PDA

View Full Version : Titans Forward pack

brn2bwyld
31-01-06, 08:11 PM
Should the titans go with a smaller pack for mobility, like the Tigers or a big one like the Warriors. I believe a mixed one is the way to go.

DeeGan
31-01-06, 11:34 PM
Should the titans go with a smaller pack for mobility, like the Tigers or a big one like the Warriors. I believe a mixed one is the way to go.

You need to mix it up not being too much of either IMO. Build around Luke Bailey, quite simple. I see Carty and Satts looking at packs with similar attributes to the Sydney Roosters and Tigers.

DeeGan

Super Cronk
31-01-06, 11:36 PM
I think you most definately need atleast 1 big enforcer in the team. Someone that has the size but also the work rate. Mobility around the ruck with big guys is also an advantage. As deegan said, mixing it up is prolly th best option. Plus you can also bulk up if need be.

DIEHARD
01-02-06, 01:52 AM
We need some defensive machines, hard hitters and tireless.

RIP
06-02-06, 04:10 PM
We'll the forwards make the game Bailey is great Fielden even better but we need more Webb? but than again we can't weaken Qld other best team. Kiddwell from the storm. I love big hits & Tackles So u can c how i broke my collar bone last year. & players with a boxing back ground if there is a blue. :box:

Kingytek
06-02-06, 04:37 PM
D) All of the above (Anthony Laffranchi)

Eel 33
07-02-06, 09:41 AM
Don't forget about the local juniors. I'm sure there would be a few big boys who would be chomping at the bit to pull the Titans jersey on and let rip.

Moejoe
07-02-06, 09:57 AM
Bring back Marty Bella...................Ok maybe not. I tend to think a mix is whats needed. 2 big props and a more agile second row and lock.

Titanium_BD1103
07-02-06, 10:59 AM
Spot on agree with what Moejoe said... :D :D

Well we already know that Bailey, Lafranchi and O Dwyer are all in there so I would have a team that looks like this... and it is based on Deegan and Moejoe's ideas of a mixture of mobile and tough players.. :)

8. Luke Bailey
10. Fui Fui Moi Moi (If he is off contract, and does well at Parra, he would be a good strong tough player to get IMO)
11. Anthony Lafranchi
12. Ashton Sims (I reckon get him into the second row as he has footwork)
13. Luke O' Dwyer

Of course there are many others, but that IMO is an example of a forward pack that is affordable, and is a mixture of strength and agility, but I know others would have other ideas... :D :D

Dakink
07-02-06, 11:24 AM
I like Moi Moi - Im still unsure of Sims - his talent is undeniable its just that he struggled a little last year and Id like to give him another couple to prove his skill. Though he good be a good buy if bought before and developed.

lonegull
07-02-06, 02:04 PM
i think moi moi would be good but wgat about the bloke who won the best and fairest and the orara sevens he plays front row so i think we might be onto something good there :guit:

The Original Idiot
07-02-06, 04:00 PM
Moi Moi as a prop? I say try to get Kirk Reynoldson from the Knights to play lock. He is a hard worker, can stay onfield for quite a while.

Titanium_BD1103
07-02-06, 05:47 PM
I reckon IMO he would do better there..otherwise Sims could be Prop and Moi Moi Second Row.. either way IMO it is a good idea... ;)

As for Lock.. Didn't we sign O'Dwyer to play lock.. so getting Reynoldson would be a bit costly, seeing as we already spent money buying a lock.. on the official website the current team looks like this.. ;)

8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. TBA
11. TBA
12. Anthony Laffranchi
13. Luke O'Dwyer

So it is just a case of filling the gaps... now Reynoldson would be a good player though.. maybe in the Second Row.. could be useful.. it is an idea.. ;)

RIP
14-02-06, 10:28 AM
I forgot about anthony top player :whatd: