PDA

View Full Version : Round 10: Canterbury Bulldogs vs Gold Coast Titans

DIEHARD
06-05-12, 08:43 AM
Canterbury Bulldogs vs Gold Coast Titans

DIEHARD
06-05-12, 08:44 AM
Tickets: CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE (http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=BRO1012)

Kick off 8:45pm

teke
07-05-12, 02:02 AM
Ryan James 2 min workout for Tweed is good enough for me :D

Its possible we could have our strongest Squad (on paper) of the last 2 plus years playing this weekend

Tamwelg
07-05-12, 08:48 AM
Ryan James 2 min workout for Tweed is good enough for me :D

Its possible we could have our strongest Squad (on paper) of the last 2 plus years playing this weekend

But knowing Carty he'll want James to spend more time in the Qcup. I wouldn't mind seeing something like:

1. Zillman
2. Gordon
3. Peyroux
4. Champion
5. Mead
6. Rankin
7. Sezer
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. Myles
11. Bird
12. Minichello
13. Harrison

14. Thompson
15. Douglas
16. James
17. Idris

DIEHARD
07-05-12, 09:45 AM
How much game time did Ryan get?

thelwall
07-05-12, 12:52 PM
1. Zillman
2. Gordon
3. Peyroux
4. Champion
5. Mead
6. Rankin
7. Sezer
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. douglas
11. Bird
12. Myles
13. Harrison

14. Thompson
15. Minichello
16. James
17. Idris

myles can be moved to prop if needed be during the game

teke
07-05-12, 02:10 PM
1. Zillman
2. Gordon
3. Peyroux
4. Champion
5. Mead
6. Rankin
7. Sezer
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. douglas
11. Bird
12. Myles
13. Harrison

14. Thompson
15. Minichello
16. James
17. Idris

myles can be moved to prop if needed be during the gameI dont mind that lineup.

I havnt seen Graham play as bad as he did many times, I dont think he will back it up with another game of boo boos so I am keen to see him stay at fullback and let Zilly replace the big lazy one at left centre.

Idris can come on and work in the forwards.

thelwall
07-05-12, 02:57 PM
1. Mead
2. Gordon
3. Zillman
4. Champion
5. graham
6. Rankin
7. Sezer
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. douglas
11. Bird
12. Myles
13. Harrison

14. Thompson
15. Minichello
16. James
17. Idris

or that id like to see :)

patskE
07-05-12, 03:27 PM
i want to see rankin n sezer in the halves.
Graham dropped for zillman.
rankin n sezer showed life

TitansFan2020
07-05-12, 03:41 PM
1. Mead
2. Gordon
3. Zillman
4. Idris
5. Taliuli
6. Sezer
7. Rankin
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. Douglas
11. Myles
12. Bird
13. Harrison

14. Minichello
15. James
16. Thompson
17. Lawrence

Smakked
07-05-12, 04:15 PM
I WOULD LOVE to see:

1. Slater
2. Gordon
3. Inglis
4. Idris
5. Mead
6. Thurston
7. Sezer
8. Bailey
9. Smith
10. Douglas
11. Myles
12. Bird
13. Gallen

14. Williams
15. Sims
16. Thompson
17. Harrison

Sorry got carried away, was dreaming when i typed this.
I just want to see a win don't care who is on the field just win the ****in game

TITAN PETE
07-05-12, 05:23 PM
I WOULD LOVE to see:

1. Slater
2. Gordon
3. Inglis
4. Idris
5. Mead
6. Thurston
7. Sezer
8. Bailey
9. Smith
10. Douglas
11. Myles
12. Bird
13. Gallen

14. Williams
15. Sims
16. Thompson
17. Harrison

Sorry got carried away, was dreaming when i typed this.
I just want to see a win don't care who is on the field just win the ****in game

Only 1 small problem with your team which is pretty awesome is a minor detail that got the Storm in trouble called a Salary Cap :laugh:

Princey's Titanz
07-05-12, 05:28 PM
14. Thompson
15. Douglas
16. James
17. Idris

$500k on a bench player. Money well spent Titans. :clap:

Rage
07-05-12, 06:22 PM
$500k on a bench player. Money well spent Titans. :clap:

Better than the 550k Parra spent on their Wenty recruit :p

WarriorsFan
07-05-12, 06:32 PM
Better than the 550k Parra spent on their Wenty recruit :p

Haha :thumbsup:

Man looking at your team, you guys have some great forwards in your lineup......

DavidBouveng
07-05-12, 06:38 PM
I think:

1. Graham
2. Gordon
3. Zillman
4. Champion
5. Mead
6. Rankin
7. Sezer
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. Douglas
11. Bird
12. Myles
13. Harrison

14. Thompson
15. Idris
16. Minichello
17. James / BJ

Even though sezer had 6 on last week, he was moved to play halfback once rankin was named. Rankin is your ball player/ ball runner, sezer the ball player / organizer.

hatchy84
07-05-12, 06:51 PM
Guys you are all forgetting odwyer and Henderson lol

Jamal's Hamstring
07-05-12, 06:56 PM
Hopefully BJ gets a run. Looks like he got over again for Burleigh.

Smakked
07-05-12, 08:05 PM
Yeah heres hoping BJ gets a go i think he has done well for us in the short amount of minutes he has played

Nick
07-05-12, 08:52 PM
Guys you are all forgetting odwyer and Henderson lol

Well I suppose we have to concede to playing these two as long as Hendo possesses the goat pictures.

On a brighter note.. cant wait for the games, will be an awesome night of footy.

patskE
07-05-12, 09:04 PM
I think:

1. Graham
2. Gordon
3. Zillman
4. Champion
5. Mead
6. Rankin
7. Sezer
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. Douglas
11. Bird
12. Myles
13. Harrison

14. Thompson
15. Idris
16. Minichello
17. James / BJ

Even though sezer had 6 on last week, he was moved to play halfback once rankin was named. Rankin is your ball player/ ball runner, sezer the ball player / organizer.

how can u pick 1. Graham?? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
and 7. and 6. are pretty much the same thing these days

DavidBouveng
07-05-12, 09:31 PM
how can u pick 1. Graham?? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
and 7. and 6. are pretty much the same thing these days

Its based on Zillman being injured.

also, i was at the game and have been to all but one this year, and Graham was much more composed in defense and helpful to the defensive line than Zillman has been.

im not kidding Zillman sometimes wanders back to his FB position facing AWAY from the other team, while its 3rd or 4th tackle and there sending sweepers here and there,and kickers getting themself in position.

Grahams body position was always centred and set and he was talking and pushing players where they needed to be.

