PDA

View Full Version : Round 21: Sydney Roosters vs Gold Coast Titans

DIEHARD
21-07-12, 04:54 PM
Sydney Roosters vs Gold Coast Titans

teke
21-07-12, 04:57 PM
Im still angry the Scum beat us at Skilled.

Im thinking about flying down for this game.

I won't be happy until Titans put 40 on them.

Titanic
21-07-12, 05:09 PM
I doubt we'll put 40 on them this time but at least our destiny is still in our hands. Injuries now will play a key role.

Jamal's Hamstring
21-07-12, 08:42 PM
Did we pick up any injuries last night? I thought everyone came through clean?

I wouldn't mind seeing basically the same squad next week. Maybe Harrison straight in, O'Dwyer to the bench and Falloon out? Could always bring Hendololol straight in if Bailey's snoz keeps him out.

Rage
21-07-12, 08:51 PM
Well Myles went off because of his sternum again but I don't know if that was precautionary or if he'll be right for next week.

shamus
21-07-12, 09:42 PM
Well Myles went off because of his sternum again but I don't know if that was precautionary or if he'll be right for next week.

He looked in a lot of discomfort with 10 or 15 to go so I hope it was fatigue and soreness and nothing else.

DIEHARD
21-07-12, 10:32 PM
We might lose Myles I think. He is made of diamond but even he has his limits.

Titanic
22-07-12, 12:00 PM
Why not play Bird at left centre? Already defends there, already attacks there and can beat a man one on one.

Princey's Titanz
22-07-12, 12:20 PM
We need to flog the chooks. A big win. Point differiential is the key to our surge into the top 8. Im confident that we can hold the Roosters out from scoring. All we need to focus on is scoring tries and linebreaks. The Roosters defence is fragile. We need to target that. Thats where Zillman can come in and make linebreaks. Mead should be busy attacking the middle and working off the wing to assist Zillman.

Princey's Titanz
22-07-12, 12:23 PM
Why not play Bird at left centre? Already defends there, already attacks there and can beat a man one on one.

Bird would make a good centre. He is very hard to stop one on one. He has a playmaking ability in him that he can utilise with his winger. Has a good step. Also he is a good defender. All the qualities of a centre.

But i rather Bird at second row and leave O'Dwyer at centre.

Toads
22-07-12, 01:01 PM
We need to flog the chooks.

Too Bloody Right!

I'm looking for redemption from the 2010 Semi's when they stole the win from us at Suncorp. I hope the lads haven't forgotten that one either, when they head into this match. :fight:

eelectrica
22-07-12, 02:37 PM
Hope they're switched on for this game and don't have heads in the clouds after our last two wins.
If the Titans are switched on, they win this.

Jamal's Hamstring
22-07-12, 05:11 PM
Roosters look terrible at the moment.

Boofhead
22-07-12, 05:16 PM
Be lucky to get 5k to this one.

TitansFan4655
22-07-12, 05:41 PM
Line Up

1. Zillman
2. Gordon
3. Peyroux (left centre)
4. Idris
5. Mead
6. Sezer
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. Myles
11. Bird
12. Minichiello
13. Harrison
14. White
15. Douglas
16. Ridge
17. Falloon
18. O'Dwyer
19. James
20. Lawrence
21. Dowling

Jamal's Hamstring
22-07-12, 06:05 PM
Isn't Ridge still hurt? So we should get Harrison back but will most likely lose Myles. If that's the case I would like Douglas in the 10 and Bj and James on the bench.

Boofhead
22-07-12, 06:15 PM
You have got to be kidding me... Apparently Nine are showing the Dragons vs. Storm game live into QLD. Fark me dead.

Titanic
22-07-12, 06:17 PM
We must bank these two points and it won't be any easier after their inept performance today.

1. Zillman
2. Gordon
3. O'Dwyer
4. Idris
5. Mead
6. Sezer
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. Douglas
11. Bird
12. Minichiello (assuming Myles is injured)
13. Harrison

14. White
15. Lawrence (I just cannot select Henderson)
16. James (he needs to keep his head against JWH)
17. Falloon (assuming Ridge is injured)

Rage
22-07-12, 09:27 PM
I think the only way the Roosters will stay in this game is through any stupid penalties they may get. Of course this is assuming they don't pull a complete 180 from this weekend.

Nick
23-07-12, 11:44 AM
We need to flog them and get our points difference up.. Out wide their defence is useless, they constantly have players out of position and if we can exploit this and get the ball wide then we should get a few over (big IF to get the ball wide). Also, as good as mini is positionally, his turn and chase has reduced significantly ove recent times so some grubbers in behind would be nice..
Basically we need to win.. And up the cowboys tonight! Haha

thelwall
23-07-12, 01:50 PM
my team would be this :

1. Zillman
2. Gordon
3. O'Dwyer
4. Idris
5. Mead
6. Sezer
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. Douglas
11. Bird
12. Myles
13. Harrison

14. White
15. Lawrence
16. Minichiello
17. Rankin

my reasoning behind this - sezer's hand is still not 100% - centers can be a problem and if O'Dwyer is having a shocker zip zip can cover centers and rankin to full back - rankin has a good long cut out ball and we need to get the ball out wide during this game because roosters defence out wide is diabolical

hopefully myles, harro and bird are available

patskE
23-07-12, 03:25 PM
left centre is where SKD attacks aye? we need someone who strong to stop him

Chaos
23-07-12, 05:38 PM
For the guys choosing O'Dwyer in the centres...I understand now...you all played in the forwards.

Rage
23-07-12, 06:26 PM
Wayne Heming AAP Mon, Jul 23, 2012 - 4:19 PM

Representative forward Greg Bird says if Gold Coast gatecrash NRL the top eight in September they will hit the finals on the back of some hot form.

Buoyed by their breakthrough victory over Brisbane last week, the Titans will look to build more finals momentum against the equally desperate Sydney Roosters on Friday night.

A win is imperative for both sides as the battle for the eighth and last spot heats up.

The Titans are one of five teams locked on 20 points, a win outside the top eight, but that could change if Wests Tigers lose to North Queensland on Monday night.

They have a reasonably difficult run into the finals with games against an in-form South Sydney (home), the stuttering Storm (away), Parramatta (home), Penrith on the road and finally a crunch round 26 clash against defending premiers Manly at home.

"I think we're getting back to that form when we were beating the top teams, the Cowboys, Manly, the Bulldogs and the like," said Bird on Monday.

"If we hold that form and get all our players back on board we can be a force at the top of the table."

Bird said he didn't want to risk the rest of the season by playing with an injured pectoral muscle against Brisbane last week.

"That's the reason I didn't play last week because it was cutting it fine but I've had another week under my belt and I'll be fine (against the Roosters)," he said after doing some extra training on Monday.

"It should be fine. It's only when the arms goes all the way back, so if I don't get chicken winged I should be sweet."

If Ashley Harrison (broken toe) and Nate Myles (bruised sternum) are cleared along with Bird, it gives the Titans one of the best back-rows in the competition.

"I think our forward pack in general are quite tough, you throw Luke Bailey and Luke Douglas in there as well and it's pretty formidable," he said.

Bird said Bailey had been playing with his rib cartilage "almost torn off".

"He's inspirational. He's got that painful injury but he's leading the hit-ups and tackles and also our kick chases."

TITAN PETE
23-07-12, 07:15 PM
For the guys choosing O'Dwyer in the centres...I understand now...you all played in the forwards.

Chalky was a centre at Parra ;)

Titanic
23-07-12, 09:07 PM

O'Dwyer or Bird for left centre ... Peyroux and Michaels are not up to it.

Titanic
23-07-12, 10:14 PM
Bird right, Ridge 50/50, Harrison out for another week and no mention of Myles.

Source: Titans TV 23/07.

DIEHARD
23-07-12, 10:39 PM
Bird right, Ridge 50/50, Harrison out for another week and no mention of Myles.

Source: Titans TV 23/07.

