PDA

View Full Version : Titans: Rumoured signings

DeeGan
24-01-06, 11:54 AM
Titans: Rumoured signings

Use this thread for pasting news on 'possible' Gold Coast Titans signings for 2007.

At the moment, those being mentioned in the media are:

- Danny Ward
- Scott Prince
- Richie Mathers

This thread will make it easier for new and old members alike to keep on top of 'rumoured' gains for 2007 :)

Cheers

DeeGan

DeeGan
24-01-06, 11:55 AM
I will start with a piece from bbc.co.uk:

Aussie clubs interested in Ward

Three current Australian National Rugby League clubs have shown interest in signing Great Britain prop Danny Ward after his sacking by Leeds.

Ward, 25, had already spoken to Gold Coast Titans, who join the league next year, and three more teams have joined four Super League teams in the hunt.

"I've contacted all the NRL clubs and I'm talking seriously to three of them," said his agent Ron Hill.

Hill said Ward was unlikely to take up an offer to train with Batley.

Ward, the son of former Leeds captain and coach David Ward, played 135 games for the Rhinos and made his Great Britain debut in 2004, but was sacked for gross misconduct.

He was out of contract at the end of the 2006 season and Hill revealed that the Gold Coast had been an option for Ward before he was sacked.

The Titans have already signed up Great Britain winger Brian Carney for 2007 and are thought to be close to bringing in Leeds full-back Richard Mathers.

DeeGan