If everyone was fit, id have Rankin there personally once prince is back.

As far as 6 and 7 being the same...they can be and often are, but the better teams still define them differently.

Storm have cronk and widdop, an organiser and a runner. Brisbane have wallace and norman, same deal.

it doesnt make much difference for our two guys, i just noticed that ppl were naming Sezer in the 6, but Sezer is / was the guy who is filling the halfback role, so he might as well wear the 7. not a big deal

Titanic
07-05-12, 10:51 PM
Graham for FB, imho too.

securitron_ch
08-05-12, 09:07 AM
I'd have Graham at FB again too.

Anyone blaming him for that loss either wasn't watching the game or was watching it after a frontal lobotomy.

The Mole
08-05-12, 10:53 AM
1. Mead
2. Graham
3. Peyroux
4. Thompson
5. Gordan
6. Rankin (he played crap in the 2nd half, this is his last chance i'd say)
7. Sezer
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. Douglas
11. Myles
12. Bird
13. Harrison
-----------------------
14. Lawrence
15. Page
16. Minichiello
17. Dowling ( if Rankin chokes then this kid is more than capable of filling in, he can play positions 1,6,7,13 and also if needed 2,3,9,12. he impressed in trials and used to be 20's captain so why not?)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
18. White
19. Idris
20. Ride

i know alot of people will disagree with me but if there's one thing i'm known for, is that i know rugby league so well. So trust me when i say this team will more than compete with the bulldogs. Idris doesn't seem he wants the ball then he shouldn't play league because to win you need to have the ball. o'dywer puts in the effort but brings nothing to the team, and henderson is the human rugby league laxative.. if you have him in your side, your team goes to ****! Thompson and Peyroux are both defensve centers, we're gonna need that cause the dogs are lethal out wide. Mead will do wonders at FB.

Tamwelg
08-05-12, 12:03 PM
Zillman back for Dogs clash

Adam Gardini
Tuesday 8 May 2012 1:01 PM

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans fullback William Zillman has been named to return from injury for Friday night's bumper double header against the Bulldogs at Suncorp Stadium.

Zillman (hamstring) was today named by Jetstar Titans Coach John Cartwright in a new-look side to take on the Bulldogs, who have transferred their home game from Sydney to Brisbane to follow the Broncos vs Manly match at Suncorp Stadium.

Zillman returns to his customary role at fullback in place of Phil Graham, who has been shifted back to an extended five-man interchange bench.

Captain Scott Prince has not been named in the side as he continues his rehabilitation from a small tear to the brachialis muscle in his elbow joint suffered in the Round 8 clash against the Broncos.

The clash against the Bulldogs will mark the 50th matches in Jetstar Titans colours for NSW State of Origin forward Greg Bird and Titans junior Bodene Thompson.

Jetstar Titans vs Bulldogs
8.45pm ? Suncorp Stadium
Friday, May 11

1 William Zillman
2 Kevin Gordon
3 Jamal Idris
4 Dominique Peyroux
5 David Mead
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Jordan Rankin
8 Luke Bailey
9 Matt Srama
10 Nate Myles
11 Greg Bird
12 Mark Minichiello
13 Ashley Harrison

Interchange

14 Matthew White
15 Luke Douglas
16 Luke O?Dwyer
17 Bodene Thompson
18 Phil Graham

Coach John Cartwright

www.titans.com.au

Tamwelg
08-05-12, 12:08 PM
I'm happy Zilly is back. I wasn't overly impressed with Graham at the back. This is Zilly's chance to step up and prove he has the goods to be our fullback. He's hasn't shown it yet, but without Princey there I'm hoping we see him start to play the role I hope he can. If not, move him to left centre and sign Sean Loxley from QRL.

DavidBouveng
08-05-12, 12:25 PM
No Hendo? Nice job carty.

Next week odwer gone and I'll be happy

Steelers
08-05-12, 12:26 PM
This is what I would do to that line up

1 William Zillman
2 Kevin Gordon
3 Jamal Idris
4 Dominique Peyroux
5 David Mead
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Jordan Rankin
8 Luke Bailey
9 Matt Srama
15 Luke Douglas
11 Greg Bird
10 Nate Myles
13 Ashley Harrison

Interchange

14 Matthew White
12 Mark Minichiello
16 Luke O’Dwyer
17 Bodene Thompson
18 Phil Graham

Boofhead
08-05-12, 12:53 PM
Rather have Hendo at half back then Rankin...

Titanic
08-05-12, 12:58 PM
Rather have Hendo at half back then Rankin...

Rubbish Boof, didn't you mean Michaels?

Boofhead
08-05-12, 01:10 PM
Rubbish Boof, didn't you mean Michaels?

Both amazing players that deserve a crack over Rankin! :laugh:

C-Whiz
08-05-12, 01:31 PM
No Hendo? Nice job carty.

Next week odwer gone and I'll be happyYep, that's exactly what I thought. Probs the best line up I can remember for a while.

Rather have Hendo at half back then Rankin...Boof, you've got an obvious issue with Rankin, but I think you are being way too harsh in him.

This is Idris' last chance to prove himself, as far as I am concerned. He's been going on about how much he's been wanting to play his old club, how upset he was he missed the last meeting, and he's been playing like he's saving all his energy for the upcoming match, so if he doesn't play like a man possessed, he is GOONNNEEEE!!!!!

No excuses. No hamstrings. No "not happy with a few things" in my game. No BS. This is the game you've said you've been waiting for. Well, now is the chance to show us all what you have brought to the Titans.

Nick
08-05-12, 01:53 PM
Meh.. No Hendo at least.. But why do we persist with Myles at prop. Dougie needs to start. Get Ryan James out there even if it's for 15 mins, we have no impact off the bench at all.

Capewell coming off the bench for the ponies.. He has been playing in the halves for the dolphins and going ok.

karnage
08-05-12, 01:55 PM
You are a hard man Boof!! I really like the look of this team. I hope that Rankin can focus on his first 70 rather than his last 10 and really build a combination with Sezar.

The young guys excite me because we just don't know what we'll get, unlike Prince where we know we will get a half a dozen missed tackles some boring inside balls and couple of times where he stays down trying to milk a penalty.

patskE
08-05-12, 04:11 PM
i like the look of it, i still feel myles to the back row, mini bench, Douglas to start with BJ on the bench for dwyer.

Princey's Titanz
08-05-12, 04:16 PM
hullejelah! (i dont know how to spell it) NO HENDERSON! :D

Titanic
08-05-12, 05:03 PM
It's most commonly spelled hallelujah PT :-)

Princey's Titanz
08-05-12, 06:30 PM
It's most commonly spelled hallelujah PT :-)

i was close.

