PDA

View Full Version : Titans: Q&A time again

DeeGan
30-01-06, 12:25 PM
Titans: Q&A time again

Post questions to the Titans here and I will forward on to who is available. Titans players might be tricky, but I can try to get answers from the likes of Preston, Bailey and co.

This thread will close Februay 17.

I will forward questions to the guys w/c Februay 20, 2006 which will be after the upcoming Charity Ball that we are working on.

DeeGan

DIEHARD
30-01-06, 12:28 PM
I think we will get some really good questions out of people this round.

I'll have a think and come back.

Penrith Rhino
30-01-06, 12:31 PM
As a Penrith fan, I could ask you to ask Presto: WHY, Presto, WHY you leaving us (Penrith)? :laugh: :laugh: But I'm only kidding. At least with the Titans, you get this type of stuff. At Penrith, its wishful thinking at the moment. :curse:

DeeGan
30-01-06, 01:03 PM
Let's get questions for; Michael Searle, Ian Buchanan, Stephen Burns, Chris Knell; John Cartwright, Scott Sattler and Trevor Gillmeister.

I won't guarantee getting in touch with them all though we can't hurt in asking.

DeeGan

lonegull
30-01-06, 01:34 PM
this one for the coaching staff have the titans got a strength and coditioning coach yet?
this one for johnny cartwright? at what time next year will the squad be coming together for pre season training?

GOATUS
30-01-06, 08:39 PM
These are my questions for Q&A

Michael Searle: Are u Deegan?

Ian Buchanan: Are u Deegan?

Stephen Burns: Are u Deegan?

Chris Knell: Ive met u but im not sure are u Deegan?

John Cartwright: Are u Deegan?

Scott Sattler: Are u Deegan?

Trevor Gillmeister:I saw u at chermside shopping i was the guy waving and yelling TREVOR!!!!!! are u Deegan?

DeeGan
30-01-06, 10:58 PM
Come on members - your chance to interact with the guys at the helm of this club. The opportunities will be few and far between once we are on the field (though I am sure they will answer questions we send through :) ) and you have the chance to ask the question that only an official can answer for you.

DeeGan

Queenslander
30-01-06, 11:09 PM
Michael Searle: What has been the biggest challenge for you so far? And do you believe the Sydney centric NRL will allocate more teams to Queensland?

John Cartwright: Are you looking forward to the first game against the Roosters? Will you give Ricky a call after the Titans beat them and gloat?

Scott Sattler: What has been the biggest challenge for you so far? Out of all the players you have recently played with, who would you prefer to play in Titans colours?

Trevor Gillmeister: Not really titans related but Queensland has been playing below par recently. And in State of Origin game three 2005 the team seem to lose alot of the fire and pride. What would you do to re-boot Queensland to their former glory?

DeeGan
30-01-06, 11:13 PM
Questions for John Cartwright:

1) The Sydney Roosters have signed Braith Anasta to fill the boots of the irreplaceable Brad Fittler and he will have either Brett Finch or Jamie Soward partnering him at the scrum base, who do you think will win this position battle and why?

2) This past weekend we saw the Titans Elite Academy players show why they are held in such high regard by yourself and Scott Sattler, what happens in 2007 for these young guys? What is the game plan? Will we see any Sonny-Bill Williams/Karmichael Hunt type rookie season next year in your opinion or is it a 'wait and see' approach until finalising the squad after June 30?

There was enough evidence to suggest that one or two backs in the squad on the weekend could be potential first graders next season and some of the bigger forwards are definately going to push some veterans we sign as starters in 2007 - does it make the signing period a littler easier knowing our juniors are only going to be better players after the 2006 season at their respective clubs?

More to come!

DeeGan

Moejoe
31-01-06, 06:24 PM
To all the coaching staff:

With the recent debute of the titans at the Orora sevens, and inlight of the success of what the young players accomplished down in Coffs Harbour. Can we expect to see some of the maiden Titans with an NRL contract come 2007?

Again to all the Coaching staff:

If you could pick any player world wide and without limitations of the salary cap, Who would it be and why?

Coaching staff again:
When the squad is finalized and preparing for there debute season, Will you allow open training sessions for the public to attend and watch? Similer to what the AFL teams do week after week?

Parra Petty
31-01-06, 07:44 PM
Let's get questions for; Michael Searle, Ian Buchanan, Stephen Burns, Chris Knell; John Cartwright, Scott Sattler and Trevor Gillmeister.

I won't guarantee getting in touch with them all though we can't hurt in asking.

DeeGan

Hi Everyone,

My question is the same as one of my other posts.

This is just a query to either Ian Buchanan or Chris Knell of the Titans administration - If you guys need any assistance of any capacity in the planning for the Trial game in February, or need an extra pair of hands on the night of the Trials, than I would love to volunteer my time to promote the Titans cause!

