PDA

View Full Version : Titans: DIEHARD the mini celeb with Satts

DeeGan
30-01-06, 11:42 PM
Titans: DIEHARD the mini celeb with Satts

We need to let Diehard know that Scotty Sattler has been raving about his flag on the Radio up here, and about how this one person cut a lonely figure amongst the throng of supporters that were in attendance ? he is a mini celebrity now.

From the big fella Chris Knell :)

I have not heard any radio interview with the great Scott Sattler though I have posted here that when I first met up with Scott on the day he did make mention of the 'guy with a Titans flag'.

Again, great effort DIEHARD.

As I said on Saturday, you have to bring that flag to ALL future games with the Titans. The flag was part of history with us on the weekend, it shall remain. It will be like the red hanky that Steve Waugh carried through out his test career :laugh:

DeeGan

Queenslander
30-01-06, 11:43 PM
Great effort Diehard, that flag will go down in Titans folklore. It needs to be hanged up high whenever the titans run onto the field. :thumbsup:

DeeGan
30-01-06, 11:47 PM
Great effort Diehard, that flag will go down in Titans folklore. It needs to be hanged up high whenever the titans run onto the field. :thumbsup:

I am hoping once the official supporters club happens that we will produce similar flags for ALL fans that will add to the home field advantage. See a Pittsburgh Steelers home game :)

DeeGan

Queenslander
30-01-06, 11:50 PM
I am hoping once the official supporters club happens that we will produce similar flags for ALL fans that will add to the home field advantage. See a Pittsburgh Steelers home game :)

DeeGan

That would be a sight to see, a packed house full of titans supporters with mini DIEHARD flags ;) would be amazing!

DeeGan
30-01-06, 11:53 PM
Well mini-Gold Coast Titans flags - but yeah, get what you mean :laugh:

I think DIEHARD himself will admit he has not tranformed in to a Versace in slapping together the three colours of the Gold Coast Titans for a flag :laugh:

It was great to be there on the day, we had a great afternoon on Saturday despite the flies and heat :)

DeeGan

Queenslander
30-01-06, 11:56 PM
Well mini-Gold Coast Titans flags - but yeah, get what you mean :laugh:

I think DIEHARD himself will admit he has not tranformed in to a Versace in slapping together the three colours of the Gold Coast Titans for a flag :laugh:

It was great to be there on the day, we had a great afternoon on Saturday despite the flies and heat :)

DeeGan

:laugh: It sounds like it was a great day. And DIEHARD may not be a Versace but has created something all be it simple but demonstrates that the fans of the Titans will do anything to support their team.....even create their own flag :)

DeeGan
31-01-06, 12:01 AM
Mate the flag was 1000% spot on and Mother DIEHARD could have a big job ahead of here in 2007 :) The flag came in handy as shade on the odd occasion or two when he was waving it like a lunatic yelling "GO THE TITS!!" to the Burrow who were sitting there next to us :laugh:

DeeGan

Queenslander
31-01-06, 12:11 AM
Mate the flag was 1000% spot on and Mother DIEHARD could have a big job ahead of here in 2007 :) The flag came in handy as shade on the odd occasion or two when he was waving it like a lunatic yelling "GO THE TITS!!" to the Burrow who were sitting there next to us :laugh:

DeeGan
"GO THE TITS!!!" Not really family friendly but that could be used as a war cry!!! :laugh:

DeeGan
31-01-06, 12:16 AM
"GO THE TITS!!!" Not really family friendly but that could be used as a war cry!!! :laugh:

I think we can come up with something more 'family orientated' - I am not sure all were over the moon with the cry just quietly :laugh:

All in good fun, the other fans (dual international Scott Gourley seemed to move a little more further away each time DIEHARD got up to wave the flag) understood we were there enjoying the moment and shared our joy with us to an extent as we wiped the floor with Crescent Head :)

DeeGan

DIEHARD
31-01-06, 04:02 AM
Wow what a thread! :!:

I'm totally humbled by everything said! It is quite a magnificent feeling being recognised by the club you love. Having Scott say such great things, John shake your hand and have a chat to you and have Michael Searle come over and say g'day and take the time to chat with myself and DeeGan.

I mean seriously name a NRL CEO and administration and coaching team with such a fantastic attitude and drive. There are no ivory towers in Titan territory just the white walls of a rugby league Camelot.

