PDA

View Full Version : Round 21 Brisbane Broncos v Parramatta Eels

TITAN PETE
25-07-12, 07:29 AM
MONDAY

Brisbane Broncos v Parramatta Eels at Suncorp Stadium, 7:00pm (local). #NRLBRIPAR

BRONCOS: Luke Capewell, Aaron Whitchurch, Alex Glenn, Gerard Beale, Lachlan Maranta, Corey Norman, Peter Wallace, Ben Hannant, Andrew McCullough, Petero Civoniceva, Matt Gillett, Sam Thaiday, Corey Parker. Interchange (from): Ben Hunt, Josh McGuire, Mitchell Dodds, Dunamis Lui, Brendan Gibb

EELS: Jake Mullaney, Luke Burt, Ryan Morgan, Cheyse Blair, Ken Sio, Ben Roberts, Chris Sandow, Tim Mannah, Nathan Smith, Fuifui Moimoi, Nathan Hindmarsh, Ben Smith, Reni Maitua. Interchange (from): Joseph Paulo, Taulima Tautai, Justin Poore, Matthew Ryan, Mitchell Allgood

TITAN PETE
25-07-12, 07:30 AM
This is an outrage for the poor Donkeys not being able to play on their standard Friday Night :rolleyes:

patskE
25-07-12, 05:04 PM
interesting to see how Capewell goes LOL

DIEHARD
25-07-12, 05:21 PM
This is an outrage for the poor Donkeys not being able to play on their standard Friday Night :rolleyes:

Interesting to see how their crowd reacts.

TITAN PETE
30-07-12, 08:14 AM
Broncos look to lift against Eels

By Laine Clark AAP Sun, Jul 29, 2012 - 3:14 PM

Rather than sweat on their finals fate ahead of an NRL showdown with last-placed Parramatta on Monday, Brisbane coach Anthony Griffin just wants his depleted team to deliver a performance worthy of the Broncos after a nightmare week.

Top-four aspirants Brisbane will be missing two of their most experienced players through injury for the Suncorp Stadium clash, with back-rower Corey Parker (knee) on Sunday joining Justin Hodges (ankle/hamstring) on the sidelines.

Fullback Josh Hoffman was ruled out early in the week when he was suspended for his high shot on Gold Coast prop Luke Bailey.

"He was just a couple of days too short," Griffin said of Parker.

In some welcome good news, five-eighth Corey Norman (groin) was given the green light while Ben Te'o is expected to slot in for Parker after receiving a high tackle downgrade at the judiciary.

Despite their hardships, Griffin was not going to offer any excuses ahead of the Eels clash - and certainly was not going to tolerate any after it.

Losses for Cronulla and North Queensland this weekend have helped Brisbane's top-four hopes but Griffin said the team should be looking at themselves - not the ladder - for finals inspiration.

He still seemed to be smarting from last round's loss to arch-rivals Gold Coast - their sixth defeat in their past 10 games.

"When you have a loss like last week people question you, and rightly so," Griffin said.

"The important thing is that we prepare well and we are at a level we need to be tomorrow night.

"The only way we can look after that (top-four finish) is to get our performance right.

"If we had done that last week we would be in a much better position than we would be now."

Griffin won't be taking anything for granted against the Eels, who will back themselves to notch back-to-back wins for the first time since July last year despite being the bookies' wooden spoon favourites.

They lifted in coach Stephen Kearney's last game in charge to shock Melbourne last week and will be out to impress again with newly-signed mentor Ricky Stuart sure to be looking on after inking a three-year deal from 2013.

"It is crucial for everyone," Griffin said of the game.

"But we are not approaching it as far as it is something we need to win to make the playoffs.

"We obviously missed the mark the way we approached that game last week.

"No disrespect to the Titans - they played very well - but it wasn't one of our better performances - we want to turn that around."

TITAN PETE
30-07-12, 08:23 AM
Parramatta caretaker coach Brad Arthur tells Eels players they are playing for their futures
By Paul Crawley The Daily Telegraph July 30, 2012 3:54AM

It's a huge step up from coaching his son, Jake, in the Rouse Hill Rhinos U10s, but Parramatta caretaker coach Brad Arthur is ready to take on the NRL's toughest job on Monday night.

Ahead of the Eels' showdown with the Brisbane Broncos, the first-time NRL coach has told how players felt "guilty" for performances that led to Steven Kearney's demise - and the job now was to prove they deserved to be part of Ricky Stuart's future.

