16. Ridge
17. Falloon

?

Jamal's Hamstring
02-06-12, 08:36 PM
Looks like a good option.

Titanic
02-06-12, 09:45 PM
I could run with that Boof but I'd have Peyroux on the wing and Gordon in the centres or Graham at left centre instead of Peyroux who does not/can not/will not pass the ball.

Where's Henderson and what are the odds on a cameo speedbump from Michaels on Pomeroy?

Toads
02-06-12, 09:56 PM
I really hope our boys smear the Sharkies all over Toyota Park, this round. To me, this has gotta be the grudge match of the season for us. Just a lil' disappointing that Gallen the Grub most likely wont be a part of it.. :laugh:

GoldCoastTitans100
02-06-12, 10:23 PM
1. Zillman
2. Gordon
3. Phil Graham
4. Champion
5. Mead
6. Sezer
7. Prince
8. Douglas
9. Srama
10. Luke Bailey
11. Idris
12. Minichiello
13. Ridge

14. Lawrence
15. James
16. O'Dwyer
17. Falloon

teke
03-06-12, 01:06 AM
I dont think Bailey will be back for a long long time

shamus
03-06-12, 06:52 AM
I really hope our boys smear the Sharkies all over Toyota Park, this round. To me, this has gotta be the grudge match of the season for us. Just a lil' disappointing that Gallen the Grub most likely wont be a part of it.. :laugh:

Hey Toads.......I too always though Gallen was a grub but I reckin' he has mellowed in the grub department in the past season or two. Perhaps because he now has the Captaincy so he has to show leadership? No idea why, but similar to Bird, a few years ago I wouldn't have had either in my side now I pray Bird not doesn't get injured and would accept Gallen in the side anytime.

P.S. Off topic but on the Cowboys thread you mention the drunken idiot that you put up with during the game. I think I would take him for half a game rather than the two 'Titans' supporters I have sitting 2 rows behind me every home game. They are a pair of Muppets and I do mean Muppets. They remind me of the characters Statler and Waldorf...the 2 old farts who niggle Kermit and co from the balcony in the theatre...They have absolutely nothing good to say about any Titan......Drives me nuts....:fight:

Titanic
03-06-12, 10:01 AM
It would be a tragedy if Douglas didn't get to start against his old club and give him the chance to show he can play very big minutes. I will say this for Cartwright, by playing Douglas off the bench he should be in good nick for the second half of the season.

TITAN PETE
03-06-12, 10:36 AM
Idris will never be left out nor should he..

Big Dark will be back & will push for a permanent spot in the 17 !

Titanic Believer
03-06-12, 11:52 AM
really looking forward to this one. How the part timers stand up defines the clubs culture. With at least 4 forwards out there are great opportunities for James, Lawrence, Fallon and others to stand up and keep the wins coming.

Toads
03-06-12, 12:08 PM
Hey Toads.......I too always though Gallen was a grub but I reckin' he has mellowed in the grub department in the past season or two. Perhaps because he now has the Captaincy so he has to show leadership? No idea why, but similar to Bird, a few years ago I wouldn't have had either in my side now I pray Bird not doesn't get injured and would accept Gallen in the side anytime.

P.S. Off topic but on the Cowboys thread you mention the drunken idiot that you put up with during the game. I think I would take him for half a game rather than the two 'Titans' supporters I have sitting 2 rows behind me every home game. They are a pair of Muppets and I do mean Muppets. They remind me of the characters Statler and Waldorf...the 2 old farts who niggle Kermit and co from the balcony in the theatre...They have absolutely nothing good to say about any Titan......Drives me nuts....:fight:

Yeah, I s'pose you're right about Gallen, Mate. He has seemed to have tidied his act up a fair bit of late.

Though fortunately, the drunken loudmouth behind me isn't a regular and appears to be a one off. I don't envy your position at all, having to put up with trhe two muppets every home game.. :laugh: I hope they to also mellow 'n give it a rest for ya. :thumbsup:

Bayside Titan
03-06-12, 12:36 PM

Hey Shamus. Just wondering what section do you sit it as we sit in section 4 and there are 2 blokes that sound like the ones that you are talking about that sit behind us?

hatchy84
03-06-12, 02:07 PM
Let's hope we don't go backwards and put Michaels and hendo in

GoldCoastTitans100
03-06-12, 02:08 PM
Let's hope we don't go backwards and put Michaels and hendo in

Would not surprise me.

shamus
03-06-12, 04:22 PM
Hey Shamus. Just wondering what section do you sit it as we sit in section 4 and there are 2 blokes that sound like the ones that you are talking about that sit behind us?

Hey mate...nah, I am over in section 20..geez 4 muppets! :rolf:

travis burch
03-06-12, 06:41 PM
How strong a chance is the return of Ryan James?

Smakked
03-06-12, 07:01 PM
How strong a chance is the return of Ryan James?

Yeah would like to know aswell

Nick
03-06-12, 07:19 PM
Goat man will probs get the nod over ryan unfortunately, although It would be good if James came onto the bench. i didnt see him play but he did score a try today and sounded solid in the review. When his time comes, it will be good to see the big lad back out for the titans!

Bayside Titan
03-06-12, 07:51 PM
Hey mate...nah, I am over in section 20..geez 4 muppets! :rolf:
Thank for that mate. 4 Muppets who would have thought that there is that many.

Jamal's Hamstring
03-06-12, 08:26 PM
Didn't Hendo score this weekend :ugh:

Titanic
03-06-12, 11:07 PM
Didn't Hendo score this weekend :ugh:

Gee, that's a bit personal :p

patskE
03-06-12, 11:47 PM
Idris will never be left out nor should he..

Big Dark will be back & will push for a permanent spot in the 17 !

they put him in the 2nd row in there lineups if u didnt see? i thought that aswell lol. i can see page or james getting a run this week. surely we have some good young back rowers we can call upon? seems like every other side can call someone up from the under 20's, but we cant.... something we have lacked

Titan Dad
04-06-12, 06:59 AM
they put him in the 2nd row in there lineups if u didnt see? i thought that aswell lol. i can see page or james getting a run this week. surely we have some good young back rowers we can call upon? seems like every other side can call someone up from the under 20's, but we cant.... something we have lacked

Page wont get a go, he is being shafted here at the Titans and from all reports he is lucky to get 20 minutes in a game for the Jets. What a waste...

karnage
04-06-12, 09:06 AM
The Jets are flying in the Q Cup so if he is only getting limited time it could be for a reason...

shamus
04-06-12, 09:17 AM
The Jets are flying in the Q Cup so if he is only getting limited time it could be for a reason...

Pun intended? :p

karnage
04-06-12, 07:51 PM
After watching MNF tonight I almost wish that Todd Carney was playing against us on Sunday.:laugh: :laugh:

Talk about putting the cue in the rack - a disgraceful second half that really could undo their entire great start to the season.

Thankyou Parramatta - the Sharks are another one of those teams that hasn't made the finals yet!!! There is a hell of a long way to go in this competition.

Titanic
04-06-12, 08:34 PM
I'm not sure if Parra did us any favours tonight ... those Gummies will be revved at home this week. Only one more sleep until we learn what is our team ... gee, just like Christmas.

thelwall
04-06-12, 08:47 PM
I'm not sure if Parra did us any favours tonight ... those Gummies will be revved at home this week. Only one more sleep until we learn what is our team ... gee, just like Christmas.

i generally look forward to christmas , im kinda scared at what the team might look like :helpme: :helpme: ;)

teke
04-06-12, 11:37 PM
The Sharks team can play without Gallen but take away Carney and they are clueless. Robson is a nice side kick for Todd but he cant run the show. The Sharkies should still have the better forward pack and we should own them in the backs.

patskE
05-06-12, 12:28 AM
i can see that kiwi 2nd rower of the sharks causing alot of damage...

amaline
05-06-12, 07:47 AM
Beau Champion says Titans pack can step up despite loss of four star players
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/beau-champion-says-titans-pack-can-step-up-despite-loss-of-four-star-players/story-e6frep5x-1226383940552

GOLD Coast Titans strike weapon Beau Champion is confident the NRL club's reinforcement brigade can step up to fill the breach left by a decimated forward pack.

The likely loss of Origin stars Nate Myles and Ashley Harrison (Queensland) and Greg Bird (NSW), coupled with a rib injury to Luke Bailey has the club's forward stocks severely stretched ahead of Sunday's showdown with the Sharks at Cronulla.

Their absence has the potential to derail a mid-season Titans revival, which has yielded three wins in a row.

Champion, who starred in last Friday night's 28-12 win over the Cowboys with two tries, admitted the star quartet would be hard to replace.

