PDA

View Full Version : Who are some high quality players the titans have a realistic chance of sighning

brn2bwyld
31-01-06, 02:29 PM
I know of some including Shane Walker and Gavin Lester who are both capable first graders

Parra Petty
31-01-06, 09:02 PM
Hey everyone,

What I am about to say may stir up a hornets nest, but here goes - Jamie Lyon could well be a signing yet.

Now, I don't know Jamie personally, nor have I discussed anything with anyone from the Titans - but I do know that he and his family are keen to move back to Australia, regardless of whatever contract money St Helens offer him.

While many of you will regard this as wild, unsubstantiated rumour starting, you can take it from me, that what I have stated above is completely true - I just can't reveal my source!!

Prepared for the abuse,

Parra Petty.

DIEHARD
31-01-06, 09:34 PM
Why would we abuse you? We have been throwing his name around for months.

Moejoe
31-01-06, 09:42 PM
Personally I would like to see the young hooker from Cronulla, Kevin Kingston in a titans Jersey in 2008 when he is of contract with the sharks. Kingston is a local kid who played for Nerang roosters as a kid.

He has outstanding defensive abilities and out of dummy half he is very agile.

I think he would make a great Titans representitive as not only is he great as hooker but Give him a run in the centers or even at 5/8 and you have a very dangerous young player.

Parra Petty
31-01-06, 09:53 PM
Hi Diehard,

I guess I am just used to the Parramatta Eels forum - whenever someone posts a rumour about a player that cannot be backed up by a source, they get extremely defensive and derogatory in their reply comments.

But I know for a fact that Jamie is probably about 99% sure that he will be moving back to Australia at the end of his current contract, I just can't reveal how I know.

Hope that sorts things out,

Parra Petty.

DeeGan
31-01-06, 11:41 PM
But I know for a fact that Jamie is probably about 99% sure that he will be moving back to Australia at the end of his current contract, I just can't reveal how I know.

No offense PP, it is no secret that Jamie Lyon is wanting back to Australia in 2007, it is a question of where he will be playing in the NRL not when will he be back.

To save you some trouble in explaining yourself, leave out things like "While many of you will regard this as wild, unsubstantiated rumour starting, you can take it from me, that what I have stated above is completely true - I just can't reveal my source!!" or "I just can't reveal how I know" if your not going to mention the source.

It is no big deal to members of this forum either way and again, Jamie Lyon is a name that has been thrown around for a while here and on other sites. Nothing new here though I cannot see him as a Titan especially if we get Scott Prince's signature.

Cheers

DeeGan

DeeGan
01-02-06, 12:05 AM
Who are some high quality players the titans have a realistic chance of signing?

This list may get the ball rolling for you:

Scott Prince (Wst)
Ashton Sims (Stg Illa)
Clinton Greenshields (Stg Illa)
Richie Mathers (Leeds)
Nathan Fien (NZ)
Brett Delaney (Par) - not sure of current contract with Eels

Haven't got a list of who is off contract on me, though most if not all of the above are possiblities.

DeeGan

Ipswich Fan
01-02-06, 01:14 AM
I think Delaney could come off contract at Parra at the end of 2006. Another player who could be headed to the Titans is Marshall Chalk.

DeeGan
01-02-06, 08:43 AM
Marshall Chalk I think is a good potential signing. When starting for Canberra he was really impressive and can cover wing or fullback as well score a bucket load of points. Chalk would also come at a bargain price.

DeeGan

Dakink
01-02-06, 09:22 AM
Ashton is someone who I would watch for another year - he struggled a little last year.

Luke
01-02-06, 04:09 PM
Reni Maitua.