane's Northside, Caleb, he was big aggressive a supurb, definately one to keep an eye on. Emery Pere from the 15's hopefully gets a call to one of the CC sides as he was too much for the opposition, but he must keep his cool, got sin binned at the end of the match yesterday

mdrew
25-02-13, 09:49 AM
Just a quick update. I did not see the game but the U18’s easily beat the Redlands U20 side on Saturday afternoon, with Kyle Kalkhoven, being a stand out. Apparently a number of trialists from NZ also played.

mdrew
25-02-13, 09:54 AM
Kaleb Rongonui is the young boy I mentioned in the tread earlier. He as the absolute standout for the U14 Development squad on Saturday. A young boy from Wavell High School on Brisbane's Northside. Well done to out junior development Officers for identifying him and getting him signed.

big bear
25-02-13, 01:31 PM
The best player on the park for the U14's was a boy from Wavell on Brisbane's Northside, Caleb, he was big aggressive a supurb, definately one to keep an eye on. Emery Pere from the 15's hopefully gets a call to one of the CC sides as he was too much for the opposition, but he must keep his cool, got sin binned at the end of the match yesterday

Emery was included in the cc squad right from day one but because of a number of reasons he was dropped from the squad.You figure the reasons.He was given the opportunity.

whitelinefever
25-02-13, 10:42 PM
Hopefully heading to Redlands tomorrow for the NYC trial against the Storm. In addition looking forward to see the four development squads on show, looking forward to see some of the young guys that Titan Pete mentioned. We have some real talent if we can keep and develop them.

mdrew, how did the Titans NYC go? I did not venture to Redlands, chose to go & watch Burleigh Colts, A Grade and Qcup sides play... v East Tigers. Interesting to see some 'titans 20's' playing in these trials for Burleigh.

mdrew
26-02-13, 07:55 AM
26 all. Good game. Titans came back from 26-6 down

mdrew
16-06-13, 07:32 PM
Heck - six of the Roosters NYC side from tonight's win over the Warriors started off at the Titans. Terrible stuff, and with David May going my hope of a change from Searle;s father is not likely to happen, we are so stuffed with our junior set up, I have had enough, unlikely to keep posting, especially if what I am hearing about the Roosters and Bronco's snaring a heap of our U18's and U16's is true. Thanks all.

DIEHARD
16-06-13, 08:04 PM
Heck - six of the Roosters NYC side from tonight's win over the Warriors started off at the Titans. Terrible stuff, and with David May going my hope of a change from Searle;s father is not likely to happen, we are so stuffed with our junior set up, I have had enough, unlikely to keep posting, especially if what I am hearing about the Roosters and Bronco's snaring a heap of our U18's and U16's is true. Thanks all.

I hope that isnt the case. Our junior set up is a real liability atm.

I really hope you don't leave us, we are all battling our doubts and emotions right now. It's tough.

But junior development needs to be our core business. We owe it to the NRL who have been nice enough to give us a license to represent this region. It is a responsibility.

Please hang in there for us mdrew.

Titanic
16-06-13, 08:35 PM
We owe it to the NRL who have been nice enough to give us a license to represent this region
The NRL did not give it to the club or the rugby league community, they gave it to Searle & Co and that's where we are stuffed.

Don't give it up mdrew DH is right, we need you.

Tamwelg
16-06-13, 08:42 PM
The NRL did not give it to the club or the rugby league community, they gave it to Searle & Co and that's where we are stuffed.

Don't give it up mdrew DH is right, we need you.

We sure do. I rarely reply, but I always read and appreciate your posts on the juniors.

Julius Sezer
16-06-13, 08:47 PM
Heck - six of the Roosters NYC side from tonight's win over the Warriors started off at the Titans.

This is very alarming.

lonegull
16-06-13, 08:56 PM
We sure do. I rarely reply, but I always read and appreciate your posts on the juniors.

Likewise

Toads
16-06-13, 09:03 PM
It's a pity the ARLC can't renege/cancel 39% of our license and oversee it until a new investor can be found. This bull**** has got to stop..

As many have touched on, mrdrew. Your input means a lot to many of us that don't have an ear to the ground in regards to our juniors. Stick around, Man :)

kioli
17-06-13, 10:24 AM

x3. Stick around mdrew

thelwall
17-06-13, 11:11 AM
x4 mate .. im the same

TITAN PETE
17-06-13, 01:21 PM
Mate u can't leave , u are the only other bloke on hear who knows the guys i'm talking about :nope:

The Qld under 15's Schoolboys squad goes into camp today for a week before heading down to the Chill of Canberra for the National Carnival at the end of June where 3 boys in particular Brent Wolf,Steve Dressler & Mudgee's own mini SBW Ethan Paikea will be playing for selection in the Australian Schoolboys u15 squad, i think all 3 will be chosen, halfback & 2 front rowers :thumbsup:
Of those 3 the 2 big boys have a Titans contract but Brent has been on the Donkeys books for 2 years already :?)

I understand the frustration of seeing so many locals playing for other clubs especially the Donkeys :boo: , for some of u guys to understand when there is a rep match or even a quality club game in any age group being played there may be 1 or 2 maximum Titans officials watching the game , there will be at least 6 Broncos plus the odd Roosters & Tigers development officials all watching the same boys play & what the others (especially the Donkeys) can offer in coaching terms & facilities is way beyond anything we could offer.

Chaos
17-06-13, 05:21 PM
I understand the frustration of seeing so many locals playing for other clubs especially the Donkeys :boo: , for some of u guys to understand when there is a rep match or even a quality club game in any age group being played there may be 1 or 2 maximum Titans officials watching the game , there will be at least 6 Broncos plus the odd Roosters & Tigers development officials all watching the same boys play & what the others (especially the Donkeys) can offer in coaching terms & facilities is way beyond anything we could offer.

Thats why the Broncos are going to get Gold Coast juniors, over the Titans...if your son has potential, you want him to develop his skills as best he can.
But since the Broncos aren't capable of seeing or holding on to smart play-makers...why aren't the Titans snapping them up...are we not capable either?

Julius Sezer
17-06-13, 05:52 PM
pls leave the forum mdrew... so you can become the Titans new CEO :thumbsup:

isaiah
19-06-13, 10:50 PM
x3. Stick around mdrew

stay, and do you know any more about signing the young inverell high school fullback?

mdrew
20-06-13, 06:05 PM
Do not believe that he has signed with anybody yet, but hearing Titans are less and less confident, in other words he may well sign for the Storm

stay, and do you know any more about signing the young inverell high school fullback?

mdrew
22-06-13, 09:19 AM
Josh Berkers, Qld Maroons U18 to play NSW Country. Well done Josh

mdrew
22-06-13, 10:55 AM
Maybe I spoke too soon Isiah. Bevan French is quoted in his local paper saying his preference is the Titans. We are his favourite team, interesting!

Do not believe that he has signed with anybody yet, but hearing Titans are less and less confident, in other words he may well sign for the Storm

mdrew
27-06-13, 09:12 AM
Both U13 and U14 Kookaburra's sides won on the first day of the QLD state trials. Plenty of Titan's scolarship holders in both sides.

TITAN PETE
27-06-13, 09:52 AM
Qld's under 15's have won through to the Schoolboys Grand Final & not surprisingly will face off against NSW on Friday in the ACT.

Would have loved to see some of the games as there was 10 teams competing from around Australia inc NT , WA, SA,Vic & ACT.

mdrew
28-06-13, 07:08 PM
Congratulations to Sean Garner for being named in the AUS U15 Order of Merit side. Qld Maroon won the competition with Qld White finishing third. Another GC boy brent Wolf was also named in the merit side.

mdrew
28-06-13, 08:45 PM
Two from tow for Kookaburra's U13 and U14m Konrad Edwards a centre in the Konrad Hurrell mold VERY impressive for U14's. Titans scholarships holder.

mdrew
30-06-13, 08:10 PM
13's and 14's Kookaburra's unbeaten. Brilliant, hold on to them please

lonegull
30-06-13, 08:18 PM
Thanks mdrew for all the updates hopefully we can keep a few of these kids and hopefully find a few superstars in their :thumbsup:

mdrew
06-07-13, 09:13 PM
Lol - ex Titans scored 4 tries in Rooster U20's win. Two ex Titans starred in Bulldogs U20 win, our U20's, we will get smashed tomorrow. Great job titans!

lonegull
06-07-13, 09:15 PM
Typical and nothing will change, see the going titans popping up in other teams whilst our own NYC struggle

Julius Sezer
06-07-13, 09:28 PM
Lol - ex Titans scored 4 tries in Rooster U20's win. Two ex Titans starred in Bulldogs U20 win, our U20's, we will get smashed tomorrow. Great job titans!

