PDA

View Full Version : Round 16: St George-Illawarra Dragons vs Gold Coast Titans

DIEHARD
18-06-12, 07:28 AM
St George-Illawarra Dragons vs Gold Coast Titans

Boofhead
18-06-12, 08:24 PM
Greg Bird cleared to play State of Origin Game III despite suffering pectoral muscle strain against Penrith
AAP | June 18, 2012

NSW backrower Greg Bird will miss the Gold Coast Titans' NRL clash with St George Illawarra on Friday night but is considered no risk of missing next month's State of Origin decider.

There were fears Bird faced a long term sidelines stint after being forced off early in the second half of the Titans' win over the Panthers on Sunday with the recurrence of a pectoral injury.

NSW selectors were sweating on scan results on Monday ahead of July 4's Origin series decider in Brisbane.

However, Titans medical staff on Monday said Bird would be fit to again don the Blues jersey after scans revealed a strained pectoral muscle.

A Titans spokesman said Bird would "miss this week for the Titans but be fine for Origin".

Bird is seen as a key to a rare Blues series win after being named NSW players' player in game one and Origin II's man of the match.

Titans teammate Beau Champion (ankle) also received good news from scan results and remains a chance to run out against the Dragons.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/state-of-origin/greg-bird-cleared-to-play-state-of-origin-game-iii-despite-suffering-pectoral-muscle-strain-against-penrith/story-fn31yxah-1226398964608

Boofhead
18-06-12, 08:26 PM
Even if Bird is fit enough to play, we should give him a rest to fix those niggles. We did it without Champion last week so the same should apply.

Jamal's Hamstring
18-06-12, 08:46 PM
Even if Bird is fit enough to play, we should give him a rest to fix those niggles. We did it without Champion last week so the same should apply.

Can we afford to? Every week from here on out is basically a final for us. We don't have the luxury to rest players if they are anywhere near close enough to play. Unfortunately, niggles or not, they need to be out there.

Obviously if he's ****ed, he's ****ed though.

Boofhead
18-06-12, 08:55 PM
Can we afford to? Every week from here on out is basically a final for us. We don't have the luxury to rest players if they are anywhere near close enough to play. Unfortunately, niggles or not, they need to be out there.

Obviously if he's ****ed, he's ****ed though.

It's a bit of a role of the dice, but it will benefit Birdy especially. Our depth players have been impressive the last month.

3. Michaels
4. Idris

8. Douglas
9. Srama
10. White
11. Myles
12. Minichiello
13. Harrison

14. Lawrence
15. James
16. Ridge
17. O'Dwyer

Jamal's Hamstring
18-06-12, 08:59 PM
That doesn't look too bad... I guess maybe with Prince- and Myles and Harrison being a little more rested- we might cover it alright...

Titanic
18-06-12, 09:33 PM
Is Idris right to go? How is Srama's shoulder? This game will be the real acid test for the also-ran cup. My worry this week is Cooper and Creagh running at our right-side defence.

DIEHARD
19-06-12, 08:31 AM
Dragons: It’s back to basics ... for starters

The St George Illawarra Dragons have devised a simple blueprint to revive their ailing National Rugby League season.

Unsurprisingly, it focuses on them making a vastly improved start to Friday night’s clash with the Gold Coast Titans following their horrendous opening efforts in the loss to the Canterbury Bulldogs.

The camp has spoken about the importance of winning their next two NRL games before their second bye, which would help them keep in touch with the top eight.

St George Illawarra are determined to complete their first five sets of possession against the Titans and not give away any penalties in a back-to-basics approach.

‘‘We’ve got to complete the first five sets and get into the grind,’’ improving lock Jake Marketo said.

‘‘Not complete two and give away a penalty on the fourth tackle like we did [against the Dogs].

‘‘And we dropped the ball, we’ve really got to get a focus for the first 10 minutes.’’

While the Dragons are still in the hunt for a top-eight spot, five losses from their past six games have pushed them to 11th after being fourth following the Anzac Day win over the Roosters.

St George Illawarra face the Gold Coast at WIN Stadium on Friday night before the doomsday trip to Canberra, where they haven’t won since 2000.

‘‘Hopefully we can get the next two wins up and that leads us into the bye,’’ Marketo said.

‘‘So that would be six points and would put us somewhere inside or around the edge of the eight.

‘‘That’s what we’re hoping for in the next couple of weeks.’’

After trailing 28-6 against Canterbury, before reducing the final margin to eight points, Marketo admitted being wary of the Titans, who have won four of their past five games.

‘‘They’ve been on a bit of a winning streak - they touched Penrith up by 20 points [36-18] or something,’’ he said.

‘‘We have to really focus and get the two points this week - that’s our main goal.

‘‘I reckon we trained pretty well [yesterday] morning and tried to stay enthusiastic and do everything well.’’

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au

DIEHARD
19-06-12, 08:36 AM
Woohoo! God it feels good to be 10th! Haha

DIEHARD
19-06-12, 08:39 AM
Injured Idris hopeful for Dragons clash

TOWERING Titans centre Jamal Idris is set to push through the pain barrier and play in the injury-riddled Titans' crucial clash with St George-Illawarra on Friday night.

Origin star Greg Bird was yesterday ruled out of the clash with a strained pectoral muscle but will play in the State Of Origin decider.

Centre Beau Champion is still hopeful of taking his place with scans revealing the workhorse suffered no major damage to his injured ankle.

Idris said the scheduling of the match with the Dragons was not ideal but the Titans' strike weapon was confident he would win the race against time to recover from an ankle injury for the crucial match.

"I should be sweet to play and I'm slowly getting better," he said.

"I'm still not going to run on it, but I should be back at the back end of the week.

"It's a Friday night game, so it doesn't give me much of a turnaround...but as long as I can get through the 80 minutes, 100 per cent (then I will play)."

The ankle injury is the latest setback in a stop-start season for Idris and the back-line powerhouse is looking forward to finally stringing some games together.

"I'm starting to get stressed out," he said.

"I did my (hamstring), so that kept me off my feet and then I did my plantar fascia and now this.

"For me there is nothing worse than sitting on the sidelines watching the boys and they want me to be on the field and I want to be on the field just as much.

"The sooner I'm back running again, the better for me."

While Idris has spent plenty of time on the wrong side of the white line this season, Luke Douglas has had no such problems.

The relentless forward will line up for his 161st consecutive match this Friday night and said it was important the Titans kept building on their momentum.

Once favourites for the wooden spoon, the Titans are now just four points outside the top eight after winning four of their past five matches.

"It's just taken a couple of months to get to know each other and how we all play," Douglas said.

"We are starting to get that feeling and even the little off-loads in our game on the weekend (were better) and the support play was probably our best of the season."

While confidence was sky-high in the Titans' camp, Douglas said there was still plenty to work on.

" If we want to have a real good season we have to finish off teams and be relentless," he added.

"We did leak in a few late tries (on Sunday) and there were a few holes in our defence that we need to fix up.

"We checked the video (yesterday) and I'm sure Cartwright has a plan there for us, so we will stick to it."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/

Surfers66
19-06-12, 09:32 AM
I think Matt White has been fantastic and needs to be re-signed.
He is bending the line with most carries and would be my most improved over the last 4 weeks.

I was also impressed with Odwyer and from the stands he looked pretty explosive. I also thought he stuck up a good combo with Mead and it was great to see our wingers see some more ball. I not saying to sign Odwyer for next year but his last two games have helped his chances.

Titanic
19-06-12, 09:44 AM
Champion described as a workhorse ... more like a hobby horse :ugh:

Titan Dad
19-06-12, 12:54 PM
I think Matt White has been fantastic and needs to be re-signed.
He is bending the line with most carries and would be my most improved over the last 4 weeks.

I was also impressed with Odwyer and from the stands he looked pretty explosive. I also thought he stuck up a good combo with Mead and it was great to see our wingers see some more ball. I not saying to sign Odwyer for next year but his last two games have helped his chances.

Totally agree with you Surfers66. Whitey appears to have a real mongrel look about him lately and has been fantastic. Chalky was awesome last week, and has been building for the previous 4-6 weeks. If he keeps improving like he has, leave him in the centres. :thumbsup:

Boofhead
19-06-12, 01:03 PM
Strike centres back for Dragons clash
Adam Gardini | Tuesday 19 June 2012

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans strike centres Jamal Idris and Beau Champion have both been named for Friday night’s Round 16 clash against the St George Illawarra Dragons at WIN Stadium, Wollongong.

Idris missed last weekend’s 36-18 win over Penrith with an ankle injury, while Champion also suffered an ankle injury in the opening exchanges against the Panthers. However, the pair have today been named by Jetstar Titans Coach John Cartwright to take on the Dragons.

State of Origin forward Greg Bird will miss the Dragons clash with a strained pectoral muscle, with Cartwright opting to shift Queensland Origin forward Nate Myles to the starting backrow in his absence and Matt White pushing up to the starting front row.

Centre Steve Michaels has been included on a five-man interchange bench in what will mark his landmark 100th NRL match if given the green light to play.

Jetstar Titans vs Dragons
7.35pm – WIN Stadium, Wollongong
Friday, June 22
1. William Zillman
2. Kevin Gordon
3. Jamal Idris
4. Beau Champion
5. David Mead
6. Aidan Sezer
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Douglas
9. Matt Srama
10. Matt White
11. Nate Myles
12. Mark Minichiello
13. Ashley Harrison

14. Michael Henderson
15. Brenton Lawrence
16. Ben Ridge
17. Luke O’Dwyer
19. Steve Michaels

http://www.titans.com.au/news-display/Strike-centres-back-for-Dragons-clash/57478

Boofhead
19-06-12, 01:15 PM
Hope everyone has NBN, we will be the NSW game with Donkeys playing on Friday too.

Jamal's Hamstring
19-06-12, 01:39 PM
Hendololololol.

teke
19-06-12, 01:50 PM
Hendololololol.That is a super nickname

Hendolololololol :laugh: :laugh:

Titan Dad
19-06-12, 02:18 PM
I would have thought James would have got the nod before Hendo.

gotitans101
19-06-12, 02:27 PM
Hendololololol.

lol

Can't believe Carty continues to select him.

On the plus side, it's nice to see Champion back already!

karnage
19-06-12, 02:55 PM
I see a lot of negatives in the lead up to this game:

1. Two days less rest (and travel demands...) than the Dragons
2. A false sense of achievement after beating up on the hapless Panthers.
3. HENDERSON!!! Are you f'cking kidding me!!!!
4. A bunch of players either injured or coming off injuries - Bird, Bull, Idris, Champion.

I'm hopeful less than confident of a win, but I'll be cheering hard nonetheless.

Titanic
19-06-12, 03:31 PM
1. Two days less rest (and travel demands...) than the Dragons
2. A false sense of achievement after beating up on the hapless Panthers.
3. HENDERSON!!! Are you f'cking kidding me!!!!
4. A bunch of players either injured or coming off injuries - Bird, Bull, Idris, Champion.

1. We have proven that we can travel.
2. Ran out of steam at the end but played pretty fairly.
3. The friggin' goat pictures raise their heads again ... bloody hell.
4. If we've named Michael's then Cartwright can't be too confident in either Idris or the Glassman.

I though it took two to have an exchange:

while Champion also suffered an ankle injury in the opening exchanges

Boofhead
19-06-12, 05:21 PM
Dragons

Brett Morris, Daniel Vidot, Chase Stanley, Matt Cooper, Jason Nightingale, Jamie Soward, Ben Hornby, Dan Hunt, Mitch Rein, Trent Merrin, Beau Scott, Ben Creagh, Dean Young. Interchange: Nathan Fien, Jack de Belin, Matt Prior, Jake Marketo

http://www.nrl.com/News/OfficialTeamLists/tabid/10998/Default.aspx

Jamal's Hamstring
19-06-12, 07:58 PM
Hopefully the boys give their all. We really can't afford to drop this one.

If we keep winning and the Cowboys, Manly, Tigers and the Warriors lose from time to time we'll be looking alright.

It's mathematical but it's a chance and I'm clinging to it at this stage. We'll see late Friday night I suppose.

karnage
19-06-12, 11:48 PM
I've watched very little of the Dragons this year - that team of there's is a shadow of years gone by...

Smakked
20-06-12, 02:04 AM
I've watched very little of the Dragons this year - that team of there's is a shadow of years gone by...

They seem to play only 20 minutes of footy .

Titanic
20-06-12, 10:01 AM
Can we debate Morris, Cooper and Creagh running at Champion, Minichiello and Prince? Otherwise we match them with overs.

teke
20-06-12, 01:00 PM
Can we debate Morris, Cooper and Creagh running at Champion, Minichiello and Prince? Otherwise we match them with overs.Our boys will defend them quite well imo.

I think the mismatch could come in the form or targeting Vidots side. Put the ball high or low and make him diffuse the situation by running onto the ball and we could see some chances.

DIEHARD
20-06-12, 01:28 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/575656_407389255968990_343295094_n.jpg

It?s crunch time for the 10th-placed Titans and 11th-placed Dragons with defeat here likely to leave the loser three wins away from the semi-finals zone and with a serious battle on their hands to remain relevant in the 2012 premiership.

St George Illawarra recorded their fifth loss from their past six outings against the Bulldogs in Wollongong last Friday night, effectively shooting themselves in the foot when they allowed the visitors to race to an 18-nil lead in better than even time. However, on the plus side they showed enterprise in attack in their second-half comeback, compiling three spectacular, ad-lib tries before falling 28-20.

Meanwhile the Titans dominated the out-of-sorts Panthers on the Gold Coast last Sunday, continuing the resurgent, spirited form that?s earned them four wins from their past five games to leave them some chance of participating deep into September.

With captain Scott Prince weaving his magic the Titans have snuck up on the pack after their horror 1-5 start to the season and a win here, plus their second bye next week, would leave them knocking on the door of the top eight.

Meanwhile the Dragons need to stop the haemorrhaging in a hurry ? they face a tough road trip to Canberra next week: they?ve lost 12 of their past 13 games against the Green Machine and haven?t won in Canberra since 2000. Plus they?ll be without their Origin duo Ben Creagh and Trent Merrin, so two competition points this week is imperative if they?re to remain in the premiership picture.

Fans in Wollongong will be hoping to cheer loudly at fulltime ? worryingly the Dragons have lost four of their past six games at WIN Stadium.

In team changes, centre Kyle Stanley has not recovered from the leg injury he sustained last week ? with brother Chase filling his boots. Matt Prior rejoins the squad on the bench after his five-game suspension for a late hit on Johnathan Thurston in Round 9, while Dean Young will start at lock with Jake Marketo reverting to the bench.

Meanwhile centre Jamal Idris returns to the run-on side after being a late withdrawal last week, partnering Beau Champion who is fit after being forced from the field after just five minutes against the Panthers. Idris? substitute Steve Michaels hits the pine.

But in a huge blow, second-rower Greg Bird remains on the casualty list after picking up a pectoral strain in their last-start victory. Nate Myles assumes his starting role, with Michael Henderson joining the interchange bench. (Luke Bailey remains sidelined with a rib injury and is still two weeks away from returning.)

St George Illawarra will wear a special Pink V jersey to mark this week?s Women in League Round.

Watch Out Dragons: The Dragons? structured defence might deserve a pat on the back after averaging the third-fewest missed tackles in the comp to date (26.8) but their handling of opposition attacking kicks has been woeful in 2012. The Dragons have leaked 16 tries to kicks ? the third-most in the comp ? and Scott Prince will be licking his lips at the prospect of more joy here. The Titans have scored 10 tries off the boot.

Give David Mead half a chance and he?ll blow you away ? the Titans? right-side winger is his side?s most damaging attacker, with seven line-breaks and six tries so far.

Hot-and-cold contributor Nate Myles looks to be hot at the moment ? he made 153 metres from 17 hit-ups backing up after Origin last week and is averaging 115 overall with 34 tackles a game. He?ll be focused on a win after six straight personal losses to the Red V over the past three years.

The Titans will welcome Jamal Idris? impact out wide ? he has made six line-breaks and six line-break assists in his interrupted season.

Danger Sign: Any time the Titans get 20-50 metres out from the Dragons? line with tackles up their sleeves. The Gold Coast have scored 10 tries in this zone compared to just four from 10-20 metres out. Clearly they like room to move. It?s also the zone where Jamal Idris is most dangerous.

Watch Out Titans: The Dragons made their most line-breaks in a match (six) last week against the Bulldogs, including four in the second 40 minutes. They may languish alongside the Knights at the bottom of the NRL pile for line-breaks (3.5 per match) and occupy rock bottom for overall points scored (15 per match) but they proved against the ?Dogs that they can smoulder in attack when they don?t think too hard about what they are doing. That could be the key to unlocking the rest of their season.

Jamie Soward finally broke the shackles and was rewarded with three try assists last week, taking his year?s tally to eight. He?ll terrorise the Titans? outside backs if he continues to play off the cuff. Plus he?s bound to add to his solitary line-break sooner rather than later.

Jason Nightingale is offering great service out wide, making 121 metres a game with 51 tackle busts so far. He?s a provider for others, too, leading the way for try assists by a winger (five).

Danger Sign: Fullback Brett Morris offloading in broken-field play and interchange forward Trent Merrin promoting the Steeden at the defensive line. These two vital attacking cogs are tied fifth in the comp for offloads, each tallying 25 to date. The Titans concede the fifth-most offloads in the NRL.

Ben Hornby v Scott Prince: Two wily, involved halfbacks ? veteran Hornby makes the third-most touches by a halfback, with Prince a close fourth ? whose direction as playmaker will be paramount.

Hornby is the second-most prolific runner in the No.7 jersey (behind Shark Jeff Robson) based on touches, probing for an opportunity in the opposition defence every 6.3 receives.

The Dragons are at their most dangerous when they add penetration through the middle third to their well-known sideline shifts. Hornby can provide that spark, half-dummying and jinking at the line before offloading to running supports. He ranks fourth for line-break assists (nine). Also, his next line-break will be the 100th in his career.

Meanwhile the Titans rely heavily on Prince: he ranks second behind Cooper Cronk for try assists by a halfback (with 15, including three last week), and third for line-break assists (10). He will be a counter-attacking threat as the Dragons sweep left too ? Prince leads the NRL for intercepts (with three) and created a try assist for David Mead in just this fashion against the Panthers. The Dragons will need to be alert to Prince?s grubbers into the in-goal ? not just for the scoring threat they pose but also the pressure that a repeat set will build. The Dragons are the third-worst team at defusing grubbers (just 71 per cent).

Where It Will Be Won: Keeping errors to a minimum. Along with the Eels and Cowboys the Titans are spilling the football the most often in 2012 (11.3 errors per match) while the Dragons are making the sixth-most mistakes (11.8). Both sides complete their sets a below-average 72 per cent.

Also, territory early on will be crucial. The Dragons have really lost their way since Michael Weyman?s season-ending injury six weeks ago. Since his demise against the Panthers the Dragons have compiled the fifth-fewest metres in the opening 20 minutes of their matches (308 metres) ? a far cry from their league-leading efforts over the past three years when they pounded out 357 metres in opening quarters.

The History: Played 10; Dragons 7, Titans 3. The Dragons boast a 3-zip advantage in Wollongong, although the Titans won the past two away clashes played between the sides (at WIN Jubilee Stadium).

The Last Time They Met: The Titans defeated the Dragons 28-14 at WIN Jubilee Oval in Round 14 last year.
A second-half blitz by the Titans overwhelmed the under-strength Dragons, who were missing a host of stars in the lead-up to the second game of the 2011 Origin series.

The visitors led 4-nil with just three minutes on the clock before two tries to the Dragons ? including one to centre Alex McKinnon in his NRL debut ? saw the home side take an 8-4 lead to halftime.

However, a hat-trick of tries to open the scoring in the second half put the Titans in the box seat. Captain Scott Prince commenced their assault when he grubber-kicked into the Dragons? in-goal and won the race for the ball to score a confidence-boosting try in the 45th minute. Minutes later Mark Minichiello was given the green light for a try despite suggestions of his second-man involvement in a strip of the ball on Dragons rookie McKinnon 10 metres out. When David Mead crossed on the right edge in the 56th minute the Titans led 20-8.

McKinnon salvaged some pride for the Red V when he burst through the defence off a Nathan Fien pass to bag his second try of the night, before Matt Srama crossed off a belated Ben Ridge offload to extend the visitors? lead to 26-14 with 12 minutes remaining. A penalty goal to Scott Prince rounded out the scoring.

Completions were the key to the Titans? victory: they completed their sets at an impressive 85 per cent compared to their opponents? 72 per cent. However, the scoreboard bellied their defensive effort: the Gold Coast missed 41 tackles, with the Dragons dropping off just 33.

Prince was man of the match, with a try and two try assists.
Alex McKinnon had a huge debut in the big league, scoring two tries and making three line-breaks, while Michael Weyman made a game-high 48 tackles as well as 12 hit-ups.

Match Officials: Referees ? Jason Robinson & Gavin Morris; Sideline Officials ? Jason Walsh & Luke Potter; Video Referee ? Paul Mellor.

The Way We See It: This is it for the Dragons. If they can?t get the chocolates against the Titans in front of their home crowd and with all troops on deck, then the chances of their launching a long sequence of victories (they probably need to win seven of their remaining 10) to claw their way back into semi-finals contention look slim. The Gold Coast are playing with confidence but cracking the Dragons? defence is going to prove a tougher nut than the woeful Panthers last week. Based solely on their final 30 minutes against the Bulldogs we?ll side with the Dragons by eight points.

Televised: Channel 9 ? Live 7.30pm (NSW), delayed 9.30pm (Qld); Fox Sports 2 ? Delayed 10.30pm.

? Statistics: NRL Stats

http://www.nrl.com

DIEHARD
20-06-12, 01:30 PM
THIS IS DELAYED TILL 9.30PM!?!?!

Boofhead
20-06-12, 02:29 PM
THIS IS DELAYED TILL 9.30PM!?!?!

Oh FFS Nine. I thought it would of at least been the NSW game.

Edit: Picture contradicts article. Live into NSW (NBN).

Titanic
20-06-12, 02:31 PM
Not in China :) better watch out for spoilers.

DavidBouveng
20-06-12, 03:26 PM
Surely we can get it on NBN.

Funnily, me and a mate were discussing which game to watch first and I said save the best till last, and wasn't too fussed.

But now that I have no choice I change my mind and will complain loudly that I want titans first...

DIEHARD
20-06-12, 03:32 PM
Im in Brissie so watching NSW tv is ruled out for me. Looks like Ill have to avoid the internet on Friday evening.

gotitans101
20-06-12, 04:46 PM
Just had a look at both Nine and NBN's TV guides and both seem to be broadcasting the Broncos vs Rabbitohs game at 7:30pm.

Might look for an alternative live stream or just listen to it on ABC grandstand me thinks, couldn't be bothered sitting through Nine's bull**** coverage with a million ads.

Can't wait till they (hopefully) lose the rights to it next year.

hatchy84
20-06-12, 06:25 PM
Gotitans I'm hearing you ABC will have donkeys aswell

Julius Sezer
20-06-12, 07:43 PM
I dont mind watching the second game. They should really put one game on Channel 9 and another game on Gem at the same time or something like that.

gotitans101
20-06-12, 08:06 PM
Gotitans I'm hearing you ABC will have donkeys aswell

They usually have an allocated call team for each state so I'm confident the NSW crew will be calling our game. But hopefully it doesn't come to that and I find a live video stream somewhere.

DIEHARD
21-06-12, 08:13 AM
Well seening our form hasnt been flash and as a result NINE not being interested in us. It hasn't bothered me too much that the Broncos are on every Friday night. Until now.

But damn if I was a Broncos fans, relentless Friday night games would annoy the hell out of me.

Hail Sezer
21-06-12, 02:09 PM
Jetstar Gold Coast Titans centre Steve Michaels will play his landmark 100th NRL game against the Dragons tomorrow night after being brought into the starting 17 for the injured Beau Champion.
Michaels, a Mudgeeraba Redbacks junior, will join the 100-club eight seasons after making his debut for the Brisbane Broncos in 2005.
The 25-year-old has been through some ups and downs in that time - a factor which makes the milestone all the more significant.
"It's been a while since my debut when I was 18 but I finally got there and I'm happy to do it with the Titans,'' said Michaels.
"(My debut) was in 2005, it was a cold night down at Canberra and it feels like a fairly long time ago.
"Since I've come to the Titans I've really enjoyed my football and I'm loving it.
"It's unfortunate that it's come through injury to other boys but I'll take my chance and I play every game like it's my last.
"I've had my share of injuries and have been in and out of first grade a fair bit so I'd say you could say it was a rocky road to getting to my 100th game but I'm happy to get there and hope to play more first grade.''
Champion was unable to prove his fitness to take on the Dragons after suffering an ankle injury against the Panthers, while prop Matt White has also been ruled out after spending time in hospital this week with tonsillitis.
Centre Dom Peyroux and outside back Phil Graham were brought into the training squad for this morning's final session before the team travelled to Sydney.
With fullback William Zillman also in some doubt, Jetstar Titans Coach John Cartwright will settle on a final line-up tomorrow.

From http://www.titans.com.au/news-display/Michaels-to-notch-100th-game-against-Dragons/57643

....why are we so injury prone this season, every week its someone else who would otherwise be starting.

gotitans101
21-06-12, 02:14 PM
Quite worried about this game now. Wasn't expecting so many in doubt.

Rage
21-06-12, 03:04 PM
AAP Thu, Jun 21, 2012 - 1:46 PM

The return of prized signing Beau Champion has stalled and two key players are in doubt for the Gold Coast Titans ahead of Friday night's NRL clash with the Dragons in Wollongong.

Beau Champion has been pulled from the clash as he recovers from an ankle complaint suffered in last round's win over Penrith.

He has been replaced in the centres by Steve Michaels, who will celebrate his 100th game.

Coach John Cartwright has Phil Graham on standby for William Zillman after the fullback left Thursday's training session with a back-hamstring complaint.

And forward Matt White is not expected to make the trip south after he spent the last two days in hospital battling a tonsilitis infection.

"It's a bit of a dog's brekky at the moment. We will do what we have to when the time comes," Cartwright said of naming a final 17.

Both the Titans (10th) and Dragons (11th) are on 14 points outside the top eight but the Gold Coast is one of the NRL's form sides after winning four of their last five games.

Boofhead
21-06-12, 03:05 PM
Oh dear... If we can jag a win here it will be a minor miracle.

Bye couldn't come at a better time.

Smakked
21-06-12, 03:23 PM
Thats not good to hear, doesnt look as good now for us

Hail Sezer
21-06-12, 03:28 PM
Phil Graham at standby? What about Dowling?!

So frustrating.

hatchy84
21-06-12, 04:15 PM
Michaels and hendo playing put all Ur hard earned on the dragons

hatchy84
21-06-12, 04:15 PM
Hope I'm wrong

Jamal's Hamstring
21-06-12, 04:34 PM
So Nate slides over to cover White, Hendo gets a run on gig and Ryan James goes to the bench.

You would think Dowling would cover Zillman. Maybe even Rankin?

Rage
21-06-12, 05:09 PM
It doesn't look good I'll admit but let's not forget some of the Titan's best performances have been with an injury ravaged side. I was a bit worried they'd go into this complacent after last week's win so maybe this'll keep things in check.

Then again, maybe i'm just clutching at straws...

Supergoose
21-06-12, 06:00 PM
I wonder who Peyroux is on standby for if he's a chance of playing? Maybe Peyroux on the right wing and Mead to fullback!

Ryan
21-06-12, 06:13 PM
I haven't watched many Dragons games this year, but they seem to be a shadow of previous years. Our injuries are racking up again, but as mentioned thats when our biggest upset have come through.

I hope Dowling gets another run, he was safe as houses. Thats all we would need from a stand-in fullback, there's enough spark in our halves to get enough points to do over the Dragons form of late. Only two games in the last 2months have they scored more than 2 tries, on par with Newcastle and Parra as the lowest scorers in the comp this year.

If our defense stays as good as it has been, and we manage at least three tries - that should be good enough.
Having James out there bullying Soward will go along way too....

Princey's Titanz
21-06-12, 06:38 PM
Dowling deserves another shot. His catching under pressure was excellent against the Sharks.

patskE
21-06-12, 08:06 PM
"Coach John Cartwright has Phil Graham on standby for William Zillman after the fullback left today's training session with a back-hamstring complaint."

wtf is this... this is wat i hate about Cartwright... u give a guy a go, n he gets one game then u never see him, ie walker.
rather dowling over graham any day of the week. even slot rankin back there. just give dragons the game. sigh sigh

Titanic
21-06-12, 09:22 PM
The redeeming factor here is that our halves are in tact and that's where we really need it because as we all know our outside backs do not feature in Cartwright's game plan except to catch kicks and chase down missed tackles from our centres. I would not put Peyroux anywhere except wing but I'll bet he's covering Idris.

