PDA

View Full Version : Music sharing

Coaster
24-01-06, 09:00 PM
I have recently noticed my music sharer, has been discontinued.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good music sharing site?

Titanium_BD1103
25-01-06, 08:49 AM
Not sure if publicly we should be encouraging music sharing LOL.. but here is the suggestion I have.. :)

Go onto Google and Type in Limewire, and choose Limewire Classic when you are asked to download.. it is free, is very good quality for music and is very reliable... you can preview the music as you download it which is very good.. :D :D

DON'T DOWNLOAD PROGRAMS FROM IT THOUGH.. got a virus doing that..;)... music though is fine.. it checks that for viruses before it downloads.. :)

Best of all if you want premium.. you can just use Limewire to download it and then you can have the premium edition.. so yeah that is my suggestion... :D

Steelers
25-01-06, 09:18 AM
Not sure if publicly we should be encouraging music sharing LOL.. but here is the suggestion I have.. :)

Go onto Google and Type in Limewire, and choose Limewire Classic when you are asked to download.. it is free, is very good quality for music and is very reliable... you can preview the music as you download it which is very good.. :D :D

DON'T DOWNLOAD PROGRAMS FROM IT THOUGH.. got a virus doing that..;)... music though is fine.. it checks that for viruses before it downloads.. :)

Best of all if you want premium.. you can just use Limewire to download it and then you can have the premium edition.. so yeah that is my suggestion... :D

LimeWire is a great program, but you do have to be very careful. Make sure you double check the size of the file, to make sure it is a normal size for a music file, and make sure you virus check EVERYTHING you download before opening it. If you do that, you should be fine.

Dakink
25-01-06, 09:29 AM
Another good prog is bit torrent. Wont get any viruses from that little puppy.

Titans#1
25-01-06, 09:43 AM
I use Ares and Warez.... both similar, and I've NEVER had a problem.

Steelers
25-01-06, 10:22 AM
Another good prog is bit torrent. Wont get any viruses from that little puppy.

Yeah I use that ALOT! Mainly to download TV episodes aired in the US before they air here (I already have the first 11 episodes of Lost: Season 2 :D)

DeeGan
25-01-06, 11:01 AM
Members

Not to dampen the parade though this has to be said.

The Gold Coast Titans team, website or forum in no way, shape or form encourages music sharing amongst our members.

Thanks

DeeGan

Super Cronk
25-01-06, 11:04 AM
When i first got into it i downloaded Ares and it was awesome, then about 6 months ago ares stopped working...it said it couldnt connect. So i looked for other ways to SHARE music and i got limewire....and that gave me every malware under the sun..and slowed my computer right down. So i got rid of that...and just teh other day downloaded ares agian and it works fine.

I used bit torrent but i found it is very very slow...im on a fast connection speed...but the torrent only downloads at 3kbs.

Dakink
25-01-06, 11:50 AM
Only downloaded at 3kbs and you reckon you have a fast connection - I get about 30-50 for download..

qld power
25-01-06, 03:57 PM
i use mirc realy good if u after music vids and mp3s and bittorents

Steve Dangerous
25-01-06, 04:54 PM
P2P is dead.

Torrents are the current thing.

But i must say i enjoy my large CD collection. i see mp3s as a good way to sample, but nothing to live by.