I have a BA in Communications, and I am running my own Freelance Writing company from home - I have contacted you via e-mail in the past and with your permission I shall forward my resume to your media team shortly! :blush: :hmm: :blush:

Thanks for your time,

Parra Petty.

Queenslander
31-01-06, 10:37 PM
Michael Searle: What has been the biggest challenge for you so far? And do you believe the Sydney centric NRL will allocate more teams to Queensland? LOL Spoken like a good little Bronco ;-)

Well the teams are in a National competition, i think its only fair that states have a more even distribution of teams. More for other states and less for NSW then it will be a National comp :clap:

DeeGan
31-01-06, 11:24 PM
Hi Everyone,

My question is the same as one of my other posts.

This is just a query to either Ian Buchanan or Chris Knell of the Titans administration - If you guys need any assistance of any capacity in the planning for the Trial game in February, or need an extra pair of hands on the night of the Trials, than I would love to volunteer my time to promote the Titans cause!

I have a BA in Communications, and I am running my own Freelance Writing company from home - I have contacted you via e-mail in the past and with your permission I shall forward my resume to your media team shortly! :blush: :hmm: :blush:

Thanks for your time,

Parra Petty.

As per other thread, the question re: volunteers etc. has been asked. WHEN I get an answer you will be the first to know ;)

DeeGan

mb63
01-02-06, 09:24 PM
A question for Michael Searle.I notice there have been recent appointments re Development Officers which is great news.When does the club propose to have a fully staffed membership dept to start building a solid membership base for season 2007?

DeeGan
02-02-06, 11:24 AM
Surely we have more from 400+ members ;)

DeeGan

Dakink
02-02-06, 11:28 AM
After the succesds of Orara, how does the club plan to keep bringing these youngster up to NRL speed over the season '06? Are their any plans to expose them to NRL style training over '06?

When can the club get their hands on the already established NRL players for '07?

Steve Dangerous
02-02-06, 06:08 PM
Question for Michael Searle and/or John Cartwright

It's often been said that the Titans will be looking at the man first, in regards to signing players who are respectable individuals off the field. I think this is an admirable position as off-field traumas have often been detrimental to the game. In regards to this, I was wondering what sort of stance the Titans will have on alcohol. In the media Ricky Stuart has recieved some backing for his tough stance on alcohol, and on the reverse we've seen a number of alcohol related incidents involving players and groups of players. So my question is what will the Titans policy be in this area and do you feel alcohol is a problem within the rugby league playing community?

DeeGan
15-02-06, 12:21 PM
I will be sending this at the end of the week - get your q's in!

TITANS007
16-02-06, 08:25 AM
John Cartwright: Have you decided on a captain for 2007 yet or are you waiting to see what other players you might be signing before you make your decision?

DIEHARD
16-02-06, 08:44 AM
This thread will close Februay 17.

Come on guys, get your entries in. I'm working on mine.

Titanium_BD1103
16-02-06, 11:30 AM
Ok here are mine..

To the coaching Staff at the Titans?

I was wondering, with the success of the Juniors in the Orara Sevens recently, is there any chance that they may be able to get a run against some of the other junior sides from NRL teams, such as Toowoomba and the North Queensland Young Guns, to give them more experience at a higher level and gain skills?

To Michael Searle

Thanks so much for all the support and work you have done for the Titans. I was just wondering if there will be a Sydney group to promote the Titans in Sydney, or will you promote the club in Sydney from the Gold Coast?

Also, what will be the rules in terms of drinks and things allowed in Carrara and later on Gold Coast Stadium? Will people be allowed to bring in large flags, drums and stuff like that, and will full strength beer be served, or will the club be heading in the direction of a lot of other stadiums and clubs where these things will be banned or reduced?

Thanks.. :)

Dakink
16-02-06, 12:16 PM
Good question - the alcohol should be restriced but I hope fans can take drums & instruments into the ground - they really add atmosphere to the crowds I have been in. Even if they are restriced to certain bays or supporter groups - something I think worth thinking about, though they have to consider the general comfort of all patrons.

Steve Dangerous
16-02-06, 12:40 PM
i'm not much of a fan of drums/airhorns, etc. having sat riiight in front of them before, it's definately not enjoyable.

DIEHARD
16-02-06, 01:18 PM
IMO...

I think all large flags and instruments would be registered with the club and stadium before hand.

Much like how the Broncos and Suncorp operate, the Major Sports Facility Authority operates Suncorp and will operate Robina, so I'd expect a similiar approach.

Big flags aren't a problem, especially if they are in a supporter bay.

With the Roo Crew with have one drum, which we can regulate and make sure isn't over used. A drum is a fantastic tool to have at the game. I'm not a fan of air horns. Isn't that soccer style?

DeeGan
23-02-06, 10:05 AM
Questions sent.