PDA

View Full Version : Gold Coast Predators

TitansFan2020
30-03-12, 11:04 PM
This is the thread in which you can input ideas for my selection of team name (if worse comes to worse and we are forced to change our team branding) and design or just come up with a completely new idea, the choice is yours!

As you see i have chosen The Gold Coast Predators, i beleive this is a good, fearful name with alot choices when it comes to advertising, mascots and fan merchandise. Also we can go back to our QLD red (not maroon) so we can pick up some more resoect among the state. :thumbsup:

Below on my next post is my team jersey, name design and logo- feal free to critisize ( although dont be to slack haha)

HAVE FUN!

TitansFan2020
30-03-12, 11:06 PM
Here she is... so you like ?

TitansFan2020
30-03-12, 11:12 PM
Also instead of the fortress we could have the chamber, i cant think of a name for the legion and also instead of carty we pick up smell my finger :salute:

amaline
30-03-12, 11:30 PM
Here she is... so you like ?

I bet CC Bears supporters wouldn't approve. Not too bad though.

eelectrica
31-03-12, 01:18 AM
Gold Coast Wolves.
Make Machine Heads songs 'Wolves' the entrance music. Get people fired up!

Actually my preferred name is the Dolphins, but I know that ain't gonna happen.

Steelers
31-03-12, 02:12 AM
Actually my preferred name is the Dolphins, but I know that ain't gonna happen.

My vote would be for the Dolphins as well, but Redcliffe would never let that happen (again :thumbsup:)

BRING BACK THE CHARGERS!

decentrix
31-03-12, 07:45 AM
Go the EWOKS!
Everyone would fear us, and we can make our uniforms out of fur. =D

TitansFan2020
31-03-12, 11:33 AM
Haha ill have to give a pass on the ewoks but i like the wolves good mascot and have a good intro when the boys were running through the tunnels. I kind of like dolphins but of course redcliffe and it would be hard to have any support like mascot, legion helmets, warcries and music.

shamus
31-03-12, 12:27 PM
This is the thread in which you can input ideas for my selection of team name (if worse comes to worse and we are forced to change our team branding) and design or just come up with a completely new idea, the choice is yours!

As you see i have chosen The Gold Coast Predators, i beleive this is a good, fearful name with alot choices when it comes to advertising, mascots and fan merchandise. Also we can go back to our QLD red (not maroon) so we can pick up some more resoect among the state. :thumbsup:

Below on my next post is my team jersey, name design and logo- feal free to critisize ( although dont be to slack haha)

HAVE FUN!

I like your passion and I don't mind the name Predators but I think you may alienate some supporters (like me) when you refer to the Titans (God I hope we keep the name) as Queenslanders.....We are pretty close to the border and you should remember anyone south of the border for a few hundred klms don't have a team to support other than the Titans. They (and me) are just as proud of this club as you. I try to ignore most comments on this forum when Titans are referred to as Qlders....

I personally would prefer a neutral colour.. Maybe with just a little blue in it. :p

oh...........and I am not criticising.........just giving my opinion. :D

TitansFan2020
31-03-12, 12:53 PM
Haha all good mate, everyone has an opinion cause without competitive ideas we would make no progress!

Here on the Gold Coast we refer to ourselves very much as queenslanders, we may be on the border but we are maroon to the bone and having abit of red wouldnt hurt. Although you are correct in saying south of the GC no one has a team to support so picking a neutral colour could be a large factor although as long as we arent the disgusting colour of the broncos i think we should retain our southern supporters haha.

I also agree with you when you say you would rahter keep the titans name, i love the titans and i hope they stay around till i die. :)

DavidBouveng
31-03-12, 01:25 PM
i prefer Gladiators over Predators. Predators sounds a bit try hard or fake. but i love that youve kicked off the discussion as it looks like we may need it.

with Gladiators, we could have a very similar logo / mascot to titans, and even same colours as long as searle doesnt get in the way.

TitansFan2020
31-03-12, 01:40 PM
Gladiators hey??? hmmm i might of been on to something ;)

Mr Stupid
31-03-12, 02:13 PM
I like your passion and I don't mind the name Predators but I think you may alienate some supporters (like me) when you refer to the Titans (God I hope we keep the name) as Queenslanders.....We are pretty close to the border and you should remember anyone south of the border for a few hundred klms don't have a team to support other than the Titans. They (and me) are just as proud of this club as you. I try to ignore most comments on this forum when Titans are referred to as Qlders....

I personally would prefer a neutral colour.. Maybe with just a little blue in it. :p

oh...........and I am not criticising.........just giving my opinion. :D

Well said? What about the GC Borderers, GC Inter Staters, GC Inclusives or the GC Non Commiters?

DIEHARD
31-03-12, 02:21 PM
I'll stick with Titans.

Smakked
31-03-12, 02:49 PM
I'll stick with Titans.

I would aswell but realistically i cannot see Searle handing it over unfortunately.

DIEHARD
31-03-12, 02:57 PM
I would aswell but realistically i cannot see Searle handing it over unfortunately.

I want to avoid speculating about that possible dark future. BUT...

I hope we would see the Titans continue. We cant afford another mocker. And we would lose so much goodwill and brand identity.

Also what is the value of the Titans brand without a NRL license?

If it comes to a debate about new names, I'll participate then. But Gladiators would be a strong contender.

Mr Stupid
31-03-12, 03:03 PM
I'll stick with Titans.

You bet...long live The Titans.

eelectrica
31-03-12, 03:10 PM
Ideally the Titans name and logo would be kept. Under new management I think any negatives would disapper soon enough.