Birdie's back!? :banana:

Chaos
24-07-12, 09:41 AM

2 wrongs don't make a right

timor 2
24-07-12, 01:35 PM
TITANS:

1.William Zillman,
2.Kevin Gordon,
3.Jamal Idris,
4. Steve Michaels,
5. David Mead,
6.Aidan Sezer,
7. Scott Prince,
8.Luke Bailey,
9.Matt Srama,
10.Luke Douglas,
11.Greg Bird,
12.Mark Minichiello,
13. Nate Myles.
Interchange (from):

14.Matt White,
15.Ben Ridge,
16.Luke O'Dwyer,
17.Beau Falloon,
18.Michael Henderson

Boofhead
24-07-12, 01:48 PM
Roosters have a promising young full back debuting on the wing against us. Should target him all night.

karnage
24-07-12, 01:49 PM
Henderson lurking menacingly as 18th man!!! 1-17 looks great.

karnage
24-07-12, 01:50 PM
White, Ridge, O'Dwyer, Falloon.

Having Myles able to cover prop allows us to have such a mobile bench and still maintain good balance.

teke
24-07-12, 01:58 PM
Roosters have a promising young full back debuting on the wing against us. Should target him all night.He will get the right treatment from us.

4 Titan Tries down his Corridor :D

DIEHARD
24-07-12, 05:40 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/531680_422615371113045_1839644930_n.jpg

Roosters: 1. Anthony Minichiello, 2. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, 3. Joseph Leilua, 4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall, 5. Tautau Moga, 6. Braith Anasta, 7. Mitchell Pearce, 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, 9. Jake Friend, 10. Frank Paul Nuuausala, 11. Aidan Guerra, 12. Boyd Cordner, 13. Tinirau Arona.

Interchange: 14. Nafe Seluini, 15. Lama Tasi, 16. Mitchell Aubusson, 17. Martin Kennedy, 20. Brad Takairangi (one to be omitted).

Titans: 1. William Zillman, 2. Kevin Gordon, 3 Jamal Idris, 4. Steve Michaels, 5. David Mead, 6. Aidan Sezer, 7. Scott Prince, 8. Luke Bailey, 9. Matt Srama, 10. Luke Douglas, 11. Greg Bird, 12. Mark Minichiello, 13. Nate Myles.

Interchange: 14. Matt White, 15. Ben Ridge, 16. Luke O'Dwyer, 17. Beau Falloon, 18. Michael Henderson (one to be omitted).

Boofhead
24-07-12, 06:18 PM
Unless something has changed over night, it won't be going live into QLD.

Toads
24-07-12, 06:31 PM
Unless something has changed over night, it won't be going live into QLD.
If this is the the case. There's is potentially one positive to pull from it.. There's a good chance that Dropkick Hadley won't be commentating it..

DIEHARD
24-07-12, 06:51 PM
I know it won't be popular but I can see why we are the 2nd game.

We have only come into form recently and got helped last Friday's game due to playing Brisbane.

The Roosters are also a team down on form with little fan base.

Melbourne, while losing a stunning amount of games recently, are in the Top 4 and have big QLD support. They play the Dragons who are fighting for their life, have a huge fan base and have a rivalry with the Storm.

I think it's a bit much to expect Roosters v Titans to unseat Dragons v Melbourne. Although Id love it to be the case.

It sucks. Because Ill just shut off the net.

Sometimes it isnt so bad for Titans fans on the coast who can tune into both QLD and NSW games. Not here in Brisbane.

Hail Sezer
24-07-12, 07:03 PM
Roosters have a promising young full back debuting on the wing against us. Should target him all night.

He's a Kiwi, was scouted and taken over to the Roosters. Good player, but it's so weird knowing that a guy who is my age and played rep footy with players that I've played with before is doing the big time in the NRL.

On the team... MICHAELS MICHAELS MICHAELS jngijngisnin. Panicking.

Besides that though, feeling good. Get up boys!!

Titanic
24-07-12, 10:14 PM
A complacent SKD will get owned by Bird when he looks at our team sheet and sees Michaels.

Smakked
24-07-12, 10:46 PM
Titans by 12 i reckon

I will be watching it live, advantages of where i live , get both NSW and GC Tv.

Rage
24-07-12, 11:26 PM
So the game is the second game on Tv for both QLD and NSW? Has that ever happened before where they don't alternate?

Boofhead
24-07-12, 11:47 PM
Titans by 12 i reckon

I will be watching it live, advantages of where i live , get both NSW and GC Tv.

?

NBN Gold Coast and 9 Gold Coast won't be showing the game til 9.30.

Smakked
25-07-12, 12:00 AM
?

NBN Gold Coast and 9 Gold Coast won't be showing the game til 9.30.

oo ok well i will get it with foxtel/mystar box then :P

Tamwelg
25-07-12, 07:27 AM
So the game is the second game on Tv for both QLD and NSW? Has that ever happened before where they don't alternate?

Yes it has happened a number of times. If you are really wanting to watch it live, find a good Internet stream. Please don't ask for or post any links in this thread though. PM is your friend.

ja4220
25-07-12, 09:39 AM
Hi guys,
Firstly hello, this is one of my first posts after lurking in the shadows for the last couple of seasons.
About the coverage, it is really quite odd as my understanding is that Channel 9 require one Queensland team to go live on a Friday night. Hence the reason the Broncos play 90% of their on a Friday night.
Hoping that it is just a mix up in the guides and at least on of the stations (I get both 9 and NBN also) has it live. Even better hopefully 9 don't get the rights next year and the NRL take the lead of the AFL with every game live in HD (and all Suns and Lions Games live, in HD on FTA)
Hopefully the boys string together a complete 80 minutes and can come away with a good win!
Cheers
JA

TITAN PETE
25-07-12, 10:16 AM
Travis Meyn | 08:04am July 25, 2012

WHILE his Titans teammates hit the training paddock to finetune their preparations during the week, Kevin Gordon sits in the Centre of Excellence with ice strapped to his knee.

It's been a familiar scenario for the fan favourite this year, who has been plagued by the after-effects of last season's knee reconstruction.

Gordon was struck down by an anterior cruciate ligament rupture in round 2 of last year and he is still yet to return to the force he was before.

The 22-year-old flyer has been in solid form since returning in round 4 this season but admits the struggles of a constantly aching knee are taking their toll.

Gordon copped a knock in the Titans' loss to the Warriors recently and getting ready for matches has been a struggle since.

He missed the team's field session yesterday and revealed he would be battling inflammation and scar tissue for the rest of the season.

Gordon will have surgery in the off-season.

"I've been icing it up and resting it up during the week until the day before game day when I get a session in," he said.

"I should be right until the end of the season. I just can't train a lot. It's more physio and rehab.

"The kneecap is never loose. It's always locked up. It makes it really sore."

Despite the constant pain Gordon has played every match since his return.

Coach John Cartwright has been thrilled with his left winger but Gordon has been more critical of his form.

"I could be doing a bit better," he said.

"You know you haven't trained all week but you have to try and stay confident."

Gordon has scored six tries in his 14 appearances this year and is averaging just under 100m a match.

The Skilled Park faithful are yet to see him streak away with a sizzling intercept but Gordon knows it will happen. It's just a matter of time.

"I've been pretty happy. Since I made my comeback I've played every game. I'm pretty happy about that," he said.

Gordon will partner Steve Michaels on the left edge against the Roosters on Friday with Greg Bird named to make his comeback from a troublesome pectoral injury.

Lock Ashley Harrison will miss at least another week with his broken big toe still too painful to play but Ben Ridge will return from a minor pectoral tear.

DavidBouveng
25-07-12, 10:46 AM
this is a shame, as im sure he and the club were hoping for a great pre season to get him in shape and back to top speed.

Boofhead
25-07-12, 11:03 AM
Hi guys,
Firstly hello, this is one of my first posts after lurking in the shadows for the last couple of seasons.
About the coverage, it is really quite odd as my understanding is that Channel 9 require one Queensland team to go live on a Friday night. Hence the reason the Broncos play 90% of their on a Friday night.
Hoping that it is just a mix up in the guides and at least on of the stations (I get both 9 and NBN also) has it live. Even better hopefully 9 don't get the rights next year and the NRL take the lead of the AFL with every game live in HD (and all Suns and Lions Games live, in HD on FTA)
Hopefully the boys string together a complete 80 minutes and can come away with a good win!
Cheers
JA

Welcome to the forums!