Thankgod no Henderson. Carty came to his senses

Mr Stupid
08-05-12, 07:46 PM
Yes, last chance for Jamal. He's been such a disappointment. I'm beginning to resent his fat **** and strange hair. I'm not proud though, he's only a kid and I'm far more forgiving of other 21 year olds in the comp. He was just so ineffectual on saturday after we held out so much hope from his arrival.

Titanic
08-05-12, 07:47 PM
Carty came to his senses

Love your work ... the Bulletin reported that Henderson had been spelled after catching a slight case of Mad Goats' Disease.

WarriorsFan
09-05-12, 07:07 AM
Good lucks guys, I really hope you put one over the Bulldogs and that grub Ennis!

DavidBouveng
09-05-12, 07:15 AM
just watched the classis match on fox sports and seeing our line up made me realise how spoilt we are right now.

This team was undefeated at home after 5 or so matches for the year...

1.Brenton Bowen
2.Brett Jefferies
3.Luke Odwyer
4.Brett Delaney
5.Smith Samau
6.Ash harrison
7.Scott PRince
8.Luke Bailey
9.Nathan Friend
10.Michael Hodgson
11.Brad Meyers
12. Mark Minichelle
13.Daniel Conn

gee-zuz!

Titanic
09-05-12, 09:27 AM
Good post DB ... in fact, it demonstrates how far we've dropped in attitude and performance when we can't defend our own turf ... and haven't been able to for years ... smells like COMFORT ZONE to me at all levels.

DavidBouveng
09-05-12, 09:56 AM
It show the downside of being a 'father' like coach without the disciplinarian side to go with it.

once the initial 'play for the coach' goodwill is gone, your not left with alot of motivation if you arent demanding excellence in other ways.

matti
09-05-12, 09:59 AM
i watched the same game DB, though ash was not the best number 6 , ben j should have been there, quick little guy he was

TITAN PETE
09-05-12, 02:26 PM
GOLD COAST TITANS v CANTERBURY BULLDOGS
Round 10, 2012 NRL Premiership
Friday, May 11, 2012
NRL Kick-Off 8:30pm
Suncorp Stadium
Referees: Jared Maxwell/Brett Suttor

ROUND 10 GAME PREVIEW
Coming In To Round 10
Gold Coast Titans are 1-3 in their last four games, and are coming off a 15-14 golden point loss to the Wests Tigers at Skilled Park last Saturday.
They have averaged 14.5 ppg since Round 6, and have conceded 18.3 ppg in that period.
They sit 14th on the competition ladder, 6 points from the 8th placed Dragons.
Canterbury Bulldogs are 1-3 in their last four games, and are coming off a 46-12 victory over the Parramatta Eels at ANZ Stadium last Friday.
They have averaged 18 ppg since Round 6, and have conceded 14 ppg in that period.
They sit 5th on the competition ladder, 2 points from the 3rd placed Sharks.

Last Time They Met
Round 5, 2012 - Watch game highlights of the Bulldogs 30-20 victory in Round 5.

Last 8 Games - Titans 3 Bulldogs 5.
The Titans have beaten the Bulldogs once in 3 attempts at Suncorp Stadium, but have lost the last 2 clashes between the sides.

Check back on Titans.com.au later this week for a tasty Head to Head feature on Aidan Sezer and Josh Reynolds.

Team Changes and Late Mail
Find all the Titans Team and Injury News from Tuesday and full Round 10 Lineup here.
Gold Coast Titans
W Zillman, K Gordon, J Idris, D Peyroux, D Mead, A Sezer, J Rankin, L Bailey (c), M Srama, N Myles, G Bird, M Minichiello, A Harrison.
Bench: M White, L Douglas, L O?Dwyer, B Thompson, P Graham.

Canterbury Bulldogs
B Barba.J Wright, J Morris, T Lafai, B Goodwin, J Reynolds, K Keating, A Tolman, M Ennis, S Kasiano, F Pritchard, D Halatau, G Eastwood.
Bench: J Graham, D Stagg, C Payne, J Romelo, M Taupau.
Bottom Line

The Titans were heartbroken last week, losing in golden point extra time to the Wests Tigers after leading 14-0 in the first half. The new halves combination of Jordan Rankin and Aidan Sezer worked very well in the first half, with both their running and kicking games threatening the Tigers continuously.
This week they face a Bulldogs side fresh off a dominant win over the Eels last week, as the second game in the annual Suncorp Stadium double header. Last week props Sam Kasiano, Aiden Tolman and James Graham were the big contributors, each running for over 120m and busting tackles. The Titans front row is one of the most experienced in the NRL, and will be keen to show up the Bulldogs forwards after out-muscling the Tigers last week.
Dominique Peyroux will have the role of shutting down the Bulldogs major strike weapon out wide, in Josh Morris. Morris is looking to cement a spot in the NSW Origin team, and has been in good form following a hat trick against the Eels last week but Peyroux loves to tackle, and he?d like nothing more than to shut down the Bulldogs each time they shift the ball to the left.
The key to shutting down the Bulldogs in the past month has been to limit the quick passing among the forwards. This is what the Eels were heavily troubled by, as it created time and space for Ben Barba to work his magic with a staggered defensive line. In the three weeks prior to that, the Sea Eagles, Storm and Rabbitohs all conquered the Bulldogs by doing this.
The Titans showed against the Tigers, and the Sea Eagles previous to that, they can match it with the big guns, and if they can shut down the Bulldogs work around the ruck, they can grab the two points here and kick-start their season.

C-Whiz
09-05-12, 02:57 PM
GOLD COAST TITANS v CANTERBURY BULLDOGS

The Titans showed [B]against the Tigers, and the Sea Eagles previous to that, they can match it with the big guns, and if they can shut down the Bulldogs work around the ruck, they can grab the two points here and kick-start their season.Where did you find this rubbish?

What does 6 points behind 8th placed Dragons have to do with anything?
When were the Tigers considered "big guns"?
And how the heck are we going to "kick-start" our season with a win in round 10? :doh:

patskE
09-05-12, 04:21 PM
word is prince will prob return early n play vs the bulldogs....
anyone else here not want him to play n let rankin n sezer both play? hah never thought i would say that.

Titanic
09-05-12, 05:04 PM
I doubt that I have ever been less interested in a Titans game. The thought of Barba running around Idris is making me ill.

TITAN PETE
09-05-12, 05:05 PM
Where did you find this rubbish?

