PDA

View Full Version : Junior Development

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

Hail Sezer
04-06-14, 03:40 PM
Good post above

Ellery Tusa has signed with our u20s. Hes from the storm and was qld u18 centre last year

mdrew
04-06-14, 04:14 PM
Brilliant post Shadow, I think however Woolf has done a good job based on what he has had to work with.

lonegull
04-06-14, 05:03 PM
Great post shadow, and I can guarantee not many people would disagree with your thoughts, they have been echoed on this forum for some time

Bayside Titan
04-06-14, 05:03 PM
Well said M Drew . As a long time follower of this forum I thought it time to contribute : I have observed a lot of our Titans and Gold Coast Juniors for a number of years . It appears that the Titans development structure is either inept or arrogant when it comes to developing our young Players . The Gold Coast is blessed with a plethora of talent which often goes unrecognised in its own backyard. Its no suprise to me that we lose a good number of talented Juniors to other clubs who have the where with all to develop , promote and nuture their talent.

Our 20s structure does not seem to have a succession plan in place. I often hear from talented young players in the 18 to 19 year age group that communication is non existent on their pathway to the 20s and that current selections are a lucky dip. I have watched all of the NYC games and also the Colts feeder teams so far this season and I too have to admit that some of the selections and retentions are puzzling.

If we continue on the current path I can see a lot of our current talented Juniors being snapped up by other clubs.I cannott for the life of me understand why this continues to happen at the Titans. I think that the appointment of an inexperienced NYC Coach was a huge mistake. I am Told that his appointment was mainly to Tap into the keebra park HS System to retain some of their players . Unfortunately this has not happened and I am told that their links with the West Tigers are still very strong . In the meantime our NYC side is at the bottom of the ladder and a lot of our promising Junior players are being demotivated by the current system.

To have a successful Junior development programme we have to have the right people in the right places . We need talented Junior development officers and coaches who can recognise and promote the great talent here on the Gold Coast ( And there is plenty ).

I guess this post will not be taken seriously by the Titans but I thought I would contribute to this forum as I enjoy most of the posts . It appears to me that most of the contributers are informed and up to date with the current crop of Junior Titans.

Welcome and great post mate.

Titanic
04-06-14, 05:57 PM
The unholy trinity ... our administration, our senior coaching and our junior development ... welcome to our nightmare Shadow.

TitanBear
05-06-14, 08:07 AM
Yes, a good post Shadow, one good thing about this forum is that you can give your opinion freely. I also agree with MDrew that although at first I was not a supporter of Woolf, I think he is working very very hard as all the coaching staff and in fact the 20s Team in last few weeks has performed very well and has been unlucky to lose games against teams eg Broncos (3rd) Warriers (7) Souths and beat a very good West Tigers outfit and were outstanding in round 7 against a full strength Penrithss (Watene & Cartwright) There defencen and attitude in not giving up is outstanding and is a young team with many having 1st year in 20s - I am of firm opinion that Woolf has a lot to work with with players like Coleman, Sharpe, Wilson, Morehu, Fletcher, Kelly, Jenin-Parish, Swift, Schwass, Fafita & Clarke (back from Injury) Oshea and there are many good players coming through in the Colts & GC A grade. This Team is continually improving and I have seen this in home and many away games I have been too. I know everyone has an opinion and always wants things better, but in a real world we just want to be postive and support. Go Titans. I personally get sick of the always negative posts, but thats my opinion only

neranga
05-06-14, 08:51 AM
Well after being in the USA for 12 weeks its good to be home to watch Rugby League!!The results havent gone our way in the 1st 10 or so rounds but after watching the Broncos and Warriors games I think this side has alot of potential with the playing group they have!!Woolfey is doing the best he can with a group of boys that were picked before he even signed so overall he can only do so much,I talked to 1 of the staff after the Warriors games and the Group as a whole are working there butts off but the bounce of the ball with injurys,errors and some 50/50 calls are going against them.The experienced boys from what I have seen have to really stand up and take control because most of them are in the most important positions in the TEAM,the likes of Parahi,Anthony Coleman,Oshae,Fletcher,Harrison and Sharpe were really impressive in the games I saw.Like Titan Bear said GO TITANS!!!

Titanic
05-06-14, 09:15 AM
any positive news very welcome and I for one value your opinions ... cynic I may be but equally a Titans tragic.

Shadow
05-06-14, 03:50 PM
Yes, a good post Shadow, one good thing about this forum is that you can give your opinion freely. I also agree with MDrew that although at first I was not a supporter of Woolf, I think he is working very very hard as all the coaching staff and in fact the 20s Team in last few weeks has performed very well and has been unlucky to lose games against teams eg Broncos (3rd) Warriers (7) Souths and beat a very good West Tigers outfit and were outstanding in round 7 against a full strength Penrithss (Watene & Cartwright) There defencen and attitude in not giving up is outstanding and is a young team with many having 1st year in 20s - I am of firm opinion that Woolf has a lot to work with with players like Coleman, Sharpe, Wilson, Morehu, Fletcher, Kelly, Jenin-Parish, Swift, Schwass, Fafita & Clarke (back from Injury) Oshea and there are many good players coming through in the Colts & GC A grade. This Team is continually improving and I have seen this in home and many away games I have been too. I know everyone has an opinion and always wants things better, but in a real world we just want to be postive and support. Go Titans. I personally get sick of the always negative posts, but thats my opinion only

Titan Bear I did not mean my post to be negative it is just my opinion that the titans could be doing things better in the Junior development area. I am a staunch Titans supporter and feel that with the talent we have we should be a consistent top 8 team in the 20s. I have no doubt that Woolf is doing everything he can to achieve results and concede that it would be a difficult job . In conclusion I sincerely hope that our results improve in the second half of the season and we see our Juniors achieve and sustain a winning culture which will make our Junior system attractive to others and stop the procession up the M1 and South.

mdrew
07-06-14, 09:23 AM
Good luck to the Titans contracted boys who are playing in the NSW Country championships this weekend for the East Coast Dolphins and the Greater Northern Tigers. The likes of John Boy Quinlan, Dan Johnson, Mitch Lennon etc. Hope you enjoy the weekend and play to the best of your ability

mdrew
07-06-14, 01:08 PM
Congratulations to the East Coast Dolphins and Greater Northern Tigers U18's for opening day wins, with the East Coast Dolphins U16's also winning, Greater Northern Tigers U16's still to play. East Coast Dolphins coves Groups 18, One and Two, with the Greater Northern Tigers covering Groups four, nineteen and twenty one. A few Titans across the sides.

mdrew
08-06-14, 12:34 PM
Greater Northern Tigers beat the East Coast Dolphins in both U16 and U18's today.

mdrew
09-06-14, 09:38 AM
Greater Northern Tigers in the CRL U18 and U16 final today. All the best to all the boys. NSW Country sides to be named this afternoon, fingers crossed for the Titans boys

lonegull
09-06-14, 09:42 AM
Thanks once again for the updates mdrew much appreciated

mdrew
11-06-14, 07:42 PM
Good to see Keanu Dawson getting a run for Burleigh Colts, not bad for a young second rower still eligible for U17 football this year. A good young talent.

mdrew
20-06-14, 02:04 PM
Congratulations to Sam Swift for making the Qld Maroons U18 side that will play a NSW Country side. Just recognition for a talented young player

mdrew
22-06-14, 07:04 AM
Congratulations to the Greater Northern U16 and U18 sides for winning the CRL championships yesterday, Country U16 and U18 sides named, well done to all. I will wait for the Titans to congratulate the Titans boys

mdrew
26-06-14, 02:04 PM
Qld White and Qld Maroons will play in the U15's final tomorrow, a few Titans in each team, good luck to both teams.

mdrew
27-06-14, 02:45 PM
Great article on the official site about juniors, good work Titans, Payne Haas is a real talent.

http://www.titans.com.au/news/2014/06/27/plan_to_keep_talent_on_coast.html

Hail Sezer
27-06-14, 09:07 PM
Great article on the official site about juniors, good work Titans, Payne Haas is a real talent.

http://www.titans.com.au/news/2014/06/27/plan_to_keep_talent_on_coast.html

http://wa1.www.titans.com.au/content/titans/club/news/2014/06/27/plan_to_keep_talent_on_coast/_jcr_content/par/image.img.jpg/1403840412237.jpg

Here is the article for those interested:

Confirmation that some of the best young talent from Gold Coast and surrounding areas have been recruited into the Titans’ new pathway program was evident when Payne Haas was today selected in the Australian under-15s merit team.

Payne was one of four players in the Titans development system who played in the final of the tournament, won by Queensland Maroons 34-6 against Queensland Whites, showing what depth of talent there is in the state.

The others were Kees Nicholson and Lorenzo Leapai (Maroon) and Luke Mastroianni (White).

The Titans are determined to keep as many Gold Coast juniors as they can on the Coast and give them an NRL opportunity in the face of ongoing interest in the area’s best players by other NRL clubs.

Also among those who are benefitting from elite coaching and personal development as part of the new six-stage program are three members of the Queensland under-16 side that played the curtain-raiser to State of Origin I at Suncorp Stadium, a member of the NSW under-16s side, four from the under-15 Queensland Schoolboys squad, two from the under-18 Queensland Schoolboys and one from the NSW Combined Catholic Colleges under-15 team.

Heading the list is Haas, a Nerang junior attending Keebra Park high who was approached by several NRL clubs after being the stand-out player of the Queensland under-15s carnival recently.

The massively built 15-year-old has elected to stay in the Titans system, in a real coup for the club.

Among other promising players in the program include recent representative selections such as Queensland under-16s Kobe Tararo (Logan), Vito Sula-Siaosi (Runaway Bay), Ethan Paikea (Mudgeeraba); NSW under-16s representative Jai Whitbread (Tweed Heads); under-15 schoolboys Haas, Kees Nicholson (Keebra Park), Luke Mastroianni (Runaway Bay, Coombahah HS) and Lorenzo Leapai (Logan); NSW Combined Catholic Colleges rep Max Bryant (Cudgen) and recently selected Queensland under-18 schools selections Jordan Scott (Runaway Bay, Keebra Park) and Braydon McMahon (Southport, Keebra Park) who were both part of the Keebra Park side that won last year’s GIO Schoolboys Cup.

“We have refined out structures and processes to focus on quality of coaching and development rather than quantity with small elite groups of players from the northern end of the coast, the southern end and a third in northern NSW,” said Titans elite player development unit manager Jamie McCormack.

“It’s all about focusing on smaller groups of maximum 20 players and offering the highest quality coaching with a lot of one of one work, all monitored directly by our coaching and development people at the Titans.

“What we want to achieve is that the best players from Grafton through to the top of the Gold Coast and the Logan area see that the Titans can offer as good a development pathway to the NRL than any other club and there is no need to leave to achieve their dreams.

“It’s still a big target area for other NRL clubs, some of who have big money to splash around, but our aim is to not lose anyone for reasons to do with football and personal development.”

The program involves six stages of development from assisting junior league representative sides with athletic and skills testing and education, to the Titans junior development squads for 13-14 year olds, attendance at an annual under-14s camp; the junior academy for 15-16 year olds, progress to the senior academy for 17-18 year olds; then to the Titans under-20s squad.

The squads in each of the three areas have several sessions a year where focus is on strength and conditioning, skills and also diet and lifestyle.

“It’s about a more personal relationship and attachment with the players and their families and giving the young players every assistance and opportunity to progress in rugby league, hopefully with the Titans,” McCormack said.

“We’ve had a tremendous response while still in our early stages and I think the quality of players who are in the system and committed themselves to the club is vindication that we are on the right path.”

mdrew
30-06-14, 02:46 PM
Plenty of Titans scholarships players will be competing in the 2014 QRL State Junior Championships this week in Cairns. The likes of Will Evans, D’Andre Waterreus, Stanley Jackson, Jovahn Tearoiti and Nelson Grove in the U13’s, Billy Mozer, Daejarn Asi, David Butler, Phransis Sula-Siaosi, Lizaya Iti, Blake Campbell and Jordan Champion at the U14’s and Daniel Brownbill and Jack Evans in the U16’s will be involved. Obviously there are others as well. Plenty of talent coming through, we just need to help them develop and keep them.

Bayside Titan
30-06-14, 03:21 PM
Plenty of Titans scholarships players will be competing in the 2014 QRL State Junior Championships this week in Cairns. The likes of Will Evans, D’Andre Waterreus, Stanley Jackson, Jovahn Tearoiti and Nelson Grove in the U13’s, Billy Mozer, Daejarn Asi, David Butler, Phransis Sula-Siaosi, Lizaya Iti, Blake Campbell and Jordan Champion at the U14’s and Daniel Brownbill and Jack Evans in the U16’s will be involved. Obviously there are others as well. Plenty of talent coming through, we just need to help them develop and keep them.

Thanks for the update Mdrew.