I was terribly proud of the team over the weekend and flying our colours was an honour, supporting the team and heralding our arrival onto the rugby league scene.

It is important to fly the colours. Not only in celebration and support, but so the players know we are there supporting them, If things look bleak you wave it and if you lose, you wave it to say "We lost but we will come back stronger! We are still behind you! We are in this together"

When we got knocked out by Fiji on the weekend, I waved the flag for a good 10 minutes, we may have lost, but I wasn't going to lower our colours. It was also a way to celebrate the event and our success and to tell the boys I was very proud.

It also reminds players what they are representing, the history and pride and I think it would be a comfort to see in the stands. Especially in foreign territory, one reason we must strive to attend as many away games as possible and have a strong southern supporter group.

We'll never let our Titans go into battle alone.

The Titans were well received in the stands, with many fans embracing us, welcoming us back, saying they missed us and how they are looking forward to seeing us take to the field.

I enjoyed answering the barrage of questions about the club, with answers that just seemed to heighten their interest even further! If Souths are everyone's 2nd team, the Titans would be hot on their heels as everyone's 3rd!

Oh yea and when I shouted go the Tits! I said to some supporters in a hushed whisper...."Better not say that too often, we don't want it to stick!"

Ah yes nothing but Titans.

I was going mad on field 2 when we beat Aus Maori! It was great! My flag was going crazy, I was even doing laps of the side of the field. :laugh:

And yes you are right DeeGan, it was an absolutely perfect shelter from the sun between Titan games!

Oh and as DeeGan said, we smashed Crescent Head, the boys really clicked and believed in themselves and had some fun with the ball. DeeGan and I were right near the try line and the Titans defence was especially stinging.

When we were down the boys put in and when we went down, we went down fighting! What more would you want in a club. They did us all proud.

Club colours are something very close to my heart, they are sacred and I haven't had a club to call my own for many years. I absolutely delight watching rugby league every weekend, I am an addict, I never miss a game and buy all the magazines etc, but it isn't the same without having a club.

I remember back when every try was the most glorious feeling, that every tackle, every metre mattered and every point scored against you was like a dagger in the heart. And if your club lost, you went to school or work the next day with your head down, but of course a win had you skipping.

I can't wait to have that all back, better than ever before! I had to watch other fans enjoy being a passionate fan of a club for years and it really made me jealous that I couldn't feel like that any more. But over the years I actually become a more passionate rugby league fan, focusing more on the game I loved than a club I loved.

But now I can have both. But I faced the very very real possibility of never having a club to support, because we all understand the climate of rugby league over the last decade. But somehow the conditions, events and the very health and indestructibility of rugby league itself gave us an opportunity and thanks to our dedicated Titans team, they took the opportunity and they got us across the line.

A lot of people say that rugby league lost its innocence or that the feel good vibe rugby league used to have evaporated, well I think the Titans are bringing that back, not only to SEQLD and Northern NSW but to rugby league as a whole.

And now I and hundreds of thousands of other fans through out Southern Queensland and Northern New South Wales as well as countless others all over Australia, New Zealand and the world have their own club.

It isn't a matter of finding or creating new fans, we are already here, we have been waiting. And we are ready to support the Titans to the hilt.

Thanks for your kind words Scott, John, Michael, Chris and co. But following the team down wasn't only a duty and a passion but my way of thanking you all as well.

When I made a couple flags for the Roo Crew last year, I made them fast and rather crudely (Under a tight schedule at the time. Fixing them up for this year, along with some new ones. Go the Kangaroos!).

But when I decided to make this one, it was special. I wanted it to last and yes take it to future games. A constant companion from our genesis towards our future. This one will be part of the furniture.

It was strange though! Picture this. I was waving a blue, gold and white flag, supporting a black and white team, while wearing teal, orange and white jersey! :laugh:

Some lesser informed fans, ignorant of the Titans eminent arrival into the NRL, thought I was a raving lunatic!!!

"Gee dem banana benders are pretty strange folk!"

I'm looking forward to that first home game. I think a lot of rugby league fans will think we will have no fans and our support meek, what they don't realise is that we will prove them to be sorely mistaken. From the get go, we will be the instant envy of all our southern rivals and we will set ourselves apart from the Broncos and Cowboys with our passion and colour. I can really see us not only obliterating people's expectations but seeing the bar set far higher and it will be the other clubs playing catch up.

