PDA

View Full Version : Round 25: Penrith Panthers vs Gold Coast Titans

DIEHARD
19-08-12, 06:42 PM
Penrith Panthers vs Gold Coast Titans

Titanic
19-08-12, 08:26 PM
Message to coaching staff and players: rugby league is a 13 man game, please ensure that the correct numbers of players take the field prior to the kick off of each half.

DIEHARD
19-08-12, 08:53 PM
Message to coaching staff and players: rugby league is a 13 man game, please ensure that the correct numbers of players take the field prior to the kick off of each half.

That was unbelievable, never seen anything like that!

teke
19-08-12, 08:57 PM
Message to coaching staff and players: rugby league is a 13 man game, please ensure that the correct numbers of players take the field prior to the kick off of each half.He was doing a number 2 :D

Titanic
19-08-12, 11:18 PM
Surely he could tell Cartwright: excuse me number one, I have to have a number 2, could you tell number 14, that we won't have a number 13 for the first 3 and we can't start with 12 too.

teke
19-08-12, 11:58 PM
Surely he could tell Cartwright: excuse me number one, I have to have a number 2, could you tell number 14, that we won't have a number 13 for the first 3 and we can't start with 12 too.I made it up but it might have been true. You wouldnt lose an interchange for that...make em wait for the nature call :D

Smakked
20-08-12, 01:57 AM
Good guess teke
http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/gold-coast-titans-forward-ashley-harrison-late-for-second-half-due-to-trip-to-toilet/story-fn2mcuj6-1226453688664

patskE
20-08-12, 06:51 PM
listen to the audio... prince said it as a joke
but at the end he says quietly, nah harro was having some toe problems, he was getting it strapped, i.e. the one he broke...

gotitans101
20-08-12, 07:45 PM
listen to the audio... prince said it as a joke
but at the end he says quietly, nah harro was having some toe problems, he was getting it strapped, i.e. the one he broke...

Yep this.

As far as this game goes, we shouldn't have a problem beating the Panthers.

Boofhead
21-08-12, 01:03 PM
Titans name 18-man squad against Penrith
Adam Gardini | Tuesday 21 August 2012

http://staticnrl.sportalhosting.com/site/_content/LeadImage/00042532-leadimage.jpg

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans have added prop Brenton Lawrence to an 18-man squad for Saturday’s afternoon’s important clash against the Penrith Panthers at Centrebet Stadium.

Jetstar Titans Coach John Cartwright today named the same 17-man squad which registered the club’s 10th win of the season with a 24-16 victory over Parramatta last weekend, with Lawrence added to an extended five-man interchange bench.

The match will mark a milestone for workhorse Nate Myles, who will play his 150th NRL game against the Panthers.

A win against the Panthers would keep the club’s finals hopes alive heading into the final round clash against premiers Manly at Skilled Park on Saturday, September 1.

The Titans have won three of six previous clashes against the Panthers, with the clubs also split at one game each in their only two previous meetings at Centrebet Stadium.

Jetstar Titans vs Panthers
Saturday, August 25 | 3.30pm – Centrebet Stadium

1. William Zillman
2. Kevin Gordon
3. Jamal Idris
4. Steve Michaels
5. David Mead
6. Aidan Sezer
7. Scott Prince (c)
8. Nate Myles
9. Matt Srama
10. Luke Douglas
11. Greg Bird
12. Ben Ridge
13. Ashley Harrison

14. Matthew White
15. Mark Minichiello
16. Luke O’Dwyer
17. Beau Falloon
18. Brenton Lawrence

http://www.titans.com.au/news-display/Titans-name-18man-squad-against-Penrith/62178

Rage
21-08-12, 01:13 PM
Oh no not the dreaded milestone curse...

TITAN PETE
21-08-12, 01:31 PM
Oh no not the dreaded milestone curse...

Greg Inglis had never lost a match in his career against the Sharks before last weekend :surprise:

We are due for that Milestone curse to be broken :eyebrows:

karnage
21-08-12, 02:46 PM
There is already a round 26 game thread for the home clash with Manly BEFORE we get this game out of the way.

THAT IS BAD KARMA!!!!

That game will be meaningless if we don't win in Penrith. This is a final this weekend and we should not be taking our eyes off the ball.

Boofhead
21-08-12, 04:05 PM
Panthers NRL Team List - Round 25 v Titans
Tuesday 21 August 2012

Michael Jennings and Brad Tighe return to the centres for the Panthers, while Nigel Plum comes into the starting side after a huge defensive effort last week.

Matt Robinson, Travis Robinson and Adam Docker have all been named on an extended bench, while Tom Eisenhuth drops out of the squad.

PENRITH PANTHERS v TITANS
Round 25, 2012 NRL Premiership
Saturday, August 25, 2012
NRL Kick-Off 3:30pm
Centrebet Stadium
Twitter Game Tag: #NRLPENGLD

1. Michael GORDON
2. Josh MANSOUR
3. Michael JENNINGS
4. Brad TIGHE
5. David SIMMONS
6. Lachlan COOTE
7. Luke WALSH
8. Sam McKENDRY
9. Kevin KINGSTON (c)
10. Tim GRANT
11. Clint NEWTON
12. Cameron CIRALDO
13. Nigel PLUM

14. Dayne WESTON
15. Mitch ACHURCH
16. Matt ROBINSON
17. Adam DOCKER
18. Travis ROBINSON

http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news-display/Panthers-NRL-Team-List--Round-25-v-Titans/62176

Titanic
21-08-12, 05:41 PM
They are a danger side for us.

Sydney Titans Fanatic
21-08-12, 08:24 PM
After melbourne i Cant wait to head out to penrith for this game...never been to penrith... get the drums crackin at penrith yew!!

DIEHARD
21-08-12, 08:42 PM
After melbourne i Cant wait to head out to penrith for this game...never been to penrith... get the drums crackin at penrith yew!!

Really? Never been? It's not too bad. I've been once and we won!

Sydney Titans Fanatic
21-08-12, 08:44 PM
if its a first for me its generally a curse...LOL DIEHARD...maybe i shouldnt go

DIEHARD
21-08-12, 09:06 PM
if its a first for me its generally a curse...LOL DIEHARD...maybe i shouldnt go

Oh Im prepared to take that risk! You should come to the October Test with me in Townsville, I got a spare ticket!

DIEHARD
21-08-12, 09:08 PM
Titans name 18-man squad against Penrith

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans have added prop Brenton Lawrence to an 18-man squad for Saturday afternoon’s important clash against the Penrith Panthers at Centrebet Stadium.

Jetstar Titans Coach John Cartwright today named the same 17-man squad which registered the club’s 10th win of the season with a 24-16 victory over Parramatta last weekend, with Lawrence added to an extended five-man interchange bench.

"We always take 18 away," said Cartwright. "But we're pretty confident 1-17 will be okay."

After the players were granted two days off from training in the wake of Sunday's win, Cartwright said he was hopeful the playing group would come back fresh this weekend, particularly players carrying some niggling injuries.