You said one sentence that the current Titans Football department do not do " Help them develop and keep them"

mdrew
09-07-14, 04:01 PM
Congratulations to Danial Brownbill for making the U16 Qld Maroons side

- - - Updated - - -

In the QLD U11 championships the South Coast side have won four from four with a for and against of 108 to 6, sign them all up Lol

TITAN PETE
09-07-14, 09:35 PM
Congratulations to Danial Brownbill for making the U16 Qld Maroons side

- - - Updated - - -

In the QLD U11 championships the South Coast side have won four from four with a for and against of 108 to 6, sign them all up Lol

Especially Joseph Nelson :thumbsup:

mdrew
12-07-14, 07:06 PM
No Titans in the 2014 Aust schoolboys side, but congratulations to GC local Keegan Hipgrave. Keegan is with the Broncos but is a real classy young man. All the best

mdrew
13-07-14, 08:48 AM
Good to see the Titans looking at boys from other parts of QLD, Lui Lockington is a very talented outside back from the Cairns area. He played for Northern Pride in CC this year

mdrew
19-07-14, 02:30 PM
If you get a chance watch Nene McDonald run around for the Roosters and wonder what it would have been like watching him run around in a Titans jersey. We let him go a few seasons ago, he is going to be a srat. Hopefully with a revised junior set up and the ongoing review, things like this will not happen as often. Onwards and upwards with our junior development

Titanic
20-07-14, 12:30 PM
McDonald was a terrible loss … I don't know how the PNG community let him go … yes I do, they also have had enough of the Titans.

mdrew
23-07-14, 04:34 PM
Brayden McMahon playing hooker for Tweed Colts this week, a talented young Keebra boy. Should be a good game with plenty of Titans boys in the Burleigh v Tweed colts game

Hail Sezer
23-07-14, 04:40 PM
Brayden McMahon playing hooker for Tweed Colts this week, a talented young Keebra boy. Should be a good game with plenty of Titans boys in the Burleigh v Tweed colts game

Looking forward to this one.

http://s30.postimg.org/4qdk2xo35/Screen_Shot_2014_07_23_at_7_37_03_pm.png

- - - Updated - - -

Titans contracted players are:

Burleigh: Jayden Connors, Sam Grant, Daniel Schwass, Josh Berkers, Hayden Schwass, Sam Swift

Tweed: Macauley Dawson, Ellery Tusa, Nathan Wilson, Nathan Portelli, Brayden McMahon, Ethan Price, Jackson Briskey-Luscombe, Rory Humphreys, Matt Applebee, Junior Masters, Perry Ioane

TITAN PETE
23-07-14, 05:13 PM
This should be a great game I'm heading down to watch Hayden Schwass do some more Head Butting this week & Swifty cause a bit if havoc off the bench :thumbsup:

charged2go
23-07-14, 06:30 PM
Brett Stratton #16 burleigh is also a titans contracted player who trained pre season up until the christmas break, and then went back to his respective mal maninga team.

charged2go
23-07-14, 10:48 PM
Brett Stratton is also training with the full time NYC squad at the moment

TITAN PETE
25-07-14, 05:50 AM
Just like to wish Hayden Schwass a Happy 19th Birthday today , he's a top Bloke & Great Footy Player :thumbsup:

Oh & you too Dan (the birthday part anyway) :drinkies:

lonegull
01-08-14, 02:29 PM
http://www.armidaleexpress.com.au/story/2456968/inverell-schoolboys-dominate-challenge-shield/?cs=12

A link to show titans in the armidale region

mdrew
10-08-14, 04:41 PM
Some very impressive performances at Logan Brothers some impressive football being played ,with the U15 Div 1 game between Logan and Waterford a tough skilful game. Young front rower Iti played well U14 Wests Panthers against Logan Brothers. Well done.

mdrew
12-08-14, 05:53 PM
PBC into GIO Qld final against Wavell. Daymeric Pelo two tries. Well Done PBC

lonegull
12-08-14, 07:03 PM
PBC into GIO Qld final against Wavell. Daymeric Pelo two tries. Well Done PBC

Any titans boys play mdrew

mdrew
12-08-14, 07:33 PM
A fair few mate, the Pelo boys, young wing Sam Ross, Jerome Veve (who made his Qcup Colts debut for Seagulls recently) and a few more. Sold result against a good Kirwan side. It will be tough against Wavell next week.

TITAN PETE
12-08-14, 08:58 PM
A fair few mate, the Pelo boys, young wing Sam Ross, Jerome Veve (who made his Qcup Colts debut for Seagulls recently) and a few more. Sold result against a good Kirwan side. It will be tough against Wavell next week.

Jed Cartwright ?

mdrew
13-08-14, 06:03 AM
Yes Jed played

Jed Cartwright ?

K2G
16-08-14, 09:41 PM
Heartbreak and hope for Caleb Williams, the teen touted as a baby Greg Inglis (http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/heartbreak-and-hope-for-caleb-williams-the-teen-touted-as-a-baby-greg-inglis/story-e6freuy9-1227026627099)

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2014/08/16/1227026/625835-7bb0a550-24f6-11e4-9470-02da78966387.jpg

LONG before he was touted the next Greg Inglis, and signed for $12,000 by the Titans, Caleb Williams found perspective.

As he tucks into a chicken schnitzel, so shy he barely makes eye contact, the 15-year-old is oblivious to the fact he is one of the most inspirational stories in Australian sport.

Holes in his school shoes, the Aboriginal sporting phenom is proof money does not buy athletic success. And that the worst of tragedies can spawn the ultimate triumph.

”I don’t remember anything about mum,” says Williams, who shunned interest from several NRL clubs last month to sign with the Titans.

“She died on my birthday.

“So now I don't celebrate my birthday ... it’s pretty hard to feel happy on the day you lost your mum.”

Williams was three when his mum, Petisha, tragically passed away at Byron Bay near his hometown Yamba on the far north-coast of NSW.

He says “people told me what happened”, but he doesn’t ask questions.

Instead, he clutches onto faint memories of his mum, like photographs he keeps to this day.

Quickly, he changes subject.

“Actually, I went and saw my dad for the first time last year,” Williams says.

“He lives in a small place near Broken Hill. I've never been close to him, I didn’t really know him.

“I didn’t know how to feel when I saw him. It felt good to meet my dad, I guess, but it was all a bit weird.

“I didn’t know what to call him to be honest, so I called him ‘Steve’ the whole time I was there.”

You ask how a teenager who grew up without his parents is now the success story he is today.

A happy-go-lucky budding NRL star who has scored 14 tries in four games for the Burleigh under-16s, prompting local judges to rate him the best indigenous talent since Inglis.

A polite student who, a fortnight ago, ran 11.01 sec in the 100m, breaking a 50-year record at his school Palm Beach Currumbin High on the Gold Coast.

For the record, Williams was just “blowing out the cobwebs”.

His personal best over 100m is 10.83 sec ... all this before his 16th birthday.

“I owe a lot to two people, my Nan and my aunty Di, who is mum's sister,” Williams says.

“I grew up in a Christian way. I don’t feel I missed out on anything.

“My aunty is a huge support. She’s done everything for me, if I had to go away for athletics and football, she would cover the payments, she would do fundraisers to pay for stuff.

“My older brother Rob rings me and says, ‘Mum is looking over you’.

“To be honest, I don’t like hearing it because I get emotional.”

Take one look at Williams and every sinew of his frame screams NRL prodigy.

Already he stands 183cm and tips the scales at 84kg.

He has the wiry yet imposing indigenous frame of a young Inglis and, scarily, just like the Maroons maestro, there is room for growth.

Williams’ manager, Kim Ingebrigtsen, spotted the youngster playing for Lower Clarence on NSW far north-coast last year.

He scored four tries, came off for a rest and, with his side facing defeat, returned to score a fifth to seal victory.

Such is Williams’ talent, St George Illawarra scouts turned up to his aunty’s home in a limousine offering an NRL scholarship.

The Titans’ two-year deal enables Williams to stay close to home, but the teenager isn’t getting complacent.

His older brother is evidence of how quickly dreams can crash and burn.

“Rob was a great athlete, but he went downhill with footy when mum died. He turned to the drink,” Williams says.

“Losing mum hurt my brother a lot more because he was older. He remembers it well. Even though it was my mum, I was too young to feel the pain.

“A lot of people say I’m a young Greg Inglis. I don’t know about that, but I appreciate people saying it.

“I love the way Greg runs the ball, he’s just a machine, he’s unstoppable.

“I met him last year at a touch football carnival in Yamba and he stopped to talk to me. Greg is a real role model for me.”

Asked to nominate his State of Origin allegiance, Williams chuckles.

“I’m born in NSW but I go for Queensland, my whole family goes for Queensland,” he said.

“I’ve played most of my league in NSW so (under the eligibility rules), I qualify for the Blues.

“I’d prefer to play for Queensland but if I had to play for NSW, I would.”

Williams’ relative, Dallas Waters, says his rise to the Titans’ junior ranks is testament to his determination.

“There’s no denying Caleb has had a hard road leading to where he is now,” he said.

“We all take things for granted in life. We expect our mum and dad to be around but Caleb has never had that.

“He’s a super athlete. He’s done things in athletics without any formal coaching and potentially he can go a long way in the NRL if he dedicates himself.

“Most of all he has turned into a nice young man. Channelling his talents into sport has given him some purpose and focus in life.”

But Williams isn’t satisfied yet. With his mum’s words driving into his soul, his sporting journey has only just begun.

“I’ve achieved a few things but I don’t skite about myself,” he said.

“It would have been easy for me to go off the rails, but my mother told my brother when he was eight he was good enough to play NRL, but it didn’t happen.

“I’m going to try and do what he couldn’t do. That’s my motivation.

“Every time I’m down, I just think of what mum said ... it gets me going again.”

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2014/08/16/1227026/625887-7a014570-24f6-11e4-9470-02da78966387.jpg

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2014/08/16/1227026/626639-80e7797c-24f6-11e4-9470-02da78966387.jpg

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2014/08/16/1227026/626671-7d3015c8-24f6-11e4-9470-02da78966387.jpg

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2014/08/16/1227026/627073-77c84240-24f6-11e4-9470-02da78966387.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone know anything about this kid? Bloody exciting to read about...

Hail Sezer
17-08-14, 07:15 AM
That was a really good read. Can anyone elaborate on this lad? What position does he play?

mdrew
17-08-14, 09:17 AM
Fullback/centre

That was a really good read. Can anyone elaborate on this lad? What position does he play?

Bayside Titan
17-08-14, 10:15 AM
Great read. This is the stuff that I love reading.

Anyone see him first hand playing ?

mdrew
19-08-14, 04:08 PM
PBC leading with a few minutes to go in GIO CUp quarter final against Hills Sport High.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry had problems getting a signal PBC won 27-20. Wavell won as well

TITAN PETE
19-08-14, 07:48 PM
PBC leading with a few minutes to go in GIO CUp quarter final against Hills Sport High.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry had problems getting a signal PBC won 27-20. Wavell won as well

That's a great win by PBC, hopefully they can go all the way

Titanic
19-08-14, 09:27 PM
yes, all the way to the Titans

mdrew
20-08-14, 04:39 PM
Good story about some of the boys from the Armidale region. Phillip and his older brother John Boy Quinlan are very talented. Good stuff Titans.

http://www.titans.com.au/news/2014/08/20/nrl_insight_for_armidale_group.html

mdrew
24-08-14, 07:36 AM
Story on a young bloke from Grafton who will trialling with us in the upcoming trials, he is a talented front rower, fingers crossed we get the deal down.

http://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/news/mcdonogh-on-nrl-radars-after-debut-first-grade-yea/2361320/

TITAN PETE
24-08-14, 09:37 AM
He looks very promising lets hope he signs here , nice find mate

Titanic
26-08-14, 10:16 AM
A posting from LU but seems to hit the spot:

Not to mention the best juniors from the Gold Coast seem to be at other clubs.

Lloyd Perrett is at the Dogs, Brendan Elliot is at the Roosters, Nene Macdonald is from North Qld, but was contracted to the Titans at one point. Jaelen Feeney is playing great in the U20s and he's at Newcastle, the Dogs before that. Jai Arrow is with the Broncos. The best non-NYC teenage prop in Qld, possibly Australia, Keegan Hipgrave is from the Coast, attends PBC and is contracted to Brisbane. The best schoolboy player in Australia last year, Marion Seve, was on a scholarship with the Titans at one stage, now he's at the Tigers. They let Hymel Hunt walk last year and they had Luke Keary playing for Burleigh in 2011 and didn't sign him.
Who can add to the list?

Bayside Titan
26-08-14, 10:33 AM

Who can add to the list?

Man that reads badly. Extremely embarrasing really.

Hail Sezer
26-08-14, 10:43 AM

Who can add to the list?

Jack Goodsell from Roosters. Half of Tigers u20s team. Apiata Noema (sp.?) is with the Broncos as well.

That guy has pretty much covered the majority of them.

Nick
26-08-14, 11:12 AM
I would like to add Sam Johnson from our 20s last year to that list, I must say I didn't ever notice him in the 20s but he is killing it now back in union and will be a regular in the reds next year

mdrew
26-08-14, 06:23 PM
Between us we could come up with plenty more, but to be honest I am very happy with the progress of our juniors this season, from Brian Kelly, Anthony Coleman, Jennan Parrish, Zac Spring etc in NYC, Swifty, the Pelo boys, Braydon McMahon in U18's and four boys in the QLD/NSW U16 match. Throw in the dominate performance of Payne Haas at the Australian U15 championships, he was hands down the best forward at the carnival, things from my perspective are looking up. Fingers crossed we keep moving in the right direction. We have some real talent at the U13 and U14 level at Coombabah.

mdrew
23-09-14, 06:52 AM
CC and MM squads for 2015 are to be named this afternoon, good luck to all who tried out.

mdrew
23-09-14, 12:38 PM
Cyril Connell

Thomas Berkers

Callum Boomer

Max Bryant

Bodhi Burt

Reece Butler

Bailey Carthouser

Stormie Collier

Lachlan Cooper

Bayley Desmond

Max Dowd

Konrad Edwards

Jacob Fairbank

Harry Fitzhugh

Josh Fryer

E'shea Gafa

Charlie Gee

Carey Gerrard

Kiarn Gerrard

Conrad Green

Carter Grove

Payne Haas

Brock Hamill

Ben Hamlet

Max Hielscher

Reuben Ioane

Noah Lolesio

Jake Long

Kyle Marchant

Luke Mastroianni

Kyle Middleton

Jeremy Miller

Teimana Mohi

Jack Molloy

Kees Nicholson

Jaxson Paulo

Ihaka Pihere

Calib Pirini

Blake Redenback

Jaman Rio

Matt Robinson

Liam Roby

Chase Russ

Gabriel Salvo

Ignatius Sefo

Lochlyn Sheldon

Arron Shelford

Todd Somers

Lazeryth Su'a

Brenton Sumner

Jordan Taylor

Pou Te Tai

Benjamin Thomas

Xavier Toia

Taine Tuaupiki

Ezra Tuitapa-Isaac

Joshua Vuta

MM Squad

Zac Akehurst

Kaleb Anthony

Zac Beecher

Hayden Berlin

Jordan Birch

AJ Brimson

Harry Burling

Sheaziah Compain

Emerson Conroy

Bailey Court

Tyrone Davis-Roberts

Keanu Dawson

Dechlan Day

Sam Elliot

Jack Evans

Alex Fitzhugh

Baylee Gerrard

Jake Gleeson

Tane Gordan

Doryaan Hape - Apiata

Brandon Hardke

Justice Heke

Huston Holloway

Lewis Huckstep

Aden Kapi

Kyle Kennedy

Nathan Ko'cass

Rory Lillis

Te McDonald

Ephraim Morgan

Malachi Morgan

Shaw Needham

Denzal Ngati

Tray Nicholson

Briton Nikora

Paul Noble

Apiato Noema - Matenga

Jovarn Nofoagatotoa

Ethan Paikea

Jayden Parker

Jack Peacock

Emery Pere

Thomas Plater

Nathan Prostrama

Josh Ralph

Ethan Roberts

Sam Ross

Jesse Savage

Vito Sula-Siaosi

Lorenzo Tepania-Cassidy

Jerome Veve

Jai Whitbread

Caleb Williams

Waylon Wood

Brent Woolf

Riley Yates

- - - Updated - - -

lonegull
23-09-14, 12:55 PM
Mdrew, many thanks once again for the updates and team lists, any surprises in the squads?

mdrew
23-09-14, 02:14 PM
Not really, two interesting players in MM are Kaleb Anthony and Hayden Berlin.