He said Bailey, expected to miss up to four weeks, would be a huge loss.

"He is one of the best. He has done everything you can do in the game and he is the sort of bloke who just does one thing and it can inspire the whole team," Champion said.

However, the likes of Ben Ridge, Michael Henderson and Ryan James were ready.

Highly-rated James has been out since a horror knee injury a year ago left him requiring a full reconstruction.

"It's going to be tough, but the blokes coming in have played a fair bit of first grade," Champion said.

Jamal's Hamstring
05-06-12, 11:12 AM
Team list?

Tamwelg
05-06-12, 11:37 AM
Team list?

After 2pm

amaline
05-06-12, 12:25 PM
Team list?

you don't wanna know. Douglas in the second row. Henderson and Michaels on the bench.

Boofhead
05-06-12, 12:27 PM
1. William Zillman
2. Kevin Gordon
3. Jamal Idris
4. Beau Champion
5. David Mead
6. Aidan Sezer
7. Scott Prince
8. Brenton Lawrence
9. Matt Srama
10. Matthew White
11. Luke Douglas
12. Mark Minichiello
13. Luke O’Dwyer

14. Ryan James
15. Michael Henderson
16. Ben Ridge
17. Steve Michaels

http://www.titans.com.au/news-displa...in-stars/56540

teke
05-06-12, 12:30 PM
So Michaels replaces Idris who moves in to the forwards. That's not a bad idea.

amaline
05-06-12, 12:33 PM
If Page can't get into the team this week, he never will.

thelwall
05-06-12, 12:49 PM
5 props in our team :) delightful

DavidBouveng
05-06-12, 12:57 PM
Oddly enough I like it.

Titanic
05-06-12, 01:20 PM
I would offer Pomeroy on Michaels without Bird as telegraphing a hole bigger than the Grand Canyon but otherwise predictable. I also question whether Idris is fit enough to play in the forwards. Nice to see James back.

Notice that I haven't mentioned anything derogatory about the goat? Oh yeah, now I have :)

TitansFan2020
05-06-12, 01:22 PM
Didnt want to see henderson or michaels..... for gods sake, no wonder page wants to leave.... what about rankin for 17??? worst lineup for more than a month.

Supergoose
05-06-12, 01:26 PM
I would've like to see Ridge get a start to be honest. Had to have a back of some sort on the bench with all the big boppers, but Douglas has good mobility and James used to as well so using them in the backrow is no biggie. I can't help but feel there would be better players playing in Queensland Cup than Michaels and Henderson but it's no time to throw young players in and we need all the experience we can get. Looking for a huge game from both Lawrence and Ridge to show that they belong in first grade permanently. Can't wait to see the big Dark back and firing on all cyliinders. We can't underestimate the Sharks with Bukuya and Smith in the backrow and their starting props are going great guns. We'll need to be good in the centres too because Best and Pomeroy have been making Carney look good, so whoever comes in will have some nice weapons on either side. The Sharks have gone off the boil, let's hope we can get some excellent desire out of the players who are coming in to replace our heart and soul.

Titanic
05-06-12, 01:39 PM
I rate Robson and Graham too but not as much as ours. Titans x 6

teke
05-06-12, 01:47 PM
I would offer Pomeroy on Michaels without Bird as telegraphing a hole bigger than the Grand Canyon but otherwise predictable. I also question whether Idris is fit enough to play in the forwards. Nice to see James back.

I question Idris fitness period.

Shove him in the forwards and tell him to work.

karnage
05-06-12, 01:52 PM
I agree with those who have questioned Jamal's ability to play in the forwards. I don't see any way in the world that the big lump could haul his ass back and forward in the centre third of the field.

I'd rather see another backrower on the bench than give Michaels another run - as others have said the big physical Sharks could dead set own him.

And I'd rather we named 16 than have Henderson in the team. He offers nothing in attack or defence...

At the end of the day we will need to win this game with our 1-6-7-9. Ours is completely in tact whereas they have their attacking lynch-pin out. Time for Prince to stand up by directing our part timers around and deliver us an invaluable 2 points

Sharks have opened favourite for this one with the Titans getting 2.5 points on the opening line. Even if we lose I think it will be tight - I can't see the Sharks putting up a big score on us.

karnage
05-06-12, 01:52 PM
I agree with those who have questioned Jamal's ability to play in the forwards. I don't see any way in the world that the big lump could haul his ass back and forward in the centre third of the field.

I'd rather see another backrower on the bench than give Michaels another run - as others have said the big physical Sharks could dead set own him.

And I'd rather we named 16 than have Henderson in the team. He offers nothing in attack or defence...

At the end of the day we will need to win this game with our 1-6-7-9. Ours is completely in tact whereas they have their attacking lynch-pin out. Time for Prince to stand up by directing our part timers around and deliver us an invaluable 2 points

Sharks have opened favourite for this one with the Titans getting 2.5 points on the opening line. Even if we lose I think it will be tight - I can't see the Sharks putting up a big score on us.

DavidBouveng
05-06-12, 02:12 PM
5 props in our team :) delightful

And only one centre.

Boofhead
05-06-12, 02:23 PM
Oddly enough I like it.

Me too. Could of been a hell of a lot worse...

gotitans101
05-06-12, 02:24 PM
Michaels and Henderson. Really?

I'd have Graham instead of Michaels, dunno who I'd have instead of Henderson.

DavidBouveng
05-06-12, 03:27 PM
Hendo michaels and odwyer in the same team after winning three in a row. Guess Carty either doesn't want to spoil us, or is worried about peaking too early and thinks we should lose a few more before we make our run...

Bayside Titan
05-06-12, 04:01 PM
Michaels and Henderson. Really?

I'd have Graham instead of Michaels, dunno who I'd have instead of Henderson.
The Goat insisted on Henderson. Hahaha

Smakked
05-06-12, 04:13 PM
Well Michaels will let in 3 trys at least FFS, surely we have better out there then him

patskE
05-06-12, 04:51 PM
wats with Michaels on the bench? thinking about moving idris to the back row during the game? ffs. so bad...
n Douglas in the 2nd row? just start him up front... seriously we need some young guys to come through...

Jamal's Hamstring
05-06-12, 05:22 PM
Great to see BJ get an opportunity as a starter :thumbsup: Will be interesting to see how he goes- last time he played early he scored a try against the Knights.

Good to see James back too.

DavidBouveng
05-06-12, 05:42 PM
I think carty is leaving some wiggle room for a late line up change.

Bj, James and Douglas on the field is some tall timber.

Srama will look even smaller.

Boofhead
05-06-12, 05:53 PM
Sharks side looks like a NSW Cup team:

SHARKS: Matthew Wright, Isaac Gordon, Ben Pomeroy, Colin Best, Nathan Stapleton, Chad Townsend, Jeff Robson, Bryce Gibbs, Isaac De Gois, Ben Ross, Jeremy Smith, Jayson Bukuya, Wade Graham. Interchange (from): Andrew Fifita, Jon Green, John Morris, Mark Taufua, Sam Tagataese

http://www.nrl.com/News/OfficialTeamLists/tabid/10998/Default.aspx

DavidBouveng
05-06-12, 06:09 PM

yeah it really does, which immediately scares me as we havent always done well against sides we are expected to beat.

oh well, roll on 4 in a row

Chaos
05-06-12, 06:18 PM

I don't know about that...they still have a strong pack
Did you see Jeremy Smith smash the Storm?

Any pack strong enough to keep Fifita on the bench will be hard to role.

patskE
05-06-12, 06:18 PM
4 in a row without micheals in the side...

Princey's Titanz
05-06-12, 06:24 PM
Its not a bad team that Carty picked. It couldve been much worse. But i dont know why Carty didnt pick Phil Graham over Steve Michaels. We have to try Graham in the centres and see how he does. We know Michaels is simply not good enough for NRL.

Team that shouldve been playing this week
1. William Zillman
2. Kevin Gordon
3. Jamal Idris
4. Beau Champion
5. David Mead
6. Aidan Sezer
7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Douglas
9. Matt Srama
10. Matt White
11. Luke O'Dwyer
12. Mark Minichiello
13. Ben Ridge

14. Ryan James
15. Luke Page
16. Brenton Lawrence
17. Phil Graham

Much better team IMO. Remember when Ridgey played lock last year during Origin period against the Dragons? He had a good game.

