PDA

View Full Version : Round 7: Manly Sea Eagles vs Gold Coast Titans

Pages : [1] 2

DIEHARD
09-04-12, 01:23 PM
Manly Sea Eagles vs Gold Coast Titans

Titanic
09-04-12, 05:25 PM
I dread to think of it ... like many Qlders Manly was my team before we were allowed to have a Qld team in the comp ... we need to win this game so badly and we seem so unlikely to be able to even select a team in their right positions.

gotitans101
09-04-12, 06:52 PM
Oh boy..........

Maybe the only positive to come from this is Manly backing up from a Monday night game.

Smakked
09-04-12, 07:14 PM
Manly havent been great this year, there off the pace, so im not concerned

Supergoose
09-04-12, 07:54 PM
Manly just beat Penrith 30-0, that is ominous for us as I don't think the Panthers have been that bad considering their injuries. Manly also had no Kieran Foran or Brett Stewart. If we win this one it will go down as one of the greatest performances in our short history - as Denzel Washington says in Remember the Titans - 'We will be perfect', it's the only way we can win.

TITAN PETE
09-04-12, 08:00 PM
Manly havent been great this year, there off the pace, so im not concerned

Watch a replay of tonight & u will change your mind :?)

We will need to play the game of our lives to get close to Manly but we have beaten them at Brooky before :surprise:

Smakked
09-04-12, 08:11 PM
Watch a replay of tonight & u will change your mind :?)

We will need to play the game of our lives to get close to Manly but we have beaten them at Brooky before :surprise:

I watched most of the game they were not impressive when compared to say Storm or broncos, Panthers looked like our attack, had no clue :|

Nick
09-04-12, 08:22 PM
I watched most of the game they were not impressive when compared to say Storm or broncos, Panthers looked like our attack, had no clue :|

Manly were very good considering they were without key players.. Still dont know how anyone can place the Ponies in the same class as the Storm.. IMO they havent done anything special.

Manly will be hard to beat. We will be at some juicy odds, which I am prepared to take.

Smakked
09-04-12, 08:25 PM
I hate the ponies but they play with desperation and win games, Storm are in a class of there own this year, really i cant see anyone beating them .

DavidBouveng
09-04-12, 08:31 PM
A win against manly at Brooke is exactly the type of win that can kick start a season.

teke
09-04-12, 10:26 PM
I watched most of the game they were not impressive when compared to say Storm or broncos, Panthers looked like our attack, had no clue :|Without both Stewarts, Tong Williams and Foran and completed a season high of 32 Sets of 36.

When they are in top form no team can go with them and that includes the Storm.

Titanic
09-04-12, 11:26 PM
DCE at Michaels, Matai at Prince ... I shudder at the thought.

teke
09-04-12, 11:31 PM
DCE at Michaels, Matai at Prince ... I shudder at the thought.:D

A few boys in the Titans squad absolutely hate running at Matai, they say he really really puts the hurt on when he tackles. It's good T Rex isnt playing cause we might have seen Prince flung out of Brooky on a couple of sets.

Titanic
09-04-12, 11:55 PM
Off topic but it reminds me that Prince has never been the same since Dave Taylor elbowed him in the sternum on his way to scoring when he was still at the Broncos ... anybody else remember that incident?

DavidBouveng
10-04-12, 01:39 AM
Off topic but it reminds me that Prince has never been the same since Dave Taylor elbowed him in the sternum on his way to scoring when he was still at the Broncos ... anybody else remember that incident?

I remember when he landed on him when prince was kicking just as we were about to beat them in a round game.

Prince went off with 4 to go I think and we let in a try, then locky bounced a drop goal off each post then over in golden point.

MightyTitans
10-04-12, 12:28 PM
1 William Zillman
2 Kevin Gordon
3 Jamal Idris
4 Beau Champion
5 David Mead
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Scott Prince
8 Luke Bailey
9 Matt Srama
10 Luke Douglas
11 Nate Myles
12 Luke O’Dwyer
13 Ashley Harrison
Interchange
14 Matthew White
15 Michael Henderson - What a joke!!! dropping lawrence
16 Mark Minichiello
17 Bodene Thompson
18 Jordan Rankin

TITAN PETE
10-04-12, 12:36 PM
Sezer to make NRL debut against Manly
Adam Gardini
Tuesday 10 April 2012 1:00 PM

Jetstar Gold Coast Titans five-eighth Aidan Sezer will make his anticipated NRL debut against the Manly Sea Eagles at Brookvale Oval on Saturday night.
Sezer, a former Under-20s star with the Canterbury Bulldogs, was today named by Coach John Cartwright to make his NRL debut in a new-look side which also includes forwards Mark Minichiello and Matt White in their respective returns from injury.
The 20-year-old Sezer has played five matches at five-eighth for Queensland Cup feeder club Burleigh Bears this season since returning from a torn ACL he suffered last year midway through his final season with the Bulldogs.
Minichiello returns from an ankle injury which ruled him out of last weekend’s 18-12 loss to the Roosters while White returns from an elbow injury which had sidelined him for a fortnight.
In other team changes, pivot Jordan Rankin drops back to a five-man interchange bench while Jamal Idris returns to the centres after coming off the bench against the Roosters.

Nick
10-04-12, 12:36 PM
Hail Sezer!

TITAN PETE
10-04-12, 12:40 PM
1 William Zillman
2 Kevin Gordon
3 Jamal Idris
4 Beau Champion
5 David Mead
6 Aidan Sezer
7 Scott Prince
8 Luke Bailey
9 Matt Srama
10 Luke Douglas
11 Nate Myles
12 Luke O?Dwyer
13 Ashley Harrison
Interchange
14 Matthew White
15 Michael Henderson - What a joke!!! dropping lawrence
16 Mark Minichiello
17 Bodene Thompson
18 Jordan Rankin

Pretty sure BJ was injured on Saturday

Coaster
10-04-12, 12:43 PM
Best side we have picked in 2 years.

DavidBouveng
10-04-12, 12:43 PM
Well it's time for us too see the new generation.

Im excited.

Knightstalker
10-04-12, 12:53 PM
Howdy all, new member here. Really pleased Sezar has gotten himself a run, they would have been insane to continue to not get this talented player onto the paddock.

Coaster
10-04-12, 01:01 PM
Howdy all, new member here. Really pleased Sezar has gotten himself a run, they would have been insane to continue to not get this talented player onto the paddock.

Welcome KnightStalker, i agree with that post completely

Boofhead
10-04-12, 01:04 PM
****. Yes.

karnage
10-04-12, 01:22 PM
What did Henderson do to retain his place in the team on Saturday?? Honestly, we might as well take the field with a 16 man squad at Brookvale because Henderson is a joke. If there isn't someone running around in the Q Cup who is better than this guy I'll give it up. Give Luke Page a chance ahead of him. Even Selasi Birdie would be a better option - at least he can hold onto the ball and he is a strong defender.

What did Rankin do to get dropped?? Did he play any worse than Prince did against the Roosters?? Is Zillman doing anything at FB that he couldn't do better??

I'm glad Sezar is getting a look in at first grade but is an away trip to Brookvale the time to blood a young playmaker?? Especially as the game comes 1 week after a far more suitable home game against the Roosters??

Our attacking woes go far beyond a band aid at 5/8. I don't see any way that a 21 year old debutant can be expected to turn our attacking fortunes around. Cartwright's rubbish coaching has the potential to destroy his confidence before his career even reaches any heights - just look at the way he has treated Rankin.

Steelers
10-04-12, 01:51 PM
Last year Capewell was thrown into the bin by Cartwright. This year Rankin has seemingly suffered the same fate. How long will Sezer last?

mikeyba
10-04-12, 02:01 PM
just added Sezer to my Supercoach, good buy nd cheap that let me trade in Cronk

Here my team :)
1. Reece Robinson
2. Brett Morris
3. Jonathon Wright
4. Josh Morris
5. Matthew Bowen
6. Aiden Sezer
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Sam Kassiano
9. Cameron Smith
10. Josh McGuire
11 Corey Parker
12 Paul Gallen
13 Nate Myles

14 Andrew Fifita
15 Frank Pritchard
16 Jarrod Croker
17 Beau Ryan

ahhhh i feel a winning round coming on..

both in my SuperCoach and with the Titans !!

Princey's Titanz
10-04-12, 02:27 PM
WOOOHOOO SEZER!! :banana:

Supergoose
10-04-12, 02:59 PM
Hopefully Rankin stays on the bench and we use Thompson in the middle to give Bull some respite. Rankin being an option for any number of injuries in the backline otherwise any injury will mean we're toast. I'm still hoping we haven't seen the best of Henderson and he can turn it around for us. Looking forward to Bird and James' returns now so we will be at full strength. If we're not on our guard Manly will smash us, I hope we take up the fight in every way with them. Zillman and Champion must perform or they're the next to get the Steve Michaels treatment. Feel for BJ. I thought he was going great although seemingly running out of puff quickly.

