PDA

View Full Version : Prince to negotiate with Queensland clubs?

DIEHARD
31-01-06, 03:44 PM
Prince fits Cowboys' profile
By Brent Read

North Queensland could offer Scott Prince the opportunity to return home after confirmation the Wests Tigers captain has been granted permission to negotiate with the NRL's Queensland clubs.

The Tigers yesterday said they had allowed Prince and his manager the opportunity to speak to Brisbane, Gold Coast and the Cowboys.

Prince has until the end of the month to complete negotiations before providing the Tigers with written details of their rivals' offers for the 2007 season and beyond.

Cowboys chief executive Peter Parr said last year's grand finalists would be interested in holding talks with the former Queensland halfback, who was born in Mt Isa and began his first grade career with the club as an 18 year old in 1998.

North Queensland's expression of interest means all three clubs north of the border have indicated a willingness to negotiate with the Tigers halfback, who is off contract at the end of the forthcoming.

"I think it would be silly not to have a chat," Parr said.

"He fits our criteria. He's just captained a grand final-winning side, he just won the Clive Churchill medal, he's been on a Kangaroos tour, he's a north Queenslander and he's played at our club before."

If the Cowboys were successful in luring Prince north, they would likely move Dally M medal winner Johnathan Thurston to five-eighth and field arguably the finest halves combination in the NRL.

Gold Coast is considered the frontrunner for Prince's services but, after talking with chief executive Michael Searle, coach John Cartwright made it clear yesterday the fledgling club would not become involved in a bidding war. Prince is expected to command more than $350,000 on the open market.

Cartwright was salivating at the prospect of pairing Prince with Penrith five-eighth Preston Campbell, who has signed to join the Titans when they enter the NRL in 2007.

"You have one instinctive guy like Preston and you have a bloke like Prince who can guide the team around the park," Cartwright said.

"It's an exciting combination but a long way off that yet."

Source: http://www.FOXSPORTS.com.au

DIEHARD
31-01-06, 03:49 PM
North Queensland could offer Scott Prince the opportunity to return home after confirmation the Wests Tigers captain has been granted permission to negotiate with the NRL's Queensland clubs.

The Tigers yesterday said they had allowed Prince and his manager the opportunity to speak to Brisbane, Gold Coast and the Cowboys.

That is another step on the road to bringing him to the Gold Coast.

brn2bwyld
31-01-06, 03:50 PM
Cowboys dont need Prince. Thurston and Firman are both good enough. It would be a waste of money to buy a 3rd Halfback

qld power
31-01-06, 05:22 PM
wahoo crosses everything oi diehard my mate u take any orara pics would love to see them

Eel 33
31-01-06, 05:41 PM
If Prince gets signed by the Titans, IMO Benji might get itchy feet and may want to come home.

TITANS007
14-02-06, 03:17 PM
If Prince gets signed by the Titans, IMO Benji might get itchy feet and may want to come home.

We don't need Benji if Princey signs, we have already got Preston. I think the Prince/Campbell combination has the potential to be just as good as the Prince/Marshall combo. Even if Benji gets itchy feet, he's extended his contract for another couple of years with Tigers so he wont be able to do anything about it.

..::Coops::..
14-02-06, 07:11 PM
"come home"... the gold coast isn't his home to benji - it's just where he did his schooling - he has stated previously

Eel 33
15-02-06, 10:46 AM
Well i highly doubt he would "go home" to NZ and play for the Warriors. He'd better off on the coast, just watsh him though.

..::Coops::..
15-02-06, 12:46 PM
i agree, i don't think he would go to the warriors. i just meant that he wouldn't be going to the gold coast because its " home" etc, he possibly could come here in future, im not ruling that out - but if he did it would be for other reasons i would think

Steve Dangerous
15-02-06, 01:20 PM
broncos would be interested in Prince quite a bit, i'd think.

but if we can get him for the right price he'd be just awesome with preston.