If you don't mind can you name the players pls?

lonegull
06-07-13, 09:30 PM
Jack godsell is the player from the roosters, he was the one who left the titans at the start if the year over unpaid money and a fallout with Searle

TITAN PETE
06-07-13, 11:19 PM
Jack godsell is the player from the roosters, he was the one who left the titans at the start if the year over unpaid money and a fallout with Searle

Well I would've never thought :surprise:

mdrew
15-07-13, 07:58 AM
Hearing newly selected Australian Schoolboys hooker Jennan Wedderburn-Parish has in fact signed with the Titans. It seems that the Bronco's let him go earlier in the year. Very very talented young hooker, who even though is still eligible for U18's next year, must be a massive chance to play NYC next year.He will have to battle against Aaron Booth and a youngster from Grafton but…

If he is with us, he is up there with Sam Swift as one of our top two or three juniors. I can be negative with the Juniors, but credit with this one, a very talented young player.

lonegull
15-07-13, 08:23 AM
Finally a positive in our juniors. Keep up the good work mdrew keeping us all informed

Julius Sezer
15-07-13, 10:46 AM
Our Junior development is still in crisis !!!!!

Toads
15-07-13, 12:27 PM
Hearing newly selected Australian Schoolboys hooker Jennan Wedderburn-Parish has in fact signed with the Titans. It seems that the Bronco's let him go earlier in the year. Very very talented young hooker, who even though is still eligible for U18's next year, must be a massive chance to play NYC next year.He will have to battle against Aaron Booth and a youngster from Grafton but…

If he is with us, he is up there with Sam Swift as one of our top two or three juniors. I can be negative with the Juniors, but credit with this one, a very talented young player.

Glad to hear some positive news from this area of the Titans for a change, mdrew. Hope he lives up to the good wrap you've given him. :)

Julius Sezer
15-07-13, 12:29 PM
so many hookers at the club !

mdrew
15-07-13, 04:12 PM
I agree, I am one of the first to criticise, thus to be fair, I think that it is in fact more important to note positives, and having this young man a Titan's contracted player is a massive positive.

Our Junior development is still in crisis !!!!!

Tamwelg
15-07-13, 04:23 PM
Great news. Thanks for the update.

Julius Sezer
15-07-13, 06:01 PM
I agree, I am one of the first to criticise, thus to be fair, I think that it is in fact more important to note positives, and having this young man a Titan's contracted player is a massive positive.

Certainly. It is ofc more important to note positives...

but i always focus on the negatives so yeah.

mdrew
15-07-13, 06:57 PM
So much for the good news Lol - Connor Carey scored for the Cowboys tonight against Manly. Connor who is still eligible for U18's is a talented young outside back in his first season with the Cowboys after a number of seasons with us. I tried to be positive! PS - The Cowboys 5/8 is also ex Titans.

Julius Sezer
15-07-13, 08:39 PM
f**** sake

mdrew
16-07-13, 04:19 PM
Great to see Jackson Clarke making his NYC debut this week. He is a young second rower who played very well for GC White in the MM competition. He is a hard worker you will tackle everything.

mdrew
21-07-13, 08:33 AM
Two to watch out for in NYC next year - Harlon Solomon originally from NZ now at PBC, player of the competition in the recent Titans challenge and Ihaka Savage, originally from Waitako NZ now with Marist Brothers in Group One. Both play in the front row. A few young NZ's have moved to the Grafton area of late. Also watch for a young boy originally from Canterbury Junior Rugby League who has moved to the Lismore area, we are one of a number of clubs he is talking to.

mdrew
24-07-13, 07:07 PM
Good to see Josh Berkers and Joe Wegert in QCup Colts with Burleigh. They have played one or two games already. Joe is built like Paul Gallen and Josh is a second rower after converting from centre. He has some before the line ball skills. Joe will out work anyone. Good to see Burleigh playing so many boys from MM

mdrew
24-07-13, 07:09 PM
Oops forgot Delaine Gilford as well. Five MM boys in Burleigh Colts. Well done all.

Hail Sezer
24-07-13, 07:25 PM
Thanks mdrew. Are the Schwass brothers also in that burleigh team?

mdrew
24-07-13, 07:35 PM
Yes they are. Must admit Hayden has impressed in the last couple of games. Titan Pete can tell you how good Daniel is. The only reason he is not in NYC is the good form of Kane Elgey.

Thanks mdrew. Are the Schwass brothers also in that burleigh team?

Hail Sezer
24-07-13, 07:38 PM
Good to hear. Is it likely they will both be in the NYC team next year then?

mdrew
24-07-13, 07:42 PM
Daniel certainly, Hayden hopefully

Good to hear. Is it likely they will both be in the NYC team next year then?

Hail Sezer
24-07-13, 07:48 PM
Sounds promising! Cheers mdrew.

Any fullbacks coming through that we should be looking out for?

mdrew
24-07-13, 08:09 PM
A few, Zac Young who will play MM next year is promising, Spencer Hepi, more known as a centre another in MM next year. Sean Dinsey who is U15's this year, shows promise too. One or two more I will detail soon.

TITAN PETE
24-07-13, 08:30 PM
Yes they are. Must admit Hayden has impressed in the last couple of games. Titan Pete can tell you how good Daniel is. The only reason he is not in NYC is the good form of Kane Elgey.

Both top players & the only reason Hayden hasn't got a Titans contract is he has had to come off a couple of bad injuries.

Not only are they great players they are also trainers for The Redbacks u15 team who are currently running 1st & my son is one of the starting Front Rowers :D

Hail Sezer
24-07-13, 08:48 PM
looks like there are some good options shaping up for 2014..

I'm guessing Schwass at 7, Hudson and Schwass (maybe) in the centres, Hughes at fullback and potentially that new signing from aus schoolboys at hooker?

Am I learning? haha

mdrew
25-07-13, 02:08 AM
Lol - the more discussion on our juniors the better. Next years NYC will be interesting, even though we have lost some, we do have some decent boys from MM moving up, especially in the back row. We should have an amazing CC squad, absolutely amazing

mdrew
27-07-13, 10:18 PM
Can a mod please close and delete this waste of time thread, I am embarrassed I started it, apologies to all

Hail Sezer
27-07-13, 10:20 PM
Chill out mate, we all enjoy this thread, no need for it to go :)

Besides, when we have a new coach we're still gonna need someone to inform us on our juniors ;)

mdrew
28-07-13, 04:29 PM
Multiple ex titans scored tries in NYC this weekend, including Dallas Wells, Jake Goodsell (17 for the season I think), Alex Grant etc etc. Our NYC, after a solid run were disappointing and like 1st grade are done for the year. Sigh

mdrew
01-08-13, 05:15 PM
We have signed Jayden Connors from Glenn Innes, a young fullback who ahs represented NSW Country. Good Luck to the young lad in the NYC next year

Hail Sezer
01-08-13, 05:19 PM
We have signed Jayden Connors from Glenn Innes, a young fullback who ahs represented NSW Country. Good Luck to the young lad in the NYC next year

Cheers mdrew. How does he go?

lonegull
01-08-13, 05:38 PM
Thanks mdrew, keep the updates rolling in

mdrew
01-08-13, 05:48 PM
A tall rangy type. From a style perspective think someone like Luke Patten to give you some idea of how he plays. Represented NSW Country U18's this year. Scored a host of tries in the Country selection trials. Looking at his game, could also play on the wing.

Cheers mdrew. How does he go?

mdrew
01-08-13, 05:48 PM
No problem will try

Thanks mdrew, keep the updates rolling in

mdrew
02-08-13, 11:46 AM
Zac Leonard a winger from North Tamworth looks like he has signed for NYC next year too. Represented NSW Country U18;s, in hte same side as Jayden Connors against Qld and toured NZ with them.

Hail Sezer
02-08-13, 11:54 AM
Zac Leonard a winger from North Tamworth looks like he has signed for NYC next year too. Represented NSW Country U18;s, in hte same side as Jayden Connors against Qld and toured NZ with them.

Is he the ranga?

mdrew
02-08-13, 12:05 PM
Lol yes thats him

Is he the ranga?

mdrew
02-08-13, 03:36 PM
Do not know anything about him, but a good story in his local paper, we seem to have a solid presence in Group 19, last year we signed Mitch Denning a centre who is coming back from injury through Tweed Colts.

Titanic
03-08-13, 12:16 PM
I love this thread ... more quality news here than the entire Titans collective of media ... great stuff mdrew

lonegull
03-08-13, 12:24 PM
I love this thread ... more quality news here than the entire Titans collective of media ... great stuff mdrew

Totally agree, it's great to see the updates from mdrew with the different players from far and wide with out this thread we would not have a clue about any juniors

mdrew
03-08-13, 04:08 PM
We may have landed a real gem in Jayden Connors, he has recently progressed to 1st grade for Tingha in Group 19, scoring a host of tries in his first four games, he is also a good goal kicker. In relation to Zac Leonard, he is still eligible for U18's next year, so it is unsure whether he will be staying in Group 19 next year or moving up to the Coast. He represented NSW Country in U16;s last year, and now U18's this year, no mean feat. Plays his club football in the centre's.

mdrew
09-08-13, 03:01 AM
Good to see both PBC and Keebra making the GIO Schoolboys cup QLD finals. A few Titans in each, but more from PBC obviously

mdrew
12-08-13, 06:56 PM
Anyone care to have a guess about how the NYC side below would go against our current side, let alone how they would be going in the current comp? The key thing linking them all is that we either had them under contract or as part of a junior development squad.

1. Neme McDonald (Roosters)
2. Jack Goodsell (Roosters)
3. Brenden Elliot (Roosters)
4. Marion Seve (Tigers)
5. Connor Carey (Cowboys)
6. Alex Grant (Cowboys)
7. Moses Mbye (Bulldogs)
8. Lloyd Perritt (Bulldogs)
9. Jayden Burrell (Bronco's)
10. Brandon Tago (Roosters)
11. James Dunley (Panthers)
12. Joe Offenguae (Bronco's)
13. Jack Creighton (Bulldogs)
14. Dallas Wells (Sharks)
15. Andrew Vella (Tigers)
16, Tuala Togisiti (Roosters)
17. Sam Short (Manly)

The team above is why I get seriously angry about the terrible state of our juniors. Remember this is the lot who sent Luke Keary away because he was not good enough for our NYC side two years ago.

jores
15-08-13, 10:18 AM
mdrew I really enjoy reading this thread about your Juniors. I support the Storm but like reading about up and coming players of GC as a second team. So I thought I would pass on any signings I find.

You have signed Deacon Fletcher who played for Redcliffe MM Cup side that won the competition and is now playing Colts. He was also halfback for QLD u18 schoolboys earlier this year. He signed for two years.

mdrew
15-08-13, 10:37 AM
Thanks Jores, he is a class act the Bridie boy. Thought was a little unlucky not to the Aust schoolboys half, he was man of the match in a couple of the championship games. We will have a bit of competition in the half's in the NYC squad next year. Your information is greatly appreciated by all

Hail Sezer
15-08-13, 10:43 AM
Welcome jores!

mdrew, Will Christian Hazard play NYC?

mdrew
15-08-13, 12:30 PM
I would suggest so, do not think he is ready for QCup just yet

mdrew
15-08-13, 06:55 PM
A good story for the future of the Titans is the amazing amount of potential we have at halfback for NYC next year. Kane Elgey is eligible and playing very well at present. Christian Hazard is extremely talented and Daniel Schwass was the junior player of the year. Then you can add in Deacon Fletcher that Jores mentioned earlier, he is a real talent with a very good kicking game and I have not even mentioned Sam Grant. Interesting to see if any are tried in different positions, maybe Kane at fullback and Sam at hooker? Well done Titans, fingers crossed that they all get an opportunity

mdrew
16-08-13, 07:43 AM
Bad luck to PBC who were knocked out of the GIO schoolboys cup in the Qld semi finals. St Johns College Woodlawn also had a tough loss the Hills Sports High in a NSW schoolboys comp. They had a try disallowed in the last minute, sending the game into overtime, and subsequently losing. Anthony Coleman, a talented young backrower, contracted to us was the best player on the field, watch for him next year in NYC. A few other Titans contracted players were also involved including the Elliott brothers, Max and Sam. Some real talent in Woodlawn side, including half Jacob Follent, hooker Hugh Pratt, backrower Kyle Kennedy.

Hail Sezer
17-08-13, 03:07 PM
Bad luck to PBC who were knocked out of the GIO schoolboys cup in the Qld semi finals. St Johns College Woodlawn also had a tough loss the Hills Sports High in a NSW schoolboys comp. They had a try disallowed in the last minute, sending the game into overtime, and subsequently losing. Anthony Coleman, a talented young backrower, contracted to us was the best player on the field, watch for him next year in NYC. A few other Titans contracted players were also involved including the Elliott brothers, Max and Sam. Some real talent in Woodlawn side, including half Jacob Follent, hooker Hugh Pratt, backrower Kyle Kennedy.

Well played mdrew...he got the call up to NYC for today's game vs the Cowboys. Playing centre inside Tevita Folau

mdrew
17-08-13, 03:15 PM
Anthony is a class act, very good defensively, will end up in the backrow, interesting selection at centre, good luck to him, I honestly think that he is a real chance to play 1st grade one day

mdrew
24-08-13, 07:33 PM
Lol we are -232 in for and against in NYC, with a disgraceful 722 poinst scored against us. Never fear the same side will trundle out and get smashed again next week, no wonder we can not get any of the youngsters to commit, they realise their careers will end very quickly if they stay with the Titans

mdrew
25-08-13, 05:10 PM
Good win for the Burleigh Colts side against Norths. Daniel Schwass with a try, pity Kane Elgey is playing so well, Daniel may have been blooded in NYC this year.

Hail Sezer
25-08-13, 05:15 PM
Good win for the Burleigh Colts side against Norths. Daniel Schwass with a try, pity Kane Elgey is playing so well, Daniel may have been blooded in NYC this year.

What's gonna be the situation next year with us signing Hazard and the other bloke from Redcliffe (I think)? We'll have an abundance of worthy halves?

Also, Jahrome will still be eligible for NYC in 2014. Where will that leave Jayden Connors?

mdrew
25-08-13, 07:32 PM
Certainly interesting times at half in NYC, Deacon Fletcher (Redcliffe) is an absolute class act, and will be difficult to keep out of the side. If you have seen the young half from St George, Hastings, you have seen a similar style of player as Deacon Fletcher. Hazard is quick, very quick, Danial Schwass more of an organiser. The key is Kane Elgey he has been our best over the last couple of weeks. I think that he would be great at fullback, with Hughes moving to centre. All in all, and great problem to have, IF we can develop them and lets face it we are not developing our youngsters with the current set up. Give me a go Lol. Jayden Connors may need to slot in on the wing until he gets a little stronger, but with a roving commission he can still make an impact.

What's gonna be the situation next year with us signing Hazard and the other bloke from Redcliffe (I think)? We'll have an abundance of worthy halves?

Also, Jahrome will still be eligible for NYC in 2014. Where will that leave Jayden Connors?

Titanic
25-08-13, 07:41 PM
How long before Matt Russell gets sick of it and heads off?

Hail Sezer
25-08-13, 07:47 PM
Certainly interesting times at half in NYC, Deacon Fletcher (Redcliffe) is an absolute class act, and will be difficult to keep out of the side. If you have seen the young half from St George, Hastings, you have seen a similar style of player as Deacon Fletcher. Hazard is quick, very quick, Danial Schwass more of an organiser. The key is Kane Elgey he has been our best over the last couple of weeks. I think that he would be great at fullback, with Hughes moving to centre. All in all, and great problem to have, IF we can develop them and lets face it we are not developing our youngsters with the current set up. Give me a go Lol. Jayden Connors may need to slot in on the wing until he gets a little stronger, but with a roving commission he can still make an impact.

Cheers mate!

How long before Matt Russell gets sick of it and heads off?

I feel really sorry for Matty Russell. Comes all the way over here to sit on the wing for an u20s team which is getting smoked week in week out.

TITAN PETE
25-08-13, 07:49 PM

Danial got a start in 1st grade off the bench today, almost a bit of "Old School" footy :thumbsup:

mdrew
27-08-13, 09:17 AM
Good to see common sense prevail in relation to the upcoming CC and MM trials. A number of players are not required to trial, they are noted below. A number are linked to the Titans. A couple more I think are but can not confirm. Surprised a few more were not excused from trialing, but I guess this gives as many boys as possible a chance.

U16 – Emere Pere, Liam Clark, Baylee Gerrard, Jack Peacock, Apiata Noema, Sean Garner, Steve Dresler, Duncan Harding, Brent Woolf, Ethan Paikea, Vito Sula-Siosiao, Liam Whitbread.

Titans linked U16's - Emery Pere (backrow), Jack Peacock (front row), Apiata Noema (centre), Sean Garner (second row), Steve Dressler (front row), Duncan Harding (lock), Ethan Paikea (front row)

U18 – Ethan Roberts, Keegan Hipgrave, Jesse Savage, Sam Elliot, Nathan Prostrama, Keanu Dawson, Braydon McMahon, Brett Straton, Max Elliot, Shane Wright, Dylan Pelo, Daymeric Pelo, Kyle Kalkhoven, Jennan Parrish, Sam Swift.