MightyTitans
10-04-12, 04:42 PM
I wouldnt be suprised if young players didnt want to sign for the club, we chew them up and spit them out and potentially stuff up their careers..

Seriously cartwright needs to be punted, I would have to say he is probably the worst coach in the nrl at the moment.

MightyTitans
10-04-12, 05:33 PM
Even though you are all super happy sezer is playing. I do think this is the wrong way for him to debut.

Should have been 1. Zillman, 6. Rankin, 7. Prince, 9. Srama, 17. Sezer

Odwyer shouldnt be in the side.. shift thompson or mini from the bench

Bring sezer on for srama for about 20min, bring srama back on and zillman off.. shift sezer to 6 rankin to 1.

Sezer needs to find his feet, rankin doesnt deserve to be out of the 17..

Smakked
10-04-12, 06:04 PM
Its good to see sezer in the team , lets hoep he fires
IMO rankin has shown nothing in the postion he was playing, maybe better suited some where else, anyway im not a fan so not to fazed by him not being in the side.

Tamwelg
10-04-12, 06:09 PM
Pretty sure BJ was injured on Saturday

Not to sure about that, he has been named at prop for Burleigh this week. No way should Hendo be in before BJ.

I'm rapt to see Sezer is being given a go. I'd still like to see Rankin in the side at 1 though.

Chaos
10-04-12, 06:10 PM
Oh Sezer...have fun sleeping this week.

Karnage,
I'm glad Prince is on the field, he needs an old head beside him.
I don't think i've seen more pressure put on a starting player.
Starts in a losing side, with trouble in the club that doesn't know how to attack and has never had a 5/8, up against the best halves in the comp.

Coaster
10-04-12, 06:27 PM
If we get toweled by 50, it will be Sezers fault. He won't even need to miss a tackle.

Smakked
10-04-12, 06:37 PM
If we get toweled by 50, it will be Sezers fault. He won't even need to miss a tackle.

LOL

patskE
10-04-12, 07:14 PM
we need some big 20 year old nz kid for the 2nd rower tbh. every team has one. dwyer should only barley make the bench, and mini is meh. thompson is good but i never seen him break tackles with strength

Tamwelg
10-04-12, 07:17 PM
we need some big 20 year old nz kid for the 2nd rower tbh. every team has one. dwyer should only barley make the bench, and mini is meh. thompson is good but i never seen him break tackles with strength

Dave Taylor will fill that role 2013.

Rage
10-04-12, 08:02 PM
Happy to see Sezer get his debut but in an ideal world, he should've been blooded last week.

TITAN PETE
10-04-12, 08:06 PM
Dave Taylor will fill that role 2013.

Add Ryan James in a few weeks time

Jamal's Hamstring
10-04-12, 08:32 PM
How does Lawrence not keep his spot?!

Titanic
10-04-12, 08:45 PM

I must admit to being shocked too and I'm nearly as shocked that Michaels isn't in the team. If you gave Cartwright the entire current Australian team he would still find a place for his "boys".

It will be a tough debut for Sezer but as they say if you're good enough then you're good enough (don't google it, I said it).

Smakked
10-04-12, 09:10 PM

This!

He has been excellent for us giving 110% when ever he is out there, but someone did say he was injured earlier? But he deserves a spot.

GoldCoastTitans100
10-04-12, 09:35 PM
Just had a chance to watch the game against the Roosters.

Very disappointing, but why is it Prince does not put in a solid effort but keeps on getting picked but Rankin didn't necessarily play a great game but put in 100% and Rankin gets dropped to the bench and Prince gets his jumper :mad:

Luke O'Dwyer offers nothing !

Just some changes

1 William Zillman
2 Phil Graham
3 Jamal Idris
4 Beau Champion
5 David Mead
6 Jordan Rankin
7 Aidan Sezer
8 Luke Bailey
9 Matt Srama
10 Luke Douglas
11 Nate Myles
12 Bodene Thompson
13 Ashley Harrison

Interchange
14 Brenton Lawrence
15 Matt White
16 Mark Minichiello
17 Ben Ridge

I think Kevin Gordon is great but I think he needs some time in QLD cup to build his confidence, 1 or 2 weeks.

Jamal's Hamstring
10-04-12, 09:47 PM
This!

He has been excellent for us giving 110% when ever he is out there, but someone did say he was injured earlier? But he deserves a spot.

I don't think he is injured. He will line up for Burleigh.

Bayside Titan
10-04-12, 09:48 PM
Just had a chance to watch the game against the Roosters.

Very disappointing, but why is it Prince does not put in a solid effort but keeps on getting picked but Rankin didn't necessarily play a great game but put in 100% and Rankin gets dropped to the bench and Prince gets his jumper :mad:

Luke O'Dwyer offers nothing !

Just some changes

1 William Zillman
2 Phil Graham
3 Jamal Idris
4 Beau Champion
5 David Mead
6 Jordan Rankin
7 Aidan Sezer
8 Luke Bailey
9 Matt Srama
10 Luke Douglas
11 Nate Myles
12 Bodene Thompson
13 Ashley Harrison

Interchange
14 Brenton Lawrence
15 Matt White
16 Mark Minichiello
17 Ben Ridge

I think Kevin Gordon is great but I think he needs some time in QLD cup to build his confidence, 1 or 2 weeks.
Have to agree with you on the point you made about Prince. Doesn't seem fair to the others that are dropped.

The team you have written looks like the team that we should be fielding week in and week out and we have Birdy to cone back as well.

Henderson should never be picked as he never bends the line back at all like White and Brenton do.

Smakked
10-04-12, 10:04 PM
I dont agree , if we didn't have prince i would expect Manly to put 60 on us easy, we need someone with experience in that position.

hatchy84
10-04-12, 10:07 PM
Is he @#$&ing kidding himself. Dropping bj for Henderson bout time Michaels gone ridge for odwyer and whoever thinks mini should be there are fools we need to complete sets against manly hendo and mini will drop about 3 balls each hallelujah for sezar is he our new hope? Let's hope so good kicking game should take a lot of pressure of prince .I love Rankin but needs some qcup action to get confidence back too many stray passes the other night let the pressure off them now all we need is mead n zill to swap idris will put mead away at least 3 times on sat put mead in fantasy.

Titanic
10-04-12, 10:18 PM
I think we don't look fit as per our second half fades and where have our trademark lightning play the balls gone?

teke
10-04-12, 11:29 PM
I think we don't look fit as per our second half fades and where have our trademark lightning play the balls gone?I think lightning play the balls are the result of a team playing well. At the moment too many errors, stunted attack etc etc.

Smakked
10-04-12, 11:36 PM
As long as we win i dont care how we do it , we just need to win, i will probably fly down for this one flights are only $22 and the missus wants to see her sister, so why not :D

karnage
11-04-12, 07:43 AM
I'm glad Prince is on the field, he needs an old head beside him.
I don't think i've seen more pressure put on a starting player.
Starts in a losing side, with trouble in the club that doesn't know how to attack and has never had a 5/8, up against the best halves in the comp.

I agree 100% with your comment re Sezar needing some experience beside him, but by the same token, how is Rankin ever going to get experience if the coach never gives him a chance?? It's amazing how Cartwright can have the reputation of sticking with certain players too long and yet does not have the patience to 'pick and stick' with a halves combination.

IT'S ONLY ROUND 7 AND CARTWRIGHT HAS JUST SELECTED HIS THIRD DIFFERENT HALVES COMBINATION!!

Injuries have not played a part in that revolving door selection policy. Carty has not learned a thing from 2011 because he was not put under any pressure by management. He was not critically reviewed and made to feel his share of responsibility for the wooden spoon season and now he thinks that season 2012 is going to turn around with him making exactly the same mistakes.:fight:

The irony of this statement is that criticism is not likely to come from the usual source - the fans - but will likely come from the coach who will probably just banish him to the bench or the QLD Cup. A good coach would have a very clear set of expectations for a rookie's debut. He would structure a game plan that would allow him to play within himself yet display his natural talent. What chance is there that Carty has done that for Sezar??

GoldCoastTitans100
11-04-12, 08:06 AM
I dont agree , if we didn't have prince i would expect Manly to put 60 on us easy, we need someone with experience in that position.

So your saying if Prince doesn't play they get 60 on us ?
If we were going to get 60 put on us it would be when Prince is playing, Prince can't tackle !
Experience is great but you need to back experience up with skill and consistency which Prince fails to do every week.

