PDA

View Full Version : Laurie Daley new Blues coach

Chaos
21-08-12, 01:00 PM
Former New South Wales five-eighth Laurie Daley named Blues coach for next two Origin series

Daley was given the nod ahead of Brad Fittler and Trent Barrett to take over the role vacated by Ricky Stuart.

Stuart, who quit the role after taking control of Parramatta.

Daley has been coach of the NSW Country Origin team for the past two years.

He has also taken charge of the NRL Indigenous All Stars side.

The Blues have lost the past seven State of Origin series.

foxsports

Chaos
21-08-12, 01:03 PM
Well that will take us to 9 in a row...it's starting to look like Big Mal was on the money, when he said we'd win the next 10 years

Sydney Titans Fanatic
21-08-12, 07:36 PM
Seriously New South Wales are becoming a joke...Its like NSW start again every 2-3 years just as there starting to get there...It will be ten for Queensland soon enough

DIEHARD
21-08-12, 07:38 PM
I really dont rate Daley, this is his chance to live or die as a coach. Well maybe not, I dont think Mal would cut it as a NRL coach.

Good for Queensland!

Rage
21-08-12, 08:47 PM
I was gutted but optimistic for next year when the Blues lost by one point this year. Now I'm just gutted.

DIEHARD
21-08-12, 08:58 PM
I was gutted but optimistic for next year when the Blues lost by one point this year. Now I'm just gutted.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_leftlcc6W71qf8yek.gif

Smakked
21-08-12, 11:50 PM
Yep all over for the Blues
Wont be good for origin either becuase of it IMO

Chaos
22-08-12, 11:50 AM
Steve Jancetic AAP Wed, Aug 22, 2012 - 11:41 AM

Newly-appointed NSW coach Laurie Daley says he wants former Blues' mentor Ricky Stuart to play a significant role in his attempt to wrest the State of Origin shield back from Queensland.

Confirmed on Tuesday as the man to lead the Blues for the next two campaigns, Daley said he would lean heavily on Stuart - who was unable to break Queensland's seven-year stranglehold on the series while in charge the past two years.

Stuart gave up the post when he signed on to be Parramatta's NRL coach in 2013, Daley admitting his former Canberra teammate's involvement would only be limited by his commitments to the Eels.

"We're planning on meeting later this week - he'll have a huge influence on next year's series," Daley said of Stuart.

"While he won't be the coach, I've already indicated to him that I want him to be a big part of the team and, time permitting, he'll give me everything that I need.

"For me, that gives me a great deal of confidence.

"We're great mates - we go back a long way. I would love nothing more than to win and Ricky still be on board.

"Ricky over the last two years has created something special within this group of men and I'm looking to finish off that job."

Daley said it was still too early to say whether he would stick with the nucleus of players which narrowly failed to dethrone the Maroons in this year's series, though he did indicate he was hoping to retain the majority of Stuart's support staff in 2013.

Chaos
22-08-12, 11:56 AM
Daley: Ricky HELP...what do I do?

Titanic
22-08-12, 12:07 PM
You Blues cry babies should look at history for solace = Mal Meninga, nuffy NRL coach and team mate of Laurie Daley ... maybe there was something in the water but Queenslanders felt/feel the same with Meninga.

Ryan
22-08-12, 12:09 PM
Daley: Ricky HELP...what do I do?

Ricky: "How the **** should I know?"
Craig: "Don't look at me!"
Gus: "No No No No No!"
Mal: "LOL"

Chaos
22-08-12, 12:34 PM
We shouldn't laugh at them too much...they have feelings

What kind of advice do you think Daley will give...he might coach in a similar style to his commentary.
His attacking advice might be real technical like...you can't afford...to drop the ball...when in possession

He's not wrong when he says this

Titanic
22-08-12, 02:42 PM
This secret inner-sanctum tactical advice is mind-blowingly enlightening.

Sydney Titans Fanatic
24-08-12, 12:37 AM
Fittler a better fit for NSW: Raudonikis
nrl.com

Back in Tommy Raudonikis' day, "player management" was probably code for belting an opponent.

But the legendary rugby league hardman now believes it is the key to NSW's Origin revival - and why Brad Fittler rather than Laurie Daley should have replaced Ricky Stuart as Blues coach.

The inaugural NSW Origin captain tried many - usually unorthodox - ways to inspire his troops, including during a stint from 1997-98 as Blues coach.

A favourite was stabbing an ox's heart to the dressing room wall - "you blokes don't know what a heart is - there it is" - and who can forget the infamous "cattledog" call, certainly not a battered Andrew Johns.

Indeed Raudonikis would happily take up the Blues reins again next year despite his - hopefully - tongue-in-cheek complaint that last time as NSW coach officials "wanted me to wear socks, and undies" to press conferences.

But now the ex-Kangaroos skipper believes the player management approach adopted so successfully by Queensland's Mal Meninga was NSW's only hope - and reckoned Fittler was a better fit for the Blues.

"I probably would have preferred Freddy (Fittler)," Raudonikis said on Thursday.

"I just think Freddy can get on with blokes. In State of Origin you don't have to coach players.