1. Graham
2. Mead
3. Peyroux
4. Michaels
5. Gordon

Jamal's Hamstring
21-06-12, 10:16 PM
Taking Titans on a dozen start at $1.46.

teke
22-06-12, 12:39 AM
I dont think Titans will win this one

Boofhead
22-06-12, 01:17 AM
I dont think Titans will win this one

Yep - seems everything is pointing to a Dragons win. We will need to pull out a mighty performance like we did at the graveyard a few years back.

I don't think this a make or break game for us, there is plenty of time to sneak into the top 8. After the bye - origin will be out of the way and we will be full strength for the first time this year (barring injury).

We have momentum and players are hitting form at the right time.

In saying all this - I hope we smash the **** out of the Stains. :fight:

DIEHARD
22-06-12, 07:46 AM
Mead to get his shot at fullback

TITANS coach John Cartwright is set to unleash speedster David Mead at fullback with a growing injury toll decimating his side for tonight's clash against St George Illawarra.

Regular fullback Will Zillman did not travel with the team yesterday after failing to overcome a chronic back injury while centre Beau Champion (ankle), back-rower Greg Bird (chest) and props Matt White (tonsilitis) and Luke Bailey (ribs) are also unavailable.

Phil Graham, Dominique Peyroux and Steve Michaels have been drafted into the side with Graham and Mead to share the fullback duties.

Mead has been the Titans' most potent backline force this year, leading the team for linebreaks (eight) and tries scored (six).

He amassed 206m and six tackle busts in Gold Coast's 36-18 win over Penrith last Sunday.

Cartwright has seen Mead as a fullback option for some time after he starred for Papua New Guinea at the 2009 Pacific Nations Cup, scoring five tries in two games.

Mead has the pace, strength and elusiveness to excell in the No. 1 jersey and will be given a taste of it for the first time at WIN Stadium when he rotates from the right wing with Graham.

The five-day turnaround was too short for Zillman to overcome a nagging back problem which causes him to have hamstring tightness and Cartwright said they were prepared for the changes.

"We covered there with Phil Graham. They've been training in those positions all year so we'll do what we have to do," he said.

"It's a bit of a dog's brekky at the moment. That's footy. That's the way the season goes.

"You have Origin, injuries and form. That's why you run with 30 (players). If you could guarantee against everything else we'd only need 17 players.

"We've got 30 odd and a few of them get a chance this week."

The Wollongong clash is a pivotal game in the Titans' season with the club to have a bye next weekend.

The Dragons have won just one of their past six matches and Cartwright said a win would put the 10th placed Titans in a good position heading into a week off and guaranteed two points before they return for the post-Origin period.

"It's always important going into a bye. You can go into the game and come out ready for your next one with four points on the table," he said.

"It is a four-point game and that steps us a little bit closer. There's still a long way to go in the competition and if we can win the majority of those games we'll be around there somewhere.

"If we can put them under some pressure they're the ones that are going to be having some doubts.

"We went through it early in the year. When you're losing you can be playing as good as you like but if you don't edge forward on the scoreboard those self doubts creep in."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au

Rage
22-06-12, 09:33 AM
This is what we've all been waiting for! Mead in the 1...Hope he unleashes hell on the Dragons

Rage
22-06-12, 09:39 AM
By Laine Clark AAP Thu, Jun 21, 2012 - 5:03 PM

Usually an injury crisis would worry Gold Coast Titans coach John Cartwright.

But the Titans' well documented off-field problems have put things in perspective for the poker-faced mentor.

Cartwright would have every right to be concerned after prized signing Beau Champion (ankle) and forward Matt White (tonsillitis) were ruled out of Friday night's NRL clash with the Dragons, with a question mark hovering over William Zillman (hamstring).

Especially after his trump card Greg Bird (pectoral) had already been placed on ice for a game that may yet set them up for a top-eight tilt.

However, nothing seems to faze Cartwright these days after enduring some dark days at the Titans - days that finally appear to over.

This week Titans boss Michael Searle told the ARL Commission that he had found three investors who could cover the club's estimated $4 million debt.

To boot, the Gold Coast announced a new naming rights sponsor for the next four years.

Steeled by months of uncertainty swirling around the club, Cartwright backed his depleted side to stake a finals claim in Wollongong as they soaked up the welcome good news.

"That's a box we can tick off now. It's out of the way. It was a major thing but it is done now - that will help us move forward for sure," he said on Thursday.

Not that the 10th-placed Titans had been struggling on the field - they have turned around their horror 1-5 season start by winning four of their last five games to be in sight of the top eight.

Another victory ahead of next round's bye will help their finals push take shape - but Cartwright was not about to start patting backs just yet.

"I am very happy for them. I can sit here and talk until I am blue in the face about how hard they have worked," he said.

"But we are nowhere near where we want to be. If we are talking about the same thing in 10 weeks' time we will be extremely happy.

"We are just two losses away from being told we are in a slump again.

"We are in a position where we can launch. It's up to us now if we do."

Steve Michaels - set to notch game No.100 - will replace Champion in the centres while backs Dominic Peyroux and Phil Graham were brought into the squad to cover the injury concerns.

Graham is on standby for fullback Zillman while White has been cut after spending the last two days in hospital on antibiotics.

Tamwelg
22-06-12, 09:43 AM
This is what we've all been waiting for! Mead in the 1...Hope he unleashes hell on the Dragons

We have? As much as I agree Mead is our best outside back right now and the best backline ball runner, I'd rather him stay where he is. I'm not a fan of moving a player from a position they are excelling at. I would have preferred they gave Dowling another run. I don't think he currently possess all the attributes of a modern day fullback (that's not to say he can't develop them though. He'll be fine under the high ball at fullback, his broken field running will be brilliant, his defense will hold up, his support play should be good, but if he has to pass the ball, we may see some issues.

In saying that if moved to fullback I hope he has a blinder and puts up his hand to make the spot his own.

Rage
22-06-12, 10:07 AM
Hm I know what you mean about moving players out of position but Mead at fullback holds so much potential, which isn't being fully realised out on the wing. I remember that finals game where Mead was averaging 30 meters on his kick returns.

Rage
22-06-12, 10:10 AM
In any case, here's the updated team lists:

FRIDAY

St George Illawarra Dragons v Gold Coast Titans at WIN Stadium, 7:35pm (local). #NRLSTIGLD

DRAGONS: Brett Morris, Daniel Vidot, Chase Stanley, Matt Cooper, Jason Nightingale, Jamie Soward, Ben Hornby, Dan Hunt, Mitch Rein, Trent Merrin, Beau Scott, Ben Creagh, Dean Young. Interchange: Nathan Fien, Jack de Belin, Matt Prior, Jake Marketo

Late Mail: Dean Young is tipped to start from the bench with Jake Marketo starting at lock.

TITANS: Phil Graham, Kevin Gordon, Jamal Idris, Steve Michaels, David Mead, Aidan Sezer, Scott Prince, Luke Douglas, Matt Srama, TBA, Nate Myles, Mark Minichiello, Ashley Harrison. Interchange (from): Michael Henderson, Brenton Lawrence, Ben Ridge, Luke O’Dwyer, Dominique Peyroux

Late Mail: Beau Champion (ankle), William Zillman (hamstring) and Matt White (tonsilitis) are all out. Phil Graham is expected to come into the side at fullback, with Steve Michaels moving into the centres. Dominique Peyroux has been added to the bench, with Nate Myles likely to move into the front row.

teke
22-06-12, 12:53 PM
I don't think he currently possess all the attributes of a modern day fullback (that's not to say he can't develop them though. He'll be fine under the high ball at fullback, his broken field running will be brilliant, his defense will hold up, his support play should be good, but if he has to pass the ball, we may see some issues.
The key to being a good fullback is positioning and he is aware of it.

If he gets himself into the proper positions which im not so confident about then he will tear them up especially in attack. Could be the first time this club sees a fullback screaming into the backline punching holes in the oppositions outside defence.

Titanic
22-06-12, 01:05 PM
The problem is he won't be wearing 1 so if he gets any time there then I'll be surprised. Time will tell.

gotitans101
22-06-12, 02:20 PM
Would have preferred to see Dowling given another shot but hey, I guess there is no harm in giving Mead a shot at fullback considering he has played a similar role before.

I'm just worried about our Centres really. I don't rate Michaels or Peyroux.

Oh and then there's Henderson. . . .

Nick
22-06-12, 02:49 PM
We have got this. I can see a really good match happening tonight. I hope mead does get a shot at the back.. I would like to see he and kevy link up a bit.
Mead FTS titans by 8

karnage
22-06-12, 02:50 PM
So the message that Cartwright is sending to Dowling is that his debut was so poor that he has fallen to atleast 4th on the Fullback depth chart. Zillman, Mead and Graham have all moves ahead of him as a result of his debut.

The betting for this game tells you everything you ned to know. The line opened at an even 4 points and has moved to mostly 6.5 points, but 7.5 points with others. The Dragons have not covered a spread in any of their past 4 games but the punters are still steaming into them. If the betting is right tonight could get ugly...

Boofhead
22-06-12, 03:23 PM
1. Mead Morris
2. Gordon Vidot
3. Michaels Stanley
4. Idris Cooper
5. Graham Nightingale
6. Sezer Soward
7. Prince Hornby
8. Douglas Hunt
9. Srama Rein
10. Myles Merrin
11. O'Dwyer Scott
12. Minichiello Creagh
13. Harrison Young

We will give them the bench.

Titans 7
Dragons 5
Tie 2

We got this.

gotitans101
22-06-12, 03:25 PM
4. Idris Cooper

I'm still not convinced Idris is a certain starter as Peyroux has travelled with the team.

But we'll have to wait till kick-off to find out.

