11. Sezer
12. Sezer
13. Sezer

14. Sezer
15. Sezer
16. Sezer
17. Sezer

Guys we have a 5/8.

$hit........Sezer's got some work to do!:)

Toads
15-04-12, 07:36 AM
If the Lads can hold this weekend's form 'n take it to the Pansie's, next Friday week. I do believe we might get one on them. Fair enough, the Pansie's are on fire, but just the last couple of games, I've noticed moments throughout their games, they've had those lapses where their game plans/plays have gone to $#!@, and if we get them on a bad day 'n us on a good one. We might just be able to snare a win, Here's hoping anyway..

decentrix
15-04-12, 03:43 PM
Fingers crossed Sezer doesn't get dropped, hopefully carty isn't that blind.

Jamal's Hamstring
15-04-12, 04:01 PM
Fingers crossed Sezer doesn't get dropped, hopefully carty isn't that blind.

I would be confident he will play the same squad (pending suspensions of course).

Titanic
15-04-12, 04:26 PM
In the negative ... surely Henderson has to go ... or in the positive ... surely Lawrence deserves a run.

TITAN PETE
15-04-12, 06:11 PM
I only watched the 1st half of the Tweed match today but Ben Ridge was hitting like a truck so he should be in the mix for this match.

Rage
15-04-12, 07:41 PM
I really hope the bye does Idris good and he can get to full health. It feels like a waste that we have to rest him about 30 minutes into a game and can't use him for the rest of the match

patskE
15-04-12, 09:32 PM
In the negative ... surely Henderson has to go ... or in the positive ... surely Lawrence deserves a run.

http://www.qrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=matchcentre&cid=100&mid=6847

i thought Lawrence was injured? hence y Henderson got the nod...
but he played on the weekend for the bears :S
Lawrence was the fair better player out of him n Henderson, prob even over Douglas vs the roosters i rkn.

wats going on there :S

shamus
16-04-12, 05:33 AM
I really hope the bye does Idris good and he can get to full health. It feels like a waste that we have to rest him about 30 minutes into a game and can't use him for the rest of the match

I spoke with Jamal yesterday and he is not concerned about his leg at all and says the only thing stopping him playing is the 'cat that stayed on the ground' after Jamal's swinging arm!. :fight:

Tamwelg
16-04-12, 07:03 AM
I only watched the 1st half of the Tweed match today but Ben Ridge was hitting like a truck so he should be in the mix for this match.

Should have served his time for those missed tackles by now, but we all know Carty will not make changes because they won.

TITAN PETE
16-04-12, 09:00 AM
Should have served his time for those missed tackles by now, but we all know Carty will not make changes because they won.

1 change should be made Hendo out he offers nothing & BJ should be straight back in after serving his "Suspension" playing for Burleigh after Prince sent him there :rolleyes:

DavidBouveng
16-04-12, 09:12 AM
I spoke with Jamal yesterday and he is not concerned
about his leg at all and says the only thing stopping him playing is the 'cat that stayed on the ground' after Jamal's swinging arm!. :fight:

Can we even confirm it hit him on the face?

Looked to hit him across the body.

Lyon is a cat. Get it?

shamus
16-04-12, 10:25 AM
Can we even confirm it hit him on the face?

Looked to hit him across the body.

Lyon is a cat. Get it?

Lol.. I didn't pick up on that.....and that is what I said to him. I thought it was across the chest and if anyone should be worried it should be Harro.

matti
16-04-12, 10:34 AM
We need rankin on the bench coming on in the 60th min to run around all the tired forwards

DavidBouveng
16-04-12, 11:24 AM
Lol.. I didn't pick up on that.....and that is what I said to him. I thought it was across the chest and if anyone should be worried it should be Harro.

Oh harro is screwed. No doubt.

His was so blatant it was like he was playing wack-a-mole or something and was waiting for his head to pop up so he could take it off.

Harro have three penalties the other night, and he had given 7 in total before that to make him joint leader in penalties. So he has 10 now. Too many.

Boofhead
16-04-12, 11:25 AM
We need rankin on the bench coming on in the 60th min to run around all the tired forwards

Na.

Princey's Titanz
16-04-12, 11:35 AM
Would love to see the Titans hammer the Broncs. Sezer for man of the match and the score will be 30-12.

Boofhead
16-04-12, 11:48 AM
Hopefully Broncos pick up a few injuries on the weekend.

They have Hodges, Thaiday, Hannant, Beale, Glenn, Hoffman and maybe Gillett playing rep games.

With the bye here we can fix up a few niggling injuries and be in top form for the Donks.

If we don't play Rankin or Henderson - we will win.

matti
16-04-12, 01:46 PM
Sezer was not perfect, half of his passes were to low to catch .. still 1 game in, have to wait and see

DIEHARD
16-04-12, 02:51 PM

They have Hodges, Thaiday, Hannant, Beale, Glenn, Hoffman and maybe Gillett playing rep games.

With the bye here we can fix up a few niggling injuries and be in top form for the Donks.

Im sure the Kiwis are ready willing and able to snap some of them. And the Kiwi Broncos can get suspended.

Supergoose
16-04-12, 05:01 PM
I reckon Ridge and Lawrence are just getting some minutes under their belt in Q-Cup. I'm sure they'll both return soon. I think it is a good ploy to rotate the bench forwards every few weeks so they get minutes under their belts. It's a shame out Q-Cup teams played last weekend and not the one coming in the split round as it'd be good to give some of our benchies more game time.

GoldCoastTitans100
16-04-12, 06:20 PM

I hope we play a full strength team against the broncos, winning would mean more than winning against a weekend team.

What is wrong with rankin on the bench ?

matti
16-04-12, 07:03 PM
They think cause sezer has played 1 good game and we win against a team that had a poor performance he is the answer

Mr Stupid
16-04-12, 08:05 PM
They think cause sezer has played 1 good game and we win against a team that had a poor performance he is the answer

I have to say you seem a bit negative Matti. if this is the team you go for i'd hate to see what you say about the teams you dislike. Cheer up, this might be as good as it gets in 2012!

Jamal's Hamstring
16-04-12, 08:30 PM
Not a knock on Sezer at all but we need to keep some perspective... Manly were far from their best. I don't think that is being overly negative and the boys can only play the other mob that turns up.

The Broncos game will be a much better indicator I think.

A win is a win is a win though and you couldn't ask for more from a debutant!

Titanic
16-04-12, 10:45 PM
That's right guys ... if you remember, it was all Rankin after the Cowboys game and see where that's got us. Sezer was everything we could have expected but let's not overplay his hand in case Cartwright develops a case of "dither knows best".

Coaster
17-04-12, 07:20 AM
TITANS captain Scott Prince has endorsed Aidan Sezer as a long-term halves partner, saying the pivot's left-foot kicking has suddenly opened up a range of attacking options for the Gold Coast attack.

Sezer, a former Bulldogs under-20 star, made a dream debut for the Titans at the weekend, helping them become the first NRL team in more than 18 months to beat Manly at Brookvale Oval.
Have your say on the feedback form below
Gold Coast Titans news, photos

He scored the Titans' opening try with just his second touch of the footy and played a mature and confident hand in several last-tackle plays, quickly gaining the confidence of his teammates.

Prince sees a rosy future for the five-eighth, with whom he hopes to form a long-term partnership.

"Aidan's a very good player," Prince said.

"He's just come back from a knee reco (reconstruction), so we were not expecting him to set the world on fire.

"But I thought that he played a solid game, was very composed and as a left-foot kicker, he takes the pressure off me and Matty Srama from dummy-half with his kicking game.

"I thought for his first NRL game, he played really well."

While keen not to heap pressure on the youngster, Prince said he saw Sezer as a long-term answer to the Titans' five-eighth problem.

While several players, including Greg Bird and Mat Rogers, have worn the No.6 successfully at the Titans, they have been playing out of position, robbing the club of their best performances.

But Sezer is a natural pivot and Prince is hoping the pair can build on an already impressive combination.

"With him being a left-foot kicker as well, there's so many options around Aidan being there," Prince said.

"I can take the line on knowing full well it's in good hands with Aidan (if he has to kick).

"Fingers crossed both of us can stay fit and healthy and it's something that we can build on."

With Sezer recovering from a knee reconstruction, coach John Cartwright was wary of pitching him straight into the NRL to make his debut.

But the 20-year-old at the weekend showed he has the confidence and cool head to perform under pressure.

"I think (that confidence) helps with all the guys around him," Prince said.

"It was evident during the game that there was a lot of talk, a lot of communication, the boys just pumping each other up.

"With Aidan, he loves the game. He eats, sleeps, breathes rugby league and he wants to learn more.

"He's a pleasure to work with and train with -- he's my gym partner and he's a strong little bugger too.

"It wasn't a surprise to anyone how well he played."

Prince has taken his own game up a level in the past three weeks as the Titans battled to grind out a win and said enjoying his football had been the key.

"We've worked so hard over the past four to five weeks, with some troubled times as well," he said of the club's off-field dramas.

"But hopefully that (victory) was the boost of confidence we need as a squad to move forward and string a few wins together."
http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2012/04/17/408225_gold-coast-titans.html

Toads
17-04-12, 08:00 AM
http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2012/04/17/408225_gold-coast-titans.html

http://oi39.tinypic.com/vpyttd.jpg

Man.. Sezer 'n Champion look a lot alike. It's gunna be a struggle for me to tell them apart. :doh:

Coaster
17-04-12, 08:17 AM
http://oi39.tinypic.com/vpyttd.jpg

Man.. Sezer 'n Champion look a lot alike. It's gunna be a struggle for me to tell them apart. :doh:

LOL what is with these Journos.

Here is a good look a like
Guess who (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orv_F2HV4gk)

Toads
17-04-12, 08:50 AM
LOL what is with these Journos.

Here is a good look a like
Guess who (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orv_F2HV4gk)

Geez, An incredible likeness. It never dawned on me before..

matti
17-04-12, 09:59 AM
I'm not being negative, i was raised to think not just to expect things to happen , just to wait and see. If we win, thats blody great and if we loose i'm not going to be angry

Surfers66
17-04-12, 02:01 PM
Barring any injuries- This is the team i would like to take on the broncs.

1 Zillman
2 Gordon
3 Idris
4 Champion
5 Mead
6 Sezer
7 Prince
8 Bailey
9 Srama
10 Douglas
11 Myles
12 Bird
13 Ridge

14 Lawrence
15 Minichello
16 Thompson
17 Rankin

Noddy1979
17-04-12, 02:12 PM
I like your team but I can't see any need for rankin I don't want to be harsh but he has always been reputation and no substance. I would be putting peyroux on the bench for a hard hitting back line utility.