Titans linked U18's - Sam Elliot (backrow), Keanu Dawson (backrow), Brayden McMahon (5/8), Brett Stratton (centre), Max Elliot (second row), Dylan Pelo (wing), Daymeric Pelo (front row), Kyle Kalkhoven (front row), Jennan Parrish (hooker), Sam Swift (backrow)

I do not think that either Jennan Parrish or Sam Swift will line up in MM, I expect/hope that they both start in NYC.

TITAN PETE
29-08-13, 01:25 PM
U16 – Emere Pere, Liam Clark, Baylee Gerrard, Jack Peacock, Apiata Noema, Sean Garner, Steve Dresler, Duncan Harding, Brent Woolf, Ethan Paikea, Vito Sula-Siosiao, Liam Whitbread.

Anyone looking to watch a top class game of junior Rugby League should get to Runaway Bay to watch the under 15 Grand Final on Friday night @ 6pm where the highlighted players are all playing for the Burleigh Bears & the Mighty Mudgee Redbacks , these 2 clubs are arch rivals & have played in 4 of the past 5 deciders,the match will be a ripper as it always is :fight:,,,,,,,,,, i am biased because my son plays for the Redbacks :fist:

TITAN PETE
31-08-13, 12:19 AM
Mudgee Redbacks win it in a nail biter in extra time 25-24 :fist:

mdrew
31-08-13, 10:25 AM
Congratulations to your boy Titan Pete

TITAN PETE
31-08-13, 01:43 PM
Congratulations to your boy Titan Pete

Thanks mate :thumbsup:

Hope u got to see the match mate it was the best junior game I've ever witnessed even if the ref tried to sway the result, if u missed it Duncan Harding played a blinder & picking up Man of the Match , Apiata (API) got u15 player of the year he is a great talent..

mdrew
31-08-13, 07:21 PM
Saw most of the game, yes it was a very high standard. Apiata is a great talent. Well done to all of the boys in all grades. That game and others shows the talent and dedication of the boys and the coaches and parents

mdrew
31-08-13, 07:26 PM
Great win for Burleigh Colts this afternoon. Sam Swift making his debuts and scoring as well.

Coaster
01-09-13, 11:43 AM
Little to no representatives of the Titans at the Junior Grand Finals

Would love to know the reasoning behind that ingenious idea

TITAN PETE
01-09-13, 07:15 PM
Little to no representatives of the Titans at the Junior Grand Finals

Would love to know the reasoning behind that ingenious idea

Come on mate Gavin Judd was there :?)

mdrew
09-09-13, 08:32 AM
Good to see a number of Titans Development staff at the Ipswich U18 Grand Final over the weekend, a number of talented boys on show at the game. After another disasterous NYC season (at least we did not final last but two wooden spoons and two second last places in the last 4 years, is still horrific) it is good to see that they are apparently looking far and wide for players who can contribute next year and beyond.

Titans Riley
10-09-13, 05:58 PM
One really good junior is Josh Berkers; plays for Burleigh Bears at the moment, and one the Confraternity Cup player of the year this year. I actually am very good friends with him, and he plays Back-Row/Five-Eighth. He'll most likely be in the U20's team next year. I played in the Confraternity squad this year for Marymount (Same team as Josh, he was our Five-Eighth, and I played at Centre) and I've never played with anyone better than Josh. I've played against Sam Swift, and I've played against the Pelo brothers, as well as the Schwass brothers, but Josh is without a doubt the best I've played with and/or against.

mdrew
10-09-13, 06:02 PM
Ultimately Josh's future is in the backrow, one spot where we seeming have a bit of depth in NYC in 2014. An advantage he has is his ball skills before the line, a product from his time wider out. May struggle to get a start immediately in 2014, but you are right should be in the squad.

One really good junior is Josh Berkers; plays for Burleigh Bears at the moment, and one the Confraternity Cup player of the year this year. I actually am very good friends with him, and he plays Back-Row/Five-Eighth. He'll most likely be in the U20's team next year. I played in the Confraternity squad this year for Marymount (Same team as Josh, he was our Five-Eighth, and I played at Centre) and I've never played with anyone better than Josh. I've played against Sam Swift, and I've played against the Pelo brothers, as well as the Schwass brothers, but Josh is without a doubt the best I've played with and/or against.

mdrew
30-09-13, 01:58 PM
U16 Cyril Connell Cup squads contains multiple Titans contracted players including:

Blake Buxton
Tom Plater
Steve Dressler
Ethan Paikea
Jack Peacock
Jai Whitbread
Sean Garner
Apaita Noema
Emery Pere
Duncan Harding
Payne Hass
Harry Fitzhugh

mdrew
30-09-13, 02:01 PM
A number of Titans contracted boys missed out on MM Cup selected but have been named in GC U17 Development Squad.

Sam Ross
Tekapo Tuaine
Riley Yates
Alex Fitzhugh
Jake Gleeson
Waylon Wood
Rory Lillis
Jacob Roby

mdrew
30-09-13, 02:10 PM
Missed a few CC boys:

Michael Chalmers
Baily Gill
Fletcher Harold

mdrew
30-09-13, 02:18 PM
U18 MM Titans players include:

Puo Poihipi
Brett Stratton
Daymeric Pelo
Ethan Ahrens
Spencer Hepi
Braydon McMahon
Nick Burns
Josh Ralph
Braydon Robson - watch out for this young 5/8
Jerome Green
Jennan Wedderburn-Parrish - I think he starts in NYC
Jack Cook
Zac Beacher
Ethan Brower
Kyle Kalkhoven
Sam Elliot
Keanu Dawson
Max Elliot
Sylan Pelo
Sam Swift - I think he starts in NYC
Kyle Kennedy - real good young backrower from Lismore
Keenan Palasia
Jed Cartwright
Rohan Pottinger

mdrew
30-09-13, 04:26 PM
Joel Hagan is an interesting pick up for the Titans. The Bronco's signed him as a 13 year old and placed him at Nudgee College in Brisbane. He has been courted by NRL AFL and Super Rugby teams. A very fast talented young fullback. Another one is Kupi Ta'ala, who has come over from rugby where he was a scrum half. Rohan Pottinger is a big front rower from NSW country with big wraps on him as well

lonegull
30-09-13, 04:39 PM
Thanks once again mdrew, it's great getting updates like this excited about news you have given on a couple of signings hopefully our NYC will be a little better this year. Please keep updates flowing

hammer
30-09-13, 04:49 PM
Jed Cartwright...any connection there?

mdrew
30-09-13, 04:54 PM
Absolutely

Jed Cartwright...any connection there?

Hail Sezer
30-09-13, 06:33 PM
Tell me more about Joel Hagan please. How old is he and will he feature for our NYC next year?

mdrew
30-09-13, 06:51 PM
Lightning quick and can kick in general play. Played a lot of fly half in union. Whilst he is relatively slight of build he is very strong. He will not start in NYC but after the MM competition I guess you never know. A few others more likely to feature in NYC in 2014, like Sam Swift, Jennan Parrish, Max Elliot, Dylan Pelo and smokies Keanu Dawson even though next year will be his first out of U16's and Braydon Robson (5/8) from Northern NSW

Tell me more about Joel Hagan please. How old is he and will he feature for our NYC next year?

mdrew
01-10-13, 07:47 AM
apologies missed Jordon Sims from MM

mdrew
01-10-13, 02:53 PM
If anyone goes to the games, keep an eye out for Brandon Russell in CC, still eligible for U15's next year, he is a real talent

mdrew
01-10-13, 05:22 PM
Another Gee on the way - Charlie Gee, (Sam gee's brother) was the stand out at an Under 14's challenge in North Queensland. Playing 5/8 he was the player of the carnival. He is obviously a way away but another to keep a look out for. Hopefully all of the young boys can keep grounded and work hard

mdrew
31-10-13, 08:49 AM
Broncos continue to be very active in GC area, seemingly snaring a young front rower who is eligible for CC next year. They are very good at identifying and getting who they are after.

TITAN PETE
31-10-13, 10:40 AM
Broncos continue to be very active in GC area, seemingly snaring a young front rower who is eligible for CC next year. They are very good at identifying and getting who they are after.

do u know who mate ?

isaiah
05-11-13, 04:08 AM
Maybe I spoke too soon Isiah. Bevan French is quoted in his local paper saying his preference is the Titans. We are his favourite team, interesting!he ended up signing for parra eels

mdrew
05-11-13, 07:40 PM
Congratulations to Sam Swift, Zac Young, Max Elliot and Braydon McMahon for their selection in the AIS squad to tour NZ leaving next week. Shane Wright another boy from PBC also in the side. Well done to all

mdrew
12-11-13, 07:06 PM
Max Elliot, Sam Swift and Brayden McMahon all played in the AIS 78-6 win against NZ West Coast U18's. Shem Vaoa and Aaron Booth also involved

mdrew
13-11-13, 08:40 AM
Van Harris a young backrower is currently in Europe with the Indeginous U16 squad

mdrew
13-11-13, 05:20 PM
McMahon, Elliott and Vaoa scored tries and Aaron Both kicked 5 goals and also captained the side

Max Elliot, Sam Swift and Brayden McMahon all played in the AIS 78-6 win against NZ West Coast U18's. Shem Vaoa and Aaron Booth also involved

mdrew
18-11-13, 09:26 AM
Sam Swift scored three first half tries in their 76-8 win in game 2 for the AIS New Zealand tour. Brayden McMahon and Max Elliott were also in the starting line-up

Hail Sezer
18-11-13, 12:10 PM
Sam Swift scored three first half tries in their 76-8 win in game 2 for the AIS New Zealand tour. Brayden McMahon and Max Elliott were also in the starting line-up

Good to hear.