We have a lot to look forward to next year. Nine are supposed to be one of our major sponsors as well, what a joke.

karnage
25-07-12, 11:47 AM
BREAKING NEWS: LATE CHANGE TO FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL!!!

9 will be showing the Titans v Easts game live into QLD on channel 9!! :thumbsup:

karnage
25-07-12, 11:48 AM
Hi guys,
Cheers
JA

Your spot on about 9 mate - RUBBISH!!

I watch every game every week except for the 9 game on Sunday and the late one on Friday. I won't watch footy on delay and I won't watch it with ads.

Boofhead
25-07-12, 12:08 PM

9 will be showing the Titans v Easts game live into QLD on channel 9!! :thumbsup:

Made my day!

Toads
25-07-12, 12:16 PM

Spewin', we'll be lumbered with Hadley's drivel then..

Where's Roy 'n HG when ya need em!

DIEHARD
25-07-12, 12:36 PM

Well Ill be damned! :banana:

Titanic
25-07-12, 01:56 PM
No Masoe is a real plus for us.

karnage
25-07-12, 02:05 PM
Spewin', we'll be lumbered with Hadley's drivel then..

Where's Roy 'n HG when ya need em!

Start doing what I do. Watch the game without the volume up on your TV. I know all the players and I know all the rules - I don't need some idiot giving me his (usually biased and inaccurate) take on the game.

teke
25-07-12, 02:16 PM
No Masoe is a real plus for us.Id rather the Roosters be at full strength in their forward pack. They are by far the dumbest collection of penalty givers in the comp.

TITAN PETE
25-07-12, 02:39 PM
Roosters v Titans preview

Nigel Wall NRL.com Wed, Jul 25, 2012 - 12:15 PM

Sydney Roosters v Gold Coast Titans
Allianz Stadium
Friday 7.35pm

Could the Titans be the bolters for the 2012 premiership? Certainly many are making a case for them to follow in the footsteps of recent-season late-bloomers Parramatta, the Roosters and Warriors and push all the way to the decider following their rousing back-to-back wins over the Raiders and Broncos.

Victory over heavyweights Brisbane last Friday elevated the Gold Coast to 10th on the ladder, the second-highest ranked of five sides on 20 competition points ? and just one win away from the eighth-placed Wests Tigers.

It?s been a remarkable turnaround from John Cartwright?s charges after they lost seven of their opening nine games to register their worst start to an NRL season since joining the league in 2007. However, they cannot afford a lapse against the struggling Roosters given they have brutal match-ups with the Rabbitohs and Storm over the next fortnight.

Meanwhile the Roosters? alarming lack of intensity over the past two months was evident yet again last Sunday when they succumbed 28-16 to Penrith. The defeat was their seventh from their past nine starts, with a win over the Wests Tigers and a draw with the Sharks their only joy since Round 9. Languishing in 14th place on the ladder they are now out of the playoffs picture, with inflicting pain on remaining semi-finals candidates their sole motivation before their end-of-season trip.

Brian Smith has tweaked the Roosters? backline this week, with Tautau Moga returning on one wing and Kiwi Schoolboys rookie Roger Tuivasa-Sheck replacing Adam Henry on the other. BJ Leilua shifts to centre, with Mitchell Aubusson hitting the bench.

In the forwards, Frank-Paul Nuuausala will start at prop, with Tinirau Arona to lock the scrum. Martin Kennedy, who had his nose broken by Travis Burns? high shot last week, has been named on an extended bench, with Lama Tasi the new face.

Meanwhile Titans coach John Cartwright welcomes back hard man Greg Bird, who slots into the second row with Nate Myles reverting to lock and Luke O?Dwyer bumped to the bench. Their new faces on the interchange are Ben Ridge and Michael Henderson.

Recent history show a win here is vital if the Titans are to progress beyond Round 26 ? after 20 rounds last season no team outside the top eight was able to force their way into the finals.

Watch Out Roosters: Fullback William Zillman is in irresistible form, having crafted a combination with halfback Scott Prince that resembles dynamic Melbourne duo Billy Slater and Cooper Cronk. After decimating the Raiders with 240 metres, 17 tackle busts and five line-breaks a fortnight ago Zillman backed up with 212 metres, three line-breaks and 12 tackle-breaks against Brisbane. His scything turn-around counter-attack play off a Prince pass yielded the Titans their first points last week ? given the Roosters have conceded the second-most tries from turnovers the tricolours will need to stay focused on their kick chases. Meanwhile the Roosters are the only team in the NRL yet to score from a turnover.

If the Roosters let the Titans make headway up the guts early they could struggle to stay in the contest. The Titans average the fifth-most metres each week, while the Roosters struggle for field position with just the second fewest. Titans forwards to look out for include Greg Bird (132 metres ? most by any second-rower), Nate Myles (116 metres), Luke Douglas (103 metres) and Luke Bailey (100 metres ? and 169 last week).

Centre Jamal Idris (six line-breaks, five line-break assists) and winger David Mead (eight tries) are forming a dangerous combination on the right side of the field. BJ Leilua and Tautau Moga beware!

Danger Sign: The Titans may have scored a measly 11 tries off the boot but you can expect Scott Prince to target the flanks with some high balls this week given the Roosters defuse cross-field bombs poorly (only 45 per cent), contributing to their 19 tries conceded to kicks (second most).

Watch Out Titans: The Titans? ?A? and ?B? defenders need to be switched on given the Roosters? dummy-halves have stolen six line-break assists so far (second most). And they need to ensure they have two markers at all times ? Shaun Kenny-Dowall pounced for a try the last time they met when a miscommunication saw them present just one marker 10 metres out from their try-line.

Boyd Cordner has been a find for the Roosers in 2012. Not only has he stiffened their defence (more than 30 tackles in each of his past four games) but along with Aiden Guerra they have proven adept at finding the try-line (combining for nine tries). Cordner is coming off the back of a personal record for metres in a match, making 121 against the Panthers last week. He?ll be up on confidence and switched on.

Danger Sign: With nothing to lose the Roosters may throw caution to the wind and attempt to blow the Titans off the park with serious razzle-dazzle. Already they lead all teams for tackle busts (36 a game) and make the fourth-most offloads each week (12.1). Their backline is the key, with powerful runners BJ Leilua (79 tackle-breaks), Anthony Minichiello (58) and Shaun Kenny-Dowall (52) certain to threaten. If the passes stick they could easily rack up a score in front of their home crowd.

Mitchell Pearce v Scott Prince: A cracking battle between two outstanding halfbacks. Pearce has come under plenty of fire of late from critics who question his ability to size up correct attacking options but there?s no doubting his ability to keep the ball alive ? his 23 offloads are the most by any No.7. Meanwhile Prince ranks second to Cooper Cronk for try assists by a halfback (with 15); incredibly the Titans have not needed his creative input in their current two-game winning streak ? what will happen if he cuts loose here? However, his kicking game over the past few weeks has been awesome ? he booted 674 metres to keep the Broncos at bay last week, registering the fourth-most kick metres of his 272-game career.

Where It Will Be Won: Keeping mistakes to a minimum. The Roosters make the most errors every week (averaging 11.6), the Titans the next most (11.5). However, over the past fortnight the Titans have made just six errors in each of their wins over the Raiders and Brisbane. Whichever team limits their dropped balls and is able to sustain pressure will gain a huge advantage.

The History: Played 9; Titans 5, Roosters 4. The Titans have won five of the past eight clashes. Victory has alternated between each side over the past six outings, leaving the Titans due for the win here if that trend were to continue. Six of their clashes have been decided by single figures.

The Last Time They Met: The Titans plummeted to the bottom of the NRL ladder when defeated 18-12 by the Roosters at Skilled Park in Round 6 ? incurring their fifth defeat in a row to mark their worst ever start to a season.