Titanic
17-04-12, 03:19 PM
I like your team too but I'd have O'Dwyer in there for Rankin because of his versatility.

Champion has it in attack (maybe he can feed off Sezer), Peyroux has it in defence (which keeps Prince covered) while neither of them can pass ... now that's a dilemma.

Princey's Titanz
17-04-12, 04:07 PM
We need early tries so Broncos feel the pressure. This is going to be a friday night game so i cant wait :thumbsup:

shamus
17-04-12, 04:16 PM
I have Broncos friends who are season members and cannot make it to this game so I have their tickets.......woohoo..... Front row halfway line.....The only and big negative, is me and the missus sitting there with our Titans gear on surrounded by Broncos. :fight:

MightyTitans
17-04-12, 04:37 PM
I hope we see the following team

1. Zillman
2. Gordon
3. Idris
4. Champion
5. Mead
6. Sezer
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. Douglas
11. Myles
12. Bird
13. Harrison

14. White
15. Lawrence
16. Mini
17. Thompson

18. Rankin

Personally I dont see a spot in the team for Ridge, Pushes too many passes and caused to many errors for mine. I prefer Thompson in a Utility role over him as he can be a backup for the centres and has shown more on the field in his performances.

TitansFan2020
17-04-12, 04:53 PM
To be honest i cant see how you think ridge makes to many errors when you have mini in the team?? although i do agree with that team... but push harro out- hes got 1 week on the sidelines and maybe idri if he cant return from injury

DIEHARD
17-04-12, 04:58 PM
That is outrageous Coaster. We should run a website that keeps a running tab on mistakes by journos.

teke
17-04-12, 11:20 PM
I like your team but I can't see any need for rankin I don't want to be harsh but he has always been reputation and no substance. I would be putting peyroux on the bench for a hard hitting back line utility.I dont mind the idea of Dom on the bench, he basically plays like a 2nd rower and has a bit of toe.

Surfers66
18-04-12, 01:23 PM
Yeah I have Rankin off the bench for a bit of zip.

How are we going to beat the Broncs?
They have fantastic forwards, even better backs and the halves and utility are dynamic.

What sort of game plan could the titans employ? thoughts?

GoldCoastTitans100
18-04-12, 02:23 PM

What sort of game plan could the titans employ? thoughts?

Game plan :laugh:
Copy and pasting the team sheet in the only one we have

matti
18-04-12, 02:58 PM
Wallace and Corey are the only key play makers, defend them hard and you win game

Surfers66
18-04-12, 03:30 PM
Wallace and Corey are the only key play makers, defend them hard and you win game

Come on, im Titans through and through but you must admit the Titans have more to handle than those two.

Hodges, Hoffman & Gillet just to name a few. All 3 come into the line and take the pressure off the 6 & 7 pretty well.

Wallace can tackle too, so the traffic may go the other way. maybe...

matti
18-04-12, 03:50 PM
I dont no, FB can't catch balls , hodges is overrated with injuries . Wallace is no Darren.

GoldCoastTitans100
18-04-12, 04:39 PM
I dont no, FB can't catch balls , hodges is overrated with injuries . Wallace is no Darren.

And yet there are 2nd place, they are better than your giving them credit.

Jamal's Hamstring
18-04-12, 06:14 PM
And yet there are 2nd place, they are better than your giving them credit.

Don't be like that mate- we beat MANLY! AT BROOKVALE!

:ugh:

Chaos
18-04-12, 09:04 PM

Those two are the worst play makers playing the game....Broncos are the one side that don't rely on a couple of individuals.
The one player in the Broncos side that can turn a game is Matt Gillett...a very good reader of the game.

GoldCoastTitans100
18-04-12, 10:00 PM
Those two are the worst play makers playing the game....Broncos are the one side that don't rely on a couple of individuals.
The one player in the Broncos side that can turn a game is Matt Gillett...a very good reader of the game.

I agree that Wallace is useless but Corey is not the worst.

teke
18-04-12, 11:25 PM

How are we going to beat the Broncs?
They have fantastic forwards, even better backs and the halves and utility are dynamic.

What sort of game plan could the titans employ? thoughts?Titans to push through the Broncs line in the forwards. Titans are not intimidated one little bit from the Broncs.

matti
19-04-12, 07:44 AM
We will win

Boofhead
20-04-12, 09:34 PM
All the Donks were solid in the test tonight, Hoffman and Hannant stand outs. Can't help but think Hoffmans playing with a niggling. Hope they rest him!

Bird and Dougie stay fit, we are in with a good chance.

DIEHARD
21-04-12, 12:28 AM
Griffin reckons that Wallace will return for our game against the Broncos.

teke
21-04-12, 03:38 AM
I hope Broncos have a full strength side.

I can handle a loss to these fellas if the Titans play well.

decentrix
21-04-12, 08:07 AM
Did anyone see how Copley played last week? Would it be a smart move to target his wing?

DIEHARD
21-04-12, 04:16 PM
Im facing a huge problem. I might be double booked. And believe me I want to see nothing more than Broncos blood on a Titans sword. That is the main reason Im a Titans fan!

But my friend's mother is having her 50th and Im invited. And its a bit complicated but I should be there. Or I might stay for a while then go to the game then go to the BBQ that is also organised.

How dare people be born on Derby Day!

teke
21-04-12, 04:21 PM
Titan boys talk of putting 30 on the Donkeys

TITAN PETE
21-04-12, 05:22 PM
Titan boys talk of putting 30 on the Donkeys

They shouldn't drink so much :rolleyes:

Chaos
21-04-12, 06:14 PM
I agree that Wallace is useless but Corey is not the worst.

I didn't mean Corey and Wallace were useless footballers...Wallace is a hard defender and his kicking game improved on recent games.
Corey runs the ball well.

I just don't think they are good playmakers.

Titanic
21-04-12, 08:00 PM
Their strength is their structure and our weakness is our lack of structure ... that will be the measure of this match-up as we are better on paper than they are man for man. Titans by 1.

teke
21-04-12, 08:44 PM
They shouldn't drink so much :rolleyes:No no no, I saw a stealy resolve in how they said it. I think they could surprise the comp with their next outing.

GoldCoastTitans100
21-04-12, 09:24 PM
I didn't mean Corey and Wallace were useless footballers...Wallace is a hard defender and his kicking game improved on recent games.
Corey runs the ball well.

I just don't think they are good playmakers.

Oh sorry, my mistake.

I think Corey has real potential, still not convinced Wallace is this great player people say.

TITAN PETE
22-04-12, 07:45 AM
No no no, I saw a stealy resolve in how they said it. I think they could surprise the comp with their next outing.

Mate I'll be Happy with field goal in extra time :thumbsup:

teke
22-04-12, 04:05 PM
Mate I'll be Happy with field goal in extra time :thumbsup:Same

DIEHARD
22-04-12, 04:10 PM
Mate I'll be Happy with field goal in extra time :thumbsup:

I dont think my heart could take it! But at least Darren Lockyer no longer opposes us!

karnage
22-04-12, 08:26 PM
I don't know how any rational watcher of NRL could knock the way that the Broncos have gone about their business this year. They have been exceptional 1-17.

We have been terrible through the first two months but we can prove that Brookie was no fluke by turning up and getting another win.

The storm beat us by 30 and Brisbane are going just about as well. This is a true test for the team and a win can have us snapping at the heels of the 8.

Ryan
23-04-12, 09:16 AM
I don't know how any rational watcher of NRL could knock the way that the Broncos have gone about their business this year. They have been exceptional 1-17.

We have been terrible through the first two months but we can prove that Brookie was no fluke by turning up and getting another win.

The storm beat us by 30 and Brisbane are going just about as well. This is a true test for the team and a win can have us snapping at the heels of the 8.

Brisbane were playing very average in the first month, they barely beat bumbling sides like Eels & Knights. Their last few weeks have been good, but their 30 point win was over a very week Raiders side. They are miles off the Storm IMO. Brisbane have conceded first points in the first 10mins in just about all their games.

If we can post first points, then suffocate them like we did the Storm for 50mins - then that will go along way to victory. We actually need Cartwright's typical forward orientated game plan for this match. Load the bench with 4 forwards, keep the ball in the middle of the park, and grind out a win. Make them defend their line a few times just by kicking a few grubbers behind the line for them to push dead. Our points will come through the middle third or 50% kicks to the edges, we will need at least 24 points...

Our error rate wasn't too bad last week, just need to bring the total missed tackles down to 15 for the game, and play the full 80mins. I got no doubt the boys will turn up for this match, they always do. They week they will be riding a nice fresh wave of confidence into the match...

My Team:

1. Zillman
2. Gordon
3. Idris
4. Peyroux
5. Mead
6. Sezer
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. Douglas
11. Myles
12. Bird
13. Harrison

14. O’Dwyer
15. Lawrence
16. Minichiello
17. Thompson

Boofhead
23-04-12, 09:28 AM
1. Zillman
2. Gordon
3. Idris
4. Peyroux
5. Mead
6. Sezer
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. Douglas
11. Myles
12. Bird
13. Harrison

14. O?Dwyer
15. Lawrence
16. Minichiello
17. Thompson

Harro goneskies. Carty will keep LOD in the starting side, hopefully White to come in?

Ryan
23-04-12, 09:34 AM
Harro goneskies. Carty will keep LOD in the starting side, hopefully White to come in?
Forgot about that...
But yeh, thats what I'd want to see.

TITAN PETE
23-04-12, 10:54 AM
Brisbane were playing very average in the first month, they barely beat bumbling sides like Eels & Knights. Their last few weeks have been good, but their 30 point win was over a very week Raiders side. They are miles off the Storm IMO. Brisbane have conceded first points in the first 10mins in just about all their games.

If we can post first points, then suffocate them like we did the Storm for 50mins - then that will go along way to victory. We actually need Cartwright's typical forward orientated game plan for this match. Load the bench with 4 forwards, keep the ball in the middle of the park, and grind out a win. Make them defend their line a few times just by kicking a few grubbers behind the line for them to push dead. Our points will come through the middle third or 50% kicks to the edges, we will need at least 24 points...