TITAN PETE
22-06-12, 03:36 PM
Dragons v Titans preview

Nigel Wall NRL.com Wed, Jun 20, 2012 - 11:59 AM

It?s crunch time for the 10th-placed Titans and 11th-placed Dragons with defeat here likely to leave the loser three wins away from the semi-finals zone and with a serious battle on their hands to remain relevant in the 2012 premiership.

St George Illawarra recorded their fifth loss from their past six outings against the Bulldogs in Wollongong last Friday night, effectively shooting themselves in the foot when they allowed the visitors to race to an 18-nil lead in better than even time. However, on the plus side they showed enterprise in attack in their second-half comeback, compiling three spectacular, ad-lib tries before falling 28-20.

Meanwhile the Titans dominated the out-of-sorts Panthers on the Gold Coast last Sunday, continuing the resurgent, spirited form that?s earned them four wins from their past five games to leave them some chance of participating deep into September.

With captain Scott Prince weaving his magic the Titans have snuck up on the pack after their horror 1-5 start to the season and a win here, plus their second bye next week, would leave them knocking on the door of the top eight.

Meanwhile the Dragons need to stop the haemorrhaging in a hurry ? they face a tough road trip to Canberra next week: they?ve lost 12 of their past 13 games against the Green Machine and haven?t won in Canberra since 2000. Plus they?ll be without their Origin duo Ben Creagh and Trent Merrin, so two competition points this week is imperative if they?re to remain in the premiership picture.

Fans in Wollongong will be hoping to cheer loudly at fulltime ? worryingly the Dragons have lost four of their past six games at WIN Stadium.

In team changes, centre Kyle Stanley has not recovered from the leg injury he sustained last week ? with brother Chase filling his boots. Matt Prior rejoins the squad on the bench after his five-game suspension for a late hit on Johnathan Thurston in Round 9, while Dean Young will start at lock with Jake Marketo reverting to the bench.

Meanwhile centre Jamal Idris returns to the run-on side after being a late withdrawal last week, partnering Beau Champion who is fit after being forced from the field after just five minutes against the Panthers. Idris? substitute Steve Michaels hits the pine.

But in a huge blow, second-rower Greg Bird remains on the casualty list after picking up a pectoral strain in their last-start victory. Nate Myles assumes his starting role, with Michael Henderson joining the interchange bench. (Luke Bailey remains sidelined with a rib injury and is still two weeks away from returning.)

St George Illawarra will wear a special Pink V jersey to mark this week?s Women in League Round.

Watch Out Dragons: The Dragons? structured defence might deserve a pat on the back after averaging the third-fewest missed tackles in the comp to date (26.8) but their handling of opposition attacking kicks has been woeful in 2012. The Dragons have leaked 16 tries to kicks ? the third-most in the comp ? and Scott Prince will be licking his lips at the prospect of more joy here. The Titans have scored 10 tries off the boot.

Give David Mead half a chance and he?ll blow you away ? the Titans? right-side winger is his side?s most damaging attacker, with seven line-breaks and six tries so far.

Hot-and-cold contributor Nate Myles looks to be hot at the moment ? he made 153 metres from 17 hit-ups backing up after Origin last week and is averaging 115 overall with 34 tackles a game. He?ll be focused on a win after six straight personal losses to the Red V over the past three years.

The Titans will welcome Jamal Idris? impact out wide ? he has made six line-breaks and six line-break assists in his interrupted season.

Danger Sign: Any time the Titans get 20-50 metres out from the Dragons? line with tackles up their sleeves. The Gold Coast have scored 10 tries in this zone compared to just four from 10-20 metres out. Clearly they like room to move. It?s also the zone where Jamal Idris is most dangerous.

Watch Out Titans: The Dragons made their most line-breaks in a match (six) last week against the Bulldogs, including four in the second 40 minutes. They may languish alongside the Knights at the bottom of the NRL pile for line-breaks (3.5 per match) and occupy rock bottom for overall points scored (15 per match) but they proved against the ?Dogs that they can smoulder in attack when they don?t think too hard about what they are doing. That could be the key to unlocking the rest of their season.

Jamie Soward finally broke the shackles and was rewarded with three try assists last week, taking his year?s tally to eight. He?ll terrorise the Titans? outside backs if he continues to play off the cuff. Plus he?s bound to add to his solitary line-break sooner rather than later.

Jason Nightingale is offering great service out wide, making 121 metres a game with 51 tackle busts so far. He?s a provider for others, too, leading the way for try assists by a winger (five).

Danger Sign: Fullback Brett Morris offloading in broken-field play and interchange forward Trent Merrin promoting the Steeden at the defensive line. These two vital attacking cogs are tied fifth in the comp for offloads, each tallying 25 to date. The Titans concede the fifth-most offloads in the NRL.

Ben Hornby v Scott Prince: Two wily, involved halfbacks ? veteran Hornby makes the third-most touches by a halfback, with Prince a close fourth ? whose direction as playmaker will be paramount.

Hornby is the second-most prolific runner in the No.7 jersey (behind Shark Jeff Robson) based on touches, probing for an opportunity in the opposition defence every 6.3 receives.

The Dragons are at their most dangerous when they add penetration through the middle third to their well-known sideline shifts. Hornby can provide that spark, half-dummying and jinking at the line before offloading to running supports. He ranks fourth for line-break assists (nine). Also, his next line-break will be the 100th in his career.

Meanwhile the Titans rely heavily on Prince: he ranks second behind Cooper Cronk for try assists by a halfback (with 15, including three last week), and third for line-break assists (10). He will be a counter-attacking threat as the Dragons sweep left too ? Prince leads the NRL for intercepts (with three) and created a try assist for David Mead in just this fashion against the Panthers. The Dragons will need to be alert to Prince?s grubbers into the in-goal ? not just for the scoring threat they pose but also the pressure that a repeat set will build. The Dragons are the third-worst team at defusing grubbers (just 71 per cent).

Where It Will Be Won: Keeping errors to a minimum. Along with the Eels and Cowboys the Titans are spilling the football the most often in 2012 (11.3 errors per match) while the Dragons are making the sixth-most mistakes (11.8). Both sides complete their sets a below-average 72 per cent.

Also, territory early on will be crucial. The Dragons have really lost their way since Michael Weyman?s season-ending injury six weeks ago. Since his demise against the Panthers the Dragons have compiled the fifth-fewest metres in the opening 20 minutes of their matches (308 metres) ? a far cry from their league-leading efforts over the past three years when they pounded out 357 metres in opening quarters.

The History: Played 10; Dragons 7, Titans 3. The Dragons boast a 3-zip advantage in Wollongong, although the Titans won the past two away clashes played between the sides (at WIN Jubilee Stadium).

The Last Time They Met: The Titans defeated the Dragons 28-14 at WIN Jubilee Oval in Round 14 last year.
A second-half blitz by the Titans overwhelmed the under-strength Dragons, who were missing a host of stars in the lead-up to the second game of the 2011 Origin series.

The visitors led 4-nil with just three minutes on the clock before two tries to the Dragons ? including one to centre Alex McKinnon in his NRL debut ? saw the home side take an 8-4 lead to halftime.

However, a hat-trick of tries to open the scoring in the second half put the Titans in the box seat. Captain Scott Prince commenced their assault when he grubber-kicked into the Dragons? in-goal and won the race for the ball to score a confidence-boosting try in the 45th minute. Minutes later Mark Minichiello was given the green light for a try despite suggestions of his second-man involvement in a strip of the ball on Dragons rookie McKinnon 10 metres out. When David Mead crossed on the right edge in the 56th minute the Titans led 20-8.

McKinnon salvaged some pride for the Red V when he burst through the defence off a Nathan Fien pass to bag his second try of the night, before Matt Srama crossed off a belated Ben Ridge offload to extend the visitors? lead to 26-14 with 12 minutes remaining. A penalty goal to Scott Prince rounded out the scoring.

Completions were the key to the Titans? victory: they completed their sets at an impressive 85 per cent compared to their opponents? 72 per cent. However, the scoreboard bellied their defensive effort: the Gold Coast missed 41 tackles, with the Dragons dropping off just 33.

Prince was man of the match, with a try and two try assists.
Alex McKinnon had a huge debut in the big league, scoring two tries and making three line-breaks, while Michael Weyman made a game-high 48 tackles as well as 12 hit-ups.

Match Officials: Referees ? Jason Robinson & Gavin Morris; Sideline Officials ? Jason Walsh & Luke Potter; Video Referee ? Paul Mellor.

The Way We See It: This is it for the Dragons. If they can?t get the chocolates against the Titans in front of their home crowd and with all troops on deck, then the chances of their launching a long sequence of victories (they probably need to win seven of their remaining 10) to claw their way back into semi-finals contention look slim. The Gold Coast are playing with confidence but cracking the Dragons? defence is going to prove a tougher nut than the woeful Panthers last week. Based solely on their final 30 minutes against the Bulldogs we?ll side with the Dragons by eight points.

Televised: Channel 9 ? Live 7.30pm (NSW), delayed 9.30pm (Qld); Fox Sports 2 ? Delayed 10.30pm.

gotitans101
22-06-12, 03:44 PM
Found a link to a live stream so I'm all set. Not sure of the quality though.

Titanic
22-06-12, 04:46 PM
Edit: No links to NRL streams please guys.

DIEHARD
22-06-12, 05:08 PM
Gotta bloody avoid the internet tonight...

DavidBouveng
22-06-12, 05:17 PM
Gotta bloody avoid ALL TECHNOLOGY tonight...

I've tried just dodging the Internet, then a mate I hadn't seen in 6 months texts me a 'Woo Hoo go u effing titans <insert score here >'.

Gonna be a long night for you.