We are like a nuclear submarine, deep under the ocean, in sleath mode. And come March 2007 we will surface and launch our missiles with all our fury, we'll blitz them. (Nothing like a good metaphor.)

It'll be great for the Titans and rugby league.

I hope the Titans return to Orara Valley next year. It was a fantastic event and I will definitely return next year. I know Orara may not be on the radar as far as our NRL game plan goes, but we all saw how successful our young blokes were. I'd love to see our team return next year and this time let's rally the troops and get as many supporters as possible there!

Let's show those Souths and Malta fans how it is done! :laugh:

I was also proud that the Titans went there as the only Queensland representative. Good stuff guys!

It is also the ideal opportunity as Scott and John have said numerous times, of making a presence and supporting a fantastic rugby league initiative in what we consider our catchment area.

Orara Valley 7s, the perfect opportunity to fly the Titans flag in one of our most southern outposts!

Thanks again Scott! You can count on my support and my flag at all Titans games and be sure to know that it is just the beginning there will be thousands of us diehard Titans fans in just over a year's time.

DeeGan

You won't get a more awesome sight. I think the best effect is to have a handful of big flags and dozens of smaller flags, the commerical type. When you wave all those together, it looks fantastic. We did it with the Roo Crew last year and it was glorious.

The beauty of big flags, is that they are all individual. Have their own character and history. They are labours of love by fans, tributes to their clubs. Some big flags are even handed down from generation to generation. They have seen all the good times and bad.

Maybe on my flag I will write on it in pen all the games it has been to.

Flag groups are a famous rugby league tradition which should be embraced and celebrated, but is sadly a dying art. But believe me flag groups and modern rugby league can exist in perfect synergy.

I will tell you something else weird that happened on the weekend. It was the first time I ever crossed the NSW / QLD border without saying to myself "Now I am in enemy territory." This time I thought "Now this is Titans territory as well!"

Woah...I reserve the right to renew hostilities during Origin time though!

Go the Gold Coast Titans!

I would also like to add that all the players were fantastic and were great to have a chat with, very welcoming, friendly and open. They were champions on and off the field, very genuine.

Forgive my incoherent ramblings, it is 3am! Good night! Until tomorrow!

chocco
31-01-06, 01:13 PM
i saw the flag! great work diehard. i felt sorry for you tho, having to be outnumbered by all the maltese supporters. they got out there in great fashion. very professional in all aspects. and they put it on the Titans in the first game! but the titans came back and went close to the big one!
next year!

DeeGan
31-01-06, 01:20 PM
i saw the flag! great work diehard. i felt sorry for you tho, having to be outnumbered by all the maltese supporters. they got out there in great fashion. very professional in all aspects. and they put it on the Titans in the first game! but the titans came back and went close to the big one!
next year!

The Malta brigade were awesome, I remember commenting on that with DIEHARD on Saturday. Great bunch of fans there.

Always next year ;)

DeeGan

DIEHARD
31-01-06, 02:50 PM
i saw the flag! great work diehard. i felt sorry for you tho, having to be outnumbered by all the maltese supporters. they got out there in great fashion. very professional in all aspects. and they put it on the Titans in the first game! but the titans came back and went close to the big one! next year!

Yea the Maltese have a great set up. All great blokes. I was very impressed with them and wish them all the luck in the world in getting rugby league set up in Malta.

Titans#1
03-02-06, 09:39 AM
Can I just say, Congrats Diehard on winning MOM, I know it's a bit late, but there it is! lol

A more deserving member/fanatic, I can't think of for this month, especially after Orara.

Dakink
03-02-06, 10:05 AM
I would like to add my congrats too - pity we couldnt have done it in the thread with the announcemnet ;-)

DeeGan
03-02-06, 10:39 AM
I would like to add my congrats too - pity we couldnt have done it in the thread with the announcemnet ;-)

There is nothing wrong with starting a thread here. There is reasoning behind my decision to set the forum up as I have done.

The real pity is this 'congrats' only started today ;)

DeeGan

Dragons
03-02-06, 09:31 PM
There is nothing wrong with starting a thread here. There is reasoning behind my decision to set the forum up as I have done.

The real pity is this 'congrats' only started today ;)

DeeGan
I want to shake his hand for just doing what he has done (John shake Diehard hand) :thumbsup:

DeeGan
03-02-06, 09:40 PM
You can shake DIEHARD's hand at Cararra ;)

DeeGan