Our error rate wasn't too bad last week, just need to bring the total missed tackles down to 15 for the game, and play the full 80mins. I got no doubt the boys will turn up for this match, they always do. They week they will be riding a nice fresh wave of confidence into the match...

My Team:

1. Zillman
2. Gordon
3. Idris
4. Peyroux
5. Mead
6. Sezer
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. Douglas
11. Myles
12. Bird
13. Harrison

14. O?Dwyer
15. Lawrence
16. Minichiello
17. Thompson

I'd be happy with that side but with Harro out i think Minni will have to start & bring White or Ridge on to the bench..

Titanic
23-04-12, 11:35 AM
That's the side minus Harrison but I would prefer to see Thompson start with Bird at lock and Lawrence/Minichiello/White/O'Dwyer or Ridge on the bench.

teke
23-04-12, 11:36 AM

My Team:

1. Zillman
2. Gordon
3. Idris
4. Peyroux
5. Mead
6. Sezer
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. Douglas
11. Myles
12. Bird
13. Harrison

14. O?Dwyer
15. Lawrence
16. Minichiello
17. ThompsonI agree, Cartys forward orientated game is the one that will have the most effect against the Broncos. 24-30 pts is what the players are aiming for, that is not my opinion that is what they are talking about. They want to impress. Good luck to them

karnage
23-04-12, 12:54 PM
I agree, Cartys forward orientated game is the one that will have the most effect against the Broncos. 24-30 pts is what the players are aiming for, that is not my opinion that is what they are talking about. They want to impress. Good luck to them

They have been starved of free to air exposure. This is the first game that many casual observers of the game will have seen this year that involves the Titans. It will also be the first game we have played in front of a decent sized crowds.

Princey's Titanz
23-04-12, 03:01 PM
We have to win this game to get our season back on track. We still have to think about making the top 8.

Chaos
23-04-12, 08:20 PM
Brisbane are a big strong and athletic team and wont be beaten by bash and barge.

Our defense needs to be working hard for each other...I'd like to see a really compressed defense so there are no 'one on one' situations.

Their halves don't have the vision to change a game plan if we get numbers around the ball.

Just leave the open side open and have our centre come off their man to put hits on...again their halves don't have enough vision for the cut out pass.

DavidBouveng
23-04-12, 08:50 PM
Brisbane are a big strong and athletic team and wont be beaten by bash and barge.

Our defense needs to be working hard for each other...I'd like to see a really compressed defense so there are no 'one on one' situations.

Their halves don't have the vision to change a game plan if we get numbers around the ball.

Just leave the open side open and have our centre come off their man to put hits on...again their halves don't have enough vision for the cut out pass.

And Copley isnt the the greatest catcher even if they do hit the long ball.

Boofhead
24-04-12, 10:58 AM
Donkey's Team In:

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Gerard Beale
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges
5. Dale Copley
6. Corey Norman
7. Peter Wallace
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Ben Hunt
15. Josh McGuire
16. Matt Gillett
17. Dunamis Lui

Titan Dad
24-04-12, 11:37 AM
By the look of the Donkey's side they are expecting a big night up the centre by the Titans. A disciplined defensive effort with sustained pressure of having repeat sets will hold us in good stead. Titans by 6:banana:

Boofhead
24-04-12, 12:18 PM
No BJ, Hendo on bench. Myles lock. Graham 18th man.

Titan Dad
24-04-12, 12:53 PM
No BJ, Hendo on bench. Myles lock. Graham 18th man.

WTF... surely BJ has earnt his bench spot over Hendo. He killed it in the Bears 2 weeks ago.:sadpace:

timor 2
24-04-12, 01:07 PM
Jetstar Titans vs Brisbane Broncos
Suncorp Stadium
7.30pm – Friday, April 27
1 William Zillman
2 Kevin Gordon
3 Jamal Idris
4 Dominique Peyroux
5 David Mead
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Scott Prince
8 Luke Bailey
9 Matt Srama
10 Luke Douglas
11 Greg Bird
12 Luke O’Dwyer
13 Nate Myles
Interchange
14 Matthew White
15 Michael Henderson
16 Mark Minichiello
17 Bodene Thompson
18 Phil Graham

Coach John Cartwright

TITAN PETE
24-04-12, 01:10 PM
WTF... surely BJ has earnt his bench spot over Hendo. He killed it in the Bears 2 weeks ago.:sadpace:

Agree with u mate & this is why Carty will be looking for a new job next season if not earlier ;)

teke
24-04-12, 01:11 PM
Interesting to see Phil Graham moving closer to a start. Someone might be under a bit of pressure this week.

Boofhead
24-04-12, 01:36 PM
Interesting to see Phil Graham moving closer to a start. Someone might be under a bit of pressure this week.

Makes me think there might still be an injury cloud over Idris.

lonegull
24-04-12, 02:05 PM
Makes me think there might still be an injury cloud over Idris.

yep thats would be it

Titanic
24-04-12, 02:12 PM
I want a copy of those photos Henderson has of Cartwright and a goat.

This was the predictable side with the exception of Graham who I am pleased to see is still in the mix.

Jamal's Hamstring
24-04-12, 02:54 PM

There was never going to be a lot of changes after the Manly win.

Fan from afar
24-04-12, 03:12 PM

WTF indeed ..... that coach needs his head read, does he even have any idea what he's doing???

Cartright needs to read the stats on the NRL website every once in a while (did anyone ever mention to him that its kind of his job ??)

FROWNEY FACE CARTRIGHT ...... VERY BIG FROWNEY FACE :mad:

DIEHARD
24-04-12, 04:21 PM
I'm getting those derby nerves, not long left!

The sweetest prize to me is beating those Broncos at Lang Park. It was an unreal feeling when we beat them there in our first encounter.

I think we can win, in fact I'm gonna bet on em!

Princey's Titanz
24-04-12, 04:26 PM
Its like Carty doesnt want our best team on the field. WHY ISNT LAWRENCE IN THE TEAM?!? :(

GoldCoastTitans100
24-04-12, 04:37 PM
O?Dwyer made the team? WTF

Boofhead
24-04-12, 04:44 PM
O?Dwyer made the team? WTF

He has been going good, the least of our problems anyway.

DIEHARD
24-04-12, 05:14 PM
Broncos 1.26
Titans 3.85

https://tatts.com/sports/rugby-league/nrl-/nrl-round-8

Princey's Titanz
24-04-12, 07:05 PM
^ $100 for Titans to win. Im pretty confident

Bayside Titan
24-04-12, 07:12 PM
I want a copy of those photos Henderson has of Cartwright and a goat.

This was the predictable side with the exception of Graham who I am pleased to see is still in the mix.
That's my theory of the only reason Henderson gets picked. Henderson must have them some where.

Dear Carty. We know about the photos. While they might seem that you have been caught in a compromising position we forgive you. Now hurry up and dump Henderson and bring in BJ. ;-)

Nick
24-04-12, 08:47 PM
taken us @ 10.50 for 13+

Im confident of a big win, we have a great team and its about time they clicked! I dont think any of the Broncos oppositions have been overly challenging to start the season and TBH they havent impressed me that much.

DIEHARD
24-04-12, 11:20 PM
Chris Close warns Brisbane Broncos to brace for challenge from Gold Coast Titans in NRL clash

QUEENSLAND State of Origin legend Chris Close has warned the Broncos to brace for their biggest challenge of the NRL season in Friday night's derby against Gold Coast Titans at Suncorp Stadium.

Close, a business and player development manager at the Titans, said the club's last start 26-14 win over premiers, Manly was no fluke, but most critics still regarded the club as wooden spoon candidates.

A former star with Manly and the original Gold Coast (Giants) team in 1988, Close said the Titans hard work in the pre-season would pay-off and the club would win more games than it lost.

"The big brother, little brother syndrome still exists when you talk about Brisbane and the Gold Coast, and that's fair enough," Close said.

"But no-one here is intimidated by the Broncos and we have enough genuine class to win on Friday.

"The Broncos only loss was to the Cowboys and we touched them up.

"No-one here is happy about the fact we have not built on that.

"But let me tell you. This group worked their guts out in summer and bonded as well as any team I have seen in all my time in rugby league.

"They will get the reward for that down the track. Don't be surprised if we get on a winning run by beating Brisbane."

What's on and when? Check your NRL TV guide

Close played second row when Gold Coast beat Brisbane 25-22 in the first match between the clubs at Seagulls Stadium, Tweed Heads on May 8, 1988.

Brisbane boasted internationals, Wally Lewis, Gene Miles, Allan Langer, Greg Conescu and Greg Dowling with Close the only Test player in the Coast line-up.

Centre, Scott Mieni scored two tries and current Brisbane Easts coach, Troy McCarthy landed four goals as forwards Close, Peter Smith and Billy Johnstone led the way.

"Just like the current side, we were languishing at the bottom of the ladder," Close said. "That was our grand final in many respects.

"We were regarded as the poor cousins and we wanted to prove a point.

"But in 2012 the Titans are not poor cousins to anyone. In '88 we didn't have the side to go on with it. Everyone here believes we can make the finals.

"It would be great to see all three Queensland teams there this year, and I think that's possible."

Close said the Titans' financial problems had not affected the players' self belief, as evidenced by the win over Manly, and morale had been boosted by Greg Bird and Luke Douglas's inclusion in the NSW Country side, and Hymel Hunt's selection for Qld under-20s.

Source: http://www.couriermail.com.au

Noddy1979
25-04-12, 05:42 AM
We are probably poor cousins at the moment I think Choppy.

Toads
25-04-12, 06:23 AM
I admire Choppy's enthusiasm in the article, though it does appear to be teetering on the edge of being a lil' delusional, going by Titan's recent form. Hopefully the boys can string a few wins together to help back up Choppy's claims. Roll on Friday Night! :)

Rage
25-04-12, 03:31 PM
NRL.com Wed, Apr 25, 2012 - 11:50 AM

Brisbane Broncos v Gold Coast Titans
Suncorp Stadium
Friday 7.35pm

Tough love will be on the agenda on Friday night as Brisbane look to snuff out any further signs of resurgence from baby brother the Gold Coast after their surprise victory over premiers Manly last round.

It?s a battle of second versus second last, with the Broncos kicking back over the Representative Round following their fifth straight win over the Raiders which saw them retain their position nipping at the heels of the unbeaten Melbourne Storm.