DIEHARD
05-06-12, 07:48 PM
Glad we aren't facing Carney and Gallen. But we can't take the Sharks lightly!

hatchy84
05-06-12, 08:50 PM
If any of you boys on Goldy see hendo or Michaels can you hurt em so they out this week.can't f&#%ing believe they are back big reason we been winning they havnt been there they will make more errors than our whole team made last week carty is a doosh bag

Supergoose
05-06-12, 11:04 PM
Just wondering where Falloon is at? He would've been nice to have on the bench to play a bit of backrow and as back-up for the halves or hooker if needed. Surely a better option than Michaels or Henderson. Only problem would've been a back-up for the outside backs and O'Dwyer could shuffle out to the centres if needed in a pinch.

Smakked
05-06-12, 11:35 PM
I dont think we will win , have a bad feeling about this one.

Titanic
06-06-12, 08:28 AM
I'm with 'Goose on this one. Falloon instead of Michaels with O'Dwyer as our backs cover. Michaels is just not an A Grader.

Titan Dad
06-06-12, 09:01 AM
If Page can't get into the team this week, he never will.

Hendo has had his time, I thought it would have been a perfect opportunity to give young Page a go. However as other clubs are chasing him Carty wants nothing to do with him. This kid will F**K us up when we come against him in the next 12-18 months...

karnage
06-06-12, 09:02 AM
Just wondering where Falloon is at? He would've been nice to have on the bench to play a bit of backrow and as back-up for the halves or hooker if needed. Surely a better option than Michaels or Henderson. Only problem would've been a back-up for the outside backs and O'Dwyer could shuffle out to the centres if needed in a pinch.

Falloon played for a Burleigh side on the weekend that got dead set towelled by Brisbane Norths. Both he and Jordan Rankin were far from impressive and if Carty left them in Q Cup on the strengths of their display there I would applaud him for it. And I don't applaud Carty for ANYTHING!!!:laugh:

I can't stand seeing guys recalled to first grade who don't demand to re selection. Phil Graham was a perfect example earlier in the year and we all saw where that got us!!

Ridge demanded selection by strong showings for Tweed.

There are a lot of people calling for Page to be put in but I actually wonder how much you actually know about the way he plays. There mught be half a dozen teams after him with a cheque book but I am yet to see anything that says he should be getting a run in top grade - even in a week where our entire backrow and our starting prop are out.

I can't comment on the form of Henderson or Michaels because I have taken next to no notice of them.

teke
06-06-12, 11:46 AM
Michaels has been playing like Michaels, hard strong and fast with the odd mistake. Kevs offence couldnt crack an egg but he doesnt have errors in his game like Steve does. Hendo has been playing alright.

chicbarn
06-06-12, 11:53 AM
Page is a 21-year-old prop that has been average in the Queensland Cup. I don't see how people can demand he be selected in the NRL when he can't even dominate second grade. Josh McGuire killed it in the QCup a couple of years ago and couldn't get a run with the Broncos. You need sustained performances to push for NRL selection. It's a big step up from the cream puff under-20s to NRL.

Titan Dad
06-06-12, 01:28 PM
Page is a 21-year-old prop that has been average in the Queensland Cup. I don't see how people can demand he be selected in the NRL when he can't even dominate second grade. Josh McGuire killed it in the QCup a couple of years ago and couldn't get a run with the Broncos. You need sustained performances to push for NRL selection. It's a big step up from the cream puff under-20s to NRL.

Maguire was given a go in Q,Cup and built on his performances. Page simply has not been given a go due to the relationship between Carty and the Walkers. How do you get to Dominate when you aren't given a go...

Jamal's Hamstring
06-06-12, 06:15 PM
So many players just never get that chance to see how they travel in the top flight. Unfortunately there are only so many positions to fill.

I would imagine that Page will get his opportunity next year but really don't think it will happen with the Titans.

Good move? Bad move? Who knows.

Jamal's Hamstring
06-06-12, 06:23 PM
I think we are all extremely critical of the players and lets be honest, that's easy to do from the comfort of our arm chairs. Someone once told me that there is no such thing as a bad player in the NRL and I guess that's fairly true. Don't get me wrong- we all get frustrated and we all jibber online but you've got to respect what they do out there and the work going into them even making the grade... even Hendo and Carty I suppose.

Having said that- and you can probably tell the damage control is coming- the guys taking the field this week need to be given the opportunity to get out there and give it their all. Given the amount of players coming in there will be mistakes, dropped balls, missed tackles. This will be even worse when we consider the guys out there leading them around the park. Does it mean they aren't worth persisting with? Not really. Is it an indication of how the rest of the season will play out? No.

I'm hoping guys like BJ, James and White can really put in a big game and find themselves regular selections but I'm not holding much hope of a win and almost see it a little like a trial game.

I'll take the Titans +10.5 start but I think the Sharks will cover Carney and Gallen better than we will travel without Bailey, Bird, Myles and Harrison. Even though a mate who supports the Sharks reckons when Gallen went off last week the other mob put up a quick twenty points on them.

In other news... I'll be at the game ;)

Jamal's Hamstring
06-06-12, 06:25 PM
Tomorrow I'll be back in the cynic camp with Titanic though.

Titanic
06-06-12, 07:57 PM
Tomorrow I'll be back in the cynic camp with Titanic though.

You are right in a lot of that from the perspective of an NRL player when compared to joe average. I can't remember anyone criticising these guys for anything more than either underachieving (in most cases) or not being up to NRL level (in a few cases) but never for being your common everyday, garden variety park player or coach.

Cartwright was a very good rugby league player and would have an excellent knowledge of the game but his performances as our coach over the last two years have been ordinary to say the least. Not just in what the team has put out but also in selection and player retention.

This weekend I have expectations of the team having a decent crack at it. A win is not impossible and if Michaels grabs a brace and Henderson makes a fair fist of it then great, however, history suggests that it will be other members of the team who would be more likely to be match winners. Time will tell.

As far as being a cynic is concerned ... too bloody right :laugh:

Julius Sezer
06-06-12, 08:02 PM
Carty is a very good props coach. Teaches the trade of how to be a good forward really well. Titans make good metres. We are up there as probably the 6th best defensive team in the comp. What Carty cant do is teach the art of scoring tries. Thats why we are the worst attacking team in the comp.

Carney is going to be a big loss for the Sharks. I cant see anyone from the Sharks putting their hand up and leading the team to victory. Titans have good forward depth so the loss of Myles, Harro and Bird isnt overly huge as it seems.

TITAN PETE
06-06-12, 08:03 PM

I watched Page come through the ranks of the 20's & he was the best of probably the worst under 20's forward pack in the comp last season & after watching him in a few games this year in theQ Cup he looks to be a year or 2 from making the step up to1st grade..

Just take a look at a previous under 20's prop who left the Titans for greener pastures in Vave , he couldn't make the Sharks top squad & is only now 3 years down the track looking a 1st grader for the Storm, forwards definatley mature at a later age :thumbsup:

Page to play 1st grade in 2014.

Julius Sezer
06-06-12, 08:24 PM
So we are the 2nd best defensive team behind the Storms? Thats good.

Watch Out Sharks: Cronulla need to avoid frustration and keep composed against a Titans defence that has stunned their opponents recently. In fact, the Gold Coast rank behind only the Storm for defensive efforts over the past month, surrendering just 13.3 points a game.

Prince?

The Sharks need to be sure about passing long and wide from the ruck – Scott Prince leads the league for intercepts and will be sniffing around for an easy kill all night.

http://www.nrl.com/sharks-v-titans-preview/tabid/10874/newsid/67877/default.aspx

Jamal's Hamstring
06-06-12, 08:52 PM
Titans have good forward depth so the loss of Myles, Harro and Bird isnt overly huge as it seems.

Don't forget Bailey as well... I can't see two many teams that wouldn't be dulled by losing four like that.

White and BJ are our starting props aren't they? These are both blokes scraping for the regular bench spot. Great to see them get the opportunity but I'm not expecting the same kind of meters we have been making of late.

I am really hoping they surprise the **** out of me though!

Princey's Titanz
06-06-12, 09:22 PM
Don't forget Bailey as well... I can't see two many teams that wouldn't be dulled by losing four like that.

White and BJ are our starting props aren't they? These are both blokes scraping for the regular bench spot. Great to see them get the opportunity but I'm not expecting the same kind of meters we have been making of late.

I am really hoping they surprise the **** out of me though!

I have a feeling BJ and White will get the job done. I have uttermost faith in them.

Titanic
06-06-12, 09:49 PM
I have a feeling BJ and White will get the job done. I have uttermost faith in them.

Yep ... I am more worried about the resilience of the back row and the fitness of the bench.

DavidBouveng
06-06-12, 10:05 PM
imagine next year when we lose Bird, Harro, Myles, AND David Taylor for origin.

DIEHARD
07-06-12, 01:15 AM
Wow I'm feeling the pride coming back! We are such a dark horse team in 2012!