DavidBouveng
22-06-12, 05:50 PM
Just a quick post to get my post count up by one, can't go into a game down on troops and leave my count on 666. We need all the help we can get

amaline
22-06-12, 06:06 PM
Does this mean we are playing Idris on his non-preferred side and Michaels on the opposite side he played last week. Makes sense.

DIEHARD
22-06-12, 06:20 PM
Just a quick post to get my post count up by one, can't go into a game down on troops and leave my count on 666. We need all the help we can get

Haha good one.

I might switch my phone into flight mode as well.

Boofhead
22-06-12, 07:00 PM
Anything could happen! The U20's got up!

Titanic
22-06-12, 07:00 PM
Haha good one.

I might switch my phone into flight mode as well.

man, phones can do everything these days ... even fly :doh:

Boofhead
22-06-12, 07:09 PM
Final teams in:

http://live.nrlstats.com/matches/nrl/match17095.html

Boofhead
22-06-12, 07:10 PM
No Matt Cooper.

Titanic
22-06-12, 07:27 PM
Fingers crossed ... we have a national public holiday in China today ... Dragon Boat Day ... not sure if that's some cross-cultural reference to St. George missing the boat.

Nick
22-06-12, 07:44 PM
F@&king Hadley.

Mr Stupid
22-06-12, 07:45 PM
I'm in Barcelona... What's happening?

Nick
22-06-12, 07:48 PM
Don't look too bad thus far.. The queens are definitely here to play. It has been a fast game so far.. No real try scoring opportunities yet, dragons seem a little on top atm

gotitans101
22-06-12, 07:50 PM
Soward runs straight through a massive gap.

Try saving tackle Meady!

Nick
Idris is also on the right and is playing inside prince in defence and has looked good defensively until then when they made a break

Mr Stupid
Tks. Go boys!

Nick
22-06-12, 07:55 PM
We have done very well not concede one yet. The dragons look good

Nick
22-06-12, 07:56 PM
Johns has money on the dragons fr sure!

Nick
22-06-12, 07:57 PM
Mead MOTM so far. His defence has been remarkable, as with graham

Nick
22-06-12, 07:58 PM
It has been such a fast game so far!

gotitans101
22-06-12, 08:00 PM
The worst thing about this game is having to listen to Hadley and Gilbert.

Nick
22-06-12, 08:01 PM
Great grubber down the short side to Gordon almost endeup a try

gotitans101
22-06-12, 08:02 PM
Thanks Idris, fool.

What a lazy play. Pressure was on the Dragons too.

Titanic
22-06-12, 08:03 PM
sorry boys but I just have to say that we have the two dumbet centers in the world ... Michaels can't tackle and Idris is a friggin idiot.

Nick
22-06-12, 08:04 PM
Idris with a flick 2m forward and straight to the ground, mead was wide open.

Nick
22-06-12, 08:04 PM
Michaels has been so bad in defence so far.

gotitans101
22-06-12, 08:07 PM
Dragons defence is solid thus far.

gotitans101
22-06-12, 08:08 PM
sorry boys but I just have to say that we have the two dumbet centers in the world ... Michaels can't tackle

That's why the Broncos got rid of him.

Nick
22-06-12, 08:08 PM
Dragons are defending very well, we keep going the same plays trough the middle

Nick
22-06-12, 08:10 PM
Yeww meady first try scorer :)

Titanic
22-06-12, 08:10 PM
gee that was bad ... 400 tackles at them and nothing :-(

Nick
22-06-12, 08:11 PM
Haha unfortunately not!

gotitans101
22-06-12, 08:15 PM
Shocking defense.

Nick
22-06-12, 08:15 PM
Too easy from the dragons.. Good passing though

Titanic
22-06-12, 08:16 PM
Michaels/Gordon has been a known poor combination in defence for how many years and the Dragons are in ... that is really bad bad bad play.

Titanic
22-06-12, 08:18 PM
They are eating us up the middle.

Nick
22-06-12, 08:20 PM
I was about to compliment ridges defence... Then he screws up a play the ball

gotitans101
22-06-12, 08:20 PM
Henderson hitting it up but going nowhere as per usual.

Nick
22-06-12, 08:21 PM
Mead @ Fb.. Now kick to him

Titanic
22-06-12, 08:24 PM
friggin goat

Nick
Mead is hovering as a full back should. Love it

Titanic
what a poor half of rugby league

Nick
Friggin goat indeed

Nick
22-06-12, 08:25 PM
Can we piss taylor Off and have inglis instead? Man he is gopd

Nick
22-06-12, 08:27 PM
ok half time.. time to slow up on the drinks

Titanic
22-06-12, 08:35 PM
lol ... I couldn't trust myself watching this on the grog.

Boofhead
22-06-12, 08:37 PM
lol ... I couldn't trust myself watching this on the grog.

That's why I'm not watching. Just checking the scores occasionally. Chairs could of been in flat screens by the sounds of it.

But looking forward to the replay if we get up! :fight:

Titanic
22-06-12, 08:47 PM
disorganised

gotitans101
22-06-12, 08:51 PM
SEZER YOU LEGEND.

Nick
22-06-12, 08:51 PM
Great kick Sezer. Future blue in the waiting!

Titanic
22-06-12, 08:54 PM
if you can't get the others do it then do it yourself ... good try Prince but let's not pass it to any other backs except Sezer, Mead and Graham

Nick
22-06-12, 08:59 PM
What a take from mead! Great play!

Titanic
22-06-12, 09:09 PM
we had them covered and gave a cheap 2 points

gotitans101
If Gordon catches that, we win.

Nick
That is encouraging the drags taking two.. We just need to dominate this defensive set

Titanic
22-06-12, 09:12 PM
may as well just hand it to them

gotitans101
22-06-12, 09:12 PM
Did O'dwyer really have a second go or did Creagh just milk it?

Titanic
22-06-12, 09:14 PM
may as well just hand it to them

back to back ... what a crock

Mr Stupid
22-06-12, 09:14 PM
Tell me when the field goal is scored...got no stream!

gotitans101
22-06-12, 09:15 PM
Tell me when the field goal is scored...got no stream!

8-6 Dragons because Myles made a high tackle on a Dragons player.

Mr Stupid
22-06-12, 09:18 PM
Who looks like winning?

gotitans101
22-06-12, 09:19 PM
Only 4 minutes to go. Gonna take something special to come back from here.

Titanic
22-06-12, 09:24 PM
Well after all the crap we've dealt up this year that was right up there with the worst.

Nick
22-06-12, 09:25 PM
We had every chance to win it. Pretty disappointing that loss..

Boofhead
22-06-12, 09:26 PM
Gutted.

Oh well - the effort was there. Well done lads.

Boofhead
22-06-12, 09:27 PM
Peyroux didn't even get a wink.

Surely James on the bench even getting 10 minutes would of been a better option.

SOFT!

gotitans101
22-06-12, 09:28 PM
Bye bye top 8.

It will take a miracle to get back in there now.

Boofhead
22-06-12, 09:30 PM
Bye bye top 8.

It will take a miracle to get back in there now.

Disagree. It's still extremely achievable. We have a favorable run home and have a full compliment of players.

Nick
22-06-12, 09:35 PM
The dragons defence was good.. out forwards were making no dent in their line.. James would have been handy in that sense.. I dont like Myles at prop. There was no point in wasting a bench spot with peyroux.. and how good was Sezers pass for that no try he was called offside for!
I liked Mead at the back, although he never got the ball with space in front of him because our defence was terrible and got dominated almost every set.

gotitans101
22-06-12, 09:36 PM
Disagree. It's still extremely achievable. We have a favorable run home and have a full compliment of players.

Not with the same team that ran out there tonight, that's for damn sure.

Sick and tired of calling out the same players being O'Dwyer, Henderson and Michaels. But I guess we don't have as much depth as we thought we did.

As you can tell I'm pretty ****ed off at that loss. We had our chances but blew them, again.

Nick
22-06-12, 09:43 PM
The way we played the last 10 pissed me off.. we were still going 1 out every run.
Mead was easily the titans best for mine.

Hail Sezer
22-06-12, 09:52 PM
F***.

Ok well only caught the second half as had a footy game of my own but from what I saw...Michaels frustrated me a lot, Mead was exceptional, Sezer played well besides his offside (omg that pass was insane), Prince looked solid. Myles made a rediculous amount of errors from what I saw which was frustrating.

You guys really think we can still do it?

Oh, and relieved I didn't have to witness Hendo being on the field.

Titanic
22-06-12, 09:52 PM
My complaint is the amount of yards they made every set. We never pinned them down at all. They had nothing but we had less. Idris is fast becoming a deadset liability, now we've seen him on the right, let's get him back to the left or QCup.

Also I really didn't like Mead at the back. He was safe and all that but we had no punch up that right side when we needed it. Those inside balls were telegraphed when we should have got it out wide at the end.

I am not going to criticise the replacements because it is as useless as telling your wife that you don't like your mother-in-law ... it only ends in frustration. What was Peyroux doing there? I'll bet he doesn't know either, just wait for the pathetic reasoning.

Srama, Sezer, Ridge, the reformed Minichiello and Graham all went well but Harrison (did he play) and Myles were ordinary, imho.

Obviously the players don't think our season was on the line because there was no urgency at all.

Nick
22-06-12, 09:56 PM
hate to say it but Hendo definitely was not our worst.
Michaels' defence was pathetic it was just embarrassing, chase stanley and soward schooled him all night. Harrison stunted our attack so much in that first half when we were on top. Ridge was hitting and running hard all night and I hope he keeps that spot in the team.

Titanic
22-06-12, 10:09 PM
Yeah it's funny ... how Michaels can play 100 first grade games and still have no idea how to defend ... running out of the line like a park player and he wasn't alone on that side either but I'll get shouted down for saying that ... oh well, we will avoid the Spoon and that'll have to do.

titanfan1980
22-06-12, 10:15 PM
I just don't understand cartwrights selections?? Micheals can't tackle.. Dom Peyroux on the bench?? What for? Surely Ryan James is a better bench option.. And Henderson he couldn't dent the line if his life depended on it.. He shouldn't even be aloud to carry the orange peelers oranges to the sheds!