Mdrew, many thanks once again for the updates and team lists, any surprises in the squads?

Hail Sezer
23-09-14, 03:10 PM
Mdrew which of the MM players are most likely to br smokies to play NYC next year?

mdrew
23-09-14, 04:59 PM
mate Jerome Veve is probably the main one for me, but others include Jesse Savage and a young giant frontrower Doryaan Hape - Apiata

Mdrew which of the MM players are most likely to br smokies to play NYC next year?

lonegull
23-09-14, 05:32 PM
Are any of the NZ boys in the teams? Haven't heard much about the partnership across the ditch

mdrew
23-09-14, 06:04 PM
Yeh mate a few of the NZ boys are in the MM squad, if/when others come over late this year/early next we will see what happens. The NZ boys include Doryaan, Tray Nicholson and Jay Nofoagatotoa, Paora Noble etc

Are any of the NZ boys in the teams? Haven't heard much about the partnership across the ditch

lonegull
23-09-14, 06:31 PM
Thanks Mdrew, was worried we lost the partnership that was established last year

Hail Sezer
27-09-14, 10:55 AM
Just realised Caleb Williams was named in MM (U18) despite being only 15. Is this a big deal? It seems a big deal haha. For those who don't remember he was the one who had the article on him being touted as the next G.I.

mdrew
27-09-14, 02:50 PM
Titans U13 Development Squad beat a Marsden side 32-20, Will Evans was outstanding at fullback, DeAndre Watterues was also good on the wing and Johern Tearioti and Tuki Seiuli were good in the front row, early in the second half our U14 squad were down to the Samoan Qld U14 squad, who were massive. Backrowers Blake Campbell and Jordan Campion were trying hard and Billy Mozer scored a superb try in the corner, unfortunately had to go thus missing the U16 and U18 squads. Saw Burleigh warm up before their grand final too.

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck to Gordie Brand who got belted with what looked like a shoulder charge, hope you are well

mdrew
28-09-14, 05:41 AM
U14's came back to win 34-24 and U16's won 44-0

mdrew
28-09-14, 07:42 AM
A Couple of other boys to do well included U13 hooker Oliver Singh, including a great conversion from the side line and alos from the U13's Juwan Compain scored a good solo try. For the 14's forwards Ryan Steidman and Logan Hebbard tried hard. Dea Jarn Asi at 5/8 and Ethan Kane at half also tried hard. Aplogies apparently the U14's drew 34 all, apologies for my error in an earlier post

lonegull
05-10-14, 03:09 PM
Just realised Caleb Williams was named in MM (U18) despite being only 15. Is this a big deal? It seems a big deal haha. For those who don't remember he was the one who had the article on him being touted as the next G.I.

Just watching the Koori knockout and Caleb is playing for minda, I can assure all the forum members this kid is something special can run a great line and has that natural instinct gee he impressed me

mdrew
16-10-14, 07:53 AM
U17 Gold Coast Development Squad named, a few Titans including Solomon Mafi etc

http://goldcoastjuniorrugbyleague.com.au/index.php?id=16&tx_ttnews%5Byear%5D=2014&tx_ttnews%5Bmonth%5D=10&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=524&cHash=56b3b59830626160900665672b884580

TITAN PETE
16-10-14, 10:35 AM
U17 Gold Coast Development Squad named, a few Titans including Solomon Mafi etc

http://goldcoastjuniorrugbyleague.com.au/index.php?id=16&tx_ttnews%5Byear%5D=2014&tx_ttnews%5Bmonth%5D=10&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=524&cHash=56b3b59830626160900665672b884580

Keep an eye on Sammy Clarke mate , he made a massive improvement playing CC when late in the comp he was moved from wing into the back row before suffering a bad ankle injury & then returning to the Redbacks where he finished the season at 2nd row & picking up man of the match in the GF , i nicknamed him Beaver & if u see him play u will know why, tackles everything & runs like a Gazelle :thumbsup:

Soloman is a very good player , i still see a couple of players that are still getting selected from long ago reputations & surnames... :rolleyes:

mdrew
17-10-14, 08:59 AM
Bit of a story about Jamie Mathiou in the Courier Mail this morning, noting that the Roosters were keen to keep him and that he had delivered them some very talented players, such as Dylan Napa etc, good job by the Titans to get him. On the negative side is a story noting that the Broncos have done a deal with Souths Logan, that is a massive junior development area, where we have a bit of a foot hold, hope we do not get pushed out. Bronco’s now have six feeder clubs heck!

kioli
17-10-14, 10:03 AM
Bit of a story about Jamie Mathiou in the Courier Mail this morning, noting that the Roosters were keen to keep him and that he had delivered them some very talented players, such as Dylan Napa etc, good job by the Titans to get him. On the negative side is a story noting that the Broncos have done a deal with Souths Logan, that is a massive junior development area, where we have a bit of a foot hold, hope we do not get pushed out. Bronco’s now have six feeder clubs heck!

Read the article about that, nuts for the Raiders not to link with them in 2015. Has to be more to the story.

mdrew
23-10-14, 06:02 PM
Good to see the Titans running some junior clinics etc in Manuwatu in NZ from 7 - 9 November. Well done Titans

Hail Sezer
23-10-14, 06:25 PM
Good to see the Titans running some junior clinics etc in Manuwatu in NZ from 7 - 9 November. Well done Titans

My home province. Great to see!

mdrew
14-11-14, 05:49 PM
http://www.titans.com.au/news/2014/11/14/titans_spread_word_in_nz.html

Link to the official site about the clinics in NZ, Hail Sezers old stomping ground. Some very talented boys, and I mean VERY talented, played in the trials held last Sunday. I will leave the names out but hopefully we see some come over to paly for our NYC side etc.

mdrew
08-12-14, 01:03 PM
MM and CC squads finalised.

http://goldcoastjuniorrugbyleague.com.au/index.php?id=16&tx_ttnews%5Byear%5D=2014&tx_ttnews%5Bmonth%5D=12&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=527&cHash=fdc0e9ab7871bae01d503eb35d1aeba3

Hail Sezer
08-12-14, 08:38 PM
MM and CC squads finalised.

http://goldcoastjuniorrugbyleague.com.au/index.php?id=16&tx_ttnews%5Byear%5D=2014&tx_ttnews%5Bmonth%5D=12&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=527&cHash=fdc0e9ab7871bae01d503eb35d1aeba3

Cheers mdrew! lots of names i recognise there.

lonegull
08-12-14, 08:56 PM
Mdrew any chance of a bit of a run down on players to watch out for.

mdrew
09-12-14, 07:47 AM
Mdrew any chance of a bit of a run down on players to watch out for.

No problem Lonegull,

In MM (I will focus on Titans boys), for me the ones to watch out for are Ethan Paikea (front row), Vito Sula-Siaosi (hooker/back row), Jai Whitbread (second row), Caleb Williams (centre), Jerome Veve (second row, I think he plays NYC at the end of the year), Sam Elliot (front row) and Jordan Birch (fullback/five eight). I am not including Keanu Dawson (second row) because I think that he will start the season in NYC, too good not to in my opinion. If Emery Pere (second row) is focussed, he is as good as there is in this age group, fingers crossed. If you are looking for a bit of a smokie, watch for Lewis Huckstep, who has blinding speed, now that his knee injuries are behind him and Doyraan Hape-Apiata, a giant young front rower who is settling on the coast after moving from NZ last year. Another interesting one is Tom Landers who has moved from the South West Region. Non Titans (for the moment, Titan Pete is a massive fan) a class act is Brent Woolf and you can throw in Ethan Roberts to.

In terms of CC, ones to keep an eye on include, Konrad Edwards (centre/lock, Aust U15 side), Payne Haas (front row, Aust U15 side, absolute talent, imagine a few years with hopefully Payne and Ethan book ending the Titans front row, I can dream!), Luke Mastroianni (hooker). Jaman Rio (half), Ezra Tuitapa-Isaac (front row), Ben Thomas (second row) and Harry Fitzhugh (five eight). Some smokies, people may not know about much, you can focus on Joshua Vatu (lock) and Jaxson Paulo (centre), both are exceptional players who will shine in this company, I am no expert, but I my opinion a lot of people will know their names by the end of the CC season. A smokie is Max Bryant from just across the border.

RenegadeGC
09-12-14, 08:21 AM
No problem Lonegull,

In MM (I will focus on Titans boys), for me the ones to watch out for are Ethan Paikea (front row), Vito Sula-Siaosi (hooker/back row), Jai Whitbread (second row), Caleb Williams (centre), Jerome Veve (second row, I think he plays NYC at the end of the year), Sam Elliot (front row) and Jordan Birch (fullback/five eight). I am not including Keanu Dawson (second row) because I think that he will start the season in NYC, too good not to in my opinion. If Emery Pere (second row) is focussed, he is as good as there is in this age group, fingers crossed. If you are looking for a bit of a smokie, watch for Lewis Huckstep, who has blinding speed, now that his knee injuries are behind him and Doyraan Hape-Apiata, a giant young front rower who is settling on the coast after moving from NZ last year. Another interesting one is Tom Landers who has moved from the South West Region. Non Titans (for the moment, Titan Pete is a massive fan) a class act is Brent Woolf and you can throw in Ethan Roberts to.

In terms of CC, ones to keep an eye on include, Konrad Edwards (centre/lock, Aust U15 side), Payne Haas (front row, Aust U15 side, absolute talent, imagine a few years with hopefully Payne and Ethan book ending the Titans front row, I can dream!), Luke Mastroianni (hooker). Jaman Rio (half), Ezra Tuitapa-Isaac (front row), Ben Thomas (second row) and Harry Fitzhugh (five eight). Some smokies, people may not know about much, you can focus on Joshua Vatu (lock) and Jaxson Paulo (centre), both are exceptional players who will shine in this company, I am no expert, but I my opinion a lot of people will know their names by the end of the CC season. A smokie is Max Bryant from just across the border.

Do you think Keanu will play NYC straight away??

Also how even are the squads for this years CC and MM?? Are they evenly split. I also noticed two new coaches for MM this year. While CC have kept on Mark Ross and Dean Allen

mdrew
09-12-14, 08:27 AM
Yes I think that Keanu has a real chance of playing NYC from the start. I think that CC teams a quite even, but to be honest I think that MM white is a little stronger.

Do you think Keanu will play NYC straight away??

Also how even are the squads for this years CC and MM?? Are they evenly split. I also noticed two new coaches for MM this year. While CC have kept on Mark Ross and Dean Allen

Titanic
09-12-14, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the update mdrew

lonegull
09-12-14, 11:08 AM
thanks once again Mdrew its great to find out about our future titans, seems to be a bit of talent spread across the squads.

Dan the titan
09-12-14, 10:25 PM
Thanks MDrew very good posts re our juniors. Re Keanu Dawson who do you think he will replace in 17 for NYC, as Coleman, Wilson, Wright, Clarke, Hughes, Hayden Schwass, Berkers, Swift will be vying to that backrow & lock position and not bad players, Dawson might have to wait his chance, your thoughtsYou are spot on Titan bear you can add Kelleher, Elliot, Maloney, Simione Fatefahi, Stratton and a kid outta Ipswich Ethan Page to the list as well. Keanu has time on his side and I can't see him playing any Nyc too be honest. The fight for the backrow spots is going to be good for the team.I got to watch a couple of training session's last week and liked what I saw. .

mdrew
10-12-14, 07:16 AM
No argument with the quality of the back row guys, good competition all round, you can also throw in a young NZ boy Hunkin, and as far as I am concerned James Iodice is best suited in the backrow. Regardless some good competition, we will see what happens with Keanu and the others. Smokies for me are Max Elliott I have seen him play over the last couple of years, and when him and Swifty were in the second row in CC together it was a scary situation for opposing teams, and Shane Wright who trained supurbly last off season until he got injured.

mdrew
10-12-14, 08:23 AM
Good forward pack Titanbear. I agree that Anthony Coleman is outstanding and hopefully makes his NRL debut in 2015. Deacon Fletcher is an interesting one as he can also play half which would open up the hooking spot for Jennan, who is a real talent. Dnaial Schwass for me is a 5/8. Nathan Watts for me would be there somewhere and for some punch off the bench Swifty and Daymeric Pelo would be interesting. No matter which way Woolf goes it is great to see the amount of competition we have. Saw a lot of Simione Fatefahi last year and this young man has some real talent as well. Moving away from the forwards for a second Ethan Page is a massive centre with some real talent. I will also be interested in where Brett Stratton plays, I think that he can make a real defensive impact in the centres. Looking forward to the trials to see how things shake out. A couple of MM boys will likely move up after their season finishes

RenegadeGC
11-12-14, 10:59 AM
MM Green squad look like they have a quality halves and hooked combination. Brimson, Woolf and Vito. Put them behind the pack of Veve, Whitbread, Pere, and Dawson. With strike power of Caleb Williams, Jordan Birch and Te McDonald (Broncos). MM Green may do fairly well thus year

mdrew
17-12-14, 04:10 PM
Congratulations to the likes of Keanu Dawson, Konrad Edwards, David Butler, Zac McCormack, Lizara Iti etc for being named in the various QAS 2015 squds well done. The over riding theme of the squads Bronco.s Broncos and more Broncos

mdrew
20-12-14, 08:28 AM
Another one to mark down for the future is Keebra fullback/wing Tyronne Roberts-Davis, who is in the MM squads for 2015, talented and speed to burn.

mdrew
23-12-14, 01:33 PM
For watches of MM cup, if you are watching Ipswich play keep an eye out for centre Liam Pakau, he is strong, powerful runner of the football with a lot of speed. One for the future for the Titans.

mdrew
23-12-14, 02:39 PM
looks like there is a renewed focus on the Ipswich area from the Titans, we have a number of junior contracted players in the CC and MM squads such as Liam Pakeu, Tommy Woolf, Carter Auld, Lance Manu etc. Add in the likes of Ethan Page in the NYC squad and it is good to see the Titans looking at surrounding areas

mdrew
24-12-14, 10:49 AM
Disappointing to see the likes of Keegan Hipgrave and Keenan Palasia in the Broncos NYC squad, hopefully the new regime though will help to stop the drain of local talent to other sides. On a positive note though it is good to see the progression of Keanu Dawson, Daymeric Pelo etc who have been with us since about the age of 13 come through the ranks to the NYC squad. Lets hope that 2015 is a positive year for the Titans junior development system.