Toads
11-04-12, 08:19 AM
A good coach would have a very clear set of expectations for a rookie's debut. He would structure a game plan that would allow him to play within himself yet display his natural talent. What chance is there that Carty has done that for Sezar??

Next to zip, I'd imagine. I really do feel for the introduction Sezer will be facing this weekend. Great to see him finally get a run, but it should be off the bench like someone previously mentioned.

If we were going to get 60 put on us it would be when Prince is playing, Prince can't tackle !

I'll give Princey the benefit of the doubt 'n say it's not a case of he can't tackle. To me, it appears he doesn't want to tackle. Though he's not shy of climbing on top of a attacking forward 'n ride him over the try line. Now if I had a dollar for everytime I've seen that happen.. :doh:

DavidBouveng
11-04-12, 08:20 AM
just looking at the NRL stats for this year and Prince is sitting equal sixth in try assists with Slater and shaun johnson.

He is one Try assist behind Widdop and Cherry Evans and 2 behind JT.

he is ahead of Cam Smith, Soward,Wallace and MItchell Pearce ( double the try assists of wallace and pearce actually)

I know statistics can be interpreted in different ways, but he is going alot better than people give him credit for, and has to be there. Hunt and Norman were used sparingly for a couple of years for brisbane, and i think Carty will do the same until Sezer or Rankin show without a doubt the jersey is theres, and then the other one will be stuck with a bench spot or 18th man till prince gives it up.

Whether thats they way it SHOULD happen or not, i dont know, but its clear Carty wont move prince unless there is an injury.

DavidBouveng
11-04-12, 08:22 AM
Next to zip, I'd imagine. I really do feel for the introduction Sezer will be facing this weekend. Great to see him finally get a run, but it should be off the bench like someone previously mentioned.

I'll give Princey the benefit of the doubt 'n say it's not a case of he can't tackle. To me, it appears he doesn't want to tackle. Though he's not shy of climbing on top of a attacking forward 'n ride him over the try line. Now if I had a dollar for everytime I've that happen.. :doh:

i think he is trying harder than usual to tackle, he is always ready to jump off the line early and get to the attacker before he has much space and speed up, but he just jumps on as u mentioned once he gets there.
'
I honestly think hes tactic is "if i cant tackle at 32, im not going to learn now, so ill get up early and slow them down till my freinds arrive"

Princey's Titanz
11-04-12, 10:32 AM
Thanks god Steve Michaels is gone.

WTF WHY IS LAWRENCE ON THE OUTER!?! ABSOLUTELY RUBBISH SELECTIONS. WHAT IS CARTY THINKING!?!?

I have a good feeling about Sezer.

TITAN PETE
11-04-12, 12:59 PM
Sea Eagles v Titans preview

NRL.com Wed, Apr 11, 2012 - 1:07 PM

Manly Sea Eagles v Gold Coast Titans
Brookvale Oval
Saturday 7.30pm

After what must surely be one of the most difficult and protracted road trips in NRL history, the Sea Eagles finally returned home to Brookvale Oval last week with a bang.

After kicking off their pre-season with a trip over to Old Blighty to face Super League champions Leeds, Manly started the NRL proper with a trip over the Tasman, then took their Round 2 home game up to Bluetongue Stadium in Gosford and followed that with three consecutive away games against Cronulla, St George Illawarra and Parramatta.

But last week they showed just how much they love playing at Brookvale, where they went undefeated last year. Despite being without four internationals in Glenn Stewart, Tony Williams, Kieran Foran and Brett Stewart (the latter two only being officially ruled out shortly before kick-off) Manly tore apart the Panthers to the tune of 30-0. Halfback Daly Cherry-Evans was the star in a dominant second half that has brought the defending premiers right back into calculations for this season.

The fact they were able to do it while missing not only two back-rowers who would both have been in calculations for the upcoming Anzac Test, but also their star fullback and five-eighth, would have been particularly pleasing for rookie coach Geoff Toovey.

The news is not quite so good for the embattled Titans however – despite receiving some good news regarding their financial affairs recently the team bumbled their way to a fifth straight loss against the Roosters, leaving them stuck with the Eels and Tigers at the foot of the ladder with just a solitary win from the opening six rounds.

The Titans missed 35 tackles and made 17 errors last week as they completed just 62 per cent of their sets. Although the Roosters somehow managed an even worse completion rate of just 55 per cent, the Bondi club outran the Titans by 1419 metres to 1151. The fact the Titans were in with a shot of forcing golden-point following David Mead’s second try was a reflection of how poorly the Roosters handled the footy.

Coach John Cartwright has responded by naming highly rated Bulldogs junior Aidan Sezer as Scott Prince’s third halves partner of the year, dropping Jordan Rankin to a five-man bench. After returning from injury on the bench last week Jamal Idris comes into the run-on side replacing Steve Michaels at centre. Mark Minichiello and Matthew White join the bench, with Brenton Lawrence dropping out of the side.

Toovey has named Brett Stewart to return at fullback for Dean Whare who substituted admirably against Penrith, although Whare remains on a five-man bench as cover in case Stewart does not pull up from the rib cartilage injury suffered against Parramatta. Kieran Foran has been named to return from a hamstring strain at the expense of his older brother Liam, who also deputised with aplomb against the Panthers.

Club stalwart and co-captain Jason King will play his 200th NRL game, all of which have been for the Sea Eagles, aside from the first 22 which were played at the Northern Eagles.
For the Titans, William Zillman racks up his 100th NRL game.

Watch Out Sea Eagles: Hulking centre Jamal Idris, who returns to the starting line-up after being eased back from injury last week, is one of several major off-season signings Cartwright will be expecting to help lead his side out of its current slump.

Idris was equal fifth in the competition last year in terms of tackle busts, with a massive 117 across the 23 matches he played. He also registered the second-most offloads at the club with 31 and the second-most line-breaks with 10.

Idris scored a double in the Titans’ Round 1 win over the Cowboys and if he can recapture the kind of form that saw him grab a State of Origin bench spot in 2010 it may just give the Titans the kind of X-factor at the back that they need to inspire the rest of the team.

Danger Sign: Idris can have the tendency to switch off a little when he’s playing out in the centres but it’s when he comes in looking for work that he can really create havoc. If he goes out of his way to take some early hit-ups when the Titans are working it out of their own end, or tries to assert himself late in an attacking set, the Manly defence will need to be on their toes.

Watch Out Titans: Daly Cherry-Evans produced one of those all-round games last week where everything fell into place. Desperate to make amends for a lacklustre showing against the Eels and with an increased burden of responsibility in the absence of regular five-eighth Kieran Foran, Cherry-Evans produced a playmaking masterclass.

The three try assists were the key – the highlight an unconventional but very effective perfectly placed cross-field grubber towards the posts for centre Steve Matai to score.

His nine tackle busts were a feature that you won’t see from too many halfbacks, while a crucial 40/20 kick could easily be forgotten in amongst the other highlights. If Cherry-Evans can put in a repeat showing in Manly’s second consecutive Brookvale appearance the Titans will be in huge trouble.

Danger Sign: Not to suggest that there’s anything lacking in Cherry-Evans’ passing game – but it was his running of the football and pinpoint kicks that shredded the Penrith defence last week. The more he takes on the line himself the better, from Manly’s point of view, and the Titans’ big men will have to watch him closely – or they will know how Penrith felt last week.

Steve Matai v Jamal Idris: Unfortunately these two uncompromising centres may not clash directly too often because each tends to play on the left side of the field – but that doesn’t mean they won’t go looking for each other if either wanders infield.

Matai is well known for his bruising defence and Roosters pivot Braith Anasta will certainly attest to the fact that Idris is also capable of crunching defence after wearing a big shot last week. Both players have missed game time already this year through injury but can be game-breakers when in form. Matai was close to Manly’s best in the loss to the Eels and bagged a four-pointer last week, and Idris will be keen to make up for lost time after playing just three of the opening six rounds.

Idris ran just three times for 10 metres last week despite being on the field for almost 40 minutes, while Matai made just a solitary tackle in 80 minutes. Expect far greater involvement from each man this week.

Where It Will Be Won: The mental approach. Quite simply, if each side plays the way they played last week, the Titans have no hope. But this is rugby league, the domain of the upset, where anything can happen on the night – as the Sea Eagles recently found out against Parramatta.

If the Titans venture out to fortress Brookvale believing they can’t win, then they won’t. They will need to find some spark, whether it comes from debutant Sezer who is unscarred by the side’s previous five losses, the effervescent Idris, or the never-say-die Nate Myles – but they need to believe if they are to have a chance.