Smakked
22-06-12, 10:29 PM
Why the **** is Michaels in the team he should be banned from NRL.

patskE
22-06-12, 10:54 PM
Sick and tired of calling out the same players being O'Dwyer, Henderson and Michaels. But I guess we don't have as much depth as we thought we did.

mate. 100% agree... i over carty, n i have been for a while... he dosnt give young blokes the chances he needs, n he keep pickings player who would struggle in any team to make the bench... i cant understand it. zzzzzzzzzzzz i didnt go to the game 2night n paint due to this... i just dont know how i can back the team when i cant back the coaches choices...

Chaos
22-06-12, 10:55 PM
Idris is fast becoming a deadset liability, now we've seen him on the right, let's get him back to the left or QCup.

QCup...are you serious?
I thought I read another post by you that stated you have coached before.
Would you not design a structure to at least put him into a on-on-one situation.
He's big, strong and can hit the line at speed.

At present he receives the ball with three guys marking him...even Johns and Fittler were trying to coach Carty from commentary.

patskE
22-06-12, 11:01 PM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151019618625932
titans v dragons last year i just found on a mates phone! if only tonight was like that night

patskE
22-06-12, 11:01 PM
might cheer some ppl up :(

pretty sure it was the try that tomane scored in the corner with his body over the side line, great try, great game. no phil graham

thelwall
22-06-12, 11:15 PM
mead ^^ i think

Jamal's Hamstring
22-06-12, 11:38 PM
We look to me like a team who needs the bye. The majority of our forwards just would not push in the tackle. As soon as the defender put a body on them they just surrendered. Harrison pissed me off absolutely no end- how can he look so different in an Origin jumper? Where's the pride?

We lost that game during the dominant fifteen minutes in the first half where we just could not break over the goal line. So many repeat sets for nothing.

It was competitive and I guess we should at least be thankful for that. No idea where this sits us as far as making the eight goes. I'm not real confident right now. Lets see how the results fall over the weekend.

Jamal's Hamstring
22-06-12, 11:40 PM
And Myles ***** slapping Jamal was a highlight for me. I especially like Jamal's little stanky leg thing he does when he gets hurt. He pulled the same thing during his poor pass / sore hamstring tumble earlier in the year.

I'm sure he's a lovely bloke but jesus christ- considering his pay packet it's only fair we expect a decent return. I can't wait until we have Taylor in the side as well...

TITAN PETE
22-06-12, 11:44 PM
Great game tonight even though we lost , add Bird & Bails & we win easy but it wasn't to be , thought Myles was the standout with great games from Sezar,Srama & Mead but can't believe there are comments on Hendo playing bad , thought his 2nd half was excellent with some great defense , if Idris can put 4 or 5 shots on like he did to Creigh he will be feared by the opposition.

The seasons not over by a long way , this team is building nicely for the final 10 games & if nothing else we are showing plenty of ticker considering last week we only had 14 players for the majority of the match & tonight only 15, Harro must be injured & Peyroux maybe he was just forgotten :rolleyes:

patskE
23-06-12, 12:01 AM
half of our team is forgotten... ie rankin dowling cough cough

Titanic
23-06-12, 12:05 AM
QCup...are you serious?
I thought I read another post by you that stated you have coached before.
Would you not design a structure to at least put him into a on-on-one situation.
He's big, strong and can hit the line at speed.

At present he receives the ball with three guys marking him...even Johns and Fittler were trying to coach Carty from commentary.

I have no doubt that if someone got inside his head with some clear direction then he could well be what his potential suggests, however, neither me nor you are coaching this team and the bloke that is either cannot or will not do what's required ... so off to the QCup because that was again a poor effort tonight and somebody needs to wake him up. I wonder if he watches himself or does he have a thing against giving clean ball to his outside men ... Gordon has never got a pass from him and neither has Mead or Graham. I don't criticise his earning because that's a completely different issue and if he can get away with under-performing then good luck to him.

Futhermore, I am not referring to either his brain explosion flick pass or his rolling around dead on the ground both of which were not good looks but his positioning in defence in particular is woeful. I add that I would very much like to be proven wrong.

teke
23-06-12, 02:37 AM
Had to work tonight so just finished watching the replay then.

Jamal :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My goodness

Boonarga
23-06-12, 02:43 AM
Gordon has never got a pass from him .....

Not quite right. He passed to Gordon (I think?) with the line wide open in front of himself for that 'no try' near the end.
Why the hell would he pass it? 5 metres out with nobody in front!!! Useless!

teke
23-06-12, 03:10 AM
Titans should have won this game tonight.

Johns and Fitler really were helping Carty out tonight.

I was very pleased with a few players especially Mead, I was quite nervous for him all day but like always he came through with a solid effort. More experience and better positioning he will break the line at will in the near future.

Sramas last 5/6 weeks of footy has been great, he is getting to dummy and not fart arsing around, clean crisp passing is giving the halves alot of time on the ball.

teke
23-06-12, 03:12 AM
Yeah it's funny ... how Michaels can play 100 first grade games and still have no idea how to defend ... running out of the line like a park player and he wasn't alone on that side either but I'll get shouted down for saying that ... oh well, we will avoid the Spoon and that'll have to do.You're not referring to Kevs constant attempts intercepts are you? :D

Chaos
23-06-12, 09:05 AM
I have no doubt that if someone got inside his head with some clear direction then he could well be what his potential suggests, however, neither me nor you are coaching this team and the bloke that is either cannot or will not do what's required ... so off to the QCup because that was again a poor effort tonight and somebody needs to wake him up.

There is no use dropping every player that has played under Cartwright because that don't know what lines to run.

Beside Mead..name one payer in the backline that fans didn't want to drop at some stage?

How about dropping the coach so these players can perform.

C-Whiz
23-06-12, 09:31 AM
Sorry Chaos, but Idris is fu$%!ng useless.

Yes Pete, he did put a good hit on Creagh, caught him unaware and it looked good on TV, but really it's not quite enough to justify all the mistakes and wasted space/money out there.

I get the distinct feeling that our halves, and others, DO NOT WANT TO GIVE THE BALL TO IDRIS in general play, and after watching some of his brain explosions with the ball, it's not really a surprise. Sure, feed him for a hit up, but he's got no idea what to do under pressure and shows no creativity for a centre.

Sorry to tell you, but Idris is fast becoming a one-trick pony, well, Clydesdale, and it won't take long before he is totally shut down, like he was on almost every hit up he did last night.

I also have the feeling that Cartwirght doesn't really trust him out there either, and that is why IMO Peyroux is taking up valuable real estate on the bench.

You are probably all seeing that I am totally underwhelmed by Idris so far, but you don't pay overs on "potential", you pay the sort of money he is on for results.

I don't blame Idris for the loss, or his state of play/fitness/condition, I blame the coaching staff, but like Titanic says, at some point he needs to go and find some match fitness and confidence and ability. In other words, turn that "potential" into performance. In the meant time, we need someone who can create something, who is fit, hungry and eager, and I would take Peyroux over Idirs any day, until Idris shows some form in Q cup.

karnage
23-06-12, 09:40 AM
There is no use dropping every player that has played under Cartwright because that don't know what lines to run.

Beside Mead..name one payer in the backline that fans didn't want to drop at some stage?

How about dropping the coach so these players can perform.

Exactly...

The worst thing about Searle sorting out our finances is that we are stuck with Cartwright for the foreseeable future. The Dragons were there to be beaten last night and any team with finals aspirations would have got the job done.

We didn't get the job done last night and we won't be playing finals footy this year. Carty failed us again by failing to select a balanced team that could win a winnable game of footy.

I'm all for giving Mead a run at fullback and I thought he went well but why not start him there. Why start Graham there and then switch them around?? It is a complete nonsense.

It is also poor coaching to plan for a worst case scenario. Idris was coming off an injury so obviously Carty brang Peyroux in against the possibility that he could not play the full 80 - consequently we ended up with 15 men after Harrison went down with turf toe.

Don't even get me started on Idris. He is overweight and undisciplined and I fully expect that our 2013 signing Dave Taylor will end up EXACTLY the same way if Cartwright is in charge of our club.

Carty is a bust and we will continue to be a bust so long as Carty is in charge.

matti
23-06-12, 09:49 AM
I thought the boys would have come over 20mtrs to say thank you for watching us play crap in 5 degree temperature but nooooooo, now i have frost bite on my samosa's

Titanic
23-06-12, 10:55 AM
Let's all get real, the coach is not going. He is loved by the wider rugby league community, he is signed to a long-term contract, his team performed admirably in the pre-2011 era in the minds of those who don't follow closely and the major share-holder is his mate = Cartwright stays ... our bleating is next to useless, however, you can fight this battle in another forum where I am regularly abused for being anti-Cartwright by the Penrith clique.

Cartwright fumed: "In the scheme of the game when it happened, I haven't seen penalties given in that instance all year, I really haven't. It is the unwritten law that when the clock winds down they put the whistle in their pocket - and it's a law because it happens every week.

What tripe.

On players getting dropped: that's what debate is all about and you don't have to agree with me or anyone else. From my point of view though, when any player consistently cannot fit the team dynamics then there needs to be something done. I totally agree that the coach should step up (see above paragraph) and if that isn't happening then other measures have to come into play.

In Idris' case his defense is poor ... so bad in fact that he is our lowest rated defending back in the NRL ... what does that say when he defends on the right beside Prince who is our next lowest ranked? Hence my original comment to either move him back to the left side or to the QCup.