What does 6 points behind 8th placed Dragons have to do with anything?
When were the Tigers considered "big guns"?
And how the heck are we going to "kick-start" our season with a win in round 10? :doh:

Cut & Paste but not sure where the Dragons come into it .... Storm,Eagles,Sharks,Warriors,Rabbits & even the Donkeys are way ahead of the ex-Fire Breathers :ugh:

decentrix
09-05-12, 05:13 PM
All we can hope for is Idris to put on just a little more weight, then there will be no room left for barba to run around him >_>

DIEHARD
09-05-12, 07:18 PM
Cant believe it is Round 10 already. The year is getting away and so is the rest of the competition.

DIEHARD
09-05-12, 07:22 PM
just watched the classis match on fox sports and seeing our line up made me realise how spoilt we are right now.

This team was undefeated at home after 5 or so matches for the year...

1.Brenton Bowen
2.Brett Jefferies
3.Luke Odwyer
4.Brett Delaney
5.Smith Samau
6.Ash harrison
7.Scott PRince
8.Luke Bailey
9.Nathan Friend
10.Michael Hodgson
11.Brad Meyers
12. Mark Minichelle
13.Daniel Conn

gee-zuz!

Wow. And we have a superior team on paper now. :surprise:

TITAN PETE
10-05-12, 10:08 AM
Prince & Champion have both passed fitness tests & will be playing Friday night..

Titanic
10-05-12, 11:26 AM
So this should be Cartwright's last throw of the dice with his fav selections.

1. W Zillman
2. K Gordon
3. J Idris
4. B Champion
5. D Mead
6. A Sezer
7. S. Prince
8. L Bailey
9. M Srama
10. N Myles
11. G Bird
12. M Minichiello
13. A Harrison.

Bench: M White, L Douglas, L O’Dwyer, B Thompson, P Graham.

My keenest interest will be in the form of Idris and the number of passes aimed through our centres at our wingmen.

Anybody like to run a book on this aspect of our game?

<2 passes each $1.05
2-4 passes each $20.10
>4 passes each $1,000,000

teke
10-05-12, 12:00 PM
So this should be Cartwright's last throw of the dice with his fav selections.

1. W Zillman
2. K Gordon
3. J Idris
4. B Champion
5. D Mead
6. A Sezer
7. S. Prince
8. L Bailey
9. M Srama
10. N Myles
11. G Bird
12. M Minichiello
13. A Harrison.

Bench: M White, L Douglas, L O?Dwyer, B Thompson, P Graham.

My keenest interest will be in the form of Idris and the number of passes aimed through our centres at our wingmen.

Anybody like to run a book on this aspect of our game?

<2 passes each $1.05
2-4 passes each $20.10
>4 passes each $1,000,000:laugh:

It wouldnt be a bad idea to add passes from the 2nd rowers, getting the ball out to the centres is a mission in itself.

amaline
10-05-12, 12:01 PM
Lawrence in for White apparently.

Boofhead
10-05-12, 02:33 PM
Lawrence in for White apparently.

No Rankin.
No Hendo.
BJ Getting a Run.

Getting on that 10.5 start! :thumbsup:

gotitans101
10-05-12, 02:58 PM
We still have Mr Lazy Jamal Idris though.

Expect more points to get leaked through that side again, and expect a lot of traffic directed at Prince again too - most teams have worked him out - his tackling is sub-par.

karnage
10-05-12, 03:35 PM
We still have Mr Lazy Jamal Idris though.

Expect more points to get leaked through that side again, and expect a lot of traffic directed at Prince again too - most teams have worked him out - his tackling is sub-par.

Including the Bulldogs who have already had a field day sending big Frank at him. If you have Pritchard in your SuperCoach team (I don't...) roll the dice and make him captain cos he could score a couple of tries at least.

Titanic
10-05-12, 07:56 PM
If it wasn't for Idris I'd feel good about this game and will look forward to Sezer improving; Zillman proving many of us right that he is not a fullback (I would be very pleased to be proved wrong); and Lawrence that he brings some punch to the bench.

patskE
10-05-12, 08:28 PM
man rather no prince, and idris of his fav side

DavidBouveng
10-05-12, 09:05 PM
Des Hasler will see Sezer run amok and approach the doggies board monday morning asking which EFFWIT let this kid go?

Also BJ had a stormer against the doggies last time, hope he smokes them again.

teke
10-05-12, 11:15 PM
If it wasn't for Idris I'd feel good about this game and will look forward to Sezer improving; Zillman proving many of us right that he is not a fullback (I would be very pleased to be proved wrong); and Lawrence that he brings some punch to the bench.You dont have any other options if you dont want Mead or Zilly at FB.

TITAN PETE
11-05-12, 09:02 AM
Scott Prince confident ahead of NRL return

By Wayne Heming AAP Thu, May 10, 2012 - 5:08 PM

Gold Coast NRL halfback Scott Prince is confident of handling anything Canterbury throw at him after surviving a private fitness test on Thursday with former hard man Trevor Gillmeister.

Prince (biceps) and centre Beau Champion (hamstring) both passed searching fitness examinations before being declared additions to coach John Cartwright's line-up to face a menacing Bulldogs outfit which savaged a hapless Parramatta 46-12 last weekend.

"Gilly (Gillmeister) put me through a bit of a fitness test as well which was pretty tough," said Prince, whose inclusion along with Champion is a huge boost following the Titans' gut-wrenching 15-14 golden-point loss to the Wests Tigers last weekend.

"I think I did more tackles (with Gillmeister) in five minutes than I've done in five years," Prince said.

"He certainly didn't hold back and I think it was important that I was really tested, because I wouldn't want to take the field and pull up lame after 10 minutes."

Prince's injury to a small muscle near the biceps affected his ability to grip and catch the ball.

Because the clash is the late game of the Suncorp Stadium double-header with an 8.45pm (AEST) kick-off, the Bulldogs will not fly to Brisbane until game day, according to Canterbury coach Des Hasler.

"We'll keep the players in their own environment and sleeping in their own beds," he said.

Hasler wasn't taking any notice of the Titans' low position on the NRL ladder and said they were in a place where they had to win.

"They've been playing some very good football and sometimes teams get in a place where they must win and I think the Titans will recognise that on Friday night," he said.

Prince said the Bulldogs were playing aggressive, attacking, entertaining football which would require a consistent 80-minute effort to stop.

"We've got a bit of a plan in place the way we want to attack them with the ball in hand," he said.

The Bulldogs forwards were ruthless against Parramatta and Prince said the battle up front would decide the game as much the brilliance of some of the smaller men like Ben Barba who has been carving sides up off the back of the efforts of the big men.