Conversely if Manly go in believing the game already won then that is where the Titans gain an opening. Manly fans would hope at 3-3, after the upset at Parramatta and with a couple of stars still missing, that complacency wouldn’t be an issue. But league can be a funny game and Manly will still have to do the little things right against a Titans side that will have their backs to the wall.

The History: Played 8, Manly 5, Gold Coast 3. The Titans have a fair record against the Sea Eagles given how dominant Manly has been in the five seasons the Titans have been in the NRL – although they have won just one of four at Brookvale. That one win was on their last trip to the peninsula however, when they emerged 24-22 winners in Round 7 of the 2010 season.

The Last Time They Met: The only meeting between these two clubs last season was played at Skilled Park in Round 10 as Manly edged the Titans 16-12 in a three-tries-to-two victory.

The Sea Eagles exploded out of the blocks as Ashley Harrison was penalised for an incorrect play-the-ball on just the second tackle of the match. A Cherry-Evans cut-out pass followed by a Jamie Lyon flick pass put David ‘Wolfman’ Williams over in the corner inside the first minute of play. Opposite winger Michael Robertson also crossed in the 23rd minute before Scott Prince dragged one back for the Titans late in the half.

Robertson earned a double midway through the second half before Esi Tonga brought the margin back to four when he crossed 10 minutes from time.

Both sides completed around three quarters of their possessions although Manly missed double the number of tackles with 38 against 19 for the Titans. There was little between the teams in terms of running metres, possession or penalties.

The loss came despite huge 80-minute contributions from Titans back-rowers Greg Bird (155 metres from 15 runs) and Ashley Harrison (142 metres from 19 runs).

Match Officials: Referees – Jason Robinson & Tony De Las Heras; Sideline Officials – Jason Walsh & Brenden Wood; Video Referee – Paul Mellor.

The Way We See It: There’s no sugar-coating it – Gold Coast will be massive underdogs here and rightly so. As mentioned above, if both teams put in a repeat of last week’s efforts there can be only one winner. But a week can be a long time in rugby league, as we’ve seen plenty of times in the past, and the Titans have plenty of quality players, while Manly have plenty missing or in doubt. But since we’re playing it safe we’ll take Manly by 13-plus.

Televised: Fox Sports – Live 7.30pm.

TITAN PETE
12-04-12, 08:06 AM
Titans at full strength for first time
Travis Meyn | 12:01am April 12, 2012

STRIKE weapon Beau Champion says he is ready to hit his straps as the Gold Coast Titans prepare to roll out arguably their strongest team of the season in Saturday's daunting showdown against defending premiers Manly at Brookvale Oval.

The inclusion of highly-rated five-eighth Aidan Sezer for his NRL debut, as well as the possible return of Greg Bird from an ankle injury, could give the Titans close to a full-strength team for the first time this year.

Bird was slated for a return against the Broncos in a fortnight but he trained strongly yesterday and could be a shock inclusion against Manly, just two weeks after sustaining ligament damage to his ankle.

Star signing Jamal Idris will start at left centre for the first time since round 2 while wingers David Mead and Kevin Gordon are starting to find good form after injury-interrupted seasons.

Champion was recruited to add some much needed zip to the Titans' three-quarter line but his statistics have been below par as he has battled finger and back injuries.

The former Storm centre hasn't scored yet and has failed to make a line break, line break assist, try assist or tackle bust in his three NRL matches, something he is desperate to turn around.

"It's always going to take a couple of games to get your match fitness together. It's been a bit of an up and down start to the season," he said.

"I feel like I'm in good shape now and going forward I can try and contribute as much as I can to the team.

"You have niggles every week and it's something you have to play with. It's (back) fine, I'll get through the game."

After some surprise results, Manly returned to form this week with a 30-0 thrashing of Penrith on Monday night.

The Sea Eagles have a short turn-around between matches and Champion said it was time the Titans' backline stood up after failing to score more than 20 points in six outings this year.

"The backline is there to score tries and put on some points," he said.

"The results look disappointing but we've been in every game we've played this year.

"We've played some quality opposition in the last few weeks and we're not far away.

"It's a real confidence booster that we've got a full-strength side back in now and some players who were injured are starting to come back.

"Aidan Sezer is going to bring a lot of enthusiasm to the team. The talent's there, there's no doubt about that.

"We've just got to execute our plays properly. If you get the ball to Jamal in space he's going to create opportunities and a bit of havoc."

Jordan Rankin has been named 18th man for the Sea Eagles match but trained at hooker yesterday and could find himself in the team as back-up for Matt Srama.

karnage
12-04-12, 08:12 AM
"Jordan Rankin has been named 18th man for the Sea Eagles match but trained at hooker yesterday and could find himself in the team as back-up for Matt Srama."

Carty just making it up as he goes along...

TITAN PETE
12-04-12, 08:51 AM
We would be close to full strength if Bird,James & BJ were all playing..

Can't believe that BJ has been left out because of the return of Mini & White as that is the reason i was told by the Titans but i haven't received a reply to how Hendo & Odwyer were picked ahead of him....

Not sure if anyone else heard on Saturday night when Prince gave BJ a mouthful when Prince didn't have a runner to pass to , maybe he has a say when the team is selected :rolleyes:

DavidBouveng
12-04-12, 09:01 AM
"Jordan Rankin has been named 18th man for the Sea Eagles match but trained at hooker yesterday and could find himself in the team as back-up for Matt Srama."

Carty just making it up as he goes along...

I actually think a little bit of hooker would be good for rankin. It gives him a different perspective of how the team functions and the importance of quick clean ball. Will help round out his game.

Whether u choose to develop him at hooker when we are 1-5 and need wins, that's another matter and think this rankin - hooker thing should have happened last year.

Titanic
12-04-12, 10:10 AM
Unfortunately, we are a club full of "what should have happened". I am going to lay off the team for the moment and just see what transpires this week both on and off the field.

The questions that our situation pose and the lack of transparency from the club management makes any debate purely speculative and quite frankly not worth the effort.

Jamal's Hamstring
12-04-12, 08:48 PM
Not sure if anyone else heard on Saturday night when Prince gave BJ a mouthful when Prince didn't have a runner to pass to , maybe he has a say when the team is selected :rolleyes:

Surely not...

Titanic
12-04-12, 09:01 PM
Surely not...

He's captain and should have a say.

Jamal's Hamstring
12-04-12, 09:05 PM
Yeah, a say maybe as anyone in a leadership group should. And if those type of runs are something they want the bloke to improve on fair enough but I'm not sure it warrants dropping.

Just my humble opinion obviously.

Titanic
12-04-12, 09:36 PM
Yep ... the leadership issue always has the potential to backfire ... is someone man enough to give themselves a tap on the shoulder? Tough ask.

Princey's Titanz
13-04-12, 08:41 AM
Sezer and Prince to fire!

Boofhead
13-04-12, 09:34 AM
Travis Meyn ‏ @travismeyn
I'd say Greg Bird is a definite starter for the @GCTitans tomorrow. Looks fine at training. #NRL
9:43 AM - 13 Apr 12 via Twitter for iPhone
https://twitter.com/#!/travismeyn

With that news I jumped on the 1-12 at $6.

DavidBouveng
13-04-12, 10:02 AM
Champion is out also now with Dom or Michaels to replace...

time for Carty to show whether the Sezer selection was a one off or if he is really going to pick the team properly.

Dom has to be in there. and it would also be good to throw idris on the right.

but if Michaels is chosen to replace Champion then ill be pissed.

Dopamine
13-04-12, 10:23 AM
I have a good feeling about this one... It would be good to prove all those doubters wrong and the side (If Bird does come in) Looks very very good on paper.. Sezer can add the enthusiasm which the team looks like they're lacking... This game can change the season around... I have faith

Boofhead
13-04-12, 10:34 AM
Peyroux earns call-up for Sea Eagles clash
Adam Gardini | Friday 13 April 2012 10:55 AM

Hard hitting centre Dominique Peyroux has been called into the Jetstar Gold Coast Titans side for tomorrow night's clash against Manly after Beau Champion was today ruled out with a shoulder injury.

Champion was unable to train at the team's final training session at Robina this morning due to a shoulder injury, with medical staff yet to determine the full extent of the injury.

While a blow for Champion, Peyroux earns a spot back in the top grade in the centres - where he had impressed in the earlier rounds.

"It's unforunate for Champ but I got the call-up last night,'' said Peyroux before the team travelled to Sydney today.

"I was eating dinner and had a missed call from Carty so I thought I better call him back.

"I'm just grateful for the opportunity again, hopefully I can play my best footy for the team and try to get that win.''

The Titans could also be boosted by the return of lock Greg Bird from an ankle injury after he completed today's training session.

Assistant Coach Steve Murphy said it was good to see Peyroux back in the first grade side after only losing his spot several weeks ago after the return of Champion from injury.

"We're excited about Dom, I think he's a great player. I'm really excited for him and I think he deserves his spot back in the top grade,'' said Murphy.

"Steve Matai is a strong player and he's been been playing first grade for a long time so he'll probably try and intimidate Dom but Dom won't take a backward step at all so it'll be a really exciting clash that one.''

Murphy said Bird would travel with an 18-man squad to Sydney today, with a final decision to be made about his availability on game day.

"We're travelling with 18 so he'll (Coach John Cartiwrhgt) make his decision tonight or tomorrow morning,'' said Muphy.

"He'd probably come back in the pack I'd say. Young Sezer will get his opportunity at five-eighth and we're excited about him.

"We've been waiting for this chance to give him a start and it's probably come earlier than expected but we're looking forward to his performance this week.

"He's been fantastic during the week, I guess the biggest challenge of course is Saturday night. Aidan is a long-term player at this club, a player that we want him to cement that No.6 position and I'm sure he'll do it.''

Murphy said the club was yet to learn the full extent of Champion's injury.
"It's a shoulder injury but they don't know the extent of it at the moment. I guess we'll know early next week,'' said Murphy.

http://www.titans.com.au/news-display/Peyroux-earns-callup-for-Sea-Eagles-clash/53217

DavidBouveng
13-04-12, 11:00 AM
Jesus this is close to our best team if bird plays.

Boofhead
13-04-12, 11:11 AM
Looks pretty damn good.

1. Zillman
2. Gordon
19. Peyroux
3. Idris
5. Mead
6. Sezer
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. Douglas
18. Bird
11. Myles
13. Harrison

14. White
16. Minichiello
17. Thompson
11. O'Dwyer

teke
13-04-12, 11:58 AM
Jesus this is close to our best team if bird plays.:thumbsup:

TITAN PETE
13-04-12, 01:15 PM
Travelling with an 18 man squad , that leaves Rankin at home so i hope he has a run with Burleigh

Jamal's Hamstring
13-04-12, 02:08 PM
Just hoping the Sea Eagles didn't run themselves into form last week.

DavidBouveng
13-04-12, 02:15 PM
late mail in the sydney papers says Keiran Foran and Brett Stewart wont play, and Liam and Dean Whare will stand in again.

GoldCoastTitans100
13-04-12, 04:19 PM
That gives us a chance, but I still have that feeling I had for the last 2 weeks.

Supergoose
13-04-12, 06:14 PM
Looks pretty damn good.

1. Zillman
2. Gordon
19. Peyroux
3. Idris
5. Mead
6. Sezer
7. Prince
8. Bailey
9. Srama
10. Douglas
18. Bird
11. Myles
13. Harrison

14. White
16. Minichiello
17. Thompson
11. O'Dwyer

Sure does - Ryan James for O'Dwyer and we're there - I hope we play Idris right and Dom left (not really sure which is Dom's best side) - only Rankin at fullback and Zillman on the left as well as James in for O'Dwyer to make this as strong as we get (and maybe BJ Lawrence on the bench)

karnage
13-04-12, 08:36 PM
Sure does - Ryan James for O'Dwyer and we're there - I hope we play Idris right and Dom left (not really sure which is Dom's best side) - only Rankin at fullback and Zillman on the left as well as James in for O'Dwyer to make this as strong as we get (and maybe BJ Lawrence on the bench)

Betcha Carty doesn't know what Dom's best side is either...

I just want to see us play some interesting footy and put some points up. Brisbane just played a sloppy sort of game against the Raiders and still put up 30 points on them. I wouldn't take odds of 50-1 that we could score 30 points tomorrow night even with our strongest side playing an understrength Manly.

Titanic
13-04-12, 08:50 PM
I think Falloon should be considered in that mix. James/Lawrence/Thompson/Falloon would get my vote for our bench with question marks over Peyroux/Zillman/Harrison in the starting team. Graham/O'Dwyer/Champion/Ridge/Minichiello/White/Rankin/Page/Lawton for depth. I wouldn't let Michaels or Henderson near the firsts.

Princey's Titanz
13-04-12, 10:25 PM
Jesus this is close to our best team if bird plays.

if only Lawrence was in the team. Also need Ryan James to be on the bench.

DIEHARD
14-04-12, 09:53 AM
Titans' Bird desperate to play tonight

GOLD Coast Titans bruiser Greg Bird is desperate to front up against Manly's `grubby' forward pack tonight but will resist the temptation to have a painkilling injection.

Bird tore ligaments in his ankle a fortnight ago against the Bulldogs and was expected to miss a month of competition.

But the Titans backrower, who has been notching incredible numbers this season, yesterday travelled with the squad to Brookvale Oval and is likely to be a late inclusion.

Bird is renowned as a fast healer, but with representative honours around the corner and a bye next week the 28-year-old doesn't want to risk further injury.

However, the Titans need all hands on deck after centre Beau Champion was ruled out with a shoulder injury. Dom Peyroux has been named at right centre.

Bird said facing Manly at home was one of the biggest challenges in the NRL and he couldn't bear to watch from the sidelines with the Titans on the verge of a club record six-match losing streak.

"They're a physical team. They've always been renowned for a grubby, physical forward pack," the Country and NSW star said.

"They've been like that since I can remember with (Anthony) Watmough, (Jason) King and them. They get in there and get rough.

"That suits our forward pack because we're really strong in the middle."

Switching the focus to his injured ankle, Bird said he was prepared to give it a go.

"I'll see how it pulls up after running on it. There's a little bit of pain there," he said.

"(I won't get an injection) at this stage of the season. I'm not a big fan of needles, especially in weight-bearing joints. You can do more damage. That's not really an option for me.

"I'd love to play. I always want to play. I hate missing games, especially when the team's struggling.

"There's no use rushing at this time of year. I'll do everything I can though."

Bird is the leading metre-gainer for the Titans this year, clocking an average of 134m from 16 runs a match.

He has also been busy in defence and said Gold Coast's forward pack had been doing its job despite results.

"Although we haven't been winning games, we've been getting out of our own end well," he said.

"Our forwards have been doing their job for the team -- it just hasn't been working for us in other areas.

"They (Manly) are the benchmark team. They've probably been a little off sorts early in the year and turned up last week and blew Penrith off the paddock.

"You always want to play against those teams."

http://www.goldcoast.com.au

DIEHARD
14-04-12, 09:59 AM
Manly Sea Eagles v Gold Coast Titans
Brookvale Oval Saturday 7.30pm

After what must surely be one of the most difficult and protracted road trips in NRL history, the Sea Eagles finally returned home to Brookvale Oval last week with a bang.

After kicking off their pre-season with a trip over to Old Blighty to face Super League champions Leeds, Manly started the NRL proper with a trip over the Tasman, then took their Round 2 home game up to Bluetongue Stadium in Gosford and followed that with three consecutive away games against Cronulla, St George Illawarra and Parramatta.

But last week they showed just how much they love playing at Brookvale, where they went undefeated last year. Despite being without four internationals in Glenn Stewart, Tony Williams, Kieran Foran and Brett Stewart (the latter two only being officially ruled out shortly before kick-off) Manly tore apart the Panthers to the tune of 30-0. Halfback Daly Cherry-Evans was the star in a dominant second half that has brought the defending premiers right back into calculations for this season.

The fact they were able to do it while missing not only two back-rowers who would both have been in calculations for the upcoming Anzac Test, but also their star fullback and five-eighth, would have been particularly pleasing for rookie coach Geoff Toovey.

The news is not quite so good for the embattled Titans however ? despite receiving some good news regarding their financial affairs recently the team bumbled their way to a fifth straight loss against the Roosters, leaving them stuck with the Eels and Tigers at the foot of the ladder with just a solitary win from the opening six rounds.

The Titans missed 35 tackles and made 17 errors last week as they completed just 62 per cent of their sets. Although the Roosters somehow managed an even worse completion rate of just 55 per cent, the Bondi club outran the Titans by 1419 metres to 1151. The fact the Titans were in with a shot of forcing golden-point following David Mead?s second try was a reflection of how poorly the Roosters handled the footy.

Coach John Cartwright has responded by naming highly rated Bulldogs junior Aidan Sezer as Scott Prince?s third halves partner of the year, dropping Jordan Rankin to a five-man bench. After returning from injury on the bench last week Jamal Idris comes into the run-on side replacing Steve Michaels at centre. Mark Minichiello and Matthew White join the bench, with Brenton Lawrence dropping out of the side.