"To be honest with you, there's guys out there who shouldn't be playing but are, in effect we've only had one day off, Mondays are generally very light so we decided to give them that extra day,'' he said.

"It's a six day turn around but we'll still get two ball sessions in before the Penrith game."

The match will mark a milestone for workhorse Nate Myles, who will play his 150th NRL game against the Panthers.

"To play one game in the NRL is a dream for every kid, to play 150 is a special honour and he's been tremendous for us this year so it'd be nice to give him a win on that special occasion,'' said Cartwright.

"I think there's a certain point when you can't get any tougher and I think he's one of those guys for sure."

A win against the Panthers would keep the club’s finals hopes alive heading into the final round clash against premiers Manly at Skilled Park on Saturday, September 1.

"It's must win, we've been on a knife's edge now for probably the last 10 games, we've won the majority of those but we're at a point now if we want to go any further than the 26 rounds we've got to win our last two."
The Titans have won three of six previous clashes against the Panthers, with the clubs also split at one game each in their only two previous meetings at Centrebet Stadium.

http://www.titans.com.au

DIEHARD
21-08-12, 09:15 PM
Titans wary of Panthers

Neck surgery has ruled out Luke Lewis from his farewell home game for Penrith on Saturday but Gold Coast Titans coach John Cartwright still feels he will be a factor in their must-win NRL clash.

Cartwright feared an "emotional" Panthers would be hell bent on providing a fitting send-off for Lewis at Centrebet Stadium despite the classy utility not being named on Tuesday.

It is hardly an ideal scenario for the Titans (10th; 10-12 record) who need to win their final two regular season games to be a finals chance.

"No doubt there will be some sort of recognition down there for him after what he has given to the club," Cartwright said of the Cronulla-bound Lewis who is not expected to play for Penrith again after his second neck operation last week.

"It's their last game at home and they have some players moving on so it is always an emotional day.

"Hopefully in the end we have more to play for than them."

Second-last Penrith's upset 18-16 last round win condemned the New Zealand Warriors to their sixth straight loss, ensuring coach Brian McClennan was cut with two regular season games still left.

It ensured Cartwright was more than wary of the Panthers doing the same to their finals hopes this weekend.

"It is hard to understand why they are sitting where they are," he said.

"They look like a very dangerous side and winning form is good form."

The match will mark the 150th game for form Titans forward Nate Myles who has been touted as the Gold Coast's best buy thanks to a breakthrough 2012.

"He has been tremendous for us this year. It would be nice to give him a win on that special occasion," Cartwright said.

"You get to a point where you can't get any tougher - he is one of those guys for sure."

Cartwright on Tuesday added prop Brenton Lawrence to the 17 that downed the Eels last round for Saturday's Centrebet Stadium showdown.

http://news.smh.com.au/

teke
22-08-12, 12:33 AM
We should fair dinkum pummel this side.

Coote has been going alright at 5/8 but our rep backrow should just hammer and smother him out of the game. Make his first game against us this year look like a good one compared to this Saturdays :D

teke
22-08-12, 01:35 PM
I didnt know where to ask this Question but does anyone know who is leading the footy tipping...

:D

TITAN PETE
22-08-12, 04:07 PM
Panthers v Titans preview

RSS
Ben Blaschke NRL.com Wed, Aug 22, 2012 - 2:44 PM

Penrith Panthers v Gold Coast Titans
Centrebet Stadium
Saturday 3.30pm

A huge game for the Gold Coast looms this weekend with victory against the Panthers potentially propelling them into the top eight for just the third time this season (having sat first after their opening round win over North Queensland and eighth for a week in Round 21).

Currently two points outside the top eight but one of five teams still in the hunt for the two remaining finals berths, the Titans boast the better of the NRL draw this weekend and will have pencilled in a win over Penrith as a must as they look to chase down the pack.

Key to their progression up the ladder is the fact that the three sides sitting just two points above them in seventh, eighth and ninth all face tough outings this weekend – Brisbane heading to Manly, Wests Tigers facing the Roosters without skipper Robbie Farah and Canberra hosting competition favourites Canterbury.

Four wins from their past six matches has been the catalyst for the Gold Coast’s rise and with Greg Bird, Ashley Harrison, William Zillman and Nate Myles all having returned in recent weeks they certainly boast the squad to make a late push for a finals spot.

Then again, Penrith are no longer the directionless unit they have been for much of the season and will take plenty of confidence from their come-from-behind victory away to the Warriors last Sunday.

It’s been a tough year for Panthers fans. Having struggled on the field all season, they have also seen star fullback Michael Gordon and captain Luke Lewis sign on with Cronulla for 2013, with rumours rife of player discontent.

Yet they appear to have put that behind them now with the club determined to set a good platform for next season by finishing this year strong.

Gordon’s return from injury at fullback has provided a huge boost in recent weeks while coach Ivan Cleary may well have pulled off a master-stroke by moving Lachlan Coote into the halves following the lengthy suspension of five-eighth Travis Burns.

With Penrith still desperate to avoid the wooden spoon and perhaps even move a few more rungs up the ladder, this isn’t the easy task it may once have been for the Gold Coast.

The Panthers welcome back both centres Michael Jennings (suspension) and Brad Tighe (injury) this week, with Josh Mansour moving back to the wing, Travis Robinson returning to a five-man bench and Tom Eisenhuth dropping out. Nigel Plum moves into the starting side at lock.

The Gold Coast will head into the clash with the same squad that downed Parramatta last week with Brenton Lawrence added to a five-man bench.

Panthers captain Kevin Kingston is poised to become the first Penrith player in NRL history to record 1000 tackles in a season, needing just 24 more to reach the milestone. Kingston has made no fewer than 37 tackles in any match this year and averages 48.8.

Watch Out Panthers: Nate Myles has made a huge difference to the Gold Coast since returning from injury a month ago. Already averaging 120 metres per game in 2012, he has boosted his involvement even further since being moved to the front row (in place of the injured Luke Bailey) having run for 142 and 165 metres respectively against Melbourne and Parramatta.

Danger Sign: Gold Coast’s back three are masters at starting a set of six with forward momentum, averaging more metres per kick return than any other side in the competition. The Storm’s back three – William Zillman, Kevin Gordon and David Mead – have averaged 12.4 metres per run and rank third in the NRL for average metres gained per match.

Watch Out Titans: The Gold Coast’s right-side defence can expect a working over this Saturday given just how heavily the Panthers favour their left edge with the ball in hand. Penrith have scored 37 tries on their left but just 16 on their right this season – Michael Jennings leading the way with eight tries and 11 line-breaks.

Danger Sign: Errors have been the bane of Titans coach John Cartwright’s existence this season and could again come back to hurt them if they continue turning the ball over this weekend. The Gold Coast have made a worrying 260 errors in 2012 – the worst record in the Telstra Premiership when it comes to respecting the football.