Smakked
07-06-12, 07:04 AM

Yeah same here but i am concerned with off field stuff, i can see us going well then come finals we run out of money and are goooonnneeee

TITAN PETE
07-06-12, 09:39 AM
Sharks v Titans preview

Nigel Wall NRL.com Wed, Jun 06, 2012 - 2:50 PM

Cronulla Sutherland Sharks v Gold Coast Titans
Toyota Stadium
Sunday 2pm

Long-suffering fans in the Shire will have their fingers crossed that their team?s recent bumpy ride is the result of just a shallow pothole on their road to a spot high up in the top eight.

Following consecutive losses to the Bulldogs and Eels, the Sharks find themselves sitting in sixth place at the midpoint of the season. A month ago they held sole possession of second place on the NRL ladder; they are now in a logjam of five sides on 16 competition points.

Cronulla?s nerve is certain to be tested again this week, up against the resurgent Titans who have won three on the trot to catapult back into semi-finals reckoning. John Cartwright?s men, wooden spoon candidates when the Sharks were at their peak a month ago, now sit in 10th place but just one win outside the top eight. They have shown grit and substance in their wins over the Bulldogs, Knights and Cowboys, with blockbusting centre Jamal Idris starting to up his involvement and rookie five-eighth Aidan Sezer impressing and growing in confidence every week.

Meanwhile the Sharks were ambushed by a committed Eels outfit last Monday night. With the knives out for their coach Stephen Kearney and also some of their under-achieving players, the Eels defied Cronulla?s early ascendancy to storm home convincing winners.

However, Sharks coach Shane Flanagan will be disappointed with the lack of intensity they showed in the second half and will have impressed upon his roster the fine line between playing in the semi-finals and watching from the stands.

The shame this week is that both outfits will be weakened by key Origin absentees: Paul Gallen and Todd Carney for the Sharks; and Nate Myles, Greg Bird and Ashley Harrison for the Titans.

Cronulla struggled without their star duo when they lost to the Bulldogs the weekend before Origin I, while the Titans had the luxury of the bye. This match-up will be their toughest test yet as they set about registering a fourth win in a row ? especially given they will also be without prop Luke Bailey who injured his ribs in last week?s win over the Cowboys.

With Carney missing Chad Townsend makes his 2012 debut in the Sharks? No.6, with Wade Graham covering for Paul Gallen at lock. Sam Tagataese and Jon Green have been added to their extended interchange.

Meanwhile John Cartwright has named Brenton Lawrence and Matt White to start at prop (for Bailey and Myles) with Luke Douglas to start in the second row (for Greg Bird). Luke O?Dwyer is Ashley Harrison?s substitute at lock.

In a huge boost, boom forward Ryan James has been named to make his 2012 debut after a long layoff with injury, with Michael Henderson and Steve Michaels the other new faces on their interchange bench.

It?s a huge game for Sharks centre Colin Best who suits up for his 250th NRL game (and 114th in Sharks colours).

Watch Out Sharks: Cronulla need to avoid frustration and keep composed against a Titans defence that has stunned their opponents recently. In fact, the Gold Coast rank behind only the Storm for defensive efforts over the past month, surrendering just 13.3 points a game.

The Sharks need to be sure about passing long and wide from the ruck ? Scott Prince leads the league for intercepts and will be sniffing around for an easy kill all night.

Luke Douglas returns to the Shire to face the Sharks for the first time. The former Toyota Stadium fan favourite has scored seven tries at the venue and secured 31 wins. He?ll be pumped for some landmark figures this Sunday: Douglas requires just one more run and tackle to record a personal milestone of 2000 career runs and 5000 tackles.

Danger Sign: The Sharks showed an alarming drop in intensity in the second half of their clash with the Eels and if they repeat that performance here they?ll get burned. Cronulla missed just five tackles in the opening 40 minutes against Parra ? but missed a staggering 25 in the second 40. Shane Flanagan will be demanding better.

Watch Out Titans: The Sharks will present a huge threat offloading on both edges. They rank second overall in 2012, with 13.3 a game. Their centres Ben Pomeroy and Colin Best have combined for 37 offloads so far ? the most by any centre pairing. The Titans concede the fifth-most offloads (11.5). Also, Pomeroy and Best lead the NRL for line-breaks among centres, with a combined 11.

Hooker Isaac De Gois will need to be watched when he runs a lateral line out of dummy-half from close range ? his deception put Colin Best over last Monday night.

The Titans need to be mindful of trailing supports ? the Sharks have tallied 548 support plays so far, second only to North Queensland.

Danger Sign: If the Sharks target the right side of the field you?ll know they sense weakness given the Titans have leaked 20 tries on that edge compared to just 10 via their right-side defence. Also, the Titans have conceded 12 tries around their goal-posts, the second most to date.

Aidan Sezer v Chad Townsend: It?s the battle of the rookie (Sezer) versus the near-rookie, (Townsend) with these playmakers tallying just 17 NRL games between them (Townsend 11, Sezer six). It?s no coincidence the Titans? winning streak coincides with the emergence of Sezer as a force at five-eighth. In their wins over the Bulldogs and the Knights he ran a total of 20 times but was more reserved last week up against Johnathan Thurston, running just once and leaving the majority of the decision-making to Scott Prince. But no question he?ll test out his inexperienced opposite with more runs this week. Meanwhile big things are expected from Townsend; he played exclusively at halfback in 2011 so much will depend on his ability to slot in at pivot, obviously a key role for the Sharks given Carney?s input.

Where It Will Be Won: Discipline with the football. This clash brings together the two worst sides at committing errors, with the Titans bottom of the barrel with 12.3 mistakes each week, closely followed by the Sharks with 11.8. While the Titans got away with surrendering the Cowboys a mountain of possession early on last week, they won?t want to push their luck a second week running. Whichever side shows more composure and completes their sets will win.

The History: Played 8; Sharks 4, Titans 4. Cronulla boast a 3-1 advantage in games played in the Shire ? although the Titans won the last meeting there (see below). Also, the Sharks secured their biggest win over the Gold Coast in 2011, winning 36-12 at Skilled Park (Round 16).

The Last Time They Met: The Titans beat the Sharks 20-16 at Toyota Stadium in Round 22 last year in a clash that featured arguably the best pick-up to score in the history of the game.

Titans winger David Mead opened the scoring in the third minute when he latched onto a Jordan Rankin cut-out pass to dive over in the right corner, with Scott Prince converting from the sideline for a 4-nil lead.

Cronulla drew level when hooker John Morris darted out of dummy-half 10 metres out from the Titans goal line and dummied his way over. The Titans edged ahead when Scott Prince piloted over a penalty goal before the star halfback combined with Mead for a truly highlights reel moment: in the 35th minute from a play-the-ball on the left edge the Titans spread the ball right, with Prince chipping for the right corner post for his flying winger. The kick looked like it had too much weight on it and was heading over the sideline before Mead snatched it one-handed on the half-volley just a metre out, then grounded for a miraculous try and a 12-4 lead at the break.

The Sharks pulled to within two points with a Nathan Stapleton penalty goal soon after the resumption before William Zillman took advantage of a quick play-the-ball to charge over from first receiver for the Titans to extend their lead to 18-6.

Ben Pomeroy bridged the deficit to 18-12 in the 53rd minute before another Scott Prince penalty goal gave the visitors breathing space with 18 minutes remaining.

A try to Sharks winger Ricky Leutele with three minutes remaining gave Sharks fans hope but the Titans held firm.

It was a stellar effort by the Titans ? they were savaged in the penalty count (10-3) and had to make a massive 98 more tackles than the home side. Cronulla tried to run their opponents off their feet, making a whopping 21 offloads and seven line-breaks.

The Titans were well-served by David Mead and back-rower Mark Minichiello (12 runs for 125 metres plus a game-high seven tackle busts) while fullback Isaac Gordon ran 235 metres for the Sharks.

Match Officials: Referees ? Jason Robinson & Gavin Badger; Sideline Officials ? Dan Eastwood & Nick Beashel; Video Referee ? Sean Hampstead.

The Way We See It: The Titans have the momentum but the Sharks are better than their past fortnight. It all boils down to which side can cover for the loss of their Origin stars better. We?ll tip the Titans to continue their streak, by four points. :fist:

Televised: Fox Sports 2 ? Live 2pm.

Titanic
07-06-12, 10:24 AM
imagine next year when we lose Bird, Harro, Myles, AND David Taylor for origin.

Harrison won't be in the Origin mix next year, imho.

It's never been a colour thing ;)

Yeah same here but i am concerned with off field stuff, i can see us going well then come finals we run out of money and are goooonnneeee

Got to get there first but the NRL won't let us roll over mid-season.

DIEHARD
07-06-12, 11:26 AM
? The Titans are looking for their 4th straight win
? 4 of the 5 Gold Coast wins this year have been away from home.
? The Sharks have hit the wall a little having won just 1 of their last 4 games.
? Colin Best celebrates game 250.
? The have claimed just 1 win form 4 attempts at Toyota Stadium.
? Last Meeting – Gold Coast 20-16 @ Toyota Stadium 2011

chicbarn
07-06-12, 11:40 AM
Maguire was given a go in Q,Cup and built on his performances. Page simply has not been given a go due to the relationship between Carty and the Walkers. How do you get to Dominate when you aren't given a go...

What do you mean he hasn't been given a go? He's played every game for Ipswich this year. If he's not good enough to earn a starting spot then why would the coach start him? If you watched the tv game on the weekend you'll understand why he's on the bench. You earn chances, they aren't gifted.

titanfan1980
08-06-12, 04:40 PM
What do you mean he hasn't been given a go? He's played every game for Ipswich this year. If he's not good enough to earn a starting spot then why would the coach start him? If you watched the tv game on the weekend you'll understand why he's on the bench. You earn chances, they aren't gifted.

Agreed.. Page is a very basic front rower, he's to young for first grade and just isn't really making enough of an impact.. I can't ever see him getting a run here and not because he is hated by carty... Because we just have better props then him..

My opinion of our props pecking order:
Bailey, Douglas, James, Lawrence, White, Page,

Daylight

Henderson

Titanic
08-06-12, 09:06 PM
Ah ha, I'd forgotten about Daylight.

amaline
08-06-12, 09:19 PM
Ah ha, I'd forgotten about Daylight.

It is a 2pm game this weekend, thats when he is at his strongest. Hoping for a good showing from Daylight, really work the opposition forwards over and show Henderson how it's done.

Titanic
09-06-12, 08:41 AM
luv ya work :-)

DIEHARD
10-06-12, 04:05 AM
Why an old Shark is in Shire straits

LUKE Douglas was sitting in his Burleigh Heads loungeroom thinking he had made the biggest mistake of his career.

After six years in the Sutherland Shire, Douglas had just watched the Sharks notch another victory to move into the top four, while his new team - the Gold Coast Titans - were languishing at the bottom of the ladder.

Most of his possessions were still in boxes back in Cronulla, and for a fleeting moment, he wished he was there, too.

"We had recruited really well (at the Titans) and at the start of the season we were looking really good," Douglas said. "And then the competition started and we weren't getting the wins on the board.

"On the other hand, the Sharks were pretty much leading the comp and I really did find that a bit hard to take."

Douglas returns to Toyota Stadium today for the first time since his departure north.

He admits he still retains a soft spot for the Sharks.

"I have watched all their games this year and I would have to say I still support the Sharks," Douglas said.

"I watch them every week and cheer them on and it was very hard watching them on their roll and knowing I was not part of it."

While most players claim that coming up against their former club means nothing, Douglas played 146 consecutive matches in the black, white and blue and he never wanted to leave.

So it's understandable that the 110kg prop is feeling slightly uncomfortable about his return "home".

"I am nervous," Douglas said. "I don't know how the fans are going to react and it will be strange. I am also looking forward to it, catching up with the boys and the fans.

"My brother (Kane) still has a unit just down the road from Shark Park and I always grew up supporting them, so it will be weird going there to play against them.

"I still miss a lot of things about the Sharks

"The coach, the boys, the staff and the fans. I was living with a friend for about four months when I moved to the Gold Coast and all my stuff was still back at Cronulla and it was tough for a while."

Douglas may have had his doubts, but he is finally happy with his move and has vowed to step up in the absence of the Titans missing Origin stars Greg Bird, Ashley Harrison and Nate Myles, and the injured Luke Bailey.

"The three guys we are missing are massive losses and me and the other guys are going to have to step up to fill the void," Douglas said.

"This week is my turn to help out a bit more."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl

DIEHARD
10-06-12, 04:07 AM
Fire up! It's game day! Im really looking forward to a lazy Sunday arvo game on the TV.

DIEHARD
10-06-12, 04:15 AM
Cronulla Sharks v Gold Coast Titans
Toyota Stadium, Sunday 2.00pm (AEST)
Last meeting: Round 22 2011 - Titans 20 bt Sharks 16 at Toyota Stadium
Head-to-head: Sharks 4 Titans 4
Referees: Jason Robinson, Gavin Badger
TV: Live, FoxSports 2
TAB Sportsbet: Sharks $1.70 Titans $2.20
FootyTab: Titans +1.5

Greg Prichard writes: The Titans have experienced a resurgence at the same time as the Sharks have hit a hurdle. Three straight wins have taken the Titans to just two points outside of the top eight, while two straight losses have seen the Sharks slip out of the top four. One of those losses for the Sharks came without their State of Origin stars, Paul Gallen and Todd Carney, and now they must do without them again. The Sharks are slight favourites at home.

AAP writes: Things have gone slightly pear-shaped for the Sharks since their gutsy win over Melbourne in round 10. Blowing a 20-6 halftime lead to lose 29-20 to struggling Parramatta on Monday is not the best preparation for the visit of a rejuvenated Titans who've won three on the bounce. Both sides are without Origin stars with Greg Bird, Ash Harrison and Nate Myles missing for the Titans. However, the Sharks could feel the absence of skipper Paul Gallen and Todd Carney more.

Key: Unheralded halfback Jeff Robson has been happy to take the back seat and let Carney grab the headlines this season. However, the former Eels playmaker will need to step up and lead from the front if the Sharks are to avoid a third straight loss.

SHARKS: Matthew Wright, Isaac Gordon, Ben Pomeroy, Colin Best, Nathan Stapleton, Chad Townsend, Jeff Robson, Bryce Gibbs, Isaac De Gois, Ben Ross, Jeremy Smith, Jayson Bukuya, Wade Graham. Interchange: Andrew Fifita, Jon Green, John Morris, Mark Taufua, Sam Tagataese (one to be omitted).

TITANS: William Zillman, Kevin Gordon, Jamal Idris, Beau Champion, David Mead, Aidan Sezer, Scott Prince, Brenton Lawrence, Matt Srama, Matthew White, Luke Douglas, Mark Minichiello, Luke O'Dwyer. Interchange: Ryan James, Michael Henderson, Ben Ridge, Steve Michaels.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/

Jamal's Hamstring
10-06-12, 08:37 AM
A bit wet here this morning and doesn't look like passing tbh.

Could be a scrappy one.

Julius Sezer
10-06-12, 08:59 AM
A bit wet here this morning and doesn't look like passing tbh.

Could be a scrappy one.

Dammit.

Jamal's Hamstring
10-06-12, 09:22 AM
The inside word is its still ****ing raining.

Supergoose
10-06-12, 11:03 AM
Looking at the toyota cup. It's like a swimming pool. Significant water splashed with every step. Not sure who it advantages.

Supergoose
10-06-12, 11:15 AM
Seriously, boys are going to need snorkels in this game.

Titan Fanatic
10-06-12, 11:20 AM
Hopefully prince,Sezer and Zillman run the ball lots. This is the type of game Zillman should dominate in with his running.

Titanic
10-06-12, 11:22 AM
That works for us as we are more creative.

Jamal's Hamstring
10-06-12, 12:09 PM
Rain seems to be clearing. Twenties handing out paddlins.

thelwall
10-06-12, 12:20 PM
prince out - zillman captain

patskE
10-06-12, 12:23 PM
who is jamie dowling... bit of a risk tbh in this weather
zillman would of been the safer option with bringing in rankin?
dumb move changing zillman up

TITAN PETE
10-06-12, 12:36 PM
who is jamie dowling... bit of a risk tbh in this weather
zillman would of been the safer option with bringing in rankin?
dumb move changing zillman up

Jamie is a Burligh Bears junior, played with our 20's in our 1st couple of years, plays fullback & 5/8 for Burliegh now a very good young player who deserves a crack :thumbsup:

He comes from good breeding his grand father is Johnny Dowling who played for the Dragons in the late 70's & 80's he also played State of Origin in 82..

patskE
10-06-12, 12:44 PM
true. i just thought our back 3 started to gel a bit :S

Supergoose
10-06-12, 12:47 PM
Prince out.

Boofhead
10-06-12, 12:47 PM
Wouldn't shock me if we see Zilly at fullback at some stage, if not from the start.

TITAN PETE
10-06-12, 12:50 PM
Wouldn't shock me if we see Zilly at fullback at some stage, if not from the start.