TITAN PETE
11-05-12, 09:04 AM
That doesn't instil me with confidence , lets hope who ever is Prince's minder for the night does a good job..

Titanic
11-05-12, 02:39 PM
You dont have any other options if you dont want Mead or Zilly at FB.

I would really like Graham to be given another shot ... and wasn't Gordon a fullback in another lifetime?

C-Whiz
11-05-12, 03:13 PM
All this week all I have been thinking about is the poor performances Idris has been putting in so far this season. I just can't shake my overwhelming sense of being severely disappointed and feeling let down by him, and others.

I hope, and I mean I REALLY FRIGGIN' HOPE IDRIS PUTS IN THE GAME OF HIS LIFE AGAINST HIS OLD CLUB TONIGHT.

I feel this could be the turning point of the season, if he stands up and really shakes down his old club. This really is the time for Idris to show us what he can do. Tonight is when all the talk, all the hype, all the excuses and all the BS stops.

There will never be a better time for Idris to stand up and be counted as a Titan.

heidstar
11-05-12, 03:24 PM
Totally agree..:fight:
All this week all I have been thinking about is the poor performances Idris has been putting in so far this season. I just can't shake my overwhelming sense of being severely disappointed and feeling let down by him, and others.

I hope, and I mean I REALLY FRIGGIN' HOPE IDRIS PUTS IN THE GAME OF HIS LIFE AGAINST HIS OLD CLUB TONIGHT.

I feel this could be the turning point of the season, if he stands up and really shakes down his old club. This really is the time for Idris to show us what he can do. Tonight is when all the talk, all the hype, all the excuses and all the BS stops.

There will never be a better time for Idris to stand up and be counted as a Titan.

Jamal's Hamstring
11-05-12, 05:15 PM
Yup- I'm hoping for something special for Jamal tonight. By rights he should have a lot to prove to the Dogs as well as be playing for position. If he puts in another effort like last week some questions need to be asked.

Happy BJ got the call up but what happened to White? Not sure how I feel about Prince coming back either.

Hopefully we'll ambush them while they are riding high on a win over *cough* Parramatta. If it's within 10 points I'll be happy though ;)

mikeyba
11-05-12, 05:30 PM
Titans vs Doggie from 2008 on foxsports 502 right now.. really hilarious listening to the difference in commentry .. titans muscling up..hahahah

samua is better than i remember and o'dywer at centre for that matter, harrison @5/8 hmmmmn playing like a team.. where did the it all go wrong

Titanic
11-05-12, 06:04 PM
hmmmmn playing like a team.. where did the it all go wrong

You could start with inflated ego's, move on to 5 year contracts and finish with the comfort zone.

DavidBouveng
11-05-12, 06:11 PM
i did notice in the replay of last weeks game that Ash Harrison was playing like a ball player on the try line instead of a lump of bog just doing hitups and wasting tackles.

gave us a an extra option and ran the second man play a couple of times.

If this was coached, then im watching with interest tonight to see if it continues, as without Zillman offering anything, it could be useful moving forward.

DavidBouveng
11-05-12, 06:29 PM
I would really like Graham to be given another shot ... and wasn't Gordon a fullback in another lifetime?

i have had a few thoughts about the Mead / Zillman FB conundrum.

firstly, zillman brings it back with the urgency of a council worker,but if mead can hustle a bit more on the down town kicks, he should try and get back there and Zillman can throw a long ball (im not actually sure Zillman could, but for arguments sake) or switch him in to effectively run it back as a fullback and get a few more open opportunities.

secondly, i know you have said Mead cant catch well, and while i dont have a huge problem with his catching, i do think that he gets more kicks directed to him on the wing anyway. definitely contested ones. From fullback he would get no more bombs thrown at him than he does now, except from fullback he would get more open return opportunities and free space from the downtown kicks, as well as mid field bombs tend to have less people going up for the planned tap back to the centre / winger than the sideline bombs,

not having a crack at your opinion, just throwing some more discussion out there, and if im honest, while i love Meady, im happy where he is,and would rather the Graham and Rankin experiments continue first.

DavidBouveng
11-05-12, 06:32 PM
k, im off to watch the game. hope we all can have happy chats and laughs about a star studded team fulfilling their potential afterwards! GO titans!

Boonarga
11-05-12, 09:09 PM
Omg. Idris. Useless.

gotitans101
11-05-12, 09:12 PM
Omg. Idris. Useless.

:laugh: Watching Nine's delayed coverage I take it. Wait for Mead's "NO TRY". Was it a try or not? Thoughts?

Personally I would have given it.

thelwall
11-05-12, 09:20 PM
no try i reckon

Boonarga
11-05-12, 09:26 PM
Definitely no try. It was a knock on. Half time on tv now. Awful game.

gotitans101
11-05-12, 09:28 PM
To me it looked like he knocked it back, though I have had a fair share of beers tonight. Nvm though, thanks for the feedback! :thumbsup:

C-Whiz
11-05-12, 09:35 PM
Idris' stats so far: 40 run metres sideways, 3 forward. Looks like he'd rather pass the ball than take on the line. 3 surrender tackles (more like he fell over than actually tackled), 1 ending with him falling over and not being able to walk. 1 palm/fend putting him on his ar$e. It's embarrassing.

I'm hoping he does something in the 2nd half.

Titanic
11-05-12, 09:40 PM
Guys have you watched it or would I be spoiling?

gotitans101
11-05-12, 09:43 PM
I have, though I think a few here are still watching Nine's coverage.

This forum needs a [spoiler] code.

Boonarga
11-05-12, 09:45 PM
Just watched mead no try early in the second half. That one was definitely a try. The other one I mentioned was early in the first half.

Titanic
11-05-12, 09:45 PM
Gave you one minute, can't stand it. (deleted match report)

Boonarga
11-05-12, 09:46 PM
I'll sod off until it's over. Spoil away.

gotitans101
11-05-12, 09:48 PM
Just watched mead no try early in the second half. That one was definitely a try. The other one I mentioned was early in the first half.

yeah that's the one I meant, I should have been clearer. I thought it should have at least been given benefit of the doubt. Would have been one for the archives if it was given.

C-Whiz
11-05-12, 09:50 PM
Still watching on ch9. Just another thing to whinge about, channel 9 doing their best to kill NRL, but that's another thread.....

Idris, 1 on 1 with Ben Barba, open try line, can't even get past the smallest bloke in Rugby League. I'd pay out his contract and put Peyroux back in.