Michael Gordon v William Zillman: Two players who have sparked their sides to life at various stages of the year, Gordon and Zillman will again be heavily involved this weekend. Gordon has averaged 171 metres per game since returning four weeks ago while Zillman has averaged 130 metres for the season and leads his club for tackle-breaks with 82.

Where It Will Be Won: The forward battle will be brutal. Penrith’s representative props Tm Grant and Sam McKendry have been among their side’s best all season, while the Titans’ pairing of Nate Myles and Luke Douglas – combined with Origin back-rowers Greg Bird and Ashley Harrison – form one of the most imposing packs in the NRL.

The History: Played 6; Panthers 3, Titans 3. Nothing separates these sides with one win apiece at Centrebet Stadium.

The Last Time They Met: The Gold Coast secured a comfortable 36-18 win over the Panthers at Skilled Park in Round 15.

A first-half blitz was the key to victory for the home side who raced to an 18-0 lead at the break and led 30-0 soon afterwards before three late Penrith tries added some respectability to the scoreline.

Aidan Sezer kicked off proceedings after 10 minutes after a towering Scott Prince bomb was grabbed by Kevin Gordon who offloaded for the young five-eighth to score.

The Panthers looked like they might score 18 minutes later as they broke away up-field, but a Scott Prince intercept turned the game on its head as he offloaded to David Mead who showed all his customary speed in racing 70 metres to score. And six minutes later it was another turnover that hurt Penrith, with Lachlan Coote dropping the pill out wide and Steve Michaels swooping to run 50 metres for a try.

The Panthers needed to strike first in the second half but instead it was Sezer scoring his second with a 15-metre run straight up the middle to touch down unopposed.

It was game, set and match just minutes later when Brenton Lawrence raced onto a Ben Ridge offload before stepping both Coote and Luke Walsh in a 35-metre run to the line.

The visitors finally broke the drought with Walsh placing a perfect grubber behind the line for Arana Taumata to score; however any thoughts of a late comeback were extinguished with another long-range try as Mead raced clear to send Luke O’Dwyer across.

Late tries to Cameron Ciraldo and Ryan Simpkins closed the final gap to 18 points.

The Titans ran for a whopping 1910 metres to Penrith’s 1331, with 39 missed tackles and 15 errors not helping the latter’s cause.

William Zillman was impressive at the back for the Gold Coast with 193 metres and seven tackle-breaks. Michael Jennings was strong for Penrith with 153 metres, 15 tackles and two tackle-breaks.

Match Officials: Referees – Gavin Badger & Steve Lyons; Sideline Officials – Ricky MacFarlane & David Abood; Video Referee – Pat Reynolds & Jason Robinson.

The Way We See It: This is a tough one for the Gold Coast, who will pay the price if they travel to the foot of the mountains with one eye already fixed on their Round 26 clash with Manly. In fact, we expect this to be a particularly tight contest but with the finals berth on offer the Titans should boast a tad too much class for their rivals. Titans by six points.

Televised: Fox Sports 2 – Live 3.30pm.

TITAN PETE
22-08-12, 04:09 PM
Panthers v Titans

Televised: Fox Sports 2 ? Live 3.30pm.

Only just realised the starting time :surprise:

C-Whiz
22-08-12, 04:45 PM
I think people might be overestimating the teams hunger for making the 8 and underestimating the Panthers desire to avoid the spoon.

I see no reason why we shouldn't win this match, but i saw no reason why we didn't put the Eels to the sword before halftime.

I am optimistic, and a win is a win at this stage, but I would expect the Panthers will be just as keen for a win and arguably have more to play for.

decentrix
22-08-12, 06:34 PM
The Storm?s back three ? William Zillman, Kevin Gordon and David Mead ? have averaged 12.4 metres per run and rank third in the NRL for average metres gained per match.

Did we have a name change? :)

shamus
22-08-12, 08:19 PM
The Storm’s back three – William Zillman, Kevin Gordon and David Mead –

Huh?

Bugger...Didn't see ya post Pete, and I can't delete..

Sydney Titans Fanatic
22-08-12, 09:38 PM
Oh Im prepared to take that risk! You should come to the October Test with me in Townsville, I got a spare ticket!

if you got a spare tticket im in:)

Sydney Titans Fanatic
22-08-12, 09:39 PM
Only just realised the starting time :surprise:

i think its the first time this season in australia

teke
23-08-12, 01:05 AM
I am optimistic, and a win is a win at this stage, but I would expect the Panthers will be just as keen for a win and arguably have more to play for....panthers will put up a little bit of fight but like the eels match I dont think us fans will be nervous at any stage.

TITAN PETE
23-08-12, 10:32 AM
Myles cleared for 150th NRL game

RSS
Laine Clark AAP Wed, Aug 22, 2012 - 5:36 PM

By rights, Gold Coast forward Nate Myles shouldn't be celebrating his 150th NRL game against Penrith in their must-win clash on Saturday.

The bruising forward has been crashing through the pain barrier for two months due to a persistent sternum injury, with Titans coach claiming Myles is one of several players who "shouldn't be playing but they are" as the finals race heats up.

Myles called himself "a bit of a drama queen" on Wednesday, but fewat the Titans doubt his bravery in what has been a remarkable debut year on the tourist strip.

Although he missed training on Wednesday, the Queensland Origin star confirmed he'll lead the Titans' pack in the absence of Luke Bailey (Achilles) for this weekend's clash with Penrith.

Clearly discomforted at times by his injury, Myles's pain will be dulled somewhat if he can inspire another win for the top eight hopefuls against the Panthers.

"Being a bit of a drama queen fatigue kicks in a lot. And I am getting old," the 27-year-old said of his injury.

"There would be a few in each side that wouldn't be playing if it wasn't at the business end of the season.

"It's that time of year when you are lucky to get to the end of the week.

"But of all the big games this year (they have played), this (Penrith) would be the biggest."

Myles has been touted as the Gold Coast's best buy thanks to a remarkable 2012 - something few saw coming just 12 months ago.

Sacked by the Sydney Roosters after breaking a booze ban, Myles was considered such a bad influence that he was denied a heartfelt request to play one final game with the tri-colours before heading north.

Now Myles is the key to a last gasp Titans finals berth that would cap a year in which he also took out the Wally Lewis Medal as Queensland's Origin player of the series.

His rollercoaster ride has ensured Myles never took anything for granted since his NRL debut for the Bulldogs in 2005 - especially playing 150 games.

"I never look that far ahead. I actually thought it was next week," said Myles of his milestone.

"I think anyone who goes to a new club has something to prove. I have enjoyed the year but we've got some more work to do."

TITAN PETE
23-08-12, 10:41 AM
Myles is one tough bloke & will be that far in front for the Paul Broughton medal they probably had it engraved a month ago :salute:

TITAN PETE
23-08-12, 03:10 PM
Titans fight for a top-eight spot
Travis Meyn | 07:58am August 23, 2012

THE Titans have vowed to fight until the bitter end after it emerged punters have deserted them as they make a last-gasp run to the finals.