RenegadeGC
24-12-14, 05:20 PM
Disappointing to see the likes of Keegan Hipgrave and Keenan Palasia in the Broncos NYC squad, hopefully the new regime though will help to stop the drain of local talent to other sides. On a positive note though it is good to see the progression of Keanu Dawson, Daymeric Pelo etc who have been with us since about the age of 13 come through the ranks to the NYC squad. Lets hope that 2015 is a positive year for the Titans junior development system.

Also another who has been training with Broncos NYC - Te McDonald, but was also named in one of the MM Squads for 2015

mdrew
27-12-14, 09:47 PM
You can add the name of front row/second row Tuki Seiuli in your notes as a young bloke to keep an eye on. A credit to himself and his family, all the best for the future, great to see the Titans focussing not just on footing balling ability but on the qualities of the young men as well.

mdrew
30-12-14, 06:21 PM
Ethan Kane is a young player who has played a few positions over the last year for various teams, including fullback for the U14 Group 18 rep side and half for the Titans U14 development squad when they played Samoa recently. Ethan is a talented runner of the football who seems to glide across the ground and is adept at putting runners into holes if the defence does not commit. I personally think that he ends up at fullback further down the track but experience across multiple positions in the backline will be a bonus. From a playing perspective think Darius Boyd, not saying he will play for Australia etc but I am trying to give an insight into the style of play.

I am trying to highlight to Titans supporters about the decent young men and talented footballers that are in the Titans junior ranks. If the mods and people are interested I will look to note a young player on a weekly basis. These young men have worked very hard to get where they are and their parents and family have sacrificed a lot of time and energy for these young men to be the best they can be on and off the field and thus they and their families in my opinion deserve acknowledgement.

Titanic
30-12-14, 07:00 PM
mdrew, do the Titans have a youth leadership program?

lonegull
30-12-14, 07:39 PM
Once again thanks Mdrew, great idea of highlighting young up and coming Titans I personally think it's great information and we get a bit of an insight into our junior ranks. Whilst on this I wish the Titans would do more in covering our junior and NYC with a few stories and information shared would be great, thank God we have people on the forum like Mdrew, Hail Sezer and Titan Pete who keep the forum members updated about our junior ranks.

mdrew
30-12-14, 08:00 PM
As far as I understand it is not an official program per say a number of the first grade squad make themselves available and actually go out of their way to assist. Greg Bird is one that in the past has made himself available. Also Woolf and Henry put themselves out there to assist

mdrew, do the Titans have a youth leadership program?

mdrew
02-01-15, 09:19 PM
Tuki Seiuli is a front row/second row from the Ormeau Shearers who played U13/U14 in 2014 and excelled including a stand out performance for the Titans development squad against Saoma. He flat out has no fear and charges into defensive lines with relish including running various different lines, including running on the inside shoulder, which is one of the most difficult routes to run. He has a good offload and can ball play before the line if necessary. Defensively he hits very hard and usually maintains discipline in the defensive line. For the type of power player he is, he gives away very few penalties. He represented the SEQ KOOKABURRAS in U13 this year and stood out. Also played a few games in U14 in 2014. Tuki is a talented player who plays in the style of Jesse Bromwith of the Melbourne Storm. I think that he plays a fair bit of front row in junior football but transitions to second row if he moves into MM/NYC. A talented and dedicated young man who can score a try or two. All the best for the future. Look out for him if you are watching Keebra games in 2015

RenegadeGC
04-01-15, 07:15 PM
Heard a rumour that a player who is in Mal Meninga squad has had his contract with Titans torn up. Don't want to say who until it's confirmed but he has been mentioned in a previous post.

Titanic
04-01-15, 10:26 PM
As far as I understand it is not an official program per say a number of the first grade squad make themselves available and actually go out of their way to assist. Greg Bird is one that in the past has made himself available. Also Woolf and Henry put themselves out there to assistThanks mate … I was thinking along the lines of identifying good young players and then the club organising a youth leadership development program in conjunction with something like Bond/Griffith/Rotary/Toastmasters, etc.

mdrew
09-01-15, 11:28 AM
Three boys from the GC and Northern Rivers region named in Manly NYC, interesting

mdrew
09-01-15, 11:41 AM
You can add another off to Cronulla NYC fingers crossed that things in our development system are tracking well

mdrew
09-01-15, 01:19 PM
An aspect of a junior development program in addition to obviously signing the best players is the presentation of that information, a good example is the Broncos and the Toowoomba region, yes the region that we have an association with. The vast majority of the stories coming out of Toowomba relate to the juniors signing with the Bronco's I.e Tristan Hope and Cory Paix amongst others, there are some others such as Tuite off to Canberra and Turnbull to the Eels. You can add the commentary in a televised GIO Cup game involving PBC, where the commentators noted the Broncos players, and yes there were plenty of them and not one of ours even though the likes of Daymeric Pelo were playing, we are losing the media war in a big way. I am not saying that we are not signing talented young players, but we are not highlighting them which leads to a perception that we lack a competent junior development program and that causes kids to sign with other clubs, such as the multiple boys joining the Wests Tigers from Keebra. As a club the Titans need to try to highlight these aspects because the people that try to provide details are getting fed up, or at least some are!

mdrew
12-01-15, 10:31 AM
Geordie Brand – He is a young front rower who will be eligible for U15’s in 2015. He has made numerous representative sides over the last couple of years and deservedly so and currently attends Keebra Park. He runs hard and straight and does not take a backward step, for example of the U14 development squad game against Samoa, he ran into the heart of the Samoan forward pack who were huge. Unfortunately he was injured in that game as a result of what appeared to be a shoulder charge. He will not wow onlookers with offloads or line breaks but will continue to work all day, both in attack and defense. In defense he covers inside well when balls are turned back inside on the fringe of the ruck.

From a style perspective think the Titans own Luke Douglas. Like all junior players, he is a ways off, but if hard work and dedication are a prerequisite for success, then Geordie Brand is well on his way.

mdrew
12-01-15, 01:11 PM
Quentin Vaaua – He is a fullback/half, who represented the U13 Kookaburra’s in 2014. He is an agile, speedy runner of the football who relies on his speed and elusiveness to make it difficult for larger opponents to line him up. When lining up at fullback he always makes himself available for offloads in the centre of the ruck. He plays in the Ipswich junior rugby league competition where he scored 17 tries and also kicked a number of goals. He also played a couple of games in the U14 IJRL competition and played well for the U13 Titans development squad in their post season game against Marsden, although he did not play fullback in that game due the presence of Will Evans. In defense, he will certainly not shirk contact when larger boys are running at him.

Form a style perspective think along the lines of Preston Campbell. Again I stress I am referring to a style of play, as it is unfair to compare talented youngsters to greats in terms of what their careers may look like.

mdrew
13-01-15, 08:47 AM
Isaac Lee – He is a tall rangy centre who represented NSW CCC U15 side in 2014 and was also named the Titans best back in the U15 development squads loss to Wests Tigers late last year. He currently attends St Johns College Woodlawn in Lismore as well as playing for Lismore Marist Brothers in the Group One junior rugby league competition. He is very quick and plays as a straight running centre who has the ability to set up his winger. Defensively he is solid as well. Will play U16’s in 2015 and hopefully can make a push for a NSW Country U16 spot.

He is the son of former Cronulla front rower Danny Lee and from a style perspective thing of someone like the Titans Anthony Don

mdrew
14-01-15, 07:58 AM
Oliver Singh – He is a nuggety half/hooker from the Gold Coast, and currently attends PBC where in 2014 he played in the Steve Renouf cup side, represented U13 Gold Coast Vikings and will be a member of the 2015 Gold Coast junior rugby league academy in 2015, while playing U14 club rugby league on the coast. He has played a bit of football in the halves but for me his long term future is at hooker (for what my opinion is worth) where he has very good distribution and seemingly an inate ability to know when to run out of dummy half. He is also a solid general play kicker as well as an extremely effective goal kicker.

From a style perspective, he reminds me of a Simon Woolford type of player.

mdrew
14-01-15, 08:28 AM
Nelson Grove – He is a backrower, although he has also played some junior football at 5/8, who is currently playing his club football at Burleigh, represented the U13 Kookaburra’s side in 2014 and attends PBC where he was involved in their 2014 Steve Renouf cup side, finishing top scorer I believe.. The one thing that stands out is regardless of how many times that you watch him play is the intensity and effort that he puts in to every moment that he is on the field, both in attack and defense. Speaking of defense he is a rare breed in that he has a very good low tackling technique and is an exceptional cover defender, in part because of the effort he puts in to track the ball across the field when opposition teams spread the ball wide. He is not the biggest young player you will ever see, but like is defense he is all effort in attack and will constantly run the ball into the heart of the opposition forward pack, but is very effective at running at the edges of the ruck.

It is impossible not to be impressed with the amount of work he does on the field at such a young age. A style comparison to former Qld backrower Dallas Johnson would be appropriate. Again I stress I am trying to give a comparison to the type of player not how the careers may pan out as that would be totally unfair to all.

mdrew
15-01-15, 07:56 AM
Blake Campbell – He is a backrower who will be playing U15’s in 2015. He was been with us for a couple of years now, and it probably one of the most talented backrowers in our junior development system and certainly in the region. He has represented the Vikings and Kookaburra’s on multiple occasions in the different age groups and will be part of the Gold Coast Rugby League Academy program in 2015. In short he is a wide running backrower with a very good turn of speed once he breaks through the line. He takes his share of runs in the middle of the ruck but he is impressive at running good lines on the fringes of the ruck and constantly picks the right holes to run into. He then has the speed to out pace any cover defense. His defense is certainly solid and should not be but is, over shadowed by his attack.

From a style perspective thing of a young Ben Creagh of the dragons, as a well rounded backrower with the ability to break the line by himself and then has the pace to finish things off.

mdrew
15-01-15, 08:26 AM
Dea Jarn Asi – He is a young back in our junior development system who has played fullback, five eight and even half. He played five eight when the U14 development squad played Samoa in late 2014, teaming well with Ethan Kane in the halves. He is a very elusive runner of the ball, which likely in part stems from also being a talented touch football player. He represented both the U14 Vikings and Kookaburras in 2014. He is a light stepping half who will take the line on at every opportunity and also has a decent passing game especially to the right hand side. He is not the biggest player but even when defending in the front line will tackle using his shoulder which assists when defending against larger forwards operating on the edge of the ruck. For me, and again my opinion means nothing, his future lies at fullback with the ability to sweep around the back of the ruck and also pop up in supporting in the middle of the ruck and use his footwork against big tiring forwards.

From a style perspective think the Bulldogs version of Ben Barba, not the Broncos one

mdrew
16-01-15, 06:56 AM
Jack Evans – He is another in a stable of backrowers that are in the Titans junior development system. He has not had the typical route that many young rugby league players have had. He grew up in Western Australia and only took up rugby league when his family moved to the Eastern Seaboard, and started making representative squads in Warwick, including the including the South West Queensland Mustangs junior representative sides. He is a bit of an all rounder in that he may not stand out in either attack or defense but does everything well. He played Cyril Connell Cup football in 2014 and has been named in the Mal Meninga Cup White squad for 2015. He also played for the Titans U16 development side when they beat Samoa 44-0 late last year.

From a style perspective think of someone like Alex Glenn of the Bronco’s. His young brother Will is also a very talented player and is also in our junior development system, he is a back line player though.

mdrew
16-01-15, 08:06 AM
Ben Thomas – He is another backrower and also a local gold coast product in our junior development system, who has been named in the Gold Coast White Cyril Connell Cup side for 2015. The backrower was named best forward when our U15 development squad played the Wests Tigers late last year. He is a big young man who runs hard and straight and has a bit of pace if he finds himself in any space, and defends with a vigor and a bit of aggression, regularly putting in big hits, but it is controlled and he rarely misses tackles.

From a style perspective think of a Gavin Cooper type of player.

- - - Updated - - -

Liam Pakau - He is an extremely talented young centre from Ipswich and is a player I first saw a couple of years ago and my opinion of him has not changed one bit, he is powerfully built young man who runs with pace and power. It would be unfair to categorise that his game is only built on pace and power though as he has a very good step and fend, he can also draw defenders in to give players outside him room. His defensive game is one built on intimidation. He represented U16 Maroons in 2014 and also played very well in the GPS rugby competition for his school.

From a style perspective think a young Steve Matai, he is an exceptionally talented young player, and one to watch if you get to see any Ipswich MM Cup games this year.

mdrew
16-01-15, 09:16 AM
Solomon Mafi – He is a talented young forward who can play either in the backrow or up in the front row, I think that he is best suited to the backrow however. He played CC cup in 2014 where he took out the Coaches award for the Gold Coast green CC side. He also represented the South East Queensland U16 side in the Qld junior championships and played in the Titans U16 developments squads match against Samoa. For the upcoming 2015 season he has been selected in the Gold Coast U17 development squad. He is a powerful runner of the football and averaged more than try per game in the gold coast U16 club competition as well as kicking a couple of goals. I am a little surprised that he did not make one of the U18 MM cup sides for 2015, but his time will come.