WOW, the big fat prick just fell over the line! Worth $400K? Not as far as i am concerned.

IDRIS IS A USELESS FAT PRICK. A WASTE OF MONEY. THE DEFINITION OF W.O.F.T.A.M. Drop him and put an NRL player in.

The commentators are already giving him a wrap. My 10yo son could have picked that ball up and scored. Hes done nothing all night.

gotitans101
11-05-12, 09:57 PM
IDRIS IS A USELESS FAT PRICK. A WASTE OF MONEY. THE DEFINITION OF W.O.F.T.A.M. Drop him and put an NRL player in.

The commentators are already giving him a wrap. My 10yo son could have picked that ball up and scored. Hes done nothing all night.

Couldn't agree more. The worst thing is that we've signed him for 5 years. :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope:

C-Whiz
11-05-12, 09:59 PM
Mini's been toiling away all night.

Last week he really showed a much improved running game, no errors, and tonight he has brought it again. Looks like he's taken the stoopid passes out of his game and got back to running hard and being there in support, and it's paying dividends. Hope he keeps this form. :thumbsup:

Boonarga
11-05-12, 10:34 PM
As mentioned in other threads, Idris could be anything with a good coach.
Nice win by the boys. Sezer! He looks like he's been in top grade for ten years. Brilliant.

Cassiono is going for a holiday. I hope he gets cited for the two head shots he did on Zillman that everyone missed.

Zillman is a great defensive fullback.

Tamwelg
Couldn't agree more. The worst thing is that we've signed him for 5 years. :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope:

Take his contract and cross out the name Idris and replace it with Sezer.

Jamal's Hamstring
Mini was awesome.

I would be happy for Cartwright to do the cut and paste for next week. A few times we looked slooooow but I will take the win!

Tamwelg
11-05-12, 10:41 PM
Mini was awesome.

I would be happy for Cartwright to do the cut and paste for next week. A few times we looked slooooow but I will take the win!

Yep it was scrappy, but we'll take the win. Once Prince went off we straightened up and played a much better looking game. The only try we scored in the first half was after the only straight run Prince made. He is spending too much time going sideways.

teke
11-05-12, 10:41 PM
What a f'n s#$% game but great to see the dogs lose.

Both teams were fairly ordinary

TITAN PETE
11-05-12, 10:44 PM
Good win as we were due for a change of luck but if not for Bird & Mini we wouldn't have made too many meters up the guts.... Sezar is Special & should be locked in early for the future

Nice to stay away from the cellar & leave it to the Eels & Panthers to fight for the Spoon..

Tamwelg
11-05-12, 10:45 PM
Srama, Sezer, Douglas, Myles, Bird and Mini were brilliant.

teke
11-05-12, 10:46 PM
I thought Sezer and Myles were quite good with solid performances from Mini and Bird.

DavidBouveng
11-05-12, 10:48 PM
k just finished watching

zillman improved in alot of areas, attacked the ball more confidently and supported his ball runners more.

Mini and Ash Harrison both played really well but more importantly with defined roles, not just carting it up. Mini was smashing holes and looking to offload, and ash was ball playing heaps.

Idris is definitely a bit of a mess right now, first thing is just lose the weight. the rest will follow. i also think his injury in first half was a case of sudden onset crap-pass-embarrassment. he made a recovery once everyone forgot about the pass.

myles crunched some fools.

sezer is a cool calm collected organiser of the highest quality.He just 'belongs' on a footy field.

there was still a tonne of crap in our game, but after last week, i jut wanna enjoy this for a minute before we go hard and critisize the guys too much.

our recent form shows 2 from 4, that could have and should have been 3 from 4 and a bad half against the broncos. We are doing better than people are giving us credit for, and could do some sneaky damage during origin time and find ourself somewhere just outside the 8 with a few more games with our top team together.

p.s. did anyone else shudder at rankin coming on with 18 or so to go, bulldogs coming to get us, and last week fresh in memory...i did, but alsothought what better way to get over it than the next week.

Jamal's Hamstring
11-05-12, 10:49 PM
Myles deserves points just for the vaso effort :thumbsup:

Tamwelg
11-05-12, 10:49 PM
Srama, Sezer, Douglas, Myles, Bird and Mini were brilliant.

Brilliant is probably an overkill, but those I mentioned played well.

Jamal's Hamstring
11-05-12, 11:12 PM
p.s. did anyone else shudder at rankin coming on with 18 or so to go, bulldogs coming to get us, and last week fresh in memory...i did, but alsothought what better way to get over it than the next week.

Yeah, I'll admit it. But the bloke won't get better without being put in situations like that.

Titanic
11-05-12, 11:13 PM
Two unexpected points ... you bewdy and I must give credit where credit is due ... for whatever reason, giving Rankin another go wins my applause.

Apart from that: I want to like Idris but unfortunately right now he truly is a big fat prick. I wouldn't be putting Peyroux there though but I would be signing Gagai for the rest of this season and seeing what he's got, considering he plays left and we have none of those.

Zillman made me eat my words tonight which I am very happy to do. He attacked the ball well and showed a lot more than the rest of his less than stellar career so far ... he'd better be going to church on Sunday and give praise to the Almighty for signing Sezer.

Mead is fast becoming Vatuvei's smaller immitation and runs hot and cold.

I am loathe to be too critical of Gordon but suffice to say he is a shadow of his former self except in size.

Champion looked fit and willing which was encouraging. If he can stay fit then I think he'll be good for us.

Everybody will discuss Sezer so I won't except to say "thank heavens".

Prince has lost me after his little dummy spit over the goal kick ... this is the side of him that insiders talked about at the Cowboys and Donkeys and it's not very pretty.

Srama was back to his best and I won't even embarrass him by comparing him to Friend who spent half his career languishing in the reserves. Srama is a young rising star.

Of the other forwards I felt: Bird was outstanding; Bailey, "Vaso" Myles, Douglas, Minichiello were solid; Lawrence warrants his inclusion; Harrison looks like he wants to play Origin so I wonder where has that been for us.

That leaves O'Dwyer ... who would you replace him with? I think every team needs one player like him but can we carry Rankin and him on the bench?

Changes for next week ... none (unless Henderson and Michaels are available).

And I nearly forgot ... doggies, doggies, doggies! What a wank.

teke
11-05-12, 11:18 PM
Two unexpected points ... you bewdy and I must give credit where credit is due ... for whatever reason, giving Rankin another go wins my applause.

Apart from that: I want to like Idris but unfortunately right now he truly is a big fat prick. I wouldn't be putting Peyroux there though but I would be signing Gagai for the rest of this season and seeing what he's got, considering he plays left and we have none of those.