"They know how to play football. They are the best players in the world. You don't have to tell them what to do.

"You have to get the best out of the players and we haven't done that in seven years."

Raudonikis still threw his support behind Daley and backed Stuart remaining in the NSW support staff next year.

"I think Laurie will go well. I am behind him 100 per cent - and if he wants a little bit of advice I will give it to him, maybe bring the cattledog call back," he laughed.

"But I think if I was allowed to speak to the players half of them would leave.

"I thought Ricky did a good job and maybe they should have over-ruled that rule and let him stay on (as NSW coach) even though he is at Parramatta next year - all rules can be bent, I should know."

However, the man who led Western Suburbs' infamous face-slapping session in the late 1970s sounded like he wanted to do the same to Stuart for his recent claim NSW were the better side despite losing a seventh straight Origin series.

"Look at the result. You have to win games, not come out and say you are unlucky," he said.

"Last time we got close but the score flattered us."

Never afraid to bring back the biff, Raudonikis hoped the Blues had learned from the Origin I brawl sparked by NSW centre Michael Jennings' "king hit" on Brent Tate.

"Our boys went hiding after that blue. They didn't stand up and they (Queensland) won the game - we still have to aim up in that department," he said.
Back in Tommy Raudonikis' day, "player management" was probably code for belting an opponent.

But the legendary rugby league hardman now believes it is the key to NSW's Origin revival - and why Brad Fittler rather than Laurie Daley should have replaced Ricky Stuart as Blues coach.

The inaugural NSW Origin captain tried many - usually unorthodox - ways to inspire his troops, including during a stint from 1997-98 as Blues coach.

A favourite was stabbing an ox's heart to the dressing room wall - "you blokes don't know what a heart is - there it is" - and who can forget the infamous "cattledog" call, certainly not a battered Andrew Johns.

Indeed Raudonikis would happily take up the Blues reins again next year despite his - hopefully - tongue-in-cheek complaint that last time as NSW coach officials "wanted me to wear socks, and undies" to press conferences.

But now the ex-Kangaroos skipper believes the player management approach adopted so successfully by Queensland's Mal Meninga was NSW's only hope - and reckoned Fittler was a better fit for the Blues.

"I probably would have preferred Freddy (Fittler)," Raudonikis said on Thursday.

"I just think Freddy can get on with blokes. In State of Origin you don't have to coach players.

"They know how to play football. They are the best players in the world. You don't have to tell them what to do.

"You have to get the best out of the players and we haven't done that in seven years."

Raudonikis still threw his support behind Daley and backed Stuart remaining in the NSW support staff next year.

"I think Laurie will go well. I am behind him 100 per cent - and if he wants a little bit of advice I will give it to him, maybe bring the cattledog call back," he laughed.

"But I think if I was allowed to speak to the players half of them would leave.

"I thought Ricky did a good job and maybe they should have over-ruled that rule and let him stay on (as NSW coach) even though he is at Parramatta next year - all rules can be bent, I should know."

However, the man who led Western Suburbs' infamous face-slapping session in the late 1970s sounded like he wanted to do the same to Stuart for his recent claim NSW were the better side despite losing a seventh straight Origin series.

"Look at the result. You have to win games, not come out and say you are unlucky," he said.

"Last time we got close but the score flattered us."

Never afraid to bring back the biff, Raudonikis hoped the Blues had learned from the Origin I brawl sparked by NSW centre Michael Jennings' "king hit" on Brent Tate.

"Our boys went hiding after that blue. They didn't stand up and they (Queensland) won the game - we still have to aim up in that department," he said.

C-Whiz
24-08-12, 05:39 PM
Ricky: "How the **** should I know?"
Craig: "Don't look at me!"
Gus: "No No No No No!"
Mal: "LOL"
:laugh: Nice work as usual Ryan.

Personally, as a Queenslander, if we were to lose the next series, I would actually be quite chuffed if the Blues won it under the guidance of Laurie Daley. I like the guy. And I'd love to see the explaining from all the previous coaches and Monday morning experts as to how/why all the previous coaches failed.

C-Whiz
24-08-12, 05:40 PM
And at least Laurie will finally have his own chair on the sideline. :p

Chaos
24-08-12, 05:56 PM
And at least Laurie will finally have his own chair on the sideline. :p

haha...i think that was the funniest thing I've ever seen on live TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfGkJ24M6QM

C-Whiz
27-08-12, 04:14 PM
haha...i think that was the funniest thing I've ever seen on live TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfGkJ24M6QMHaha, I like the link. Somehow I managed to miss that Roast.

Doesn't he just look so awkward when it happened. It never gets old. :laugh:

Sydney Titans Fanatic
27-08-12, 08:39 PM
hahaha awww dont you feel sorry for him....that would of been so embarrising lol

DIEHARD
28-08-12, 12:29 AM
Oh god bless you for posting that and mentioning it!

Its the first thing I think of when I think Laurie Daley and State of Origin!!

Sydney Titans Fanatic
28-08-12, 01:43 PM
i think laurie dailey is gonna fail...Hes just another blues tosser

Coaster
03-09-12, 05:10 PM
hahahah

love that video,

Daley is a tosser