"We want our fans to be proud of us, be proud to turn the TV on and know what they are going to get," Arthur said.

"We are sick of this feeling that the fans don't know what Parramatta team is going to turn up."

Arthur said he and skipper Nathan Hindmarsh had addressed the playing group and left them in no doubt what was expected of them as the Eels try to avoid the wooden spoon.

"I suppose in some ways (the players) feel guilty of what happened to Steve," he said

"They are probably thinking they could have done a little bit more to help out.

"I grabbed them and had a chat to them when I was taking over just to say what I expect and then Hindy had a talk.

"He just told them that it is not the coach's fault, they need to have a look at themselves."

A long-time friend of Kearney's from their time at Melbourne, the 38-year-old father of three said he was yet to speak with incoming coach Stuart about what his role would be at the club beyond this season.

"I am hoping to catch up with him (this) week," Arthur said.

"I am contracted (next season) and Bob (Bentley) has told me I will stay.

"Once (Kearney) knew what was going to happen he rang me. He spoke to Roy (Spagnolo) and Bob about me taking over.

"He would have been pushing that I was the right person for the next six weeks and that is the sort of person he is."

Arthur said there was no question he wanted a full-time NRL head coach job down the track.

"One hundred per cent. I had a real good introduction to it all in terms of coming through the Melbourne system," he said.

"I was quite lucky to be working alongside Steve and Michael Maguire and working under Craig (Bellamy) for the four years I was there."

With the finals well and truly out of Parramatta's reach, Arthur said the players had plenty of motivation for the remainder of the season.

"I think we are in a unique situation in that we have a new coach in me for the next six weeks and then they have a new coach in Ricky coming after that for the next few years," he said.

"I'm hoping the boys still think that they have a point to prove."

TITAN PETE
30-07-12, 02:46 PM
Last Time Played: Broncos v Eels

NRL.com Mon, Jul 30, 2012 - 12:00 PM

The Broncos opened their 2012 premiership campaign with a patchy 18-6 victory over the Eels at Parramatta Stadium.

Brisbane received a scare when Eels halfback Chris Sandow crossed after just four minutes, capitalising on a Gerard Beale blunder to regather his own short kick for a 6-nil lead the under-strength home side (they were missing Jarryd Hayne to injury) would protect to the halftime break.

However, the Broncos found their groove early in the second stanza, with Jharal Yow Yeh and Peter Wallace crossing for four-pointers that saw them gain control with 22 minutes remaining. Yow Yeh’s contribution (52nd minute) finished a slick right-side sweep, while Wallace’s scoring play (59th minute) saw him regather his own grubber kick after it took a deflection off the Parramatta defenders.

Their victory was complete when Ben Hannant charged over from close range with seven minutes remaining.

Brisbane struggled for consistency in attack throughout the clash, completing just 68 per cent of their sets (to the Eels’ 80 per cent) and making 16 errors. Their defence kept them in the clash – they missed just 15 tackles.

Meanwhile tackle misses cost Parra dearly – they tallied 37 on the evening.

Brisbane were best served by centre Justin Hodges who made a game-high 17 runs for 134 metres, gave the final pass for Yow Yeh’s try and managed six offloads.

The Eels were given huge service by skipper Nathan Hindmarsh who added 124 metres and made 51 tackles to kick off what we would later learn was his final year in the NRL.

Ryan
30-07-12, 06:57 PM
Corey Parker joins Paul Gallen and Todd Carney to be the 3 weak ****s who ****ed up my fantasy team :mad:

TITAN PETE
30-07-12, 07:13 PM
Parra on fire in the 1st half & the 2nd half starts with the boys in Pink making sure the Donkeys can make a comeback.

gotitans101
30-07-12, 07:13 PM
Eels are falling apart.

TITAN PETE
30-07-12, 07:45 PM
Parra :fist: Parra :fist:

This is great to watch

Any game the Donkeys get flogged is great to watch :laugh:

Smakked
30-07-12, 07:52 PM
HAHA i love watching Donkeys get flogged, they are gone for the season i reckon, they look tired.

DIEHARD
30-07-12, 10:20 PM
Sounds like an awesome game! Even Sandow scored scored a double.

Rage
31-07-12, 05:18 PM
Love seeing the Broncos lose!!