Time is the Titans' worst enemy, with the Gold Coast needing to win their final two matches to have any chance of making the top eight.

Their last-ditch effort begins on Saturday against the Panthers in Penrith and a win would set up a blockbuster clash against Manly at Skilled Park next weekend.

But two victories still wouldn't guarantee an elimination final for the Titans, who must also rely on other results falling their way, with five teams fighting for the last two remaining spots.

Wests Tigers currently occupy eighth position with Canberra ninth, two points ahead of the Titans.

The Gold Coast are in an unenviable position but star forward Greg Bird said it was the perfect test if the Titans were to feature in September action.

"I think it's a good thing. It's good that we've got the chance to be playing for a semi-finals spot," he said.

"We want three good wins in a row, starting last week (against Parramatta), and if we do that, we'll be in good stead to at least be a chance of winning one of the semi-finals.

"You don't want to be limping into the finals and getting knocked out first week.

"We want to go in with some form and if we can win three in a row, we'll have that."

Your Say
"Tough task but not impossible Ya just gotta keep winning!"
Luggsey
The perfect round 25 scenario for the Titans would see them beat Penrith, Manly beat Brisbane, Canterbury defeat Canberra, Sydney beat Wests and North Queensland dispose of Newcastle.

If that panned out, the Titans would jump into the eight and have the opportunity to hang on to that spot with a win against the Sea Eagles next Saturday.

But it is a tough assignment and they will need plenty of luck, according to Tattsbet's Gerard Daffy.

"I'd like to think they will (make it) but I think they're going to just miss," he said.

"Their biggest problem is they can win both games and quite possibly still miss on for-and-against. You'd think they'll be able to put away the Panthers this week and then it will boil down to that last game against Manly."

Betting on the make up of the top eight has gone cold in recent weeks, with punters staying away from the rollercoaster nature of the NRL.

Brisbane ($1.22) and Wests ($1.45) are favoured to make up 7th and 8th by the end of the regular season with Canberra ($2.65) and the Gold Coast ($4.50) behind them, followed by the Knights ($12).

"Our punters think they're going to battle to make it. They think the only team that can sneak in and change the current top eight is Canberra," Betfair's Matthew Thompson said. "They've had a good run but we think they've left it a bit too late.

"They've had a couple of games they should have won, particularly against lowly-placed teams."

TAB Sportsbet is holding a bet of $6000 on the Titans to make the top eight at $13 but spokesman Matt Jenkins said the agency was confident that wouldn't pan out.

"They're definitely an outside chance but we think they'll just miss out," he said.

If the Titans are to beat Penrith on Saturday and Manly next weekend, it is near certain points difference will decide eighth place and back-rower Mark Minichiello said it would be nice to post a few points against the Panthers.

"It could come down to the differential," he said.

"I think our for-and-against isn't too bad. (There were) a couple of tries on the weekend we could have stopped (against Parramatta) but we'll concentrate on that this week."

The Panthers welcome back NSW centre Michael Jennings from suspension this weekend while former Blues star and Tweed Heads product Michael Gordon has been electric at fullback since his return from a broken leg.

"It's do or die this week. If we lose, we can't make it," Minichiello said.

"All we're doing is concentrating on getting a win this weekend, then we'll think about next week."

Aidan Sezer was on restricted duties at training yesterday as he deals with a hip complaint but the Titans five-eighth appears certain to play.

Toads
23-08-12, 03:28 PM
The perfect round 25 scenario for the Titans would see them beat Penrith, Manly beat Brisbane, Canterbury defeat Canberra, Sydney beat Wests and North Queensland dispose of Newcastle.

There's the one that may bring us undone. Here's hoping it's not the case at all.. It's a bit of a bonus that Anthony was cleared of the charges.

DIEHARD
23-08-12, 06:19 PM
Myles would be such a worthy winner of the Paul Broughton Medal. Let's hope his 150th is a success!

DavidBouveng
23-08-12, 09:11 PM
There's the one that may bring us undone. Here's hoping it's not the case at all.. It's a bit of a bonus that Anthony was cleared of the charges.

and Farah not playing is a big help, although im not putting my faith in the roosters beating them still. it still will all boil down to us beating manly and the other contenders not pulling off major upsets. like canberra beating doggies means we are toast no matter what.

Sydney Titans Fanatic
24-08-12, 01:17 AM
nate myles is a machine he just needs some oil in the off season and he will be 100% again.depending on results we only need to win one game

Titanic
24-08-12, 12:25 PM
nate myles is a machine he just needs some oil in the off season and he will be 100% again

not too much oil I hope ... I sh1t you not.

C-Whiz
24-08-12, 06:30 PM
...panthers will put up a little bit of fight but like the eels match I dont think us fans will be nervous at any stage.You are a cool customer teke. I was freaking for most of the match. :?)

Feeling good about this game though. :thumbsup:

gotitans101
24-08-12, 06:46 PM
I'm not nervous at all about this game. I'm just nervous about the other games which require results to go our way!

Titanic
24-08-12, 10:16 PM
I'm freaking out about this game ... I just can't see Stevie having three good games in a row.

Jamal's Hamstring
24-08-12, 11:25 PM
Is this game now officially a dead rubber?

I think an emotional Panthers playing a deflated Titans knowing it's all over might make for horrible watching for fans but dollar dollar bills ya'll for punters.

Boofhead
24-08-12, 11:38 PM
Is this game now officially a dead rubber?

I think an emotional Panthers playing a deflated Titans knowing it's all over might make for horrible watching for fans but dollar dollar bills ya'll for punters.

There should still be hope within the camp.

A win here and a Tigers loss will have us sitting pretty on 9th. Ready to snatch 7th or 8th in the final round if Raiders/Broncos slip up.

Jamal's Hamstring
24-08-12, 11:45 PM
I'm wavering, Boof. I have tried and I have tried to stay positive but I just can't keep doing it.

I need to let it go. I need to realise they won't change and will just keep on hurting me. As soon as they stumble past the Panthers I will let them back into my heart all forgiven and it will just happen again next week when Manly do us by fifty with a second string team.

Quick- what's the number for life line? I can't go on living like this...

Jamal's Hamstring
24-08-12, 11:46 PM
Brisbane have Penrith and Canberra NZ. We have Manly.

If anyone has that fairy's number can you give her a bell and find out if she's in the mood for kissing dicks? It's the only way we play finals.

Boofhead
24-08-12, 11:51 PM
Quick- what's the number for life line? I can't go on living like this...

Oh I know that number off by heart. The guys there must be sick of me constantly howling about 2010 prelims. :laugh:

I personally wouldn't mind us finishing 9th, the best of the ****.

Jamal's Hamstring
24-08-12, 11:53 PM
Titanic with an 'accepting mediocrity' post in 3....2.....1....

Any moment now...

Boofhead
24-08-12, 11:56 PM
Brisbane have Penrith and Canberra NZ. We have Manly.

Brisbane are farking ****, they won't beat Penrith and Canberra have a woeful record in NZ!