:thumbsup: JD plays better in the halves

patskE
10-06-12, 12:50 PM
didnt rankin travel? thats my only guess tbh
and why in gods name is micheals in the side... backwards step much?

edit***
he was named to play for the bears this weekend i just seen.

DavidBouveng
10-06-12, 01:02 PM
Forward pack and sezer kicking game will decide this match.

Go boys go!!!

Supergoose
10-06-12, 01:11 PM
Uh-oh, that looked ominously like our attack from more than 4 rounds ago.

gotitans101
10-06-12, 01:12 PM
dumbass O'dwyer.

DavidBouveng
10-06-12, 01:12 PM
Odwyer!! That was so stupid.He needs to be a leader today not giving away 5th tackle penalties.

Steelers
10-06-12, 01:22 PM
I hope you boys win and win well, but when I heard Prince was out I had to change my tip to the Sharks.

gotitans101
10-06-12, 01:23 PM
We look like ****ing garbage.

Smakked
10-06-12, 01:24 PM
NOT GOING TO BE A GOOD GAME

Supergoose
10-06-12, 01:24 PM
Pomeroy trips Idris as he tries to get to marker and the Sharks get the penalty. Dodgy decision but we need to hold the ball, already too much dropped ball.

TITAN PETE
10-06-12, 01:26 PM
Bullsh#t penalty on Jamal , defending well before that try..
62% of the ball with the Sharks

Nick
10-06-12, 01:26 PM
IMO we have looked alright? We have not had the ball, Dowling has handled everything at the back thus far.. Zilly has been $hit

..and then we kick it out on the full :)

DavidBouveng
10-06-12, 01:27 PM
BJ is doing alot of grunt work and dowling looks super safe.

We still look rubbish

Supergoose
10-06-12, 01:27 PM
Kicking game has to be better.

Supergoose
10-06-12, 01:30 PM
Sharks caught ball in field of play and get a free march out to the 20. Rubbish call.

gotitans101
10-06-12, 01:31 PM
yawn......another error, another forward pass.

Supergoose
10-06-12, 01:32 PM
Let's hope the refs don't miss a forward pass for the rest of the game if they're going to call that one from Srama.

Smakked
10-06-12, 01:32 PM
we have no direction or organizing at all out there

DavidBouveng
10-06-12, 01:39 PM
sezer is obviously suffering from the same lack of support that prince has had for years.

Together they complement so well.

Everyone tackling well, but ridge has impressed with his tidy up work.

Supergoose
10-06-12, 01:42 PM
Why is that a penalty. Knock-on maybe, but penalty?

Supergoose
10-06-12, 01:43 PM
Impressed by Dowling. He must be ahead of some others in the pecking order now.

Boonarga
10-06-12, 01:45 PM
Hampstead screws up again and costs us 12 points.

gotitans101
10-06-12, 01:46 PM
we're getting beaten by the refs here.

patskE
2 many big guys on the field........... way to many, we just look heavy n tired due to it.

also how was that a penalty... the ref didnt call held so idris went on with the tackle... u cant penalize him cause the ref didn't call held... and not once did idris put a hand on him...

thelwall
refs hate us

Boonarga
10-06-12, 01:49 PM
Can anyone explain why that was a penalty?

DavidBouveng
10-06-12, 01:49 PM
Sharks forwards are such grubs. All head slams, choke holds and forearms to the face and throat.

Supergoose
10-06-12, 01:50 PM
While we have received the rough end of the pineapple from the refs, it is the kicking game where we are getting toweled up by the Sharks who have kicked fairly well where we have been poor.

teke
10-06-12, 01:51 PM
Refs have missed a few blokes off side when the bombs go up, one notably is when Dowling knocked on, Isaac Gordon was at least a metre off and inside the 10.

Not a bad effort thus far considering everything.

White is playing well again.

teke
10-06-12, 01:51 PM
Sharks forwards are such grubs. All head slams, choke holds and forearms to the face and throat.Jeremy Smith like tackles :D

Supergoose
10-06-12, 01:52 PM
We lacked go forward once BJ went off. Dowling has been good but I can't help thinking having Falloon at hooker and Srama at halfback would've been a better way to go. Zillman has dropped ball and missed tackles. We need him to be much better in the 2nd half.

Titanic
10-06-12, 01:53 PM
Not too bad ... Dowling fine but Zillman should never be allowed within ten meters of the halves.

That "no try" if they deemed Idris was involved then it was a 1 on 1 strip surely?

Our mid-field defence is really so-so.

DavidBouveng
10-06-12, 01:54 PM
Jeremy Smith like tackles :D

Yeh obviously the worst and they following their captains lead well.

Julius Sezer
10-06-12, 01:55 PM
hang in there boys. We can still win. Just need to get into the oppositions 20 and work from there.

Titanic
Zillman has dropped ball and missed tackles. We need him to be much better in the 2nd half.

So right ... plus kicked out on the full, thrown hospital passes, over-runs the ball, passed to no one twice ...this from our future club captain. We don't need Prince so much as we need Zillman off the ball.

Jamal's Hamstring
Can anyone explain why that was a penalty?

Because the gentleman officiating deemed it so.

Kicking game is killing us but errors putting us on the barefoot.

TITAN PETE
10-06-12, 01:57 PM
Refs have missed a few blokes off side when the bombs go up, one notably is when Dowling knocked on, Isaac Gordon was at least a metre off and inside the 10.

Not a bad effort thus far considering everything.

White is playing well again. :

He is mate but what about Douglas , 40 minutes gone & he has racked up 39 tackles :surprise:

The refs are killing us Gordon was offside from the bomb & Cronulla have thrown 6 forward passes & no been pinged for any :boo:

The game is there to be won if we can get our fair share of the pill.....

teke
10-06-12, 02:00 PM
:

He is mate but what about Douglas , 40 minutes gone & he has racked up 39 tackles :surprise:

The refs are killing us Gordon was offside from the bomb & Cronulla have thrown 6 forward passes & no been pinged for any :boo:

The game is there to be won if we can get our fair share of the pill.....Yeah it was obvious Gordon was offside.

39 tackles really? Jeepers :surprise:

Titanic
10-06-12, 02:00 PM
I feel we've got the points in us ... just not enough possession.

DavidBouveng
10-06-12, 02:03 PM
it's probably the conditions we need prince and his experience for.

So many halves, and decent ones, don't understand wet weather footy and the adjustments it needs to kicking games. D lockyer is the master, but prince would be real helpful right now too.

DavidBouveng
10-06-12, 02:05 PM
Ooh Jamie Dowling understands. Low kicks on the ground, good boy.

Rage
10-06-12, 02:05 PM
Srama in easy!!

Titanic
10-06-12, 02:06 PM
Srrrrrramaaaaaa!

Supergoose
10-06-12, 02:07 PM
Zillman kicks and we're back to playing dusty.

DavidBouveng
10-06-12, 02:08 PM
I feel we've got the points in us ... just not enough possession.

If parra can put 23-0 on sharks in second half surely we can.

I'll make a wet condition adjustment of -7 , so we will win 16-10

Supergoose
10-06-12, 02:09 PM
Good set with the ball and then Zillman kicks again. Anyone got a saw?

Boonarga
10-06-12, 02:10 PM
Idris should be nicknamed "crab".
Best sideline to sideline runner ever.

DavidBouveng
10-06-12, 02:11 PM
I would be really happy for dougie to score, old home crowd, he's kept his head up despite being a pine rider, and he's trying so hard.

Supergoose
10-06-12, 02:11 PM
We got away with stupidity there. Somehow.

Supergoose
10-06-12, 02:13 PM
No we didn't. Stupidly rushed our hands. The one time we needed a settler...

Titanic
10-06-12, 02:13 PM
If james keeps this up he will need to back to QCup.

Titanic
10-06-12, 02:15 PM
Disgusting :-( no good coming out of the line Zillman and no good tackling air Mead.

Rage
Best gets in way too easy...

Smakked
thats was pathetic defence

teke
10-06-12, 02:16 PM
Yeah I reckon.

James needs to quit it asap and Zilly shouldnt be allowed within 20 mtrs of the halves.

Supergoose
ZILLMAN rushes out of line leaves a gaping hole. Henderson needs to come off, we need to get some more attack out of James.

teke
thats was pathetic defenceZilly is becoming the difference in this game

Boonarga
10-06-12, 02:18 PM
Zillman didn't pick himself in the halves. We know who the genius behind this team is.

TITAN PETE
10-06-12, 02:19 PM
Go back to Michaels steal on the Sharks line & Pomeroy is a meter offside at the play the ball....

Zillman rushed up & let the try in , should've had Fallon in the squad, Champion is playing like someone who doesn't have a clue

DavidBouveng
10-06-12, 02:20 PM
If james keeps this up he will need to back to QCup.

Yep, aggression is good, but not just reckless aggression that costs the team.

Smakked
here we go they will disallow this you watch

Supergoose
And that's why Srama should've been at halfback.

Titanic
10-06-12, 02:21 PM
I'll never complain about referees again ... that was a clear obstruction BUT I'll take it.

Rage
Nice! Video ref rules try

gotitans101
Zillman didn't pick himself in the halves. We know who the genius behind this team is.

lol, ohhh so true.

Titanic
10-06-12, 02:22 PM
great kick!!!

Boonarga
Hempstead screws up again. Finally in our favour.

Supergoose
We can win this. Great set started by a good Idris charge and followed by some quick play the balls and a Matt white charge. Zillman nearly messed it up by then got out the way.

Smakked
10-06-12, 02:25 PM
its all over im not watchin no more, ive seen enough

Titanic
Faaaarken rubbish.

Rage
FFS...Sharks in again

Boofhead
10-06-12, 02:26 PM
Can still win this. ****ing Henderson though...

titanfan1980
10-06-12, 02:28 PM
Can Zillman even try to look interested? he's having a deadest shocker.. But how good is mead under the bombs!

Supergoose
10-06-12, 02:31 PM
These refs are incompetent. How was that a penalty against Srama?

Boonarga
10-06-12, 02:39 PM
Thanks Carty. Selections and gameplan back to your normal standard.

Boonarga
10-06-12, 02:42 PM
Positives? Srama, Ridge, Douglas.

Titanic
10-06-12, 02:42 PM
We've got no brains ... 3 to go why not chance your hand and kick short?

DavidBouveng
10-06-12, 02:43 PM
I feel for zillman, not only moved to a position he's clearly uncomfortable with, we lump him with the burden of captaincy.

I get that carty loves him, but hes not really helping him by loading him up with responsibility.

patskE
10-06-12, 02:45 PM
zillman n mini were poor for me... esp with being captains...

why o why did we pack it quick with 1 min to go, just to get 3 forwards to hit it up? i thought we were going to kick it for mead or something

idris only got the ball when he was running back inside, i dnt think he touched it inside the 20?
kicking was ball... zillman is a ball runner, not ball player, dowling was solid but didnt do anything. just to many big guys i rkn.
hate to say it but we lacked prince's direction...
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Titanic
10-06-12, 02:46 PM
We don't know that DB ... he trained at 6 all pre-season.

teke
We've got no brains ... 3 to go why not chance your hand and kick short?I have no idea why they havn't tried short kicks or even a long kick with a min to go. Sharks fullback in scrum and you had Mead out wide calling for long kick. He would have walked it in.

DavidBouveng
Positives? Srama, Ridge, Douglas.

And meady and dowlings bomb work in the wet.

titanfan1980
10-06-12, 02:47 PM
Honestlt not to worried.. half of our salary cap not on the field: Bird, Bailey, Harrison, Myles & Prince And we lost to the only team to beat the storm this year.. Next week panthers at home, bring it on!

GCTitans
10-06-12, 02:49 PM
Good to see the referees are as incompetent as ever.
The question I have is why can't the coaches or players point out their obvious mistakes, without the fear of getting fined. Because their never going to improve with the current crap in place.

gotitans101
10-06-12, 02:49 PM
Seriously Carty - just let Rankin go to another club if that's the way you feel about him. You're obviously still holding a grudge against him from when he apparently 'lost us the game' last month. I mean he did travel with the team didn't he?

Zillman isn't and never will be a half-back or five-eight. He is flat-out making the cut for his preferred position ffs.

Anyone know what the penalty count was?

GCTitans
10-06-12, 02:50 PM
Jamie Dowling played well for his debut at fullback. He was good under the high ball.

patskE
10-06-12, 02:53 PM
I have no idea why they havn't tried short kicks or even a long kick with a min to go. Sharks fullback in scrum and you had Mead out wide calling for long kick. He would have walked it in.

YES YES YES! i dont get it... seriously... read my previous post about it!

Titanic
10-06-12, 02:54 PM
Yeah mate, me too. Not too worried but just have trouble coming to grips with the moronic things that we do and the obvious things we don't do. Many of those criticism can be blamed on the players but many of them are obviously policy.

1. Adventure ... our version of that is desperation.
2. Creativity ... our version of that is safety.

All of that then gets packaged up in one-dimensional plays where mediocrity is rewarded and individuality frowned on. Today was a great example of when Mead and Idris should have featured instead we got a slugfest in the forwards against a team who fielded a better forward pack than us. Don't blame the weather because they scored 22.

TITAN PETE
10-06-12, 02:58 PM
The difference between today & last week is Prince's kicking game , Zillman can not kick to save his life & shouldn't have a walk up start for the next match,,,but he will.

Srama excellent all round game with 52 tackles but for was outdone by Douglas who made a massive 60 tackles & 14 hit ups for 123meters ..

James is not up to this level yet & needs a bit more time in the QCup

Would be happy to see JD get another run anytime he played excellent on debut :thumbsup:

Jamal's Hamstring
10-06-12, 02:59 PM
Directionless. Prince was sorely missed. White played great.

Princey's Titanz
10-06-12, 03:01 PM
Not too fussed about the loss. Half our team didnt play. Should have won it but we defended for practically the whole match. Zillman should never go in the halves. Thats probably the biggest mistake. Flukish try by Isaac De Gois which swung momentum the Sharks way which lost us the game.

patskE
10-06-12, 03:08 PM
rankin would of been the better option, his footwork in the wet would of been great... i dont hold him responsible for the tigers game... nfi why carty should... casue before that game he was the 18th man, ie the spot micheals took up. now his nowhere.

Coaster
10-06-12, 03:16 PM
Serious question: If Zillman looked like Nathan Friend, would he still be contracted to the Titans or for that matter any NRL club?

Titanic
10-06-12, 03:25 PM
Serious question: If Zillman looked like Nathan Friend, would he still be contracted to the Titans or for that matter any NRL club?

Not sure what you're insinuating but I would go so far as he wouldn't be playing A Grade at any other club. But then again nor would O'Dwyer, Henderson or Michaels.

I thought White, Douglas and Srama went really well, Lawrence and Dowling went ok. I have to say again when Gordon got into space he had nothing - solid but has lost his flash.

Coaster
10-06-12, 03:35 PM
IMO Zillman is only there because he is attractive to the ladies (and in turn sponsors), if he was a ugly bugger he would not even have a NRL contract.

Henderson and odwyer are fillers, and you will always have those players in a salary cap, but Zillman was co-captain, and just got a 5 year contract. Why!

-----

I also think your totally unfair to KG, he was always going to struggle with pace after a full knee reco, and he lifted his weight nearly 20kg. He is learning to play at this weight IMO. And the thing he does that is great is that we no longer leek 20 points a game down the left side.

Look at the stats, he is not as fast as he was, but he is our safest option by far, and playing outside Idris at 135kg is going to test anyone.

teke
10-06-12, 04:03 PM
He is back to playing weight of 89/90 kgs so the weight isnt an issue. I thought Kev played ok today, he ran harder than I have seen him since returning, got in and helped the forwards and looked to link up on the opposite side of the field.

Coaster
10-06-12, 04:11 PM
He is back to playing weight of 89/90 kgsd.

I didn't know that, he looks like he is still 8 kg heavy IMO. But he needs to bulk up a bit for the longer version of his game.

Btw big thanks to KG for calling me to ask how the operation went, yes I am biased lol.

I did like seeing young Dowling out there today, I thought he went great.
Needs another start IMO

teke
10-06-12, 04:21 PM
I didn't know that, he looks like he is still 8 kg heavy IMO. But he needs to bulk up a bit for the longer version of his game.

Btw big thanks to KG for calling me to ask how the operation went, yes I am biased lol.

I did like seeing young Dowling out there today, I thought he went great.
Needs another start IMOI think his weight is perfect, any bigger and he will have Hendo out running him :D

As for Zilly :nope:

I will say it again, it is fullback or Q Cup

Coaster
10-06-12, 04:31 PM
I think his weight is perfect, p

It's the proportion that needs altering, no offseason heavy leg training, means heavier upper body, yet a little light now in the thighs. He will be right

teke
10-06-12, 04:36 PM
It's the proportion that needs altering, no offseason heavy leg training, means heavier upper body, yet a little light now in the thighs. He will be rightYeah that is true.

matti
10-06-12, 06:10 PM
did princey hurt his back helping carty unzip his pants again?

Ryan
10-06-12, 06:53 PM
It's probably ****ed from carrying the weight of the team for the last 5yrs .....

shamus
10-06-12, 07:04 PM

It's probably ****ed from carrying the weight of the team for the last 5yrs .....

Touche.

I was bagging Prince a month or two ago but in the past few weeks he has been a standout....We missed him big time today. We had absolutely no leadership out there at all and I have no doubt we would have won had he been there. :fight:

Princey's Titanz
10-06-12, 07:49 PM
love ya Prince. I knew you would bounce back. Haters gonna hate

Rage
10-06-12, 07:52 PM
Tigers game and now the Shark's game. If we had Prince, we would have won both of those games.

Smakked
10-06-12, 08:04 PM
It is scary to think he makes that much difference , he has only a few good more years in him so i hope he is teaching Sezer and who ever else the ropes.

Titanic
10-06-12, 08:41 PM
I also think your totally unfair to KG... Look at the stats, he is not as fast as he was, but he is our safest option by far, and playing outside Idris at 135kg is going to test anyone.

Never bagged his contribution and fully recognise that he is solid out there on the left but I feel he is the slowest I've ever seen him and maybe the slowest wing in the comp.

We would have won today if we'd had Prince but I also think we would have won today if we didn't have Zillman and had Rankin instead.

Let's hope that the Zillman experiment is now put to rest and we can get about finding a long term solution. Kelly going to Parra is a pity although I seem to remember he came from there originally.

teke
10-06-12, 11:02 PM
Never bagged his contribution and fully recognise that he is solid out there on the left but I feel he is the slowest I've ever seen him and maybe the slowest wing in the comp.
Kev still has some gas once in stride, its his off the mark pace that hasnt recovered yet which makes all difference.

Like others stated it was good to see Dowling play solid/safe today and word is Mead is going to get a chance to play fullback as soon as Idris, Prince, Sezer and Srama all get a go back there ;)

DIEHARD
11-06-12, 12:42 AM
Really hard to watch us out there with the lack of leadership and organisation. Sezer tried his best, great to see James back. Solid debut for Downling. Srama the standout. Loved the sneaky try from dummy half. We need more of that, keep em guessing.

Just hard to lose Prince, Bird, Bailey, Myles, Harrison...

DIEHARD
11-06-12, 12:48 AM
Prince was a huge loss. My heart sank to see Zillman at 7. He should be centre or fullback or forget it.

Douglas was amazing and I was happy to see James get a solid run under his belt.

I guess Rankin must be further down the meal line these days. We could have used him out there, keep Zillman at 1,

Julius Sezer
11-06-12, 09:54 AM
No Zillman in the halves please. I beg of you Carty. Should have been Rankin at halfback instead. Dowling plays 5/8 so why did he shift to fullback? :S

Hail Sezer
11-06-12, 11:29 AM
No Zillman in the halves please. I beg of you Carty. Should have been Rankin at halfback instead. Dowling plays 5/8 so why did he shift to fullback? :S

Agreed. Dowling looked more comfortable in FG than Zillman does at the moment, sadly enough.

Tamwelg
11-06-12, 12:21 PM

Dowling can play anywhere in the Backline as well as lock / backrow, but has spent most time at fullback with Burleigh.

Julius Sezer
11-06-12, 12:53 PM
Agreed. Dowling looked more comfortable in FG than Zillman does at the moment, sadly enough.

Mate your name is very original. LOL

Supergoose
11-06-12, 01:07 PM
Dowling looks a good prospect for us off the bench for the rest of the season, He looks more assured than Rankin and provides better utility value too

Titanic
11-06-12, 01:42 PM
I think he went alright but I agree the bench looks like more his go. We seem to have a lot of that sort of player though ... jacks of all trades but masters of none in particular.

Julius Sezer
11-06-12, 01:43 PM
Dowling seems to be a good prospect for the future. Should definitely try him on the bench for this year.

Btw guys there is only one spot left in the NRL Auction Draft. Its your to take if you want it. Who want to be in it?

Enter your name in this thread if you want to be the last person to join.

http://forum.titans.com.au/showthread.php?p=301772#post301772

teke
11-06-12, 01:55 PM
I think he went alright but I agree the bench looks like more his go. We seem to have a lot of that sort of player though ... jacks of all trades but masters of none in particular.My sentiments exactly.

Jamal's Hamstring
11-06-12, 02:06 PM
At the game I was thinking to myself I didn't see much of BJ. Statistically he did alright so why does he get so few minutes?

Also looking at stats, I was surprised Jamal only got 101metres. Stupid biased NRL stats not considering the easy 150metres he ran laterally...

Princey's Titanz
11-06-12, 02:15 PM
At the game I was thinking to myself I didn't see much of BJ. Statistically he did alright so why does he get so few minutes?

Also looking at stats, I was surprised Jamal only got 101metres. Stupid biased NRL stats not considering the easy 150metres he ran laterally...

Its Carty what do you expect?

Jamal's Hamstring
11-06-12, 02:18 PM
Is it a personal thing?

Princey's Titanz
11-06-12, 02:24 PM
Is it a personal thing?

Dont know. But Carty does make some dubious decisions at time.

Exhibit A: Putting Zillman at halfback
Exhibit B: Playing Michael Henderson

Titanic
11-06-12, 02:28 PM
Goodness knows ... Lawrence may not be as punishing as White in attack but he seems busy in defence. Having said that White has really impressed me the last few games and seems to revel in having some responsibility.

Just so you all don't think I've gone soft, James needs to watch the stupid stuff. He is not match fit and cheap shots won't win him anything except a reputation that he doesn't need at his stage of development.

Coaster
11-06-12, 02:37 PM
You need 6 good front rowers

2 on the field
2 on the bench
And 2 suspended

Jamal's Hamstring
11-06-12, 02:56 PM
Goodness knows ... Lawrence may not be as punishing as White in attack but he seems busy in defence. Having said that White has really impressed me the last few games and seems to revel in having some responsibility.

Just so you all don't think I've gone soft, James needs to watch the stupid stuff. He is not match fit and cheap shots won't win him anything except a reputation that he doesn't need at his stage of development.

I'd agree- White played a great game yesterday. BJ does work bloody hard and seems to make a lot of tackles. I think with some good coaching he could learn to better position himself to do some damage offensively- typically he does eat some metres on the run. Just needs to get into holes better which will come in time- what was yesterday? Game 10?

I didn't think James did much. I was reasonably surprised by Hendo though...

Supergoose
11-06-12, 03:23 PM
Hendo made some strong runs and was mistake free but still failed to make a dent in the defence. James made 24 tackles in 27 minutes and had 5 runs. He needs more ball and to make more runs but that was an encouraging return to 1st grade. I think Bjs issue is he runs out of gas quickly. He certainly dented the line and had us Going forward. Jamal also needs to get more ball on the run and running at the right angles

shamus
11-06-12, 04:15 PM
Jamal also needs to get more ball on the run and running at the right angles

He was running at right angles... :rolleyes:

teke
11-06-12, 05:15 PM
He was running at right angles... :rolleyes::laugh: :laugh:

Titanic
11-06-12, 07:27 PM
He was running at right angles... :rolleyes:

Oh dear ... you'll go straight to hell for that one :laugh: :laugh:

a right angle is an angle that bisects the angle formed by two halves...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_angle

BackpackingTitan
11-06-12, 09:55 PM
Cronulla's forwards dominated ours, combined with their better kicking game and less stupid mistakes/penalties won them the game. I reckon this would have been a great game with both teams at full strength.

Although he made a few errors Srama was again best on field for me. Scored one, set one up and looked like the only forward who wanted to get up off the line and tackle in defense. I dont know if the forwards were just tired because they dont usually play this amount of minutes, but there was a serious lack of urgency in line speed and kick chases (other than srama).

Also I could tell right from the start of the season Mead had been doing some training under the high ball, his body positioning is alot better and he did well when tested today. You would think it would have been the perfect opportunity to give the guy a chance at fullback. He's the kind of guy that would go looking for the ball constantly. You see him do it even when he's on the wing it's something Zillman lacks.

Also I just don't understand why Ranking wasn't first choice to fill in for Prince. Firstly Rankin is a far better Half than Zillman and secondly if you move Zillman from Fullback you've then lost two players from your spine positions. I think Cartwright wants Zillman to work in the halves because he knows within the next 5 years Zillman is not gonna be the best fullback at the club and this 5 year contract will look ridiculous, which it is.

chicbarn
12-06-12, 09:57 AM
BJ doesn't have the motor to play big minutes. He was burnt out after 18 against the Sharks. Has to improve on that.