Meanwhile The Titans coach John Cartwright enjoyed some welcome respite following the Titans? second win for 2012 in the hostile surrounds of Brookvale Oval. The Gold Coast gave their fans glimpses of what they are capable of in both attack and defence ? but they?ll need a franchise-best effort if they?re to match motors with the Broncos in their backyard. Their task has been made even more difficult following the suspension of hard-working lock Ashley Harrison after his high tackle on Manly?s Vic Mauro last round.

It?s all smiles for Broncos coach Anthony Griffin though, with the side welcoming back linchpin playmaker Peter Wallace after injury. The halfback?s return sees Ben Hunt revert to the interchange with Kurt Baptiste dropping out of the 17.

Meanwhile in Titans changes, Nate Myles shifts from prop to lock to cover for Harrison?s unavailability, with Luke Douglas promoted to start in the front row. Matthew White and Phil Graham are the new faces on the bench.

Expect a high-scoring affair ? seven of the past eight games have featured more than 30 points scored.

Footnote: Justin Hodges has tasted defeat at Suncorp Stadium just once since 2009!

Watch Out Broncos: Greg Bird always runs into form in the lead-up to Origin and he also likes to leave his stamp up against the best players. Playing for a struggling team Bird leads all second-rowers for hit-ups and territory (17.5 for 147.5 metres a match) and has 16 tackle busts and two line-breaks to his name. The Blues hopeful added 124 metres for Country last week and was a dynamo last time these sides met, making 20 hit-ups and 153 metres plus two offloads. He?ll provide plenty of mongrel going head to head with Sam Thaiday, Corey Parker and Alex Glenn and his enthusiasm could lift his team-mates.

Halfback Scott Prince is growing in confidence and cannot be underestimated. Despite his side totalling the second-fewest points each week (14), Prince has stats to rival the best in the league ? his eight try assists are the second most by a No.7 and he?s also provided five line-break assists and three line-breaks of his own.

Danger Sign: Should the Broncos ignore rookie five-eighth Aidan Sezer they?ll do so at their peril. The 20-year-old Emerging NSW Blues member scored a stunning solo try running to the line against the Sea Eagles, with a killer left-foot sidestep shedding the defence. He?s capable of even bigger things.

Watch Out Titans: If the Broncos? forwards lay a platform early and start rolling down the field with ease it could signal a long night for the Titans. Brisbane rank second in key attacking categories including metres gained (1426), line-breaks (5.3) and tackle-breaks (36.7). Meanwhile the Titans average the fewest line-breaks (three).

In particular Gold Coast need to halt the go-forward of Corey Parker and Sam Thaiday, who made a combined 239 metres last time the sides met. Also, fullback Josh Hoffman must be contained ? he?s averaging 169 metres and added 174 metres from 16 runs last outing against John Cartwright?s side.

Kicks remain a concern for the Titans ? they are defusing just 11 per cent of cross-field bombs and have conceded six tries to kicks. Brisbane have scored seven tries off the boot.

Danger Sign: After peppering the Titans? left-edge defence with short balls for Sam Thaiday and Ben Hannant, watch for halfback Peter Wallace to vary the play and grubber behind the tacklers for Corey Norman or Josh Hoffman. Jamie Lyon scored a soft try against the Titans this way two weeks ago and Norman scored for the Broncos against the Raiders last round too.

Justin Hodges v Jamal Idris: A mouth-watering duel between two of the strongest-running centres in the game, with Hodges leading his position for tackle busts (31) ? although Idris has a better game rate of nearly five a match from just three outings so far!

Man mountain Idris proved too tough for the Sea Eagles? defence last round, scoring his third try from as many games and making two line-breaks from only four runs, but he?ll find things a little harder against Hodges who is one of the best one-on-one defensive centres in the game (0.9 misses and 0.6 ineffective each week). Plus, Idris can expect to be the target of more than a few attacking forays, with Hodges churning out 138 metres each week and ranking second in the comp for offloads (20). He scored in both games against the Titans last year. In defence Idris is making just 2.3 tackles a match ? and is missing 1.7 a game. Clearly the game could be won ? or lost ? out wide.

Where It Will Be Won: Completions and errors. These sides struggled in both departments the last time they met (see below); whichever team manages the basics better on Friday night will likely get on the front foot. To date both coaches would be disappointed with their charges? error sheets, with the Titans making the fourth most (12.7) and the Broncos the seventh most (11.7). The Broncos are averaging a fair 75.5 per cent for their completions (fifth best) but the Titans are doing themselves few favours with a 69.5 per cent rate.

The History: Played 11; Broncos 8, Titans 3. The Broncos have won seven of the past eight, including the past five straight. The Broncos hold a 5-1 advantage at Suncorp Stadium.

The Last Time They Met: The Broncos beat the Titans 30-10 in a mistake-riddled clash at Suncorp Stadium in Round 19 last year.

Brisbane drew first blood when Sam Thaiday charged over in just the third minute before the Titans hit back almost immediately with captain Scott Prince throwing a superb 15-metre cut-out pass to winger Steve Michaels who plunged over in the left corner. Brisbane regained the lead on the half hour thanks to a show of Herculian strength from halfback Peter Wallace, who managed an improbable offload with Justin Hodges the eventual beneficiary on the right fringe. But then the Titans received a stroke of luck: a Scott Prince pass hit centre Bodene Thompson on the shoulder, with winger David Mead cleaning up the spoils and pushing through the distracted Broncos defence for a 10-all scoreline at the break.

Three unanswered Broncos tries in the second 40 ? including a back-to-back double by Jharal Yow Yeh ? secured the contest.

Just 30 seconds after the resumption Darren Lockyer sliced through from first receiver, lofting a pass to his winger who raced 50 metres to score. The pair combined again in the 68th minute when Lockyer hoisted a towering bomb from 40 metres out that drifted towards the right sideline; Yow Yeh snatched ball from the grasp of Titans fullback Luke Capewell 10 metres out and strolled over for a 24-10 lead.

Lockyer added his third try assist of the evening just minutes from fulltime, dabbing a centre-field grubber into the in-goal for Josh Hoffman to score.

The Broncos made 13 errors on the night and completed their sets at just 69 per cent ? but this was still better than the Titans? 15 errors and 63 per cent completions.

Match Officials: Referees ? Jared Maxwell & Adam Devcich; Sideline Officials ? Jason Walsh & Michael Wise; Video Referee ? Pat Reynolds.

The Way We See It: The planets aligned for the Titans last round when they beat a lethargic Manly. The Broncos, the most stable side in the comp apart from the Storm, won?t afford them the same latitude. The Titans haven?t won the week after a break since 2009 and traditionally struggle against Queensland opponents, winning just eight of 21 games played. Our crystal ball shows Brisbane by 12 points.

Televised: Channel 9 ? Live 7.30pm (Qld), delayed 9.30pm (NSW); Fox Sports 2 ? Delayed 1am.

? Statistics: NRL Stats

Ryan
25-04-12, 04:31 PM
Halfback Scott Prince is growing in confidence and cannot be underestimated. Despite his side totalling the second-fewest points each week (14), Prince has stats to rival the best in the league ? his eight try assists are the second most by a No.7 and he?s also provided five line-break assists and three line-breaks of his own.

Jeez, who would have known? Going by the clowns on this forum, you'd be convinced he's "past it" and reason the team is struggling :rolleyes:

Rage
25-04-12, 04:36 PM
^ I too felt the exact same way when I was reading the article :ugh:

Still, can't wait for the game! I've been lurking on other forums and it annoys me that other fans have pencilled in the round that they face us as a bye and a free 2 points. Really want the boys to show Bronco's what they've got, especially since this is the first FTA game all season.

teke
25-04-12, 05:05 PM
Jeez, who would have known? Going by the clowns on this forum, you'd be convinced he's "past it" and reason the team is struggling :rolleyes:Before I read that I was sure he was leading the try assists.

Princey's Titanz
25-04-12, 05:54 PM
We depend on Prince too much. Thats how i would answer it. Hopefully Sezer can start assisting tries so we do not have to entirely depend on Prince to set up tries.

This will make Titans less predictable.

I have a good feeling about our halves combination of Prince and Sezer.

People who dont want Prince dont want the best for the Titans IMO. Without Prince we dont have a capable playmaker who will lead from the front and try to create tries.

Rage
25-04-12, 06:02 PM
Wayne Heming AAP Wed, Apr 25, 2012 - 1:51 PM

Brisbane coach Anthony Griffin admits he has crammed up as much as possible on Gold Coast rookie five-eighth Aidan Sezer ahead of Friday night's NRL derby at Suncorp Stadium.

Despite playing just one NRL game - a cracker against Manly at Brookvale Oval earlier this month - the 20-year-old Bulldogs cast-off has commanded as much attention this week as the likes of Scott Prince, Greg Bird and Jamal Idris.

The clash between the 94kg Sezer and Brisbane's 96kg five-eighth Corey Norman, who is just six months younger, will be a highlight.

"I haven't seen much of him in the 20s but I certainly took notice of his game against Manly," said Griffin, a big believer in giving young players an opportunity.

"We're doing our homework on him.

"He's obviously a bright young talent who is a good runner of the football.

"They've given him a chance for a reason and that performance against Manly is only going to help his confidence."

A number of Brisbane's young players including winger Dale Copley rates Sezer a future star after having played against him in the under 20s competition.

"I've seen a bit of him in the Toyota Cup (U-20s) and played against him in the first round of the Queensland Cup and he tore us to shreds," said Copley.

"He's a very dangerous player who seems to get through the line a lot. We have to be on our toes not to take any dummies."

Sezer's display against the premiers, which included a try, impressed many including teammate Greg Bird who dubbed the former Sydney East Hills Bulldogs junior "The Natural".

Bird, who's worn the No.6 for NSW, said Sezer was a natural five-eighth with a lot more skill than he had.

"He was special against Manly," said Bird.

Griffin said the Titans were in really good form.

"They were a bit stiff not to beat Canterbury and the Roosters before they upset Manly at Brookvale Oval.

"To go down to Manly and beat Manly at Brookvale, nobody else has been able to do that for the last 18 months or so."

Griffin believes Gold Coast's highly-publicised off-field financial dramas have pulled their playing group together.

"You can see the way they've come together over the last two to three weeks and they're playing their best football," he said.

"The two wins they've had, they've beaten the Cowboys and Manly on the road which is pretty hard to do."

"We've got an enormous amount of respect for them and we know when we play the Gold Coast, it's 'game on' no matter where we are on the ladder.

With Beau Champion (nerve in neck) ruled out, all eyes will be on damaging centre Idris who will undergo a final test on his hamstring at training on Thursday morning.