Manly are tired and need to rest a few key personel to be ready for the finals.

It's OK man, we got this!

Boofhead
24-08-12, 11:57 PM
Ride the roller coaster of emotion baby!

Titanic
25-08-12, 11:28 AM
No JH you're wrong ... a mid-table finish will well satisfy me as I have posted many times beginning in pre-season. Dreams of premierships from wooden spoons are for Disney. What I don't accept though is mis-placed faith in a number of players within our team who just aren't up to it ... today will be a real test of their characters.

Overall, I take my hat off to the entire squad, yes including the goat, some of whom may not have had the ability but they never really tossed it in ... good on them.

But next year our goal has to be to make the eight and I have little faith in our coaching staff to provide a team that can go any better than this year without some serious remedial surgery in the backs.

Julius Sezer
25-08-12, 11:58 AM
It doesnt matter if its an 'emotional' farewell match for the Panthers today. It doesnt change the fact that they are a sh** team. We need to flog them by 25+

patskE
25-08-12, 02:39 PM
word has it, its like 72-0 in the 70th min to penrith NYC

shamus
25-08-12, 02:44 PM
word has it, its like 72-0 in the 70th min to penrith NYC

Word has it that it is 78-0...:(

....and that is the final score...Thought we might have got one on the bell but the boys have no idea.

Toads
25-08-12, 02:49 PM
In a poor attempt to put a shine on it. Our NYC Lads have secured a couple of Toyota Cup Records..

Thar she blows.. 78-zip!

Jamal's Hamstring
25-08-12, 03:37 PM
Matty Srama. Gun.

Jamal's Hamstring
25-08-12, 03:40 PM
Rocks and diamonds..... Again.

gotitans101
25-08-12, 03:43 PM
Bird & Sezer....

Jamal's Hamstring
25-08-12, 03:52 PM
Great effort by Zilly there.

gotitans101
25-08-12, 03:55 PM
Thanks for saving our a$$es video ref.

Jamal's Hamstring
25-08-12, 03:56 PM
Thanks for saving our a$$es video ref.

Pretty inexcusable goal line defence.

gotitans101
25-08-12, 03:59 PM
Why are we making errors in a game as big as this?

Titanic
25-08-12, 04:01 PM
because that's what we do

Jamal's Hamstring
25-08-12, 04:06 PM
Titanic is money. Errors are the reason this is a big game.

Titanic
25-08-12, 04:09 PM
anybody like to comment on our commitment?

they make 60 meters every set, we joke happily along with the other team and we play touch in defence ... the only people not enjoying it are the fans.

Jamal's Hamstring
25-08-12, 04:10 PM
Anyone got Carty's number? I watched some under tens who could form a better defensive line this morning.

Boonarga
25-08-12, 04:10 PM
Commentator blames Ridge? That was all Harrison acting the turnstile.

Boofhead
25-08-12, 04:11 PM
**** me. Ridge even want to be out there?

amaline
25-08-12, 04:11 PM
Geeez.... that was a bad forward pass by Walsh.

Boonarga
25-08-12, 04:13 PM
This is a crap game.

Jamal's Hamstring
25-08-12, 04:13 PM
Nothing in that report.

Titanic
25-08-12, 04:15 PM
bloody disgraceful

apathetic sixth tackle option + a penalty + p1ss poor defence

gotitans101
25-08-12, 04:16 PM
If we lose, I'll be glad we won't get the opportunity to embarrass ourselves in the top 8.

Boofhead
25-08-12, 04:16 PM
Holy ****, where did Jennings come from.

lonegull
25-08-12, 04:17 PM
Absolute disgrace they don't deserve to be in the 8 they look like they haven't got a clue

Jamal's Hamstring
25-08-12, 04:17 PM
Is Ridge crook? Is that why he didn't start?

shamus
25-08-12, 04:18 PM
Michaels out of the line for the Panthers first try.
Harrison (not Ridge) lazy on the second try.
Falloon not putting his body on the line for the third try.

We have this massive wind behind us....Why haven't we kicked inside our 40 early? Every opportunity for 40/20's.

:fight: :fight:

gotitans101
25-08-12, 04:18 PM
Hey, it's a Cartwright coached side. Can't expect anything more, and the sad thing is we're stuck with him next year.

TITAN PETE
25-08-12, 04:24 PM
Weak Defence unlike Previous weeks we needed that halftime whistle :?)

teke
25-08-12, 04:24 PM
Panthers have turned up this week.

They unfortunately are playing good footy.

Jamal's Hamstring
25-08-12, 04:26 PM
The halftime address: derp derp derppitty derp.

Don't worry guys. Next year we'll have Taylor and none of the dropped ball, dodgy penalties and lazy defence will happen. Because Taylor.

teke
25-08-12, 04:28 PM
Lazy defence aside there have been some good try saving tackles by the Titans. I think the Panthers deserve to be up by more

Jamal's Hamstring
25-08-12, 04:36 PM
I don't understand the whole resting Matty Srama tactic.

Jamal's Hamstring
25-08-12, 04:37 PM
Good effort by Zilly to catch them napping.

Titanic
25-08-12, 04:38 PM
That was a pearler from Zillman ... but gee we are killing ourselves.

Boonarga
25-08-12, 04:38 PM
I don't understand the whole resting Matty Srama tactic.

It's Cartwright. Nobody understands. We are a lesser team without Srama.

gotitans101
25-08-12, 04:40 PM
Idris is ****ing useless.

Titanic
25-08-12, 04:42 PM
I hope that knocks some mongrel into him

amaline
25-08-12, 04:43 PM
Wow. Not intentional? Is that the new rule??

gotitans101
25-08-12, 04:44 PM
What a joke. How was that not a penalty?

Jamal's Hamstring
25-08-12, 04:45 PM
It's Cartwright. Nobody understands. We are a lesser team without Srama.

He is one of our best and very capable of a solid eighty.

No sense, this decision makes.

gotitans101
25-08-12, 04:53 PM
Nice try Penrith.

Season over.

Titanic
25-08-12, 04:53 PM
2012 down the toilet

Jamal's Hamstring
25-08-12, 04:54 PM
Good try to be fair.

gotitans101
25-08-12, 04:54 PM
Only 4 years of mediocrity to go.

Thanks Searle.

DavidBouveng
25-08-12, 04:55 PM
That was such a **** effort from prince and idris.

But the stinger is that it was from a set that started when Michael Gordon knocked it on into mead when catching the bomb. Refs missed it, and they go 100 metres.

Jamal's Hamstring
25-08-12, 04:55 PM
Quite frankly I blame the early Manly game thread for this performance.

Titanic
25-08-12, 04:57 PM
I hope our players look at Penrith and see how proud they are in their team mates because we are a friggin' rabble.