Failing that how about Liquidators :tongue:

matti
31-03-12, 03:52 PM
Searle should just let it go, he started the titans and i assume he wants it to keep going.

decentrix
31-03-12, 04:17 PM
Essentially, if they rebrand the team, it will be yet another Gold Coast team formed. Media would have a field day with that one =/ even though it still is roughly the same guys apart from coaching staff.

Titanic
31-03-12, 05:02 PM
Buccaneers/Falcons (not commodores)/Daggers/Bulls/Aces/Ball Bangers/Cavaliers/Cruisers/Guns/Hornets/Lazers/Lightning/Machine/Muscle/Seawolves/Shade/Shoremen/Spectre/Surf

teke
31-03-12, 05:18 PM
Not a fan of the word Predators, a couple of negative connotations associated with it.

decentrix
31-03-12, 05:50 PM
Gold Coast Meter Maids? Lots of good images we could use for a logo then :DD
in a rather more serious note though...
Gold Coast Cavaliers sounds rather good.

TitansFan2020
31-03-12, 06:11 PM
I would like cavaliers but it reminds me of the terrible organisation that is the cleveland cavaliers so the name haunts me, i love the wolves, hornets and daggers for some reason. They just role off the tongue :)

And teke, i hardly doubt we will be related to what your thinking

Smakked
31-03-12, 06:24 PM
Gold Coast Spartans

C-Whiz
31-03-12, 07:07 PM
Not a fan of the word Predators, a couple of negative connotations associated with it.

And teke, i hardly doubt we will be related to what your thinkingI don't like Predators for the reasons teke is probably thinking, and unfortunately, that would be the connotations associated with it.

Gold Coast Spartans
If we need to change names, I would suggest with all my strength that we maintain some sort of association with Titans as a theme. Gladiators and Spartans make sense to me, and I do think the Gold Coast Gladiators rolls off the tongue quite nicely, but I actually like Spartans more.

Then we can let the Colloseum/Fortress thing go, and just maintain, "This is Sparta!", before kicking the enemy into oblivion. :fight: .

teke
31-03-12, 07:28 PM
I would like cavaliers but it reminds me of the terrible organisation that is the cleveland cavaliers so the name haunts me, i love the wolves, hornets and daggers for some reason. They just role off the tongue :)

And teke, i hardly doubt we will be related to what your thinkingI guarantee you what Im thinking will be raised many many times against us.

Nick
31-03-12, 09:48 PM
I guarantee you what Im thinking will be raised many many times against us.

Was the first thing that came to mind actually.. sad isnt it?

I hope we do keep the tits, I dont feel like buying all new merchandise.. White-out doesnt work very well on jerseys :(

Rage
31-03-12, 11:03 PM
Gold Coast Gladiators was my first thought but someone already mentioned it.

How about Gold Coast Trojans?

DIEHARD
31-03-12, 11:18 PM
I'm with C Whiz. Titans or retain a connection.

I'm not going to suggest names. (reminds me of the old days. 2003-2005) Just seems like admitting defeat.

Maybe naming ourselves Titans was tempting fate. I just thought we could always out run it.

Titanic
01-04-12, 10:08 AM
How about the Surly Titans and then Searle can feel appeased?

Steelers
01-04-12, 10:09 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/62/Goldcoast_1988.jpg

TitansFan
02-04-12, 05:53 PM
I hope it doesn't come to this. Like others have said, I hope we don't have to re-brand our team yet again. We've already had 4 different identities since 1988.
I always liked the idea of "Dolphins" when it was suggested back in the pre-Titans days. But Redcliffe had a cry about that.... even though there are 2 teams called the Seagulls in the Q Cup.... WTF?
Maybe it would be a good idea to resurrect an old name like Chargers or Giants... then it would seem less like making a new start, if u follow what i mean..

DIEHARD
02-04-12, 06:13 PM
Redcliffe Dolphins had a right to have a cry about it. They have had long term NRL goals and it would be a shame to see them get there but not have their traditional name. It wasn't our best idea and in the end we got the brand that suited us best.

The the turqiouse, orange and white Dolphins to the blue, gold and white Titans.

It's a brand we need to keep. Too many people have invested in it.

DavidBouveng
02-04-12, 06:25 PM
And the colour scheme is so in tune with our city. So much so that the soccer and basketball teams adopted it. (blaze bit more orange than sand but pretty close).

I'm hanging to buy a new jersey and get my missus one too, but I can't till I know it's the one well keep moving forwards.

DIEHARD
03-04-12, 02:52 PM
Speaking to some of our most passionate supporters and I have to agree.

Anything but the TITANS would cut our support off at the knees.

Jamal's Hamstring
03-04-12, 03:53 PM
Predators? I like it. We could have a mascot handing lollies out to the kids as they come through the gates.

To build a family friendly atmosphere of course. Not what you were thinking.

eelectrica
03-04-12, 03:56 PM
When I hear the name Predator, I think of the movie - The one with Arnie of course. Pity how some of these names get hijacked.
*Shrugs*

teke
04-04-12, 01:59 AM
Predators? I like it. We could have a mascot handing lollies out to the kids as they come through the gates.

To build a family friendly atmosphere of course. Not what you were thinking.:laugh: :laugh: Idiot

decentrix
04-04-12, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by Jamal's Hamstring

To build a family friendly atmosphere of course. Not what you were thinking.
IdiotTrenchcoat and all?

Jamal's Hamstring
06-04-12, 01:54 PM
Will our budget extend that far giving the current climate?