Toovey has named Brett Stewart to return at fullback for Dean Whare who substituted admirably against Penrith, although Whare remains on a five-man bench as cover in case Stewart does not pull up from the rib cartilage injury suffered against Parramatta. Kieran Foran has been named to return from a hamstring strain at the expense of his older brother Liam, who also deputised with aplomb against the Panthers.

Club stalwart and co-captain Jason King will play his 200th NRL game, all of which have been for the Sea Eagles, aside from the first 22 which were played at the Northern Eagles.
For the Titans, William Zillman racks up his 100th NRL game.

Watch Out Sea Eagles: Hulking centre Jamal Idris, who returns to the starting line-up after being eased back from injury last week, is one of several major off-season signings Cartwright will be expecting to help lead his side out of its current slump.

Idris was equal fifth in the competition last year in terms of tackle busts, with a massive 117 across the 23 matches he played. He also registered the second-most offloads at the club with 31 and the second-most line-breaks with 10.

Idris scored a double in the Titans? Round 1 win over the Cowboys and if he can recapture the kind of form that saw him grab a State of Origin bench spot in 2010 it may just give the Titans the kind of X-factor at the back that they need to inspire the rest of the team.

Danger Sign: Idris can have the tendency to switch off a little when he?s playing out in the centres but it?s when he comes in looking for work that he can really create havoc. If he goes out of his way to take some early hit-ups when the Titans are working it out of their own end, or tries to assert himself late in an attacking set, the Manly defence will need to be on their toes.

Watch Out Titans: Daly Cherry-Evans produced one of those all-round games last week where everything fell into place. Desperate to make amends for a lacklustre showing against the Eels and with an increased burden of responsibility in the absence of regular five-eighth Kieran Foran, Cherry-Evans produced a playmaking masterclass.

The three try assists were the key ? the highlight an unconventional but very effective perfectly placed cross-field grubber towards the posts for centre Steve Matai to score.

His nine tackle busts were a feature that you won?t see from too many halfbacks, while a crucial 40/20 kick could easily be forgotten in amongst the other highlights. If Cherry-Evans can put in a repeat showing in Manly?s second consecutive Brookvale appearance the Titans will be in huge trouble.

Danger Sign: Not to suggest that there?s anything lacking in Cherry-Evans? passing game ? but it was his running of the football and pinpoint kicks that shredded the Penrith defence last week. The more he takes on the line himself the better, from Manly?s point of view, and the Titans? big men will have to watch him closely ? or they will know how Penrith felt last week.

Steve Matai v Jamal Idris: Unfortunately these two uncompromising centres may not clash directly too often because each tends to play on the left side of the field ? but that doesn?t mean they won?t go looking for each other if either wanders infield.

Matai is well known for his bruising defence and Roosters pivot Braith Anasta will certainly attest to the fact that Idris is also capable of crunching defence after wearing a big shot last week. Both players have missed game time already this year through injury but can be game-breakers when in form. Matai was close to Manly?s best in the loss to the Eels and bagged a four-pointer last week, and Idris will be keen to make up for lost time after playing just three of the opening six rounds.

Idris ran just three times for 10 metres last week despite being on the field for almost 40 minutes, while Matai made just a solitary tackle in 80 minutes. Expect far greater involvement from each man this week.

Where It Will Be Won: The mental approach. Quite simply, if each side plays the way they played last week, the Titans have no hope. But this is rugby league, the domain of the upset, where anything can happen on the night ? as the Sea Eagles recently found out against Parramatta.

If the Titans venture out to fortress Brookvale believing they can?t win, then they won?t. They will need to find some spark, whether it comes from debutant Sezer who is unscarred by the side?s previous five losses, the effervescent Idris, or the never-say-die Nate Myles ? but they need to believe if they are to have a chance.

Conversely if Manly go in believing the game already won then that is where the Titans gain an opening. Manly fans would hope at 3-3, after the upset at Parramatta and with a couple of stars still missing, that complacency wouldn?t be an issue. But league can be a funny game and Manly will still have to do the little things right against a Titans side that will have their backs to the wall.

The History: Played 8, Manly 5, Gold Coast 3. The Titans have a fair record against the Sea Eagles given how dominant Manly has been in the five seasons the Titans have been in the NRL ? although they have won just one of four at Brookvale. That one win was on their last trip to the peninsula however, when they emerged 24-22 winners in Round 7 of the 2010 season.

The Last Time They Met: The only meeting between these two clubs last season was played at Skilled Park in Round 10 as Manly edged the Titans 16-12 in a three-tries-to-two victory.

The Sea Eagles exploded out of the blocks as Ashley Harrison was penalised for an incorrect play-the-ball on just the second tackle of the match. A Cherry-Evans cut-out pass followed by a Jamie Lyon flick pass put David ?Wolfman? Williams over in the corner inside the first minute of play. Opposite winger Michael Robertson also crossed in the 23rd minute before Scott Prince dragged one back for the Titans late in the half.

Robertson earned a double midway through the second half before Esi Tonga brought the margin back to four when he crossed 10 minutes from time.

Both sides completed around three quarters of their possessions although Manly missed double the number of tackles with 38 against 19 for the Titans. There was little between the teams in terms of running metres, possession or penalties.

The loss came despite huge 80-minute contributions from Titans back-rowers Greg Bird (155 metres from 15 runs) and Ashley Harrison (142 metres from 19 runs).

Match Officials: Referees ? Jason Robinson & Tony De Las Heras; Sideline Officials ? Jason Walsh & Brenden Wood; Video Referee ? Paul Mellor.

The Way We See It: There?s no sugar-coating it ? Gold Coast will be massive underdogs here and rightly so. As mentioned above, if both teams put in a repeat of last week?s efforts there can be only one winner. But a week can be a long time in rugby league, as we?ve seen plenty of times in the past, and the Titans have plenty of quality players, while Manly have plenty missing or in doubt. But since we?re playing it safe we?ll take Manly by 13-plus.

Televised: Fox Sports ? Live 7.30pm.

http://www.nrl.com/

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 10:03 AM
Nice verbal jab from Birdman in the bulletin.

"Our forwards have been doing their job... It just hasn't been working for us in other areas".

Boom! Take that Prince and backline!

I would be pissed too if I was busting my gut like some of our forwards.

tnkd
14-04-12, 10:11 AM
Looking forward to the match up tonight, the Titans are clearly underdogs but 1 win from 6 rounds, with a revived team, as well as lots to prove could well be the making of a great win.

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 10:20 AM
Yeah the away crowd could unite us and produce a backs to the wall victoryz

Titanic
14-04-12, 10:39 AM
Will miss this game as I have other commitments but am vaguely more interested in it than the previous couple of weeks. Sezer in, Srama for 80 and Idris on the left all work for me.

I know many of us don't like Idris on the left but I thought that his work with Bird in the early games was better than solid and I really don't like the idea of him with the tackle-shy Prince and the glue-fingered Peyroux on the right. I feel sorry for Mead in that regard ... perhaps the Prince cut-out pass is the only way he'll get the ball ... certainly not from Peyroux and unlikely from the other Glues Brother Zillman.

teke
14-04-12, 12:06 PM
Nice verbal jab from Birdman in the bulletin.

"Our forwards have been doing their job... It just hasn't been working for us in other areas".

Boom! Take that Prince and backline!

I would be pissed too if I was busting my gut like some of our forwards.Forwards have been doing their job in defence but a few of them are stifling the attack something serious. There is a reason Harro is in the Qld SOO team and it's not to do 18 hitups a game. A few passes that cutout the 2nd rowers could go a long way to making the team look dangerous out wide.

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 12:58 PM
Oh I agree mate, our forwards are defending well and getting out of our half well, but they are predictable in attack and don't do much but get in the way when we are on the opponents line.

DIEHARD
14-04-12, 05:39 PM
Nearly kick off time. Since it is an away game and I'll be home. I'll join you all here chatting about the game.

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 06:02 PM
yep, its go time boys and girls.

Lets do this!

Rage
14-04-12, 06:07 PM
Can't wait!
Hope Sezer absolutely nails it and cements FE as his own

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 06:12 PM
BIRDMAN's in.

but he dropped Douglas to bench instead of odwyer...:ugh:

DIEHARD
14-04-12, 06:15 PM
Good news about Bird but we need Douglas starting.

Jamal's Hamstring
14-04-12, 06:31 PM
Well lets see how this pans out...

Fingers crossed it falls into place.

DIEHARD
14-04-12, 06:35 PM
Im actually confident and excited. Strongest team in ages.

Knightstalker
14-04-12, 06:37 PM
Go The Titans!