From a style perspective think of a Sika Manu type of player.

RenegadeGC
16-01-15, 11:27 AM
Solomon Mafi – He is a talented young forward who can play either in the backrow or up in the front row, I think that he is best suited to the backrow however. He played CC cup in 2014 where he took out the Coaches award for the Gold Coast green CC side. He also represented the South East Queensland U16 side in the Qld junior championships and played in the Titans U16 developments squads match against Samoa. For the upcoming 2015 season he has been selected in the Gold Coast U17 development squad. He is a powerful runner of the football and averaged more than try per game in the gold coast U16 club competition as well as kicking a couple of goals. I am a little surprised that he did not make one of the U18 MM cup sides for 2015, but his time will come.

From a style perspective think of a Sika Manu type of player.

Solomon is no longer playing league at this stage from what I know, have know doubt he should be in one of the MM sides but from what I've heard is that he is playing rugby.

mdrew
23-01-15, 10:05 PM
junior development WHAT

mdrew
24-01-15, 05:29 PM
&^%&^&()^&*(%^&^()^(&*^(&^&*(

mdrew
25-01-15, 10:48 AM
First CC and MM trials on the coast next week, all the best for all sides. Also a U15 side from the Waikato region of NZ coming to the coast for some games, apparently some very talented boys in that squad, fingers crossed Titans development staff are watching

TITAN PETE
25-01-15, 12:27 PM
Do you kno Who the Waikato boys playing mate , Titans development squad maybe

mdrew
25-01-15, 12:32 PM
Yes mate, they are also playing a game against Ormeau and one or two other club sides. I will pass on exact dates etc when I hear

Do you kno Who the Waikato boys playing mate , Titans development squad maybe

RenegadeGC
26-01-15, 02:18 PM
I hear this been a bit of a shake up in terms of junior contracted titan players. some have been let go, and the signing of some others from the local area.

K2G
26-01-15, 02:29 PM
I hear this been a bit of a shake up in terms of junior contracted titan players. some have been let go, and the signing of some others from the local area.

Any other info RGC? Reason for the shake-up? who some of the players signed / let go are?

RenegadeGC
26-01-15, 02:51 PM
Any other info RGC? Reason for the shake-up? who some of the players signed / let go are?

Not sure of players, Im guessing with the new recruitment boss coming in this year hes obviously clearing out the old regime (in terms of players) and bringing in some new.

RenegadeGC
26-01-15, 03:38 PM
heres a link to the open GC Cyril Connell White 2015 facebook page, few videos and pics of there training this morning. :)

https://www.facebook.com/GCWhiteCC2015

mdrew
26-01-15, 03:44 PM
With the new high performance co-ordinator there is an emphasis on quality over quantity thus the numbers are reducing, also less of a focus on 'name' players and more on skill level

Not sure of players, Im guessing with the new recruitment boss coming in this year hes obviously clearing out the old regime (in terms of players) and bringing in some new.

RenegadeGC
26-01-15, 03:53 PM
With the new high performance co-ordinator there is an emphasis on quality over quantity thus the numbers are reducing, also less of a focus on 'name' players and more on skill level

i think there certainly nothing wrong with that, having the best of the best that the region has to offer makes for a better Titans side in the future. Also makes the players earn a place in that high performance squad. I feel as though some have taken it for granted in the past.

mdrew
26-01-15, 04:06 PM
You have hit the nail on the head, Jamie McCormack has been very clear and wants the players in the development squads to appreciate the fact that they are in the squads.

i think there certainly nothing wrong with that, having the best of the best that the region has to offer makes for a better Titans side in the future. Also makes the players earn a place in that high performance squad. I feel as though some have taken it for granted in the past.

Titani
30-01-15, 02:27 PM
Luke Mastroianni - He is a tallish hooker with a very effective passing game out of dummy half. He made the QSSRL U15 White side last year and will complete for GC Green in the Cyril Connell Cup this season. As noted he is a very distributor with an efficient passing technique from both sides of his body. Due to his size he is also a very effective runner out of dummy half and can also effectively defend in the front line in defense where he is an effective one on one defender.

From a style perspective think along the lines of someone like a Danny Buderis type

Luke is a front row/ lock. I think you may have him confused with someone else

mdrew
02-02-15, 05:47 PM
Good story on the elite junior development squad

http://www.titans.com.au/news/2015/02/02/titans_young_elite_c.html

Hail Sezer
02-02-15, 05:51 PM
Good story on the elite junior development squad

http://www.titans.com.au/news/2015/02/02/titans_young_elite_c.html

Titans' young elite come together

http://wa1.www.titans.com.au/content/titans/club/news/2015/02/02/titans_young_elite_c/_jcr_content/par/image.img.jpg/1422852359050.jpg

They are potential Titans of tomorrow; part of the club’s newly formed high performance unit of aspiring NRL players aged 15 to 18.

And they were brought into the inner sanctum at The Southport School for two days where they benefitted from an insight into how Neil Henry operates as an NRL head coach and their skills and fitness levels were recorded to see how they measured up.

“It was great to have the boys all together and get a good insight into where they are at,” said Titans elite player development manager, Jamie McCormack.

“The high performance unit caters for 25 contracted 15-18 year old; so the young guys earmarked as potential under-20s and NRL players.

“We conducted testing, screening by our physios, skin fold tests; just getting an overall picture of where they were at with performance, skill level and physical ability before the start of the 2015 season. They met Neil and his staff and watched the team train and met some of the players.

“There were given details of the overall program and what we expect them to achieve in the coming months, particularly in Mal Meninga Cup (under 18s) and Cyril Connell Shield (under 16) competitions. We gave them a weights and training program to take away and we’ll continue to monitor their progress.”

The full squad comes together every school holidays while the locally based players are brought in more regularly for specialist skills training. Most played in the Meninga Cup and Connell Shield competitions and some of the 18 year olds will be fast-tracked into the Holden Cup squad before season’s end.

- - - Updated - - -

Good read that. Can pick out some of the players such as Ethan Roberts front centre and Caleb Williams top row, 2nd in from left. Think that's Keanu Dawson to Ethan's left as well

mdrew
02-02-15, 06:07 PM
Spot on mate some very talented boys there, keep an eye on J Evans, front row first on the left as well, Keanu keeps getting bigger!

RenegadeGC
02-02-15, 08:18 PM
Spotted Josh Ralph, AJ Brimson, Jonah Haas, Jerome Veve couple others look familiar just can't make them out

mdrew
06-02-15, 02:23 PM
Tyrone Davis-Roberts - He is an exceptionally quick outside back, who played a lot of centre in junior rugby league, but I think that his future is on the wing. He was part of the Keebra Park GIO Cup squad last year and will represent the MM White squad this year. His calling card is his speed and finishing skills. He is not the biggest outside back and thus I think that his future lies on the wing, where one focus going forward will be working under the high ball.

From a style perspective think along the lines of a Kevin Gordon type winger, with a better hair cut

TITAN PETE
06-02-15, 02:48 PM
Spot on mate some very talented boys there, keep an eye on J Evans, front row first on the left as well, Keanu keeps getting bigger!

A very talented back rower :thumbsup:

mdrew
09-02-15, 12:58 PM
Good to see some of the MM boys get on the scoreboard for the U20 development squad who beat the Toowoomba colts side. I have been fortunate to have been able to watch Jerome Veve play over the last couple of years, even back to the days he was playing with the Springfield Panthers in the Ipswich Junior Rugby League competition. He is a very dedicated young player who hopefully can progress in the NYC squad next year. He played a lot of front row as a junior but hopefully can find a home as a big strong running back rower in the coming years. You can add Sam Elliot as another U18 player who got on the score board on Saturday night, hopefully he can join is brother Max in the NYC squad. Both are no nonsense back row types who will not take a backward step, they hail from the same area as Anthony Coleman, a fertile area for the Titans. Brian Kelly is another from the same area as is Jackson Clarke I believe.

The other U18 to get on the score board was Keanu Dawson, another big talented back rower, we are lucky to have a few coming through.

RenegadeGC
09-02-15, 01:39 PM
Big weekend for junior sides, all at one venue once again, well everyone apart from White CC (who have weekend off because they played on Saturday).

Dont know times, but all games are at Mudgeeraba in conjunction with Burleigh vs Ipswich QCup.

GC Green CC vs Ipswich CC
GC Green MM vs Ipswich MM
GC White MM vs Burleigh Colts (that will be an interesting match up)

GC White MM, already have a few injury concerns, Ethan Roberts, Jack Evans two of the bigger names that are under injury clouds.

mdrew
10-02-15, 08:08 AM
Blake Roberts - He is a talented fullback/centre, originally from the Grafton area, and moved to the Gold Coast a couple of years ago. He attends PBC and is the younger brother of Ethan Roberts (an amazing talent). The thing that stands out about Blake is his defense, he is by no means a big player but his defensive technique is exceptional, he can defend opposing centres one on one, and is one of the better low tacklers I have seen in a long time. Tackling around the legs seems to have become a lost art, but when done right it is in my opinion it is still the most effective way of defending. He is solid in attack as well but his defense is his calling card. He will play U15’s this year.

mdrew
10-02-15, 05:06 PM
Good story on the Haas boys on the official site, both very big strong young boys.

http://www.titans.com.au/news/2015/02/10/meet_our_newest_inte.html

mdrew
11-02-15, 06:59 AM
Great story about us looking at a young NZ boy.

NRL club Titans show interest in Manawatu teen

http://www.stuff.co.nz/content/dam/images/1/3/a/a/b/b/image.related.StuffLandscapeSixteenByNine.620x349. 13a9mo.png/1423516336168.jpg

Wipere Takitimu is one of those young people who lives easily in the academic and the sporting world and the bi-lingual 14-year-old also moves at ease between his two languages.

The Manukura School student spent half of his summer holidays in Australia's Gold Coast training under the umbrella of the Gold Coast Titans NRL club. He has been highlighted as a player to watch by the rugby league club and says it's all pretty exciting.

"I was at a Titans training camp at Massey and they saw me play then; I was shocked they had picked me out. I am really proud to be representing my family and school."

Wipere has also been a notable rugby league player at local level in the Kia Ora Warriors and the Manawatu Mustangs, playing fullback, which Kia Ora committee member Peter Butler says suits his athleticism.

"To the detriment of other sports, Wipere has given rugby league a shot and liked it.

"He could have picked any sport, he has great natural ability."

One of the things Wipere is working on after his time with the Titans is bulking up.

"They taught me about my diet and wellbeing. Things like going to bed early and getting up early."

He does this most mornings now, not an easy thing for a 14-year-old.

"It is hard, but I just think about all the people who want to do the same thing as me and if I am going to beat them this is what I have got to do.

"I want to pull on the jersey in the future."

He can't be signed till he's 15 years old so for now it's about training and achieving his goal of merits and excellence at school. One of his teachers, Ilane Durie, says Wipere is doing well considering he has spent only one year out of the Maori immersion school. "Wipere's ability to be bi-lingual and very academic in both languages is outstanding and he achieved merits and excellence in all of his subjects last year."

Wipere is proud of his fluency in Maori: "I speak it at home and pretty much everywhere. I speak it as much as I can."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/65984064/nrl-club-titans-show-interest-in-manawatu-teen

mdrew
12-02-15, 07:58 AM
Jordan Champion – He is another talented young back rower in the Titans junior ranks, and he will play at the U15 level in 2015. He has been with the Titans for a few years, working his way up through the Titans junior development system. He has represented the Vikings and Kookaburra’s on multiple occasions in the different age groups over the last few years. His style of play is that of a wide running back rower with above average speed for the position, but he will also take his share of hit ups through the middle of the ruck, which was on display when he constantly took the ball up the centre of the ruck against a massive Samoa forward pack late last year. He is effective in defense and covers across the field well, thus putting him in a good position to make the tackle when the ball is turned back inside.

The Titans seem to be able to identify and develop back rowers well, and Jordan Champion is yet another to keep an eye on in the years to come. From a style perspective Ben Ridge is not a bad comparison at all as a back rower with leadership skills and the ability to adapt his style of play to what is needed for the team.

mdrew
12-02-15, 08:33 AM
Ryan Steidman - He is a young front rower who attends PBC and worked hard for the Titans U14 side last year in their development games, including a hard working performance against Samoa U14’s where he absorbed a lot of punishment but never shirked his responsibilities and was still taking the ball up as hard at the end of the game than he was at the start. He will probably not stand out as he progresses up the ladder, that has nothing to do with his ability, it is just the way he plays the game. He will take hit ups and tackle all day and do all of the little things necessary to help his team succeed. He will play at the U15 level in 2015.

From a style perspective think of a Luke Douglas type who will not stand out but he is very effective in the role he is asked to play.

RenegadeGC
12-02-15, 09:06 AM
Unfortunate to hear that Jerome Veve dislocated his knee in last weekends Titans 20s development trial. Will miss the MM season. Hopefully the kids bounces back stronger and better as he would have pushed to be in the NYC squad after the MM season.

TITAN PETE
12-02-15, 01:52 PM
Big weekend for junior sides, all at one venue once again, well everyone apart from White CC (who have weekend off because they played on Saturday).

Dont know times, but all games are at Mudgeeraba in conjunction with Burleigh vs Ipswich QCup.

GC Green CC vs Ipswich CC
GC Green MM vs Ipswich MM
GC White MM vs Burleigh Colts (that will be an interesting match up)

GC White MM, already have a few injury concerns, Ethan Roberts, Jack Evans two of the bigger names that are under injury clouds.

Games start at 2.30pm Saturday , should be a great arvo of Footy

mdrew
13-02-15, 08:14 AM
Good story on a few boys from the Armidale area, coming up to play in our development squad this weekend. Phillip Quinlan in particular is a talent. Apologies for the formatting,

Titans eye northern trio
By Chris Bath
Feb. 13, 2015, 4 a.m.

Armidale High students Phillip Quinlan and Elijah Rasiga will join Inverell High’s Corey Alexander after impressing the talent scouts during a series of games last year.

As part of the the Armidale and District High Schools’ Gold Coast Titans Development program, a squad of Armidale’s best 16-year-old schoolboys is selected and put through a few high-performance sessions.

North West schools rugby league convener and Armidale High teacher Tim Polson said the squad is put through three training sessions.

Inverell does a similar thing before the two sides face off against each other.

From that game another side is selected to go on the road and play Lake Coombabah State High School in Ballina.

“That was a tough game last year that ended up in a draw,” Polson said.

“They (Lake Coombabah) are a Titans feeder school so there are a lot of quality players there.”

That game is attended by Titans development officers who, while having a look at the players already in their program, also get to cast an eye over the best the New England has to offer.

“If they like anything they see they invite them to come back for this weekend’s match,” Polson said.

The three boys will play for the Titans U17s against the Gold Coast CRL Academy, a game that will definitely be watched by scouts from at least the other two Queensland clubs and possibly more.

Quinlan is a forward who played in the NSW Country 16s last season and is very handy in close, while school mate Rasiga plays centre and back row, with Alexander at home as custodian at the back.

The players will also get to attend the NRL All Stars match tonight at Titans Stadium as some extra motivation.

http://www.armidaleexpress.com.au/story/2879970/titans-eye-northern-trio/?cs=12

mdrew
14-02-15, 07:51 AM
Brodie Hannon – He is a young hooker, who unfortunately missed initial selection in the CC sides for 2015, which to me was quite a surprise. He is only small but that should not detract from his ability and courage. I am still in awe of a game at Redlands last year when he was playing for the Titans U15 development squad against older opposition at Redlands. He charged out of the line and went in against a much larger forward, he held his own and is the type of thing that fires up a team. He also played well against Wests Tigers U15 side late last year. He is very quick out of dummy half and is also an effective distributor, passing well to both sides. He is a vocal leader on the field. His presence on the field belies his size and even though he missed initial CC selection, he still has a good future.

From a style perspective think ex Titan Nathan Friend.

RenegadeGC
14-02-15, 09:07 AM
Heading down to Mudgeeraba to have a watch of the junior rep footy, lol valentines date with the wife. 3/4 cc and mm teams in action.

Heard that a few players will be rested in prep for week 1 of cc and mm.

Hail Sezer
14-02-15, 09:21 AM
Heading down to Mudgeeraba to have a watch of the junior rep footy, lol valentines date with the wife. 3/4 cc and mm teams in action.

Heard that a few players will be rested in prep for week 1 of cc and mm.

That sounds very romantic RGC

Updates updates updates on the Titans contracted lads if possible mate :thumbsup:

RenegadeGC
14-02-15, 08:16 PM
Results.
Both GC Green MM and CC had comfortable wins over ipswich. While GC White went down to Burleigh 19s.

I only caught the end of the CC game and they looked sharp but noticed most of the better players were rested on bench.

MM Green was the same, halftime the likes of Caleb Williams and AJ Brimson were rested. One of the MM players was sent off it looked like Jonah Haas unsure of what for. Liam Pakau was very quiet for ipswich and looks to be carrying a little bit of weight.

For MM White Sam Elliot was good and made some solid hits. I hope the Titans jump on Doryaan as he killed it. Was a machine both on attack and defence.

Leading it week 1 in two weeks time. I think it will be close between the two CC sides. How ever in MM I think he Green will have too much class with the likes of Keanu, Jai Whitbread and Greg (if he plays MM) to come into the squad and Brimson and Woolf in halves. All though the Whites still have Josh Ralph to come in. Israel Oti played for Whites today

TITAN PETE
14-02-15, 08:52 PM
AJ wasn't rested he injured his hamstring & may be in trouble.

MM Green is far stronger than White in my opinion all across the park, White will thrive when Ethan Paikea comes into the team but Whitbread has to come back for Green too, thought the number 3 for white had a great game at centre & fullback today very strong & has a very good passing game, not sure of his name but was told he's Ethan Roberts cousin...someone correct me if I'm wrong please

RenegadeGC
14-02-15, 09:12 PM
AJ wasn't rested he injured his hamstring & may be in trouble.

MM Green is far stronger than White in my opinion all across the park, White will thrive when Ethan Paikea comes into the team but Whitbread has to come back for Green too, thought the number 3 for white had a great game at centre & fullback today very strong & has a very good passing game, not sure of his name but was told he's Ethan Roberts cousin...someone correct me if I'm wrong please

That's a big loss for Whites if AJ is out. And I stand corrected haha apologies. Yes Ethan will strengthen them up.
That was Tyrone Davis Roberts. I wonder how long Ethan Roberts is out for?

mdrew
16-02-15, 07:29 AM
Steve Dressler – He is a powerful young front rower who signed with the Titans originally as a 12 year old from Yamba where he played both league and union, playing league with the Lower Clarence Magpies. After moving up to play with Burleigh he has progressed through the development squads and the CC cup, initially playing in the CC cup as a 15 year old, which is no small feat. He is a powerfully young man who is absolutely dedicated to getting as far as he can in the game. He is a powerful athlete who has a fair bit of endurance for a big guy and is impossible not to cheer for.

From a style perspective think of someone along the lines of Manly front rower Josh Starling, who also had a year with the Tweed Seagulls in the QCup.

TITAN PETE
16-02-15, 09:24 AM
Steve Dressler – He is a powerful young front rower who signed with the Titans originally as a 12 year old from Yamba where he played both league and union, playing league with the Lower Clarence Magpies. After moving up to play with Burleigh he has progressed through the development squads and the CC cup, initially playing in the CC cup as a 15 year old, which is no small feat. He is a powerfully young man who is absolutely dedicated to getting as far as he can in the game. He is a powerful athlete who has a fair bit of endurance for a big guy and is impossible not to cheer for.

From a style perspective think of someone along the lines of Manly front rower Josh Starling, who also had a year with the Tweed Seagulls in the QCup.

I spoke to Steve who is the fittest i've ever seen him on Saturday , the's still recovering from knee surgery after a motor x accident but is training very hard & seems to have matured a lot.

anyone thats seem him play knows he can be a wrecking ball but has a short fuse which is something he would have been working on ..

TITAN PETE
17-02-15, 09:27 PM
I'm hearing 2 players from the MM Green side will be suspended for the rest of the season & possibly further after one threatening a referee & the other for racially abusing an opposition player after their match on Saturday afternoon, I won't name them as I'm the names will come out in this me but one of the boys is contracted to the Titans 20's squad..

RenegadeGC
17-02-15, 11:13 PM
I'm hearing 2 players from the MM Green side will be suspended for the rest of the season & possibly further after one threatening a referee & the other for racially abusing an opposition player after their match on Saturday afternoon, I won't name them as I'm the names will come out in this me but one of the boys is contracted to the Titans 20's squad..

Hmmm i think i can guess who both are, considering there was only one person sinbinned in the game. and only two 20s contracted players in either squads, and one played on weekend. Not good, hopefully its all hear-say so to speak.

mdrew
18-02-15, 07:04 AM
Story noting Laim Pakea. Not good to read the posts above, terrible stuff.

http://www.qt.com.au/news/claver-pair-a-cut-above/2547396/

mdrew
18-02-15, 08:29 AM
Kenny Kennedy – He is a young fullback from the Logan region and plays with the powerful Logan Brothers club. He was a member of the amazingly talented Logan Brothers U15 side in 2014 that included players such as Lorenzo Leapai, Albert Liki and plenty plenty more. I can not think of a more impressive junior club side that I have ever seen! They were big strong, fast talented, disciplined and well coached. He is a classic type of fullback who can play with the ball in hand out of the back of the ruck or the more traditional (read old) way when the fullback chimes into the back line. He seems to be a talker at the back with the ability to redirect the defensive line when needed. He is a strong returner of the football and similarily strong on defense. He is another who played against Wests Tigers U15’s late last year in the U15 development squad game. Also represented the Phillipines with another talented Titans junior Payne Haas, I believe.

From a style perspective think Daruis Boyd or Luke Patten.

Hail Sezer
18-02-15, 08:52 AM
Story noting Laim Pakea. Not good to read the posts above, terrible stuff.

http://www.qt.com.au/news/claver-pair-a-cut-above/2547396/

Cant embed but is this Liam Pakau? as in the centre? How old is this bloke he looks absolutely massive: http://www.smpimages.com/media.details.php?mediaID=156597

mdrew
18-02-15, 09:02 AM
yes he is a centre and is big and strong, he also has some speed as well. A talent for sure and this is his first year of eligibility of MM, still eligible in 2016 for MM

Cant embed but is this Liam Pakau? as in the centre? How old is this bloke he looks absolutely massive: http://www.smpimages.com/media.details.php?mediaID=156597

RenegadeGC
18-02-15, 09:10 AM
yes he is a centre and is big and strong, he also has some speed as well. A talent for sure and this is his first year of eligibility of MM, still eligible in 2016 for MM

Was very quiet in the trial against MM Green on the weekend, looks to be maybe carrying a little too much weight. both the Ipswich centres were outplayed by Caleb Williams and the other centre.

the future looks bright in terms of outside backs for the titans... Hudson, Spring, Mika etc, plus younger ones coming through, pakau, williams, Greg L (can play anywhere lol), Jordan Birch, Tyrone Davis Roberts

Hail Sezer
18-02-15, 09:14 AM
Was very quiet in the trial against MM Green on the weekend, looks to be maybe carrying a little too much weight. both the Ipswich centres were outplayed by Caleb Williams and the other centre.

the future looks bright in terms of outside backs for the titans... Hudson, Spring, Mika etc, plus younger ones coming through, pakau, williams, Greg L (can play anywhere lol), Jordan Birch, Tyrone Davis Roberts

We need to get Greg a better forum name because his last name is 10/10 for difficulty to spell but Greg L sounds odd. How about GL? Similar to GI and LG but I think it can work

GL is born

Do you know much about Mika? He's stil trialling for a contract apparently but his inclusion as starting centre for the final trial is a sign that he is looking likely

How did Caleb Williams go for MM on the weekend by the way?

RenegadeGC
18-02-15, 09:21 AM
We need to get Greg a better forum name because his last name is 10/10 for difficulty to spell but Greg L sounds odd. How about GL? Similar to GI and LG but I think it can work

GL is born

Do you know much about Mika? He's stil trialling for a contract apparently but his inclusion as starting centre for the final trial is a sign that he is looking likely

How did Caleb Williams go for MM on the weekend by the way?

Haha im all for GL.
No dont know too much about him but have seen him.. lol hes not small lets put it that way. And like you say he must be playing some decent footy if hes named in the final trial.

Caleb had limited opportunities, and was his first game back. rotated between centre and fullback. the kid is quick, i would say he would give james roberts a fair crack in the speed department. Hes surprisingly strong and handled Pakau with no problems. People have compared him to G.I and wouldnt be far off. Not as tall but very very similar in way they play, run etc

mdrew
20-02-15, 10:24 PM
After todays developments, titans junior development is no more, what parent would let their child be involved with us, this has ramifications far wider that people realise, and I am not just talking about junior development either.

RenegadeGC
20-02-15, 10:55 PM
After todays developments, titans junior development is no more, what parent would let their child be involved with us, this has ramifications far wider that people realise, and I am not just talking about junior development either.

Couldn't agree more.. all the hard work by the new recruitment and elite development unit could be out the window. Right when the future of the club was starting to look very very promising.

Titan Crius
21-02-15, 09:03 AM

Sorry Mdrew, I really respect your posts but on this occasion I disagree with you, the actions of a very few persons (normally fine persons in fact) should not tarnish the outstanding efforts of our Playing Group, Coaching Staff, Development Staff & Management. I firmly believe that parents of the Junior Development Elite Squad and other junior pathway groups will stay solid and their children will stay involved with us. The current Development Staff headed by Mathiou are doing a outstanding job and in noway connected to the recent matters.
We must stay strong as a club, especially the supporters for the majority of our NRL & NYC Club are outstanding persons that put in 100% and are great exampes to our youths.
Remember that the matters are alleged offences that involve summons to appear before a Court (march 5) every person is innocent til proven guilty and from reports both will be vigorously defending the charges.
For me, it is always GO TITANS in every level from Juniors to NRL

mdrew
21-02-15, 09:18 AM
No doubt they are very decent people, I know personally

mdrew
21-02-15, 09:28 PM
In hindsight you are spot on and my assertion was il-informed and wrong, apologies to all, especially to all of het hard working and decent staff of the Titans and the families of Titans contracted juniors, hopefully I have learnt my lesson

Sorry Mdrew, I really respect your posts but on this occasion I disagree with you, the actions of a very few persons (normally fine persons in fact) should not tarnish the outstanding efforts of our Playing Group, Coaching Staff, Development Staff & Management. I firmly believe that parents of the Junior Development Elite Squad and other junior pathway groups will stay solid and their children will stay involved with us. The current Development Staff headed by Mathiou are doing a outstanding job and in noway connected to the recent matters.
We must stay strong as a club, especially the supporters for the majority of our NRL & NYC Club are outstanding persons that put in 100% and are great exampes to our youths.
Remember that the matters are alleged offences that involve summons to appear before a Court (march 5) every person is innocent til proven guilty and from reports both will be vigorously defending the charges.
For me, it is always GO TITANS in every level from Juniors to NRL

Titanic
23-02-15, 01:33 AM
Great resolution guys and a healthy discussion ... these are trying times for sure but in fact the opportunities that will now present themselves to our development pathways will mean that the Titans juniors will have all the more reason to stick at it.

RenegadeGC
23-02-15, 09:51 PM
I was being nosey on Facebook and stumbled across CC Green open facebook page (link https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gold-Coast-Green-Cyril-Connell-Cup-2015/805314036177428). Their squad. lol copy and pasted for this week is -

Bayley
Bodhi
Caleb
Callum
Charlie
Conrad
Ezra
Gabi
Jaxson
Joshua
Kees
Liam
Luke
Max B
Max H
Noah
Payne
Saige
Taine

RenegadeGC
24-02-15, 02:10 PM
GL will play for MM Green this weekend. Lol its worth going to this game just to watch this kid play.

lonegull
24-02-15, 02:28 PM
GL will play for MM Green this weekend. Lol its worth going to this game just to watch this kid play.

hopefully a future titans star running around

RenegadeGC
24-02-15, 09:28 PM
Positive to see 3 of the 4 CC and MM sides have Facebook pages running, both the CC sides and MM Green.