DavidBouveng
25-04-12, 06:06 PM
Before I read that I was sure he was leading the try assists.

he would have been close, but cooper cronk is miles ahead cos 6 of his 15 try assists were in one game.

take that out and prince is right up there with him.

DIEHARD
25-04-12, 08:49 PM
I'm in row 25 of the Away Supporters Bay. :thumbsup:

securitron_ch
26-04-12, 08:01 AM
Assume Graham came in as 18th man instead of Rankin because Idris is less than 100%. Anyone know anything about this????

Graham also has a pretty good history of shutting down Hodges and Thaiday in defence which is generally a pretty hard job.

TITAN PETE
26-04-12, 08:17 AM
Assume Graham came in as 18th man instead of Rankin because Idris is less than 100%. Anyone know anything about this????

Graham also has a pretty good history of shutting down Hodges and Thaiday in defence which is generally a pretty hard job.

Its no secret about Idriss & his hamstring problem , they can take months to heal properly but if we can get half a match out of him thats better than not having him out there at all , Thompson or Graham will be able to hold their own against Hodges :thumbsup:

Titanic
26-04-12, 09:41 AM
Hodges is always holding his own ... :doh:

shamus
26-04-12, 04:05 PM
Broncos 1.26
Titans 3.85

https://tatts.com/sports/rugby-league/nrl-/nrl-round-8

Titans now $4.10

taken us @ 10.50 for 13+

I got em at $11

Nick
26-04-12, 04:53 PM
Titans now $4.10
I got em at $11

Its a given.. easy money :D haha

Cant wait for the game tomorrow.. nothing better straight after work.

edit: its climbing further and further.. $4.30 / $11.50 now! Is there some injury concerns in the camp? I dont understand how the broncs can be such favourites?! dont mind anyway

gotitans101
26-04-12, 06:18 PM
Seems rain will be on the increase tomorrow according to the forecast for Brisbane issued by the BoM. Not sure who that would benefit more?

Rage
26-04-12, 07:19 PM
By Wayne Heming and Tony Bartlett AAP Thu, Apr 26, 2012 - 4:14 PM

Gold Coast coach John Cartwright has declared towering Titans centre Jamal Idris ready to inflict 80 minutes of pain on Brisbane in Friday night's NRL derby at Suncorp Stadium.

The Titans' prized off-season recruit is yet to make his mark at his new NRL club after battling early-season injuries.

But up against the Broncos, and in particular a world-class opponent in Justin Hodges, he has an opportunity to prove he's worth the big money thrown at him.

Restricted to boxing and aerobic work earlier in the week, the game's biggest centre shrugged off any lingering doubts about his hamstring during a strong training session at Skilled Park on Thursday morning.

"It's been six weeks since the injury now; they said a four to six week injury," said Cartwright, happy with Idris's work.

"He's had a bit of football but we haven't over-used him and hopefully he's 100 per cent for tomorrow night.

"I haven't spoken to the physio yet but I'm hopeful that if he starts the game he'll be right for the 80 minutes."

While at 194cm and 115kg his sheer size alone makes him a nightmare to defend close to the line, Idris could be in for a tough night himself up against the in-form Hodges, who's overcome his own hamstring dramas.

Brisbane coach Anthony Griffin has issued a watch on Titans playmaker Scott Prince and young rookie five-eighth Aidan Sezer, who sparkled in his NRL debut upset against Manly.

"Scotty Prince is in the best form I've seen for a while," noted Griffin.

"With Sezer on the other side, with his left foot, they've got some variety in their kicking game so there is a bit more to shut down."

The Gold Coast's kick and chase game against Manly was first-class and Griffin agreed Sezer's clash with young Brisbane No.6 Corey Norman could be a look into the future.

One NRL game isn't a lot to work on but Griffin, an astute student of the game, saw enough of Sezer's debut to know he is a good player.

"That's as good a debut you could see against Manly at Manly," he said.

"He did it all; he ran, he kicked, he passed and whatever he did he seemed to have a bit of time to do which is a sign of a bit of class."

Prince said his new combination with Sezer was showing "a lot of promise".

"It's coming along quite nicely. His kicking game is outstanding which helps me immensely," said Prince.

"Having a left-footer really takes the pressure off myself and Matty Srama at dummy-half as well. It's a work in progress."

Titans coach John Cartwright dismissed suggestions the club's upset win over Manly at Brookvale Oval was down to a big dose of luck.

"It wasn't a fluke," he said.

"You don't win first grade games by fluke. It was a tough win; they worked really hard for it, but it's about being consistent and turning up with the same attitude and doing the same things right."

mikeyba
26-04-12, 07:36 PM
Is this game being broadcast live anywhere both nine and nbn seem to have it scheduled as the late game

patskE
26-04-12, 07:45 PM
i have noticed on gem i think it is, they show the 930 game at 730(if its the same time zone)

Titanic
26-04-12, 09:08 PM
I wish Cartwright would shut up and let the players do the talking on the field.

TITAN PETE
27-04-12, 07:20 AM
PRINCE: Doesn't get better than this
Scott Prince | 12:01am April 27, 2012

WE'RE back under the glare of Friday night lights.

The local derby against the Broncos at Suncorp, the spiritual home of rugby league in Australia. It doesn't get any better than this.

Ask any NRL player when he would rather play and I would bet my last dollar that more than 90 per cent would say Friday night.

Just like most punters, players can't wait for the weekend games to start and so that makes the first game, Friday night, so special.

But for the players there are other reasons to prefer Friday nights.

A Friday night game brings with it a unique routine. Normally it means that you have the weekend off before training resumes on Monday. Suddenly you are back in the realms of the "normal world' and working Monday to Friday.

You are more in sync with your family and therefore more settled. There seems to be fewer stresses on your day-to-day life. It all comes back to routine and most people operate better with a set routine.

For rugby league players, we know that our games can be spread across four days -- Friday through to Monday night. That's just a hassle you have to cope with and training staff attempt to keep the routine as normal as possible.

So, if one team has a mortgage on Friday night games, to me that is a massive advantage. The most significant is recovery, which is such a big part of today's game. A full seven-day recovery is the ultimate preparation for the next game.

So far this season the Broncos have played every Friday night. I am not saying that is the sole reason they are running second, having dropped only one game.

But I am saying that from a player's perspective I would much rather have their draw than the Titans (six Saturdays, one Friday, one Sunday in the first eight rounds) or the Cowboys (five Saturdays, one Friday, one Sunday, one Monday).

I appreciate there are all sorts of forces at play here such as free-to-air television ratings concerns and the fact that the Broncos obviously have a larger TV audience than the other two Queensland teams.

But surely if there is an advantage in consistently playing on a Friday night then that doesn't make for a fair playing field if one team is almost always under the Friday night spotlight.

For the first eight rounds of this season Broncos players have been in a set routine. In a game of one percenters, that advantage alone can have a decisive influence on-field.

Putting together the NRL draw cannot be easy and you can't please everyone, but surely this is one area that deserves a second look with a more even share of Friday night games all around.

Here is a rundown of how many Friday night games each team will have had after this weekend:

Broncos 8, Dragons 4, Newcastle 4, Tigers 3, Eels 2, Sea Eagles 2, Bulldogs 2, Rabbitohs 2, Panthers 1, Storm 1, Raiders 1, Titans 1, Cowboys 1, Warriors 0, Sharks 0, Roosters 0.

TITAN PETE
27-04-12, 07:37 AM
PRINCE: Doesn't get better than this
Scott Prince | 12:01am April 27, 2012

So far this season the Broncos have played every Friday night. I am not saying that is the sole reason they are running second, having dropped only one game.

Broncos 8, Dragons 4, Newcastle 4, Tigers 3, Eels 2, Sea Eagles 2, Bulldogs 2, Rabbitohs 2, Panthers 1, Storm 1, Raiders 1, Titans 1, Cowboys 1, Warriors 0, Sharks 0, Roosters 0.

They have another 5 Friday night games out of the next 9 rounds + a bye where as we have only 1 other Friday night match against the Dragons & the only other match we will probably play on a Friday this season is against who,,, yes the Donkeys in round 20 :rolleyes:

securitron_ch
27-04-12, 07:55 AM
The Broncos getting favourable treatment. Who would have imagined such a thing?

:doh:

karnage
27-04-12, 09:11 AM
QUESTION:
When was the last time the Gold Coast Titans won two matches in a row??

ANSWER
Round 26 and Finals Week 1 TWO THOUSAND AND TEN!!!!!!

That stat is sourced from today's Courier Mail. And people wonder why there has been discontent in this forum and a call for Cartwright's head. Our opposition is about 3-1 on to prevent us from breaking this trend.

I could not imagine a better game to right 18 months of wrongs!!

TITAN PETE
27-04-12, 09:32 AM
QUESTION:
When was the last time the Gold Coast Titans won two matches in a row??

ANSWER
Round 26 and Finals Week 1 TWO THOUSAND AND TEN!!!!!!

That stat is sourced from today's Courier Mail. And people wonder why there has been discontent in this forum and a call for Cartwright's head. Our opposition is about 3-1 on to prevent us from breaking this trend.

I could not imagine a better game to right 18 months of wrongs!!

It will be rolling very soon ;)

DavidBouveng
27-04-12, 09:51 AM
The Broncos getting favourable treatment. Who would have imagined such a thing?

:doh:

i think ive read somewhere the broncos dont like playing friday nights

they request from the NRL each year to play sunday so they can get more families and bigger crowds.

But channel 9 put the biggest rating team on there biggest rating slot.

footy teams are just a movie / tv show to channel 9, and brisbane are a james cameron or pixar blockbuster as far as ratings go and we are a straight to DVD release.

so brisbane arent actually getting what they want and CH 9 are doing whats best for them financially....but it still sucks and the ARLC need to address it when they go to battle for the TV rights.

Titanic
27-04-12, 10:34 AM
Brisbane players love it ... every home weekend off, perfectly scheduled trainings ... professional footballers dream ... anything else is smoke & mirrors.

karnage
27-04-12, 11:39 AM
i think ive read somewhere the broncos dont like playing friday nights

they request from the NRL each year to play sunday so they can get more families and bigger crowds.

But channel 9 put the biggest rating team on there biggest rating slot.

footy teams are just a movie / tv show to channel 9, and brisbane are a james cameron or pixar blockbuster as far as ratings go and we are a straight to DVD release.

so brisbane arent actually getting what they want and CH 9 are doing whats best for them financially....but it still sucks and the ARLC need to address it when they go to battle for the TV rights.