Man, the teams that AIS are playing are not very good...they should be playing up in Auckland

mdrew
22-11-13, 10:20 PM
Sam Swift named player of the AIS tour. Well done to Sam and all players, all the best for the future. You have done yourselves and your families proud.

TITAN PETE
05-12-13, 04:46 PM
CC & MM selection trials tonight at Runaway Bay

1st game 5pm

mdrew
06-12-13, 09:03 PM
A couple of Titans contracted boys attending the NSW Country development seminars in Sydney, a good thing to prepare them for the future

mdrew
09-12-13, 11:07 AM
2014 MM and CC squads finalised, squads on GC junior rugby league website. A heap of titans contracted boys in all teams

mdrew
10-12-13, 08:22 AM
The announcement of the CC and MM squads, has brought a couple of serious points to light, being how poor the information from the Titans is about junior development and also how many local juniors have signed with other clubs.

Point One first, over the last couple of weeks, a number of Titans contracted juniors have represented Australia overseas, for example Van Harris, Sam Swift, Bayden McMahon, Sam Elliott etc, nothing from the Titans, yet other clubs like Penrith, did articles on their plays to keep the fan base up to date. The Titans have been very poor at this, and even with the "new" regime, the same old same old. Outside of people posting on this forum, we would not have a clue who is contracted, even then we do not have a complete picture.

That brings me to the second point, don't get me wrong, there are a number of very talented young Titans players in the squads such as Ethan Paikea, Sean Garner, Steve Dressler, Ben Newland, Duncan Harding, Emery Pere, Sam Swift, Keanu Dawson etc, it also highlights players like Brent Woolf (who Titan Pete has already mentioned), Keegan Hipgrave, Apiato Noema with the Broncos. We appear to be hopeless at making sure the best in our region play for us. Good luck to the Bronco's they know how to sign and keep juniors, as do the Roosters, have have made it an art form of signing top juniors, such as Eden Syme and also stealing Nene McDonald from us mid season. Do not get me started about the fact that we had Marion Seve in development squads when he was 13.

The frustrating part is that there is an amazing amount of talented players on the gold coast, there are far more than I could possibly mention and obviously they will not all make first grade, but give them some encouragement and let people know about them. It may encourage people to attend some junior games or even get to the ground earlier to watch the NYC (go Nathan Wilson etc). We have a vastly talented group at the U15 level in 2014, such as Konrad Edwards, Payne Haas, Dray ngatuere-Wroe, Ezra Tuitopu-Isaac etc, please don't waste the opportunity.

A lot of this obviously happened under the old development regime, and Annersley came in talking about a focus in the junior development area, but outside those words, nothing! Great appointment of Woolf as NYC coach and player development manager, but come on Titans, other clubs promote their juniors and give them some recognition, we stick our heads in the sand and do not even acknowledge them at all, maybe it is so people do not realise how poor we have been in this area.

Thanks to Titan Pete, Hail Sezer etc for keeping people up to date.

Rant over

TITAN PETE
10-12-13, 10:44 AM
Great post mate

lonegull
10-12-13, 11:26 AM
Mdrew what a great post, I for one take a lot of interest in our juniors and as I dont live anywhere near the GC if it wastn for this forum I wouldnt know of anything that may be happening in our juniors.
I did a quick search of other NRL clubs and its amazing on how far the titans are behind in regards to information on their juniors, a lot of the other clubs have soem really great write ups and information on who is representing etc etc, but the titans well what can I say our website still has last years players profiles.
No word what so ever on our NYC except that we have a new coach. Surely its not hard to give the fans a bit of information.

Once again I would like to thank Mdrew, Titan Pete and Hail Sezer for keeping us up to date with our juniors.

Titanic
10-12-13, 03:01 PM
Totally concur with the sentiments above ... what I don't get is that there are so many who would voluntarily contribute to providing such articles and up-dating information just to be a part of the club ... what is wrong with our guys that they can't engage the community?

mdrew
16-12-13, 10:03 PM
Great article on the Titans web site about them bringing in 31 14-15 year olds and their parents to work with the top squad, great work Titans great to see the effort being put in. Thanks for the information Titans! Please have a look at the article.

K2G
17-12-13, 01:29 AM
Great initiative. Some intelligent forward thinking by the Titans here. Love to see more of this type of investment in the youth by the club.

Here's an excerpt from a recent courier mail article [see the ASADA thread for full article]

"While some issues in the future are beyond Cartwright's control, yesterday he commenced a program with juniors aged 14 and 15 to take ownership of the club's next generation of stars.

The two-day elite player development camp was aimed at introducing kids to the life of professional football and Cartwright hopes it helps the club find their next young star.

"I don't think any kids at any NRL club will get the opportunity to experience what those 35 or 40 kids experienced then. We're very determined to get these kids in, develop them and turn out first graders," he said.

"This is just a new direction. It's a hard thing to get approval for funds because you don't see an immediate return on those funds.

"But this is a long term approach where we want to set up the best system for kids in the NRL. Today was the first step in heading towards that."

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Like many, I really think we can/should be doing a much better job of nurturing and providing pathways for our young local talent. These types of opportunities not only help to improve our image amongst the community, but will hopefully spread those seeds of loyalty and passion for the GCTitans amongst our expanding young supporter base.

Also, to Mdrew, Hail Sezer and Titan Pete, you blokes do an amazing job keeping us all updated on our juniors when possible, and I'm really thankful for it. Wish the person(s) responsible for updating the titans website cared even almost as much as you guys. :salute:

TITAN PETE
17-12-13, 10:27 AM
Titans host juniors for development camp
Adam Gardini
Monday 16 December 2013 6:02 PM

iSelect Gold Coast Titans Head Coach John Cartwright and the entire Titans playing squad today handed out some coaching tips to the next generation of talented teenagers on the opening day of the club’s Elite Player Development camp.

The iSelect Titans are hosting a two-day camp for 31 juniors aged from 14-15 which includes skills sessions, strength and fitness testing, video analysis sessions, recovery sessions as well as education, career development and welfare presentations from current Titans NRL players.

The Titans have invited junior players from the Gold Coast, Northern NSW and as far north as Cairns to attend the camp, which will see them exposed to all the different facets of what it takes to become an NRL player in preparation for a potential pathway to the NRL.

The camp kicked off this morning at Titans HQ with an introduction presentation with all players and their parents before the youngsters were treated to a skills session under the watchful eye of Cartwright, Assistant Coaches Neil Henry and Trevor Gillmeister along with the entire Titans NRL squad.

The Titans Elite Player Development Camp schedule is listed below:

MONDAY, DECEMBER 16
8am - Player & parent arrival and introduction with Titans NRL coaching staff
9am - Parent Talk with Titans welfare staff
9–11am - Basic skills session with Titans Junior Development staff
11–11:30am - Individual Skill session with Titans NRL coaching staff
12–12:45pm - Lunch
1–1:30pm - Education talk with Titans NRL players & welfare staff
2–3:30pm - Game play session Titans Junior Development staff
3:30– 4pm: Recovery session at Titans HQ

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 17
8:30-10am - Strength & Conditioning testing/technique with Titans NRL coaching staff
10-11am - Beep test and speed test with Titans NRL coaching staff
11–12pm - Welfare Talk with Titans NRL players & welfare staf
12–12:45pm - Lunch
1–1:30pm - Video Session with Titans NRL coaching staff
1:45-3:15pm - Skills session with Titans NRL coaching staff
3:15–3:30pm - Recovery session at Titans HQ
3:30-4pm - Closing and farewell

TITAN PETE
17-12-13, 10:27 AM
Nice to see management taking part in our future

mdrew
22-12-13, 10:13 AM
Good to see we are casting our net far and wide, a few more boys at the U16 level include Jack Evans (front row), Zack Farrell from the Toowoomba region and Kyran Heron from Maclean in Northern NSW.

mdrew
25-12-13, 05:00 PM
Another name to remember for the future is Daniel Brownbill, who is a rangy backrow/centre from Springwood. Brendan was one of the young men who attended the recent camp and can be seen in the video.

