PDA

View Full Version : Titans: Player policy remains unchanged

DeeGan
24-01-06, 11:50 PM
Titans: Player policy remains unchanged

I spoke to Ian Buchanan (General Manager Media and Operations) today and touched on the general feeling out there with the 'sign the person before the player' policy will be adopting at the Gold Coast Titans. I brought it up as there seems to be a general feeling out there where that the Danny Ward possible signing may go against the policy I and many others agree with.

This is what Ian had to say, "If you direct the Forum to the quotes from yesterday?s story they don?t directly say we are hunting Danny Ward. In fact our policy of targeting the player and their character is unchanged and that applies in this case as well"

Hope this clears it up a little and may ease the mind of a few members.

No, there is nothing in the above suggesting yes or no to a possible signing of Ward , though Ian makes it clear the 'person before the player' policy is unchanged.

Danny Ward is a player most members here would not know of barring the sudden link to the Titans. I would put it down as 100% certain that the only info members know about the player is what is released by the British media which is doing it's best to draw out the recent sacking magnifying the incidents that landed him in this mess.

Personally, I prefer making an assessment of character after meeting someone - IF we at the Titans are interested in Ward, there must be something in his make-up that appeals to Carty and with complete trust in the those at the helm of our club, I am happy to go with their judgement.

It will be an interesting few weeks (or months) seeing the new signings coming to our club.

I would hope that whoever is signed is welcomed with open arms by the Gold Coast Titans fans :)

Cheers

DeeGan

DIEHARD
25-01-06, 12:19 AM
I trust the club's judgement.

Queenslander
25-01-06, 01:51 PM
The Titans know what they are doing, and they know what is best for there club. :D Good work as always by the management

Dakink
25-01-06, 02:26 PM
Well they havent exactly signed duds now have they??

As my old Sensei would say,

'Calm blue seas Grasshopper - Calm Blue Seas!'