Straight to DVD release.... HILARIOUS!!:laugh:

Lately we've been a straight to DVD release with Tori Spelling playing halfback!!:p

securitron_ch
27-04-12, 12:13 PM
The Broncos not getting exactly what they want does not mean that the Broncos don't get favourable treatment.

I don't think there would be too many teams that would not want to switch their random game schedules for the predictable Broncos one.

decentrix
27-04-12, 04:51 PM
Just had a quick squiz at the broncos fan forum, hehehe so confident. It will be good to turn all that confidence they have into mush after we put them down tonight.

Just stole this from their forum:

Titans better on paper? Yeah nah. lol.

1. Zillman Vs Hoffman - Hoffman
2. Gordon Vs Beale - Gordon
3. Idris Vs Reed - Reed is better but let's make this an even comparison just to clear any bias.
4. Peyroux Vs Hodges - Hodges
5. Mead Vs Copley - Mead
6. Sezar Vs Norman - Norman
7. Prince Vs Wallace - Prince (Wallace is in way better form BUT Prince is better "on paper"..)
8. Bailey Vs Hannant - Hannant
9. Srama Vs McCollough - Macca
10. Douglas Vs Civoniceva - Civoniceva
11. Myles Vs Glenn - Myles
12. O'Dwyer Vs Thaiday - Thaiday
13. Harrison Vs Parker - Parker

Minicheillo, Henderson, Thompson and Bird Vs Teo, Hunt, McGuire, Gillett - Bench is an OBVIOUS clear winner to us.

So that's:

Broncos - 9 (Including the bench)
Titans - 4
Equal - 1

And if you REALLY want to, to avoid any ridiculous bias (which, I don't think I have been, I've been fair with it I believe) But just for the sake of the argument, let's give them 2 back. It would still be a win to us on paper.

In conclusion, Toidans fans have NFI.

TitansFan2020
27-04-12, 04:57 PM
Idris is better
Prince is better
Sezer is better
Bird is better
Srama is better
Parker better than harrison, get some glasses?? haha

trust broncos fans to not know whos playing and whos not...

gotitans101
27-04-12, 05:04 PM
Sezer is better

He's played one game for us at first grade level and you already class him better than Norman?

Bit early to say that imo.

decentrix
27-04-12, 05:06 PM
Making those corrections, that brings it to be a close game. "On Paper" 6-7 in favor of us!

decentrix
27-04-12, 05:25 PM
Just in
If the titans win tonight, Shane Webke will be wearing a titans tie next time he reads the news, if we lose, Gilly is going to wear a qld jersey to our first training session back next week.

Nick
27-04-12, 06:20 PM
Lets hope we can dictate terms out there tonight.. side is the same as that named 1 -17

Nick
27-04-12, 06:46 PM
Great defence from Julius to stop hoffman

Nick
27-04-12, 06:48 PM
Prince is on song.. great intercept.. dom and kevie terrible drop balls!!!

Boofhead
27-04-12, 06:59 PM
Hook Peyroux now.

If we are any chance.

Nick
27-04-12, 07:00 PM
Peyroux is having an absolute shocker. We have looked good, we just need to hold the ball!!!

Titanic
27-04-12, 07:01 PM
you beat me to it Peyroux has gone soft

securitron_ch
27-04-12, 07:02 PM
Peyroux is a bum.

Nick
27-04-12, 07:06 PM
That was soft.
We just need the ball and need to hold onto it!

Boofhead
27-04-12, 07:07 PM
Turning the TV off.

securitron_ch
27-04-12, 07:07 PM
That was schoolboy stuff :(

Nick
27-04-12, 07:11 PM
Peyroux again.
we were let off the hook then.

securitron_ch
27-04-12, 07:13 PM
Touchie might have saved Peyroux's career. That was terrible defence.

Boofhead
27-04-12, 07:13 PM
Peyroux again.
we were let off the hook then.

Bodene would be lovely grub in the centers. Henderson just come on...

Noddy1979
27-04-12, 07:14 PM
Nothing to say except......Sack Cartwright

Titanic
27-04-12, 07:18 PM
Henderson you farkin' moron

amaline
27-04-12, 07:18 PM
A lovely pass by Henderson.

Jamal's Hamstring
27-04-12, 07:19 PM
Never mind Cartwright, this playing group needs to take a long hard look at themselves. On paper it should be a decent team even with a mong coach.

Pride in the jumper? I am not convinced. Maybe a product of the mercenary culture we have created?

Nick
27-04-12, 07:20 PM
this is hard to watch at times.. just complete a set properly.
Thats better.. prince to the left, sezer to the right. sezer looks fairly competent in defence at least.. hook Peyroux though!

Boofhead
27-04-12, 07:24 PM
I feel sorry for any Titans fan who made the trip up. Don't get your hopes up, we wont score a point.

Nick
27-04-12, 07:26 PM
We cant play henderson and white at the same time. they give us absolutely no go forward.
we looked good for the first 5 mins.

Jamal's Hamstring
27-04-12, 07:26 PM
I can't see how this gets fixed. I hate to sink the boot in but fark.

It's almost time for a five year plan. Accept the short term hurt, clear some dead wood, develop and invest in some youth. No recruiting is going to save us now. It's time to play the long game.

teke
27-04-12, 07:28 PM
We cant play henderson and white at the same time. they give us absolutely no go forward.
we looked good for the first 5 mins.:laugh:

I forgot those 2 were around until they decided they could help the team by doing hitups.

Carty mighty have to call Hendos bluff with the photos :eyebrows:

gotitans101
27-04-12, 07:29 PM
Just as I expected, back to our old tricks again.

BTW I don't think White has been too bad..Henderson on the other hand...why is he there again?

Jamal's Hamstring
27-04-12, 07:30 PM
Just as I expected, back to our old tricks again.

BTW I don't think White has been too bad..Henderson on the other hand...why is he there again?

Because Bj needs to get fitter.

decentrix
27-04-12, 07:30 PM
I'm not giving up just yet, if Nate can get a knock like that and still hold onto the legs of hodges... It still means that at least one person wants to win.

teke
27-04-12, 07:31 PM
I'm not giving up just yet, if Nate can get a knock like that and still hold onto the legs of hodges... It still means that at least one person wants to win.:laugh: :laugh:

Boofhead
27-04-12, 07:31 PM
Worried about the blokes on 13+ I'm stressed about Bromcos 1-12...

Boofhead
27-04-12, 07:33 PM
Carty should be given 5 weeks...

Toads
27-04-12, 07:33 PM
Ahh well, going by the first half. It's clearly obvious we ****d the win against Manly a couple of weeks ago. As all the old mistakes have crept back in our game. Only stand out that has saved our hide so far is Meady, constantly taking the pill under pressure. Sezer seems awfully quiet as well..

decentrix
27-04-12, 07:35 PM
Anyone else notice how quiet the crowd is when we have the ball? I'm pretty sure you'd hear me burp if i was there :S

shamus
27-04-12, 07:35 PM
Worried about the blokes on 13+ I'm stressed about Bromcos 1-12...

:doh: I have done my money. Titans at 13+ well that ain't gunna happen. :nope:

Jamal's Hamstring
27-04-12, 07:36 PM
Sezer is playing game two. Let's not get too carried away lest we suffocate him with expectation.

MJF
This is a lazy, poorly coached illdisaplined side. They are the antithesis of the broncos. Our movement in defense is horrible we are not getting off the line and have no lateral movement at all.

This team will not improve until the coach goes.

gotitans101
Prince was looking good too till the rest of the team decided to **** it up for him. Can't really get much out of your halves when the the rest of the team cant hold onto the ball.

**** off already Carty. No other explanation for this rabble.

Boofhead
27-04-12, 07:37 PM
Sezer is going alright. Probably in the top 3... Everyone is being ordinary.

Jamal's Hamstring
27-04-12, 07:40 PM
I don't get what Cartwright has to do with it unless the team simply refuses to play for him.

Coaches don't drop balls. Coaches don't miss tackles. Nrl players should have the fundamentals under control.

There is no quick fix. It's cultural. Coach won't fix it in the short term. Look at Bennett and the Knights.

No fan of Cartwright but let's no delude ourselves.

Nick
27-04-12, 07:41 PM
Odwyer made some simple misses in that half. never been a fan of the bloke.

Im still positive about my 13 + :S haha

DavidBouveng
27-04-12, 07:42 PM
Mini and bodene both offered great impact.

If we were level or close they could have turned it our way.

Hendo and peyroux are woeful.

Steelers
27-04-12, 07:45 PM
Why did they wait until 4th tackle to go wide in that set??? This is why they are cellar dwellers.

Steelers
27-04-12, 07:51 PM
There we go. Game on?

Nick
27-04-12, 07:51 PM
Meady what a run.

Loved Srama getting past Glenn.. hate the guy

Good onya Peyroux for redeeming a little.. 3 more tries and it will make up for the first half

travis burch
27-04-12, 07:52 PM
that was great to watch:banana:

Supergoose
You beauty. Dom has scored a great try. Excellent lead-up with good support and plenty of broken tackles. No-one panicked. He didn't deserve to have a first half like he did, not sure what happened but both he and Henderson have had a good start to the 2nd half

Nick
Prince dictated terms then.. good on him.

DavidBouveng
27-04-12, 07:53 PM
Mead is a beast. That's what he could offer from fullback.

I have no idea why they are targeting him instead ofcgordon who is way worse under high ball.

Toads
another line break 'n no one within cooee to back Meady up. @#&%!!!

Nick
Gordon was close to catching that.

Nick
27-04-12, 07:54 PM
Mead is on fire that hit up was great

DavidBouveng
27-04-12, 07:59 PM
Mini has been great as the impact player.

We've all said it since pre season.

securitron_ch
27-04-12, 08:00 PM
Why show concern for that dog Hodges? Roles reversed he would have put a swinging arm into Idris. God I hate that cheap fark.

amaline
27-04-12, 08:00 PM
I don't get what Cartwright has to do with it unless the team simply refuses to play for him.

Coaches don't drop balls. Coaches don't miss tackles. Nrl players should have the fundamentals under control.

There is no quick fix. It's cultural. Coach won't fix it in the short term. Look at Bennett and the Knights.

No fan of Cartwright but let's no delude ourselves.

