PDA

View Full Version : Titans Fans: Unite at Cararra!

DeeGan
31-01-06, 12:13 PM
Titans Fans: Unite at Cararra!

We may not have an official supporters group name as yet though for those attending I want to organise for all of us to be there supporting the game though the Titans as well!

Use this thread to post ideas as to who we can show our support for the Gold Coast Titans on February 25, 2006.

Ideas:

- DIEHARD's flag; can we make more? DIEHARD, if we paid for material (and labour as extra), is Mrs DIEHARD able to reproduce this special effort from Orara?

- Signs; let's look at making some signs in support of the Titans

Post your ideas here!

Whilst we will not interrupt the game nor the NZ or Canterbury fans, let's make our presence felt showing the NRL we cannot wait for 2007 to come around!

DeeGan

Titans#1
31-01-06, 12:30 PM
As you know, I'll be there... I'll be happy to wave a flag and cheer along with the family who I will drag along....lol

Yes, More flags...banners and JERSEYS!

DeeGan
31-01-06, 12:34 PM
As you know, I'll be there... I'll be happy to wave a flag and cheer along with the family who I will drag along....lol

Yes, More flags...banners and JERSEYS!

Well, let's hope the official jersey and merchandise becomes available sooner rather than later to tie in with the trial :)

DeeGan

lonegull
31-01-06, 12:36 PM
I think visually flags and banners no one can ignore especially with the tv cameras sweeping the ground yeah diehard should make some more flags wouldnt it look good a heap of them flags around the ground and you cant mistake the colours the more visually we can become the more exposure im sure we will get.go the diehard flag

DIEHARD
31-01-06, 01:55 PM
I'll certainly bring the flag along, just hope I can get it into the stadium.

Then find a suitable position for it. We should go GA and get in early and set up.

Eel 33
31-01-06, 04:52 PM
Im sure a small number of the jerseys would be available, maybe if say the group number was 50, Reebok could make them available for 50 ppl from the forum to showcase the jersey. Priority would be given to high profile "posters" of the forum who WILL be at the game(s). Say Admin, Mods, "high profile posters" etc. Oh and of course Titans Management (Sorry Guys :D ).
Just a suggestion Deegan, I realise this may not be possible though.

Dakink
31-01-06, 05:17 PM
How quickly are the tix likely to sell out?

Moejoe
31-01-06, 06:30 PM
I pondered on this for some time on how to make the titans presence felt at the game on the 25th of feburary.

My conclusion was to find numbers of people attending and very polietly asking there shirt sizes. I thought maybe I could go down to Best and less (or some other alternative cheap clothing store) and buy some white T-shirts. Once the shirts are purchased Proceed to the closest embroidery place and see if I can get an Iron on stencil for the shirts with the Titans logo and a message like "Gold coast Titans.. Heading to a stadium near you in 2007" Or perhaps just "Gold Coast Titans Online Supporters Club"

The next part of my plan is meeting you all at the front gate on the night and handing out the made up shirts for us all to wear on the night.

Let me know if you like this idea or if you think anything should change. If there is some respose positivly by this weekend I will put my plan into motion.

Regards,
Moejoe

qld power
31-01-06, 07:13 PM
good thinking use one of the wallpapers as one order me a xtra large would be sweet

qld power
31-01-06, 07:14 PM
maybe get our online survey fnished and get the legion as it seems to be winning the poll

DIEHARD
31-01-06, 08:33 PM
The priority needs to be getting tickets. If we all get GA independantly we can flock together. Just assure that we get there early.

I really do think it is important to make a presence with our colours, to remind everyone that we are only one year away.

I honestly think that merchandise will be out by then. So hopefully I will wear a Titans jersey. So people should be able to buy some gear, hopefully. If not a $10 Bonds t shirt will work a treat. White, blue or gold, take your pick.

I'll bring my flag and maybe another one and maybe some smaller ones, closer to retail size.

Let's pick an area and get our tickets, then we can talk about the bells and whistles. :naughty:

Let's really make a go of this. This will be our home ground next season!

Kronos
31-01-06, 09:18 PM
Already bought inner circle (at least i can watch the game) look to the stands and you will see me with beer in hand.
GA is not a nice place to be at carrara (unless you like seeing the back of someones head)
It would be fantastic if the new jersey is avalible, i'm sure half the gold coast would be in one. That would be a great statement, a mass of titans colours..........EVERYWHERE.

DeeGan
31-01-06, 11:32 PM
I honestly think that merchandise will be out by then. So hopefully I will wear a Titans jersey.

Not to put a dampener on the above, but I would not get hopes up on any merchandise being available for the Cararra trial. I will leave it at that.

Sorry guys and girls.

DeeGan

DIEHARD
31-01-06, 11:46 PM
And that is why I never went into the business of clervoyance.

Well we will improvise. :happy:

Queenslander
01-02-06, 09:49 AM
Not to put a dampener on the above, but I would not get hopes up on any merchandise being available for the Cararra trial. I will leave it at that.

Sorry guys and girls.

DeeGan

:( Damn thats a shame.....it looks like DIEHARD's mum is going to be working over-time to create extra items for the supporters ;)

Moejoe
01-02-06, 04:38 PM
So cheap T-shirts with Iron on logo's then? If so let me know and I will organise it all :)

qld power
01-02-06, 06:03 PM
moejoe do a mock up one and i would maybe intersted in one have to pay u in june they when i come over

gordon{fish}fisher
02-02-06, 10:36 AM
hope we can all get some sort of shirt to let the footy world
know who we are see you at carrarra cant wait

Dakink
02-02-06, 10:44 AM
So cheap T-shirts with Iron on logo's then? If so let me know and I will organise it all :)

Hey that's not a bad idea - providing the Titans dont mind.