Idris is fast becoming a deadset liability, now we've seen him on the right, let's get him back to the left or QCup

Tamwelg
23-06-12, 11:17 AM
Mead showed me enough at fullback last night for me to get on the bandwagon and want to see more of him there. Teke you mention his positioning needing work, I agree, but also thought his position at times was right on the money. We used Mead for 2 second man plays in backline movements going to the left with Sezer feeding him the ball. Those 2 movements is the best I have seen the backline look position wise in a long long time. The first one Mead ran it and should have passed and on the second one he passed and I thought if he pinned his ears back there was a hole big enough between Soward and Stanley for him to score. More time in that position would have him making better decisions in these circumstances. Mead is looking super keen and full of enthusiasm on the field. He looks like he always wants the ball in his hand. I think he is ready to explode and take his game to the next level.

In saying that though, Zillman was just starting to step up as a fullback before missing this game, so I don't see Mead getting another shot unless Zilly is out.

teke
23-06-12, 01:13 PM
In Idris' case his defense is poor ... so bad in fact that he is our lowest rated defending back in the NRL ... what does that say when he defends on the right beside Prince who is our next lowest ranked? Hence my original comment to either move him back to the left side or to the QCup.This was stated by Fitler during the game.

Fitler "I know where I would be sending the traffic, right at Prince/Idris :laugh:

I dont wanna see Idris play anymore but unfortunately the team is stuck with him

DIEHARD
23-06-12, 01:24 PM
That was a hard one to watch slip away. But given our injuries, we played well. We really need Bird and I look forward to the return of our best player Luke Bailey.

Savage to lose by two penalty goals in the last 15 or so.

I'm all for Mead to fullback and have been for ages, but it doesnt make sense to me at all to start Graham and then switch with Mead. Put Zillman into the centres! And decide on a new wingman.

Poor crowd down on the Gong. I know it was cold so much thanks to the Titans fans who travelled to cheer on our team.

There was more than a few shake of the head moments with Idris. Especially that bloody flick pass.

bigjim
23-06-12, 03:07 PM
I haven't commented for a while but I'm a little shocked at the general opinion in the comments.
I thought the team performed very well against a very good team who had home advantage and were also very desperate to get a win and get their season going.
The difference between these two good teams in a hard fought contest was a silly penalty by one of our most experienced players at the worst possible time on the worst possible place on the field.
We had there measure all game just couldn't finish. Better luck next week.

Bayside Titan
23-06-12, 04:41 PM
I haven't commented for a while but I'm a little shocked at the general opinion in the comments.
I thought the team performed very well against a very good team who had home advantage and were also very desperate to get a win and get their season going.
The difference between these two good teams in a hard fought contest was a silly penalty by one of our most experienced players at the worst possible time on the worst possible place on the field.
Agree. To me Myles and Harrison look tired which would be expected given that they have played 2 Origins in between. So I would expect a mistakes from both given they are expected to do alot at Origin level. Both including Bird come back to club and put in really well. Just a shame we don't have diecent depth to allow those boys a rest through this time or a coach with the balls to play other players beside Goat Boy ie Page or Falloon.

teke
23-06-12, 05:17 PM
Never thought I would ever say this but we missed Whites punch last night.

Myles still played his heart out last night, big big mtrs and 40 tackles.

DavidBouveng
23-06-12, 09:07 PM
did anyone else think that while the wide and high replay showed sezer and a few guys offside on the no try at the end, but the close in shot showed it a frame earlier when it was on princes boot and Sezer was in line with him, and really couldnt have been disallowed if they had have watched that view before making a decision. BOD at least.

i could be wrong, and its gone unmentioned so far.

Meady looked pretty good, as well as myles. Give mean a bit more time to get the feel and he would have sliced through a couple of time. definitely seemed busier than ive ever seen Zillman. shame is though, Meads defensive read is very valuable now on his side. His decision making is pretty darn good and would be missed if he was at the back.

DavidBouveng
23-06-12, 09:21 PM
also sucks as we would have basically banked 4 points with the bye next week.

sat on 18 points and waiting to see what manly and tigers do. Darn it all!!

Jamal's Hamstring
23-06-12, 09:43 PM
I look forward to the return of our best player Luke Bailey.

I like Bailey. He's all heart and plays with a passion for the jumper I wish every bloke pulled it on had. However he isn't our best player anymore... I'd argue there are a few blokes ahead of him on that front now.

We missed White last night. I almost think BJ should have slotted straight in as a replacement for him rather than shuffling Myles into that prop role.

So close and yet so far. Hopefully that won't be the tale of the season as a whole.

TitansFan2020
23-06-12, 09:54 PM
At this point in time, Bird is our best player. it isnt a coincidence that we win when he plays and we lose when he doesnt. No player bar myles and and bailey has his heart and no one has his mix of skill and size.

On another note mead was fantastic on the wing and at fullback expecially his defence in the first half. I was loving the inside ball from sezer to him and it reminded me alot of cronk and slaters connection.

Hopefull when we face warriors we move zillman to wing, keep mead at fullback, switch champion and idris and get bird, harrison, bailey, white and jame back to full health. If that does happen i cant see us losing.... but thats a big ask

Supergoose
24-06-12, 01:40 AM
Play Idris on the wing and just tell him to run straight and hard! Mead fullback Champion right centre and Zillman inside Gordon on the left. Idris would handle the bombs and it's be great to see him brin it back at speed from kicks down field. Good luck stopping him once he gets a full head of steam up.

C-Whiz
24-06-12, 08:33 AM
Play Idris on the wing and just tell him to run straight and hard! Mead fullback Champion right centre and Zillman inside Gordon on the left. Idris would handle the bombs and it's be great to see him brin it back at speed from kicks down field. Good luck stopping him once he gets a full head of steam up.I used to think that was a good idea too, play him like Vatuvei in the Warriors, but I can't see Jamal having the fitness to keep running it back, nor the enthusiasm to go looking for dummy half runs to take some load off, getting into good defensive position for kick returns etc.

hink about the work Mead does, and Peyroux when he was out there. Idris would be ragged after 15mins.

And then Carty would be putting an extra winger on the bench. :doh:

karnage
24-06-12, 08:34 AM
Play Idris on the wing and just tell him to run straight and hard! Mead fullback Champion right centre and Zillman inside Gordon on the left. Idris would handle the bombs and it's be great to see him brin it back at speed from kicks down field. Good luck stopping him once he gets a full head of steam up.

We pay a guy a fortune and then hide him on the wing?? I could imagine opposition halfbacks having an absolute field day grubbering in behind Idris if he was an opposing winger - he turns like the Queen Mary.

shamus
24-06-12, 11:33 AM

Agree. To me Myles and Harrison look tired which would be expected given that they have played 2 Origins in between. So I would expect a mistakes from both given they are expected to do alot at Origin level. Both including Bird come back to club and put in really well. Just a shame we don't have diecent depth to allow those boys a rest through this time or a coach with the balls to play other players beside Goat Boy ie Page or Falloon.

You can't be thinking Myles gave away the silly penalty surely :ugh:

If O'Dwyer hadn't had a second leg pull moments earlier the Myles event would not have happened...:p

Mind you, I haven't seen the reply yet so perhaps Chalky's moment happened ages before. The amount of alcohol consumed by me waiting for the 9:30pm start does hinder my thought process..:thumbsup:

.......on another note Hadleee is getting worse. I don't mind the 'staged' theatrics between Warren and Gould, It can actually be amusing at times and they know when to start and stop whilst the footy is on (most of the time) but Hadlee! He tried the same thing with Fittler and it not only didn't work, I was yelling at the telly pleading with them to stop it and just go back to his drab footy calling of..."the centre three quarter has passed to the wing three quarter'. For farks sake Hadlee.......Centre to Winger will do..:fight:

C-Whiz
24-06-12, 12:43 PM
We pay a guy a fortune and then hide him on the wing?? I could imagine opposition halfbacks having an absolute field day grubbering in behind Idris if he was an opposing winger - he turns like the Queen Mary.I'd be just as happy to hide him in Q cup. The money has gone, nothing we can do about that now. If he's not up to the standard required, regardless of what he's paid, he should be dumped until he's up to speed. Having said that, at least he looked like he knew where the try line actually is the other night. It's a start.

TitansFan4655
24-06-12, 09:28 PM
The way mead is playing this season I think his best position is fullback, I'm not saying he is playing crap this season, he's actually one of our best players, it would be his best position because if we can put him in broken play he could be very dangerous.

My top five players to play fullback for the titans.

1. Mead
2. Dowling
3. Zillman
4. Champion
5. Graham

teke
24-06-12, 09:50 PM
Im happy as it is. Mead gets the nod over everyone else when Zilly is out.

Dave cant handle the pace at FB for an entire match, he is an explosive runner and is doing fine injecting himself into the action from wing when he sees fit.

Titanic
25-06-12, 09:30 AM
Im happy as it is. Mead gets the nod over everyone else when Zilly is out.

Dave cant handle the pace at FB for an entire match, he is an explosive runner and is doing fine injecting himself into the action from wing when he sees fit.

Now that's what I'm talking about. If it ain't broke ....

shamus
25-06-12, 09:11 PM
Damn, would have been 2 points out of the 8 if we had won this with a bye coming up and most staff back on deck.

Rage
25-06-12, 10:18 PM
So many niggling injuries, the bye couldn't have come at a better time. I look forward to seeing our full strength side come back on.

Sydney Titans Fanatic
25-06-12, 11:40 PM
this was such a back and forth game...i was lucky enough to be at the game...i think the dragons were lucky to run away with this one

Jamal's Hamstring
26-06-12, 12:12 PM
this was such a back and forth game...i was lucky enough to be at the game...i think the dragons were lucky to run away with this one

Late penalties iced it but I still wish we could have made something of those early repeat sets.