DavidBouveng
25-08-12, 04:57 PM
At least I don't have to have a stressful week worrying about other teams for and against and if we can do manly...

lonegull
25-08-12, 04:58 PM
Scott prince missed tackle leads once again to a Penrith try, he should have worn a panthers jersey today he ha missed 1000 tackles

Jamal's Hamstring
25-08-12, 04:59 PM
Dear Mr May,

If Cartwright does not strip the paint off the walls in the post game please rip up his contract.

Thank you.

Titanic
25-08-12, 04:59 PM
WTF on the last tackle

amaline
25-08-12, 05:00 PM
We've given up, looking at that last tackle play.

DavidBouveng
25-08-12, 05:01 PM
This would be in our bottom 2 or 3 games this year.

Titanic
25-08-12, 05:02 PM
It shows how desperate we are not

shamus
Dave Mead is one of my favourites but he looks totally disinterested in the 2nd half.

On another note now we play catch up and no doubt concede more points for our efforts.

Jamal's Hamstring
I hope our players look at Penrith and see how proud they are in their team mates because we are a friggin' rabble.

I have been whinging about our pride in the jumper all year. We are a team of mercenaries who just do not give a ****.

Why should the fans care if the playing group doesn't?

Absolutely disgraceful today. Just like 2011.

Be ****ed if I can see how 2013 will be any different.

And tell me again emotion isn't a motivator in football.

Jamal's Hamstring
25-08-12, 05:03 PM
Dave Mead is one of my favourites but he looks totally disinterested in the 2nd half.

On another note now we play catch up and no doubt concede more points for our efforts.

To be fair he did keep the chase up on the second last try.

DavidBouveng
25-08-12, 05:06 PM
And just to piss us all off, they'll somehow find 80 minutes of football and beat manly just to rub it in and annoy us all further.

gotitans101
25-08-12, 05:06 PM
We are no different to any other year. Our game plan doesn't change.

**** this coach and **** the idiot who signed him for 5 years.

Titanic
25-08-12, 05:08 PM
And just to piss us all off, they'll somehow find 80 minutes of football and beat manly just to rub it in and annoy us all further.

No they won't ... they will rub salt in by getting smashed in front of our home stadium which will be empty after this capitulation.

Jamal's Hamstring
25-08-12, 05:09 PM
Can someone please tell me what will prevent these performances in 2013 because I have no idea.

Jamal's Hamstring
25-08-12, 05:11 PM
No they won't ... they will rub salt in by getting smashed in front of our home stadium which will be empty after this capitulation.

Would not be surprised to see Harrison, Myles and Bird missing next week. Maybe Ridge as well.

May as well disrespect the fans a little more.

amaline
25-08-12, 05:13 PM
Would not be surprised to see Harrison, Myles and Bird missing next week. Maybe Ridge as well.

May as well disrespect the fans a little more.

Why put Myles through any more pain for nothing? Might as well give someone a run I guess.

Jamal's Hamstring
25-08-12, 05:15 PM
**** this.

teke
25-08-12, 05:22 PM
:laugh: :laugh:

Ease up fellas, Panthers played a good game of footy that just hammered the Titans on the back foot all day.

Jamal's Hamstring
25-08-12, 05:23 PM
I can't hear you over my sulking, teke.

Titanic
25-08-12, 05:27 PM
The commentators will never say "the combination between the centres and wings was impressive" about our team. I hate saying the same thing over and over but this is our major weakness.

teke
25-08-12, 05:27 PM
I can't hear you over my sulking, teke.:D

Jennings on Prince turned that game very quickly quickly in the 2nd half.

ChargerPete
25-08-12, 05:28 PM
What an inept performance, bloody pathetic.

teke
25-08-12, 05:28 PM
The commentators will never say "the combination between the centres and wings was impressive" about our team. I hate saying the same thing over and over but this is our major weakness.True that.

One day i will post exactly what master coach instructs during training and on game day :ugh:

teke
25-08-12, 05:29 PM
Fellas this was all part of our master plan to stick the Eels with the Spoon.

It worked :banana: :banana: :banana:

DavidBouveng
25-08-12, 05:34 PM
:D

Jennings on Prince turned that game very quickly quickly in the 2nd half.

I know you mean the Jennings on prince match up, but the Jennings on prince 'accidental' high shot was also when things went sour for us.

If that's all it takes to put us completely off our game, that is very sad.

shamus
25-08-12, 05:35 PM
Fellas this was all part of our master plan to stick the Eels with the Spoon.

It worked :banana: :banana: :banana:

:rolf: Revenge is bitter sweet..

No Titans now so I now hope to wear my Manly jersey once again to the GF..

Jamal's Hamstring
25-08-12, 05:36 PM
We were off before that.

Toads
25-08-12, 05:36 PM
Seems the Lads were planning on using an attacking game plan today 'n left our defensive game at home. That with a compilation of great off loads by the Panthers made them the worthy Victor's today..

Bring on 2013.. that is all.

DavidBouveng
25-08-12, 05:37 PM
True that.

One day i will post exactly what master coach instructs during training and on game day :ugh:

just tell us now,can't feel any worse.

Might even give us a laugh if it's bad enough.

C-Whiz
25-08-12, 05:44 PM
Can someone please tell me what will prevent these performances in 2013 because I have no idea.+1.
We were asking the same question at the end of 2011, and nothing has really changed, except we have less excuses this season.

We are sh1t. We are no better than last year, we have just managed to win a few more games.

Like I've said before, avoiding the spoon this season was always going to be an improvement, but we are still firmly a team that deserves to be in the bottom 3 or 4 teams in the competition based on performances like todays when we had EVERY FRIGGIN REASON TO GO OUT AND PLAY LIKE A TEAM THAT WANTED TO WIN A GAME OF RUGBY LEAGUE WITH A CHANCE OF MAKING THE FINALS.....

All this result proves is how hopelessly lost we are in some fantasy idea that being a mathematical probability for making the 8 is a good result, or that we have improved from last years spoon performance. As a ladder result, yes, as a team that is building into something special, no.

As fans, we are part of the problem. We buy into this BS idea that if we play a good game we are a good team, but if we play a bad game we are just having a bad game. We are a team with no idea of what we are trying to achieve out in the middle. Sometimes we get lucky, more often than not we get beaten by a better team. Even ordinary teams like the Panthers show us what an average team can do when they play with some structure and intent, but I can't remember the last time we played like the Panthers did today. We were lucky to limp home against the Eels last week.

We should be a top 4 team. We have the players. We just have no idea how to play football as a team.

And like others have said, apart from Taylor next year, what else is going to change? What changed from 2011?

End of rant, end of season. At least I went out angry. :fight:

Chaos
25-08-12, 05:46 PM

How about today?

Titanic
25-08-12, 05:50 PM
And you wonder why I am so negative ... we are a poor excuse for an NRL team, we have some players but that's all we have and the sooner everybody bands together and puts some pressure on these blokes to play as a team then we are all culpable.

As I type Will Matthews scores. We could have kept him for a song.

Jamal's Hamstring
25-08-12, 05:57 PM
How about today?

I think it's more a matter of defending his source. Fair enough too.