Cliffy GC
02-02-06, 12:24 PM
great thread

i reackon as a supporter group
we need 3 things

A good name - eg (Army is way overused in this area)
Chants and Songs - more atmosphere the better
A Gimmick - maybe Plastic swords or something like that or even shirts al la the roo crew.

Cliffy GC
02-02-06, 12:26 PM
another thing that i know worked well for the manly eagle rockers
is simple letters about 40 cm by 40 cm with the letters M A N L Y

maybe we could do something similar

T I T A N S

ill see if i can find a foto

DIEHARD
10-02-06, 04:56 PM
http://www.titans.com.au/images/pictures/large/game_big.gif

Coaster
10-02-06, 09:32 PM
http://presidentpdr.bigpondhosting.com/photos/cyclops_tee_front.jpg http://presidentpdr.bigpondhosting.com/photos/clyclops_back.jpg

DIEHARD
17-02-06, 04:18 PM
OK down to business.

Who has bought tickets?

*Raises hand*

Get to it people!

Moejoe
17-02-06, 11:26 PM
Got mine. And I will be there at 4.30pm when the gates open, for anyone thats game to enjoy a few early Beverages.

How about we organize a meeting spot. Sya general admision Alcohol zone. Right behind the black dot of the post?

I'll be in my new Titans Jersey (On sale at the game)

DIEHARD
17-02-06, 11:28 PM
Roll call, who will be there?

Research Station Drive
18-02-06, 10:07 AM
I'll be there, but I may be sitting in the stands with the boys from work.

I'll definately be coming down to say G'day and have a beer though! :hi: :beer:

DIEHARD
19-02-06, 12:19 AM
I'll definately be coming down to say G'day and have a beer though! :hi: :beer:

Ah good stuff, that's the way!

DIEHARD
20-02-06, 12:41 AM
Steve Dangerous, you coming?

Steve Dangerous
20-02-06, 12:52 AM
not quite sure brother

not a fan of either team but i'll see what i can do. are GA tickets sold out or will they sell out?

DIEHARD
20-02-06, 12:56 AM
not quite sure brother

not a fan of either team but i'll see what i can do. are GA tickets sold out or will they sell out?

Yea mate, they two of the most uninspiring teams from my view. I don't know who I will go for. Maybe Bulldogs, simply because they are Australian.

The PAX number on my ticket was only 4,000 odd, so I would say there are a good few tickets left. Tickets for GA are just $20.

I would think you should be able to get tickets all week.

Come on Coasters, we need to sell this out. Don't rest on our laurels just because we have the team now and these clubs aren't the most attractive.

It will be a fantastic night and it is the Titan's Challenge and we all want some of that merchandise!

Moejoe
20-02-06, 08:08 AM
Perhaps Organising a meeting spot for the early arrivers for the QLD cup game??

Wolfpak
20-02-06, 08:55 AM
I was just looking at the map of Carrara Stadium on the Ticketek site, it says there are 2 GA areas, one at the northern end (where the big screen is) and one at the southern end. Which end are we going to be in?

Wolfpak
20-02-06, 09:58 AM
Okay, just realised the northern end is 'alcohol free' so I can only assume we are heading to the southern end. Erm... we ARE going to be where the alcohol is, aren't we? lolAnd ignore my previous post. I feel like a ******** now hehe

TITAN PETE
20-02-06, 10:32 AM
I'll be there wearing something TITANISH with maybe an ale or 2 :spit: in my hand.

Hindyscrack
20-02-06, 11:45 AM
I have a few friends who have baulked at the $20 GA price, for a tiral game and the GA facilites at Carrara, the price is a bit rich... Considering you can pay the same for a Broncos match at Suncorp for a season game

DIEHARD
20-02-06, 03:31 PM
Perhaps Organising a meeting spot for the early arrivers for the QLD cup game??

Sure, what is the curtain raiser?

I also suggest an exchange of mobile numbers between a few of us via PM, so we can zero in on each other.

Moejoe
21-02-06, 08:41 AM
First game is Burliegh V Seagulls In my opinion this game could very well be game of the day. Kick of for that is 4.45pm I believe.

Titans#1
23-02-06, 01:50 PM
We all still in?

I'll be there with Hubby and the Girls, providing they haven't sold out (Bummer with not having a C/C).

GA Alcaholics side... Grey and Orange Pram... and I'm Sure DIEHARD will have his flag which cannot be missed.

Dakink
23-02-06, 02:16 PM
I am unfortunately not going to be able to go - We needs the money to drive down to Sydney the following week - so Ill have to wait till next time!

DIEHARD
23-02-06, 03:50 PM
Steve you in?

Research Station Drive
23-02-06, 04:55 PM
The Titans match has now become a joint going away/welcome/christmas party bash for my work.

Which means I'm liable to be absolutely blind :beer: :eek: :satan: by the main game.

I'll still be coming to say G'day at some point!

The battle of the Dodgy Accountants here - shame the Roosters aren't also playing!

Brown paper bags galore.

DIEHARD
24-02-06, 07:25 AM
Won't DeeGan be coming to the match?

Dakink
24-02-06, 01:39 PM
Nope dont think so Diehard - other appts. I think!

Research Station Drive
24-02-06, 05:21 PM
I've just found out that we've got corporate seats tomorrow. Which should be very flash.

I'll still do my best to come and say G'day, but I'm not sure if I'll get out there.

Hope everyone has a cracker of a night!

Moejoe
25-02-06, 05:00 AM
I'll be at the gates about 4 pm if anyone wants to meet up early. Best to get in before the crowd.