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 06:38 PM
haha bailey LOVES the quick tap.

he tries every week and the ref or princey stops him...

so good to see him bolt away.

DIEHARD
14-04-12, 06:39 PM
Bailey, no more deserving but unfortunately it was a double movement...

But let's maintain the momentium and keep disciplined.

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 06:40 PM
damn harrison, said in the paper todya he was gonna try not give any penalties... leads the league now. goose

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 06:44 PM
starting ok and getting yards...5th tackle options letting us down alot.

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 06:45 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! first touch?

DIEHARD
14-04-12, 06:45 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WE SCORED SEZER SCORED OMG AHHHHHHHH

ON DEBUT!!!!

Bayside Titan
14-04-12, 06:46 PM
Oh hail Sezer.

Nick
HAIL SEZER!!!

DIEHARD
Let Sezer do the kicking, let Prince lead!

tnkd
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WE SCORED SEZER SCORED OMG AHHHHHHHH

ON DEBUT!!!!

Yeahhhhhhhh buddy!

DIEHARD
HAIL SEZER!

Boofhead
14-04-12, 06:47 PM
Thats a 5/8.

Nick
Great try.. Getting sick of the inside balls though!

DavidBouveng
HAIL SEZER!!

someone make a pic of him with a wreath on.

Knightstalker
14-04-12, 06:48 PM
They need to keep up this pressure, looking good so far

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 06:49 PM
man our forwards are punching through.

Bird looks good.

and if myles could have got that to Meady he runs 50 and scores

Boofhead
14-04-12, 06:49 PM
Where the **** was Mead?

Jamal's Hamstring
14-04-12, 06:51 PM
Who do I PM to get the name changed to Jamal's Forearm?

Boofhead
14-04-12, 06:51 PM
Jamie Lyon the milk man.

DIEHARD
14-04-12, 06:53 PM
It hit him on the chest and he goes down like a sack of potatos. We need Jamal against the Broncos.

DIEHARD
14-04-12, 06:53 PM
Who do I PM to get the name changed to Jamal's Forearm?

I can do that for you if you wish.

Jamal's Hamstring
14-04-12, 06:54 PM
We'll wait and see what comes of the report ;)

DIEHARD
14-04-12, 06:54 PM
I hate no player more than Lyon.

DIEHARD
14-04-12, 06:56 PM
****, Harrison will be gone for that. Are we gonna have a team next week?

Boofhead
14-04-12, 06:56 PM
The milk men, for ****s sakes.

DIEHARD
14-04-12, 06:58 PM
The milk men, for ****s sakes.

I HATE MANLY

Nick
14-04-12, 06:58 PM
Rumour is OAK milk has dropped their sponsorship from the panthers and decided to go with manly instead.

Jamal's Hamstring
14-04-12, 07:00 PM
Good to see a little mongrel though.

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 07:00 PM
Harrison needs to smarten up.

we are only giving them position through penalties

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 07:02 PM
i hope the message has gone out to stay down for any high ones now to even it out.

unless manly are milking pre emptively for one of princes dives.

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 07:03 PM
We are most definitely a different team to last week. we smash the rooters if we had have played this way

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 07:06 PM
i dont wanna be spamming this thread but gee its nice to see someone rolling nice kicks into the in goal.

if thats all he does for the night hes helped our team.

DIEHARD
14-04-12, 07:07 PM
IDRIS! THATS WHAT WE PAY HIM THE BIG BUCKS FOR! Devastating.

Let's smash woManly!

Jamal's Hamstring
14-04-12, 07:07 PM
Different team out there tonight tbh.

DIEHARD
14-04-12, 07:08 PM
i dont wanna be spamming this thread but gee its nice to see someone rolling nice kicks into the in goal.

if thats all he does for the night hes helped our team.

Nah mate its good to have in game discussion. Not just pre and post. Keep it coming. Im interested in everyones thoughts and jokes.

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 07:08 PM
IDRIS! THATS WHAT WE PAY HIM THE BIG BUCKS FOR! Devastating.

Let's smash woManly!

got to give Princey some love there too?

he opened them up like its 2009. and it was lyon too that he drew in

Bayside Titan
14-04-12, 07:09 PM
Who's playing centers now?

DIEHARD
14-04-12, 07:10 PM
got to give Princey some love there too?

he opened them up like its 2009. and it was lyon too that he drew in

You bet.

Hope we can bag another before half time.

Knightstalker
14-04-12, 07:11 PM
Yeah I'll relax a bit if we can at least get another try before the 40.

DavidBouveng
we are getting very close to breaking right through the middle.

just keeping pluggin away there, the half gaps will get bigger.

the backs should keeps sniffing around bird expecially. he is getting his top half through with a spare arm.

Bayside Titan
Birds playing and we still played Hendersen. For gods sake Carty !!!!!!!!!

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 07:12 PM
also henderson is our groat.

where is Ben T'eo when you need him

DIEHARD
14-04-12, 07:13 PM
Well we didnt get the try but Mead's determination was first class. Eager for the ball. And ended up with a close encounter with a camera.

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 07:13 PM
damn Gordon has been a couple of yards late on a couple of kicks.

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 07:16 PM
****ing steve mattai saying someones going to get hurt.

he is THE biggest thug and cheap shotter in the game.

DIEHARD
14-04-12, 07:16 PM
Terrible tackle. If it was Manly they'd have milked it. Mead is straight back on his feet.

Boofhead
14-04-12, 07:17 PM
****ing michael ****ing Henderson.

Bayside Titan
14-04-12, 07:18 PM
Ferret bloody Hendersen. I'm now convinced that Carty was caught with a goat by Hendersen.

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 07:18 PM
No soft tries now boys. finish off the half with pride!

Knightstalker
14-04-12, 07:19 PM
Ferret bloody Hendersen. I'm now convinced that Carty was caught with a goat by Hendersen.

That has the be the only reason he's out there :mad:

DIEHARD
No soft tries now boys. finish off the half with pride!

Defence! Defence!

DavidBouveng
henderson is surely only keeping ryan james spot warm.

henderson salary is surely going to be cannibalized by D taylor.

henderson surely has to go.

Boofhead
Mini Thinks he is bloody mateo.

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 07:20 PM
Defence! Defence!

yeah lets channel the Blaze.

DEEE-FENSE!!! BOOM BOOM BOOM

DEEE-FENSE!!! BOOOM BOOOM BOOOM

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 07:21 PM
Mini Thinks he is bloody mateo.

he really does.:doh:

Knightstalker
14-04-12, 07:22 PM
And thats the 40

Bayside Titan
14-04-12, 07:23 PM
Sezer needs to get his hand on the ball more. But bloody good kicks that he's been doing.

Knightstalker
14-04-12, 07:25 PM
Hopefully this first half was just a warm up. Now they'll come out guns blazing!

Bayside Titan
14-04-12, 07:25 PM
Hendersen should be Playing With Presto not at Brooky. Cant believe that he has kept White / Ridge out of the side.

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 07:26 PM
yeah he is about quality, not quantity which is perfect.

Corey norman did that the first few weeks, just settled in, and now he is heating up and carving a bit.

sezer just needs to stay solid, kick well and run the bal when he can, and spread it when he has space

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 07:27 PM
Hendersen should be Playing With Presto not at Brooky. Cant believe that he has kept White / Ridge out of the side.

He is the weakest link by far. Carty wont say goodbye though

GoldCoastTitans100
14-04-12, 07:28 PM
The team is playing some good football !

Sezer has been playing well, that means he will get dropped.

Prince has had one good play in 40min, he is at his best !

What is Hendersen doing in the team !

Defense needs to stay strong now.

Boonarga
14-04-12, 07:31 PM
Why the hell did Idris not steamroll the fullback on his first break? LAZY!

Bayside Titan
14-04-12, 07:33 PM
Come on Boys.

Jamal's Hamstring
14-04-12, 07:34 PM
What the **** is happening?

Titans up... Suns look like they'll go up too.

DIEHARD
Why the hell did Idris not steamroll the fullback on his first break? LAZY!

Maybe down on confidence with that hamstring?

2nd half, let's do it. Pleasure to share it with you guys. :thumbsup:

Nick
I get nervous every time mini touches it.

shamus
Where the **** was Mead?

A momentary lapse in reasoning?.......or he just forgot to run back after the 4th?

I could blame the fact on getting his head rammed into the turf....but that came 20 minutes later.

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 07:37 PM
good start.

Gordon MEad and Srama all hungry and helping get the yards

Rage
14-04-12, 07:39 PM
Nice defusal by Mead

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 07:40 PM
good kick and chase prince. now we can attack defend this set

Bayside Titan
14-04-12, 07:43 PM
Bugger.Not good.

