PDA

View Full Version : Pierce new Sharks' NRL CEO

DIEHARD
25-01-06, 04:05 PM
Greg Pierce has been appointed chief executive of NRL club Cronulla after serving in a caretaker role following the death of Sharks legend Steve Rogers earlier this month.

Pierce has held a number of positions at the Sharks over the past 12 years, including Development and Operations Manager, Welfare Manager, Football Manager and Football Club administrator, and in recent times worked directly under Rogers.

"In working closely with Steve I was provided a good insight into what is required, which gives me confidence that I'm capable to carry out the role," Pierce said.

"The job will certainly be a challenge but it's one I am very excited about."

Pierce also served as assistant coach of the Kangaroos from 2001-2003, was the NSW Resident's coach in 2002, the City Firsts coach in 2000-2001 and played first grade for the Sharks in 1984 and 1985.

The Sharks board has also begun work on finding ways to honour the memory and contribution of Rogers to the club.

Suggestions being considered include recognition on the Sharks 2006 playing strip, a statue or monument and the establishment of a Challenge Shield match, more than likely against Manly, the club against which Rogers played two grand finals.

A decision is expected in the next few weeks.

Source: http://www.NRL.com

DIEHARD
25-01-06, 04:06 PM
No surprise that decision.

But what do you think would be an appropriate way to honour Steve Rogers?

Ipswich Fan
25-01-06, 04:27 PM
Rather than continually changing the name of their ground in pursuit of the sponsorship dollar, maybe name their home ground Steve Rogers Stadium.

DIEHARD
25-01-06, 04:30 PM
I'm a fan of statues.

Dakink
26-01-06, 09:59 AM
Not another failure like Bloody Wally, please.