Dorrigo80
26-12-13, 02:04 PM
Another name to remember for the future is Daniel Brownbill, who is a rangy backrow/centre from Springwood. Brendan was one of the young men who attended the recent camp and can be seen in the video.
Mdrew can't say I have heard of Daniel does he play in the BJRL comps and what do you know about him as far as the way he plays etc.

mdrew
26-12-13, 03:37 PM
Yes played U15's in the BJRL and was named in the U15 Stingers side who played their annual game against the Bronco's U15 side recently.

QUOTE=Dorrigo80;334748]Mdrew can't say I have heard of Daniel does he play in the BJRL comps and what do you know about him as far as the way he plays etc.[/QUOTE]

Dorrigo80
27-12-13, 06:55 PM
Good to see Titans looking in the Greater Brisbane Area as well as the Gold Coast Region.

mdrew
28-12-13, 08:11 AM
Agreed, while obviously the GC region is critical, it is a positive to see some information leaking out about boys from other area's. There seems to be a key focus at present on the Cairns area. That and the deal with the Toowoomba region as well as Group One and the Port Macquarie area can only help the clubs performances at all levels over the coming years. Thanks for making a comment Dorringo80, the more people that talk about and promote Junior Development that better.

Good to see Titans looking in the Greater Brisbane Area as well as the Gold Coast Region.

Split59
28-12-13, 02:38 PM
Daniel Brownbill was named man of the match in the annual one of match against the Brisbane Broncos.

mdrew
04-01-14, 12:54 PM
A young player from the Armidale area to keep an eye on in the future is John-Boy Quinlan, a talented outside back

mdrew
09-01-14, 09:02 PM
Have a look at the Broncos NYC squad, absolutely pathetic Titans pathetic

TITAN PETE
10-01-14, 09:13 AM

Very surprised to see Jai Arrow there, very good young player :(

TITAN PETE
10-01-14, 09:15 AM
Very surprised to see Jai Arrow there, very good young player :(

What am i saying nothing surprises me anymore with this management ..

mdrew
10-01-14, 09:25 AM
Yeh mate you and me both, watch Sam Gee develop too

What am i saying nothing surprises me anymore with this management ..

mdrew
10-01-14, 09:14 PM
It is only going to get worse next year with Hipgrave, Roberts, Noema etc also with the Bronco's. Oh well at least the people on the forum support the team no matter what!

mdrew
17-01-14, 08:22 AM
Good article about the work being done in Toowoomba by the Titans

http://www.thechronicle.com.au/news/toowoomba-rugby-league-clydesdales-gold-coast/2140325/

TITAN PETE
17-01-14, 08:58 AM
Thats a good story & using Chalky will be great for the young fella's as Luke is a top bloke he can help keep their feet on the ground about the ups & downs of the game as he knows all about those..

mdrew
19-01-14, 12:37 PM
A couple of young kiwi boys here from the Hawkes Bay area good to see the titans looking far and wide

lonegull
19-01-14, 01:01 PM
A couple of young kiwi boys here from the Hawkes Bay area good to see the titans looking far and wide

Great news always good to cast the net far and wide hopefully snag an up and comer from the warriors ranks

mdrew
25-01-14, 09:37 PM
Titans seem to have a heavy focus on NZ at the moment, including from the Canterbury area. Some big boys from NZ have moved to the Coast as a result of the Titans developing links in NZ.

Hail Sezer
04-02-14, 02:54 PM
http://m.titans.com.au/news-display/Country-boys-become-Titans-for-a-day/89888

mdrew
07-02-14, 10:53 PM
Good luck to the junior development squads who play at Toowomba tomorrow

mdrew
10-02-14, 07:04 PM
We have a couple of solid half prospects in our junior development squads including Brodie Hannon and Kobe Whalen. Both good young players.

mdrew
13-02-14, 10:26 PM
Kenny Kennedy is a good young fullback to keep an eye on as well

mdrew
18-02-14, 08:10 AM
Titans U14, U15 and U17 development squads play at redlands this saturday, I will let you know how they go

papi07
18-02-14, 10:15 AM
Combo of both squads in Cyril Connell and Mal Meninga headed to Toowoomba this weekend. I'm guessing it may be some of the fringe players getting a hit out.

mdrew
18-02-14, 05:04 PM
2012 story on a young NZ boy who is currently with the U17 development squad - Doven Koroheke

http://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times/sport/school-sport/7222804/Young-gun-likes-to-get-physical

mdrew
19-02-14, 11:52 AM
Both the U14 and U15 development squads won in Toowoomba a week or so ago, this weekend they play older Redland Bay squads, the Titan's U14's play a combined U14 and U15 squad, the U15's play a combined U16 and U17 squad and the titans U17 development squad plays the Redland Bay U18 Nev Blair squad. Even though they are playing boys a year older I have no doubt that the U17 boys will be hugh compared to Redlands, the predicted hot weather will test everybodies fitness.

mdrew
22-02-14, 06:09 PM
U14's won 46-0, U15's 28-10 and U17's 62-0

mdrew
22-02-14, 07:24 PM
Some exceptional performances from some of the young boys which I will detail over the coming days, but the toughest young guy on display today must be Broadie Hannon, who played hooker for the U15's he is only small but he was constantly throwing his body in front of guys literally twice his size. David Butler, front row, U14's was one of a number of talented young guys also

mdrew
24-02-14, 08:38 AM
Some impressive performances by the junior development squads on Saturday, against older opposition.

In the U14 win 46-0, a number of forwards stood out, including front row pair David Butler and Phransis Suia-Siaosi and aggressive second rowere Izaya Iti, these three constantly hit hard, both in attack and defence, including one hit when both Butler and Siaosi hit an opponent in a perfect tackle. Others forwards such as Zac McCormack and young Champion were also very good. In the backs centre Blake Roberts was extremely good defensively, inluding a copy book around the legs tackling technique, another to show flashes of ability was centre Billy Mozer, he was not involved a great deal, and only played the last five minutes of the second half, but scored a run away try and showed some good reads in defense, another stand out was Will Evans, he started off at 5/8 and also played on the wing.

The U15 side won 28-10 against players two or three years older, this game was difficult to get a read on as it was very stop start with an unbelievable amount of penalties against the titans, including a sin binning of a titans player for seemingly tackling too hard!! Kenny Kennedy at fullback was heavily involved as was hooker Brodie Hannon , second row Noah Lolesio was very good, even shedding some blood for the team. The stand out for me was Kaleb Rongonui in the second row, he did not start the game, actually he arrived late, was was supurb when he came on, with some great hard hitting defense and really lifted the team. I was impressed when I saw him play in 2013, but he was even better on Saturday, one for the future to be sure.

The U17 squad played the Redland Nev Blair U18 side coached by Darren Smith, and it was no contest from the start, with the titans winning 62-0. The big titans forwards were very good, lead by Doryaan Hape Apiata (front row). He is one of the young boys who have come over from the Hawkes Bay area of NZ, country mate Tray Nicholson was also very good, playing out of position at centre. Once these boys get fitter, they will continue to improve. The U17 forward pack was bigger than our NYC pack. A couple of backs, also stood out, including fullback Lewis Huckstep, who is hopefully over his knee problems and centre Tekapo Tuaine who showed flashes of real ability. For me, even though the forwards dominated the halves Jake Gleeson and Alex Fitxhugh were the stand outs, they played extremely well.

Across the three squads that played I have only mentioned a couple, others stood out as well. Unfortunately nothing from the titans on these squads and it is unlikely that anything will be put on the official site about there great performances. Congratulations to all of the boys and their families for their hard work and effort, showing great sportsmanship and skills.

On reflection though, I had to stop and think, over the years, I have been so impressed by the talented young players at the titans, both in terms of their skills and being decent young men, you have to pause however and consider that we have finished last twice and second last twice in the last four years of NYC, the question that needs to be considered is what within the titans set up is not enabling these young guys to progress to the NYC side and then on to first grade. Yes we have had a number (James, Ridge etc) and also not all are going to make it but something seems to need to be addressed.

I firmly believe that the group of young players currently with the titans, including the CC and MM players have the chance to contribute to the success of the club, but will they. Obviously there is a new regime at the titans and it would be unfair to judge Woolf and the new staff, but please titans, get more people involved who know what they are doing and are wanting to help.

This forum is the sole place on the internet that you will get any information on the junior sides, whether that be on the development squads or the players in the CC/MM squads. Without this forum, no-one would know who these boys are, and they deserve acknowledgement for what they have and continue to achieve, regardless of where the careers take them. I will continue to support the titans, but I implore the titans to help themselves. It is ironic that my first post was talking about the opportunities in relation to junior developemnt and so is this … post. We have a golden opportunity with the young players at the titans to help them become better footballers and great young men, the titans can not waste it. Even a look at the 9's squads last week, seeing Nene McDonald, Moses My'bye etc, shows that we have missed opportunities in the past, lets hope that we have learnt some lessons.

