PDA

View Full Version : Titans: Ashton Sims, possible signing?

DeeGan
26-01-06, 11:16 AM
Titans: Ashton Sims, possible signing?

St George Illawarra's Ashton Sims has just been selected to partake in the Australian mini camp this weekend which only confirms what many know already, the kid has potential.

What some may not know is that Sims is off contract at the end of this season and with the Titans looking at a marquee prop to join Bailey and Laffranchi, Sims is a long term signing the club should look at.

Ashton Sims is 20 years old and made his debut for the Dragons versus Penrith on May 11, 2003 (Round 9). Since his debut Sims has proven to be one tough up and coming forward who will not take a backward step to anyone. This was displayed in Round 24 of 2004 when Sims copped a elbow from Clint Newton flush on the jaw in the Dragons 24-22 win. Most players would of been out for the count, not Sims. He went off and came back on later in the game as if nothing had happened earlier. As I said, the kid is tough.

Maybe his old mate Luke Bailey can give him the tip during the 2006 season and with the cap problems that the Dragons will face at the end of the season, Sims is every chance to move on in 2007.

Thoughts?

DeeGan

Titanium_BD1103
26-01-06, 11:30 AM
YES YES YES.. We should get Ashton Sims as soon as possible if he is off contract.. :D

I reckon he is a prodigy of the future, we watched him back in Dragons PL and he is such a talent.. he is your typical prop who can run and break lines.. but he also has a very nifty step that even a five-eighth would be proud of.. he could be potenially lethal if he is given the right guidance and here is the perfect place for that to occur.. :)

So yes I think of Ashton Sims highly and if the Titans can sign him.. I say go for him now.. I reckon seeing him in the GC in 2007 will make me even more proud.. :D :D

Steelers
26-01-06, 07:28 PM
Bah, you guys are stealing all our good players lol. Thats life I guess :p

El Chino Fatman
27-01-06, 11:48 AM
Obviously the club needs to build for today and tomorrow, so yes Ashton would be an ideal candidate to get on board now for the future. Definately woth a look. He can only improve with another year of grade under his belt as well.

Dakink
27-01-06, 11:53 AM
Id be more inclined to give him another year and then look - he struggled last year at times and looked a little at sea. Though he would be cheaper now.