I assume he has a say in both recruitment and retention. He picks the team. He doesn't like promoting youth/players without NRL experience. For all the players we signed in the off season, we are still playing the exact same style of football that won us the spoon last year. If nothing else, getting rid of Cartwright will be seen as the club doing something to turn this mess around.

decentrix
27-04-12, 08:01 PM
PUNCHUPPPP
Wheres James when ya need him

DavidBouveng
27-04-12, 08:06 PM
Well need two threads for this game discussion this week. One for first half and one for the second.

Can we settle for three out of 4 good halves of football in last two games?

securitron_ch
27-04-12, 08:06 PM
We have looked really good second half. Such a shame we put ourselves so far behind the eight ball with simple mistakes and sloppy defence early

amaline
27-04-12, 08:07 PM
Why show concern for that dog Hodges? Roles reversed he would have put a swinging arm into Idris. God I hate that cheap fark.

I think you answered your own question. You hate Hodges because he would have put a swinging arm in. So why would you want Idris to do the same?

Jamal's Hamstring
27-04-12, 08:08 PM
I assume he has a say in both recruitment and retention. He picks the team. He doesn't like promoting youth/players without NRL experience. For all the players we signed in the off season, we are still playing the exact same style of football that won us the spoon last year. If nothing else, getting rid of Cartwright will be seen as the club doing something to turn this mess around.

Recruited a team we thought would go top four...

securitron_ch
27-04-12, 08:12 PM
I think you answered your own question. You hate Hodges because he would have put a swinging arm in. So why would you want Idris to do the same?

Yeah fair enough. Maybe just hoping Idris would hit him so hard I never had to see him play again. Fine if he does it in the run of normal play.

Nice brain explosion by the ref to award that

Boofhead
27-04-12, 08:13 PM
Doesn't help when the Maxwell hates titans.

Nick
27-04-12, 08:14 PM
that try was bull$hit

securitron_ch
27-04-12, 08:15 PM
That was just bizarre I think there were literally 2 people in the world thinking that was anything but a knock on being the 2 refs on field.

DavidBouveng
27-04-12, 08:20 PM
Zill and meady have had a good combo all night.

They will start really slicing some teams up soon.

Titanic Believer
27-04-12, 08:21 PM
two years of inconsistency and excuses. can't sack the whole team. in fact anyone who comes into the team seems to acquire the same ill discipline and lack of concentration. the only common denominator is the coach. good coaches bring out the best in players not mediocrity. I like Carty but I have come to the conclusion that he must be a big part of this teams problem.

Smakked
27-04-12, 08:21 PM
Well what can you say that hasn't been said before?

TITAN PETE
27-04-12, 08:22 PM
Back to Back Spoons , here we come

Supergoose
27-04-12, 08:23 PM
We can't expect to hand any team but especially Brisbane 20 points and come up with a win. For the most part we defended well but we let ourselves down coming out of our own end in the first half. We need another win soon though to erase this one. Looking forward to seeing us at full strength soon.

decentrix
27-04-12, 08:24 PM
Bring on Ryan James' return, we have no IMPACT!

DavidBouveng
27-04-12, 08:26 PM
Try was bull****. Reffing second half was ****.

They were lying all over us. Even zillman blew up once, and he barely makes a peep usually.

securitron_ch
27-04-12, 08:27 PM
We should have taken the 2 in case spoon comes down to F/A

Supergoose
27-04-12, 08:29 PM
I have no doubt that Idris is playing on the wrong side of the field. Why are we persisting with this? Gordon looked average tonight and I don't think it helps that he has Idris inside him who wants to cut in all the time. Idris showed us some good things and he is a selfless player who will give Mead some quality ball , he is simply on the wrong side. I don't care what we do on the left, we need our best players in their best positions.

Toads
27-04-12, 08:29 PM
That reality smacked me right between the eyes as well tonight. The odd moments of briiliance is quickly dashed by a handful of @$#% up's every bloody time..

teke
27-04-12, 08:31 PM
Good 2nd Half from the Titans, they punished us in the 1st half when our Q Cup boys were on which begs the question why were our guns off for so dam long?

Big pat on the back to Mead who did the job for 2 other players in defence and attack. He was punished tonight and came up looking alright.

Massive difference between Wallaces nice cross field kicks compared to Princes bombs but they came about because of the lead up work.

teke
27-04-12, 08:34 PM
I have no doubt that Idris is playing on the wrong side of the field. Why are we persisting with this? Gordon looked average tonight and I don't think it helps that he has Idris inside him who wants to cut in all the time. Idris showed us some good things and he is a selfless player who will give Mead some quality ball , he is simply on the wrong side. I don't care what we do on the left, we need our best players in their best positions.Idris is on the wrong side, there is no if's or buts about it. Only our coach can put him out of position when he has played 90% of his career on the other side :doh:

Idris needs to get the f. over to the right and start tearing in.

securitron_ch
27-04-12, 08:36 PM
Completely agree that Idris is on the wrong side. Why recruit a "marquee player" then put him somewhere else as first order of business?

Boofhead
27-04-12, 08:42 PM
We have a Dilemma.

We have two right centers but we won't play them in their preferred position. Peyroux showed us tonight that he not up to first grade, I'm sure a lot of us knew this. Play Jamal the bloke we are paying big bucks in his preferred side and Champion on the left.

O'Dwyer and Henderson ain't cutting it. Blood some young fellas.

Prince was great tonight, Sezer was solid.

We missed Ash in defense.

Mead was great.

Zillman solid.

We under estimated the Broncos, they pulled our pants down.

I need more bundy.

Jamal's Hamstring
27-04-12, 08:42 PM
two years of inconsistency and excuses. can't sack the whole team. in fact anyone who comes into the team seems to acquire the same ill discipline and lack of concentration. the only common denominator is the coach. good coaches bring out the best in players not mediocrity. I like Carty but I have come to the conclusion that he must be a big part of this teams problem.

A new coach isn't a magic bullet though. We are in this for the long haul.

Five year plan I tells ya.

Boofhead
27-04-12, 08:47 PM

We can beat Parra Pete. I look at Penrith, Knights and think we can get over them too. I don't think I could take another spoon, not with the squad we got.

Jamal's Hamstring
27-04-12, 08:49 PM
There were some positives... just another case of so close and yet so far. Seems to be our story this year.

teke
27-04-12, 08:53 PM
We have a Dilemma.

We have two right centers but we won't play them in their preferred position. Peyroux showed us tonight that he not up to first grade, I'm sure a lot of us knew this. Play Jamal the bloke we are paying big bucks in his preferred side and Champion on the left.

O'Dwyer and Henderson ain't cutting it. Blood some young fellas.

Prince was great tonight, Sezer was solid.

We missed Ash in defense.

Mead was great.

Zillman solid.

We under estimated the Broncos, they pulled our pants down.

I need more bundy.Champion on the left will be good, natural right to left passing game who will put Kev into some space.

Harros defence was def missed.

Boofhead
27-04-12, 09:41 PM
Anyone want to get deep and meaningful about the game?

Jamal's Hamstring
27-04-12, 09:47 PM
Srama is the best player we have. Sezer and Mead need to be retained. Every other player could be shopped.

How deep do you want?

karnage
27-04-12, 09:57 PM
That was an absolutely pathetic showing from our team tonight. There is absolutely no point in taking positives from the second half when we conceded 20 of the softest points you would see in NRL football.

The first try was conceded from a Mead dropped bomb - but I won't dump on Mead because he was generally solid overall. Prince on the other hand I will dump on. He made contact with Glenn about 5m short of the line but failed to 'hit and stick' as any teenage player is told to do and by the time Gillette crashed over he wasn't even laying a hand on him. People say Prince had a great game but when the score was nil all his pathetic defence led to the opener. Who cares if he lays on a try when the horse has already bolted?? When the game was there to be won he failed to measure up as a Captain should. The fan boys who want to talk up his try assists or some other pointless stat should just watch a game. This in not the NFL. He is not Tom Brady and he can't run off the field and leave the tackling to somebody else. He is a defensive liability who puts pressure on every player who patrols his side of the field.

How about the McCullough try from dummy half?? That would be a bad joke if it wasn't for the fact that Sean Kenny-Dowell had scored an identically soft try only 2 games ago. Does our pathetic coaching staff conduct any video review sessions??

Peyroux missed a tackle that led directly to a try that was sub-NRL standard. I won't bag him out too much. What's the point?? We all know that we won't be winning a premiership or even being competitive with top 4 teams consistently with the likes of Peyroux running around at centre.

And then there is the try on the stroke of half time. Myles and Hodges both got hurt and led to a halt in play of atleast 90 seconds so we had time to have a breather and set the defensive line for one play. What happens?? We fail to number up and concede a try that should not be scored against a first grade defence.

How about Jamal?? I think he only touched the ball one time in the opening 30 minutes. Great game plan Carty. Leave the fat bludger that we paid millions of dollars to out in the centres and send NOTHING his way.

And then I get to my favourite topic: HENDERSON!! What on Earth did he offer to the team tonight?? The answer is simple - exactly what he has offered us every other time he has laced up a boot for us. NOTHING!! He is a complete and utter liability and the idiot that continues to select him should pack both of their bags at the same time and never associate with our team again. The forward pass that he threw on to Zillman's back was the absolute low light in what was a night of absolute disappointment.

We are MILES off the pace to make the top 8 and we are LIGHTYEARS off the pace to win a premiership. We are a bad team on the field and we are worse off it. I'll continue to turn up and support the team as I did last year but I see little reason for any optimism.

karnage
27-04-12, 10:00 PM
Anyone want to get deep and meaningful about the game?

How's that for deep and meaningful??:laugh:

Jamal's Hamstring
27-04-12, 10:02 PM
The reason for optimism is that the only way is up.

Five year plan! Five year plan!

Boofhead
27-04-12, 10:05 PM
How's that for deep and meaningful??:laugh:

Feels good. Hug it out!

Boofhead
27-04-12, 10:14 PM
1. Zillman
2. Gordon
3. Champion
4. Idris
5. Mead
6. Sezer
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. Douglas
11. Bird
12. Myles
13. Harrison

14. White
15. Ridge
16. Minichiello (Front Row)
17. Thompson

Should flog the Tigers. Whats the story with Champion?

teke
27-04-12, 10:17 PM
How about the McCullough try from dummy half?? That would be a bad joke if it wasn't for the fact that Sean Kenny-Dowell had scored an identically soft try only 2 games ago. Does our pathetic coaching staff conduct any video review sessions??The Titans are guilty of letting through this type of try on more than 5 times in the last 2 seasons. Terrible terrible terrible.

karnage
27-04-12, 10:19 PM
Feels good. Hug it out!