DIEHARD
24-02-14, 08:58 AM
This forum is the sole place on the internet that you will get any information on the junior sides, whether that be on the development squads or the players in the CC/MM squads. Without this forum, no-one would know who these boys are, and they deserve acknowledgement for what they have and continue to achieve, regardless of where the careers take them. I will continue to support the titans, but I implore the titans to help themselves. It is ironic that my first post was talking about the opportunities in relation to junior developemnt and so is this … post. We have a golden opportunity with the young players at the titans to help them become better footballers and great young men, the titans can not waste it. Even a look at the 9's squads last week, seeing Nene McDonald, Moses My'bye etc, shows that we have missed opportunities in the past, lets hope that we have learnt some lessons.

Keep up the great work. This is a very popular thread with over 7,630 views. It's valuable work and I hope we can focus on it alot more in 2014.

DIEHARD
24-02-14, 08:59 AM
You are correct when you say there needs to be more official promotion. A dedicated person who has a schedule to publish X amount of articles, videos and photos per week on the topic.

Mexican titan
24-02-14, 09:00 AM
mdrew - if possible can you please post the times and venues of the CC and MM Cup games when they are on the Coast. I have occasionally watched these games when they have played them at Runaway Bay but almost found out by accident that they were playing there. Cheers mate.

papi07
24-02-14, 11:02 AM
mdrew - if possible can you please post the times and venues of the CC and MM Cup games when they are on the Coast. I have occasionally watched these games when they have played them at Runaway Bay but almost found out by accident that they were playing there. Cheers mate.

Here is draw for CC and MM

http://www.qrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=89938

Hail Sezer
24-02-14, 11:06 AM
Brilliant post up there mdrew. Such an asset to this forum

DIEHARD
24-02-14, 07:41 PM
Join our team and write for QRL.com.au
QRL Media

The QRL is expanding its coverage of rugby league in Queensland across its digital platforms. Our vision is to fully represent our participation base with a particular emphasis on grassroots rugby league. But for this to happen, we need to develop a dynamic team of QRL Correspondents who share a passion for The Greatest Game of All. This team of volunteers will work closely with the QRL Communications department in a mutually beneficial partnership.

Positions available

QRL correspondents are required for:

• Each Senior League
• Each Junior League
• Each Women’s League

Opportunities also exist for QRL Correspondents to cover Major Competitions

• Intrust Super Cup
• FOGS Cup
• FOGS Colts
• Cyril Connell Cup
• Mal Meninga Cup

QRL team writers
How it works & writing styles

Consistency is the big focus. The QRL Communications team will work with you to set a deadline for submitted copy. Our aim is to publish your work at a set time each week. However, we can be flexible to suit your needs. There is no specific word count but our preference is for an article to be between 250 and 700 words (max). The submission of photos is encouraged, but is not a stringent requirement.

Your articles will be published on QRL.com.au along with your name and official title. All articles will need to be emailed to the Communications team for editing and uploading. No writing experience is necessary, but good grammar is desired. You could be a budding journalist, or simply someone who loves the game and wants to be part of a dynamic team.

For QRL Correspondents covering a Senior or Junior League:

Ideally, we would like each QRL.com.au volunteer reporter to provide an informative review of the weekend’s round. You could watch a game and write a match report, detail the other results and list the upcoming weekend’s fixtures. You may want to produce your work in a ‘shorts column’, or an ‘around the grounds brief’.

You can also email coaches/club representatives to gather additional information from other games for your weekly report.

But you don’t have to stick to match reports. You could get reaction and comments from the coaches and players, or help promote upcoming club or competition events.

You could write a feature story on a player or administrator who has reached a significant milestone. Remember to look outside the square as there could be a fantastic story right under your nose. Most importantly, have fun with your writing and learn as you go.

For QRL Correspondents covering Major Competitions:

More information on these positions will be provided upon request.

What successful applications get in return?

• Integral part of the QRL network with your name and title published on the new QRL website and other digital platforms. ie Vince Habermann – QRL Bundaberg correspondent:

• Exposure and professional development from working closely with the QRL Communications team, who have years of experience.

• Two tickets to the third State of Origin match at Suncorp Stadium. (please note this excludes travel and accommodation). The Origin ticket reward is for correspondents who stick with us and consistently meet the deadlines throughout the year.

• Lunch and drinks inside QRL Headquarters at Suncorp Stadium on Origin game day.

• Official QRL shirt and game day pass giving you access to grounds

• Canterbury Clothing voucher

Please contact Michael Hillier to apply. Michael Hillier: Media Manager – m.hillier@qrl.com.au (07) 3367 6000

http://www.qrl.com.au/

mdrew
25-02-14, 08:11 AM
The Titans look like they are expanding their presence in NZ, with involvement in a Whangarei sports academy at the North tec institution

Hail Sezer
25-02-14, 08:15 AM
The Titans look like they are expanding their presence in NZ, with involvement in a Whangarei sports academy at the North tec institution

They're getting close to warriors recruitment territory now, interesting

mdrew
06-03-14, 12:17 PM
Its been fun

TITAN PETE
07-03-14, 09:57 AM
Its been fun

You are not leaving us are you ?

mdrew
15-03-14, 10:38 PM
the person who started who started this thread is such a loser!

mdrew
16-03-14, 12:34 AM
Mdrew pathetic dumb idiot loser alert ignore him he knows nothing better still ban him

TITAN PETE
16-03-14, 10:08 AM
WTF :surprise:

teke
16-03-14, 12:37 PM
:laugh:

He's been hacked or cartys coaching has cracked him

mdrew
16-03-14, 03:40 PM
Mdrew is a pathetic dumb loser who really is a waste of oxygen, who knows nothing

K2G
16-03-14, 06:23 PM
if anyone has mdrew's real contact info. it's probably worth giving him a call to check he's ok..

mdrew
28-03-14, 11:32 PM
Front row Swansbrook Murray one for the future

mdrew
17-04-14, 08:59 PM
Hmm not hearing anything good about junior development, cowboys storm and bronco have signed some of our boys as usual very poor

Smakked
17-04-14, 10:44 PM
Hmm not hearing anything good about junior development, cowboys storm and bronco have signed some of our boys as usual very poor

Thats a load of BS if it is the case, who the **** is in charge of our young guys ?

mdrew
26-04-14, 12:24 AM
Hayden OHara is a young fullback who is the front runner fot the No1 jersey for QLD in U16 to keep an eye on.

TITAN PETE
26-04-14, 11:30 AM
Hayden OHara is a young fullback who is the front runner fot the No1 jersey for QLD in U16 to keep an eye on.

Who is he playing for ?

GC White Cyril Connell are playing in a semi final tomorrow at Townsville

Hail Sezer
26-04-14, 11:40 AM
Who is he playing for ?

GC White Cyril Connell are playing in a semi final tomorrow at Townsville

Plays for Easts Tigers I think

mdrew
26-04-14, 11:42 AM
Yeh Easts Tigers. Danial Brownbill is also in the tigers side, good work by our scouts. Both should make Qld u16 side

TITAN PETE
26-04-14, 11:49 AM
Do you rate Kallum Mackay any chance of making Qld ?

mdrew
26-04-14, 12:00 PM
He has played very well this season, certainly the couple of games I saw. Hopefully for your club the redbacks, he has impressed the selectors Titan Pete

TITAN PETE
26-04-14, 12:28 PM
He has played very well this season, certainly the couple of games I saw. Hopefully for your club the redbacks, he has impressed the selectors Titan Pete

No there has been huge changes within the GCJRL , Kallums dad in Graham has taken over the coaching roll at Runaway Bay so obviously his son has moved there with him but the biggest change that has happened is after the new season draw came out for the Under 16's it was decided that there would only be one division so there could be no stacking of div 2 teams.

There was a meeting held between all Junior clubs fielding teams because about 6 clubs said they would Forfeit every game against Mudgee,Burleigh & Nerang because they would never be able to compete against them so there was a suggestion thrown up that as those 3 clubs have 2 teams in the age group that the talent & Cyril Connell players (we have 9, Burleigh 8)be split evenly between the 2 teams so there was a vote taken & every club with the exception Mudgee,Burleigh & Nerang voted that to happen , the GCJRL gave us 2 options of split the teams evenly or play in the under 17 comp, our players were not keen on playing the higher age so us & Nerang have split our players while Burleigh whose players weren't given a choice have gone to the 17's , should make for a far better comp but it's a shame that the Redbacks most successful Team in the Clubs history has been torn apart through being so successful

DavidBouveng
26-04-14, 06:41 PM
There was a legendary winger / fullback playing for mudgee red backs in their inaugural year of 1992.

the limelight wasn't for him, so now he just roots around on titans forums as DB. Did make a come back aged 27 for one year in 2007 or so ( the year before they changed to he storm).... Glory days

Lion65
02-05-14, 07:04 AM
Not sure both are with Titans though.

mdrew
04-05-14, 04:06 PM
South Coast finished 2nd in the QLd U15's carnival. A few Titans boys in both the Qld Maroon and White sides to contest the Australian championships

Hail Sezer
08-05-14, 12:01 PM
RLW Mole also reporting that Christian Hazard's younger brother is the highest rate junior since Luke Brooks and that a lot of NRL clubs are lining up for him.