MM Green have named a 19 player squad for this weekends fixture.

(Copy and Pasted) "Gold Coast Green - Mal Meninga Cup - 2015
3 mins ·

Here is this weeks 19 man squad to play against the Gold Coast White side this Saturday:

Greg Leleisiuao, Lorenzo Cassidy, Caleb Williams, Jordan Birch, Sheaziah Compain, Brent Woolf, AJ Brimson, Denzal Ngati, Vito Sula-Siaosi, Jai Whitbread, Rory Lillis, Keanu Dawson, Zac Akehurst, Api Noema-Matenga, Ephraim Morgan, Emry Pere, Huston Holloway, Paora Noble, Malachi Morgan.

Not considered for selection - Jerome Veve (Injured), and Jonah Hass (Suspension)."

Hail Sezer
24-02-15, 10:43 PM
Positive to see 3 of the 4 CC and MM sides have Facebook pages running, both the CC sides and MM Green.

MM Green have named a 19 player squad for this weekends fixture.

(Copy and Pasted) "Gold Coast Green - Mal Meninga Cup - 2015
3 mins ·

Here is this weeks 19 man squad to play against the Gold Coast White side this Saturday:

Greg Leleisiuao, Lorenzo Cassidy, Caleb Williams, Jordan Birch, Sheaziah Compain, Brent Woolf, AJ Brimson, Denzal Ngati, Vito Sula-Siaosi, Jai Whitbread, Rory Lillis, Keanu Dawson, Zac Akehurst, Api Noema-Matenga, Ephraim Morgan, Emry Pere, Huston Holloway, Paora Noble, Malachi Morgan.

Not considered for selection - Jerome Veve (Injured), and Jonah Hass (Suspension)."

My knowledge on u18's is limited but even I know that is a really strong squad. You heading along to watch mate?

TITAN PETE
25-02-15, 11:32 AM
I will be there for this game looking forward to watching the Big E have his 1st hit out for the year as he has that look of kill in his eye's ...

mdrew
26-02-15, 02:19 AM
Good to see a few titans players in other sides such as Northern Pride mm. The Souths Logan cc side looks a superb side, one or two titans as well with also missing due to injury, should be great games against gc cc sides

mdrew
27-02-15, 12:16 PM
Congratulations to the likes of Brent Barnes, Will Evans, Kyle Fairbank, Nelson Grove, Tuki Seilli, Jovahn Tearoiti, D’Andrew Waterreus, Olivier Singh, Juwan Compain etc for making the U14 Vikings trial squad. A few handy boys made the U13 squad such as Ediq Ambrosyev, Damon Somerville and Jacob Tekii too.

Congratulations to all and good luck

mdrew
03-03-15, 02:53 AM
Goodbye all

Lion65
06-03-15, 02:34 PM
Did anyone go to the South Coast u/15 & U/18 Rugby League Trials yesterday? Any reports on talent at the trials.

RenegadeGC
06-03-15, 09:47 PM
I know of a couple of Titan contracted players who were named. Payne Haas, AJ Brimson, Sheaziah Compain.

Also looking forward to seeing GL make his debut for GC Green tomorrow. Hopefully a combination of him and Caleb Williams will be one we will see in first grade in a few years.

shamus
06-03-15, 10:51 PM
Goodbye all

OK...I wasn't sure what you meant by this but you haven't posted since??

Where are ya?

RenegadeGC
07-03-15, 11:59 AM
Link to all of the cc games from last week -
http://www.qrl.com.au/news/2015/03/07/connell_cup_pool_a_r.html

massive loser
21-03-15, 08:39 PM
wow hasn't this thread just died a deserved death

Hail Sezer
21-03-15, 11:04 PM
wow hasn't this thread just died a deserved death

Mate..pm me.

now.

Titan4Life
25-03-15, 07:44 PM
Just watched the Phil Gould interview on Sterlo and he brought up a number of good points. One particular point was regarding the juniors and how Penrith are aiming to have 80% of their roster being local juniors. I would love to see us have something like that in the next 5-10 years or so. Obviously you need the experience and skill of guys like DCE but I believe we should also start developing more of our own juniors as well. Players like Hazard, Fogarty, Coleman, Huddson and more should be introduced into first grade in the next few years.

Hopefully the club is putting more time, effort and money into junior development like Penrith, as you can see how well it has worked for them and other clubs like Brisbane. In the past few years we have tried to buy a team and have failed miserably. You can see how much the Gold Coast fan base get behind our juniors such as Elgey this week. Too many times we have let go of our juniors and they have gone on to succeed elsewhere (Sandow, Keary etc).

Anyway just my thoughts. What does everyone else think?

PS.. thanks to mdrew, Renegade, lonegull, HS and others who keep the rest of us updated about our juniors. Well done guys :thumbsup:

Hail Sezer
31-03-15, 08:55 AM
We have signed Bostyn Hakaraia on a 3 yr deal. He's from MAGS in Auckland and we beat out the bulldogs for his signature

TITAN PETE
31-03-15, 08:58 AM
We have signed Bostyn Hakaraia on a 3 yr deal. He's from MAGS in Auckland and we beat out the bulldogs for his signature

Without knowing anything about the lad you can bet he'll be a monster

Hail Sezer
31-03-15, 09:00 AM
Without knowing anything about the lad you can bet he'll be a monster

He's a half :laugh:

Has big wraps over here though, has played NZ age groups right through including u18 this year

TITAN PETE
31-03-15, 12:09 PM

Has big wraps over here though, has played NZ age groups right through including u18 this year

Luke Bailey was a winger once :eyebrows:

RenegadeGC
31-03-15, 12:15 PM

Have you seen him play HS or any footage. I guess the main concern for me is all is well and good playing reps in NZ, but there is a massive gap between the levels especially at juniors between nz and aussie. a nsw expats side made up of sg ball players flogged nz residents side last year. the only reason the junior kiwis compete is because majority have come through the system here in australia.

i wish the kid all the best and will be interested in seeing how he goes, he will be up against the likes of Brimson, and Woolf etc (same age group)

mdrew
31-03-15, 07:40 PM
He is a talented player I can assure you

Have you seen him play HS or any footage. I guess the main concern for me is all is well and good
playing reps in NZ, but there is a massive gap between the levels especially at juniors between nz and aussie. a nsw expats side made up of sg ball players flogged nz residents side last year. the only reason the junior kiwis compete is because majority have come through the system here in Australia

i wish the kid all the best and will be interested in seeing how he goes, he will be up against the likes of Brimson, and Woolf etc (same age group)

TITAN PETE
01-04-15, 06:45 AM
Hey Mcdrew can you tell me anything about a Logan junior playing MM a giant of a kid named Sid don't know his surname but his talent says the Donkeys would already have him on their books

mdrew
01-04-15, 06:56 AM
Syd Smith, yes he is with the broncos, scary that he is eligible for MM next year as well.

Hey Mcdrew can you tell me anything about a Logan junior playing MM a giant of a kid named Sid don't know his surname but his talent says the Donkeys would already have him on their books

TITAN PETE
01-04-15, 07:30 AM
I'm sure he'll be playing Holden Cup at some stage soon he's got it !

RenegadeGC
01-04-15, 08:53 AM
Syd Smith, yes he is with the broncos, scary that he is eligible for MM next year as well.

Only thing that might let Syd down is his discipline. Kid can definitely play though and he is a monster.

mdrew
02-04-15, 05:33 PM
16 year old Antonio Nelu of Ipswich, formally from NZ has signed with us. He will stay at Ipswich State High for a while, he is young forward. Well spotted Titans. He played very well in the recent met west trials and deservidly made the very strong rep squad. He will also be part of the Ipswich state high gio cup squad. Their first game is against coo oompah in a month or so

mdrew
04-04-15, 07:12 AM
Another young player signing on is AJ Kepaoa (14), he has represented Samoa at junior level, a young centre.

Lion65
06-04-15, 06:03 AM
Only thing that might let Syd down is his discipline. Kid can definitely play though and he is a monster.

There is no skill in running over smaller kids. After yesterday's disgraceful display against Easts Tigers he should find himself on the sidelines for quite sometime.

mdrew
07-04-15, 06:24 AM
A bit more information on AJ Kepaoa, he is a big boy for a centre at 14 years old, being around 184cm and around 85kg. He has stood out against Warriors development squads, who are usually two or three years older, and was named player of camp at a recent South Sydney development camp in NZ. By the sound of it, we have snuck under their guard to get him.

mdrew
11-04-15, 07:23 PM
Good to see Daniel Brownbill continue to his try scoring exploits for the Easts Tigers MM side. Add in the Souths CC goal kicker and things continue to look up for Titans Junior development. Expect things to progress in NZ. I will give you more when I can, wink wink.

lonegull
11-04-15, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the update Mdrew appreciate the information

TITAN PETE
11-04-15, 08:34 PM
CC & MM White are playing at Pizzey Park tomorrow before the Bears top sides play

mdrew
14-04-15, 06:12 AM
Congratulations to Brent Barnes, Jovahn Te Aroiti, Juwain Compain, Kyle Fairbanks, Nelson Grove, Oliver Singh, Tuki Seiuli, Will Evans etc for selection in the Gold Coast Vikings U14 side. A few others to look out for from the U14 side include second rower Bryson Vaovasa, centre Hakula Lafeta and backrower Tahenga Mareko.

There are a few handy players in the U13 Vikings squad as well, including backrowers Damon Somerville and Ediq Ambrosyev and Jacob Tekii.

Good luck to all selected. The future is bright for the Titans junior players.

TITAN PETE
14-04-15, 08:27 PM
The Donkeys have smashed the Titans offer for Brent Woolfe & he signed with them on s 3 year deal.....this signing will come back to bite us

mdrew
15-04-15, 06:31 PM
Damn that is a real blow, I was of the understanding that he was going to be with us, very disappointing to here, but regardless god luck to him for the future.

The Donkeys have smashed the Titans offer for Brent Woolfe & he signed with them on s 3 year deal.....this signing will come back to bite us

Hail Sezer
19-04-15, 08:03 PM
Ethan Roberts and TRD tearing it up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7Iaf-kmGDo

lonegull
19-04-15, 08:15 PM
Ethan Roberts and TRD tearing it up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7Iaf-kmGDo

Sam Ross the centre looked good also

Hail Sezer
19-04-15, 08:32 PM
Sam Ross the centre looked good also

For sure. Sam Elliot good too.

Got some good talent coming through. It's going to be hectic for the Backline positions next year with Brian Kelly, Jed Cartwright, Christian Mika all still there and then the addition of GL, Tyronne Roberts-Davis, Caleb Williams and Liam Pakau. Impossible to pick at this stage.

If I looked in to my crystal ball I'd guess..

Kelly
Mika
Williams
GL
TRD
?
?
Dawson
Parish
Elliot
Cartwright
Wright
Roberts

Wouldn't have a clue on interchange but I'd guess that Paikea, Swift, Pelo, Scott, Stratton would all be in the mix? Renegade and Mdrew and Pete would have a better idea..im just guessing the entire lineup really haha..far too early to tell but its all fun

mdrew
20-04-15, 07:01 AM
The Group 2 U18 side was named late last week, a few very talented boys that the titans are/should be looking at. They include twin brothers Thomas and Nicholas McGrady (South Grafton), both outside backs, winger Dylan Collett (Grafton Ghosts) who is already playing 1st grade. Dion Delevante (Sawtell), Liam Kelly-Wynne (Coss-Harbour) and Sione Fangupo (Sawtell) are also handy players. We have had success with the region, such as Anthony Coleman, Anthony Don, Sam and Max Elliott, Brian Kelly, David Mead, Kevin Gordon etc, so hopefully a few more coming in the next few years.

mdrew
20-04-15, 07:14 AM
I may as well get it a go, why not, I have left anyone who is still eligible for U18 next year out, but as HS notes there are plenty that would be there or there abouts, such as GL, Caleb Williams, Jai Whitbread, Liam Pakau, Ethan Pakea, Emery Pere, Lou Lockington etc.

Brian Kelly
Ethan Page
John Boy Quinlan
Jed Cartwright
Tyrone Roberts-Davies
Ethan Roberts
Braydon McMahon
Max Elliot
Jennan Wedderburn-Parish
Keanu Dawson
Nathan Watts
Sam Swift
Shane Wright

Daymeric Pelo
Sam Elliot
Brett Stratton
Jonah Haas

mdrew
20-04-15, 07:51 AM
I ahve no doubt that Jamie Mathiou will prove his worth.

- - - Updated - - -

Good to see some Titans contracted boys making rep squads such as Ethan Kane (half) and Liam Cusack (centre) in the U15 Diocese of Lismore U15 squad and Isaac Lee (centre/wing) Harry Fitzhugh (half), Zac Beecher (hooker) and Sam Elliot (lock) making the U18 squad. This is the first step for these boys to get to further rep honours. Hopefully Sam will join his bother Max at the NYC level next year.

Well done to all.

mdrew
21-04-15, 03:46 PM
http://www.titans.com.au/news/2015/04/21/high_performance_uni.html

Great story on our young hopefuls and their high performance camp

lonegull
21-04-15, 05:16 PM
http://www.titans.com.au/news/2015/04/21/high_performance_uni.html

Great story on our young hopefuls and their high performance camp

Agree finally a bit of info on our up and comers

RenegadeGC
21-04-15, 06:04 PM
Josh Fauid can play as well. Good to see the Titans have him on the books.

mdrew
22-04-15, 02:53 PM
Good to see Keanu Dawson named to play QCup colts for Burleigh this weekend. Well deserved.

mdrew
23-04-15, 05:59 AM
Story on Liam Pakau

http://www.qt.com.au/news/st-peter-claver-student-gaining-confidence/2615678/

RenegadeGC
23-04-15, 06:09 AM
Good to see Keanu Dawson named to play QCup colts for Burleigh this weekend. Well deserved.

hmm I don't know if I agree on this one Mdrew. Ad good as it is to see him in there I don't really think he deserves it. His MM Cup performances weren't very good, discipline was also poor.