If I were running this rockshow my mate Jamal would be getting some strict instructions of how to conduct himself over the summer and how to play next year. Another year like this one and I'd drop him from the side. I don't care if he's the highest paid QLD cup player. If you aren't performing, if you are lazy, you are not in my first grade team, sport.

I'd also knock this **** off with playing players hurt. If the injury is sufficient enough to harp on about.every.damn.chance you get, it's sufficient enough to take a week off, get right and then come back firing later. We pay depth players for exactly those times when the leaders are hurt- lets actually use them.

And speaking of depth, lets look at spending some big dollars on getting in some decent development coaches for the twenties. Lets spend some dollars on a strength coach and a coaching staff that will tie in with the league team and create players to come up through the ranks.

And I'd be seriously look at asking Bailey to move aside at the end of next year if not before. But I'd offer him a juicy role on the U/20 coaching staff because if you could get half of that blokes endevour into a youngster you are going to create a player who actually wants to do well for the good of the club- not to score a big dollar contract elsewhere.

The world according to JH.

Oh- and I would document my five year plan. I'd send a copy to every member. I would let them know we are not going to win the comp next year but you will see improvement. Every year, you will see improvement. And when that fifth year rolls around the premiership winning team will have at least a couple of lads who- shock horror- came from our Luke Bailey clone factory Under 20s.

True story.

teke
25-08-12, 06:25 PM
:rolf: Revenge is bitter sweet..

No Titans now so I now hope to wear my Manly jersey once again to the GF..:banana: :banana:

Manly all Day !!!

Titans will have their day in the sun, I just hope its before a Cronulla premiership.

teke
25-08-12, 06:27 PM
just tell us now,can't feel any worse.

Might even give us a laugh if it's bad enough.I have heard one talk and it was enough for me. I wont ever repeat on here

Smakked
25-08-12, 08:36 PM
SO is the replay worth watching?
i went to watch Tugun v Yalamba game , which was pretty good

DIEHARD
25-08-12, 09:27 PM
I was very disappointed and surprised with the result.

I havent seen the game unfortunately but Im not encouraged by any of the resports.

That is our season and if we couldnt muscle up in this game and be hungry for it, we didnt belong in the Finals. I don't see 2012 as a write off though, we showed some good footy and we went a long way to rebuilding pur reputation in the most trying of circumstances.

Looks like we saved one of our worst performances of the season until the end. And Manly look bloody threatening, they are surging to something amazing. Maybe the first ever NRL back to back title.

TITAN PETE
25-08-12, 10:59 PM
:banana: :banana:

Manly all Day !!!

Titans will have their day in the sun, I just hope its before a Cronulla premiership.

Back to Back :thumbsup:

I will be long gone before the Sharks win a Chook raffle :laugh:

bigjim
26-08-12, 12:23 AM
We had to beat Panthers to be in the top 8. We didn't beat a team battling to stay away from the wooden spoon so we don't deserve to be in the finals. Simple as that.

Chaserz
26-08-12, 07:20 AM
Dang, I did kinda hope things would turn around in the 2nd half. Nevertheless, I am sad they didn't make the finals. On the other hand, the first half of the season wasn't good at all, so it doesn't surprise me either this burden proved to be too much in the end. At least no wooden spoon, so hey... Hopefully we can finish the season in style in the last round.

shamus
26-08-12, 07:54 AM
BTW...What happened to Srama? I saw him back out there at the 55th minute mark (approx) I was so happy to see him I nearly peed my pants so off I ran and when I got back he was gonnnneee........:ugh:

Ryan
26-08-12, 11:08 AM
BTW...What happened to Srama? I saw him back out there at the 55th minute mark (approx) I was so happy to see him I nearly peed my pants so off I ran and when I got back he was gonnnneee........:ugh:

Played the usual 40mins, sharing with Beau. While Srama was gone I watch 2 balls go to ground from dummy half at crucial times :mad:

They are much less of a team without Srama, we need him to play 80mins again.

teke
26-08-12, 11:40 AM
I think the 2 hookers plan is a failure. Srama should be the one and only.

Titanic
26-08-12, 12:12 PM
Two hookers is just sucking up an interchange and as I gaze into my crystal ball I see Taylor in for Falloon, Bailey for O'Dwyer and Champion for Michaels and that's our 2013 team.

1. Zillman
2. Gordon
3. Idris
4. Champion
5. Mead
6. Sezer
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. Douglas
11. Bird
12. Myles
13. Harrison

14. White
15. Minichiello
16. Ridge
17. Taylor

or some other combination of these players. The questions are: will it win a premiership? Will it make the eight? My slant: no and yes ... so let's just fast forward to 2014 :)

teke
26-08-12, 12:16 PM
Call me crazy but I just dont see Champion being any major part of this squad. Depth really has to be strengthened next year...need a magical wand to create another winger or centre

Titanic
26-08-12, 12:18 PM
Yep totally agree but there is nothing on the market really although I would be pillaging the junior Warriors or Pommieland.

teke
26-08-12, 12:23 PM
Yep totally agree but there is nothing on the market really although I would be pillaging the junior Warriors or Pommieland.Pommieland is a great idea. I think an extended browse over PNG could reap one or 2 gems.

Titanic
26-08-12, 12:32 PM
And why not?

teke
26-08-12, 12:35 PM
And why not?Why not !

Let's go over there and dig up some depth, me and you

Titanic
26-08-12, 02:02 PM
Nearly half way between us na tok pisin bilong mi em nogut nau but I still speak to mates there weekly and all my old players are either coaching or administrating in some capacity or another. I would happily help out but just like Marcus moving from the Chargers to the Storm that's what happens when you offer-up good players and the adminstration blows them off. Well you know the story.

TITAN PETE
26-08-12, 02:18 PM
I'm with Teke & Titanic I don't see Champion in the 17 , I wouldn't mind seeing Idriss & Taylor wearing the 3 & 4 for a match or 2 :D

Ryan
26-08-12, 02:28 PM
I'm with Teke & Titanic I don't see Champion in the 17 , I wouldn't mind seeing Idriss & Taylor wearing the 3 & 4 for a match or 2 :D

Throw James in there, and introduce a year long bonus system for all the boys: $2000 match bonus for any player who takes out an opposition HB\FB\FE\HK in the first half (without getting sent off in the process).

Jamal's Hamstring
26-08-12, 02:31 PM
Two hookers is just sucking up an interchange and as I gaze into my crystal ball I see Taylor in for Falloon, Bailey for O'Dwyer and Champion for Michaels and that's our 2013 team.

1. Zillman
2. Gordon
3. Idris
4. Champion
5. Mead
6. Sezer
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. Douglas
11. Bird
12. Myles
13. Harrison

14. White
15. Minichiello
16. Ridge
17. Taylor

or some other combination of these players. The questions are: will it win a premiership? Will it make the eight? My slant: no and yes ... so let's just fast forward to 2014 :)

Taylor off the bench!? Give him Champion's spot for the lulz.