Surely we will be in the hunt.

isaiah
14-05-14, 08:29 PM
this is the best forum to say this, i believe:
the nrl side was beaten last weekend by a team with 4 or 5 players in their first season of top grade plus a 19yo in his second season. why in every season of the club's short history, hasn't carty ever trusted his recruitment team enough to blood some new talent like that this early in the season? is the recruitment so incompetent or does carty not have eyes for the future. either way, someone has to go. a club cannot have a viable future on the field by buying other teams cast-offs all the time.
i still cannot believe the club could not convince bevan french to sign for this year. i heard he had a look at the facilities. he is related to presto and wanted to play here. but instead parra won him. he played well in patches in their sg ball side and has an incredibly bright future. as i said at the time on a forum here, it was a no brainer, offer him, even at 17, a contract equal to a fringe nrl player. invest in the future with some of your current cap and his signing could convince other young talent to consider joining him.

mdrew
15-05-14, 08:24 PM
Congratulations to the Junior Titans players who have made the U13 and U13 Kookaburra's squad, a couple of young boys, who are Titans contracted boys from Logan and Wests Panthers are also in the Pontseas squads. Please Titans management get these boys the acknowledgement they deserve

lonegull
15-05-14, 09:51 PM
Hopefully we see some of the boys comes through the ranks over the next few years thanks for the update mdrew

mdrew
22-05-14, 04:56 PM
Congratulations to South Coast winning 22-16 against Met East in the 1st game of the U18 QSSRL comp

mdrew
23-05-14, 04:49 PM
44 - 20 for South Coast against Sunshine Coast, they are into the semi's. Some Titans linked boys also in the Presidents and South West sides, they are not faring so well though. Congratulations to all boys from all teams

mdrew
24-05-14, 01:55 PM
South Coast score first and lead 4-0 against Met North in the U18 QSSRL semi final

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry Sam Ross the try scorer

- - - Updated - - -

12-o with Waters scoring

- - - Updated - - -

12-o with Waters scoring

mdrew
24-05-14, 02:13 PM
22-r near half time

mdrew
24-05-14, 02:42 PM
30 - 6 after Daymeric Pelo scores, great stuff South Coast

mdrew
25-05-14, 12:46 PM
South Coast down 26-10 in the Final just after half time

mdrew
25-05-14, 01:47 PM
Bad luck to South Coast losing to Northern in the final

lonegull
25-05-14, 01:51 PM
Any Titan boys in the marroons squad mdrew

mdrew
25-05-14, 01:54 PM
I have not got the side yet, I will post as soon as I get it Lonegull

lonegull
25-05-14, 01:55 PM
Cheers mate fingers crossed for the titans boys

mdrew
25-05-14, 03:23 PM
Quite a few GC boys in the Qld side such as Brayden McMahon, Keenan Palasia, Keegan Hipgrace, Jordan Scott, Ethan Roberts, JJ Felese, a few Titans and Broncos and of course Wests Tigers. Congratulations to all

- - - Updated - - -

Good to see Sam Swift and Bret Stratton scoring for Burleigh Colts, both still eligible for U18, good stuff guys

Titanic
25-05-14, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the update MD.

TITAN PETE
26-05-14, 10:39 AM
Quite a few GC boys in the Qld side such as Brayden McMahon, Keenan Palasia, Keegan Hipgrace, Jordan Scott, Ethan Roberts, JJ Felese, a few Titans and Broncos and of course Wests Tigers. Congratulations to all

- - - Updated - - -

Good to see Sam Swift and Bret Stratton scoring for Burleigh Colts, both still eligible for U18, good stuff guys

What a top game of Footy that was yesterday
Swifty has talent to burn & should go on & win the Mat Rogers Medal this Friday at Carty's long lunch

Bayside Titan
27-05-14, 04:56 PM
Just wondering what schools the Titans are linked to for Junior Developement? Ie the Broncos have ties to St Brendan's in Yeppoon and Tigers to Keebra Park ??

mdrew
27-05-14, 08:37 PM
Coombabah and PBC are the two main schools on the coast, they also pay the fees for some boys to attend the The Southport School. A few other schools around where they assist include Benora Point and St John's College Woodlawn. The Titans are also trying to establish some ties with Toowoomba and NZ schools.

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck to the Titans boys playing in the QLD v NSW U16 game tomorrow night, very disappointing that there is no article on the Titans website. A real shame that these boys are representing their families and state and not one article for them, come on Titans, I will write junior articles for you if you want Titans!

TITAN PETE
27-05-14, 08:49 PM
We do have Players contracted that also go to Keebra.

Mdrew I will ask the club if they will take up your offer

lonegull
27-05-14, 08:57 PM
Great idea Pete, hopefully someone listens and gets some content out there for the fans

Bayside Titan
27-05-14, 10:01 PM
Thanks everyone. I had no idea. Hope they establish a good link in Toowoomba.

Also agree that Mdrew should write for the Titans as a juniors rep.

TITAN PETE
30-05-14, 05:33 PM
What a top game of Footy that was yesterday
Swifty has talent to burn & should go on & win the Mat Rogers Medal this Friday at Carty's long lunch

& the winner of the 2014 Matt Rogers Medal is....... Sam Swift ::salute:

mdrew
30-05-14, 05:36 PM
Well deserved, congratulations Sam

mdrew
02-06-14, 08:03 PM
Not one Titans contracted player in the Qld U18 side, yet NINE Bronco's! Not sure who I am more angry at, Titans management for the pathetic job we are doing with junior development or the people who select the sides

Hail Sezer
02-06-14, 08:05 PM
Not one Titans contracted player in the Qld U18 side, yet NINE Bronco's! Not sure who I am more angry at, Titans management for the pathetic job we are doing with junior development or the people who select the sides

Absolutely ridiculous selections from QLD u18 coaches

We have players capable of making that team with ease. Makes no sense.

mdrew
02-06-14, 08:15 PM
If I was Jennan or Sam I would be a little disappointed that's for sure

lonegull
02-06-14, 08:16 PM
I thought Keegan hipgrave was in the titans system has him listed as a Bronco

Hail Sezer
02-06-14, 08:28 PM
If I was Jennan or Sam I would be a little disappointed that's for sure

Jenan is more than a little disappointed. Really feel for him.

Hail Sezer
03-06-14, 08:03 PM
Mdrew, I see Lachlan Rowe is playing for Tweed this week.

He decided to come back up to qld from Parra?

mdrew
03-06-14, 08:36 PM
Did not realise mate, I will see what I can find out, a good young player

Shadow
04-06-14, 04:19 PM

Well said M Drew . As a long time follower of this forum I thought it time to contribute : I have observed a lot of our Titans and Gold Coast Juniors for a number of years . It appears that the Titans development structure is either inept or arrogant when it comes to developing our young Players . The Gold Coast is blessed with a plethora of talent which often goes unrecognised in its own backyard. Its no suprise to me that we lose a good number of talented Juniors to other clubs who have the where with all to develop , promote and nuture their talent.

Our 20s structure does not seem to have a succession plan in place. I often hear from talented young players in the 18 to 19 year age group that communication is non existent on their pathway to the 20s and that current selections are a lucky dip. I have watched all of the NYC games and also the Colts feeder teams so far this season and I too have to admit that some of the selections and retentions are puzzling.

If we continue on the current path I can see a lot of our current talented Juniors being snapped up by other clubs.I cannott for the life of me understand why this continues to happen at the Titans. I think that the appointment of an inexperienced NYC Coach was a huge mistake. I am Told that his appointment was mainly to Tap into the keebra park HS System to retain some of their players . Unfortunately this has not happened and I am told that their links with the West Tigers are still very strong . In the meantime our NYC side is at the bottom of the ladder and a lot of our promising Junior players are being demotivated by the current system.

To have a successful Junior development programme we have to have the right people in the right places . We need talented Junior development officers and coaches who can recognise and promote the great talent here on the Gold Coast ( And there is plenty ).

I guess this post will not be taken seriously by the Titans but I thought I would contribute to this forum as I enjoy most of the posts . It appears to me that most of the contributers are informed and up to date with the current crop of Junior Titans.