It certainly wasn?t pretty on both sides of the arena: in a mistake-strewn encounter the Roosters managed to overcome a woeful 55 per cent completions rate and 18 errors to grab the win. By comparison the Titans were only marginally better, with 62 per cent completions and 17 errors.

The Roosters were first to post points in the 14th minute when centre Shaun Kenny-Dowall caught the Titans? marker defenders napping out of dummy-half, breaking through some flimsy tackle attempts in a 10-metre rush to the try-line.

The Gold Coast struck back eight minutes later when winger David Mead crossed for the first of his two tries on the right edge. That saw the sides head to halftime with a 6-all scoreline; however the deadlock was broken 12 minutes after the resumption of play when Kenny-Dowall crossed for his second try, latching onto a deft Braith Anasta grubber kick into the in-goal down the right fringe.

Just two minutes after the restart of play the Titans? chances of victory looked shot when Anthony Minichiello scored under the posts off a smart inside pass from Mitchell Pearce for an 18-6 lead with 24 minutes remaining.

Mead?s second try off a William Zillman pass gave the home fans a glimmer of hope with seven minutes remaining, however that was where their challenge ended.

The Roosters were best served by halves Anasta and Pearce as well as fullback Minichiello who provided a game-high 24 runs.

Ashley Harrison (18 runs and a line bust) and David Mead (three line-breaks and two tries) tried hard for the Titans.

Match Officials: Referees ? Jason Robinson & Phil Haines; Sideline Officials ? Adam Reid & Clayton Sharpe; Video Referee ? Phil Cooley.

The Way We See It: After squandering their chances against the Warriors with a dismal 55 per cent completion rate in Round 18 the Titans have really respected the Steeden over the past fortnight, completing their sets in excess of 80 per cent each match. That?s what?s required to be successful at the business end of the season. Given the Roosters have been hit-and-miss for the majority of 2012 it?s tough to get warm about the home team?s chances. The visitors have too much to play for and it should be reflected in their attitude. Titans by eight points.

Televised: Channel Nine ? Live 7.30pm (Qld), delayed 9.30pm (NSW); Fox Sports 2 ? Delayed 1am.

?

Ryan
25-07-12, 04:31 PM
Start doing what I do. Watch the game without the volume up on your TV. I know all the players and I know all the rules - I don't need some idiot giving me his (usually biased and inaccurate) take on the game.

+1 It actually works quite well....

Don't let Hadley sour what will be another great win from our boys :fist:

Rage
25-07-12, 04:58 PM
Id rather the Roosters be at full strength in their forward pack. They are by far the dumbest collection of penalty givers in the comp.

This is exactly what I was thinking but oh well, our forward pack will dominate them anyway.

Princey's Titanz
25-07-12, 06:50 PM
Yes it has happened a number of times. If you are really wanting to watch it live, find a good Internet stream. Please don't ask for or post any links in this thread though. PM is your friend.

anyone who wants good websites to watch live streaming footy then pm me. :thumbsup:

i will link you to the site(s).

teke
26-07-12, 01:30 PM
A little birdie told me that a couple of long/short down town kicks should be able to get our wingers into play tomorrow night

Titanic
26-07-12, 03:03 PM
They'd want to be better than last week ... the other Minichiello is one of the best positioned fullbacks in the comp and Anasta at chargedowns. Titans x 6.

gotitans101
26-07-12, 03:26 PM
The TV guide for Nine Brisbane reads:

"Wide World of Sports presents Sydney Roosters versus Gold Coast Titans, live from Allianz Stadium, Sydney. Join Andrew Voss, Darren Lockyer and Brad Fittler for all the action, post match interviews and analysis"

So maybe we won't have to put up with Hadley after all. I personally love Vossy on commentary though.

DIEHARD
26-07-12, 08:22 PM
Brilliant. Vossy, Lockyer and Fittler. Ill take that.

Rage
26-07-12, 08:36 PM
A little birdie told me that a couple of long/short down town kicks should be able to get our wingers into play tomorrow night

One of my favourite plays that I've seen us do is right off a scrum, Prince just booted it down field for Gordon to catch and score. I've only seen this play once and it almost worked too! Hopefully similar style plays, like what Sezer tried last week will feature a bit more.

GoldCoastTitans100
26-07-12, 08:46 PM
The TV guide for Nine Brisbane reads:

So maybe we won't have to put up with Hadley after all. I personally love Vossy on commentary though.

I think Hadley is a great commentator, he talks about the game and doesn't talk about yellow boots and the block.

I don't get why people dislike him tbh.

Tartmaster
26-07-12, 11:54 PM
Hadley is a great radio commentator, he'll get better on the TV, but it's a different style of commentry.
He still over describes everything, he needs to learn that people can see whats happening.

And I want to punch him through the TV every time he says 'wing three-quarter'.
I know it's the technical term, but you don't have to say it every time.

teke
27-07-12, 12:44 AM
They'd want to be better than last week ... the other Minichiello is one of the best positioned fullbacks in the comp and Anasta at chargedowns. Titans x 6.Mini is the one they will be targeting, he is by far the slowest fullback in the comp and the closer the scrum is to our tryline the better. I hope Anasta charges it down with his head.

DIEHARD
27-07-12, 12:47 AM
Gold Coast Titans not bothered by Jamal Idris bellringers

Titans coach John Cartwright, with power Souths furious at Inglis' NRL ban Critics say NRL reviews reacting to inju Hayne ruled out for the NRL season

Titans coach John Cartwright, with powerhouse centre Jamal Idris, is confident his charge can keep his lethal tackles legal. Picture: Jerad Williams Source: The Courier-Mail

GOLD Coast hitman Jamal Idris has a licence to thrill with his brutal shoulder charges with coach John Cartwright confident the giant centre can keep his big hits legal amid the NRL crackdown on high contact.

With the three-game suspension to Greg Inglis having some players fearful at the loss of the physicality of rugby league, Cartwright insisted he would not instruct Idris to change his aggressive defensive tactics despite the threat of bans now confronting players for shots gone wrong.

Idris flattened Alex Glenn with a bellringer last week and has expressed concern about the direction of league's new shoulder charge crackdown.

But Cartwright is adamant the 120kg centre can keep the physicality in his game because he knows how to control it.

"It's within the rules and if you get it right it can be a huge momentum turner," Cartwright said. "(Idris) hasn't had an issue with it. He seems to get it right, he seems to know when and where not to do it.

"It's generally an instinctive thing and when it is instinctive it's like a habit, it's hard to break. When a guy gets the ball at the line and you can put a shot on him that's when it generally happens.

"If they do change that law in the game and ban it, it is going to take a lot of work to break some habits."

Idris has excelled since switching to the right side of the attack and the Titans will need him at his best tonight when they meet the struggling Sydney Roosters at Allianz Stadium in Sydney.

Titans captain Scott Prince admitted the Gold Coast were wary of the damage that could be inflicted upon their finals charge by a team playing without pressure or expectation.

"This one is a bit of a danger game for us. The Roosters are a quality team, a bit inconsistent this year but certainly when they're on we're going to have to be on full alert," Prince said.

The Titans are 10th and one of five teams locked on 20 competition points, one win outside the top eight and needing a storming finish to qualify for the finals.

While Prince admitted he had taken a "sneak peak" at the NRL ladder, Cartwright put their finals ambitions into a harsh reality.

"We've got to win pretty much the majority of our games, which would put you pretty close to winning eight in a row," Cartwright said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au

teke
27-07-12, 12:47 AM
I think Hadley is a great commentator, he talks about the game and doesn't talk about yellow boots and the block.

I don't get why people dislike him tbh.I think he is an ordinary commentator. If you go over the top like he does with that annoying tone you are bound to rub alot of ppl the wrong way

TITAN PETE
27-07-12, 06:17 AM
I think he is an ordinary commentator. If you go over the top like he does with that annoying tone you are bound to rub alot of ppl the wrong way

+1
He's a very good radio commentator & that's where he should stay :rolleyes:

Chaos
27-07-12, 07:53 AM

I don't get why people dislike him tbh.