TITAN PETE
26-08-12, 02:39 PM
Throw James in there, and introduce a year long bonus system for all the boys: $2000 match bonus for any player who takes out an opposition HB\FB\FE\HK in the first half (without getting sent off in the process).

I like it :thumbsup:

thelwall
26-08-12, 04:05 PM
1. Zillman
2. Gordon
3. Idris
4. Champion
5. Mead
6. Sezer
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. Douglas
11. Bird
12. Myles
13. Harrison

14. White
15. Minichiello
16. Ridge
17. Taylor

on paper i believe it is the best team in the comp by far

Titanic
26-08-12, 05:01 PM
I think that our forwards are too similar. They are all great individual players but play without any real support ethic.

DavidBouveng
26-08-12, 05:06 PM
Taylor's gotta come into starting side. Harrison has been underwhelming most of the season and I think bird could wear 13, Taylor 11.

And while I can't defend champions glass man like tendencies, I think when he was on the park mid season, he was looking sharp and finished some good tries with either a dummy, or feeding mead. I liked him there and think he can be good for us next year. If we keep idris on the right, move champion to the left, Gordon might actually see some ball.

C-Whiz
26-08-12, 05:50 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Idriss & Taylor wearing the 3 & 4 for a match or 2 :DYep, this sounds about right. Taylor can take up all the slack that Idris leaves behind. A work horse and a show pony.

TITAN PETE
26-08-12, 06:58 PM
Yep, this sounds about right. Taylor can take up all the slack that Idris leaves behind. A work horse and a show pony.

Can u imagine the shock for the staff @ Sheraton Mirage when these 2 walk in for the All u Can Eat Seafood Buffet :surprise: :rolf:

karnage
26-08-12, 07:41 PM

And call ourselves the New Orleans Saints??

karnage
26-08-12, 07:52 PM
+1.
We were asking the same question at the end of 2011, and nothing has really changed, except we have less excuses this season.

We are sh1t. We are no better than last year, we have just managed to win a few more games.

Like I've said before, avoiding the spoon this season was always going to be an improvement, but we are still firmly a team that deserves to be in the bottom 3 or 4 teams in the competition based on performances like todays when we had EVERY FRIGGIN REASON TO GO OUT AND PLAY LIKE A TEAM THAT WANTED TO WIN A GAME OF RUGBY LEAGUE WITH A CHANCE OF MAKING THE FINALS.....

All this result proves is how hopelessly lost we are in some fantasy idea that being a mathematical probability for making the 8 is a good result, or that we have improved from last years spoon performance. As a ladder result, yes, as a team that is building into something special, no.

As fans, we are part of the problem. We buy into this BS idea that if we play a good game we are a good team, but if we play a bad game we are just having a bad game. We are a team with no idea of what we are trying to achieve out in the middle. Sometimes we get lucky, more often than not we get beaten by a better team. Even ordinary teams like the Panthers show us what an average team can do when they play with some structure and intent, but I can't remember the last time we played like the Panthers did today. We were lucky to limp home against the Eels last week.

We should be a top 4 team. We have the players. We just have no idea how to play football as a team.

And like others have said, apart from Taylor next year, what else is going to change? What changed from 2011?

End of rant, end of season. At least I went out angry. :fight:

THAT IS A FANTASTIC POST!! :salute: :salute:

There are so many things wrong with our footy team and they all stem from the head coach. This end of season 'rally' that we all enjoyed really could be harmful to the long term success to the club because it glosses over how incompetent John Cartwright is. He fails to instil any attacking structures into our game, he is content to continue selecting players who make the same mistakes week in and week out and is questionable whether or not he has the full support of the playing group.

We will never be an entertaining or exciting side while Carty is in charge, and we will definitely never be a championship side.

GIVE HIM THE FLICK AND LET HIM TAKE THE FAT FOOL IDRIS WITH HIM!!!

teke
26-08-12, 08:59 PM
I forgot the time period but it was in the 2nd half and all we had to do was spread it to the right and we scored, 3 under plays from the dummy half later we spread it to the right only for it to be snatched up by Odwyer who got shut down easy - this set represented the last 2 seasons by the Titans :laugh: :doh:

Sydney Titans Fanatic
26-08-12, 09:15 PM
its amazing...Greg Bird( who was needled up before the game) and Nate myles were both playing injured...Aiden sezer walked out the dressing sheds with a knee brace on...matt srama walked out with his arm in a sling...It just appears our whole team is out of fuel...

Titanic
26-08-12, 09:33 PM
I thought they would have all walked out with their ****s in a sling.

patskE
26-08-12, 10:22 PM
wouldnt mind seeing zillman at centre, n mead given a go at the back. maybe even move gordon in one and put idris in the forwards :/

Jamal's Hamstring
27-08-12, 11:05 AM
1. Zillman
2. Gordon
3. Idris
4. Champion
5. Mead
6. Sezer
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. Douglas
11. Bird
12. Myles
13. Harrison

14. White
15. Minichiello
16. Ridge
17. Taylor

on paper i believe it is the best team in the comp by far

Are you serious!? It's a cut and paste with the only change being Taylor in the 17... You really think that starting 13- the same starting 13 from this year- is the best team in the comp by far?! How the hell do you explain this season?

Jamal's Hamstring
27-08-12, 11:06 AM
THAT IS A FANTASTIC POST!! :salute: :salute:

There are so many things wrong with our footy team and they all stem from the head coach. This end of season 'rally' that we all enjoyed really could be harmful to the long term success to the club because it glosses over how incompetent John Cartwright is. He fails to instil any attacking structures into our game, he is content to continue selecting players who make the same mistakes week in and week out and is questionable whether or not he has the full support of the playing group.

We will never be an entertaining or exciting side while Carty is in charge, and we will definitely never be a championship side.

GIVE HIM THE FLICK AND LET HIM TAKE THE FAT FOOL IDRIS WITH HIM!!!

This is a foregone conclusion for mine. We already believe it with a round of football left.

DavidBouveng
27-08-12, 12:50 PM
Yeah I agree JH. We have an odd sense of self belief that we are a top 8 team despite only being in the 8 for one week.

I hope we bomb next week and manly give us a lesson that burns in our guts all off season.

An extra week off training for alot of our guys wouldnt hurt either...I'm looking at you Jamal.

I have been prepared to write Jamals weight off as a disrupted injury prone year, but If he hasn't 'done an Inglis' and hardened his body up by next season, he's dead to me.

matti
27-08-12, 02:43 PM
Disappointing game for the away legion to be honest. The players went off the field straight away besides chalky waving. I spent 2 hrs traveling to this game with a whingey sick bubba too!

DIEHARD
28-08-12, 01:25 AM
Disappointing game for the away legion to be honest. The players went off the field straight away besides chalky waving. I spent 2 hrs traveling to this game with a whingey sick bubba too!

That is a big let down. Especially as it was the end of our Finals campaign.

I wanna see our away fans looked after especially as this was the last opportunity of 201 to say good bye.