PDA

View Full Version : Comon Titans Sign up Gagai!

The Mole
10-05-12, 01:11 PM
i know he has been released because of his discipline and many of you wouldn't want him. i for one would, he can play fullback, center, wing. Sign him up as depth. we took a punt on bird after he glassed him girlfriend and look what happened, he's now a champ player and bloke. could you imagine if either gordan or mead get injured(which they always do) be replaced by someone with quality for once instead of rubbish we use to have like Michaels and etc... Dane is left side center so if Champion plays crap we could put Jamaal on the right and Dane on the left who has been dubbed the next Hodges. He could replace Zillman at FB if he didn't improve or Sean Loxley (who i'm hoping they sign) if he chokes.

Think of it. If Gaigai comes, Michaels goes.:banana:

amaline
10-05-12, 01:30 PM
THE Gold Coast Titans have ruled out making a play for released Broncos back Dane Gagai as they draw closer to extending the contract of versatile backrower Bodene Thompson.

Gagai was released by the Broncos this week after a string of minor infringements and is now on the hunt for a new club.

The talented centre-winger had signed a two-year extension with the club six weeks ago but coach Anthony Griffin decided to take a tough stance on the 21-year-old.

The outside backs are an area Gold Coast could add to its depth, with Steve Michaels and Dominique Peyroux yet to be signed before this year, but Titans football manager Scott Clark said the club had no interest in Mackay product Gagai.

Have your say on the feedback form below
Gold Coast Titans news, photos

It comes as the Titans beef up talks with Thompson's management in the hope of securing him for at least next year.

The Keebra Park product has attracted interest from at least one rival NRL club.

Thompson began the season in the Queensland Cup but has nailed down a spot in the NRL team over the past month.

While the Titans aren't interested in Gagai, he could make a move back to north Queensland.

"Obviously he's a very good young player and he is from north Queensland," Cowboys football manager Peter Parr said.

Griffin said Gagai could yet return to the club.

"I'd never say never and I said that to him yesterday," Griffin revealed.

"In a few years' time, if he wants to come back to the club and we've got a need for him and he's in a different space, then we'd consider it.

"I hope Dane Gagai plays 100 or 200 games of football somewhere.

"He's a kid we've had in our system for a long while (but) we're very hard and strong on our values and we had to protect the rest of the group and not compromise what we're trying to achieve at this club.

"He's only young and he might learn. If it was only about talent we wouldn't be making the decision we've made. I hope it's the kick in the backside he needs."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2012/05/10/414421_gold-coast-titans.html

teke
10-05-12, 02:26 PM
No thanks, Titans just got rid of a few naughty boys so it would be silly to sign one up just fresh from getting sacked. Sends a terrible message.

Smakked
10-05-12, 03:49 PM
Surely we cant sign anyone till all the external club **** is sorted anyway?

Tamwelg
10-05-12, 04:48 PM
No thanks.

Princey's Titanz
10-05-12, 06:56 PM
Im sad to hear that the Titans arent interested. Gagai will turn out to be a superstar imo. I wish the best for him.

Titanic
10-05-12, 08:49 PM
As I've posted before, he will be a liability to whoever signs him and he will end back at Magpies in Mackay like his dad who was also shown the door by the Donkeys.

C-Whiz
11-05-12, 06:19 AM
It's not that we need to keep signing "big" names. We've got plenty of talent and ability out on the park. Someone just needs to take charge of it and find out how to get the most out of what we already have.

Smakked
11-05-12, 08:00 AM
Yeah i agree with Cwhiz, we dont need to sign anyone else get some good coaching staff and we will be awesome.

Toads
11-05-12, 08:56 AM
It's not that we need to keep signing "big" names. We've got plenty of talent and ability out on the park. Someone just needs to take charge of it and find out how to get the most out of what we already have.

You're right, C-Whiz. On paper, we do already have a decent squad. Just need to consolidate the talent we have amongst them 'n utilise them to their best potential. But as each week comes 'n goes, it's becoming more evident that majority of the problem lays at the feet of the Coach/Coaching Staff.

Though it's not as if youse needed me to remind you of that.. :p

Titanic
11-05-12, 03:36 PM
Though it's not as if youse needed me to remind you of that.. :p

We'd forget our own names if you didn't remind us Toads ... thanks for the heads-up.

C-Whiz
11-05-12, 04:04 PM
We'd forget our own names if you didn't remind us Toads ... thanks for the heads-up.I wish we could forget most of this season so far. And pretty much all of 2011 as well..... :?)

DIEHARD
12-05-12, 05:16 PM
Im a Dolphins supporter and I'd say, no thanks. He doesnt have the attitude at the moment to cut it in the NRL. Something that seems to be increasing and increasing in the NRL lately.