Hadley is the most critical guy in Rugby League...I want to get excited about a game, not get dragged down into his negative world.

He's very critical of the referee calls...even if they are boaderline.

If an attacking team makes a break but doesn't score...he'll commentate the bust as a blown try and doesn't reward the original bust and what skill was used to create it.
He doesn't know what skills are used to create opportunities and thats an important part of commentating Rugby League.

He has degraded Friday night footy and there are a lot of people saying it.

Titanic
27-07-12, 09:51 AM
What gets me about rugby league commentators in general is that they are always pooh-poohing the sport, players, refs and rules. If you listen to any other sport and I mean any then you hear them talking it up ... as for Hadley, his voice is like fingernails on a blackboard.

beeps
27-07-12, 09:54 AM
One of my favourite plays that I've seen us do is right off a scrum, Prince just booted it down field for Gordon to catch and score. I've only seen this play once and it almost worked too! Hopefully similar style plays, like what Sezer tried last week will feature a bit more.

Yep awesome play
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNcixbgZqB4

GoldCoastTitans100
27-07-12, 02:28 PM
Hadley is the most critical guy in Rugby League...I want to get excited about a game, not get dragged down into his negative world.

He's very critical of the referee calls...even if they are boaderline.

If an attacking team makes a break but doesn't score...he'll commentate the bust as a blown try and doesn't reward the original bust and what skill was used to create it.
He doesn't know what skills are used to create opportunities and thats an important part of commentating Rugby League.

He has degraded Friday night footy and there are a lot of people saying it.

I think he is just not afraid to point out how useless the refs are.

I disagree, when something good happens he rewards the play, the only difference is when Voss is still talking about the awesome play and admiring the colors of the players boots, Hadley is ready for the kick off.

And than you have Phil Gould telling us its the best atmosphere he has ever seen, he can be very repetitive and annoying.

Just glad they bought a new commentator in that doesn't ramble on about nothing all game.

teke
27-07-12, 05:49 PM
I will sob til Im dehydrated if the Scum win tonight.

C'arn the Titans :salute: :fight:

Chaos
27-07-12, 06:26 PM
I think he is just not afraid to point out how useless the refs are.

I disagree, when something good happens he rewards the play, the only difference is when Voss is still talking about the awesome play and admiring the colors of the players boots, Hadley is ready for the kick off.

And than you have Phil Gould telling us its the best atmosphere he has ever seen, he can be very repetitive and annoying.

Just glad they bought a new commentator in that doesn't ramble on about nothing all game.

I think we live in different dimensions

GoldCoastTitans100
27-07-12, 06:53 PM
I think we live in different dimensions

Agreed

Titanic
27-07-12, 06:56 PM
Agreed

Lol ... not long to go lads, I haven't been this excited since ... last week.

Boofhead
27-07-12, 08:08 PM
What is going on...

Hail Sezer
27-07-12, 08:11 PM
f***. so frustrating

Hail Sezer
27-07-12, 08:14 PM
Mead...PRINCEEYY

DIEHARD
27-07-12, 08:17 PM
Really disappointed with the amount of penalties and field position we have give away. Roosters camped in our 20 all night.

Amazing effort by Mead to get us up field. A bit of Wally Lewis type magic for Prince to spilt them open with a dummy. Levels it up.

DIEHARD
27-07-12, 08:18 PM
Damn it. Forget Chooks scored twice!

DIEHARD
27-07-12, 08:19 PM
Good kick to get the line drop out. We need to score before half time. Come on boys.

DIEHARD
27-07-12, 08:19 PM
Hell yea! Idris doing what we want him to do. Smash the line like a cannon ball! And we SCORE!

DIEHARD
27-07-12, 08:21 PM
12-10 up before half time. Very good.

Boofhead
27-07-12, 08:21 PM
That's better lads!

DIEHARD
27-07-12, 08:22 PM
Wow. Second short kick off from Roosters!

But Idris is there! Then we get a penalty too. Very good!

DIEHARD
27-07-12, 08:22 PM
Wow. Second short kick off from Roosters!

But Idris is there! Then we get a penalty too. Very good!

DIEHARD
27-07-12, 08:23 PM
WTF is Beau Ryan doing seriously? He is out of his depth. Just like last night when he "co hosted" the footy show. Nine are obviously trying to build his profile. Bleh

Hail Sezer
27-07-12, 08:27 PM
Lets start this half like we finished the last lads

teke
27-07-12, 08:30 PM
Good work by Titans not to lose their bundle. They are fighting and the 2 tries were the result of this.

No better player in broken play than Prince :banana:

Hail Sezer
27-07-12, 08:34 PM
Anyone else get rediculously excited when Mead got out into the open?

teke
27-07-12, 08:37 PM
Anyone else get rediculously excited when Mead got out into the open?I did and was yelling for him to gas it.

He umm'd and argh'd cause it was Pearce. Im sure he would have put the foot down if it was Mini

Hail Sezer
27-07-12, 08:43 PM
Field position!

Hail Sezer
27-07-12, 08:44 PM
Zilly!!!! Finding form when it counts.

Hail Sezer
27-07-12, 08:46 PM
Princey held the D so well. Has had a great game.

Hail Sezer
27-07-12, 08:47 PM
So far...touch wood...foot on the throat boys!

DIEHARD
27-07-12, 08:47 PM
Well done to Prince setting up Zillman. At first I thought he was held up. I guess I blinked! Shame we missed the conversion. A 8 point lead would be handy.

Titanic
27-07-12, 08:49 PM
Was lurking in the wrong thread ... did you miss me? Agree with everything everybody has said ... now did you miss me?

DIEHARD
27-07-12, 08:50 PM
Oh where was the Titans pressure on that kick!?! Missed opportunity!!

DIEHARD
27-07-12, 08:50 PM
Was lurking in the wrong thread ... did you miss me? Agree with everything everybody has said ... now did you miss me?

You the man Titanic!

DIEHARD
27-07-12, 08:52 PM
Steggles. Opportos. Easts powered by selling tasty chicken carcasses.

DIEHARD
27-07-12, 08:53 PM
Hope Aiden is ok. Didn't look good on his ankle that tackle.

Titanic
We need other players on the inside not just Zillman.

DIEHARD
Heart attack stuff! Somehow we got the feed!

DIEHARD
27-07-12, 08:59 PM
Falloon in. 22-10 looks good! 20 mins to go.

Tartmaster
27-07-12, 09:00 PM
Heart attack stuff! Somehow we got the feed!

Mad skills by Mead to get that away.
Respect to the touchie for seeing it too.

Titanic
27-07-12, 09:01 PM
really crap ... not putting them on the ground

Tartmaster
27-07-12, 09:02 PM
Soft try to Maubs.

My pet hate when the defence just stands there looking at the guy with the ball.

Hail Sezer
27-07-12, 09:04 PM
That was ****.
We really cannot afford to be complacent by any means.

Penalty came at a time we needed it.

DIEHARD
27-07-12, 09:06 PM
Just a mere six points in it here. 15 to go. Hopefully we can score on this set off the goal line drop out.

DIEHARD
27-07-12, 09:07 PM
"He is ****ing milking it" LOL

We will take those two points please!!

Hail Sezer
27-07-12, 09:08 PM
HAHAHAHA, onya Princey.

DIEHARD
27-07-12, 09:09 PM
Very handy two points. 24-16

Another short kick off?! Never seen anything like this.

Hail Sezer
27-07-12, 09:11 PM
Yeah another fail too. Idris is profiting off of them big time

Tartmaster
27-07-12, 09:11 PM
Short kick offs are gun.
Teams should do them more often.

When done properly, they're gun.
When Rooters do them, they are not.

DIEHARD
27-07-12, 09:12 PM
Lost it! That'll be a telling error by Easts.

DIEHARD
27-07-12, 09:15 PM
Short kick offs are gun.
Teams should do them more often.

When done properly, they're gun.
When Rooters do them, they are not.

I was thinking this last week. But they are only ever used when it's expected.