Zillman made me eat my words tonight which I am very happy to do. He attacked the ball well and showed a lot more than the rest of his less than stellar career so far ... he'd better be going to church on Sunday and give praise to the Almighty for signing Sezer.

Mead is fast becoming Vatuvei's smaller immitation and runs hot and cold.

I am loathe to be too critical of Gordon but suffice to say he is a shadow of his former self except in size.

Champion looked fit and willing which was encouraging. If he can stay fit then I think he'll be good for us.

Everybody will discuss Sezer so I won't except to say "thank heavens".

Prince has lost me after his little dummy spit over the goal kick ... this is the side of him that insiders talked about at the Cowboys and Donkeys and it's not very pretty.

Srama was back to his best and I won't even embarrass him by comparing him to Friend who spent half his career languishing in the reserves. Srama is a young rising star.

Of the other forwards I felt: Bird was outstanding; Bailey, Myles, Douglas, Minichiello were solid; Lawrence warrants his inclusion; Harrison looks like he wants to play Origin so I wonder where has that been for us.

That leaves O'Dwyer ... who would you replace him with? I think every team needs one player like him but can we carry Rankin and him on the bench?

Changes for next week ... none (unless Henderson and Michaels are available).I didnt think Srama was that good to be honest, it was the same ole Zilly I have seen all season and Mead didnt have a bad game at all, his defence is keeping the Titans in most games

teke
11-05-12, 11:20 PM
Myles deserves points just for the vaso effort :thumbsup:Play of the year, I cant even start to imagine how bad Vaso in the eye would be :laugh: :laugh:

Titanic
11-05-12, 11:23 PM
Play of the year, I cant even start to imagine how bad Vaso in the eye would be :laugh: :laugh:

I thought it was designed for the eye ... oh, you mean those eyes.

teke
11-05-12, 11:36 PM
I thought it was designed for the eye ... oh, you mean those eyes.It is designed for the other "eye" :surprise:

How can they let Graham do that anyway? What's next, baby oil? :D

patskE
12-05-12, 02:05 AM
did champion get injury or just taken off for being ****?

Nick
12-05-12, 06:24 AM
That was a satisfying win for all 5 of us Titans fans there.

Toads
12-05-12, 07:12 AM

Apart from that: I want to like Idris but unfortunately right now he truly is a big fat prick.

Why no Love for Idris?!?!

http://oi49.tinypic.com/32zp2lu.jpg

Nice to see our lads escape a hiding in this forum for a change. Admittedly, there's room for improvement. But I'm just happy we're putting a bit of space between us 'n the Panthers 'n Eels. Two points is two points.

Titanic
12-05-12, 08:48 AM

But you certainly are tv stars now ... the cameras couldn't if enough of you ... onya lads, great effort.

shamus
12-05-12, 10:41 AM
I just watched the replay as I was at an 80th last night and I watched Idress in particular and jotted down his stats as the game went on.

The NRL site has him making 13 hit ups, 2 off loads, 6 tackles, 2 missed tackles.

I have him as 10 hit ups (6 in 1st and 4 in 2nd), 2 off loads...1 of them was his blooper and then he went down injured so only 1 successful offload, 3.5 tackles (all in the first half)...I don't count jumping in after a guy is tackled as a tackle....and unless I watch the game again, I don't recall him making a successful tackle in the 2nd half at all! 3 missed tackles, 1 in the 1st and 2 in the 2nd.

Now I know there are a few of you who ignore stats and don't pay any attention to them but honestly, if you still have the game on your recorder, watch it again and watch his workload. He really needs to stay back after training and do a little bit extra coz atm he is very very lazy!

But I still like him, even though I have bagged him a few times now. If he puts in the extra effort he really could be the great signing that some people believe he is.

gothabull
12-05-12, 10:53 AM
Play of the year, I cant even start to imagine how bad Vaso in the eye would be :laugh: :laugh:

Well done im proud of that was a good win made my day and loved nates work with the Pom an his vasoline:drinkies: :drinkies:

teke
12-05-12, 10:55 AM
did champion get injury or just taken off for being ****?:laugh: Nah man, Beau like anyone else who sits next to Prince is always going to be under pressure because of Scotts inability to assert himself defensively. Champs did alright

Smakked
12-05-12, 10:58 AM
Was a good win, i made the trip up not expecting to win, so was a good result. Idris is slow but he seems to be lacking in confidence, he needs to realise he is big and should just go forward all the time as soon as he gets the ball. Was a shocking atmosphere at the ground after the first game. was very quiet.

All in all a good result albeit sloppy but we won thats all that matters.

Supergoose
12-05-12, 11:29 AM
I was one of the 5 Titans fans at the game. It was very ordinary how the crowd just up and left although the start to our game was dismal. I thought the general product other than the league was very poor too and the bulldogs really ought to have out on a better show outside of the main show. The atmosphere was dismal but I was in the upper stands around halfway.

Onto the on-ground action. I've only seen the television highlights not the whole game. We actually put on a few decent moves at stages in attack and our kicking game was fair (we got reasonable results from it). Our defence however lacked a bit of line speed and the dogs first try came off the back of a bullocking first hit-up which we never recovered from. We lost our concentration for a set of six and they scored under the post. This is the main thing we need to eradicate. Idris is a fish out of water on the left. He had a couple of opportunities early in the game to motor straight ahead and stick out a right arm fend but he just steps off the left and heads back in field. Probably cost us 2 early tries. I think we would have a whole different weapon on our hands if he was on the right. It's now getting beyond a joke. If hes going to play led then we really need him to start running from inside to out before stepping off his left. He is a massive weapon who we are just wasting. I agree that Champion was okay last night. For the Josh Morris try in the second half, can anybody tell me what Rankin was doing? He just seemed to run up quickly pat the attackers and then watch the try get scores from behind their attacking line. Weird. Happy to see him in first grade and I think we should persist.

teke
12-05-12, 11:54 AM
I dont think I have ever seen a Titans team push up hard in defence.

It was a solid win for the team but there is so much sloppy slow uncoordinated stuff going on that it is impossible for me to enjoy.

Princey's Titanz
12-05-12, 12:12 PM
finally a win. I think we should beat Knights and from there we can string a couple of wins together. We seem to beat the harder teams ie Manly, Bulldogs, Cowboys but lose to the easier team ie Tigers, Roosters, Raiders etc.

DavidBouveng
12-05-12, 12:15 PM
I think if Brisbane won more ppl would have stuck around, but it was a heart wrenching loss and I would have bolted too. In fact I did the week before the second the ball left Farahs boot for the drop goal.