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 07:43 PM
so bodene in centre while jamma rests?

hope he comes back out and is ready to rumble!

DIEHARD
14-04-12, 07:44 PM
A try goes begging at the hands of Zillman's hands.

But its nice to dictate a game!

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 07:44 PM
THIS is a huge opportunity

Im tipping birdman to go through

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 07:45 PM
A try goes begging at the hands of Zillman's hands.

But its nice to dictate a game!

its nice that zillman is thinking outside the box and not being so safe

and TRY MEADY!

i feel like im watching a replay of 09/10

DIEHARD
14-04-12, 07:45 PM
Stylish stuff from Prince! Straight down Mead's throat. We are finally using our wingmen!

And that makes Mead our biggest try scoring player!

Rage
14-04-12, 07:46 PM
MEAD IN!!!! Congrats on becoming titans highest try scorer

DIEHARD
its nice that zillman is thinking outside the box and not being so safe

and TRY MEADY!

i feel like im watching a replay of 09/10

Thats what we want from our fullback. I think he has gone good tonight.

Jamal's Hamstring
Only a brave man would call a Titans' game thirty minutes out but I think one more might do it...

Rage
14-04-12, 07:48 PM
How good does it feel that we actually feel dangerous at the line and not just the standard prop going for the hit up

Knightstalker
14-04-12, 07:49 PM
Yeah one more, I'm still nervous. Fire up boys, you can do it!

Bayside Titan
14-04-12, 07:49 PM
Zilly has attacked the ball more tonight.

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 07:50 PM
zillman has attacked the ball alot more. he took a hit up, and he tried to do a dummy half dive over. all new things for him...

i have been a harsh critic of his, but in his defense he did train at 58th all summer so was always gonna be off the pace for fullback play.

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 07:51 PM
but its just that un quantifiable energy through the team tonight.

i dont know where it came from but they all have it, and i like it

Rage
14-04-12, 07:53 PM
YES! thank goodness, my heart almost stopped but we're safe again (for now)

DIEHARD
14-04-12, 07:53 PM
Manly got rewarded for some rubbish ball control there.

Rage
14-04-12, 07:54 PM
Keep the errors coming Manly :D

DIEHARD
14-04-12, 07:55 PM
Love Sezer, he can even pass forward and get away with it!

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 07:56 PM
yeah we have them rattled

Rage
14-04-12, 07:56 PM
Haha good one Diehard! Another line dropout, here we go

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 07:57 PM
WEEEEEEE

thats it folks

Boonarga
The dodgy calls are going our way for a change. These refs hate the Manly crowd.

Rage
Gordon in!!

DavidBouveng
prince 4 try assists.

Jamal's Hamstring
14-04-12, 07:58 PM
Yip Yah! Another one.

DIEHARD
GORDON!! FLIES AND SCORES!

Well done Prince with the kick.

Wow...

Look at that team spirit, just look at it! :)

Boonarga
Why is Prince going so well? A: Sezer!

DIEHARD
14-04-12, 07:59 PM
Manly look consigned to their fate!

DIEHARD
14-04-12, 08:00 PM

Likely the case! Prince gets targeted and we get shut down. Let's hope he can continue the form. I havent seen him play this good in ages.

Rage
Would I be greedy to say I want another try?

Jamal's Hamstring

Fair call. I guess it takes some pressure off.

Knightstalker
:banana: This is amazing, love it! One more try to seal it

DavidBouveng
finally we are using kicks as an attacking weapon

DIEHARD
14-04-12, 08:02 PM
Got the luck of the Irish tonight!

Knightstalker
14-04-12, 08:03 PM
Got the luck of the Irish tonight!

Lets hope the luck holds out for the rest of the season ;)

Jamal's Hamstring
14-04-12, 08:05 PM
Nothing in that one at all.

Bayside Titan
14-04-12, 08:05 PM
Can rely on Matai to give his team a breather.

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 08:06 PM
we get one too, and we can get composed to close this bastard out!

Boonarga
14-04-12, 08:07 PM
Even better than the win, we now have a 5/8

DavidBouveng
zillman has been sniffing around the ruck alot tonight.

He is almost a different player

DIEHARD
Let's come home with a wet sail! 10mins left!

DIEHARD
14-04-12, 08:08 PM

I hope Im not dreaming this! Earlier today Kevin Rudd and Therese Rein tweeted me. Im starting to be suspicous!

Jamal's Hamstring
14-04-12, 08:09 PM

So is Prince. All the backs look like a different animal.

Rage
Haha Princey's in good spirits tonight

DIEHARD
Off side! Titans jumping out of their socks!

Going for a goal here.

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 08:10 PM
he should a dived and slid over.

Boofhead
14-04-12, 08:11 PM
Don't even care I lost my 1-12, good on ya boys!

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 08:11 PM
man there looks to be love in the air.

winning really calms ppl down, like a good session in the cot

tnkd
14-04-12, 08:12 PM

Perhaps it's worth it for a good game and a good win?

Just to rub salt in, I had Broncos -8 into Dragons -4 into Titans +12.5 so I'm happy :P

Jamal's Hamstring

Manly might give you a gift here!

DavidBouveng
letting in one try is a great thing as well.

Jamal's Hamstring
14-04-12, 08:13 PM
Perhaps it's worth it for a good game and a good win?

Just to rub salt in, I had Broncos -8 into Dragons -4 into Titans +12.5 so I'm happy :P

That's got to be worth a dollar or two?

Rage
14-04-12, 08:13 PM
Bull Bailey for five-eight haha

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 08:14 PM
going for goal is a bit negative at 24-8.

could really get some more momentum by finishing with the ball in our hands

DavidBouveng
could this turn it around?

Look out broncos!

Bayside Titan
Can't believe what I am seeing

tnkd
14-04-12, 08:15 PM
That's got to be worth a dollar or two?

$7.10 to be exact :)

DIEHARD
14-04-12, 08:15 PM
Manly get a freebie.

Jamal's Hamstring
14-04-12, 08:16 PM
And the 1-12 bet is on!

Everyone wins!

Bayside Titan
14-04-12, 08:16 PM
Why is Hendersen back out on the field?

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 08:17 PM
where is jamma?

jenwood
14-04-12, 08:18 PM
what a difference a good 5/8 makes-Prince looks like he is enjoying the game!

Bayside Titan
14-04-12, 08:19 PM
Come on boys think for and against.

GoldCoastTitans100
Prince is now playing really good football, but can he do it two weeks in a row ?

Sezer is going to be a good player!

DavidBouveng
watmough on the mike saying 'your a ****ing grub greggo'

classic from manly forward, or any player from manly really except maybe DCE

DIEHARD
That was a win for the true believers.

So many positives.

Boofhead
Thank god for birdy kicking it in to touch, got my 1-12.

jenwood
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! finally a good win and all the sweeter cos its against Manly! :salute: :salute:

tnkd
Really happy with the game, some problems though in Idris and Harrison... are we going to be in trouble here?

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 08:20 PM
book it boys!

good fun tonight chatting with you all!

will be a fun week on the boards this week

Jamal's Hamstring
So to be a Debbie Downer can we now talk about a five day turn around and a ****load of outs?

Or do I wait until Tuesday?

Just asking...

Rage
YESS!! Almost forgotten what it feels like to get a win. I wish it wasn't bye next week, let's keep the momentum going!

karnage
14-04-12, 08:21 PM
Well, how about that!!!! That was just so satisfying!! We really played for 80 minutes tonight and for the first time this year looked like an NRL team. That is some great momentum into the bye.

BRING ON THE BRONCOS!!:fight:

With that news I jumped on the 1-12 at $6.

Mate, never been so happy to see a team score a late try. You would have been seriously stiff if we won 13+!!:thumbsup:

Jamal's Hamstring
And the Suns just went ahead again.

jenwood
Nice to hear Wolfman admit they got outplayed by us! No excuses- good man

DavidBouveng
14-04-12, 08:22 PM
we looked like a hungry competent NRL side tonight.

we had desire, variety, class and i hope its something we build on!

patskE
14-04-12, 08:23 PM
sooooooo devo'd i had to work today... would of been out there for sure. sigh
good to see us turning up for a change. still need to get some scrum moves, like a kick for mead/Gordon tbh.

jenwood
Hope Harro escapes suspension- didnt look too good! I think Jamal will be okay-he wasnt even looking really!

Smakked
I was pretty happy with our boys for tonight played very well, good to get a win, seizer is good i like him already, seems to have a good footy head and reads play pretty good.

DavidBouveng
we got a bye? awesome to have a break one that good note.

11 days to rest up and get ready for brisbane.