Anything unpredictable is good for Rugby League.

DIEHARD
27-07-12, 09:15 PM
Hope Bird is ok. Saying his hamstring is injuried.

DIEHARD
27-07-12, 09:16 PM
Ooooo. YEA! Zillman swerves in to score! Really looking like a class fullback!

thelwall
27-07-12, 09:17 PM
zipp zipp :) :) :) i love him

DIEHARD
27-07-12, 09:19 PM
ANOTHER short kick off!!

30-16. Let's score more Titans!

DIEHARD
27-07-12, 09:20 PM
HOLY!!!!!! Did YOU see that pass from Prince to Srama!?!? Wow!

thelwall
yewww im loving this ****t :)

DavidBouveng
Boom eighth!!! Come on Souths.

Titanic
great try ... great kick ... great win > after a very poor start.

DIEHARD
27-07-12, 09:21 PM
36-16. I'm a very happy Titans fan!

Tartmaster
27-07-12, 09:26 PM
Titans win, In the 8, and I had money on them, bloody good night.

teke
27-07-12, 09:30 PM
The scum only had 25 mins in them tonight.

Solid win.

Now for multiple Bunny injuries vs the Tigers

DIEHARD
27-07-12, 09:30 PM
Great to see our players mix with the fans down there. It's much appreciated by the supporters. And just the sight of it is a credit to the players and club. That is how you make diehard supporters.

Bayside Titan
27-07-12, 09:34 PM
Great win by the boys tonight. Well balanced performance. Fallon is really starting to find his feet and playing well. Think our bench tonight was well balanced.

thelwall
27-07-12, 09:41 PM
hargaves is so dirty i woulda smacked him one

Chaos
27-07-12, 09:48 PM
The best thing for me tonight wasn't the score (as good as it was) it was the fact that the whole side played well.

Sezer has a great kicking game but his outside man don't get the ball unless chasing the kick.
Probably a good thing as Michaels only has pace.

DIEHARD
27-07-12, 10:32 PM
Terrific Titans outgun Roosters

GOLD COAST TITANS 36
(W Zillman 2, S Prince, J Idris, B Falloon, M Srama Tries; S Prince 5/6 Goals, 1/1 Penalty Goal)
Defeated
SYDNEY ROOSTERS 16
(T Arona, M Pearce, M Aubusson Tries; B Anasta 2/3 Goals)
At Allianz Stadium.

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans have shown great team spirit to fight back from an early deficit to overpower the Sydney Roosters 36-16 at Allainz Stadium.

Down 10-0 and going backwards in the first 20 minutes, the Titans rallied to put on an attacking masterclass toward the back end of the match - keeping their finals hopes alive in the process.

It was all action from the very first seconds of the game with a short kick-off from the Roosters taking everyone off guard. The early trickery didn’t pay off for the Tricolours but set the tone for a very interesting encounter.

The attack continued from the Roosters after the Titans solid first possession. The Roosters spread the ball efficiently down the right opening up an opportunity, securing a repeat set off a nice grubber kick.

After weathering the early storm from the Roosters it was the Titans turn, and after after some swift ball movement made impressive metres. The Gold Coast men looked threatening with their first chance, but as was the story of the early running - the defence won the battle.

However, points weren’t far away, and on the back of dual penalties Tinirau Arona crossed for the Roosters. It seemed a little bobble just before the line opened up the gap for the lock forward who crossed the line just to the left of the uprights in the 12th minute.

A bit of Jamal Idris brilliance almost brought the Titans level soon after, when the big centre came within centimetres of grounding a ball which had been kicked through from the wing. Idris showed remarkable speed to come from almost 40 metres back, only to have the ball beat him through the in-goal area despite a desperate dive.

The missed opportunity was then compounded with a penalty to the Roosters as the Titans’ frustrations grew. The Roosters made no mistake with fantastic field position making the Titans pay, with Mitchell Pearce doing it all himself collecting his own grubber to take the score to 10-0.

Not to be outdone, Scott Prince reversed the situation, scoring straight back for the Titans with a lovely jinking run. Prince’s opportunity came on the back of a terrific dart by David Mead who got the Titans on the front foot. Prince converted his own try, taking the score to 10-6 after 30 minutes.

Backing up his earlier effort, Jamal Idris then stormed over the line in the next set to put the Gold Coast men in front. The right centre was unstoppable, breaking three tackles to set up an easy conversion for Prince with five minutes on the clock.

Both sides continued to throw the ball around in the dying minutes of the first half, but the score would remain stagnant at 12-10 to the Titans, setting up a blockbuster second half.

The second stanza started as frantically as the first, with a Roosters error opening up an opportunity for the Titans. After controlling the ball initially, Prince got the ball in his hands, double pumping for a hard-running William Zillman. Prince hit the upright with the relatively easy attempt to leave the scoreline at 16-10.

Only some fantastic Roosters scramble defence stopped the Titans extending their lead following their third try, with Anthony Minichiello fronting up to stop Beau Falloon on the break. The Gold Coast interchange scrambled through the line making considerable ground only to have the Roosters custodian stand in his way to keep his men in the match and thwart the Titans momentum.

However, the Titans, and Falloon, could only be held out for so long with the on-fire substitute increasing the lead when he barged over the line from dummy-half in the 56th minute to take the score to 22-10.

Needing inspiration, the Roosters then channeled their inner Harlem Globetrotter, throwing the ball around with reckless abandon, going through multiple hands before Mitchell Aubusson powered over showing impressive strength to take the score to 22-16. The converted try sparked the Tricolours as the match began to become increasingly tight.

A penalty on the line to the Titans saw a cool, calm and collected Scott Prince take the margin out to eight after Anthony Minichiello pushed Prince in the play the ball area. The penalty seemed to spark both sides, and after a minor melee, the tension in the match hit fever pitch.

Both sides, gave it their absolute utmost, with the Roosters denied a crucial try through a forward pass to open the door for a brilliant Zillman to score his double in the right corner. Matt Srama also got over the line with an enthusiastic effort to round out a 36-16 victory.

Top Performers
Best for the Titans were Aidan Sezer, Luke Bailey, Nate Myles and Scott Prince, while Best for the Roosters were Mitchell Aubusson, Martin Kennedy and Tinirau Arona.

Injury News
Gold Coast Titans: Greg Bird (Hamstring).
Sydney Roosters: None to report.

GOLD COAST TITANS
W Zillman, K Gordon, J Idris, S Michaels, D Mead, A Sezer, S Prince (c), L Bailey, M Srama, L Douglas, G Bird, M Minichiello, N Myles.
Bench: M White, B Ridge, L O'Dwyer, B Falloon.

SYDNEY ROOSTERS
A Minichiello, R Tuivasa-Sheck, J Leilua, S Kenny-Dowall, T Moga, B Anasta (c), M Pearce, J Waerea-Hargreaves, J Friend, F-P Nuuausala, A Guerra, B Cordner, T Arona.
Bench: N Seluini, L Tasi, M Aubusson, M Kennedy.

In the NYC match the Roosters beat the Titans 30-16.

http://www.titans.com.au

karnage
27-07-12, 10:40 PM
WOOHOO!!:banana:

After our first 2 months of football, to be in the 8 with 5 rounds remaining is a massive credit to the whole squad. We are a relevant football team and I will really enjoy the next 9 days as we build up to the HUGE game against the Bunnies.

I'm not singling anyone out after that - as Chaos said it was a true team performance!!

DIEHARD
27-07-12, 10:48 PM
Titans close in on top eight NRL berth

Gold Coast could find themselves in the NRL top eight by the end of the weekend and their 36-16 win over the Sydney Roosters on Friday night suggests they won't be making up the numbers if they do qualify for the finals.

Under plenty of pressure and down 10-0 early in the match against a Roosters team with nothing to lose, the Titans hung tough in defence before showcasing their ability with the ball - bagging four consecutive tries either side of halftime and winning the final 50 minutes 36-6.

Roosters forward Mitchell Aubusson scored in the 61st minute to cut the margin to six, but an all-too common moment of ill-discipline from fiery prop Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, when he gave referee Phil Haines a spray, allowed Titans skipper Scott Prince to kick the visitors away by eight with a penalty 13 minutes from fulltime.

When William Zillman completed a double and Matt Srama dived over in the final minutes, it was officially curtains for the Roosters' season.

The under-fire club had a crisis meeting during the week to air their grievances and it seemed to pay off early.

The home side threw caution to the wind and Tinirau Arona and Mitchell Pearce capitalised early for a 10-0 lead.

But a piece of David Mead brilliance in the 30th minute sparked a dramatic turnaround and the Titans rallied to take a 12-10 lead into the break.

They kicked on to keep their finals aspirations well and truly alive and importantly cut their points differential to minus 2.

Mead ran 80 metres from his own goal-line after leaping to take a bomb and from the subsequent play, Prince, who orchestrated the victory, darted through a gap to cut the margin to four.

Five minutes later giant centre Jamal Idris crashed over from short range, and, when Zillman and Beau Falloon consolidated the lead by crossing for the first tries of the second half, the Titans had the inconsistent Roosters at their mercy.

The Roosters repeatedly went for the short kick-off from restarts and chanced their hand but a third-straight loss is sure to propel rumours of player discontent.

Heading into the round, the Titans were one of five teams locked on 20 points, just one win behind the eighth-placed Wests Tigers.

http://www.nrl.com

TITAN PETE
27-07-12, 10:55 PM
Great win & it was an awesome team performance but I will single out Scott Prince for taking on the line & playing with a lot of confidence ! Brilliant game :thumbsup:

Excellent kicking game & I think it is the main difference between the Titans today & 3 months ago...

Hang on guys this season is getting better every week ;)

teke
27-07-12, 10:58 PM
Michaels extends his solid form.

Kev extends his passless season another match.

TITAN PETE
27-07-12, 11:01 PM
Michaels extends his solid form.

Kev extends his passless season another match.

& Mead let's another couple of high balls Bounce :surprise:

What is going on there mate ..

teke
27-07-12, 11:02 PM
& Mead let's another couple of high balls Bounce :surprise:

What is going on there mate ..He did?

Jamal's Hamstring
27-07-12, 11:37 PM
I will eat humble pie. Prince and Idris played quite well. Great to see Matty cross!

Smakked
27-07-12, 11:37 PM
Just watched it, Awesome win by the boys tonight all played well Falloon was awesome i thought

Supergoose
27-07-12, 11:50 PM
Loved tonight. I reckon a heap of teams will come out all guns blazing like that trying to put us off our game early and our last round match against Manly will almost certainly follow the same script. To overcome the deficit and the ire of the refs early as the Roosters were repeatedly piggy-backed down the field was outstanding. I thought Ridge deserved more minutes, he played tight and tough tonight. Prince fantastic and Idris starting to provide a glimpse of his worth. Hoping the Bunnies smash the Tigers into submission and we get a good test of where we are at next week against a finals bound team. PS, Dragons were good tonight and our game against Melbourne is looking increasingly like a gimme, although Slater looked way off the pace but will be better for the run.

Titanic
27-07-12, 11:57 PM
Michaels extends his solid form/Kev extends his passless season another match.

These are amazing stats and being the David Middleton of our left side I suggest that it is intentional not to pass to Michaels because he can't catch and not to Gordon because he can't run at full stretch. They both can hit it up and provide fair kick returns but this is really our weakest area ... I won't even mention Michael's defence and we should all remember that he only ever plays a fair game every two weeks and this was that week so what about Souths?

Julius Sezer
28-07-12, 10:26 AM
great try ... great kick ... great win > after a very poor start.

I wouldnt say it was a poor start considering the defence that we showed to them. Throwing away penalties is pissing me off. But we won comfortably at the end.

Julius Sezer
28-07-12, 10:33 AM
Luke O'Dwyer throws away so many penalties FFS

karnage
28-07-12, 10:33 AM
There is one massive downside to this game that I just noticed. I had to bring T. Moga into my SuperCoach team in place of the injured Simon Mannering and he managed to score a staggering -1 points!! I'd have been better leaving Mannering in!!!

Mead did a real number on him.

shamus
28-07-12, 10:53 AM
Luke O'Dwyer throws away so many penalties FFS

I have noticed he has a bad habit on hanging onto the leg of the tackled player 1 or 2 seconds longer than he needs to. He could have been pinged a couple of times..:ugh:

DavidBouveng
28-07-12, 11:06 AM
Princey also gave out a few free chicken wings and was lucky to not get penalized. Last thing we need is our reborn leader missing the crucial last 4 rounds.

Titanic
28-07-12, 12:48 PM
Watching it again on satellite.

Minichiello not sighted for their first try.
Michaels = woeful missed tackle for Pearce try and Bird flying very lose to the wind.
Prince's dummy on SKD to score = lol.
White's slips catch off a shocking Falloon pass.
Idris owning Kennedy and Minichiello to score.
Lewis understating Idris jumping in the air "rather high jump".
Bird giiving the ball up to milk a penalty ... that's poor play.
Prince can't shoulder charge and Zillman can't pass either side.

HT

Ridge needs more minutes, no we need Ridge to have more minutes.
Zillman in because he couldn't/wouldn't pass.
Falloon kicks to the ingoal and it has spiders on it.
Zillman had a good look at the opposition and Prince hit him fair in the shoulder for a knock on.
Yep, twice in 2 minutes Mead let it bounce.
Lmao ... Falloon scores and Wally says "he looks like a delighted young man" :-0 ah the King.
Vossy can't tell the difference between Bailey and White but then again nor can their mothers.
MAubs try was a shocking miss by Myles/Sezer.
Moga looked up, saw Chalky and sprinted for the dead ball ... who wouldn't?
JWH could be a real weapon but gee what a tool.
Chalky v JWH = no contest. Chalky joins the health care mob giving facials.
At 24-16 if Moga had scored from a marginal forward pass it was still game on.
Zillman scores and gets a mouthfull of Idris pigtail as a reward.
Ten years ago Prince would have got a million for dropping his dacks on tv.
What's so unusual about 2 hookers scoring? That's their job isn't it?

Observations:

The two Minichiellos never touched each other until shaking hands at the end of the game.
Myles tackling style is like a butting bull.
Bird needs a kick up the ****. I know he was injured but his attitude was really poor.

And ... oh yeah ... we won again ... two wins in two days ... yeehaaaaah.

teke
28-07-12, 01:07 PM
There is one massive downside to this game that I just noticed. I had to bring T. Moga into my SuperCoach team in place of the injured Simon Mannering and he managed to score a staggering -1 points!! I'd have been better leaving Mannering in!!!

Mead did a real number on him.Moga is still very very green at the top level. There is a bit of laziness in his game.

teke
28-07-12, 01:11 PM

Michaels = woeful missed tackle for Pearce try and Bird flying very lose to the wind.

HT

Zillman in because he couldn't/wouldn't pass.I think you will find it was Bird/Sezer for the Pearce try. Michaels defended solid the entire game.

Titanic
28-07-12, 01:52 PM
I think you will find it was Bird/Sezer for the Pearce try. Michaels defended solid the entire game.

Didn't see the little tounge sticking out so assumed it was Michaels. Agree Michaels owned SKD all night.

teke
28-07-12, 02:10 PM
Didn't see the little tounge sticking out so assumed it was Michaels. Agree Michaels owned SKD all night.:laugh:

Bird looked under done from the get go, his timing was a touch out on everything he did but still bought that raw aggression.

Rage
28-07-12, 02:13 PM
Damn that was a good game! Only thing that kept annoying me was watching all the penalties that kept getting given up to the Roosters allowing them to piggy back their way up the field. I was so excited in the final play when Sezer(?not sure) made that break and I thought we were finally gonna get that elusive 40 points but ah well, there's always next week!

lonegull
28-07-12, 02:17 PM
just watching the replay, and I didnt realise last night on how much work Ridge got through in both defence and attack, he is developing into a good player and tough as nails

teke
28-07-12, 02:25 PM
just watching the replay, and I didnt realise last night on how much work Ridge got through in both defence and attack, he is developing into a good player and tough as nailsI think he is going to push into rep footy in a few years time

DavidBouveng
28-07-12, 03:22 PM

HT

Zillman in because he couldn't/wouldn't pass.
Falloon kicks to the ingoal and it has spiders on it.
Zillman had a good look at the opposition and Prince hit him fair in the shoulder for a knock on.
Yep, twice in 2 minutes Mead let it bounce.
Lmao ... Falloon scores and Wally says "he looks like a delighted young man" :-0 ah the King.
Vossy can't tell the difference between Bailey and White but then again nor can their mothers.
MAubs try was a shocking miss by Myles/Sezer.
Moga looked up, saw Chalky and sprinted for the dead ball ... who wouldn't?
JWH could be a real weapon but gee what a tool.
Chalky v JWH = no contest. Chalky joins the health care mob giving facials.
At 24-16 if Moga had scored from a marginal forward pass it was still game on.
Zillman scores and gets a mouthfull of Idris pigtail as a reward.
Ten years ago Prince would have got a million for dropping his dacks on tv.
What's so unusual about 2 hookers scoring? That's their job isn't it?

Observations:

The two Minichiellos never touched each other until shaking hands at the end of the game.
Myles tackling style is like a butting bull.
Bird needs a kick up the ****. I know he was injured but his attitude was really poor.

And ... oh yeah ... we won again ... two wins in two days ... yeehaaaaah.

I think at one point our mini came flying in the smash their mini. Late ish in game, maybe just before aubo scored, but there was mini on mini action for sure, me and my mates had a laugh about it.

TITAN PETE
28-07-12, 03:50 PM
Srama Happy to Share the 9

Last year Matt Srama broke onto the scene as an 80-minute tackling machine, but in this season's run to the finals the Gold Coast No.9 is happy to be in a time-share arrangement with replacement hooker Beau Falloon.

Srama was lauded as a future Queensland rake after a stellar start to his NRL career, and admits having his playing minutes slashed was a little difficult to swallow at first.

But the facts are simple - since South Sydney recruit Falloon was injected into the team against Canberra in round 19, the Titans have gone on a three-match winning streak.

Falloon scored his second try in three games in Friday night's 36-16 win over the Sydney Roosters, as the resurgent Titans kept well in the race for eighth spot.

Srama concedes he has suffered a little bit from second-year syndrome in 2012 but believes his one-two combination with Falloon has proven the perfect tonic.

He can preserve his body and go full tilt when he's on the field.

"I've got to admit, it's been difficult, players get to know you more, but in saying that I worked hard and I think we're working really well as a team and personally I'm pretty happy with my game," Srama told AAP.

"When I'm on there I want to make it quality and the amount of time I'm out there I want to provide a lot in attack as well as defence.

"(The combination) is going really good. He (Falloon) had an injury in the pre-season which set him back and he deserved his chance. He's been playing some really good footy, we've been getting good minutes together ... I think we can build a good bond coming into the finals."

The Titans have turned their form around drastically in the past 10 weeks after an ordinary start to the season and are now in the frame for the playoffs.

Following the high profile purchases of Nate Myles and Jamal Idris in the off-season and the blooding of five-eighth Aidan Sezer, Srama says it's taken time for the Titans to click.

However he believes if they do sneak into the finals they're capable of making some noise.

Gold Coast are on 22 competition points and crucially they've improved their points-differential to -2.

"It mainly comes from the attitude of all the players. There's a really strong belief now that we can do it," he said.

NSW forward Greg Bird suffered a hamstring injury on Friday night and will need scans, but coach John Cartwright doesn't believe it's too bad.

Interchange forward Ben Ridge copped a knock on his knee but should be right to take on South Sydney in a blockbuster next weekend at Skilled Park

Supergoose
28-07-12, 04:28 PM
Not just giving away penalties, but Princes first kick went dead and that was a poor end to a good set. Roosters got marched down the field with a penalty or two and set up camp for a try. They were playing alright at that stage but a kick that pinned them in the corner or at least resulted in a tackle inside their ten metre zone would've been a much better start.

teke
28-07-12, 05:06 PM
Alot of nit picking going after one of the seasons best wins. If they can keep to this standard each round until the end it will satisfy alot of ppl.

Jamal's Hamstring
28-07-12, 05:08 PM
Alot of nit picking going after one of the seasons best wins. If they can keep to this standard each round until the end it will satisfy alot of ppl.

I'll agree with this. It's almost like some people only watched the first ten minutes judging by the tone of some posts. And that's coming from me- who can be a fair bit cynical towards the playing group at times.

I'd expect we take the same team against Souths and I'm hoping for a very similar result.

Titanic
28-07-12, 05:17 PM
It's a discussion board about a game not a love-in and there has been plenty said in support of a very credible win.

I'd expect we take the same team against Souths and I'm hoping for a very similar result.

Knowing Cartwright's history someone will make way for Harrison at the very least, I just hope it's not Ridge. Also if Bird is not fit then he should not be carried like last night or we'll be found out. Souths are not the Roosters.

Ryan
28-07-12, 05:19 PM
What I'm happy about most is attacking right up to the 80th minute. They didn't surrender a 20 point margin or even a 'consolation try'. And they just about hit the big 40 on the last play :fist:

Shaping up for finals footy nicely :thumbsup:

Confident about beating the Rabbitohs. I hope fox are broadcasting the game so we can watch it live. We are the 3pm game, but I noticed the golden donkeys also have a Sunday game, so they should get the fta slot.....

teke
28-07-12, 05:26 PM
It's a discussion board about a game not a love-in and there has been plenty said in support of a very credible win.
I don't think anyone would confuse it with being a love-in.

I might aswell get in on it :D

Sezer has let in at least 5/6 linebreaks over the past 4 weeks and a fair few of them has led to tries. Jamal once again does poor read on his goal line to let in a try. For all the negatives that Chalky produces he has some good ball skills and Zillys last try off his pass was neat

Ryan
28-07-12, 05:27 PM
Knowing Cartwright's history someone will make way for Harrison at the very least, I just hope it's not Ridge. Also if Bird is not fit then he should not be carried like last night or we'll be found out. Souths are not the Roosters.

Souths are not Souths without Inglis & Luke. I doubt we'll get much of an indication of their strength against the Tigers, and the Dragons made Sutton look like a decent player. After two soft games and two of their best players out, the rabbitohs should be ripe for picking next week.....

Ryan
28-07-12, 05:34 PM

Mead did a real number on him.

I almost made that same mistake! I left Mannering out and almost put Moga in, thank **** I didn't. Disappointed about not having Prince in my 17, he scored a nice 90 points for my bench last night :rolleyes:

Titanic
28-07-12, 07:31 PM
I also think we can ambush Souths but our left edge is our weakness and that's where Bird, Michaels and Sezer all are, hence my concern.

Supergoose
28-07-12, 08:25 PM
Predicting Souths will hammer the Tigers even without Luke and Inglis and will be a little complacent against us. We can definitely win the rest of our games. Last game against Manly should be a cracker.

Rage
28-07-12, 08:43 PM
Sezer and Prince had some very good kicking games as well last night so if they can keep that up I'm very confident for the Souths game.

teke
28-07-12, 09:54 PM
I think our left edge is defence may be better than the Bunnies left side.

Matt King has been carved up hard in the last few weeks. If the boys direct some play at him they will get metres.

Jamal's Hamstring
28-07-12, 10:56 PM

Big disappointment if Ridge gets flicked. I must admit to cracking the ****s when Nate got up holding his chest. I almost made a thread earlier this week saying that I was well and truly over all of the 'tough men playing through injuries' media hype lately. Every team has injuries. If you aren't 100% you shouldn't play.

You can be the greatest player in the game but if we only get five minutes out of you before falling over because you weren't 100% and we end up a man down, you've done us no favours. I don't like the gamble. And I'm sick of the media pumping it up as heroics.

Hey-suess.