Rage
12-05-12, 01:10 PM
Can someone tell me what the whole vasoline on Graham was about?

Also, loved how Sezer was calling the shots and leading the team around. Hard to believe he's only played a few first grade games.

karnage
12-05-12, 01:19 PM
Can somebody please explain Titanics comment about Prince spitting the dummy. I watched the game through the bottom of a schooner glass after a wedding at about 1am, so about the only thing I know I'd that we won!! I took the 10.5 point start for plenty so I was rapt!!

teke
12-05-12, 04:02 PM
Can somebody please explain Titanics comment about Prince spitting the dummy. I watched the game through the bottom of a schooner glass after a wedding at about 1am, so about the only thing I know I'd that we won!! I took the 10.5 point start for plenty so I was rapt!!To be very brief I think Titanic is referring to the way Mr Prince rubs ppl ie. the wrong way

DIEHARD
12-05-12, 04:14 PM

Certainly wasnt many of us there! I had binoculars and scanned the stands.

But then againt the Titans themselves did next to nothing to encourage fans to go. Not even a dedicated Titans Bay. :fist:

A really really satisfying victory! In Brissie at Lang Park! Thank you, that is what I sign up for!

Sezer was impressive. Titans looked in control most of the game. Barba is still a freak.

Extra two points next weekend folks! :laugh:

eelectrica
12-05-12, 04:43 PM
Wish I had have gone up now. Would have been nice to watch a win for a change.

DavidBouveng
12-05-12, 05:59 PM
Can someone tell me what the whole vasoline on Graham was about?

Also, loved how Sezer was calling the shots and leading the team around. Hard to believe he's only played a few first grade games.

He wears it do ppl slip off his legs when tackling and also so there hands are all slippery to hold the ball.

Nate Myles gave some street justice and took a wad of it off Graham's legs and smeared it in his face! Good job!!

As for prince dummy spit, he couldn't get the right kicking tee to convert, waved his arms about, then just spat it and let sezer kick.

timor 2
12-05-12, 06:41 PM
Brad tried calling you after the Broncos game but went straight to your message bank... Mate I was in section 318 and yeah only a handful of titans supporters, it was good to get a win, and also see the boys come over to thank us. There was a heap of doggie fans in our section, but the doggies never came over to thank them which was strange..

DavidBouveng
12-05-12, 07:31 PM
its annoying me hearing Hasler talk about the penalty count.

i could understand if they were all rucks infringements, but they were high late shoulder shots, talking back to the ref and also ill discipline in the form of once kicking the ball away after a turnover and also interfering with zillman trying to take the quick 20 metre tap. so theres four right off the top of my head that Des cant complain about, just something he should get used to if he wants the games top grub as his captain. all Ennis' qualities will rub off, not just the good ones.

Toovey was just as bad in the brisbane game, looked like he was still playing dummy half the way he was throwing his arms up and down having a tantrum 1996 style.

DIEHARD
12-05-12, 08:14 PM
Brad tried calling you after the Broncos game but went straight to your message bank... Mate I was in section 318 and yeah only a handful of titans supporters, it was good to get a win, and also see the boys come over to thank us. There was a heap of doggie fans in our section, but the doggies never came over to thank them which was strange..

Thats weird. Probably cause my phone died. I got a new phone too now, but still have the old one, but will pass on the new number. :thumbsup:

Glad you were there too mate! One to remember!

Titanic
12-05-12, 08:49 PM
As several people have posted over recent seasons that they have overheard Prince say this or that in uncomplimentary ways eg when he upped Lawrence at his last outing ... I was just pointing out what was pretty obvious to everyone last night. The kicking tee issue could well have been that sezer would kick from the right side (left footer and all) and Prince from the left. Maybe the ballboys got it wrong. Maybe Prince changed his mind as captains can. But whatever it was, it wasn't a good look. My comment was based on Prince's reputation in NQ of being pretty quick to criticise.

The vaso was a classic as was Baileys 1 on 1 strip.

DavidBouveng
12-05-12, 09:44 PM
As several people have posted over recent seasons that they have overheard Prince say this or that in uncomplimentary ways eg when he upped Lawrence at his last outing ... I was just pointing out what was pretty obvious to everyone last night. The kicking tee issue could well have been that sezer would kick from the right side (left footer and all) and Prince from the left. Maybe the ballboys got it wrong. Maybe Prince changed his mind as captains can. But whatever it was, it wasn't a good look. My comment was based on Prince's reputation in NQ of being pretty quick to criticise.

The vaso was a classic as was Baileys 1 on 1 strip.

i remember in the raiders game this year, bird man kicked pretty badly on the fifth, and Prince made the tackle, then was yelling BIRDY! BIRDY! furiously to Bird who was at least 40 metres away. stuck with me.

i think the younger guys, and you can see Sezer especially gravitate towards bird more than prince, Bird seem really happy for them and close when they do well.

Titanic Believer
13-05-12, 04:28 AM
Princes actions and frustration wouldn't be because of all the pressure put on him by fans and the desperation to win would it? If I was captain and the team had only won two games I think I would be pretty up tight that things go well!!

Princey's Titanz
13-05-12, 08:39 AM
Princes actions and frustration wouldn't be because of all the pressure put on him by fans and the desperation to win would it? If I was captain and the team had only won two games I think I would be pretty up tight that things go well!!

well said :thumbsup:

DavidBouveng
13-05-12, 10:52 AM
i didnt have a huge problem with prince blowing up about the tee, he wasnt aggro, just agitated.

He has performed quite well this year despite some pretty poor go forward and ball control.

Jamal's Hamstring
13-05-12, 01:32 PM

Little man syndrome to be honest...

Mr Stupid
14-05-12, 06:55 PM
Little man syndrome to be honest...

Rubbish!

Jamal's Hamstring
14-05-12, 08:27 PM
I know it's rubbish. You'd think he'd be content with the success he's had and not be so disgruntled about being short statured but there it is.

This club needs two things. A financial planner and a therapist.

Or to sack the coach and Prince and invest in the future.

DIEHARD
15-05-12, 09:49 PM
Nate Myles is a legend for the vasoline move. Havent seen an action so satisfying since Gordie tosed Brett Hodgson out of the field in Origin.

Titanic
15-05-12, 10:47 PM
How about the look on Graham's face? He really tried to face-up but looked like he had trod in fresh dog turds with bare feet ... classic.

Chaserz
16-05-12, 01:14 AM
True that, I couldn't stop laughing after Myles' action - that was just EPIC!