But hopefully he can turn that around.

mdrew
23-04-15, 06:25 AM
Keanu’s form was up and down through out the MM comp, I agree, but he is a talented player. I think that the step up in level and the discipline with the Burleigh colts side will bring out the best in him.

TITAN PETE
23-04-15, 06:55 AM
Keanu’s form was up and down through out the MM comp, I agree, but he is a talented player. I think that the step up in level and the discipline with the Burleigh colts side will bring out the best in him.

Yeah mate I agree , what may have been tollerated in MM won't cut it with Burliegh they are much stricter on discipline & have plenty of players on the books so he'll need to perform at his best

mdrew
26-04-15, 10:19 AM
Some NZ boys travelled over for the recent junior high performance camp, they included centre AJ Kepaoa and 5/8 Bostyn Hakaraia.

mdrew
28-04-15, 06:12 AM
Good to see a number of Titans boys named in the Group 18 junior rep sides, such as Jackson North (front row) in the U14’s and Ethan Kane (half), Brenton Daley Hotlen (5/8), Ryan Steidam (front row) and Brock Styles (second row) in the U15’s. There are some other very talented boys in the sides who I am sure will catch the attention of the Titans development staff with their skill, determination and dedication.

Congratulations to all and good luck in your carnival in a couple of weeks. Also congratulations to all of the parents for the running around that they do.

mdrew
30-04-15, 08:27 AM
Well done to Quentin Vaaua for making the Ipswich Diggers U14 squad for the State age championships in a couple of weeks. He is part of a very talented Ipswich U14 side. The GC side is probably equal favourite with the NQ side. Should be a very good carnival

mdrew
01-05-15, 06:46 AM
Link to a story on a young bloke called Dylan Collett from the Grafton Ghosts in Group 2. He is a very talented young footballer being looked at by a number of clubs, the Titans being one I believe.

http://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/news/collett-keen-to-impress-for-group-2-group-2-league/2624233/

Hail Sezer
01-05-15, 12:51 PM
Link to a story on a young bloke called Dylan Collett from the Grafton Ghosts in Group 2. He is a very talented young footballer being looked at by a number of clubs, the Titans being one I believe.

http://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/news/collett-keen-to-impress-for-group-2-group-2-league/2624233/

Collett returns for Grafton Ghosts Group 2

Bill North | 1st May 2015 5:00 AM

http://media.apnarm.net.au/img/media/images/2015/04/30/EDE_01-05-2015_SPORT_03_GRA190415BTleague01_fct1024x768_t620 .jpg

DYLAN Collett returns to tackling kids his own age after making the step up to First Grade for Grafton Ghosts this season.

The 18-year-old is named in the second row for the Group 2 Under-18s side scheduled to play at Geoff King Motors Complex, Coffs Harbour on Saturday.

He will be hoping to make an impression in his preferred position having more than held his own on the wing after three rounds in the top grade.

"I was a bit nervous at the start about playing against a lot bigger players," Collett said.

"But all the older boys have made it easier. They've pulled me aside and given me good advice.

"It's a lot rougher than playing under-18s and the tempo's a lot quicker. It's all round a lot harder and the challenge is good.

"In the centres would be where I'm aiming to end up, but you have to start somewhere."

At 92kg, Collett hasn't taken long to adapt to playing men, scoring a hattrick in last Sunday's 46 to 10 win against Nambucca Heads Roosters.

"We've been training hard on a couple of new plays at training and they were pulled off in the game for at least two of the tries," he said.

"He's only under-18s and he's got a lot to learn. He's going to be a very good footballer," McLennan said.

"He'll eventually be a backrower. He's just solid in everything he does. He doesn't whinge and just does his job."

While Collett is the only Ghost in the side, South Grafton has five with Thomas McGrady, Luke Roberts, Nick McGrady, Lionel Johnson and Dane O'Connor all selected.

The Under-18s will play in a series of matches against Group 3 and NRRRL from which the North Coast Dolphins side will be selected.

After the Under-18s matches Group 2 and Group 3 will go head to head in the opens at 3.30pm.

The trio of Ben McLennan, Adam Slater and Matt Muller represent the Ghost contingent. Roy Bell, Hugh Stanley, Anthony Cowan and Chris Carr will be in action for South Grafton.

TitansFan92
01-05-15, 02:37 PM
Collett returns for Grafton Ghosts Group 2

Bill North | 1st May 2015 5:00 AM

http://media.apnarm.net.au/img/media/images/2015/04/30/EDE_01-05-2015_SPORT_03_GRA190415BTleague01_fct1024x768_t620 .jpg

DYLAN Collett returns to tackling kids his own age after making the step up to First Grade for Grafton Ghosts this season.

The 18-year-old is named in the second row for the Group 2 Under-18s side scheduled to play at Geoff King Motors Complex, Coffs Harbour on Saturday.

He will be hoping to make an impression in his preferred position having more than held his own on the wing after three rounds in the top grade.

"I was a bit nervous at the start about playing against a lot bigger players," Collett said.

"But all the older boys have made it easier. They've pulled me aside and given me good advice.

"It's a lot rougher than playing under-18s and the tempo's a lot quicker. It's all round a lot harder and the challenge is good.

"In the centres would be where I'm aiming to end up, but you have to start somewhere."

At 92kg, Collett hasn't taken long to adapt to playing men, scoring a hattrick in last Sunday's 46 to 10 win against Nambucca Heads Roosters.

"We've been training hard on a couple of new plays at training and they were pulled off in the game for at least two of the tries," he said.

"He's only under-18s and he's got a lot to learn. He's going to be a very good footballer," McLennan said.

"He'll eventually be a backrower. He's just solid in everything he does. He doesn't whinge and just does his job."

While Collett is the only Ghost in the side, South Grafton has five with Thomas McGrady, Luke Roberts, Nick McGrady, Lionel Johnson and Dane O'Connor all selected.

The Under-18s will play in a series of matches against Group 3 and NRRRL from which the North Coast Dolphins side will be selected.

After the Under-18s matches Group 2 and Group 3 will go head to head in the opens at 3.30pm.

The trio of Ben McLennan, Adam Slater and Matt Muller represent the Ghost contingent. Roy Bell, Hugh Stanley, Anthony Cowan and Chris Carr will be in action for South Grafton.

interesting. Titans U20's contract for him it is then

mdrew
04-05-15, 12:18 PM
The Group 2 U18 side comprehensively beat Group 3 recently. Just to add Thomas McGrady has already scored 5 tries in two rounds in the locel U18 competition (which is probably the strongest in NSW country), he has some real flair and unpredictably about him. Dylan Collett recently scored a hat trick in first grade as well.

The Group 2 U18 side was named late last week, a few very talented boys that the titans are/should be looking at. They include twin brothers Thomas and Nicholas McGrady (South Grafton), both outside backs, winger Dylan Collett (Grafton Ghosts) who is already playing 1st grade. Dion Delevante (Sawtell), Liam Kelly-Wynne (Coss-Harbour) and Sione Fangupo (Sawtell) are also handy players. We have had success with the region, such as Anthony Coleman, Anthony Don, Sam and Max Elliott, Brian Kelly, David Mead, Kevin Gordon etc, so hopefully a few more coming in the next few years.

mdrew
06-05-15, 06:21 AM
Congratulations to Max Dowd Daruis Farmer and Ben Thomas for making the QLd U16's side.

mdrew
07-05-15, 06:58 AM
A number of Titans boys have made the Greater Northern Tigers junior representative sides for the NSW Country championships coming up. Centre/backrow Elijah Rasiga has made the U16 side and fullback Corey Alexander, half Mitch Lennon, backrower Phillip Quinlan and centre John Boy Quinlan have made the U18 side. Both Alexander and Phillip Quinlan have two years of eligibility left for the U18’s.

I note that John Boy Quinlan has played a little bit of 5/8 in first grade this year.

mdrew
07-05-15, 09:46 AM
Centre, five eight Jack Jefferies from Inverell is also in the U18 side, he is also eligible for U18’s again next year. He was one of a number of young players from the Armidale/Inverell area that spent some time on the Gold Coast late last year. Each year the Titans run a schoolboy challenge in the area where the best players from Inverell and Armidale play each other over a number of age groups (from U13’s to U16’s), with the most impressive of the players coming up to the coast for a development camp, including meeting members of the first grade side. Last year around 20 players came up.

There was talk that the challenge was to spread to area’s such as Farrar/Glen Innes etc. It is a good initiative from the Titans and should start bearing fruit as early as next year, with one or two players possibly in line for NYC contracts.

mdrew
08-05-15, 06:14 AM
Congratulations to half Tahne Robinson and second row Nicholas Morrisey for making the East Coast Dolphins U16 sdie for the upcoming NSW country championships

mdrew
08-05-15, 06:38 AM
The EAst Coast Dolphins U16 side also includes a very impressive young front rower, Izaiah Barker he has recently moved up to Cudgen from Kempsey to attend PBC, one to keep an eye on

mdrew
10-05-15, 08:54 AM
Good to see Ethan Kane score for the Group 18 U15 side in the NSW Country championships, unfortunately Group 18 went down, but Ethan Kane is certainly one to watch out for. Also South Coast U15's are in the final today of the U15 Qld schools competition. Plenty of Titans boys on show

- - - Updated - - -

South Coast U15 defeated Met North was is no mean feat. Tannah Boyd and Geordie Brand were amongst the scorers, as was Dennis Waight.

- - - Updated - - -

South Coast have also beat Pennesula and Norther West and play Capricornia in the final this afternoon.

mdrew
10-05-15, 09:05 AM
Front rower David butler one of the best scoring two tries yesterday, billy moser was named player of the match, second row lizaya iti also very good. Ipswich second rower tommy wolf has worked hard for met west. Things are looking good for cc sides in 2016. I will post south coast side later

mdrew
10-05-15, 11:40 AM
Front rower Antonio Nelu scored and backrower Tommy Wolf kicked a goal for Met West to finish fifth in the QSSRL U15 tournament

mdrew
10-05-15, 12:48 PM
Kobe Tararo, Ethan Paikea, Tyrone Roberts-Davis, Payne Haas and AJ Brimson are all in the U18 South Coast side for their competition coming up as well

mdrew
10-05-15, 06:18 PM
Well done to SOuth Coast U15's for winning QSSRL final this afternoon

- - - Updated - - -

South Coast boys to make the two Qld U15 sides are:

Maroon - Billy Mozer, Ioane Seiuli, David Fifita, David Butler, Iizaya Iti, Jonothon Siofele, Sebastian Winters-Chang, Tanah Boyd, Geordie Brand, Laz William Sua.
White - Reno Gerrard, Phransis Sula-Siosi, Julian Knap

A number are Titans boys

mdrew
11-05-15, 07:16 AM
South Coast U15’s won the final 30 – 4, with Tannah Boyd, Phransis Siaosi, Ronan Kapi, Jonathan Siofele and Taine Henry scoring, with Boyd getting a double.

The South Coast squad was:

Tanah Boyd
Phransis Siaosi
Ronan Kapi
Jonathan Siofele
Taine Henry
Daejarn Asi
Dennis Waight
Reno Gerrard
David Butler
Sebastian Winters-Chang
Jordan Champion
Julian Knap
Lazeryth Sua
Ioane Seiuli
Iizaya Ranga Iti
Geordie Brand
David Fifita
Billy Mozer
Blake Campbell

mdrew
12-05-15, 06:05 AM
Story on Sam Elliot winning the Mat Rogers medal, should join his brother in NYC next year and is a very similiar player.

http://www.northernstar.com.au/news/sam-at-the-top-of-the-pile/2631978/

mdrew
12-05-15, 06:56 AM
Congratulations also to Tommy Wolf for making the Qld White U15 side. A few other Titans boys from Ipswich were very unlucky to miss out. Well done to all.

Deville
13-05-15, 11:12 AM
I was at the seq divisional champs over the weekend the u13 stingers red team was all class
Fowards were big n mobile n backs had a good structure.. Their(rixson andrew) fullback dominated the carnival
Pretty sure hes in the development programe... One to watch neway.

mdrew
13-05-15, 12:16 PM
Thanks mate that is good to here, I believe that he scored 6 or 7 tries over the three games. GC Vikings U13’s finished second and GC Vikings U14’s finished top of the table.

Deville
13-05-15, 01:05 PM
Think he got 8 all up. Talented kid hope he stays in the programe i hear his in
The donkeys developement too. The kid in centre for stingers red was good too
Lucas i dont know his last name solid up n in defender n runs like the wind. I hope
A development officer or scout has picked em up if they havent already.

- - - Updated - - -

Was very impressed with u13 gc vikings first game against stingers white they thoroughly dominated a much bigger forward pack a set a platform for the halves stand out for gc for me was there lock hits very hard and strong ball carrier for his size hes not the biggest but gotta lot of heart n determination.

mdrew
13-05-15, 01:23 PM
Brendan Piakura is the young bloke that I think you are referring too

Deville
13-05-15, 01:31 PM
Thats the guy reminds me of a mat rua type heavy hitter

TITAN PETE
13-05-15, 07:51 PM
Kobe Tararo, Ethan Paikea, Tyrone Roberts-Davis, Payne Haas and AJ Brimson are all in the U18 South Coast side for their competition coming up as well

Ethan is close to zero chance of playing he has a major knee problem

mdrew
14-05-15, 06:55 AM
A grand total of 27 players from the Gold Coast region has made the U13 and U14 South East Queensland train on squads for possible selection in SEQ sides. A few other Titans boys from Ipswich and Stingers sides such as Quentin Vuaau, also made the extended squads. Well done to all.

mdrew
16-05-15, 03:01 PM
GL and Keanu dawson scored for Burleigh Colts in their blowout win against Easts Tigers

mdrew
17-05-15, 01:11 PM
Tyronne Roberts-Davies scored a double and also kicked a goal in QCup colts debut, helping lead Seagulls Colts to victory

RenegadeGC
17-05-15, 02:02 PM
Tyronne Roberts-Davies scored a double and also kicked a goal in QCup colts debut, helping lead Seagulls Colts to victory

He must be going very close to making his debut for NYC 20s soon??

Hail Sezer
17-05-15, 06:18 PM
He must be going very close to making his debut for NYC 20s soon??

Surely. Carty injuring himself may open the door up there as well if he isn't right v rabbitohs