"Where beer in a mug warms you like a hug..."

Flaming Moes!!

teke
27-04-12, 10:23 PM
I expected a loss so the result was not a shock.

It's stooooopid stoopid errors that are killing this team.

gotitans101
27-04-12, 10:30 PM
and people wonder why we don't get any free to air time.

jesus.

shamus
27-04-12, 10:48 PM
Not all negatives tonight....
1/ We scored points so still haven't been held to zip yet. (yet)

2/ The 20's won....

3/ So did Manly.

There has to be more but I am pi$$ed and it is after 10:30 so goodnight.

Princey's Titanz
27-04-12, 11:02 PM
i think we were unlucky when some reffing decisions didnt go our way. I missed out on the 1st half but i watched the 2nd and i actually thought we looked much better then the Broncos.

I have to watch the first half and see how bad we actually played.

Seems to me that Dom is a 2nd rower. He does not pass at all. I feel sorry for Mead.

I dont get why we look so good on paper but so S*** in the game. Im extremely fustrated.

Chaos
27-04-12, 11:04 PM
Titans played better in the second halve because they played without structure.

I saw 2 set plays in the first halve involving an inside ball to Zillman.
The first had Minichello as the ball player, who dummied and got nail by Gillette. (Zillman was in a hole if he got the ball)
The second had Henderson as the ball player throwing a forward pass like an eight year old.

They would have to be the worst two ball players in the NRL and they are constructing our set plays...surely Carty didn't train for that...or did he?

Defense...how slow was our line speed and why didn't we condense the ruck area?
I know we miss Harrison but having too many dumb forwards doesn't give us any attacking defense.

Karnage,
Prince's defense is frustrating but he saved us a couple of times by reading the play...the only other player that was reading the Broncos in defense was Idris.

Positive...Sezer looks physically strong
Negative...Cartwright is his coach

Titanic Believer
28-04-12, 06:43 AM
There were some positives... just another case of so close and yet so far. Seems to be our story this year.

Can you tell me when we were so close?! Typical of the last few years after the cart has bolted to make it look not so bad in the end. We won the half. It has been endemic in Titan culture. The opposite is when they have a team on the ropes they let them back into it. That's why we have never blown a team away. I can only see a change of coach and culture as the solution. I don't say it lightly, I have been generally supportive of the coach but at some time a change is required and it isn't the playing personel. If he was a company manager he would have gone a long time ago for not meeting KPIs.

MightyTitans
28-04-12, 07:35 AM
I think the titans need to stick to a bash them up the middle gameplan until they get into the opposition 20, similiar to what i saw in the trial vs brissy and what we did against manly that is our winning formula.

We need a focus on completing our sets, its the major thing that is letting us down at the moment.

Our prop rotation needs to be
Bailey
Douglas

White
Lawrence

C-Whiz
28-04-12, 08:27 AM
We are sh!t. Why sugar coat it? If we showed we have the ability to play like we did last week and then turn out like this last night, the buck has to stop with someone. Any guesses?

I'm now glad I didn't waste any more money on membership in 2012. I'm no fair weather supporter, but why should the fans care if the team, and more importantly the coaching staff ,can continuously give such BS performances?

I'll put money on Cartwright coming out and saying there were plenty of positives to come out of the game, we can take a lot away from the loss, discipline is letting us down, we need more respect for possession.... in other words the same sh!t he has been spruiking for the past couple of years.

I'm over it. Get a new coach who can utilise the talent, make tough decisions, drop players who are sh!t and get the team back into a winning culture. Otherwise you will lose the fan base you have. Getting beaten is one thing, being a losing team with a losing culture is not on. Make the change the club needs to make.

C-Whiz
28-04-12, 08:30 AM
We should have taken the 2 in case spoon comes down to F/AWe will be VERY lucky if it comes down to that, judging by the season so far.

Ryan
28-04-12, 08:42 AM
Thank **** I didn't get a chance to run into a TAB after work last night! :ugh:

The team couldn't be ****ed holding onto the ball for 50mins, and I couldn't be ****ed writing about....

I reckon Corey Parker & Ben Creagh should have a race - see who runs faster backwards....

DavidBouveng
28-04-12, 09:38 AM
seeing the mccullough try, i noticed we only had one marker.

We also did that a bit earlier.

is that a tactic on the line to have one marker or just terrible presence of mind?

Chaos
28-04-12, 09:59 AM
seeing the mccullough try, i noticed we only had one marker.

We also did that a bit earlier.

is that a tactic on the line to have one marker or just terrible presence of mind?

No way that is a tactic...the first player to defend that close to the line is the dummy half.
Bad play by Bailey not watching Mccullough and stupid Odwyer couldn't read an under 10's attacking line..

Not to think Mccullough would have a crack from dummy half that close to the line shows that this team is a long way to compete in this competition.

The sooner we get a new coach the more fans we can keep...regardless of the Searle situation.
People are turning away and I don't blame them.

Chaos
28-04-12, 10:02 AM
In the fox interview to Cartwright...one question stood out.
Someone asked Carty about the loss -"if it's not mental, what was it?"

Carty had no idea how to answer it because it was his game plan that let the team down.

GoldCoastTitans100
28-04-12, 10:13 AM
Prince was a standout tonight and sezer was brilliant.

Zillman was solid at the back.

Rest of the team was just rubbish,

Luke O'Dwyer and Michael Henderson should be dropped end of story !

GoldCoastTitans100
28-04-12, 10:13 AM
In the fox interview to Cartwright...one question stood out.
Someone asked Carty about the loss -"if it's not mental, what was it?"

Carty had no idea how to answer it because it was his game plan that let the team down.

I think the issue was he didn't have a game plan.

TitansFan
28-04-12, 11:26 AM
Mead was awesome last night. He's all class.

Idris uses his size well but he needs more ball.

Prince seems to be finding some of that lost form. Hopefully he continues to improve. Its amazing the difference it makes now that he's got a 5/8 that can take some of the pressure off him.

Myles is simply the best player we've got. His work rate and effort puts almost every other Titans player to shame, although Bird, Douglas, Bailey and Thompson also go very hard and perform consistently.

How on earth does O'Dwyer get picked in the starting side ahead of Thompson??

Nick
28-04-12, 11:26 AM
Zillman played well.. but didnt do much. Mead showed last night that he should definitely be given a go at full back.

matti
28-04-12, 11:32 AM
Don't think sezer played that well tbh , prince did love the work he did on first try.

Supergoose
28-04-12, 12:12 PM
I thought Sezer was okay - a couple of his kicks weren't great but he took the line on and popped his head through a couple of times. While Jamal is playing left centre, we are kidding ourselves. We have 4 weapons in our backline - Mead and Idris on the right and Zillman and Gordon on the left yet we shoot ourselves in the foot and hardly use any of them due to some selection issues. Thankfully the Broncos used Mead for us last night (where was his protection when he was catching all those bombs?).

We have Ridge and Lawrence playing Qld Cup presumably for match fitness while Henderson and O'Dwyer make a mockery of our NRL side. I agree Peyroux looked out of his depth and out of position (I'm now convinced he should be on the left) - I love how he tries so hard though.

While we wait for Ryan James to get some match fitness I'd like to see Thompson used as a prop. He has speed for good hit-ups and hits like a truck in defence. I think he's a better option than Lawrence but both also seem to miss a few tackles here and there.

teke
28-04-12, 12:15 PM
I reckon Corey Parker & Ben Creagh should have a race - see who runs faster backwards....It's no secret that Bodene hates Parker and Im glad Parker ran backwards cause he would have been lying next to Hoffman on the ground if he manned up :D

Chaos
28-04-12, 12:24 PM
It's no secret that Bodene hates Parker and Im glad Parker ran backwards cause he would have been lying next to Hoffman on the ground if he manned up :D

Yeah...Parker tried to degrade Bodene after his head high but it back fired on him...he absolutely sh!t himself.

Parker's weekness might be like Creagh...I'd give it to him next game...might even affect his goal kicking.

teke
28-04-12, 12:46 PM
I must say that Mini provided some good impact off the bench. Nice bustling runs and managed to fight his instinct to offload from impossible positions :D

Toads
28-04-12, 01:10 PM
I must say that Mini provided some good impact off the bench. Nice bustling runs and managed to fight his instinct to offload from impossible positions :D
LOL yeah, I cringed everytime Mini got the pill. Was just waiting for him to spill it or try 'n unload it. If he keeps last nights form up, I'd be quite happy to see him signed up beyond this season.

Rage
28-04-12, 01:58 PM
Can't believe I was looking forward to this game for 2 weeks...
So many dropped balls and mistakes it just got painful to watch. Even though it's no excuse, I must say, the boys were definitely getting the short end of the stick by the referees.

So where do we go from here? Same team picked next week but hope everything looks up? According to nrl article, Eels have to win 11 of their last 17 games to mathematically make the finals. We're only one win ahead of them so something miraculous is gonna have to happen if we can hope of cracking the 8

Smakked
28-04-12, 02:44 PM
I think realistically the finals are out of the question for us.
So we joust need to win some more games thats all.

teke
28-04-12, 03:16 PM
I think realistically the finals are out of the question for us.
So we joust need to win some more games thats all.Titans are no chance to make the finals. It has now become a battle to lose the spoon

gotitans101
28-04-12, 04:33 PM
It's so frustrating. A new roster to last year and still our on field performance isn't changing.

Boonarga
28-04-12, 04:45 PM
Prince was a standout tonight and sezer was brilliant.

Zillman was solid at the back.

Rest of the team was just rubbish,

Luke O'Dwyer and Michael Henderson should be dropped end of story !

That's harsh!
Mead, Myles, and Srama were outstanding.

Titanic
28-04-12, 05:15 PM
Let's rewind to the pre-season when we were happy to just not be wooden spooners again. With this roster it's very depressing but until we fix our coaching staff then the playing roster doesn't matter.

If it wasn't obvious last season then it certainly is now ... and for all you dreamers, I would like nothing more to be winning even if we were coached by the devil herself.

Toads
28-04-12, 07:16 PM
Just watched Carty's post-match report 'n the guy basically shrugs off it as a night of errors. It's got me buggered how he can be so complacent, week in 'n week out. There's no fire in his belly whatsoever. If hasn't got it, how the hell is he meant to get the Lads to fire up.. :doh: